MavSocial

Social Media Management and Advertising software

Grace H.

Excellent product for social media monitoring and analysis

Reviewed on 2021/03/14

It is a social media management tool, it is ideal for directing traffic to publications, it allows instant visibility to all conversations, it also saves us a lot of time, now we can easily schedule social media campaigns, it also keeps all my content in order , the reports are very helpful and very complete, it is a very complete tool.

Pros

The platform is easy to use, its reports provide a lot of information, it is a great solution to manage content on social networks, you can also store and manage your digital assets easily, I can use it to manage multiple accounts in a single control panel, I can also schedule separate posts in two different ones, the way it integrates with a wide variety of social networks is very good, it's a very intuitive tool.

Cons

It seems to me a well-designed tool, ideal for managing content on social networks without any problem, I don't see anything bad about this software.

Louise H.

I love MavSocial!

Reviewed on 2017/01/25

MavSocial is designed as a visual content (images, videos) marketing platform - unlike most of the other platforms in the market that were created a long time ago when visual content was not so important.

There is so much to the platform - you can store all your videos and images in your personal digital library and then publish them to all the major social networks. Its also the easiest place for anyone to obtain images. You don't have to know which size to choose or which license applies. You just search, select, put in shopping cart, and when you check out the image is automatically moved to your library. Even the free images available are visually compelling and i know that they are actively looking to add more libraries. They have post engagement (they call it social inbox), reporting and also the ability repeat publish evergreen content. Given this the pricing for the PRO version is pretty reasonable $59pm - we used to use Meet Edgar which really liked however that just does repeat publishing and costs $49pm!

And there is not much of a learning curve compared to any other social media solutions I've seen to get used to MavSocial. Just click on tabs to edit for each social network. Then schedule or publish.

The only thing i wish they would add is Pinterest.. Mavsocial guys if you are reading this? ;-)

Pros

The tool is unique in 3-5 areas, offering key functionality that is not offered elsewhere.

Cons

Nothing major apart from I wish they supported Pinterest! Also, if they would allow us (users/admins) to have the ability to change the thumbnail photo of our link posts, that would be awesome!

Response from Maventus Group

Thanks for your kind review Louise.

We are planning on adding Pinterest last this year! So stay tuned!

Jake L.

Social Media Management Tool At Its Finest!

Reviewed on 2017/02/14

MavSocial may very well be the future of Social Media Management. It is easy to use and delivers more than what you expect from a simple product. Our real estate social media marketing strategy is now built around the use of MavSocial. We've automated 80% of our monthly social media campaigns through this app. It's amazing and I highly recommend it to all entrepreneurs that wants fast results on their social media marketing.

Pros

The easeness in automating posts across all social media assets.

Cons

Nothing so far.

Dave H.

Has some great features that others social media tools don't have

Reviewed on 2016/12/06

Overall I really like MavSocial - it uniquely combines the ability to manage all your videos and images and then publish them to most of the major social media networks. The ability to create a single post and then share it is incredible and I like the Mavrepeater functionality of being able to publish out my evergreen content.
Having said that it's not perfect (like all tools), my major issues are that the post manager whilst very powerful, takes awhile to understand how to use properly and it doesn't support Pinterest, though I am told this may be coming soon.
Overall definitely recommend trying it

Pros

Lots of functionality; including some not available elsewhere

Cons

Takes awhile learning how to use it properly

Vincent O.
  • Industry: Information Services

Intuitive Visual Content Management

Reviewed on 2017/04/15

Some months ago, we ditched other social media management tool for MAVSocial Small Business Edition. It has been one of our best decision this year. We love this tool

Pros

valuable

Cons

none

Angie L.
  • Industry: Investment Banking
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Reviewed on 2018/07/23

Abigail N.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

It's a good Social Media Manager but it needs a few tweaking

Reviewed on 2016/11/10

I first learnt about MavSocial on iag.me and later on Facebook ads. I tend to try lots of social media and marketing tools, especially if it's free. Haven used Hootsuite, Buffer, Zoho Social, CoSchedule and Nelio, I decided to try MavSocial's free plan

I was so impressed by Iag's blog post that rather than test it on my personal SM accounts, I used it on the social media accounts of the Architecture company I currently work out.

It started out smoothly, I love the ability to upload all my Social media assets and use them to create posts, I also love their campaign feature and the Mavrepeater.

What I don't like is that, to schedule a post to Facebook and Twitter, I must click their icon and then the Mav master post icon, however, that isn't a big deal, it just gets annoying after a while.

Another annoying thing that I don't like but could live with is that after creating a post I have to refresh the page so I can schedule a new post, because unlike Hootsuite and buffer which gives you an empty dashboard to type your next post.

The part I really wish they fix is that sometimes the copy of my post doesn't show on Facebook or twitter but the attached/uploaded image does. Resulting in a post consisting of just an image.
I also don't like how my latest post was incomplete, the bit.ly link in the scheduled post wasn't on the post on FB and twitter so I had to edit the post on Fb, delete and rewrite the twitter post.

I also do not like how I cannot tag a page or twitter profile in a post, unlike Hootsuite and CoSchedule.

Maybe these problems are restricted to the free plan, however, I switched back to Hootsuite, it was safer that way.

Pros

Cons

What I don't like is that to schedule a post to Facebook and Twitter, I must click their icon and then the Mav master post icon, however, that isn't a big deal, it just gets annoying after a while.

Response from Maventus Group

Abigail, thanks very much for taking the time to give us a review and we are glad that over all your liked MavSocial.

We have passed on your comments about the Post Manager to our product team, we are constantly striving to make it easier to use.

There are a few other things that you have mentioned that you had problems with; we would be very happy to arrange a skype call with you to show you how to tag twitter pages etc.

Pls contact us at [email protected] if you would like to take us up on the offer.

Bret R.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

Shady

Reviewed on 2018/11/28

Pros

It does most of what they say not all social media and still have to download other software for certain social media

Cons

They jacked up my bill $100 and do not tell you and then get from bank account without letting you know.... be careful

Julie anne G.

Excellent software and easy to use!

Reviewed on 2017/05/24

The ability to organize, schedule, and publish all of my content with the push of a button. MavSocial also has a dashboard showing social analytics so I can easily see what is working and what isn't.

Pros

I like the convenience of being able to search for stock images right in MavSocial rather than having to search through a third party stock photo provider. There is a wealth of royalty-free photos and images as well as paid options, which helps me to budget accordingly. I love having everything all in one place!

Cons

Nothing that I can think of at this time. MavSocial really helped me not only learn how to manage social media, but how to also make it work for my business.

Ashley F.

Great alternative to the big social media tools with a focus on images/video

Reviewed on 2015/02/05

Mav Social is a great alternative for anyone looking for a social media tool with a difference. And that difference is a focus on media (video, audio and images) including a repository for easy re-use and cataloging. As well as an in-tool image editor.

They also have all the usual suspects you would need in an SM tool (analytics, sharing, scheduling) but also cover a lot of the places you would not expect and have direct video sharing to many platforms (often not possible even with the big name tools).

So if you are looking for a media focused SM tool, give it a try.