Airtable

Duncan
Duncan

Must-Have Blend of Spreadsheet and Database

Reviewed on 2023/11/26

Airtable is fantastic. I've made it a part of basically every publication and content hygiene process we have, and have recommended it to all our clients. If you work in marketing, this tool should definitely be at the top of your software stack.

Pros

Airtable has been a genuinely game-changing piece of software for my business. I can't think of another tool that makes managing the content lifecycle so effortless. The way you can organise bases, set up automations, and easily manage everything from social media to email campaigns to content assets is exceptional, to the point where I've made it an integral part of our content processes with clients.

Cons

Overall, Airtable is an excellent tool. If I was being picky, the two negatives that have stood out to me are the pricing (it gets quite expensive if you have multiple users working in a base) and the fact that it's not great at certain types of data management due to the way records work. You can't necessarily replicate everything you can do in Excel/Sheets here; it's much better as a way to track and manage assets than as a mathematical tool.

Maddie
Maddie
  • Industry: Computer Games
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Airtable is our data management system

Reviewed on 2023/08/28

Using connections, we connect records in Airtable to other services like Eventbrite, Asana, MailChimp, and more. Workflows are then finished with the help of automation. While it's possible to find a template that fits your needs, it's well worth your time to learn how to create your own.

Pros

Airtable is a simple, collaborative database app. As long as the engineering team isn't too huge, working together on a bill of materials (BOM) is straightforward. One of my favorite features is the ability to create filtered views that are unique to each user.

Cons

When a company's workforce size increases, Airtable's price tag skyrockets. The options for exporting are restricted. Airtable is not the place to store documents. Airtable does not support complicated equations. The user interface isn't always the most obvious.

Perry

Using Airtable

Reviewed on 2024/04/18

To maximize the potential of Airtable, I would recommend taking advantage of the platform's shared bases feature to collaborate with team members, as well as exploring the various templates and integrations available to tailor the tool to your specific needs.

Pros

Overall, Airtable has greatly improved my workflow and organization by providing me with customizable databases, filtering and sorting options, real-time collaboration, and unique use cases such as CRM management. I have created a database where I can input all the necessary information such as project names, deadlines, assigned tasks, and priority levels.

Cons

Multiple users can edit and view records simultaneously, the lack of in-app communication tools (such as chat or comments) can make it difficult for team members to discuss and track changes.

Jenn
  • Industry: Food Production

Airtable leaves potential on the table

Reviewed on 2023/10/07

Pros

Airtable presented a lot of diverse data in a concise, easy-to-understand way. Airtable safely contained project details shared among many participants, and was a central resource for completing and tracking our work.

Cons

When there is a large data set, X and Y axis headers are condensed in a totally unusable way. Even if the window is expanded, the data labels are completely illegible. Is there a way to remedy this? Probably, but who has the time to find it within Airtable's bloated universe. Excel and Google Sheets are probably sufficient for average users, but Airtable is the trendy new guy in town.

Traci
  • Industry: Online Media

Full of features with lots of customization

Reviewed on 2024/03/25

Pros

All the cool features are synced together in one software program. I love how it is a spreadsheet but you can customize it with so many other options such as attachments, links, text boxes, images, dates, etc.

Cons

It has a steep learning curve. Two years later I am still trying to figure out all the great features.

Rachelle

Airtable helps us keep organized

Reviewed on 2024/05/10

I didn't really like airtable in the beginning but as i became more accustom to how it works I like it now

Pros

Airtable helps us organize our projects andtasks

Cons

Automations can be a little tricky along with interfaces

Alec
  • Industry: Online Media

Used for effort tracking

Reviewed on 2024/06/03

Really good. Extremely easy to pick up and adopt department wide.

Really good. Extremely easy to pick up and adopt department wide.

Pros

Easy to communicate with my director about day to day activities.

Cons

Nothing to do with the product. I don't love how it was used in our organization, but the functionality was simple.

Tracey

Expense Reports made easy!

Reviewed on 2024/05/02

Pros

We use Airtable to report our expenses. We are able to upload receipts and provide information that is then collected to a database.

Cons

Nothing! I love the ability to have drop down menus as well as custom fields and the ability to upload supporting documents

Michaela
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Excellent app!

