4,7
4,8
Andy G.

Great product

Reviewed on 2020/12/07

Very positive experience. It has streamlined our board and committee preparation considerably.

Pros

Does everything I need it to; integration with Zoom; unlimited storage; ease of providing documents to board members and all committees; good looking/ease of use; responsive staff at OnBoard;

Cons

An initial learning curve for users, especially older ones; some work to do integrating storage in OnBoard with our existing document storage procedures

Aaron B.

(Almost) Perfect App for Boards and Committees

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2019/11/20

We have been able to upload all of our board and committee documentation in one place. This makes it exceptionally easy to update and share with anyone who has access. We no longer have to print out hundreds of pages for meetings or the Board Orientation Manual.

Using OnBoard has allowed us to navigate through our meetings much more fluidly. The more we've used it, the easier it is to leverage.

Pros

Plenty of room for expansion should the need arise. Extremely feature-filled. Easy but secure log-on (multi-factor identification). Passageways customer satisfaction team seems responsive to our suggestions and needs and incorporates/updates with some frequency.

Cons

Not the most intuitive in the world to navigate but has improved over time. Wish the screen re-sizing options were somehow less clumsy/clunky. Printing documents or agendas still requires multiple steps.

Response from Passageways

Thank you for taking the time to review OnBoard! We will take almost perfect, so thank you. We are always trying to innovate and push things to the next level for you. Otherwise, we are glad that you are happy.

William B.
Industry: Utilities

Flexibility of uploads

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2020/07/10

I have been impressed with OnBoard since our executive secretary brought us the product to test. I had hoped for something that was user friendly, more flexible for the various report files we upload, and lower cost than our past product. All of these were checked off the list.

Pros

In our last board product, it was necessary to convert the files all to .pdf format prior to upload. Upon converting to OnBoard we found the ability to upload various file formats a big time saver for the team putting together all of the reports. And from my own standpoint the ability for board members to share their annotations with me prior to the board meeting is another big time saver during the meeting.

Cons

I still find there are features I didnt know existed, or I havent been using, so I dont believe I know enough about the software to say that I dislike anything. The software works well and is easy to move from one report to the other.

Erin L.
Industry: Financial Services

An easy-to-use resource for users and admins

Reviewed on 2020/06/03

Overall, my experience with OnBoard has been very positive. The word easy covers all the bases. Easy to set up. Easy to administrate. Easy to use. It doesn't get better than that in my opinion. I need something that doesn't require a lot of time and effort. I have a full schedule and OnBoard saves me time.

Pros

OnBoard is extremely user friendly for both me as the administrator and my volunteers. I was able to jump right in to create our Board portal with little guidance or training. I love that I can create a relevant homepage for our directors with no clutter. Housing documents is simple and neat and easy to navigate.

Cons

The only downside to the software is that the privilege to download documents has to be given and it's a one or none deal. Being able to allow our volunteers to download some documents such as travel forms and expense reports, but not confidential policies or reports, would be a dream. It would really cut down on the number of emails to and from people.

Tracy G.
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Great Board Portal

Reviewed on 2020/12/07

My overall experience has been very favorable.

Pros

Easy to use both from an administrator standpoint and user. Great customer service.

Cons

Some changes in the recent upgrade have made me unhappy. The teams' responsiveness to my concerns has been quick and genuine.

Cheryl C.
Industry: Insurance
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Happy OnBoard User

Reviewed on 2020/10/09

It has been fantastic. The portal is easy to use and we are implementing more uses for it as we move forward into the digital workspace.

Pros

The ease of use for the Board Members. I was looking for a platform that was more intuitive then what we had.

Cons

I haven't really found anything yet which doesnt work for us.

Danielle D.
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

OnBoard supports Shared Governance

Reviewed on 2020/06/03

We have appreciate the support and ease of use. Since our move to working remotely our users have more readily appreciated OnBoard and how it keeps us organized. In higher education, our committees are the way we have shared governance with our faculty and stakeholders, so making those committees function efficiently is essential. OnBoard has helped us do that. We appreciate OnBoard's staff for the support and willingness to add features as needed.

Pros

OnBoard allows us to keep our many committees organized. Our organization can see who serves on each committee and members can access materials quickly. Our agendas are often very large with lots of attachments. OnBoard keeps us organized and on the same page with members being able to navigate through the large agenda and make notes. We can keep track our our action items by voting online and seeing how we are moving our organization forward.

