Total Management

4,3
Sandi B.

A Great Property Management Tool

Reviewed on 2017/01/19

Our company has been using the Total Management software for nearly three years. What a difference it has made. I handle mostly the financial aspect of the property management business. I've had a couple of issues, but the support staff is top-notch. They respond quickly and work with you until the issue is resolved. I can't say enough good things about how complete and detailed the software is and how user friendly it is! I can highly recommend this software to any property management company that's looking to make life easier, yet have access to a wealth of information regarding all aspects of their company.

Pros

I appreciate the ease of use and the abundance of information available, especially the wide variety of reports that can be generated. People with little or no accounting experience can use the software without dread because of the built-in features that takes care of ensuring everything goes in its proper place.

Cons

Recently, during a Windows 10 update, I had difficulty printing reports correctly in Google Chrome. This was not the Total Management's software problem, but until I discovered the problem was with Windows 10, I thought it had to do with the Total Management software. I was able to switch to a different search engine and print the reports I needed. So, the point of this is to give the reader a heads up.

Response from Total Management

Hi Sandi,

We appreciate you leaving a review! It's always great to hear from long-term users, and we're happy to hear that you've found our program to make a difference in managing finances!

Inga A.
Industry: Real Estate

Decent overall management software, great value and outstanding customer support.

Reviewed on 2017/01/19

It is hard to find a property management software that can handle commercial business parks and doesn't break the bank. TM isn't perfect. So many little things I wish they had done differently to make it more user friendly. But we only manage 100 units in 8 entities, we are mainly an investment and development firm. So we can't afford spending $ getting set up with Yardi Voyager or MRI, not to mention the outrageous monthly costs. And we do know people who just did spend the $ and absolutely hate their system.
So getting set up with TM doesn't break the bank and it is a month-to-month contract. The software can do everything we need it to. It can handle accounting, property management, CAM (also more complex CAM) and it can truly handle those separate entities. Now, it doesn't look pretty. Sure I wish it was looking a little more like Appfolio. It looks old school and the reports look blank and aren't customizable. But it can do a lot more than Appfolio for a commercial user, and the numbers are all there. Their CAM setup makes me want to pull my hair out. But at least it can handle it, and you only have to set up CAM once, then you can track it every month/year, however you do it. The tenant online portal looks old school and blank too. But hey, it works. Now, the payment processor they work with is RentPayment (Yapstone), and it is nice that the online payments get just show up in the system. But boy, Yapstone customer support blows. And they charge fees for ACH/eCheck payments, not just for credit/debit card payments. I know other rent payment processors who don't charge on ACH payments, which is nice for tenants.
The Total Management customer support on the other hand is AWESOME. I have NEVER dealt with a company that had this kind of customer support. EVER. You get free trainings via join.me to help you get set up and their trainers are great. I would have been totally lost without them. If the system has a glitch (which really doesn't happen a lot) you email customer support and they fix it. Although half the "glitches" I thought I found turn out to be user errors - oops. The more you get used to the software the less you have issues. I have used it for 1.5 months now and it really isn't bad to get into. Now, the data import was tough. You can use their import sheets for the basics, but you still need to manually set up late fees, rent increases, lease data. But thats the same with every new software. Overall, really good value.

Pros

The customer support, what it is capable of doing, the value.

Cons

Could be user friendlier and look more attractive.

Response from Total Management

Hi Inga,

We appreciate you taking the time to share about your experience with our program! We're glad to hear that you've had such a positive experience with our support team - We'll be sure to let them know.

John B.
Industry: Accounting

Good for simple day-to-day maintenance, but horrible for financial reporting

Reviewed on 2017/01/20

Total Management is easy to learn to use and adequate for a number of regular functions, but quickly becomes inadequate for use with multiple properties. Balance sheets often don't balance, especially when they are run for multiple properties. The available reports are inadequate for tax return and bank reporting, so most reports need to be created in Excel. The owed to/due from feature is handy, but very complicated to unravel when these short-term balance sheet accounts need to be eliminated. The bank reconciliation feature is convenient, but doesn't actually reconcile the bank statement to the books. The CAM reconciliation feature looks nice, but since it does not reflect journal entries it is useless for our purposes. The support folks usually try to be helpful, but are constrained by the program limitations, and often seem to have little knowledge of accounting.
It would be much better all around if it could be reconfigured as a front end system for QuickBooks Online. The best features are reasonable price and lack of a long-term contract.

Pros

Gentle learning curve, reasonable price, month-to-month contract.

Cons

Horrible financial reporting, unreliability, lack of completeness of utilities, lack of internal budgeting.

Likelihood to recommend: 1.0/10

Doug M.
Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Total Management Completely Changes Our Company

Reviewed on 2017/01/19

We used to administer our property management using several different programs by several different people. As a result different programs had conflicting information. By switching to Total Management, everyone has the same information. Also information that we provide to lenders now looks professional and consistent. Total Management has improved our profitability by giving us information that we never had before, and increases our collections. Total Management is not that expensive. If your company is trying to manage its properties by using QuickBooks, you are making a big mistake if you don't switch to Total Management.

