Acctivate Inventory Management Reviews

Acctivate Inventory Management

Inventory management add-on for businesses using QuickBooks.

David
  • Industry: Management Consulting

A product you can rely on from a consultant's perspective

Reviewed on 2016/05/12

Pros

Acctivate Inventory is a full featured inventory management system that can be added onto QuickBooks easily and cost effectively. By doing so, a QuickBooks user can extend the useful life of QuickBooks without needing to upgrade that accounting program. And it provides the same or better functionality than many inventory modules of many ERPs. This is an excellent product that is from an equally excellent vendor whose attention to customer service and details are superb.

Cons

I like the functionality of the product first and foremost and its ease of use. The vendor's training program is excellent and as I mentioned above their customer service is very very good as well. I am a business consultant to many companies and have never hesitated to recommend Acctivate,

Oscar

Great Program

Reviewed on 2019/04/03

Pros

its easy to navigate through system and do cycle counts with correct inventory

Cons

THe system seems to get hung up alot of times making it lose info that i have done.

Response from Acctivate

Oscar,

Thank you for letting us know how things are going with Acctivate. It¿s great to hear that you are finding Acctivate easy-to-use and your processes are more seamless with our real-time inventory visibility. In regard to experiencing hang ups and losing info, our support team can look into that further, please contact them at 817-870-1311 or [email protected].

Best,
Erica Avila

Aaron
  • Industry: Machinery

Bloated software with poor support.

Reviewed on 2019/03/05

Pros

There are many features available, even if difficult to manage.

Cons

Support...
I have been dealing with a print error from Acctivate and have had a ticket open for over a week now with only back and forth email communication. If you call the support number, you will eventually be dumped into voicemail and they sometimes have never returned a call, when they do it takes days.

A business is not able to conduct good business with this software when support is this poor and lacking.

Response from Acctivate

Aaron,
Thank you for letting us know about your recent experiences.

We strive to deliver easy-to-use features and are more than willing to assist you with any challenges. If you are not finding the answers you need on our help site (https://help.acctivate.com) for any particular feature, please reach out to the support team for assistance.

Our apologies for the inconvenience you experienced with your recent support request. We are here to provide quality support, so when dissatisfaction is expressed, we use it to see how we can improve. Being that this request originated via email, we continued in that manner, so any time you would like to have a phone call please let us know and we will be happy to call you. We also respond to voicemails, if you call and do not immediately get someone on the line.

We appreciate your feedback and will use it to help in improving our processes.

Bart

The Good, Bad & the Ugly

Reviewed on 2016/03/30

Acctivate is a really good inventory control system and it is pretty easy to learn and it has a lot of capabilities and we love it. But here are the problems I have had. I have had numerous problems with technical support, and it has only gotten worse instead of better. In order to reach customer service now, you have go to the Acctivate website and enter a service request, and you may or may not get a prompt reply back. When we are having technical problems with this program, it can bring our entire operation to a halt and there doesn't seem to be any sense of urgency on the part of the technicians at Acctivate. This is my biggest problem with Acctivate and it the one thing that makes me very angry. My only other problem is training. This is a very complex program, and you can learn the basics pretty quickly and that will get you by. But there is no formal training to teach you everything you need to know other than videos that you can watch and some webinars. I think there needs to be a trainer that can teach new users how to use the program in depth at your facility in Arlington so that customers that have purchased the program can spend 3-4 days with some in depth training. I have had this system for over 2 years now and we are still finding new things that we have never seen or used before. When we purchased Acctivate, they do a great job of getting you up and going and answer any questions you might have, but some real hands on training would be so much better. But once you get used to the program, it's great.

Shawn

Acctivate works relatively well

Reviewed on 2017/06/09

Pros

Acctivate is relatively easy to use. Tracking activities, customers, and orders is straight forward and easy to follow.

Cons

The biggest challenge with Acctivate is that it seems to crash for no obvious reason and sometimes with no warning. When this happens, whatever is being worked on is lost.

Chris

Overpromised and Under-delivered

Reviewed on 2020/11/24

The Acctivate program that was promised as an out of the box easy to use program is one that caused nothing but headaches throughout the implementation process. Do we feel more comfortable with our inventory counts? Yes.

Do we feel we could have bought something better for the same $15000-$18000 that we spent on this program? Absolutely.

Would I recommend this program to anyone else that I know? Absolutely not.

Pros

The CRM feature is okay and on the sales rep end of things the program makes sense but it isn't any better than any other CRM than you would be able to purchase on the market. There are some good features on here that help navigate customers and view products purchased. There are a lot of reports available but they aren't as easy to customize as other programs we've used in the past.

