Alora Home Care Software

Home care support with online/offline point of service tools

4,6
Mohini C.

Excellent Customer support

Reviewed on 2020/09/22
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Customizable. Parameters driven making it scalable. Well integrated with the DDE , Clearing houses and SANDATA for EVV transmission.

Cons

Because it is highly parameterized. Nursing staff finds it difficult to make proper use of it's customizing features. Initially, they take time to understand the information flow. I highly recommend to introduce incident reporting template. Nurses don't use communication log properly to report incidents. A/R Module is tedious.

Vanessa T.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Alora Review

Reviewed on 2020/10/06
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

The customer service is amazing!!! Overall, a very affordable program if you have multiple agencies and are in the start up phase.

Pros

I like that you can do both home care and home health with this software

Cons

The software does not instantly alert administration when caregivers are late or don't clock in or out of a scheduled shift. Administration has to look through each schedule manually to determine.

Judy J.

Alora is non-interactive

Reviewed on 2016/02/16
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

We do not like this product at all. We do not feel that the program is intuitive. Support is poor and not timely.

Cons

The product is set up by task, instead of set up by client chart. The point of care tablet use is frustrating and time consuming. To chart on a nursing note, or any type of form, put the client name in, choose the correct client. If a medication needs to be added, close the nursing note, choose the med profile, type in client name, choose the client, add the med. Close the med, go back to nursing notes, type the client name ... and so on. If the schedule is set up for a Monday, and you go into that visit and change the visit to Tuesday, the schedule does not update. You have to physically move the visit. Reports are poor. We recently had a CHAPS survey and they wanted to see the Transfer Summary for a patient hospitalized. No such thing in this software. When you call support, they rarely pick up the phone. Even though the issue is usually a question for IT, they will not let you speak with IT. They give IT the message and get back to you.

Likelihood to recommend: 1.0/10

Tammy S.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Thus far, my experience with Alora has been overall very good.

Reviewed on 2014/03/25
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

I am a fairly new user with lots of learning ahead of me. At this point of use with our new company, the software has been user-friendly and seems to be very comprehensive in the home care field.

The best thing thus far has been the help/support I have received. They have been extremely helpful with resolving some issues and training, as well as with answering questions in a friendly and prompt manner. They have not only helped resolved what I felt like were some big issues but have also taken the time on several occasions to teach me. Our rep is very patient and personable.

When it comes down to it, in my opinion, all the home care software out there is similar, for the most part, with varying degrees of bells and whistles, as well as price. Besides price, the thing that sets software vendors apart is the support staff who work with the agencies using the software. Alora has a really good team, and I think that will build on their reputation in a very positive way.

I also like how Alora will listen to users that have suggestions to make something easier or better with the software and then sometimes make changes/updates to accommodate. It gives the users a sense of teamwork - that Alora is always trying to make the software better for its users, not just customers with no voice. I like how Alora is constantly updating and sending the updates to the users.

I also like the ability to open so many windows from a single window that I'm in to check information, etc. This is very helpful and useful. I really like the scrubbing tool! I think the price is reasonable. I am hoping it stays that way. The more I use the software and learn its capabilities, the more I like it.

Cons

The biggest issue up to this point is that the system seems to crash a lot when I have entered and completed a 485 then go to print. I have lost all data more than once when this happened which was frustrating. I have now learned to hit the save button before I try to print. It still crashes at times, but when I reopen the software, the 485 is there.

Isabelle O.

Administrative assistant/ Office manager/ Billing Manager

Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

On the Classic Version we do not have a place to put comment when the patient has a change on the profile.
For the New Web version on the Oasis there is no name and date the person who made change on the Oasis.

Pros

Alora is easy software to use, to access and manage with the help of the windows that the programmer created for the client to be able to use. This software gives opportunity to any user whatever the level of computer knowledge to use it without worrying about the improvement of the work; you do not try to think too much to do the work. It is software that does not require much computer knowledge for its use. It is software that accepts the whole level of study to use it.

Cons

What concerns me the most after the webinar training there are no certificates provided to encourage all those who have taken the training that will allow the motivation and the participation of the user to follow the software update and some changes rules from CMS

Cathie A.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Customer service has always been on point and continues the same quality of service no matter how many times you contact them. 9:10 your problem is solved or there is a followup resolution expedited whether quickly.

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2018/05/24
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I would also like to see more features with Supervisory visit tracking (QA) and option to run multiple QA document type and status at one time. A request that was already discussed but note officially ticketed as feature upgrade.
Also, enable more stricter and user friendly way that prohibits scheduling what is not authorized.