Reviewed on 2024/05/21

Pros

Simplicity of use, user friendly, customizable. This app is incredible.

Cons

It was confusing at first, but you easily get the hang of the apps features!

Flexible and Intuitive Platform for Organizing and Managing Business Data

Reviewed on 2024/05/26

Pros

Airtable has been a versatile tool for managing my business data, allowing me to create custom databases and collaborate with clients seamlessly. The platform's intuitive design and easy integration with other apps have made organizing projects and tracking tasks a breeze. Airtable's various view options and powerful filtering capabilities enable me to analyze information efficiently, streamlining my workflow and boosting productivity.

Cons

Airtable's performance may slow with large data sets, be mindful of data volume and complexity.

• Industry: Higher Education

So close to perfect!

Reviewed on 2019/11/25

Overall I appreciate and enjoy my use of Airtable. I really like its capabilities for tracking projects and tasks. If it was FERPA compliant it would be my one-stop shop for project management at work!

Pros

Airtable is fantastic for project management, especially if you need to share your work with others. I recently used Airtable for a week-long event at my workplace with many moving parts - several events per day, many catering contracts, many chaffeurs and cars to keep track of, etc. I love that Airtable gives you the option to categorize entries and sort by category. Using Airtable helped me keep track of all my tasks involved in coordinating the events.

I also like how easily you can share it with others and work on it with others. The interface is clean and works well for me both on my desktop and tablet.

The last thing I like most about this software is the ability to have an attachment field. When coordinating travel for myself and others, I appreciate being able to attach our flight itineraries, travel approvals, and any other important documents directly to the table. It's a great way to keep it all in one place.

Cons

Airtable does have a bit of a learning curve that took me a while to navigate. I did not find their introductory templates or videos as helpful as I would have liked, so it took me longer than anticipated to get used to the software and really start using it on a daily basis.

Lastly, I really wish Airtable was FERPA compliant. I work in higher education and so I cannot manage ALL my projects and tasks in Airtable, just the ones that don't involve student data. This splitting of softwares depending on which project I'm working on is kind of a pain and interrupts my work flow.

Shawn
Shawn
  • Industry: Photography

Great Amalgamation of a Spreadsheet & Database

Reviewed on 2020/03/22

I have used AirTable in several areas of my life, but the best example is with a high school program I volunteer with. We have 150 students with 15 advisors, with over 100 data points, in 20 locations. Prior to AirTable, keeping track of everything was a nightmare. Something as simple as trying to contact a student involved either all advisors adding all 150 students into their phone contact list (and update every year) or calling the lead advisor who had to look through a stack of papers to find a number. With AirTable it was as simple as typing in their name and pressing their cell number which automatically dialed them up. I could go on and on about how much AirTable has changed the way I do many aspects of my business and personal life, this was just an example to show how easy it makes things.

Pros

The fact that basically all database applications I tried were basically meant for enterprise-level businesses, and generally required a steep learning curve to even set up. I only needed basic database functionality, and to be able to easily edit single or groups of entries. AirTable solved this perfectly. Also, the team over there seem to be constantly adding on new functionality, which I see and realize that could solve problems I did not even realize I had. The best part is just how easy it is to use. I have some people on my team that are far from tech-savvy, and with a quick overview, they were even able to utilize it.

Cons

Their forms have a bit to be desired, but that is mostly just the appearance when I send them out. Also when sorting and filtering, it requires 3 or so clicks, when I think they could make it one.

Oracle Database and Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Switching to Airtable

Other products were too complicated to set up and use effectively, So I did not use them. AirTable is really in a class of its own as far as I can tell.
Mayank
  • Industry: Animation

Airtable enables to keep track of the entire project management process

Reviewed on 2020/12/29

Airtable is my favourite project management platform that provide extensive features about project management and covers all our needs during development process.

Pros

Airtable connects our team to each other during the project development process and makes it possible to work in syncronization. Project manager can define the roles and the permission of each particular team member in a very flexible way.

Cons

Customer support is late to respond to the cases that we have created in support center and pricing plans are not flexible, 4 static pricing plans are not sufficient for this kind of a feature rich platform. User should be able to select the limits in a more flexible way.

