Showing 83 reviews of 72

Ruzanna M.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Saves time for the team

Reviewed on 2020/11/23

Pros

Reference automation is a great way to save your team valuable time.
It's user friendly, easy to use from both candidate and HR perspective.
You can create a customized questionnaire for your company.

Cons

No real cons that I can think of.
Maybe look into integrating it with our ATS (applicant tracking system) Breezy HR. It would be great to save all the data in one spot, rather than 2 different software.

Response from Xref

Thanks for your review, Ruzanna.

It is great to hear that you are benefiting from the time saved through online reference checks through Xref. We know how important it is to have a user friendly and time saving process to help through the busy hiring times.

We are always looking to increase our reach and would love to discuss the potential of integrating our systems. Please contact us via our customer success team and we can look into the possibilities moving forward.

Chase B.
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Reviewed on 2020/11/22

Very good when filled out correctly

Pros

The ease of use, fast and user friendly

Cons

No being able to see the details of the references that are filled out, some clientele are old and will just delete without help

Response from Xref

Thanks for your review, Chase.

We are glad to hear that you have seen the benefits that come through using Xref for online reference checks.

We are always looking to improve our service and we appreciate your feedback regarding the visibility of references. I will make sure that this feedback is passed to the relevant team.

Jennifer M.
  • Industry: Hospitality
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Xref reference checks

Reviewed on 2020/11/16

This is a super easy way to conduct the essential reference checks which are vital in hiring.

Pros

Quick and easy to use platform. It was very easy to monitor how the candidate is progressing in reaching out to their references. I get very good feedback from previous employers.

Cons

I usually have to refamiliarize with the site as I use it infrequently but it's not daunting at all.

Response from Xref

Thanks for your review, Jennifer.

We are happy to hear that you are benefiting from the ease and efficiency of online reference checks through Xref.

We understand how important this stage is within the hiring process and we look forward to continue helping you in the future.

Paul H.
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

You cant afford NOT to use XRef

Reviewed on 2020/01/15

I took time for us to get uptake from the consultants, and we do not use XRef every time, but it is essential tool for us when we are refencing contractors, and high volume roles, not as relevant for our executive search business.

Pros

1. Saving consultants time (and hence us money)
2. Turnaround of references
3. Quality of references
4. Pricing model (not Saas)

Cons

1. Getting consultants to change the way they work, which was helped by XRef hiring a customer success manager
2. Not having the opportunity to business develop when reference checking

Response from Xref

Thank you for your great feedback, Paul.

We are happy to hear that you are experiencing the benefits of automated referencing and that it has saved valuable time for your company.

We also offer a service called People Search which can be used as a powerful business development tool.

Please reach out to your dedicated account manager to learn more or to have People Search turned on.

Thanks again for your feedback, Paul.

Fiona M.

Xref, makes compliance simple

Reviewed on 2020/01/14

Well run implementation that delivered what they promised and on time. Xref were happy to work with our other software vendors to implement streamlined and integrated processes for us.

Pros

It is a system that gives us the confidence that all our staff are compliant with legislation and takes the administrative burden from us. It makes the employee the star of the process.

Cons

It can sometimes be confronting for employees with a lack of computer skills go through the process the first time.

Response from Xref

Thank you for your great review, Fiona.

It is good to hear that you have been able to benefit from the ease and simplicity of the platform. We're delighted that you and your team also feel more confident in your hiring process, having switched to automated references.

We do our best to make the platform as user-friendly as possible while delivering a compliant, high-quality service but we appreciate your feedback about the employee experience.

Thanks again for the review!

Rebecca S.

Reviewed on 2020/07/23

I love it. I love the fraudulent pick-ups too.

Pros

I love that I can enter someone's details and let the magic happen behind the scenes.

Cons

Logging in. I often select the 'remember my password' and my username populates, but I never remembers my password, and it's annoying. I get it's for security purposes, but I wished I could just open xRef and it takes me straight to the platform.

Response from Xref

Thanks so much for this great review. We appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback.

David S.

Fantastic Product a MUST HAVE for all Recruitment teams

Reviewed on 2020/07/31

I have LOVED it!! Its given me so much more time to use for sourcing and other vital parts of my role that were filled up with over the phone reference checks.

Pros

Its so easy to use and it keeps you updated every step of the way on both sides of the process (Candidate/Employer).

Cons

Nothing is wrong with this product its top quality and doesn't need any updates.

Response from Xref

Thanks so much for this wonderful review. We're so happy to hear that you're enjoying the platform and that you are getting so much benefit from implementing this system into your hiring process.

Shelly D.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Blue Care User review

Reviewed on 2020/07/23

It was a great experience and I have been advised that we will be continuing on eventually to use the system as it was a trial for us originally and I can wait until I can use it again.