Cons

Would love to have a way for limited proxy voting where a selected Admin could vote for a member who joins by phone and may not have easy access to vote. It might be nice to have subgroups within a committee, but the logistics of this would take some work to build.

Pearl R.

ALL 5 Stars

Reviewed on 2020/03/17

My overall experience was and still IS amazing! The team is so responsive, my sales rep [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is amazing as well. He is not the guy that makes the sale and ignores you. He has kept in touch with me throughout the transition and is always responsive when I need him, if ever.

Pros

I love that the software is super user friendly. We used a different portal previous to this one and even my board had no trouble transitioning.

Cons

The only thing I would say is a little annoying is the wait for the book to be built. Once you have all the docs in the binder it has to build the book, which is understandable but I wish it was just a half a minute faster.

Mandy C.
Industry: Financial Services

Great product if you take advantage of it

Reviewed on 2019/11/20

It's been a great experience overall. I am steadily trying to encourage the use of the this platform with the associates because there are so many options that we are not utilizing (i.e. approvals, surveys, etc.)

Pros

Having everything in one place, available to whomever you need. It's easily accessible and has just enough security parameters. I love the 'download book' feature, as a lot of the time, I keep the books for my own records and to distribute via email, if needed.

Cons

A pain point of mine, which may just be my internet connection, is that sometimes when I load a document in, it'll say 'file upload complete' but then when I open the heading, it's not there. I have to log out/back in in order for me to see if come up. Also, I've already submitted this to your team, but I would like to ability to select multiple attachments to be able to move them under a different section.

Response from Passageways

Thank you for taking the time to review OnBoard! I'm so glad it's been a real time-saver for you and that you are finding it easy to use. Otherwise, that may be a bug on our end, but I will check with Product. If you run into it again, please let your Customer Success Manager know.

Eva P.
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

OnBoard, a great Board tool

Reviewed on 2020/01/22

Our experience has been very good and our Board has been very pleased with how easily they can access OnBoard and view their monthly Board packets both at home and during the Board meetings.

Pros

ease with which the Board can view and make notations on their monthly Board packet.

Cons

There are some compatibility issues with older versions of documents we place on the site and occasionally our users have issues viewing documents placed in the Resources folder.

Kim C.
Industry: Banking

Super excited about OnBoard!

Reviewed on 2018/08/23

Our overall experience has been fantastic! We are fortunate to have their executive on our side; they are wonderful at explaining our options and finding solutions to our specific needs. I personally create the Board packets, and my time has freed up significantly with OnBoard. It's just so easy to use! I'm very excited to see how our OnBoard platform evolves and makes our lives even more efficient than it already has.

Pros

This software allows us to provide a much needed one-stop-shop for our Board and Supervisory Committee members. Since OnBoard can be put on any device, our Board is able to securely review the packets well in advance of the meeting, which has really shortened our meetings and eliminated printing large packets. We also love that the Board has all of the resources they need in one location and that they can even sign the minutes and other documents right within OnBoard. More to come!

Cons

What I like least about the program is that we have not fully utilized the features yet... but that's on us! Looking forward to the day when our OnBoard is being fully utilized (although Passageways is constantly coming up with new solutions, so this day may never come - absolutely not a complaint).

Response from Passageways

Thank you so much for your review! I'm glad to hear that the "any device, anytime" features are helpful to your credit union and that we can be your one-stop-shop. If you need anything or additional training for your team, let us know.

Alison E.

OnBoard Board Portal

Reviewed on 2020/03/03

Our overall experience has been great. The team is always quick to respond with questions and help us with tips and tricks to most efficiently and effectively use the product. The meetings are easy to build and edit and secure. Exactly what we were looking for!

Pros

I love that you can drag files from your computer right into the board report. I also really liked that you can upload many different kinds of files. Other programs had to be PDF's, creating the need to print every file to a PDF and duplicating much of the work.

Cons

After a recent update the agenda composition isn't as easy as it used to be. You used to be able to delete rows right within each row. Now you have to select the row and click the delete button up top. We have also ran into some loading issues when our board packets get too big. We have been able to break up the packets into different meetings but it would be nice if we could have each packet in one meeting.

Felix L.
Industry: Banking

OnBoard is a great board meeting sofware, easy to implement and use

Reviewed on 2019/03/25

great experience

Pros

1. We use the tab "Actions" for approval of time-sensitive items in between Board meetings.
2. we use the tab "Resources" as a library to retain all important documents we want the Board to access easily at their convenience.
3. The convenience of uploading board meeting packages with easy access for directors at any time from anywhere (phone, tablets, laptops, etc...)
4. use of annotations features on documents.

