DataHero Reviews

DataHero

Visualize data from spreadsheets & cloud services

4/5 (9 reviews)
Douglas J.

Overall very good. Seamless process to get our data ingested and get some charts up and running.

Reviewed on 2018/02/02

Pros

The range of sources to automatically pull data from is great. We've also imported quite a bit of our own custom formatted data via CSV. The app makes it quite easy to extract meaning from the data by allowing you to visually assign values to different axes and apply aggregations such as summations, averages, totals, etc. Anyone that spends time with data knows that it's a bit of an iterative process while you try to arrive at the right visualization to convey the right message. This app makes that process quite fluid.

We've looked at quite a few different BI visualization tools ranging from very basic ones like Amazon's to very complex ones like Looker and Periscope. There's a trade off with all of them. With the really simple ones you run into a wall with what they can do pretty quickly. With the really complex ones, unless you're looking to do very complex extractions connected up with your data warehouse, they tend to be over the top in terms of a steep learning curve and complexity of usage. Seems like the DataHero guys have hit a nice middle ground where you can very quickly slap together useful visualizations w/o investing huge time into ramp up and learning the specifics of the platform.

Cons

Design wise the UI could use a slight freshening up to be on par with the latest and greatest web apps, but I wouldn't say that that takes away from the actual usage and functionality.
I'm told that they're adding add'l functionality to make it easy to share charts with others via email and web page integrations soon. That will be pretty key.

Roderick F.

Data Hero

Reviewed on 2018/09/18

Overall it's helped me in business being able to track progress daily and share it with the team.

Pros

I like the ability to tie into other platforms and have that data updated daily.

Cons

Since using the platform, I've not run into many issues. I use it daily!

Alex R.

Excellent Tool for Media Reports

Reviewed on 2018/09/18

Pros

Ease and conveienece, very easy to create reports for my PR dept.

Cons

Still some clerical things I need to do. Wish I could just open up data hero and have reports ready to go.

Phillip j. L.

Easy & Fast KPIs for my Team

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/09/19

Despite its short comings it is still the easiest method I have some across that is both visually appealing to our executives and simple to manage the data.

Pros

Easy UI, plenty of options and integrations to other apps, export functionality and fast

Cons

Wish there was multi-table data that could be generated instead of multiple charts from one data set.
They need better tips on how to generate above average tables.
Some methods don't always work the same. example if I needed to show How many cases were received from a specific topic(Y axis) M2M(X axis) while giving me the average handle time per topic on a Z-Axis it works but as soon as i change data to another 3 data points it doesnt work the same.

Rishi K.

Only turnkey dashboard I found with sufficient data filtering

Reviewed on 2018/02/05

-Was able to construct dashboards for our PM and Customer Success teams that are closest to what I need without any engineering help.

Pros

I was almost going to pull the trigger on building a custom dashboard which I really wasn't excited about for multiple reasons. Also found the filtering capability useful for Intercom as well. I needed to filter only certain conversations and again was pretty quick and painless to get the graph I wanted.

Cons

Didn't like that in order to share the dashboard with other folks on my team I had to upgrade plans.

Juan ignacio G.

Engineers meet Designers: Great app!

Used Monthly for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2018/08/13

Within the agency we work with big data and we have been able to test this tool for integration with the cloud and, above all, for the design.

Pros

The easy integration with the cloud offered by the app, combined with an elegant and simple design that makes the task even simpler. In some way they are managing to impose a model of data visualization platform so that those who follow them do so by the way they mark. In addition, the price in relation to the support they offer is very low.

Cons

The task of displaying hard data in an elegant and simple way is not easy for everyone to understand; Having said that, I think there is a long way to go before DataHero can be the ideal tool.

Kiri M.

Bait & Switch - Unable to Downgrade During "Free Trial"

Used Other for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2017/10/09

Pros

I literally used this tool for 10 minutes before deciding it wasn't for me, and was unable to cancel it. Once you sign up for the "free" trial, there is nowhere in the interface where you can downgrade your plan.

Cons

As others have reported, there is a bait & switch issue with their so- called "free trial". There is no way to cancel or downgrade your paid subscription when you start.
I followed up with their support team, who said, "We state in all of our help articles that you're required to contact our team to move off of the paid version of DataHero."
Ah, where? I'll be requesting a chargeback from my credit card provider for this predatory behavior.

0.0/10

Chad M.

Great Company

Used Monthly for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2019/02/13

Worked with the reps, it was a wonderful experience!

Pros

Great product and great development team!

Cons

Wish I could get more time to unleash it!