OnBoard Reviews

4.8/5 (104 reviews)
Ashley V.

OnBoard Board Portal

Reviewed on 2019/05/06

We are extremely happy with our decision to use OnBoard! We've been very pleased with our CSMs. Recently we rolled out OnBoard to 2 boards and the rep conducted 3 training sessions for our board members with very short notice. It's been great working with her! When reaching out to her, she's been very quick to respond or forward my email on to tech support.

Pros

Easy to learn both from an Admin and end user! Security measures of OnBoard! Great support team truly makes this tool excel above others!

Cons

While building an agenda, sometimes it takes a long time to save edits. This can be frustrating and has resulted in having to re-type edits as they did not save properly. Currently email attachments aren't able to be uploaded to OnBoard without saving the document. Unable to program default admins to all new items vs. currently only individual/creator is default admin. As the owner of the OnBoard tool, I have to rely on others to assign permissions and ensuring human error doesn't happen. It's difficult to assist board admins or board users without access. It would be great to have a Super/Master Admin role which will automatically be assigned with Admin rights.

Response from Passageways

Thanks so much for the review! We are thrilled to hear about the shout out for the Customer Success and Support teams. I will be sure to pass along your regards. Please continue to work with your CSM to discuss any challenges you are having, so we can quickly address those for you.

Diane P.

Electronic Meetings

Reviewed on 2019/07/01

Pros

1. Allows for my providers to access and review materials prior to meetings
2. Allows the facilitator to project meeting materials via Apple TV and other AV
3. Easy to use

Cons

OnBoard works very well for our needs. No cons.

Response from Passageways

Thank you for your review! We are very happy to hear that you have no cons for our software. Ease of use is always top of mind and will continue to be. If you need anything, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Lisa A.

From day one, the attention I have received from the team has been second to none!

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/07/20

Please see my review comments

Pros

There are numerous things I like about this software! I appreciate how easy the software is to use. It has saved me hours of compiling paper documents for a board book. I can upload information as it comes to me in multiple file formats, and can reorganize the documents within the book effortlessly. When I first started using OnBoard, there were a few features that I had on my "wish list" (I wish it could do "x")--and the developers are so on top of things that I have seen many of my wishes come true as implemented features. They continually refresh the software to make it easier--not add extra steps like you can find with other software. And most of all, I value the immediate attention and service I receive from the team. They always pick up my call, and have an answer or solution ready.

Cons

There's a few minor things that could be tweaked, but overall it's an easy, clear and efficient system that has saved hundreds of hours and resource time and reduced the risk of mailing board books to members that live outside of our immediate area.

Response from Passageways

Thank so much for taking the time to review OnBoard Board Management Software! We are thrilled that this is a big time-saver for you, and I have passed along your compliments to the Support and Customer Success teams.

Sean C.

Simple and Effective Board Managment

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/06/06

OnBoard has completely revolutionised the way we organise and hold board meetings. Due to the nature of our organisation, our trustees and board sub-committees hold a large number of meetings throughout the year. In the past, this caused a huge amount of overhead for our Company Secretary and EA's who organise the meetings, put together board packs, etc.

OnBoard provides us with an easy to use platform for our admins to organise these meetings, create board packs, hold votes/approvals, and obtain signatures when necessary. What would previous take days our hours, now takes minutes.

Pros

Overall, the simplicity of OnBoard is it's strongest feature. With minimal training, our admins were able to quickly begin creating meetings and board packs. Simply put, OnBoard is a highly effective system that does exactly what we need it to do, without a mass of unnecessary features.

It's also worth commenting on the strength of Passageways customer support. Our account manager worked very closely with us through every step of the implementation process, helping us with the initial setup of the system as well as training for our admins. Passageways also setup a number of training sessions for our Trustees, ensuring they were completely comfortable using the platform before go-live, which has lead to a high level of user adoption.

Cons

There is very little to dislike, however the left to right menu layout may be slightly confusing to some users who may be more familiar with a traditional top-down/webpage layout.

Response from Passageways

Thank so much for taking the time to review OnBoard Board Management Software! We really try to make ease of use our top priority when incorporating updates into our software. Our Customer Success Team was thrilled by the huge compliment as well.

Stephanie C.