Pros

This is the first time my organization has used online reference checking and it was a great experience as it puts the responsibility back to the applicant so you can tell who really wants the role and who doesn't. It is very time effective for myself who does a lot of reference checking of applicants and it frees up a lot of time for me do other things in my day. It is really ease to navigate and access and I really like the way that the finalized check look and are laid out.

Cons

I think is is probably just our company's use of the system but I personally like more options of types of reference checks as we only have 1 option for all different streams and occupations at our company and it would be good to have them more specific to roles for each stream.

Response from Xref

Thanks so much for your review, it great to hear that you are enjoying the platform. Many of our clients use multiple templates for different roles, it's easy to set up if you'd like to try this out. Feel free to get in contact with our customer success team who can help you set these up.

Michelle R.
  • Industry: Printing

Head Office - Konica Minolta Business Solutions (Canada) Ltd. - Review

Reviewed on 2020/01/08

Excellent.

Pros

the speed and ease of using the software. Fast turnaround time.

Cons

The results of the background check is not available in PDF. I think it would be a good idea from the time the user opens the file to have it exportable into a PDF or word format.
As well upon responding to the review. there was no drop down selection for our "Industry Type". I selected "Printing" which is our Old traditional business but we have evolved to Business Solutions.

Response from Xref

Thanks for your feedback, Michelle.

We are glad to hear you have benefited from the speed and ease of the platform.

We are always looking to improve the service we offer and appreciate your feedback.

Adrianna Z.
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

Overall really convenient software

Reviewed on 2020/07/28

Pros

I really like the convenience and user friendly dashboard. It's easy to use. Overall is very useful tool which we often use to get an overseas references or contact the managers outside of the working hours or on the weekends.

Cons

I don't really like that we cannot edit grammar mistakes in the final file as the report is available in the pdf file only. I understand the compliance reasoning, but it doesn't look professional and our clients don't understand the reason behind it.

Response from Xref

Thanks so much for this lovely and thoughtful review. We understand where you are coming from about making grammatical edits to the report, however, as you know we take security very seriously and wouldn't want to run the risk of losing integrity. We will take your comment into consideration though as there is always room for improvement.

Joan Z.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Xref Review JZ

Reviewed on 2020/05/05

I used this to complete a reference for a candidate for another company. It was good, convenient, and easy. There are improvements that can be made and it may be on the company side to utilize the program better but the design was appealing and easy to the eye.

Pros

I like this way of responding to a reference request. Instead of writing a long letter and making sure it is grammatically correct and professional enough, it was much easier to fill out the form. It also gave me a direct way of answering what they were looking for in the candidate.

Cons

It was confusing when first starting off using this site. It presented the questions and categories to fill out but only the questions but not how it needed to be answered, like if it was a multiple-choice response or if it was an essay style. When I went to answer I wasn't sure what to expect or how to answer the prompt.

Response from Xref

Thank you for your review, Joan.

We are glad to hear you had a positive experience while completing a reference using Xref.

We are always looking to improve our platform and we appreciate your feedback regarding the candidate referral process.

Thanks again for your great review.

Jeff K.
  • Industry: Hospitality
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

it works, sometimes too well

Reviewed on 2020/01/13

it is a time saver and it quickly separates the wheat from the chaff

Pros

ease of execution
1 button press and then you wait.

Cons

3 applicants have told me they find the system too aggressive, it keeps coming relentlessly with the requests for references

I was actually a reference for someone and I as well found the requests to answer the reference a bit aggressive

Response from Xref

Thank you for your feedback, Jeff.

It's great to hear you are experiencing the benefits of automated referencing.

It is possible to change your preferences regarding the reminder emails to alter the frequency of the alerts. Please reach out to our customer success team for further assistance with this via [email protected]

Thanks again for your great review.

Aimee Y.

Support is wonderful

Reviewed on 2020/07/23

Amazing, have been in constant contact with my reps, they are informative, friendly and helpful! This has saved me a lot of time, especially since we have been busy. The time turnaround for completed references has been amazing as well.

Pros

Visibility is great, one screen which shows the status of every candidate and where what stage their reference is at.

Cons

Ability for multiple users to see up to date information. E.g. If I open a reference on the other persons login it shows that the reference hasn't been opened.

Response from Xref

Thanks for the review and for your feedback, it's helpful for us to know. We're glad to hear the platform is helping you to save time!

Charlene K.
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Intergrates well with Page UP

Reviewed on 2020/08/19

It has been a very efficient way to get references completed in a much faster time frame. Has saved on Admin time for recruiters also.

Pros

How easy it was to request Checks via our recruitment system and the reports come back into the system, viewable without having to log into Xref site.

Cons

Having to wait for Verify Codes for each login.
Not being able to customise comms and logos for multibrand company.

