innRoad

Hotel Management, Simplified. Get Started Today!

Sarah
  • Industry: Gambling & Casinos

Definitely choose Innroads when user support matters

Reviewed on 2017/12/11

The reason I did not rate the price / value was I'm a Reservation Agent and unaware of the rate paid, definitely not because I think it unfair. I do however feel like with the customer support they offer 24/7 being superior than any I've dealt with I wouldn't even enter price in to my decision equation. It's like having great car insurance, price is irrelevant if excellent support is available when you need it.

Pros

Ease of use, tutorials available, articles/how to guides just by searching a related term/word even if generalized. Hands down best customer support agents who don't stop if they aren't able to answer a question, instead they take it to a specialized team who proceeds with the inquiry/issue. They've followed up via email and phone every time I brought things to them. (I'm the squeaky wheel & utilize customer support a lot!) When responding to a feature availability inquiry the response has always been thorough and/or if feature was not currently an option they've taken it to a design team who has implemented it when possible. Their customer support has made reservation life so much more efficient.

Cons

A few quirky things about the program are puzzling, but not deal breakers. I was an opera user before and miss the feature of having everything about a person and all charges and history be available on one screen in pop ups ~ it was like all my sticky notes right where I could see them with the guest in front of me.

Dave
  • Industry: Hospitality

Great for our property! We're a smaller boutique hotel with 11 guest rooms currently. We're...

Reviewed on 2018/05/05

We've been using InnRoad for almost three years now. We've used three PMS/reservation systems over the last 12 years and this is by far the best we've used. As you work with them they will help you to build a better marketing presence and to optimize your mix of direct bookings on your site versus relying on third party reservation systems with high commission costs

Pros

Reliable and comprehensive reservation system for your own website and to automate and integrate connections to take reservations from third party reservation systems. Haven't encountered any over/under booking issues. We were able to set up packages and bundles to implement different rate structures and strategies (room only, bed & breakfast etc). Customer support is quite capable and impressive given the large number of smaller businesses they're serving and supporting.

Cons

User interfaces cram a lot of capability onto each screen by using small and somewhat cryptic graphical icons with limited or in some cases, no text. In the long run, this is a good thing, because it facilitates powerful quick navigation.. but, in the early going it adds to the learning curve to remember what the icons mean. But this is a MINOR issue and can be overcome fairly quickly.

Kelly

inroad software review

Reviewed on 2016/12/14

Overall the new software is an improvement over the previous, and ever-changing version. Many more user-friendly features have been added that make it more natural for the average computer user (who, like me, may not spend gobs of time sitting at a desk with a computer) to use. I think the biggest issue I have with the new software is that the color scheme makes little sense. This has not been an improvement. The previous version was simpler for the mind to comprehend, in terms of what the colors meant. For instance, when, on the tape chart, a guest checked out, on the old system one could clearly and logically understand that the "grayed out" color meant guest had departed. Now, the colors actually get brighter and more colorful at check-out, and the association with activity, at least for this 59 year-old, is lost. But I will say the customer support is fantastic. InnRoad has always been easy to access and helpful, and that is why after 7 years with our two Inns we have not changed.

Pros

Ease of use, now, with things like being able to "right click", and being able to check out multiple rooms at one time, etc..

Cons

I mentioned previously I do not like the color scheme. It makes things more confusing. I think tape chart is now too confusing and too many items included on each "room".
Also, and this is the most important issue I have, is that at least HALF the time I go onto inroad, no matter which browser I am using, I am not permitted to scroll in the tape chart. It is very frustrating. I have called for help and as always inroad personnel have been very helpful, but it keeps happening over and over again.

Robert
  • Industry: Hospitality

Easy software to use and understand

Reviewed on 2022/04/12

When I first got innroad a few years ago I found the software to be a little slow but over the last year they have improved that and I have no complaints I find the customer serviced to be very available when I need them and any problems small or large they fix immediately.

Pros

The thing I like most about innroad is the software is very easy to understand and easy to train people. The tape chart offers a lot of different things and is very self-explanatory with its color codes and reference guide available at any time.

