OnBoard

Sean
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Simple and Effective Board Managment

Reviewed on 2019/06/06

OnBoard has completely revolutionised the way we organise and hold board meetings. Due to the nature of our organisation, our trustees and board sub-committees hold a large number of meetings throughout the year. In the past, this caused a huge amount of overhead for our Company Secretary and EA's who organise the meetings, put together board packs, etc.

OnBoard provides us with an easy to use platform for our admins to organise these meetings, create board packs, hold votes/approvals, and obtain signatures when necessary. What would previous take days our hours, now takes minutes.

Pros

Overall, the simplicity of OnBoard is it's strongest feature. With minimal training, our admins were able to quickly begin creating meetings and board packs. Simply put, OnBoard is a highly effective system that does exactly what we need it to do, without a mass of unnecessary features.

It's also worth commenting on the strength of Passageways customer support. Our account manager worked very closely with us through every step of the implementation process, helping us with the initial setup of the system as well as training for our admins. Passageways also setup a number of training sessions for our Trustees, ensuring they were completely comfortable using the platform before go-live, which has lead to a high level of user adoption.

Cons

There is very little to dislike, however the left to right menu layout may be slightly confusing to some users who may be more familiar with a traditional top-down/webpage layout.

Response from OnBoard

Thank so much for taking the time to review OnBoard Board Management Software! We really try to make ease of use our top priority when incorporating updates into our software. Our Customer Success Team was thrilled by the huge compliment as well.

Rebecca

Board Management made EASIER

Reviewed on 2019/12/26

A few years ago, we digitized our board experience. We picked a good "starter platform" and eased our board and committees into the practical application and efficiency of being able to access their meeting and organization files online. The platform was a bit clunky but miles and miles better than the printed board books we had been using prior.

Early 2019 we learned that our platform was going away and it was time to evaluate other offerings. I knew we wouldn't go back to the old way but I needed something that would meet our current needs and be flexible enough to allow us to grow into more features, find new efficiencies, measure engagement....and still come with a price tag that our Board would swallow.

OnBoard fits the bill. I LOVE the easy interface for our board and our staff. I LOVE how easy it was to set up and populate. I LOVE the annotation features. I LOVE the messaging feature (to the group but more so one on one during the meeting for folks who don't like to or cant speak over the "over talkers"). I'm pleased.

Pros

Incredibly easy user interface - even our least tech savvy staff and board members can utilize the platform effectively.

Cons

I miss the ease of meeting minute taking that I was used to in our last platform.

BoardPro and Diligent Boards

Reasons for Choosing OnBoard

BoardMax was going away. It was clunky. My staff didn't like using it. I didn't like using it. It was time to reconsider what was on the market.

Pricing. Features.

Response from OnBoard

Thank you for taking the time to review OnBoard! I'm so glad that ease of use is really coming across for you and that it has streamlined things. As for minute taking, I will bring this up to Product. Otherwise, let us know if you need anything!

Chad

RMHC of Northwest Ohio

Reviewed on 2019/11/20

We recently surveyed our staff and board about OnBOard and the overall satisfaction was a 3.0 on a 5.0 scale.

Pros

We like the screen/book for meeting use.

Cons

We do not like the fact that we can not "re-invite" members that have not replied. We do not like that we cant see that an RSVP has been sent/when recieved etc.

Response from OnBoard

Thank you for taking the time to review OnBoard! Sorry things aren't going so well for you. I will be sure to loop in your Customer Success Manager, so we can figure something out.

Tara

Essential Software for Board Meetings

Reviewed on 2019/12/05

I have been using OnBoard shortly after I started with this company in late 2016. I believe the software was being converted from an older, original product to the OnBoard that I currently use today. There have been many updates along the way. My favorite was the ability to use the software on either Apple or Android cell phones. We recently upgraded our package to include Global Admin with the new Analytics feature.

Two years ago, we looked into a few different products to compare cost and features. In the end we decided to stay with OnBoard because the program does everything we need (and then some) for our board meetings. The cost of the software to be very competitive with others. The members of our board find it effective and very easy to use. This makes my life much easier!