Cons

It's clunky and feels like an old legacy program. It glitches out constantly and seems to do crash the most when you are in the middle of something time-sensitive. It's not very easy to navigate and the program isn't very intuitive. We purchased a program that was a $1500-$3000 add-on and was strung along by IT Support who were acting like they were working on it the whole time. A day or so after the refund period had ended they told us that the program was actually oversold and it has never truly worked so now we have a program that we can't use and cost us a few thousand dollars. They just brushed us off when we told them the feature didn't work as promised. Also, when we were transferring over our inventory the IT Support transferred over the inventory multiple times which has still caused issues until this day.

When you put in a help ticket, do not expect any sort of support or response in a timely manner.

Melanie
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Sometimes Acctivate can be glitchy and close down abruptly. Quantities aren't always accurate.

Reviewed on 2017/06/30

Pros

This software is pretty user-friendly and easy to pick up and learn. It is easy to place orders, print pick lists, invoice, ship, check previous order history, etc.

Cons

There are some functions I wish this software had. Such as, avoid double printing pick tickets by letting the user know the order was already printed. Also, this software will freeze and shut down abruptly from time to time for no reason.

Response from Acctivate

Melanie, thank you for being a valued customer for over 10 years. I see that you and some other colleagues at Eclipse Aesthetics have had some challenges recently.

Our customer support team strives hard to offer the best service possible to all of our clients.

I encourage you to talk to one of our friendly, Texas-based support reps who can work with you and fix what's happening. Two ways to get in touch is via our Help site, http://help.acctivate.com or call us Monday - Friday at 817-870-1311.

Denley

Acctivate Review

Reviewed on 2021/08/12

overall, pretty good! It does what I need on a daily basis!

overall, pretty good! It does what I need on a daily basis!

Pros

Purchasing, inventory management, tracking of POs, tracking cost of products

Cons

search functionality! and crashes often :(

Cody
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Great Software - looking forward to further developements

Reviewed on 2022/02/01

Pros

The support team that comes with it has been great.

Cons

There are some features that are not currently included with the software that would greatly benefit us.

Eric
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Acctivate new user

Reviewed on 2019/06/08

Made the move from quickbooks and dramatically sped up internal processes

Made the move from quickbooks and dramatically sped up internal processes

Pros

Intuitive UI that is well thought out. Fantastic customer support

Cons

Report generation is sometimes slow and challenging to use

Response from Acctivate

Hi Eric,
Thank you for the wonderful review! We are happy you all chose Acctivate as your inventory and business management software and that you all are seeing major enhancements compared to your former processes. We look forward to a continued partnership with you and the entire team at Woodcraft Technologies.

Kind Regards,
Erica Avila

Omer
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

President

Reviewed on 2017/12/19

Zero customer support, they will direct you to one of their consultants. Same issues almost everyday. It crashes almost several times a day. Sync is ongoing, never ending process. Duplicate invoices, duplicate customers, and many more issues. They told us 2018 version will resolve the issues, nothing changed, even got worse.

Pros

Easy to buy hard to make it work. It is colorful, it seems like it will work when you are buying and you find out very next day, it is not working. But it is already too late to back off since you invested too much time and money.

Cons

Nothing really working properly. We did moved from QB and now again we are shopping for another software.

Alexis

Powerfull Software

Reviewed on 2020/02/14

Good, I am very happy with the Acctivate Inventory Software!

Good, I am very happy with the Acctivate Inventory Software!

Pros

I am able to keep track of my inventory

Cons

There are some issues with ease of use. Once trained the application is much easier

frank
  • Industry: Wholesale

excellent company toi work with, great support, quick to response to any issue.

Reviewed on 2017/01/25

Excellent experience they are sharp Very experience and always helpful. They have excellent knowledge and there knowledge base is great for help.

Pros

easy to use.

Cons

none

Dick

10+ Years & Counting

Reviewed on 2016/03/30

Over the years that we've used Acctivate it has always provided exceptional inventory management and control. From purchasing through receiving, sales and shipping, we've been able to easily fit our business processes to Acctivate. Plus as out business has changed over the years, Acctivate has been flexible enough to accommodate our ever evolving needs .

Traditionally we have been a value-added distributor of packaging products. Now we are adding US based manufacturing capabilities and find that Acctivate easily supports our requirements for bill-of-materials and build processes.

I would be remiss,however, if I did not mention the outstanding capabilities to track and manage all types of business activities within the software. While the operational portion of the software is the bread and butter of the business, the real return is found in the business activity management capability.

We plan to continue using Acctivate for the foreseeable future. Our thanks to the entire Alterity team - sales, support, development and administration.

Gary

Over all a very solid application. We experience a couple hiccups once in a while but very...