Hidden Gem

Reviewed on 2019/01/28

The training and support staff are top-notch. I work with a very experienced board and several have commented that it is one of the better portals they have encountered. I always get a REAL PERSON within a few seconds of calling their support line and they have ALWAYS been able to answer my questions. They take feature requests seriously. I highly recommend them for any board looking to have a better environment for communication and collaboration.

Pros

I researched more than 15 portals before deciding to go with OnBoard. The price and ease of use made the decision very easy for us. It is a clean and intuitive interface with lots of power behind the scenes.

Cons

There are some features like alphabetizing by Last Name or First Name that change depending on which page you are on in the portal which adds some confusion. I'd like the Dashboard design to allow for more more customization.

Response from Passageways

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review! Ease of use will always be a top priority for us when making updates. We definitely appreciate the suggestion, and I will pass that along to our Product team. If you need anything, please don't hesitate to contact your Customer Success Manager.

Carla G.

Lund Loves OnBoard!

Reviewed on 2019/06/13

Prior to OnBoard, our board was exhausted and overwhelmed by the amount of paperwork they were receiving in their board packets. The board packets were averaging around 75-100 pages, and when you have 20 board members, they would take hours to print. It was a big waste of time and expenses. Creation of the board packet was an entirely separate time-sucker, as the Table of Contents had to constantly be adjusted. Since the portal, not only have the board appreciated the lack of paper and the convenience of being able to click to what they need, but we have saved hundreds in staff pay (and frustration!) of creating manual board packets!

Pros

OnBoard's Resource option has proven to be so valuable for our agency. We do not have an intranet or any one central location that board and staff can communicate and share documents, and the documents are constantly being updated. The Resource library has been great to keep the most updated documents all in one place.
The customer service is impeccable!! Their team is very helpful, receptive, and very competent. The rep has been great to work with.

Cons

There's not much negative to say about OnBoard. It is reasonably priced and though they have been making many updates lately, it is because they are listening to their customer's needs.

Response from Passageways

Thanks for your glowing review! Using the Resource Library can be such a huge asset, and I'm glad to hear how much it's helped. I will be sure to send your compliments to the Support and Customer Success teams.

Sandy R.

Easy and Economical

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2019/06/13

One of the biggest benefits of OnBoard is the ability to make last minute changes to documents and re-load to the portal and knowing our board has the most current version of a document.

Pros

The board portal was easy to launch to our end-users who have varying degrees of computer aptitude. As the administrator I find building the agenda and uploading documents to be straight forward and quick. We love the ability to make last minute changes to our documents and upload to the portal without worrying about re-printing an actual paper board book. OnBoard gives our company ease of mind of keeping our documents secure by not having a paper board book in circulation. We also like the fact that OnBoard is an economical solution for distributing our board documents to the board in a fast and secure method.

Cons

Some of their documentation could be written better. I find it sometimes difficult to search the administrator guide for answers. However, they do have wonderful online tutorials as well as a Q&A section where I find the answers. If I still can't find what I'm looking for, then I contact their technical support group.

Response from Passageways

Thank you so mThank so much for taking the time to review OnBoard Board Management Software! Ease of use and security are always top of mind when incorporating new features, and we try to make sure that it does what it needs to for you. We appreciate the feedback on the manual as well.uch for your review!

Kim C.

Super excited about OnBoard!

Reviewed on 2018/08/23

Our overall experience has been fantastic! We are fortunate to have their executive on our side; they are wonderful at explaining our options and finding solutions to our specific needs. I personally create the Board packets, and my time has freed up significantly with OnBoard. It's just so easy to use! I'm very excited to see how our OnBoard platform evolves and makes our lives even more efficient than it already has.

Pros

This software allows us to provide a much needed one-stop-shop for our Board and Supervisory Committee members. Since OnBoard can be put on any device, our Board is able to securely review the packets well in advance of the meeting, which has really shortened our meetings and eliminated printing large packets. We also love that the Board has all of the resources they need in one location and that they can even sign the minutes and other documents right within OnBoard. More to come!

Cons

What I like least about the program is that we have not fully utilized the features yet... but that's on us! Looking forward to the day when our OnBoard is being fully utilized (although Passageways is constantly coming up with new solutions, so this day may never come - absolutely not a complaint).

Response from Passageways

Thank you so much for your review! I'm glad to hear that the "any device, anytime" features are helpful to your credit union and that we can be your one-stop-shop. If you need anything or additional training for your team, let us know.

