Databox

Mobile-first KPI dashboards

Miha
Miha

Easy to use and pleasing to the eye

Reviewed on 2019/05/02

Pros

You can get started in under a minute with no prior knowledge about analytics or dashboards. The free templates (made by other marketers) make it super easy to visualize your data.

Cons

More tehcnical users might miss advanced features (like making custom in-app API calls) but I guess that would defeat the purpose of keeping it simple for the rest of us.

Adela
  • Industry: Online Media

Great Product and Support!

Reviewed on 2022/12/14

Overall, It's very friendly to use, especially the way to organize templates to share across client accounts, create alerts, and native integrations with the most used platforms. A Big shoutout to the support team, which is responsive and ALWAYS resolves my questions/issues

Pros

I love to centralize the KPIs in one place. While running campaigns through multiple platforms, Databox helps to create and calculate metrics to summarize all impressions, metrics, conversions, spending, etc. I am showing data in a fancy and easy way to monitor the metrics' performance.

Cons

I've noticed some glitches. 1) After data is updated automatically, sometimes the dashboard doesn't seem to be updated, and to get the data updated, I need to change the date range and get back to the previous date range. 2) In the table settings >> multiple metrics can't sort based on the metric only manually; it would be great to sort dynamically ascending or descending3) I can't view log changes, Ex. If another college works on the same board, I can't see my changes vs. theirs.

william

Some nice features, horribly run as a company and service

Reviewed on 2021/07/09

Sporadic up/downtime. Frequently doesn't update correctly. Buggy with filters often times not working properly.

Pros

The visualizations are great. The visual options are really some of the best I've seen.

Cons

Databox probably has the worst customer support of any software company I've ever deal with. That's not an exaggeration or hyperbole, it is absolutely atrocious. It can take hours or days to get a support response that's so obviously incorrect that a user with just a couple hours on the platform would know that it's wrong.

Shivakant
Shivakant

centralizing multiple platforms

Reviewed on 2018/02/22

Amazing easy to use and setup dashboards

Amazing easy to use and setup dashboards

Pros

I like that I can customize the dashboard and seemingly add multiple data sources to a single dashboard view.

Cons

The cons of this application are it can be a bit challenging sometimes to get the data updated and connect all external data sources. But the tutorials and guides are very helpful to solve the most of the issues

Jeremy
Jeremy

My search is over! Custom Data Visualization & Reporting

Reviewed on 2018/10/16

I was looking for a solution to display website data and analytics for my clients. As a design and development agency, I wanted something that looks great, is easy for clients to use, and that I can "set and forget". Databox is the answer! By far the best in the industry. The free version is great for many small clients, and the paid upgrades for more integrations and users is very fair for those that need it.

Pros

Vast number of integrations, ease of use creating boards, white labeling, multiple users, mobile app is fantastic, goals, notifications, snapshots, and it's beautiful!

Cons

Some of the pre-made templates are too specialized. I created a client account before they introduced Agency accounts, and can't switch it over easily.

Juan Andrés
Juan Andrés

Amazing app

Reviewed on 2017/01/27

We tried a few other apps. None came close to the ease of use, flexibility, simplicity and customer support we got from databox. At one point we need a specific attribute from MixPanel, and after asking support on how to do this, they actually rolled up a new feature into production in less than a weeks time. (Maybe it was in the pipeline, but it's still amazing)

Pros

Amazing customer support, very easy to use, nice design too.

Cons

None so far, extremely flexible so meeting all our needs.

Sarah
Sarah
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

A good paid tool to visualize all your numbers

Reviewed on 2022/12/26

Databox saves a lot of time when you need to present multiple reports as you can just do that by creating a template and just changing the date range as and when required.

Pros

Databox reporting tool makes your life easy as it has a simple drag and drop interface to generate reports. It also has option to use predefined templates that make it easy for you to create reports from scratch. Databox tool links with multiple datasource and also allows you to create custom formulas and metrics to be used in the reporting.

Cons

There is a lag in the data numbers to get updated. There should be an option to set up the refresh interval manually as per the convenience.

Kurt
Kurt

Brings you the efficiency!

Reviewed on 2018/12/13

Databox provide free basic account that give you 3 datasources which is enough for small business to make good visualisations of the data. Bring ease to manage boards that created for projects.

Pros

- Provide good user experience
- Customisation options
- Clean UI

Cons

- Lack of documentation

Other than this all is still worked perfectly for me.

Christian
Christian

Databox - my preferred software

Reviewed on 2017/03/15

Pros

It is one of the best products I have come across in the last 5 years I have been working in this industry. It is much efficient and easy to use for all. I recommend to all looking towards KPI tracking.

Cons

None so far. I´m impressed with the ease of this tool and my team also loves it. I highly recommend it.

Paul
Paul
  • Industry: Entertainment

Really good business service

Reviewed on 2017/02/14

I love using Databox. It works on all the main mobile platforms in a web browser and as an app. It seamlessly and easily connects to all the main services I use, and even has an API so I can extend it.

Pros

Lots of out-of-the-box connectors.

Cons

For tablet mode in landscape, you have to use a web browser as the app doesn't yet support it.