Reviewed on 2016/03/30

Customer service is very responsive when we need them. Technical problems are rare and sometimes are solved merely by rebooting our SQL server (so it could be something on our end). I love being able to query the database into Excel since I find it easier to write code in VBA than to work in Crystal reports (since I have 40 years of experience writing BASIC code). Plus, Excel makes it very easy to slice and dice the data in many ways without having to re-run the query. We sometimes have an issue after syncing with Quick Books that causes journal entries to be duplicated which then need to be deleted from QB and re-run the sync - that fixes it every time. System can run slow sometimes, but again, it's probably an issue that we have created with 16 active users and data that has never been compressed and archived. We have detail data that goes back to 2005 so calling up a large customer or a very popular product that has a lot of sales order history can be slow at times.

Alison

Acctivate

Reviewed on 2019/08/06

Pros

Support team is great! Always willing to help solve any issues!

Cons

There is a learning curve but once you get going it is easier

Heather
  • Industry: Wholesale

Acctivate

Reviewed on 2018/08/22

We have definitely solved our inventory issues. Very, very pleased with the program overall

Pros

I love the sales orders, PO's and quotes. My inventory is finally understandable and notifies me when I need to re-order

Cons

It took me about a full month to fully understand the process.

Response from Acctivate

Heather, thank you for sharing your feedback. We are happy to hear about the improvements your business has gained. - Erica

Brianna

It's not the most user friendly

Reviewed on 2016/03/24

I enjoy the fact that we can create all of the product details we need recorded into our system. I also can appreciate the webinars that Acctivate provides for us in keeping us updated.

I struggle with how user friendly it is, and we are currently dealing with a lot of stock sync issues on our web portal. We have been informed that the products will only update if they have activity on them, so some products don't even get updated for years. This has caused us to do a lot of manual stock syncing that creates stress on our end, and our customer's end. We would like to see a stock update on each product multiple times a day.

Justin June
  • Used for 6-12 months

No need papers!

Reviewed on 2019/04/05

Pros

I noticed this software is awesome in keeping records, also in inventory management and keep any transaction that will help you and the company. I like it so much.

Cons

It tends to crash if you are not updated in new version.

Dianna

Does what you need ...

Reviewed on 2016/03/31

My ideal answer would have been middle of the road. For the cost of inventory software Acctivate does what you need it to, but not always easily. Each additional module cost another $1000 to $1500+. It is fair cumbersome to get the right report at first until you learn Crystal Reports filtering and you can't modify or personalize reports with out purchasing Crystal Reports. Import Export options can be clunky it is all a learning curve. Syncs fairly well with Quickbooks, fairly easy to learn.

George

great product!

Reviewed on 2016/04/05

Acctivate is a great product that makes our business run pretty smooth. Great customer service as far as tech support goes, but one thing i wish you guys did better was product training, i haven't really had the best experiences with the third party consultants that do the t raining, they charge way to much for not much valuable info. I got more info off your help site, but it's much easier to be trained by someone that knows what they're doing. Other than that, it's pretty good overall!

Lisa

Customer Services is outstanding

Reviewed on 2016/04/05

When working with so many software vendors; you dread picking up the phone or sending that email because you know you will get the run around no matter how thorough you are with your description. Not with Acctivate support! They have worked with us as the business model changed for our client. Support staff have been professional and helpful throughout our relationship! They are here to support us in the beginning and 3 years later!

Matthew

Moving in the right direction

Reviewed on 2016/03/30

We've had some new bugs and changes we did not like in version 10, but overall it was an improvement on an already excellent product. Specifically, changes to the display of Totals on Sales Orders and some trouble with changes to Invoicing w/credit cards have cause some headaches. Other bugs we have seen are so far non-reproducible.

The new UI overhaul, consolidation of some tabs, etc are all great changes

Michelle

Acctivate review from a consultants view.

Reviewed on 2016/05/02

Pros

The software flexibility is the best thing about this product. If you work with someone who really knows this product then they can can help you with a solution that will help your business achieve the best results. The software is the best on the market that will allow you to remain in QuickBooks. Additionally, the fact that it leverages SQL and Crystal Reports makes it a truly good value.

Cons

I would like the ability to customize screens and I wish that it had API's for other connections.

Lisa

Inventory and POS software

Pros are it does well with POS and Inventory data
Cons the reports are difficult to change to get...

Pros are it does well with POS and Inventory data
Cons the reports are difficult to change to get the data we need specifically. I like speaking to a person to communicate an issue/problem to get it solved immediately. (Acctivate sends emails or auto responses) Time is money to us. You cannot split payments at POS, (If someone pays with cash and Credit Card)