Heidi S.

Adaptive Product with Responsive Support

Reviewed on 2021/01/22

Pros

Grow has been great for presenting a lot of complicated data from different sources in ways that make the results clear. While sometimes the software is limited, that is made up for by the excellent support. They understood their products strenghts an current limits and were able to provide me with the code that I needed. At the same time, they were working to improve the software so that I could easily do what I wanted in the future without the extra help.

Cons

At times, it isn't clear how to get what I want. Also, while they are working to improve this, Grow doesn't always take data from external sources in the best format so I have extra steps to manipulate the data to work with Grow.

Response from Grow

Thanks so much for your feedback, Heidi! We're coming out with a lot more data warehousing in the next few months so that should make it easier to manipulate the data.

Kristopher K.
  • Industry: Biotechnology

Amazing Visual and Connected Ability Dashboard

Reviewed on 2016/10/05

Grow does two things really well. The first is the visual appearance of grow is amazing. They have done a really good job in making it look great. It makes people want to buy and use the product. My entire team is exciting for us to finish up the dashboards and roll it out. The ability to have multiple dashboards for different divisions on your team is great.

The second thing they do really well is the ability to connect all your data in one place. As a small business that is building from the ground up, we have data coming from multiple location, Google Analytics, Dropbox, our website, quickbooks, etc. Now we have a central location that we can look at all the data. It has allowed us to look at our whole business in real time.

Where grow falls a little short on is the ability to manually create. Everything looks great but sometime you cant show all the necessary data you need to, in the way you want to. The metrics are static and you dont have the ability to manipulate the data the way you want to, like where a number goes or create a needed metrics. For the most part some of the things we are trying to do are more robust, that typical businesses might not notice the constraints. Grows dashboard inability to be flexibility in its designing makes it hard, if there is something your really want to show but are unable, you are kind of locked in

The main complaint is the full screen mode. We love the look and feel over it but for us where we would use this the most would be in a presentation. Where we would present the different dashboards. We dont like how you cant click to the next dashboard. The only option is to wait a minute or exit out and go to the next. If you have to exit out you lose the dramatics that the full screen dashboard creates. I have the ability to scroll over the numbers in full screen but I cant just click next dashboard. That part makes no sense to me. I can live without a metrics because it looks so great but If I cant present it, that creates an issue.

Overall, it is a amazing tool, that I believe my company will be growing with. It has got great reception from everyone that we have shown too. And the main purpose is it is suppose to sell the business and how well you might be doing. It does a great job doing that. The customer support is really great. The people at grow are really helpful. Having a support team that can assist you means a lot. They are looking out for your success.

Cheers

Pros

I like the look and feel of grow. It looks really now and not outdated. It really is a great looking product.

Cons

a) Some of the metrics are sometimes not as manipulative as we would like. Where we would like to move around a number or something. They are more static.

b) The real big one is the full screen mode. We love the look and feel over it but for us where we would use this the most would be in a presentation. Where we would present the different dashboards. We dont like how you cant click to the next dashboard. The only option is to wait a minute or exit out.

Solid BI Dashboard Solution

Reviewed on 2019/01/30

It's been great to build out the dashboards that we need to see what's working in real-time so we can make smart, data-backed decisions, in real-time.

Pros

As a marketer who tends to geek out on performance data, it's been great to have a solid dashboard solution that allows me to connect multiple data sources, aggregate all the data and slice and dice to create visual charts, graphs and tables that paint a clear picture of how our marketing initiatives are performing.

Cons

Again as a marketer (vs. a data analyst), there is a bit of a learning curve at first when figuring out how to leverage Grow's data manipulation and filtering tools. But the Grow team has continually made improvements to these systems, which have dramatically improved the metric/dashboard building experience. My main criticisms, which are probably not unique to Grow, just revolve around the integrations that they provide. They are still missing some popular platform connections that we need.

Glendon T.

Gem of a product

Reviewed on 2016/08/23

The product allows you to pull in data from different sources of your company (and combine them) and build visualizations. It also supports custom SQL queries on the data sources. It basically turns them into SQL tables and then lets you query them. They also support excel type features.

The company is definitely early stage and has a bunch of things to iron out but I love the design the vision of the product and think there is huge potential here.

If you are familiar with Salesforce and the Dashboard app, Grow is what that should be.

It supports multiple users and custom permissions for each user. Which is great for sharing the dashboards and reports with Investors / Interested parties without giving them everything.

Pros

The list is long, this product has so many nice features, I was told when we signed up that they have a 90+% retention which doesn't surprise me. I'd just give it a shot if your looking for dashboard, visualization software.

Cons

There are some really basic things missing from this product that would make it a lot better. There is no "pivot table type" feature which for ETL is a basic feature and I'm surprised they don't have it.