Parth
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Excellent app for accessing and visualising statistics

Reviewed on 2023/02/15

For my clients, Databox makes it easier to demonstrate an ROI for inbound and paid media initiatives. When I'm keeping track of the effectiveness of our digital marketing, saves me time. I can display the dashboard at board meetings with vibrant charts and figures, and we also built it into the websites so everyone who visits can easily see our accomplishments.

Pros

I adore databox for a lot of reasons. It's quite intuitive, to start. You don't have to be an expert with data. With sophisticated data modelling capabilities, we can change the measurement display, and the programme really manages all the frames for me. Additionally, everything has built-in connectors, so I can often create a fantastic dashboard with only a few clicks. The programme itself has a nice appearance, and it has some useful features that allow for the clear visualisation of a lot of data.

Cons

It's not that I dislike what I'm going to say, but I'd want to have access to more instructional films, particularly ones that teach me how to assist myself. Data sources can occasionally lose connectivity when using Databox, which might result in the loss of historical data.

Daniel

What gets measured, gets managed right?

Reviewed on 2018/11/01

We have Databox set up to track a few things, but right now our main goal with our business is outreach and linkbuilding

We just wrote this huge guide that took 9 weeks and a few thousands dollars to create

Makes sense to promote it and build links right?

The thing is- even when youre good at linkbuilding, it takes time

You might do outreach to 100 sites and get 2-5 links

Even then?

It can take literally weeks to see the difference in your rankings- so it can be a little offputting right?

So we make sure to track the habit instead

We connect Databox with Ahrefs (SEO tool) and Mailshake (Email outreach tool) and have a custom dashboard

If we can send 16 emails per day- we know we'll get a link each week (at least)

But because we can't get immediate feedback on our rankings, we instead track the action

So we track how many emails we send per day and have a dynamic goal connected (A bar that fills up)

We also have a weekly end goal that does the same

Below that we have a connection to ahrefs that tells us of new links to our site

And in the centre we have our organic traffic data graph- this shows us upticks in traffic as our rankings slowly increase

This alone has made is SO easy to continue to do outreach, even tho we don't see that immediate result

Pros

The ability to integrate with multiple platforms

How I can set up custom goals and dashboards, relevant to the data its showing so I can track progress

The daily emails to let me know if we're hitting those goals (Nothing like a bit of habit stacking right?)

The fact that you can get a whole HEAP of value from the free version alone

Cons

Honestly nothing

Its super clean, easy to use, fast and intuitive

Joby

Great for free

Reviewed on 2018/05/15

Pros

The basic account is free with data box and gives you 3 datasources which is enough to make some really nice visualisations of your data. We use it to send investors regular updates and give them a link they can access whenever they want to get an update on our progress. Once we created theses boards they just update automatically which make it some much easier to manage.
They have a great range of connectctions with most of the services you can think off to run your business. Their visualisation tools make it pretty easy to set up nice views of your data, and if you are stuck they have some great templates that just plug and play with your data.

Cons

There have been a few bugs as we are in the UK we want money to be in £ and their default is $ there are some work arounds to make it work but it would be nice to have currency support built in and automatic.
Sometimes the data shows a little funnily on the iPhone app, support are very good at fixing this issues though.

Ray

World Class KPI Dashboards

Reviewed on 2022/12/14

Pros

Amazingly powerful and rock solid up time.

Cons

It does take a tech savvy designer to set up.

Crucial to unlock business insights

Reviewed on 2019/09/20

Essential tool to reduce silos and get insights across all areas of the company. We got overblown with the tons of marketing data we could get with a few clicks and are big fans of Databox’s funnel visualisation which is one of the best in the market. We then extended Databox to all other areas and we’re now showing different datawalls in different screens throughout our office floor.

Pros

Easy to use. Being able to input data from different sources. Carousel mode to show different dashboards on the same screen. Great Support team.

Cons

No Cons really but it would rock even more if it had drill down capability

• Industry: Media Production

A complete 3rd party analytics software.

Reviewed on 2019/12/30

I like the idea to see all the views of my google Chanel under one dashboard. UI is simple and working with multiple accounts is just very easy.

Pros

Signup is very fast with google, and without the password, it is more secure as my google have two-way auth.
I use our youtube channel statistics and some ads result under one dashboard. All the URL and video views give me an idea about my general and shared video views.
It is workes on API so my data does not get altered and the reporting is really nice. Daily, weekly and monthly reporting features are really convenient to use.
All my channels statistics I can view under one dashboard and one login. I event don't have to log on to the all account to see all the daily views.
The connection or integration is just flawless, but not all the options are free. When I tried google sheets to get a report from it I found it is included with paid plans. But the free plan offers enough for me to connect 2 of my channel and see about them.

Cons

Not all the integration, some of them are very commonly available are available to use with all plans. I need to upgrade to use with google sheets, which is available for free.

Dylan
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Absolutely amazing Tool

Reviewed on 2019/09/20

Databox is our daily KPI tool and has helped us to increase our value and traffic. It's one of the overall best tools I've ever seen with its amazing selection of templates, wide and an I mean really wide range of possible Integration of Tools, and more!