Cons

No meaningful things i don't like. Maybe the user interface on the homepage can be more attractive.

Response from Passageways

Thank so much for taking the time to review OnBoard! It's always great to hear about customers making such great use of the Resources section and how easy it is to use. If you have any questions, please let us know.

Kathryn E.

Excellent value

Reviewed on 2019/02/20

The tool has greatly streamlined our board meeting preparation. We use AGB OnBoard as a meeting tool, a materials repository, an orientation resource, a communication tool, and as an organizational hub.

Pros

AGB OnBoard is a functional tool that is priced right. The customer service and responsiveness is top-notch and the integration of AGB's resources add tremendous value for our board of trustees.

Cons

We wish we could edit materials right in the platform. The need to download and upload each time is cumbersome. We also wish that there were static links to posted resources.

Response from Passageways

Thank so much for taking the time to review OnBoard! We are so glad that the partnership with AGB is helping your institution. For the additional suggestions, please be sure to submit those to your Customer Success Manager.

Elizabeth G.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Features are limited, but overall good product

Reviewed on 2020/01/22

Pros

Everything is centralized in one place - calendar, announcements, board materials, etc.

Cons

I don't like that members cannot be invited to meetings through the software. For example, if I post a committee meeting and add the members that need to attend, OnBoard sends out a notification via email to the members that the meeting has been updated. This creates confusion because the members don't receive an invitation - just a notification that a meeting that may or not know about has been changed. I wish there was an option to invite members that would allow them to RSVP and add it to their calendars. When I called customer support, they told me that OnBoard is not set up to send invites and that I should use Outlook calendar. If OnBoard is to be our one-stop shop for all things board related, I should be able to do everything from it. The only way, currently, that members know about meetings is if they log on to OnBoard and look for themselves. Because of this, we are still having to invite them through Outlook and OnBoard is becoming an extra step for them to take to RSVP - they are busy people and don't see the purpose. It's essentially becoming obselete and not what we hoped it would be for us.

Likelihood to recommend: 3.0/10

Barbara C.

OnBoard for Credit Unions

Reviewed on 2020/02/26

OnBoard simplifies our formerly cumbersome monthly Board meeting preparation and execution.

Pros

OnBoard works really well for our monthly Board of Director and Committee meetings, as well as weekly Executive Team meetings. The best feature is the ability to copy meeting agendas and quickly prepare a new agenda.

Cons

There are occasionally errors when I upload documents, however the problem does not occur often.

Christy D.

Such a Time-Saver!

Reviewed on 2020/06/25

It is a HUGE time-saver!!! That is definitely the best thing about it for me. When all you need to do is copy and then drag and drop files, it goes so fast. I would not want to do my job without OnBoard!

Pros

OnBoard has been so easy to navigate and learn how to use. We have the same meetings each month and I especially love that I can just copy a previous meeting and it will automatically have all of the attendees' roles assigned and all of the same sections bulleted out. It saves me a lot of time putting material together. When I have to make last minute changes, all I have to do is drag and drop the material in and it shows up right away for everyone. I also love the Resources tab. Now I have a place to put documents that aren't necessarily for a particular meeting, but that people may need to refer to at different times and they know right where to find them.

Cons

I honestly don't have anything that I don't like. The video tutorials are so helpful. If there is a feature I haven't used yet, I go there first and feel comfortable using it right away. I have not needed to reach out to any other support because the videos are so thorough.

Catherine P.

OnBoard Review

Reviewed on 2020/08/25

My experience over the past year has been great. My OnBoard representative responds quickly to questions, the help desk responds quickly if there is an IT issue, and the program itself has everything I need to create successful meetings.

Pros

OnBoard has many functions and tools that are useful and time efficient when creating meetings, creating board materials within the meetings, and so easy for the end user to navigate and use. I especially love that OnBoard partnered with Zoom so I can create virtual meetings that allows everyone to participate either by phone, virtual zoom and combo of the two.

Cons

I wish a calendar hold option would automatically pop in/populate for my board members instead of them having to rsvp first to autogenerate a calendar hold. The current way isn't bad, but not easily found/figured out either. I spend too much time explaining to members how to get a calendar hold for their meetings.

Ada P.
Industry: Education Management
Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Try OnBoard

Reviewed on 2020/06/24

Excellent. Their customer service is about the best I've seen, and they are continually making improvements to the platform.