Pros

There are several things I like about the software. One of the features we like is the ability to use the software on both Apple and Android devices. If I ever need help with the software, I can easily find help through the Help Center and there are Admin Guides. When a new member joins our Board - no problem! There is a User Guide to help get them up to speed very quickly. Should there be another issue that I cannot resolve, I have found the staff at OnBoard very helpful in resolving any issue that I come across (which are very few and far between!) I also like the opportunity for additional learning via Webinars. We are updated when the offices at OnBoard will be closed or whenever there is an update on the way. The communication is above and beyond.

Putting together an Agenda for a board meeting is very easy to do. I am finding the agenda import to be a big time saver. Our board enjoys the ability to make annotations during our board meetings.

Cons

My least favorite thing about this software is the need to have a "Global Admin" upgrade in order to delete things from the portal that a previous employee had created and was no longer needed/outdated. It is unfortunate that the Messenger feature is not included in our package and this would require another upgrade. That being said, however, there are many updates to the software that do not cost extra. I don't want to give the impression that every update costs extra, because that would not be accurate. In case you are wondering - we did decide to upgrade during a year-end special to include the Global Admin product and Analytics feature which we are enjoying very much.

MyBoardPacket

Reasons for Switching to OnBoard

We originally used the predecessor software to OnBoard. After using OnBoard for about a year or so, we decided to take a look at a few other options. One I remembered was MyBoardPacket. It was definately a nice product and easy to use from what I could tell. The reason we stayed with OnBoard was becasue it did EVERYTHING we needed and our board members liked the software and there was no need for them to learn how to use something else. It ended up being a win-win all the way around!

Response from OnBoard

Thank you for taking the time to review OnBoard! I'm so glad this is making your life easier and that you decided to stick it out with us. We truly appreciate the feedback about the various packages, and I will bring that up to Management as something to consider.

Karen

OnBoard ROCKS!

Reviewed on 2020/02/03

OnBoard has been a real time and paper saver for myself, as the admin support person and for our University. We moved our Foundation Board from a SharePoint site to OnBoard a little over two years ago. Our members love that they can use any device to view meeting materials and the site itself looks very professional on a large projection screen during actual meetings. Our members really like the resources folder so they can access Board documents easily.

Pros

The ease of use, especially when making changes to meeting agendas and materials!

Cons

I would like to be able to leave the meeting time blank when creating a new meeting. Sometimes I may have a confirmed meeting date but not a confirmed time.

Steven

AMBA Experience with OnBoard

Reviewed on 2021/03/20

We love OnBoard! It's compatible with all the browsers we use, its mobile app is superb, and when compared to other board portals we've used, it provides more capability at a lower price. Last but certainly not least, customer support has been tremendous. Our customer service representative, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], has been with us every step of the way as we tailored OnBoard for our needs, migrated the documents we stored on our previous board portal, and prepared OnBoard for our first meeting. I can't say enough about the support we've received from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and the rest of the OnBoard team.

Pros

As compared to our previous board portal, OnBoard is so much easier to use, more intuitive, and is an easier collaboration tool. We just held our first board meeting using OnBoard. Its integrated conferencing capability powered by Zoom made the meeting the most efficient and effective virtual meeting yet.

Cons

The platform needs an e-mail capability that will allow users to communicate with each other securely and with the ability to attach documents or find them within OnBoard's "resources." The current messaging capability -- akin to texting -- is good, but it lacks the flexibility of a more robust, e-mail-like communication capability.

Brent
  • Industry: Banking

OnBoard is a must have for meetings in a digital age

Reviewed on 2022/02/10

Paper, ink, and printer fatigue are the first savings we've enjoyed. Changes to the agenda last minute have been easily to upload where everyone can see it minutes after uploading it. Lastly, the time savings (and paper cuts) staff and the admin have from not having to do paper copies anymore has been considerable and very worthwhile. Security of the app is also great.

