Alora Home Health

Home care support with online/offline point of service tools

Tammy S.

Thus far, my experience with Alora has been overall very good.

Reviewed on 2014/03/25

Pros

I am a fairly new user with lots of learning ahead of me. At this point of use with our new company, the software has been user-friendly and seems to be very comprehensive in the home care field.

The best thing thus far has been the help/support I have received. They have been extremely helpful with resolving some issues and training, as well as with answering questions in a friendly and prompt manner. They have not only helped resolved what I felt like were some big issues but have also taken the time on several occasions to teach me. Our rep is very patient and personable.

When it comes down to it, in my opinion, all the home care software out there is similar, for the most part, with varying degrees of bells and whistles, as well as price. Besides price, the thing that sets software vendors apart is the support staff who work with the agencies using the software. Alora has a really good team, and I think that will build on their reputation in a very positive way.

I also like how Alora will listen to users that have suggestions to make something easier or better with the software and then sometimes make changes/updates to accommodate. It gives the users a sense of teamwork - that Alora is always trying to make the software better for its users, not just customers with no voice. I like how Alora is constantly updating and sending the updates to the users.

I also like the ability to open so many windows from a single window that I'm in to check information, etc. This is very helpful and useful. I really like the scrubbing tool! I think the price is reasonable. I am hoping it stays that way. The more I use the software and learn its capabilities, the more I like it.

Cons

The biggest issue up to this point is that the system seems to crash a lot when I have entered and completed a 485 then go to print. I have lost all data more than once when this happened which was frustrating. I have now learned to hit the save button before I try to print. It still crashes at times, but when I reopen the software, the 485 is there.

Judy W.

An Example of Going Beyond

Reviewed on 2016/09/28

Pros

With the screens that I work with daily (not on the clinical side), I like the ease of having almost all the options on the admission screen to where I can go from one screen to the next and still be within the patient's file. I have the ability to write emails within the software and create a separate folder within the mail to store those. I like it when Alora "predicts" or anticipates my date range, etc., does spell ck (wish all screens had that), F5 capability (again wish more screens had that), bringing over data from previous admission on a re-admit (still bug on med profile being addressed/rolled out), and of course....last but not least the customer service is so helpful.

Cons

The lag time in enhancements, the process of how enhancements & possible bugs are fixed based on how many customers have expressed concern over that same issue, & lack of flexibility within some screens. See some of the items mentioned in the first question.

Johanna O.

Excellent program from an excellent company

Reviewed on 2017/06/08

I recommend Alora.

Pros

Alora Home Health Care is our primary business software. We use it for all functions related to the business including scheduling, HIPAA compliant patient and caregiver information storage, administrative level tracking of employees via a convenient telephony system, and company financial electronic paper trails. Alora is the soul of our agency and without it, we would be lost.

Cons

The customer service department is not always easy to reach but when you get someone on the phone, or someone calls you back, you feel like you are very special to them. They take your problems very seriously and they know what they are doing.

Evelyn D.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

alora classic are easy to learn except the plus which is still on testing

Reviewed on 2017/10/12

overall very good

Pros

friendly user
easy to learn
very good customer service
always has an update
give us an update from medicare changes which we requested

Cons

msp claim not working
plus is still on testing
sometimes scheduling are being deleted without tracking
social worker notes has no spelling check

Dennis S.

The best folks to work with work at ALORA

Reviewed on 2016/09/16

Pros

They listen and they are helpful. Each person that I have talked to has a desire to help me through whatever the issue is

Cons

Can't think of any negatives and we have been using the software for years.

Josh S.

Stellar Representative Support

Reviewed on 2014/11/20

Pros

Our rep has been instrumental in helping us navigate our software transition issues and changes in billing code rates set by individual payers. She has been timely with her responses and consistently provides us with solutions to our problems. She is a excellent representative for Alora!

Cons

I dislike the lack of communication between the software engineers in my business. I am constantly having to check on the progress of a project I am currently working with a software engineer on. This project has been going on for approximately a month. This project is crucial to my business and this lag time of project completion is terrible.

Carol S.

Reviewed on 2013/09/30

My company provides Passport and private duty non-medical assistance for seniors. We currently have approximately 300 clients, and are very close to undergoing survey to launch the Medicare/Medicaid skilled "sister" company.

We purchased and started using the Alora system a couple of years ago after doing all scheduling manually and I and my office staff love it. I also love that the system was able to be configured for us in anticipation of the skilled company. We already have the licensing for it and clients cross populate to each company, reducing duplication. They have the most awesome customer service rep. If I had known how much guidance she could have provided navigating this accreditation process, I would have contacted her long ago. We are, as a company, so pleased with the entire system - customer support, and follow up. Thank you!

Stephane S.

Alora - An Industry Leader

Reviewed on 2017/06/08

Please use Alora. Your business will thank you.

Pros

Alora Home Health Care is the heart of our business. All patient and caregiver related information is stored on its remote servers and all scheduling is done on its convenient, user-friendly Scheduler Calendar. I can not imagine working in the Home Health Care industry without Alora and its dedicated Customer Service staff at my side.

Cons

When I first joined the company, the interface was a bit dull in an aesthetic sense. Since joining, Alora has been updated several times and it is as sleek and beautiful as any other program in the modern era.

Cindy Z.

I inherited this product and have had to teach myself how to use it.

Reviewed on 2015/09/23

Pros

Ease of use for field staff.
When a problem does arise, customer service is prompt in resolving it.

Cons

I had to make a manual for my staff as the product manual and help sections provided were insufficient.

Vechel G.

Reviewed on 2012/12/08

I have been using Alora for at least four years Alora’s customer service is excellent the support team (Frank, Collen, Sam, Melissa and Sheree) is always there to answer any questions and resolve any issue or problem that arises.