Bynder

Reasons for Choosing Airtable

Airtable's features met our company specific project management needs better then Bynder.

Bynder

Reasons for Switching to Airtable

Airtable was a better match to our specific needs in terms of project management.
Eduardo
Eduardo
  • Industry: Design

Once I started using it, any other table option makes me turn off

Reviewed on 2022/08/18

It absolutely gives me the edge in planning my work.

It absolutely gives me the edge in planning my work.

Pros

Just the variaties of ways to show data - table, kanban, gallery, calendar, timeline, form! Its incredibly versatile and means you can craft it to many different types of people from CEO, to Marketing, to Finance.

Cons

The only downside I can see is that the per-seat amount can get high for multiple team members, I wish this could be lower or to only include core team members in that amount while having 'visitors' that have less access in the document.

Jotform

Reasons for Choosing Airtable

Excel really feels like software from another century, undoubtedly it is powerful, but it is also exteremely limited in its capabilities.

Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Switching to Airtable

Jorform was seen more from the forms functionality, but Airtable had more powerful options for table views.
  • Industry: Publishing

The Backbone Of Our Inventory And Recurring IT Expense Tracking

Reviewed on 2022/10/23

The problem of tracking our computer assets and which user is using the device has been solved. We change hands for our devices very frequently so this has helped us to easily change an assigned user for a device at a moment's notice. Also we are able to improve on our inventory being able to easily capture serial numbers by scanning hardware and taking photos to correctly identify devices.

Pros

The flexibility to add data from multiple devices and also multiple persons at the the same time.We used AirTable mainly for our Inventory tracking which is very dynamic as most of our assets change hands frequently so we can easily update who is assigned what device and for our recurring IT expenses we are able to easily track every recurring expense and see at any time the total expense for the month.

Cons

We have been using Airtable for over two years and to date we do not have any feature missing. Our experience has been very favorable.

Angelo

Powerful and Flexible Database Management with Airtable

Reviewed on 2023/01/15

Overall, Airtable is an incredibly powerful and flexible database management tool that makes it easy to capture, organize, and access data. Its intuitive interface and powerful features make it easy to customize my database to fit my needs. While it can be expensive and overwhelming for some users, its learning curve is manageable.

Pros

Airtable is an extremely powerful and flexible database management tool that allows me to quickly capture, organize, and access data across multiple platforms. Its intuitive interface makes it easy to set up and manage my database, and its powerful features allow me to customize my database to fit my needs.

Cons

Despite its powerful capabilities, Airtable does have some drawbacks. Its pricing structure can be confusing and expensive for some users, and its customization options can be overwhelming. Additionally, some users may find its learning curve to be steep.

Dida
  • Industry: Furniture

Airtable for the win!

Reviewed on 2023/09/23

Airtable allows our team to easily search for jobs and communicate with each other through the system.

Pros

I love how versatile and moldable Airtable is. You can customize it to fit your business needs. We use forms to capture new customer inquiries and store all of our project management data within it. We use automations to reduce human error and stress on employees so they can focus on customer service and problem solving.

Cons

We needed to build out a customer portal and at the time, we were not able to do it all in Airtable so added on a couple of other products to make it happen but were still happy when it began to work.

Victoria
  • Industry: Newspapers

Airtable- A need for Project Management

Reviewed on 2023/10/16

AMAZING! cannot stress how useful Airtable was within our recruitment department. We needed it every day to track our open roles/where candidates were in the process as well as overall project management. THIS IS AN AMAZING PROJECT MANAGEMENT TOOL FOR THOSE IN NEED! Keeps projects very organized, as well as great for collaboration between teams/departments, and tracks progress/ what needs to be done very well!

Pros

LOVED AIRTABLE AND WOULD 10/10 RECCOMEND. Soooo useful for project management to see where you are in the project, what needs to be done, and when things are due. AMAZING for collaboration! We used it for our recruitment team for our candidate tracking database. We used it every day to track where they were in the process if they were advancing to the next step, or if we needed to reject them. We linked their GH and LI pages for easy contact as well. Additionally, we used Airtable for our 2023 project tracker and were able to easily organize tasks within groups such as GH management, DEI initiatives, and CRM. It was easy to see what our team was working on, completing or planning to complete.

