Grow

vijay
  • Industry: Textiles

Unlocking Data-Driven Insights with Grow's BI Platform

Reviewed on 2023/02/25

Grow has been nothing short of amazing in our experience. We like how simple it is to connect and explore our data, as well as how it can surface insights for everyone in our organisation to make data-driven decisions. We also like how their no-code full-stack business intelligence (BI) platform combines data integrations, data warehousing, and visualisation in a single user-friendly platform. Overall, we are very pleased with Grow's performance and eager to continue our journey with them.

Pros

Grow's simplicity and ease of use were particularly appealing to me. Its powerful yet simple features allow you to easily connect, explore, and surface insights from your data. When compared to traditional tools, the no-code platform saves time and money, making it accessible to any organisation regardless of technical capabilities. Furthermore, the customer service is excellent, and the team goes above and beyond to ensure that users get the most out of the software.

Cons

We haven't discovered anything we dislike about Grow. The platform is simple to use and intuitive, making it an excellent choice for businesses of all sizes. We also value the ability to share insights across teams, which enables businesses to make data-driven decisions quickly and effectively. Overall, we strongly recommend Grow's no-code full-stack BI platform to any organisation looking to up its data game.

Jeff
Jeff

Not your average SaaS BI company. Grow is something special!

Reviewed on 2018/03/21

Pros

What separates Grow from the other players in the SaaS BI reporting software space is three fold.

1) Price. I had a call with DOMO and actually laughed when they told me what their platform would cost me each month. Grow is affordable for small agencies, startups and small to mid sized companies - especially when you factor in the ROI it generates.

2) Ease of use. We looked at MSBI but it's complexities - especially around Google Analytics made getting our reporting up and running extremely expensive. Grow makes connecting data sources super easy. I was up and running with basic reporting the day I signed up.

3) Data scientists. In my experience with SaaS software, their onboarding calls can be a big time waster, simply because the people performing the onboarding, are not experts in the field but rather lower level employees who were trained to follow a predetermined onboarding process. My onboarding at Grow was presented by a real data scientist! Not only did he provide excellent training on the software, he made suggestions on how to tweak my reporting needs to show greater value to my clients.

The combination of these three elements come together seamlessly to create a truly viable alternative to Microsoft BI, DOMO and Tableau. Watch out big guys! Here comes GROW!

Cons

Surely I could find something bad to say right? Not really! I guess if forced I would say that they need to be easier to find on the web. I would have started using Grow months ago - had I known it was out there. So, get those marketing guys to work! Hey - I'm a marketing guy - put me to work!

Tomas
  • Industry: Package/Freight Delivery

Feedback

Reviewed on 2019/08/09

We using grow to report on top level reports and using it for team leaders to be able to manage staff using information provided from dashboards.

Pros

That we connect to database using SSH and all other major data sources. Easy to set new dashboards up and share with team.

Cons

Lacking customisation and not good to get complex dashboards on it. Depending on size of dashboard and connected/calculated data sources sometimes Grow is crashing and reports can not be accessed or updated.

Annoying that you cant index headers for reports from database.

Microsoft Power BI

Reasons for Switching to Grow

Connectivity to database using SSH.
Christian

Data Analyst Review

Reviewed on 2023/08/02

I would say it's a fair experience overall. Needs to be more adaptable to data quantity when multiple connectors are in use.

Pros

I mostly like the built in Transforms.

Cons

I certainly think the connectors could be improved.

Looker and Tableau

Reasons for Choosing Grow

Looker has terrible version control.

Looker

Reasons for Switching to Grow

Cost
Christine
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Great entry-level BI tool for the whole organization

Reviewed on 2023/07/27

Has helped connect Marketing and Sales and Program Management in order to have the whole team thinking holistically about the program.

Pros

Very easy and fun to use. Wonderful customer support.

Cons

No Marketo support, dropping Twitter/X support and now losing the ability to upload spreadsheets.

• Industry: Management Consulting

You need a Grow.Com Expert to Setup a Dashboard

Reviewed on 2023/08/14

Pros

There are lots of integrations and the customer support is quite helpful.

Cons

You cannot setup a dashboard easily. It is not for non tech savvy people. Even as a techie, I couldn't setup one right off the bat.