I do know how a home health agency can function well without Alora. Alora makes billing with Medicare, Medicaid and private insurance very easy to do. It offers all the functions we need to operate our agency effectively, including payroll, OASIS, 485, scheduling and other clinical documents.

The software is very friendly and we can easily train new employees. I high recommend it to all home health agencies.

Eza B.
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

EXCEPTIONAL, PROFESSIONAL, USER FRIENDLY

Reviewed on 2017/07/27

Keep doing what you guys do. Awesome staff, team, and overall awesome services.

Pros

Employees are exceptional at what they do. Professionalism at best.
Gurus of Alora. Will definitely tell other medical companies about Alora. Employees are wonderful friendly and super savvy.

Garrison G.

Alora Plus still has a few minuses

Reviewed on 2018/01/25

Limited number of electronic fax pages that can be sent on a monthly basis (100), is not good for larger companies trying to be paperless.

Pros

The dashboard is quite comprehensive. The ability to customize to each employees' needs. Schedules are easy to create and read.

Cons

The client demographic information and the admission data being split into 2 different areas makes it difficult to navigate between the two. While the 485 is created based off the completed Oasis assessment, it is not generated automatically, so you have to go back and manually click through to complete the 485 and fax out.

Jackelyn E.

Great EMR system and outstanding customer service

Reviewed on 2017/08/08

Pros

The system is extremely user friendly and the clinicians/staff can easily navigate their way around

Cons

It's been about 4 months since we've transitioned and we are still encountering some bugs from the system

Orlando P.

Alora Software

Reviewed on 2013/12/17

Pros

Alora Software has outstanding customer support, and they continue to improve the software to make it user-friendly from a nurse perspective. Our nurses are so happy about how easy it is to use and how fast they learn how to navigate it.

Cons

I can't think of anything I don't like about the software

Ingrid B.

Reviewed on 2013/09/28

We love our customer service representative!!! She is the best thing since sliced bread!!! The only issue we have with Alora is not having enough spaces for nurses. One logs in and it will knock someone else out. I think that is more our issues than Alora's though.

Overall the customer support is great! We always have the nurses call to get the software downloaded to their laptops, and they all comment how nice and helpful the staff is.

Deisy P.

Reviewed on 2012/12/12

Excellent software, easy to use and wonderful costumer support. We have always used Alora and we will never change to another company. We are very satisfied with their product and their service. If you are a Home Health Agency looking for the best software in the market, we highly recommend Alora HealthCare Systems for you and your staff.

Connie U.

Reviewed on 2013/10/08

KAL Home Health is a start up company. We have been very satisfied with Alora. It is easy to use, and the customer support has been outstanding! Alora software has proven to be instrumental to our company in the very early stages, and we are confident it will be extremely helpful as our business expands.

Stephanie G.

Alora Home Health

Reviewed on 2014/10/15

Pros

They have great customer support! The software is very user-friendly.

Cons

The reports are not always as functional as we need them to be.

Melissa K.
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Unhappy!

Reviewed on 2017/05/16

Our organization asked the tech support at Alora to fix certain features (be able to view a list of caregiver schedules, make the schedule week Monday-Sunday, etc.) and fix the billing issues and were told that they would be fixed, but they never were.

Pros

Alora is paperless and makes it easy to verify that a caregiver is where he/she should be. Its very accessible for caregivers.

Cons

Alora is extremely un-user friendly from a scheduling and billing standpoint. Shifts become invisible and mistakes are inevitable but difficult to fix.

Cathie B.

Alora Review

Reviewed on 2021/04/14

Good

Pros

Once we learn the program, it is pretty easy to navigate.

Cons

Too many tabs to use and can become confusing where to navigate. There is not anything in written form for us to refer to when we have questions.

Isabelle O.

Administrative assistant/ Office manager/ Billing Manager

Reviewed on 2017/07/26

On the Classic Version we do not have a place to put comment when the patient has a change on the profile.
For the New Web version on the Oasis there is no name and date the person who made change on the Oasis.

Pros

Alora is easy software to use, to access and manage with the help of the windows that the programmer created for the client to be able to use. This software gives opportunity to any user whatever the level of computer knowledge to use it without worrying about the improvement of the work; you do not try to think too much to do the work. It is software that does not require much computer knowledge for its use. It is software that accepts the whole level of study to use it.

Cons

What concerns me the most after the webinar training there are no certificates provided to encourage all those who have taken the training that will allow the motivation and the participation of the user to follow the software update and some changes rules from CMS

Emily R.

Alora Love

Reviewed on 2020/11/16

We love it. We're glad we switched while we were small because switching now would be a ton of work.

Pros

We initially looked into Alora so we could switch from paper charting to computer charting. I chose it because I like the way the nurse note is organized. We were also happy to be able to have patient files, employee files, scheduling and billing all in one place.

Cons

The admission assessment is 35 pages long.

Michael L.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Keeps it all together

Reviewed on 2020/11/17

Pros

Being able to keep everything Patient and Nursing together in one place is great.

Cons

It can be confusing at first, but it did not take long to acclimate.

Jessica T.

I enjoy my expierence while working with the Alora product.

Reviewed on 2017/07/26

Pros

Alora is simple to use and helps streamline the health care process. It is helpful when it comes to charting as well as the scheduling aspect.

Cons

I have not ran in to many cons with the Alora health care system. I would say the only con I have encountered is downloading Alora on apple products.

Marcy R.

Easy to Use

Reviewed on 2018/02/01

Pros

There are not a lot of extra steps to this system. Everything is user friendly, simple and up to date with all regulations.

Cons

I do not like the lag in the system sometimes. When this happens I am able to talk to someone and they get the issue corrected quickly.