Cons

It is pretty tricky to figure out how to use it at first but there are many trainings to watch to learn. This is probably my only concern with Airtable, everything else is great.

Shayla
Shayla
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Great project management and efficiency with Airtable

Reviewed on 2023/11/27

The seamless integration of databases and project management features has not only streamlined my workflows but has also sparked creativity in how I organize and visualize information. The platform's adaptability makes it equally valuable for personal projects, team collaboration, or complex data management tasks.

Pros

The best feature of Airtable, in my opinion, is its unparalleled flexibility in organizing and visualizing data. The combination of a spreadsheet-style interface with the power of a relational database opens up a world of possibilities. The ability to create custom views, link records, and collaborate in real-time makes it a dynamic tool for projects of any scale.

Cons

The pricing structure, especially as the team size grows, can become a consideration. More transparent pricing tiers or additional features in the lower tiers could enhance accessibility for smaller teams or individual users.

Ibrahim
Ibrahim
  • Industry: Automotive

Best Database for a Non-Coder

Reviewed on 2021/04/26

I love Airtable because I am able to build simple but useful custom programs and databases while knowing basically zero code. Although there are really key features that stop Airtable just short of perfect, it is still leagues better than a normal spreadsheet for sure.

Pros

Airtable has the power and functionality of a database but is as easy to use as a spreadsheet! As someone who sells software (saas), Airtable allowed me to essentially create programs for my clients even though I do not code. Airtable sets the new gold standard for what a spreadsheet should be able to do. i cannot go back to a normal spreadsheet now.

Cons

There are a few critical features you'll run into that stop this software from being perfect unfortunately. It's a shame too because they seem very obviously needed and demanded; things like having storage space increase option past premium plan limit, writing formula across cells from multiple tables instead of just the same table, etc. I have hope these things will be part of the development roadmap soon though.

Google Sheets and Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Switching to Airtable

Airtable is a database, not just a spreadsheet. It allows me to build more complex programs complete with automations, integrations, & an API. A normal spreadsheet just can't match that.
Patricia
Patricia

Game changer

Reviewed on 2019/04/29

Our team uses Airtable as a centralized location to track our project progress. We've even hacked it as a CRM on occasion, and used it for event planning, reporting--anything that requires you to organize lots of information in a standardized way. The resistance to using yet another platform was strong at first, but once we got into it, everyone has become an Airtable advocate.

Pros

When a co-worker recommended Airtable, I was predictably skeptical. Who needs yet another spreadsheet software I said, with an internal (ok, maybe external) eye roll. But this is no mere spreadsheet platform. It is the only one you will ever need. Ever. Again. The functionality that make it worth it to switch from Excel or Google Sheets might seem insignificant when you look at them on a features list. Colored labels, grouping, filtering, view options, etc. But you have no idea what a big difference they make! Airtable makes it possible to put in all the data you have, but the key to its success is it lets you filter it down to only the essential information you need to see to make the decisions in front of you. It's the database that actually helps with decision-making. And the more I use it, the more uses I find for it!

Cons

There are very few cons to Airtable. It's simple to use, and the potential is limitless. Once you start putting bases together, you just don't want to stop! One thing that is slightly non-intuitive is the relationship (or lack thereof) between different "tabs" of data. Read up on those before you go that route. You can also start getting out of hand pretty quickly with creating lots of different views, but nothing a little intentionality can't address. We trained our entire team on using Airtable for project management, and it's been the best decision we ever made.

Bryn
  • Industry: Entertainment

A Near-Perfect Collaboration Tool, No Wobble to This Table

Reviewed on 2021/04/16

Task and project management with a large team of executives, editors, coordinators and supervisors in an 95% Work-From-Home environment.

Pros

The visual element of this software really sets itself apart from others. This was an easy transition coming from an entertainment background where most everything was done on note cards. Here's a brief list of the good:

- There are multiple views catering to organizational preferences of whichever user is utilizing the software.
- Alerts are set up easily and can be automated to limit the amount personal email communication needed. Meaning that when a cell is altered a member of the team can get an instant notification.
- Data management is a breeze, attaching files to the Airtable sheet is as simple as drag and drop and allows for multiple people to edit the same documents.
-Labels and color coordination help to add order to projects with lots of moving parts.