Powermetrics and Databox
Daniel

Great Product for analytics

Reviewed on 2023/08/10

Great tool, our business gets a lot of use out of it.

Great tool, our business gets a lot of use out of it.

Pros

The ease of creating new metrics and building dashboards.

Cons

Sometimes dashboards do break, we have had a couple of instances where things have needed to be fixed by Grow - their support has always been great.

Lincoln

Expensive Tool, That's Great for Mid-To Large Market Companies

Reviewed on 2023/07/28

Pros

Full stack BIAll the essentials you need in one platformThey can use any etl or their own to get data into the platform

Cons

Missing some nice to have features like alerts

Derick
  • Industry: Hospitality
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

Grow delivers exception value

Reviewed on 2023/08/02

overall we love the product. it saves us a lot of time and opens up our analytics playbook.

Pros

easy to deploy, requires very little coding

Cons

there's a bit of learning curve but overall its great

Amber
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

Great

Reviewed on 2023/08/17

Pros

Easy to use and helpful support. Was able to maneuver through program easily.

Cons

Nothing. On my user side there wasn’t anything.

Christopher
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Easy to use & powerful tool!

Reviewed on 2021/04/28

Pros

The team constantly works on making everything easier and more powerful as it already is! By offering connections to dozens of external tools and the most used Database Providers you can join together your data in a matter of no time.

They had a big update not long ago which totally changed the way you can analyze your data. By offering dashboard filters you are now able to leave your data as granular as possible and filter all metrics inside a dashboard with just a few clicks. That way you don't need to create new metrics for every question you get asked but instead just deep dive into your already existing charts by adding more filters.

The support is always super fast and helpful and they are happy if you tell them which features you'd love to have in the future. If you are looking for a tool that is both suitable for super-experienced users but also for people who didn't work with data by now I'd definitely give it a go and get a free trial version.

Cons

Overall I can't tell you anything negative!

Response from Grow

Thanks for the great review, Christopher! We're glad it has been such a great tool for you and your team.

Lauren

Good use for reviewing trends

Reviewed on 2023/03/01

Pros

We are able to share real time data with clients while campaigns are running and they can see multiple platforms at one time.

Cons

The graphing capabilities are not as extensive as some of the other software systems. It doesn't pull in visualizations of creative.

Benjamin

Connectors + Dashboard in one place, limited visualizations

Reviewed on 2023/03/09

Some connectors are unreliable or hard to use such as LinkedIn Ads where all campaigns need to be manually selected by the user. The alternative is to use LinkedIn Ads data warehouse but this feature broke a few weeks ago

Pros

Easy to use. Support has been pretty strong. Some of our feature requests have made it to the product over time

Cons

Often times connectors get disconnected, and data doesn't get refreshed. Visualizations are limited. Filtering/Slicing is very limited

Ian

Review Request

Reviewed on 2023/03/06

Loads of potential non realised!

Loads of potential non realised!

Pros

Nothing specific stands out for me on grow

Cons

App view is poor, system is very clunky not slick. Connection inconsistent views are very basic

Pia

Data Solution To Track Performance

Reviewed on 2023/02/21

It has changed my life to analyze our marketing campaigns across all of our major channels. It aids in the data's visual analysis for us. reporting that is easily shareable and editable across multiple platforms in one location.

Pros

The majority of the integrations that most users require are present. Reporting that is simple to prepare and has all the data you need to see metrics and figures. It enables everyone on the team to create goals and is highly configurable.

Cons

It occasionally seems a little odd. Learning how to create metrics required a lot of time. I really wish there was a tool that kept a live, dynamic list of corporate benchmarks.

Andrew
  • Industry: Photography

Downturn in reliability

Reviewed on 2023/03/16

Pros

Disappointed with Grow at the moment. We need support. Who is our account manager.

Cons

Used to work well. Metrics not working on a regular basis then start working with no changes at this end.

John
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Revolutionized our small business

Reviewed on 2019/07/18

Having the ability to see data from so many sources for our finance, support, marketing, and sales departments at a glance without having to pull data every day and make pivot tables each time is absolutely critical for us. Our leadership team is able to make crucial business decisions more quickly and more easily thanks to Grow.

Pros

How easy it is to import information from so many sources; and that setup of metrics is easy but we have the option to be as complex as we want/need.