Kathy F.

Five Year User of OnBoard

Reviewed on 2019/03/19

Prior to using OnBoard, I was printing, collating, tabbing and binding fifteen Board Packages per month. This program has helped reduce the amount of paper being used and has significantly reduced the amount of time it takes to prepare/build the Board Package.

We also use OnBoard for various committee meetings and management team meetings. We currently have 25 users.

Pros

Software is very user friendly. When first utilizing this program, I was able to set up all users and start building agendas and uploading files with very little assistance from customer support.

Cons

At this time, I do not have anything that I dislike about this package.

A few of our older Board members are not necessarily fond of using a mobile device (iPad) to following along in meetings. For those members, I do still print a package when needed.

Response from Passageways

Thank so much for taking the time to review OnBoard Board Management Software! Ease of use and administrator features are always top of mind when incorporating new features. If any of your board members would like personalized training, please let us know how we can assist.

Felix L.

OnBoard is a great board meeting sofware, easy to implement and use

Reviewed on 2019/03/25

great experience

Pros

1. We use the tab "Actions" for approval of time-sensitive items in between Board meetings.
2. we use the tab "Resources" as a library to retain all important documents we want the Board to access easily at their convenience.
3. The convenience of uploading board meeting packages with easy access for directors at any time from anywhere (phone, tablets, laptops, etc...)
4. use of annotations features on documents.

Cons

No meaningful things i don't like. Maybe the user interface on the homepage can be more attractive.

Response from Passageways

Thank so much for taking the time to review OnBoard! It's always great to hear about customers making such great use of the Resources section and how easy it is to use. If you have any questions, please let us know.

Kathryn E.

Excellent value

Reviewed on 2019/02/20

The tool has greatly streamlined our board meeting preparation. We use AGB OnBoard as a meeting tool, a materials repository, an orientation resource, a communication tool, and as an organizational hub.

Pros

AGB OnBoard is a functional tool that is priced right. The customer service and responsiveness is top-notch and the integration of AGB's resources add tremendous value for our board of trustees.

Cons

We wish we could edit materials right in the platform. The need to download and upload each time is cumbersome. We also wish that there were static links to posted resources.

Response from Passageways

Thank so much for taking the time to review OnBoard! We are so glad that the partnership with AGB is helping your institution. For the additional suggestions, please be sure to submit those to your Customer Success Manager.

Curtis C.

Easy to Use

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/07/19

On-Board helps keep meetings flowing. It keeps us on task. It keeps our information in order and consistent. Better meeting flow leads to quicker (more productive) meetings which then leads to more time to do the things you have to do - probably tasks from the meeting. I can't imagine going back to the emailed agenda and 20 attached documents again. One place, one order and no printing...

Pros

I am on several committees that use this to organize our meetings. I really like the book feature. Having all of the agenda items in one place and in order for everyone helps the flow of the meeting. Everyone has the some information. Before - we would email attachments to everyone in the meeting. We would then email updated versions because something changed. Then in the meeting, we would have to describe which attachment you are on. Most would print out the attachments. Now that we are all viewing the same docs in the same order, meetings are more efficient and fewer docs need printed.

Cons

I would like a view that would allow me to view JUST the book - a popout of the existing window. A single sign-on feature would be nice as well. Could a link be created on the Portal to automatically launch and sign your user into On-Board?

Response from Passageways

Thank you so much for the review and suggestions! I am happy to say that single sign-on has been implemented. As for the other suggestions, I have sent those to our Product team. If you need anything, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Michael C.

Intuitive, reliable, & slick interface!

Reviewed on 2018/10/10

Rollout was smooth. Passageways Support was there to assist thought the process. Anytime we have an issue, which is not often, support is quick to respond and resolve.

Pros

The absolutely critical thing about OnBoard that my organization liked the most was that it was very easy to use. The board and committee members needed a solution that required little to no training. Onboard fulfilled that need.

Cons

I really can’t think of anything currently bad about OnBoard. At one time, we had an issue with annotations saving reliably, but support worked very hard to get to the source of the issue and fixed it permentanylny. Everything works perfectly now. Our users are quite happy with OnBoard.