The bottom line is that this software is near-perfect for a team to work collaboratively on a common goal and limits the amount of needless communication that usually drains a companies productivity.

Cons

Permissions could be a little cleaner when working in a dual authentication paradigm. The learning curve is pretty steep, rightly so, in that this is a very versatile software with lots of bells and whistles and it would behoove the user to watch some of the Airtable produced learning content.

Vasilis
Vasilis

A good organizer.

Reviewed on 2022/04/05

That's the one app I am using all day. Restrictions, everywhere, as it's a kind of pseudo-database, but something like an improved excell sheet with database in it.
Its my preferred app because of the easy fast way to organize my work.
Sharing tables with colaborators may be tricky because charge may come higher than you thought.

Pros

This is the case, when I can only tell cons, however I am using Airtable every day, organizing all my business with it.
It's not a powerful database like Caspio for example, there are lots of things don't work as should. BUT it's a handy, internet based database, allowing you to easy create views, and see information sorted, to hide fields ot group by a field it's probably the best way in my opinion, you can view the information the way its most productive for you.
check boxes, multi-select or single select fields, autonumbering and a range of colors you can use to see information , easy way to introduce colaboration with "Make" - ex- Integromat , and Zapier and Jotforms and more makes Airtable a handy tool.
I would not give 5 starts to any of its features. And still is the application I use everyday to plan my jobwork.

Cons

Deduplication fields. Guys, please: I need to deduplicate all lines, pressing one button. Why can't you include the option 'dedup all' - on my own risk and I have to do it one-by-one and ask me if i agree?
And the 'merge option' is buggy.
Automations are buggy. It's a feature supposed to run javascript code, that's not exactly working here.
Also, to combine tables and fields, as they say it's handy but doing many things here one by one, and can't press to apply some rule to all , is really missing.
However, if you do small tasks, it's probably the best app.

karan

Powerful Collaboration tool, I just love it

Reviewed on 2022/12/17

I have had a positive experience with Airtable so far. I have been using it for a few months now and have found it to be a great tool for organizing and managing data. It is easy to use and understand and allows me to quickly and easily create and update databases. I also appreciate the ability to customize tables and views to fit my needs. The customer service has been helpful and responsive when I have had questions or issues. Overall, I am very satisfied with Airtable.

Pros

1. Easy to Use: Airtable is a user-friendly software that is designed to make it easy to create and manage databases. It has a drag and drop interface that allows users to quickly create tables, add fields, and enter data. 2. Flexible: Airtable offers a wide range of features that can be used to customize and manage databases. It is also compatible with a variety of platforms, including web, mobile, and desktop. 3. Collaboration: Airtable makes it easy to collaborate with others on projects. It allows users to share tables, collaborates in real time, assign tasks, and manage projects. 4. Security: Airtable has a variety of security measures in place to keep data safe. It offers encryption, two-factor authentication, and other tools to ensure that data is secure. 5. Integrations: Airtable can be integrated with a variety of third-party applications, such as Google Sheets, Slack, and Zapier. This makes it easy to extend the functionality of Airtable and automate processes.

Cons

1. Limited customization options - Airtable does not offer as much customization as some other platforms.2. Limited features - Airtable does not offer features such as reporting, advanced analytics, and workflow automation.3. Limited mobile support - Airtable does not offer a mobile version of its interface.4. Limited scalability - Airtable is limited in its ability to scale, as it can only handle a certain number of records and fields.5. High cost - Airtable is one of the more expensive options for database software.

Rafael Antonio
Rafael Antonio

The first of its class

Reviewed on 2023/07/17

It is really great. Consistence is maintained across the months and I didn’t experienced any data corruption or problems. User activity debugging is really fast and easy too.

Pros

The interface and ease of use are unbeatable, so much so that the competition does what it can to copy it.On the other hand, the speed and ease of maintenance makes it incredible for handling a large amount of data: filtering, automation, etc.

Cons

The price is incredible high for managing a small business but the free tier is enough for most of the tasks.

Stackby

To get the best

Stackby

Reasons for Switching to Airtable

This is the best even in mobile.