Pros

The ability to meet and view agendas in the OnBoard app has been critical to the bank. In the past if staff or Directors were remote, hard copy items had to be mailed at great expense to them and if there were last minute changes, those people didn't have the right documents to review. Now everything is seamlessly in one spot, organized to perfection, easy to access, and easy for the admin to upload new and revised documents so everyone can view the current information. The time savings from having to print everything is enough to pay for the system and devices to access the meetings.

Cons

This has less to do with the software and more to do with some of the features in the app are not easily understood by some older members of the Board that are not used to the technology updates. There really isn't an issue I have that OnBoard hasn't thought of and implemented.

BoardPAC

Reasons for Switching to OnBoard

Mainly because of the features and that it was backed by the ICBA. We've been using OnBoard for 6.5 years now and it just keeps getting better.
Jay

Passageways OnBoard - Great Product, Functionality & Value

Reviewed on 2020/02/03

Our experience with OnBoard has been excellent as we sought a way to streamline and efficiently manage our Board & Committee meeting process, allowing members secure, remote access on different devices , while making our administrative process easier and save printing paper. Additionally, we were seeking a central repository for corporate documents that was secure and easily accessible.

Pros

The software is user friendly/intuitive; easy to maintain from an admin perspective; and more importantly easy for board members/employees to access from remote locations and devices. Does a terrific job on consolidating multiple documents into one meeting "book" with the flexibility to access individual documents and easily move throughout your meeting agenda. One of the other things we find most pleasing is that the ENTIRE Passageway team members (form CEO, sales, account manager, support) are fantastic to work with; always willing to listen and make enhancements and promptly address any questions we may have.

Cons

When we first started using Passageways several years ago, some of the features/navigation may not have been as intuitive as expected, however their team has done a great job in implementing enhancements to certainly improve the process, plus a lot more.

Govenda and Diligent Boards

Reasons for Switching to OnBoard

Flexibility of the application, ease of use, people & support, willingness to listen and make changes, value
Fallon
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Moving to OnBoard was a great choice!

Reviewed on 2019/11/08

Overall my experience has been great. After demoing multiple platforms, we chose OnBoard because of the best affordability, it's user-friendly, and the support has been stellar. Our set-up and support team have been there 100%, and go above and beyond to address questions and resolve any technical issues. To me, customer service and tech support are a #1 priority and rep, as well as the tech support team, have always exceeded my expectations.

Pros

OnBoard is a visually appealing platform, that is user-friendly and easy to use.

Cons

Feature availability, such as 1) downloadable material does not include an agenda page 2) surveys have to be closed before reviewing results, which limits the ability to know when to close the survey 3) announcement permissions are limited to Admins only. 3) The survey questions format lacks more enhanced customization

Govenda and BoardEffect

Reasons for Choosing OnBoard

We made the switch to better streamline communications with our Trustees and Foundation Board. OnBoard offers a sleeker and more professional appearance to its users. Additionally, the health of the company is sound, which gave us the piece of mind that we can use OnBoard for many years to come, without any surprises.

Reasons for Switching to OnBoard

Product affordability and ease of use as an admin and end-user.

Response from OnBoard

Thank you for taking the time to review OnBoard! I'm so glad you are happy with the choice to move to OnBoard and that you are finding it easy to use. We definitely appreciate the suggestions regarding additional features to make OnBoard better, and I will bring these up to our Product team.

Clarissa
  • Industry: Utilities

Continous Operations Through COVID

Reviewed on 2020/09/02

The engagement of the OnBoard sales and service team has been exceptional. Their support has made the transition from our previous board meeting platform to OnBoard seamless.

Pros

The board is able to function well virtually and depending on the packages your firm utilizes, the functionality increases. This has proven particularly important as our firm navigates operations through the COVID19 pandemic.

Cons

As of right now, there is nothing that I dislike about the software. It is user - friendly and helps keep the board efficient in a remote work environment.

BoardPaq

Reasons for Choosing OnBoard

As an administrator, I was looking for a product that was more user - friendly.

Diligent Boards
Deborah

OnBoard Made My Job A Lot Easier

Reviewed on 2020/08/25

Our experience has been nothing but positive. From the first reach out by [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] right through to the customer service outreach with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]

Pros

Onboard is such a simple and intuitive product. As soon as I received access to the product I was able to log in and immediately start building the portal to suit our needs. We had a board meeting very shortly after signing on - I was able to build and circulate the agenda and board materials within the first day of implementing the product.