Cons

We use our metrics from laptops to TVs displayed around our offices. There is no way to know how large or small the metrics are on any given device. I wish that we had a grid or template so that the dashboard can be customized for a specific resolution or screen size without hours of trial and error.

Fred
  • Industry: Banking
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Grow just so-so

Reviewed on 2023/07/30

I thought it was fine but not very impressive

I thought it was fine but not very impressive

Pros

The UI is looks good / modern. Our use case for Grow was reporting a specific metric and it is a good tool for reporting.

Cons

The filters are kind of finnicky and I found I would refresh them multiple times and get different values back after each refresh

David
  • Industry: Motion Pictures & Film

Grow helps you to grow

Reviewed on 2023/03/13

Its helpful on a daily basis.

Its helpful on a daily basis.

Pros

I love the dashboard, its simple and its also easy to just cut and paste into presentations. It helps us to stay on top of our numbers and KPIs.

Cons

As a normal users I feel its sometime s a bit hard to do changes in the dashboard.

Tim
Tim

Quick Insights for Quick Wins. Saving so much time

Reviewed on 2022/02/02

Pros

I like the quick insights and ability to pull data from most of the platforms, CRMs and places where we need to pull data from. This has allowed me to quickly look at our strategy and make decisions from one place

Cons

It's not as easy to make changes than I would like to

Response from Grow

Tim, thank you for the review! We value your feedback. It's great to hear that you have been able to save so much time by using Grow.

As to your comment about difficulty making changes to metrics/dashboards, have you checked out Dynamic Views yet? This is a newer feature that allows you setup your account in a way that metrics automatically filter by the user who has logged in. Saves loads of time and doesn't require building/editing as many dashboards. https://email.grow.com/dynamic-views

You can reach out to your account manager or [email protected] if you have further questions.

Best!

Alexander

Hands Down Best Decision

Reviewed on 2019/07/26

The benefits we have realized is the ability to more quickly identify shifts in business trends as a result of live data streams

Pros

What I like most about this software is how easy it is to use and how Grow is constantly striving to make changes that add value to their clients.

Cons

Honestly can't say I have ever had an issue that wasn't already being solved for by Grow's development team for a future release or wasn't something that their support team couldn't help me solve.

Josh
  • Industry: Human Resources

Easy to use, easy to understand

Reviewed on 2023/02/28

It has been positive and I would recommend it to other people who need a BI solution. It is easy for your frontline employees to use and the reporting is simple enough for pretty much everyone to understand.

Pros

It brought all of the data together so we could see what was happening. We were able to plan better for what was going to happen that year. We could also collect resources to show our customers when needed.

Cons

Sometimes the reporting would break and it would take several levels of support to fix it. We had former Grow employees and sometimes it would even take them a while to get the data fixed.

Deepali

Good online web-based trading platform

Reviewed on 2023/02/08

The architecture is secure and your transaction is conducted securely, the transaction will nearly always be completed and you will receive the units you ordered. Both a trading and a demat account require no fees to start an account.Personally, I have invested into stocks and redeemed without issue.

Pros

Grow provides free account opening and no ongoing maintenance fees.The Grow app is to be downloaded from the Google Play Store and the App Store for users of Android and iOS smartphones.

Cons

Even though it's a chat window, sometimes responses take hours. no help available round-the-clock.

Kyle

Great! But no Klaviyo Integration

Reviewed on 2023/08/10

Pros

Grow was easy to build charts and visualize data into a dashboard.

Cons

Lack of connectors for several platforms. Needed something for Klaviyo which didn't exist.

Brian

Amazing tool for combining all of your disparent data sources together into one dashboard

Reviewed on 2018/07/18

Pros

It integrates with so many softwares. If my tool is not integrated than I just use google sheets instead. I can always get data into this system and display it how I want.

Cons

I dislike the visualization options. They are pretty basic with locked down functions. It would be great if you could customize the colors on a pie chart, force a max and minimum y axis (example, I have bar graphs with accuracy as a percentage. I cannot have the top of the chart at 100%, its always 115-120%. It doesn't make alot of sense.

Its a young tool, so they are improving it constantly. I have faith this platform will only get better over time. I would def recommend it to anyone, especially on a budget and is more of a DIY BI person.