Response from Passageways

Thank you so much for the review! We really try to make ease of use our top priority when incorporating updates into our software. I will definitely pass along the huge compliment to our Support team as well.

Mallorie D.

I am On Board for OnBoard!

Reviewed on 2019/04/10

Customer service has been great and is always ready to help.

Pros

I love that I can designate permissions for specific agenda items, not just the entire packet. Additionally, the fact that it is web-based and I can make changes anywhere at any time allows me far greater flexibility than my previous digital certificate based portal.

Cons

Sometimes it can take 2-3 minutes to "Build" the packet when you add one additional document.

Response from Passageways

Thank you so much for the review! When the board packet "builds", it completely refreshes and rebuilds everything, so that's why it may take longer. Hope this clears things up, and I'll be sure to pass the compliment along to the Support team.

Julia S.

OnBoard by Passageways

Reviewed on 2019/04/17

Pros

- It's very intuitive for both users and administrators
- Everything is automatically saved
- Being able to notify users when a package is posted
- Using the online voting tool between meetings
- Great customer support!

Cons

- high frequency of emails when documents are posted to the resource library
- inability of one of our board members to access OnBoard using his screen reader (we're working on it though!)
- would like to be able to set up virtual meetings

Response from Passageways

Thank you so much for the review! We are thrilled to hear that those features are so helpful. Your Customer Success Manager should be able to help with the challenges you are having.

Jan R.

Great Board Software

Reviewed on 2019/07/11

We have been able to expand the use of the software to support management meetings in addition to the board meeting and the single point of an organized method of archiving docs and decisions is enormously helpful to our operation!

Pros

The ease of access by both the Admin and the board members is probably at the top of the list of great attributes of the OnBoard portal!

Cons

At the moment I really cannot think of anything. There was only one issue which frustrated me when I started using the software and I share it with the Passageway team and they created the change which supported my need!

Response from Passageways

Thank you so much for the review! Ease of use has always been at the top of our priority list. I'm so glad to hear that Support has helped fix your issue.

Deb M.

Secure, Intuitive and Fully Supported | OnBoard

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2019/05/17

Our company has been in the hard-copy world for quite some time. The folks at OnBoard have been so supportive to ensure our directors and administrators have all the learnings and tools needed to fulfill our goals. We have over ten (10) entities set up on OnBoard ~ clear organization, securely managed and accessible on multiple devices; yes, options for everyone.

Pros

So many accolades to share; I'm thankful for this product. It meets all our company security protocols, is intuitive and saves an enormous amount of time for administrators and board members to utilize OnBoard - before, during and post-meetings.

Cons

When there are changes or updates made, I am challenged to become familiar with them. I first noticed that I simply couldn't import an agenda I created in Word, but note that some updates have been made which may address this. Also, at one point I was required to sign in multiple times, as it kept signing me out; I believe that has been address now, too.

Response from Passageways

Thank you so much for the review! We really appreciate the kind words. I'm glad to that Support and Customer Success has helped you through some of the challenges you were experiencing.

Hannahlu W.

Teaching old dogs new tricks

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2019/03/08

The time and dollars saved in printing has been amazing! The support from Passageways has been unfailing. I know they have many customers in the financial arena, but they have done a good job of translating their experience to our needs in K-12 education.

Pros

After looking at a number of companies, we chose OnBoard because it seemed the easiest to introduce to our board members, most of whom had never used a portal, while also having relative ease of use on the back side for school administrators. This has proven to be true and in less than a full year, most board members are getting the hang of it. As administrators, there are still things to learn. Passageways is doing a good job of continuously improving and integrating customer suggestions. There are more robust (aka more costly) apps out there, but since our trustees are all local, this has met our needs nicely.

Cons

It is not always the most intuitive for administrators, but again, all are learning and most seem to be able to upload what they need for their committees. The primary complaint I have heard from board members is the multi-step process required for them to be able to print hard copies of any documents.

Response from Passageways

Thank you so much for the review! Being able to directly print from the software is a good suggestion, and I will pass that along to our product team. However, we are thrilled that things are going well. If you need any assistance, please let us know.

Nicole S.

Fully Engaged Board Members!

Reviewed on 2019/05/23

So far my overall experience with OnBoard has been great. It has benefited our Board meetings, and has made everyone more engaged.