The application runs slow. Given the complexity of the visualizations and dashboards I'm not surprised, the amount of javascript that must be under the hood... But still its really frustrating to work with at times due to speed. For all the criticism salesforce gets its super fast and reliable and that just counts for so much.

Alexander B.

Hands Down Best Decision

Reviewed on 2019/07/26

The benefits we have realized is the ability to more quickly identify shifts in business trends as a result of live data streams

Pros

What I like most about this software is how easy it is to use and how Grow is constantly striving to make changes that add value to their clients.

Cons

Honestly can't say I have ever had an issue that wasn't already being solved for by Grow's development team for a future release or wasn't something that their support team couldn't help me solve.

Alec D.

great onboarding and simple integration

Reviewed on 2019/07/26

We've acquired a number of new businesses over the years. While we have integrated most of the financial functions into one system, we still have a number of service systems that needed to be joined for executive reporting not involving spreadsheets. Grow.com makes our reporting fast and easy and allow us to make timely decisions.

Pros

Grow makes it easy to connect a ton of different data sources.
The UI is quick to learn and easy to understand.

Cons

The integration with our CRM took quite a bit of effort to establish, however Grow has since simplified the integration.

Alexander B.

Grow is AWESOME

Reviewed on 2018/10/01

Overall we've been really pleased with our purchase and overall experience with the product and the reps

Pros

I like how we can manipulate data from multiple sources all in one easy to use platform. Allows us to create dashboards that are far stronger than any one platform could provide.

Cons

Sometimes it's difficult to know when to use certain features within the Grow but their reps in the chat box are super responsive so when in doubt I always ask!

Jessi D.

Easy To Use, Great Visuals, Tremendous Value

Reviewed on 2018/10/03

It has been awesome, I would definitely recommend them!

Pros

Grow provides an interface that lets you easily transform and manipulate your data into awesome visuals.

Cons

The older version required more SQL knowledge, but with their new builder it has improved!

Jake G.

Great company

Reviewed on 2018/10/03

Pros

Have enjoyed the interface, ease of implementation and all around experience. Really helps us to put data in one place and make it easy to make adjustments.

Cons

Not really anything. Satisfied. Grow has been super helpful

Bubba F.

Grow is the best value in analytics available

Reviewed on 2017/04/19

Grow is incredible. We rely on it for our daily operations to measure the effectiveness of our product solutions as well as internal processes. Grow enables decision makers at various levels of responsibility in our company to be predictive for both internal and external forces that affect the bottomline. As a COO, it affords me the ability to establish goals and benchmarks for my leaders to digest and make decisions on without long meetings just to get up to speed on the data. Instead, we now focus on the "why" behind decision points that are supported by the data. I highly recommend Grow and am happy to offer tips to make the most out of its capabilities.

Cons

Responsive design for iPhone.

Tomas A.
  • Industry: Package/Freight Delivery

Feedback

Reviewed on 2019/08/09

We using grow to report on top level reports and using it for team leaders to be able to manage staff using information provided from dashboards.

Pros

That we connect to database using SSH and all other major data sources. Easy to set new dashboards up and share with team.

Cons

Lacking customisation and not good to get complex dashboards on it. Depending on size of dashboard and connected/calculated data sources sometimes Grow is crashing and reports can not be accessed or updated.

Annoying that you cant index headers for reports from database.

Get ready for a significant - more than 100% - price increase.

Reviewed on 2021/03/09

After paying Grow for professional services to help us migrate to a less buggy version of their system, I received an email from an account manager whom I had never met asking for a “check in” call. The call wasn’t a check-in. It was notification that Grow was raising our price more than 100%. I was told that Grow’s prices were actually going up more than 3x but that they would be doing us a favor by only doubling them.

My initial salesperson connected me with with Grow’s VP of Revenue. Identified in his professional email as “Mr. Revenue,” their VP spent the first 10 minutes asking me about my kids and family. He then offered me an 85% increase in price and a two-year contract term to “lock it in.” The reason for the price increase? To satisfy their investors.

Needless to say, we’re no longer working with Grow. We found a more robust platform at a lower price.

Pros

Easy to connect to various data sources.

Cons

The platform has been very buggy, especially their spreadsheet functions. Moreover, they recently raised our price more than 100%. They know that the switching costs are high, particularly once you have invested the time to setup your metrics.

Caleb H.

An incredible tracking tool at an incredible price

Reviewed on 2016/08/23

Has given us transparency into every aspect of our business. We have always built metrics ourselves, but Grow has now allowed us to change systems with ease, since Grow acts as our window into any system we decide to use.

Pros

Tons of native integrations. Pretty easy to pick up and use. Pricing beats competitors by a landslide.

Cons

Sometimes it is slow.

Layne B.

Easy to use with many integrations

Reviewed on 2019/07/25

Strong customer service, especially valued in the beginning when you're learning the system.