Pros

Fax ability, electronic nurses assessments. Lots of hard work updating and creating new features for compliance with New CMS CoP's!! Love the new POC Plus. Billing module, schedule module, etc...Perks!!

Cons

Carry over feature for skilled nurse visits when there are multiple nurses on the case. Other nurse's systems review boxes are carried over, interventions are carried over, general notes are carried over....
These are from another nurse's assessment and should not be part of the "carry over feature".
Should have a choice to only carry over a particular user's last note, not just the last note in the system. So carry over feature should only populate from that specific user ID's last note.

Kristi D.

Great Company Through and Through

Reviewed on 2017/03/07
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I just want to say after all of the demos and conversing back and forth with other software companies before making my final decision, I must say it was all worth it, when you know you made the right decision. Alora has proved themselves to be not only the company that I chose to put all of my agencies documents in their hands but also a company that I can depend on. They are available late hours which is very important for us in the Pacific timezone. The support staff is awesome and very knowledgeable of the software. Issues are resolved promptly, prices are fair and my nurses love it. I definitely picked a winner with Alora and I am proud to say so. Thank you guys.

Pros

Availability, assessable, web-based, scanning capability, and easy to use

Cons

The only thing I don't like is that you can't view the scanned documents from the Alora Plus (web-base) but you can view it from Classic (desk version). I was able to voice this concern with the owner (whom is not hard to get a hold of (another plus)).

Kati C.

Continued Customer

Reviewed on 2018/03/27
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

This system can be very easy to use and train others. I do everything from clinical to billing and it’s pretty easy.

Cons

I hope they are not growing too fast that my needs and requests sit on the back burner. I’ve seemed to get slower responses from Alora when I really need the changes complete or things to work right. Otherwise I’m the one putting in more work.

Jessica T.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

I enjoy my expierence while working with the Alora product.

Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Alora is simple to use and helps streamline the health care process. It is helpful when it comes to charting as well as the scheduling aspect.

Cons

I have not ran in to many cons with the Alora health care system. I would say the only con I have encountered is downloading Alora on apple products.

Marcy R.

Easy to Use

Reviewed on 2018/02/01
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

There are not a lot of extra steps to this system. Everything is user friendly, simple and up to date with all regulations.

Cons

I do not like the lag in the system sometimes. When this happens I am able to talk to someone and they get the issue corrected quickly.

Judy W.

An Example of Going Beyond

Reviewed on 2016/09/28
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

With the screens that I work with daily (not on the clinical side), I like the ease of having almost all the options on the admission screen to where I can go from one screen to the next and still be within the patient's file. I have the ability to write emails within the software and create a separate folder within the mail to store those. I like it when Alora "predicts" or anticipates my date range, etc., does spell ck (wish all screens had that), F5 capability (again wish more screens had that), bringing over data from previous admission on a re-admit (still bug on med profile being addressed/rolled out), and of course....last but not least the customer service is so helpful.

Cons

The lag time in enhancements, the process of how enhancements & possible bugs are fixed based on how many customers have expressed concern over that same issue, & lack of flexibility within some screens. See some of the items mentioned in the first question.

Mathew M.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

A Great System Overall - May Lack Specificity for Some Applications.

Reviewed on 2019/04/02
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Overall, I think it was a good system. For our particular specialty, it lacked the specificity we needed for many of our forms and the EVV system was better on other platforms. The lack of specificity in the forms meant a lot of extra work on our end, to create many of the documents that we regularly use for Medicaid authorization renewals.

Pros

My favorite component of the system is one that is often underrated, the dashboard. The dashboard is not only visually appealing, but well organized with lots of helpful information at a glance. The system seemed very flexible in the sense that you can free form a lot of things. If you already have a very specific setup for many of your forms, this can work really well for you as you.

Cons

The downside to the flexibility of the forms is that it lacks specificity. This means that, out of the box, you will have more work to do in setting up your forms than other EMR systems. It take s a while to customize many of these forms which takes time and effort away from the daily business.

Beth C.

Mostly Good!

Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Easy to use and set-up is nice. I that thing carry over from one chart to the next or one note to the next.

Cons

That sometimes it runs slow or boots up off. But you can usually log back on and start where you left off. Sometimes it takes more than one try to upload something into EHR.

David R.

Payment summary issue

Reviewed on 2016/03/10
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Very helpful and work to get issues resolved. Everyone is quite professional and personal at the same time.

Cons

The system has glitches in it making my job more difficult to work around the issues ie; there is still not a fix in Alora for the same billing code, same date with different shifts to populate on a single line item on the claim. This causes the claim when submitted electronically to see the second line item as a duplicate entry and does not pay causing me to change it in the other online system. This can be time consuming if there are a lot of entries and a lot of claims in this situation.