Pros

What I personally love about this software is the ability to do everything electronically and no paper is needed! I also love the drag and drop feature when composing the agenda which makes things so much easier and faster. The board members are able to see everything in real time and there is no more waiting and having to have 100's of sheets of papers that will eventually just end up going in the trash. Board members are more engaged during the meetings and are able to annotate their notes right on the screen. I also like that I can see who will be attending or not attending in advance vs scrambling at the last minute sending out e-mails.

Cons

At this time, I don't have any negative feedback.

Response from Passageways

Thank you so much for the review, and we are thrilled that you aren't having any challenges at this time! Those insights you mentioned are critical to an engaged board.

Sharon K.

Love ONBOARD

Reviewed on 2018/10/12

Board Portal Security and the Security of sending out Business and Commercial loans for approval.

Pros

I love everthing about this product. The customer service provided from passageways is like non other I have ever experienced. The product is so user friendly and most of all the security it provides is amazing. I would highly recommend this product to any organization

Cons

I really don’t have an answer for this section. I love everything about it.

Response from Passageways

Thank you so much for the review, and I'm happy things are going well for you! Security and ease of use are always top of mind when releasing new features. I will be sure to pass along your regards to the Support team as well.

Jeryl H.

My experience with OnBoard Board Portal

Reviewed on 2019/03/18

I have been very pleased with the customer service - the follow-up time has been good. Our new CSM, rep, has been very enthusiastic about helping us, and he and we will be working together to find new features for our company to begin utilizing.

Pros

While I know our company has not used the software to its' full capacity, I like that it makes procedures easier. For instance, the calendar that I load our board packet to each month -this feature has taken hours away from what I used to spend doing this task.

Cons

I don't think I've used it enough to have a least favorite thing.

Response from Passageways

Thank you so much for the review! Hopefully the trend of not having any challenges continues, but if it does, please don't hesitate to reach out to us.

George H.

Super Simple but Powerful

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2017/07/17

Simple and powerful communications with our board of directors in a cost effective and efficient manner.

Pros

OnBoard enables simple and powerful communication between our staff and board of directors. The set up of the program was quick (up within a few hours), training was effective (felt like a pro within 48 hours) and support is prompt and complete. Quite simply OnBoard does not feel like a piece of software but a utility that extends the effective governance organization of our organization. Also, really enjoy the ability to view on multiple devices without any troubles.

Cons

I struggle to identify any specific changes that would make board communications better through OnBoard.

Response from Passageways

Thank you so much for the review, and we are thrilled to hear you aren't having any challenges! We really focus on those ease of use features in every update.

Sandy K.

Reviewed on 2019/02/22

Overall, very helpful and easy to use. Would recommend to anyone who is looking for an electronic portal.

Pros

Time saved rather than printing and putting binders together. Money saved, no paper or ink. Time saved getting the information to members electronically. Administrative side is easy to use with the drop and drag functions.

Cons

Its thinking capabilities in saving. I type faster than it can keep up. Need to wait at times for it to be ready to save before I can go to a new page.

Response from Passageways

Thank you so much for the review! We are glad this has become such a time-saver for you. If you have any suggestions, be sure to let your Customer Success Manager know.

Kyle W.

Timesaver

Reviewed on 2019/05/14

Pros

OnBoard saves me a ton of time by making it easy to build a Board meeting. It also shortens the Board meetings by allowing members to review minutes and policies ahead of time. We now focus more conversation on strategic plans versus explaining meeting minutes and policies.

Cons

The software auto-saves the meetings so frequently that it interrupts your workflow. It is a small irritation for the assurance that your work is saved.

Response from Passageways

Thank you so much for the review! We are glad this has become such a time-saver for you. Security is always top of mind when we are incorporating new features, but thank you for the notice.

Jodi M.

OnBoard Board Portal

Reviewed on 2019/03/26

OnBoard has made putting together meetings much easier, and we spend less on copies and postage. It is also a time saver.

Pros

The software allows us to organize our board packet and committee meeting packets in one place.
It is very easy to update one document if necessary, without having to reconfigure the entire packet

Cons

It would be nice to be able to create folder to keep the archived meetings in by year.

Response from Passageways

Thank you so much for the review! I'm thrilled that the ease of use is such a great feature for you. I think the Resources tab might help with your archival challenge, or you Customer Success Manager might have other ideas. Hope this helps!