Pros

The easy integration across a different platform that leverages Big Data in an instance to provide useful insight.

Cons

I'd say the modification for the KPI's could feature a bit more Modification in terms of more Team Roles Setup

Boris

Databox has great features and is very intuitive

Reviewed on 2016/08/18

It was easy to self onboard, start trial and connect some sources. Second-to-none support via Intercom. Setting up datacards and data-blocks is an experience (positive :) by itself, all drag and drop and animated. I wish all my apps were like that. When you get a grip on how it all works, it's a piece of cake.

Pros

Beautiful app and charts, I've tried probably all competing products, but none looked this good. Powerful features, intuitive setup...

Cons

Quite a lot of connectors to 3rd party services, but I could use more of them. I've contacted them and many are in beta phase and coming soon, so this will be a non-issue soon. I managed to connect other, currently not directly supported sources like Google Spreadsheets via Zapier and my customer database via MySQL connector. So there are plenty of possible work-arounds.

Response from Databox

Thank you for your review.

Mike

Business analytics made beautiful. A really nice app.

Reviewed on 2016/08/17

Found this searching for a way to convert my Spreadsheet data to charts. Worked great and it has beautiful charts. But then I found out it does much more. Now I have my Spreadsheet, Google Analytics and Mixpanel data all connected in one app. Makes it much easier to stay on top of the numbers. And I have a couple of datawalls set up, so I can show the numbers to my customers if needed by just turning on the tv. Works great.

Pros

Simple to connect different data sources and have all the data in one place. Web site allows for advanced setups, but maybe not so simple to use. Beautiful mobile visualizations. Datawalls are really useful. Good value for money.

Cons

Needed a Zapier account to connect to Spreadsheets, but on the other hand Zapier allows me to add many other sources.

Response from Databox

Thank you for your feedback.

Rachel

Need To View Analytics? This is the Tool.

Reviewed on 2021/11/23

Fantastic! I absolutely love the software and think its brilliant for anyone who has several places to get reports.

Pros

The software is great if you have several things you have to view all at once. This also runs really well once things are setup and moving along. You will have to sink time into it, but its worth it.

Cons

The biggest issue is it takes time to properly set up. Once you have the software set up properly, it's easy to use. So be prepared to sink some time into it.

Matthew
  • Industry: Online Media

Amazing wall of data with great presentation options

Reviewed on 2017/05/21

easily view and break down complex data sources in minutes.

easily view and break down complex data sources in minutes.

Pros

Visually its the best I've seen (and I've seen a lot). The integrations are pretty flawless as far as setup goes. I had one small hickup but the team was on it and fixed. The phone app is great and you can even administer the phone data views separate to the desktop - that's awesome!

Cons

The real-estate of datawalls is tricky. On one hand if you have three main chunks of data to look at they're great, but it you want to view more (like all the various metrics for a website traffic including conversions rates, etc) you run out of space due to the grid system. But it's not all bad.

Stace
Stace
  • Industry: Market Research

So easy to use and great visualisation

Reviewed on 2022/11/08

Pros

Its absolutely brilliant that they allow you to connect up to 4 social media accounts without having to pay. Social media isn't top of the list at our company so all we really need is Google Analytics and Linkedin. Once everything was set up and linked and I had spent a bit of time customising the boards all I have to do now is update and share them each month for the directors meeting. Super easy!

Cons

Its obviously a very complex piece of software and I'm sure there are things it does that I don't even know about yet.

JULIAN
  • Industry: Information Services

Great, Plug & Play and affordable product for mobile access

Reviewed on 2017/01/19

We have been searching a solution like Data Box for a long time. It is powerful, has the WOW effect, is easy to build and very important, very affordable.
Apart from connecting to several cloud services really in a few clicks (twitter, Google Analytics, CRMs, etc), we can connect DIRECTLY to our customer databases (MySQL, MS SQL Server). It allows us to build customized dashboards based on metrics.

Pros

Easy to use for customer
WOW effect
Amazing design
Really Plug&Play dashboard to cloud services
Access to customer databases

Cons

It would be great having query builder on BASIC PLAN or middle plan between BASIC and BUSINESS.

Mike

Dashboard that I was looking for years!!!

Reviewed on 2017/02/19

I've been looking for such service for couple of years... That can combine my sales data (I send it from WooCommerce via Zapier) with Google Analytics and Google Ads/Facebook Ads in one simple mobile app. That is so much easy to monitor everything I need... no.of leads from Active Campaign through Zapier, no. of unsubscribers, expenses - Google Sheet via Zapier ... everything finally comes together to a cool looking dashboard on my iPhone.

Pros

Dashboards look very nice and are very flexible. With Zapier you can get any data to the Databox

Cons

I wish they add direct integration with WooCommerce

rivy

Pleasantly Surprised

Reviewed on 2017/05/30

Digital signage, daily updates to your devices.

Digital signage, daily updates to your devices.

Pros

I loved the UI, how easy it was to sync data resources, how user-friendly it is. The data wall option is the most significant for me because I am using it as a digital signage tool in my company. It is wonderful.