Cons

I have not received any complaints from the board members. All board members found it very simple to login and maneuver around the portal.

Aprio

Reasons for Choosing OnBoard

Sharepoint was clunky and not intuitive. Board members found it very difficult to access board materials and reference documents. The technology did not suit our purpose

Microsoft SharePoint

Ease of Use Simple Interface Customer Service Price
Theresa
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Continue to be pleased with the purchase

Reviewed on 2022/01/22

I've had an ideal customer experience with OnBoard! From sales to training to implementation ([SENSITIVE CONTENT] is awesome) to maintenance stage and IT needs. Improvements are continually coming. A very responsive team when it comes to questions or the occasional internet glitch. Great online resources for training, learning and best practices, in addition to live help.

Pros

Ease of use, organization, look, security, customer service, always open to ideas and making improvements, analytics.

Cons

Minutes builder and surveys could be improved. The ability to add custom fields to profile would be nice.

Diligent Boards and Boardable

Reasons for Choosing OnBoard

Made the switch when our contract ended with The Governance Institute. Researched several products and OnBoard offered the functionality we needed at a price point we could manage with pandemic unknowns.

BoardEffect and Nasdaq Boardvantage

Reasons for Switching to OnBoard

Functions offered, customer service and price
April

One thing that really does make my life easier

Reviewed on 2021/01/14

This is one of the tools that I couldn't do my job without. It has helped make the process of collecting and managing 25-75 documents for a given board meeting seamless.

Pros

We've used OnBoard for board meetings for something close to five years now. What sets OnBoard apart from others in the industry is its value for the money and approach to customer support. They are incredibly responsive to the needs of their customers and are always adding new and incredibly useful features.

Cons

I can't think of one. Everything that's ever been glitchy or not worked well is usually fixed in a couple of months.

BoardDocs and BoardEffect

Reasons for Switching to OnBoard

The difference between these products comes down to cost. They all do very similar things, but we would not have been able to implement more expensive products.
Andy

Great product

Reviewed on 2020/12/07

Very positive experience. It has streamlined our board and committee preparation considerably.

Pros

Does everything I need it to; integration with Zoom; unlimited storage; ease of providing documents to board members and all committees; good looking/ease of use; responsive staff at OnBoard;

Cons

An initial learning curve for users, especially older ones; some work to do integrating storage in OnBoard with our existing document storage procedures

Reasons for Switching to OnBoard

Combination of price, ease of use, features (not too many, not too few), sales rep
Cheryl

Essential Tool for our Organization.

Reviewed on 2020/11/24

Pros

I have been surprised how quickly OnBoard became an essential tool for our organization and how quickly our Board of Directors embraced this new technology for not only distributing our meeting materials, but also as a secure platform that allows our Directors to access information and records. Prior to using OnBoard, we were compiling our meeting materials into binders for each individual Director and every attendee to the meeting and not only was it time consuming and costly to produce these binders, but we would often incur an expense to print something that would be outdated by the time the meeting occurred. With OnBoard, we can update information in our Board Book with a few clicks of the mouse. I have heard from multiple members of our Board how much they appreciate OnBoard and feel the platform has enabled us to create a cleaner, more appealing, and more streamlined presentation of our meeting materials.

Although there are features that do not align with the operations of our foundation, I use OnBoard almost daily. We have a very active Board who is managing a lot of exciting work for our foundation and we seem to constantly be preparing for a meeting - from the onset, the OnBoard platform contributed to completing our meeting picture and it never felt like a burden or hurdle because it is so user friendly.

Cons

OnBoard constantly wants to send out updates on behalf of our organization when I make updates to a meeting agenda, visibility, or materials and the mandate within our organization is to have communication directly with our Directors so we know what is being communicated. It would be great if I could set a default to not be asked about notifying our members as often as I am; however, I think it is important to note that when I do encounter an issue or want to provide feedback about how we want to be able to use the platform, everyone I have encountered with OnBoard has been extremely open and welcome the feedback.