Michael
  • Industry: Hospitality

Very comprehensive system with great functionality

Reviewed on 2018/01/24

I am very impressed that I have a full property management system with back office accounting for a monthly fee and no investment. It includes a booking engine and mobile app, allowing me to have a system that compares in many ways to the property management systems of the industry giants.

Pros

The system is full of options but easy to use. Training and trainers are thorough and knowledgeable about system and patient throughout the process. They are very fast and can get you up and running quickly. Support is around the clock and case workers are there to assist with guidance. There online tools and tutorials

Cons

I signed up too early and should have waited to implement as I opened much later. Very impressive sales experience that took awhile to regain my confidence during implementation. Certain limitations, such as multiple persons in one room are not very well managed. The work around to get two names in one room is not acceptable as it alters the contact/billing information and eliminates the possibility of different prefixes for two individuals and the contact is associated with the payment processing. There are limitations to the marketing sources and sub-sources that need to be corrected, as they were clearly intended for use and were used by the first operators one can see.

Michael

Easy to adjust to

Reviewed on 2015/12/03

Pros

Although it is frustrating, I like that Inn Road allows one step to be completed at a time and you cannot proceed unless everything is done correctly. Working in a fast pace environment with hospitality a lot of things can be forgotten or overlooked because we multi-task upon multi-tasking. I've done so myself plenty of times, but the program is built to allow things to be done correctly the first time by having all the proper areas filled out. This way it limits the time one could waste backtracking to find a mistake made towards the beginning of the process or even at the beginning of the month.

Cons

The thing that I least like about Inn Road is that users can delete/void items that were done on a previous day and it can alter number totals for the MTD. The rule of thumb is to never change anything in the past!! Always do everything in real time and the date coincide with the date that the correction is being made; It is very important. To explain, an associate deleted the first night room charge on a guest that was staying 15 days total. What should have been done was to add a room charge adjustment that coincided with the actual date and type in the date it was correcting in the comment area. What was done was they deleted the posting and added a posting for a discounted percentage, but they changed the date for the posting to be for the first day. I hope this makes sense in text because it was confusing to locate where the issue was at first.

Response from innRoad

Hi Michael, I’m sorry you have encountered this. There actually is a quick way to ensure that users cannot void or delete things done on the previous day. I’ve passed along your information to our support team who will be reaching out shortly to assist you.

sofia
  • Industry: Hospitality

huge improvements in coding and intuitive application

Reviewed on 2018/04/19

We have been with Innroads through several incarnations, and we are happy we stuck it out and are where we are. The systems are super cross-referenced and allow us to navigate all sorts of reservations, from daily to weekly, to extended and groups. Thank you all!

Pros

Innroads just implemented 2 chart upgrades which make the chart much more intuitive, end-user friendly and easy to check on reservations. We welcome the constant improvements, and welcome the efforts to add features and cross-referencing.
Some of Innroads customer service agents are excellent and know how to address issues on the spot - always a delight and happy to have certain agents on the phone.

Cons

Some minor suggestions:
we are waiting for a code change to ensure we do not close out a reservation with an neg/pos balance. We envision a color change when checking out so that staff and audit is alerted to the open balance.
Another suggestion is to ensure that the night tech team is trained enough to understand the issue at hand.

James
  • Industry: Hospitality

Very good. I highly recommend this software.

Reviewed on 2016/05/31

Pros

After looking at several other systems, including a couple of the ones aimed at large, chain hotels, innRoad seemed to be the best designed for the small, single location business. We are very new to this business, so anything that could clearly improve our operations and sales is a bonus. A few things we do that are somewhat unique require creating workarounds that aren't as precise as would be ideal, but the customization available is great. Customer support and training has been really good, as well, leaving me in no doubt that the vendor actually does care about their customers. Even on a holiday, you can get live help on the phone quickly. The channel management features got us quickly online with major OTAs so we could get loads more exposure than traditional advertising would for the same cost. Already we are up 73% in sales over the same time period in the previous year! Of course, your mileage may vary. The pricing is also very competitive. I would not say it is the lowest I found, but based on every point I compared among systems, the system returns good value for the cost.