Response from Xref

Thanks very much for your feedback! We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review.

Connor M.

Reviewed on 2020/07/23

Pros

Enjoy speed of use. Tracking down phone numbers and sectioning off time with references to go through the questions takes everyones time.

Cons

If we only need one reference, we have to ask the candidate to send the other xref to ourselves to send through the one. It would be great to have a feature that allows you to modify the amounts of references on demand

Response from Xref

Thanks for taking the time to provide this review. We appreciate your feedback.

Tracey M.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

X-Ref easy way to obtain references

Reviewed on 2020/07/28

Love it, easy, stress free.

Pros

Easy to use, automated so takes the stress out of following up. Like the way it tracks if candidates are using same IP.

Cons

When you sign in you have to get a code all the time, this often does not work and has to be updated to get the reference and delays sign in.

Response from Xref

Thanks so much for this review. That is helpful feedback for us to consider when we update our platform.

Alex C.
  • Industry: Executive Office
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Great product that's delivered the most value!

Reviewed on 2020/07/28

Positive investment and one that has delivered great returns including more time back in my day.

Pros

The product is not only easy to use but functional.

Cons

We have had a few referees who have not enjoyed the online reference checking process but that's nothing to do with XRef but rather the users.

Response from Xref

Thanks so much for your review. We appreciate that online reference checking can definitely be a new or challenging experience for some. We hope that the overall efficiency and ease of the experience outshines those situations.

Glenda D.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Reviewed on 2020/08/04

I found it to be helpful with the recruitment process.

Pros

The program cut down the amount of time required to do reference checks. It also gave a report which was helpful.

Cons

I haven't ever used another product to compare this to.

Response from Xref

Thanks so much for your great review. We're glad to hear that you're enjoying the platform.

Shane D.
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Intuitive recruitment software

Reviewed on 2020/11/22

Excellent

Pros

The live comments and links to email are great

Cons

Some issues when applicants have multiple profiles due to number of roles available

Response from Xref

Thanks for your review, Shane.

We are happy to hear that you have benefited from the efficiency that comes through using online reference checks through Xref.

We appreciate your feedback regarding multiple profiles and will make sure this is passed on to the relevant team for future updates and improvements.

Henrik s H.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Great product with high validity.

Reviewed on 2020/08/04

Great product with high validity.

Pros

Ease of use and high quality on rapports

Cons

Not easy to tailor-make the questioner when you are not an administrator

Response from Xref

Thanks so much for your great review.

Alan T.

Great product

Reviewed on 2020/11/29

Pros

Easy to use for both parties. Simple and effective layout.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind or with how it could be improved.

Response from Xref

Thanks for your review, Alan.

It's great to hear that you are benefiting from the ease and efficiency that comes through Xref reference checks.

We understand how important it is to make this vital step as easy as possible for all parties involved.

Thanks again fro your review.

Claire P.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

The best online reference check solution

Reviewed on 2020/01/13

Xref have been great to deal with, from the initial sales meeting with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], to giving us a trial period and then great support from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and the team once we committed 100% to the product. We hire over 1000 staff a year so to have a tool that will support a quicker turnaround time is brilliant. We couldn't be as effective as we are without it.

Pros

Easy to use as set up of candidates takes less than a minute, ability to customise templates, which s great for us as we have many different role types to reference against, ideal for volume recruitment as you don't have to spend time chasing phone references when you have so many other recruitment activities to do, the IP address tracking - we have had a number of candidates trying to be dishonest and this has assisted us in ensuring we are hiring the right people into the organisation who are going to uphold our values.

Cons

Would like the ability to turn off or change the reminder emails to referees and candidates so that they don't send on a weekend or public holiday. If you are setting your candidate up the day before for example they get reminder emails coming through on their "day off". We do get complaints from referees on occasion.

Response from Xref

Thank you for your great review, Claire.

It's good to hear that we have been able to help streamline your recruitment process.

We are always working to improve our platform and we value feedback from our customers. We will pass this on to the relevant team internally. Please feel free to contact your Customer Success Manager if you ever have any further thoughts or feedback to share.

Thanks again for your great feedback.

Amanda M.
  • Industry: Government Administration

Reviewed on 2020/01/09

Positive! customer service has been awesome and the company has shown openness to input and enhanced their platform.

Pros

Easy to use and creates an efficiency in my work flow to avoid the back and forth with references.

Cons

While it's a fairly straight forward platform there is alot of individual windows that require me to go in and out for each reference on each candidate.

Response from Xref

Thank you for your review, Amanda.

We're happy to hear you're benefiting from the time saved through the ease and efficiency of the Xref platform.

We are always looking to improve our platform and appreciate the feedback.

Thanks again for the great review.