Kent

VP Perspective

Reviewed on 2020/06/03

Our Board is very happy with our initial experiences with onBoard, aside from the spam episode. Customer service has been good.

Pros

Initially, we just wanted an upgrade from hard copy board meeting books, and a better way to catalog all of our board activity. After reviewing the industry we realized we could also have powerful communication tools to enhance board function. The OnBoard portal met all of our requirements, but the ease of use was a primary concern---most board members are technologically proficient, but not all. The quality of our training for board members was terrific (Thanks [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]), and we were able to get functional usage rates up very quickly. After 8 months we are still increasing the number of functions we are using, but I can't imagine trying to run our recent full board meeting remotely without this tool.

I really like the ability to embed the Zoom meeting function into the meeting details--that allowed a single log on for our recebnt committee and board meetings. s

Cons

Initially we had a significant problem when our Board emails were being spammed by the OnBoard software, each Board member was receiving hundreeds of emaisl---the problem was fixed over a weekend, and the Board understood---our [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] staff haven't been quite as forgivining.

I don't like the scroll function when I am reading pdf's. The scroll moves some horizontally when I am trying to scroll vertically. I may need to resize my window, but it would be nice it the pdf didn't shift horizontally when I am scrolling vertically. I didn't like the OnBoard ad that showed up next to our Foundation info/log at login. We asked that it be moved, and it has been. '

Christie

OnBoard - A Great Product for Board Management

Reviewed on 2021/07/28

I love the ease of use and structure/organization that OnBoard helps our organization obtain. It has made meeting materials and meeting structure so much easier. I love that all the features are readily available in one place. I would recommend this product to other orgs but noting that it is fairly costly for a not for profit.

Pros

As an organization we set up at least 3-4 meetings a month and it has really helped to streamline our process. Everything is now in one place. We also use the survey tool monthly and appreciate it's ease of use.

Cons

Approvals could be easier to use. I don't love that when changes are made in the back end sometimes it affects permissions that were set up long before hand. If you made an upgrade our board directors should still be able to access their usual meetings.

Boardable

Reasons for Switching to OnBoard

Clean presentation, ease of use,
Carmen
  • Industry: Executive Office

OnBoard has significantly changed how we do business.

Reviewed on 2021/06/16

We love that all of our documentation, voting, and board business is located in one place. We have two boards, plus numerous board committees. OnBoard makes it easy for us to access the information, in real-time, and we can direct our board members/volunteers where to go in the system instead of trying to locate the information and hope an e-mail goes through because the document was too large to send via e-mail.

Pros

The features I love the most are the agenda and minutes builder. Previously it would take us an hour just to build out the agenda or minutes because of all the attachments/appendices needed for each document. When changes were needed, you would have to update the entire document and all of the attachment/appendix labels - which is another savings of at least 30 minutes to an hour for each board meeting.

Cons

What I like least are the glitches that keep occurring while in the system. I get kicked out of Minutes Builder - while doing my minutes in the middle of a board meeting, from time to time items won't save or the system will tell me that I don't have permission and it kicks me out of what I was working on. I will say this is not as often as it used to be but is still a bug that needs to get corrected.

Leah
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

Great Tool

Reviewed on 2023/09/06

Pros

An easy way to gather all board documents into one place to present. Easy for the board to approve the consent agenda.

Cons

It is not easy to track the terms of each member and committee.

BoardPAC

Reasons for Choosing OnBoard

Easier to upload documentation.

Reasons for Switching to OnBoard

Ease of use. Functionality.
Brandy
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

How do individuals and businesses live without OnBoard?

Reviewed on 2022/08/30

We have been able to use OnBoard for meetings with people in the same room or in different branches, for folks working at home during the pandemic, and a variety of situations. It saves me an incredible amount of time communicating with meeting attendees, and I can't imagine living without OnBoard ever again.

Pros

This software makes it possible to quickly and easily communicate important information about meetings with attendees. It is wonderful to know that everyone is referencing the same version of documents even if something changes between the time that you publish your documents and the meetings occur.