Cons

We have a vacation rental component to the way we do business that doesn't really fit the traditional inn model. This software is clearly aimed those businesses that hew closely to the inn model. I agree that their focus is entirely appropriate, but managing the kind of group bookings we do is a little harder than it would be using a system designed for vacation rentals. That said, vacation rental-based systems are far more limited in their overall scope. My only other nit to pick is that a few of the functions scattered throughout the system don't always respond reliably, but this may be more a function of the system being web-based, rather than run from a local server.

Response from innRoad

James, thank you so much for the kind words! We’re so happy to hear innRoad is working so well for you and you’re up in sales after listing on OTAs. Keep up the amazing work!

Tom

Better Than Expected as a New User of innRoad

Reviewed on 2018/05/29

To prepare myself in general for the innRoad system at the property I am working at, I spent several hours watching training videos and taking notes ONLY to find once I was at my work site that many of the procedures in the videos were CHANGED....this became quite confusing to/for me!
I also wish a written MANUAL for the operation of innRoad system for Front Desk Clerks arranged by topic: Checking in a Guest, Making a Reservation,
Ways to Make a Payment, How to take a Room Out of Service, How to Place a Room back in Service, How to....(so many basic topics) in a SIMPLE, SYSTEMATIC, 1-2-3- step format were available (or if it is, I don't know about it)...Thank you!

Pros

I like : * ease of viewing reservations through the Tape Chart
* ease of changing/moving reservations through the Tape Chart
* ability to SPLIT rooms in one seamless operation for the same guest
* customer support so far has been very helpful and usually prompt

Cons

I don't like: * seems like too many buttons to click to save, commit, select, etc. some operations
* the difference on same dashboard button All Arrivals and Pending Arrivals, All Departures/Pending Departures (seems like Arrivals should
simply show All arrivals for the date, then have another button for Today's Checked In Guests; Departures simply shows all departures that date still In House and use another button for Today's Checked Out Guests
* Also - make UNdoing a Check In or Check Out simpler

Patty

Why we like Innroads

Reviewed on 2017/03/31

We have been using Innroads since 2013. We are an independent hotel and have been really excited since they have been doing their upgrades on the system. They are constantly striving to make it easier for everyone to use. And there support team is the best. They are always there to help out with any problem that might be happening.

Pros

it is so easy to make reservations especially when it is a repeat guest. We do a lot of room blocks and they are so much easier to do now. I like how easy it is to cancel a reservation. And I love the Customer Service Team.

Cons

I don't like it when it kicks me out and I have to sign in again. And I don't like when it goes really slow when trying to do a reservation. Neither of these happens a lot but if it is slow when I am busy I don't like it. They have been working diligently to correct this issue.

Julie
  • Industry: Hospitality

Great Software for Independent Hotels!

Reviewed on 2020/07/22

We started with InnRoad when we opened the property a little over two years ago. It was a very easy process to get everything set up and training our staff was simple. I have had a great experience with everyone that I have spoken with at InnRoad from on boarding to tech support. I would highly recommend this software!

Pros

My favorite thing about InnRoad is the easy set up and the ease of use. Training the staff was very easy and recently, they have added new features which have made InnRoad even more advanced. Innroad also has great reporting forms for forecasting, etc. I would highly recommend this software for any hotel.

Cons

I can't think of anything that I would improve. Their tech support is always there if you need them.

DeLloyd

Inn Road Customer Support

Reviewed on 2018/08/11

I would recommend this software for anyone in the lodging business.

I would recommend this software for anyone in the lodging business.

Pros

The employees of Inn Road are very professional. They are also courteous and helpful whenever I have problems. I have had the software for three years and have not regretted purchasing it since I began using it. It is a very useful tool for our cabin operation. Our scheduling efficiency has been great.

Cons

There is nothing that I do not like about the program. Once customer support did not save their work and caused us a lot of extra work. This was over the solar eclipse of 2017. I had five night minimum stay and the customer support agent did not save his work so 20 cabin nights rented for one night stays versus four five night stays, but that is the only incident in three years of my working with Inn Road.