Pros

Updating meeting schedules, content and board books has become so much easier. It also centralizes announcements, allows board members to vote between meetings on consent agendas, resolutions, other action items, and take surveys.

Cons

The survey feature does not allow for as much customization as other tools (can't we integrate a calendar feature or customize drop down menus, please?) We also had trouble uploading our data because of a large international contingency, but OnBoard customer service is excellent.

Trisha S.
Industry: Financial Services

OnBoard is the answer to efficiency

Reviewed on 2020/10/02

I think OnBoard is great. It has helped me to be more efficient when it comes to getting our meeting packet to our board members each month. I can assign other individuals in the bank to upload their documents into the book, I don't have to upload everything. I can notify everyone with one click that the agenda/book is available for review. All the board members have one secure location to access the board packet; rather than sifting through tons of emails to find the one I sent to them.

Pros

The ease of use. I love that I can just drag and drop my documents into OnBoard. I don't have to browse for them. I love that I can keep adding documents to the book right up until the start of the meeting. It is very easy for my non-technical staff to use. The support staff at OnBoard is excellent. Everyone has been very helpful and very timely. Every time I've had a question, I had the answer easily within 30 min of emailing them.

Cons

The voting is a very nice feature. It is just a little cumbersome for my board to use. It takes them to a different screen to vote, then they have difficulty getting back to the book. When we have multiple agenda items to vote on, they also get a little confused as to which view approval to click. If that could be reworded to say vote for approval of "name of approval item". We usually have about 10 different items to vote on during each board meeting.

Another feature I would like to see is maybe an option to have minutes created after the meeting with who approved, denied or abstained from the voting in each item.

Julia S.

OnBoard by Passageways

Reviewed on 2019/04/17

Pros

- It's very intuitive for both users and administrators
- Everything is automatically saved
- Being able to notify users when a package is posted
- Using the online voting tool between meetings
- Great customer support!

Cons

- high frequency of emails when documents are posted to the resource library
- inability of one of our board members to access OnBoard using his screen reader (we're working on it though!)
- would like to be able to set up virtual meetings

Response from Passageways

Thank you so much for the review! We are thrilled to hear that those features are so helpful. Your Customer Success Manager should be able to help with the challenges you are having.

Kyla E.

Best Board Portal Software Available

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2020/04/14

OnBoard has been great. The care team helped through every step of the process, from implementation to continued and ongoing support. They are very responsive to feature requests and are constantly working to improve the platform and add useful features. It has evolved a lot (for the better) even since our implementation just under a year ago.

Pros

OnBoard is a "one stop shop" for all matters related to Board business and Board Meetings. It can host not only meeting information, but policy manuals, communications, eSignatures, and more. It has streamlined more than just our meetings.

Cons

Export formatting/customization could be better, but the fact that the software is able to export data is very useful. I have to reformat agenda exports quite a bit to fit our standard, but at least I'm not starting from scratch. The export function is still very useful.

Kathy C.

OnBoard Review from Ronald McDonald House Charities of Rochester, NY

Reviewed on 2020/01/27

OnBoard support has been great. Savings to the organization because all meetings are paperless since using OnBoard.

Pros

All the documentation is in a central location with the ability to share with Board and Committee members. User friendly.

Cons

Inability to search for members availability for setting up meetings. Not a live broadcast, still need to use a conference call feature.

Patsy J.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Paper Saver & Easy to Use

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2020/07/10

I haven't encountered any issues with OnBoard and my experience has been positive. The only issue, and it isn't really a big issue, is the Zoom integration feature doesn't work well for us because it doesn't permit use of all the typical Zoom tools. We implemented a workaround for this reason.

Pros

It's easy to use and streamlines our board and committee meeting process. It's easy to make last minute changes and easily disseminate information to everyone on the board or committee.

Cons

The price continues to increase, but at this point the software is still worth the cost.

Andrea L.
Industry: Education Management

Excellent and Easy To Use Product

Reviewed on 2019/11/08

I work with a board of 25 persons and they have varying degrees of knowledge. All are able to use and view the program easily. Great program and value. I did all the research in looking for a board portal and was pleased with this from the beginning. All can use their own devices with no problems.

Pros

The ease of use in the product cannot be beat. It is also very forgiving and error proof.

Cons

I would like to see the ability to personalize it a bit more to make it more my own, color, font and such

Response from Passageways

Thank you for taking the time to review OnBoard! I'm glad you are finding it so easy to use and that the board has done well to adopt it. Otherwise, I can understand the wish for more personalization, and I can definitely pass along that suggestion to our Product team.