Cons

I wish it was less expensive per user so we could make this available to every employee within our organization.

Yvonne
  • Industry: Events Services

OnBoard has made my Board management tasks a breeze!

Reviewed on 2022/03/17

My board materials are now professionally housed in one place with an easy interface for my board to navigate and obtain whatever they need. The agenda timer has encouraged speakers to be more mindful of the meeting progress and keep things running on track. As an administrator, I appreciate the visibility into meeting analytics to know how they board is engaging with what we're posting.

Pros

My top 3 benefits since using OnBoard include:
1. Very reliable customer/implementation support and ability to hold on-demand training sessions for our board members if/when needed.
2. Very user-friendly and streamlined dashboards to keep my board aware of what they need to pay attention to
3. Meeting minutes builder makes it so much easier to capture my minutes that fumbling with templates and paper notes as before.

Cons

Overall I'm very satisfied but would appreciate minor tweaks such as being able to see a preview of the notifications my end users receive before they go out or screenshots of samples within the training guides. Also, further customization in the layout of the meeting minutes builder, the ability to attach multiple links and documents to announcements posts rather than just one per announcement, and less clicks to view annotations within the board book + a reply button to annotations instead of the need to post a separate message.

BoardEffect and Nasdaq Boardvantage

Reasons for Choosing OnBoard

Need for improved and streamlined document, communications, and meeting management. OnBoard's interface and added features are a huge bonus (analytics, built-in surveys, voting, etc.)

Reasons for Switching to OnBoard

Pricing and user interface look and feel
Diane

Electronic Meetings

Reviewed on 2019/07/01

Pros

1. Allows for my providers to access and review materials prior to meetings
2. Allows the facilitator to project meeting materials via Apple TV and other AV
3. Easy to use

Cons

OnBoard works very well for our needs. No cons.

BoardEffect

Response from OnBoard

Thank you for your review! We are very happy to hear that you have no cons for our software. Ease of use is always top of mind and will continue to be. If you need anything, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Amy

OnBoard for Board and Committee Management

Reviewed on 2023/09/14

We are solving the need to house all meeting materials in one, central, accessible platform.

Pros

The feature that is most impactful to our organization's use is having meeting materials all in one place, eliminating the need to print materials and distribute to members.

Cons

My lease favorite part of OnBoard is reliability. There are times that the meeting book will not build. That does not work when needing to present at a meeting, or when members need to view the materials and vote. I am also disappointed with the Customer Service response when lodging a complaint. They do not have a good system of notification when an issue is resolved. It leaves us guessing and considering looking at different vendors for a similar product.

Lori
  • Industry: Utilities

OnBoard Software

Reviewed on 2021/04/20

We have enjoyed a very positive experience with Onboard. You are assigned a customer support manager that reaches out to you and listens to any suggestions that you would like to see. Many times these will be reflected in future upgrades. The Board is happy with the software, it is user friendly, displays well on computer, tablet, or phone. As an admin I am happy with the support whenever it is needed.

Pros

The software is very user friendly. Those with all levels of technical abilities are comfortable using the product. When bringing on new Board Members the training time is very minimal as the software is pretty self explanatory. I can be used on multiple devices - phone, tablet or computer and keeps the same look through all devices.

In addition to the ease of use, it is very easy to access reports from past meetings.

Cons

I can honestly say that I am satisfied. In the beginning there were a few little things like the display of meetings, but this has been fixed in a past upgrade.

Laurie

OnBoard Review

Reviewed on 2020/06/03

Pros

OnBoard is a very easy, intuitive system. I have only recently started using it (< 6 months) and feel it was very easy to learn and become proficient at in a short amount of time. We use OnBoard for all our Board and Committee meetings and communication. The eSignature function is one we have recently implemented and I love having it for our Board meeting signatures. The support team is awesome and quick to get back to me when I have questions. I would highly recommend this software.

Cons

There is very little I don't like about the software. The only thing it cannot do for me right now is incorporate an eSignature in with a survey. I would like to use the survey tool for the annual certifications our board and senior managers need to complete. I believe Passageways is looking at this being an enhancement in the future.