James
  • Industry: Hospitality

One year of sales growth

Reviewed on 2017/04/17

innRoad is a great fit for a small hotel or inn with a large variety of room types. We were able to create custom settings for each type of unit we have and can even have virtual rooms to meet needs that only come up in specific situations. The accounting features give us all the scalability we need for extra retail as we develop more income streams and keeps transactions simple for our guests. Managing OTA presence is a whole lot easier with the channel manager feature.

Group reservations are somewhat clunky to manage. While you can set up groups, manage single or multiple payers, and include event-related fees, there's a lot to be done. In some ways, our old paper contract system was easier. There are also some features that can't be accessed directly, but require you to call support. It appears that this is variable according to your specific account details, but you will have to ask for specifics, some times as you find a feature you now want to use that you hadn't touched before.

On the whole, this is a really strong system for a small, eccentric place. We've see our sales grow nearly 50% over the past year. While this isn't all due to innRoad, a lot of what drove that wouldn't have been possible without property management. I highly recommend it!

Gita

Such a great Experience

Reviewed on 2017/12/29

If youre looking to switch pms systems, this is by far the best one I have tried.

Pros

I have used customer service a number of times when manager is not available and time is of the essence. I have always , always, had the problem resolved. I mainly call when a guest has a billing issue and is impatient when advised a manager is not available to help me help them. InnRoad support has provided the front desk with on screen sharing as well as regular phone directions. It makes the part time front desk shifts easier.

Cons

innRoad does what it promises and more. It minimizes the work involved in managing my lodging business. InnRoad has helped to eliminate and streamline time and paperwork It should be noted as well that any system is only as good as its Support Team and hotline. I can honestly say that innRoad's 24-hour Support I also got the chance to get connected with all my channel managers super easy! (Bookings.com, Expedia, Hotels.com)

Shana

The 21st Century comes to Country Haven Inn

Reviewed on 2015/08/21

Pros

The software is easy to use. I don't have to worry about making booking mistakes. It's also very easy to alter reservations and to see availability and rates of occupancy.

The hotel was not computerized at all when I became the manager 3 years ago. After I was here 5 months a person called from innRoad and convinced us to give innRoad a try. I am of the generation that is not very computer literate and innRoad helped me implement the system and offered training sessions to our whole staff to learn how to use computers and the innRoad system. I'm not sure another software company would have done that.

Cons

I wish I understood how to delete obsolete rates. My available rates screen is too cluttered. If I were to ask, I know someone from InnRoad would walk me through how to fix that.

Response from innRoad

Shana, we’re so glad you gave us a try a few years ago and are still happy to this day. We couldn’t be where we are without awesome clients like you!

We will have someone reach out to help you with your rates. As always, let us know if you need anything!

Josh
  • Industry: Hospitality

InnRoad has been a tremendous tool that has allowed my business to reach the next level!

Reviewed on 2017/05/25

Pros

Innroads unique value proposition is its ability to consolidate many faucets of management into one easy to navigate interface. As a result, Innroads has not only saved me time in managing my hotel, but also boosted my hotel's occupancy dramatically! In combining its convenience with its fantastic customer support system, Innroads has been extremely effective in resolving booking errors and accommodating customers. After becoming acquainted with the platform, the user interface is easy to navigate and to extract information for all employees, allowing staff to focus on customer satisfaction.

Cons

Periodically, Innroads freezes and becomes non-responsive, which creates awkward situations when customers are present.

Nancy

Accessible, live support with a lot of positive, professional Friendly responsive encouraging...

Reviewed on 2017/11/18

I appreciate the fact that every time I call for support, I am able to talk with someone personally who helps right away. I have never had to be put on hold for an indefinite amount of time. Follow up phone calls were requested by me to be sure I was setting up things correctly after being walked through inventory issues. The consistency of talking with the same person is very helpful.

Pros

I appreciate the availability of support and the patience offered to help me solve problems and get through rough spots.

Cons

For a person like me who did not grow up with computers, this system seems to have many steps steps that don't make obvious sense.

Carmen

Great Home Office Staff! Complex System

Reviewed on 2018/04/10

We have been using the system for a year. Still learning. I don't know if it has increased business, but it has certainly made us more professional looking and efficient.