Pros

Ease of set up including the integrations, and the metric build itself.

Cons

Refreshes use to be time consuming, but recently improved.

Schaeffer A.

Looking to centralize your sales and marketing dashboards? Look no further.

Reviewed on 2017/12/19

Visualization into our ROAS, and one central place for all of this data to live.

Pros

I can use it. They've taken a complicated problem and made it simple enough for non-technical people to use and setup. I've now got a central place to go check all of my different ad campaigns from every channel, tied to the revenue that we capture in our database. It's truly magical.

They offer a 1 month free trial and require you to meet with a data consultant 1x a week so you can onboard with ease. More companies should be doing this - I bet it converts like a boss!

Cons

Really reaching here - would love some color scale conditional formatting so I can quickly see the good/bad/ugly of cpcs or ctrs.

Solid white-label dashboard solution for marketing analytics

Reviewed on 2018/02/07

Pros

Affordable white-label offering that can be fully-configured for my customers and become a revenue driver for my company

Cons

There's a bit of a learning curve at the beginning. Leveraging Grow's onboarding is highly recommended. I've also found that SQL is often needed to build queries, so some knowledge of SQL is helpful.

Dashboards presenting our client data tell the stories we need to tell

Reviewed on 2019/07/18

We are an agency and needed to show the data we reported each month to the client in a way that told the story better than a spreadsheet of numbers. Our clients typically need to share this with their internal leadership too. Our metrics are unique to the programs we offer and each client has different KPIs to measure, so we need a flexible (but not overblown) tool to accomplish this.

Pros

Extremely flexible because you can grab data to input anyway you like. If you can prepare your data in a google sheet, then you can easily import it and update it regularly.

Cons

The calculated data tabs are slightly difficult to use.

Ivan S.

Orgainzed Data with clear visual aids

Reviewed on 2018/05/08

Pros

I review this program on a weekly basis to see how our company is doing with it's numbers. It shows a clear picture if we need to pick up the pace or if we are doing just fine. I like the graphics that are in sync with our numbers.

Cons

Sometimes, the graph didn't match our actual data, but it was a tiny difference. With customer support we were able to figure it out. Thanks Grow!

Jon S.

We use it with google sheets and our crm

Reviewed on 2018/09/14

My overall experience has been really good. I have already recommended the software to one another contractor

Pros

We use it to import data from google sheets and our CRM called JobNimbus. I love the fact that we can take the data break it apart and then strength back together to gather a series of data points for just about any type of report that is needed.

Cons

It takes some time to understand how to filter and sort the data but once you have it understood it’s easy to change and manipulate.

Kody K.

Grow is great

Reviewed on 2018/10/01

Pros

Their customer service is professional and friendly

Cons

There is nothing that I dislike about this product

Grow Support

Reviewed on 2018/10/01

I've had nothing but positive experiences working with everyone at Grow, they are very responsive, supportive, and flexible to meet my needs.

Pros

They done a fantastic job of take a lot of the SQL programming out for those of us end users that are not from the IT or Analyst realm.

Cons

Good question, I've only used for the past 6 weeks and haven't found anything I don't like. It's just a matter of digging and using the application to learn.

Richard L.
  • Industry: Accounting

Grow.com

Reviewed on 2018/10/01

Pros

Grow is awesome at helping you manipulate and view data. It has lot's of awesome features included to allow someone to start building a dashboard with little experience, but the ability to dig deeper with SQL interface.

Cons

Grow is improving so there will be some changes occasionally. For example, some buttons may not be where you remember them being.

Micaela G.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Great resource for businesses & business owners!

Reviewed on 2021/01/21

Great experience, I use it everyday and it gets the job done on time and looks amazing.

Pros

I like how easy it is to customize and utilize, very efficient, clean and is impressive to present.

Cons

There isnt anything that I don't like about this application

Response from Grow

Thank you for your review! Glad to hear it's been great for your presentations.

Ionut S.

Fast and informed decission making

Reviewed on 2018/06/29

Pros

I always wanted to see the whole picture, crystal clear and without any missing pieces. Grow helped us to better understand the market, trends and to be more productive in our case, lighting fixtures. Thank you

Cons

Depending on the device, the dashboard can get stuck for acouple of seconds, that is all I would fix at it.

Olivier josh C.
  • Industry: Higher Education

Useful BI for Decision Making

Reviewed on 2019/04/11

Grow seems to be a command center steering companies into success by processing data related to a more efficient decision making.

Pros

Dashboards within the software can be highly customized and serves its relative purpose. Data across a huge source can be a factor into making useful decisions. Access within the application is easy with a variety of OS and devices ready for use. Data updates is also a huge advantage among other BI software.

Cons

The software excels at what it does, and most of the lag we encounter may be from our end (ISP, computer software). We have not encountered any major issue for now.