Jessica T.

Easy to set up

Reviewed on 2018/03/27
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

I like how simple this system is to use and train people on. It never takes me long to get people to navigate where they need to.

Cons

I’ve had a bad experience with customer service before but it was corrected internally and she is no longer an issue.

Evelyn D.

Alora classic

Reviewed on 2018/07/16
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Easy to learn and friendly user. I love the reports, very useful. The supports answered fast, they will email the next day

Cons

The only thing I dont really like is the MSP claims are still not fixed. I still have to do it manually

Khalif H.

User friendly program

Reviewed on 2017/06/07
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

The program is user friendly. With no training at all, I was able to navigate the system with ease.

Cons

Not always able to easily add features our company needs such as tracking falls, infections, or any other identified QA such as ER visits.

Talhia D.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Alora, the best of the best!

Reviewed on 2017/06/08
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Alora has been like a dear friend to our company for many years. It is an easy to master software with user-friendly layouts at every turn. I am a pro at this and I can barely use my own smartphone. I absolutely love this program and can confidently recommend it to any serious Home Health Care start-up or well established company as their primary business related software. Alora listens to your feedback and updates their software regularly to meet ever-changing industry needs.

Cons

There are little to no cons about this program. I have been using it for years and the only issue I have ever had was a server wide slow down once or twice that was cleared up within minutes.

Sally D.

The Personal Touch

Reviewed on 2017/10/15
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

When starting the agency many years ago, software was one of the decisions I was most nervous about. So glad I went with Alora!

Pros

Intuitive; excellent customer support; receptive to requests for modifications; value for money. Love it!

Angel D.

Director of Business Development and Clinical Services

Reviewed on 2017/01/31
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

We recently decided to go with Alora and so far it's impressive. I would say it is very user-friendly and offers so much more than others. We spent several months looking for several software companies and all options and Alora was among the top that was a complete system. One other company that is very well known actually had fewer features and way more money. For homecare, this is by far the best choice.

Pros

The set-up and support to get started are extremely easy and fairly short process. User-friendly for the staff of all levels. Great for billing, payroll, and scheduling.

Cons

A little slow and not as well established with hospitals, doctors office, and discharge planners. It would be nice to have an interface with EPIC, PCC, and others or be familiar to those that use those systems.

Julie A.

Service

Reviewed on 2020/11/18
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

The customer service is great and the hours available are great too. This is the main reason why I have decided to stay.

Pros

Desired features.

Cons

Batch billing. I could not find how to delete a batch billing that was created. I am able to create a batch bill but not able to delete it. Why not?

Emily R.

Alora Love

Reviewed on 2020/11/16
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

We love it. We're glad we switched while we were small because switching now would be a ton of work.

Pros

We initially looked into Alora so we could switch from paper charting to computer charting. I chose it because I like the way the nurse note is organized. We were also happy to be able to have patient files, employee files, scheduling and billing all in one place.

Cons

The admission assessment is 35 pages long.

Johanna O.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Excellent program from an excellent company

Reviewed on 2017/06/08

I recommend Alora.

Pros

Alora Home Health Care is our primary business software. We use it for all functions related to the business including scheduling, HIPAA compliant patient and caregiver information storage, administrative level tracking of employees via a convenient telephony system, and company financial electronic paper trails. Alora is the soul of our agency and without it, we would be lost.

Cons

The customer service department is not always easy to reach but when you get someone on the phone, or someone calls you back, you feel like you are very special to them. They take your problems very seriously and they know what they are doing.

Enrique L.

Interesting and educational.

Reviewed on 2018/05/24
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

You've got a great support team who always have been able to help, eitheir they know the answer or don't!

Pros

I think this software is esay to use. It's the inly software for home care I've used as I'm new to the industry, and pretty fast I was able to handle myself in it.

Cons

The introduction of Alora Plus hasn't been very smooth. There are some functions, specially reports which don't work in Plus or Classic. Also the interface, for certain things I prefer Classic and for others I prefer Plus.

Nita C.

Great customer service

Reviewed on 2016/09/16
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Easy to use. If I have question or need help with a issue can contact Rachel and if she can't help me at that time she can give me a time she will be available to call and settle my issue. Very good customer service.

Cons

All orders, visit notes ect. needs to have patient ID number on every page. With CMS requesting ADR's and I'm mailing copies of episode to them, I find myself having to manually add the patient ID number to these pages which can be very time consuming.