Pros

Support staff seem to know everything about the system, and there is so much this system can do. It really can handle all of your booking needs, but there is a lot to learn.There are videos and instructions on the help site, but it's nice to have real people to walk you thru the steps when you aren't computer savvy.

Cons

The overseas team is very kind, but not completely knowledgeable about the product. They know the basics, and can certainly help, but the weekday crew is much more knowledgeable if you are really confused about something.

Marco
  • Industry: Hospitality

Innroad does everything we need, it's easy to use. Great support!

Reviewed on 2020/06/16

Innroad is giving us all the tools necessary (and more!) to manage all aspects for our type of business, which is multiple small properties.

Pros

Ease of use is definitely a big asset. Whatever we are not able to manage get easily resolved with one phone call to support. Support team is knowledgeable and efficient; calls to support are promptly answered or returned very quickly.

Cons

We felt that a full calendar of availability was missing and such feature was recently added and it's working great for our guests.

Christopher
  • Industry: Hospitality

InnRoad has been a Blessing!!

Reviewed on 2017/04/18

Overall, Innroad is an excellent experience. The site is reliable, easy to use, and well organized. Training new employees has been much easier and faster because of the simplicity InnRoad offers. Not much room for user error. Automatic booking has been on of my favorite features, and the local support team is fast and reliable. However, the local support is only available during normal business hours. They do offer 24 hour support, but its international therefore can be a language barrier. Ultimately, I would suggest this product for any small motel/hotel owners.

Pros

Automatic Bookings, ease of use, easy training, minimal room for user error, well organized.

Cons

Local support not 24 hours, 24 hours international support tends to yield a small language barrier, occasional lengthy updates, no 86 feature available

Samuel

Easy to Use, Updated Regularly

Reviewed on 2019/11/20

I've been using innRoad for about two years as administrator and daily user, and it's almost effortless compared to our previous booking engine. The staff is always happy to assist and check in on us regularly to make sure that the software is meeting our needs and to inform us of new features.

Pros

Easy to use interface, very intuitive tape chart for current reservations.

Cons

Some features are difficult to find on your own, but their customer service is excellent.

Lucy
  • Industry: Hospitality

I had an issue with the booking system, it was dealt with quickly and professionally the...

Reviewed on 2018/03/12

Pros

awesome customer service, they are quick to respond and always find the issue. They are friendly and patient even with those (like me) who are not as quick with a computer as others

Cons

There is a lot of extra "clicking" to get to where you need to go, it can get frustrating when trying to just see the tape chart but have to go to reservations first then to tape chart, also when making a payment there is A LOT of steps that can seem time consuming when the guest is waiting

Lealle
  • Industry: Hospitality

Easy to use program but lacks some fundamental features

Reviewed on 2018/04/05

Pros

Overall the program is very easy to use and we are able to train new staff easily. We have not had any system down time.

Cons

This program lacks some major features that we need to run our business. We are unable to have a downloadable calendar (to link with 3rd party reservations such as airbnb and vrbo), this does not have an app, our work tickets can be weeks (or months) in the queue, and the online booking calendar needs major improvement.

Daniel

Innroad

Reviewed on 2022/03/10

It has a lot of great benefits and also a lot of extras that make no sense. It would be sensible to have an actual IT person and a person who works in the industry to assist in the development.

Pros

I like the housekeeping intergration. I like that they can process our CC with ease.

Cons

There are a lot of glitches. The software needs to be tested before it is put out there for the consumer to use.

Julie
  • Industry: Hospitality

Makes my reservation work soooo much easier!!

Reviewed on 2018/08/17

I am so pleased with the innRoad reservation system. We've been using it for 16 months and I keep utilizing more and more of it's features. Customer Service is top notch! Whenever I have a question, I'm able to contact their tech support and get help right away with friendly and patient staff.

Pros

The clarity of the calendar (colors showing Holds and Guaranteed reservations)
Details available within each reservation; with options for notes
Ability to move guests from one cabin to another easily

Cons

Setting up the seasons and rates is a little tedious, but once you've done it a few times it makes sense.