Pros

Web-based so that it can be used anywhere with an internet connection. Allows you to take all of your information to meetings and answer questions on the spot. After you use it for a couple of weeks, it becomes easy to use. Customer service is excellent. It offers 99% of the features that we need. Software that had 100% of what we need is a 1000x more expensive. It isn't worth the extra cost for the few extra useful features.

Cons

There is a learning curve and its isn't intuitive, but I don't know that any software would be very intuitive.

Response from Total Management

Hi Doug,

We appreciate you leaving us a review! We're happy to hear that switching to our program has had a positive impact on The Pugliese Company!

Will N.

Satisfied User

Reviewed on 2017/01/24

There is a learning curve with all new software so it took some time to get used to Total Management. We are overall satisfied but I will share some challenges we've experienced.

1) We can only email customer support and not pick up the phone and call and speak with someone immediately. However, when we've emailed problems to customer support, we immediately got a response and an answer to our question.

2) We've been working with customer support to automatically calculate our monthly management fee, which is between 4-5% of the gross collections on each property; however, this problem is still outstanding and we've given up. We cannot get the system to automatically calculate the monthly management fee.

3) Total Management should have a budget feature in the software program. Sophisticated owners require a detailed budget, YTD actuals, etc. We are using the TM budget Excel spread sheet but it would be helpful to have everything included in the software and not have to copy and paste into Excel.

Pros

Tracks income and expenses and provides detailed reports. Easy to use.

Cons

No budget features in software. We are using the TM Excel spread sheet.

Response from Total Management

Hi Will,

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. Hearing back from our users is important to us in continuing to provide a great experience. We're glad to hear that you've found our support team helpful!

Eric M.
Industry: Real Estate

If you're looking to simply your rentals total management is the way to go!

Reviewed on 2017/01/19

We been using total management for about 3 years now and it has made such a positive impact for us. It simplified so many things for us. From the fact that no matter where I go I can log into a computer and get contact info on a tenant, to logging in an issue with them. Plus the simple process if a tenant is late can just hit a couple buttons and prints out a late notice. I searched for couple months to try to find a company that was able to meet our needs and I am glad I gave them a try!

Pros

Logging in anywhere in the world.

Cons

No app yet for smart phone, but can still use it using the browser.

Response from Total Management

Hi Eric,

We appreciate you leaving a review! It's always great to hear from long-term users like you. We're glad to hear that our program has helped Miller's Manufactured Housing Communities have a positive experience and that you're enjoying our ease of log-in access!

Kelli S.

CPSG Review

Reviewed on 2017/01/19

We've had total management for about 4 years. My experience has been great. I love the fact that I can jump on from anywhere I have internet access. The overall user ability is great.

Pros

I van access it from anywhere I have internet access

Cons

Although it's nice to look back as far as we need too, for security, I don't like that you can have more than two calendar years open for accounting. It allows for changes to past tax years after filed.

Response from Total Management

Hi Kelli,

Thanks for leaving a review. It's always great to hear from long-term users, and we're happy to hear that you've had a great experience so far! Getting feedback from our users is important in making sure that we are providing a good experience.

Joe M.

Overall very good PM software

Reviewed on 2017/01/25

Total Management is a solid online PM tool. There is a learning curve and a decent amount of training involved when first starting TM. After using TM for a week or two most things are pretty straight forward. If you do have a question, the self help tool is very helpful. If more information is needed support has always been quick to respond to any questions that we might have. They seem to be continually improving the online experience. I would definitely use TM for any future properties we acquire.

Pros

Once you catch on the ease of use is fantastic

Cons

The calendar could use some help. When I click on a range of dates in the future the end date date is allowed to conflict with start date.

Response from Total Management

Hi Joe,

We appreciate you writing a review! Hearing back from our users is important in continuing to provide a great experience. We're happy to hear that you're finding our program easy to use and that our support team has been helpful!

Tamera G.

Totally-Ahh-mazing!

Reviewed on 2017/02/01

I use this software daily. It has so many features that I am still trying to get use to daily. All in all this is a great software to use.

Pros

Easy to utilize and manage. Fast and easy for newbies to learn!

Cons

Feels like I still need training in some areas . Still so much to learn. Wish it were easier to correct mistakes such as move outs. Customer Service is hard to reach at times and get answers.

Response from Total Management

Hi Tamera,

We appreciate you leaving a review. We're glad to hear that you're enjoying the many features of our program! If you ever need help re-learning one of them, please reach out to our support staff. They would be happy to help!

Industry: Real Estate

Works well for a small portfolio

Reviewed on 2018/08/29

I used total management daily, and it is a very useful tool. It gives me the ease of multitasking to track repairs, run reports, and find resident information.

Pros

I used total management for my growing portfolio of multi family units. It helps keep us organized and offers streamlined access to reports, rent rolls, and ledgers. It is pretty accessable if you are used to this type of software.

Cons

Integration to other softwares is limited, and customer support is not the strongest.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Nicolas M.
Industry: Real Estate

It´s an excellent tool for real estate administration!

Reviewed on 2017/01/19

For this short 6 months period I have been using this software, I noticed it´s an useful and very complete tool in the real estate business. There were some things I suggested to the support department and they solve the issue in a way that I can work better right now. Keep evolving! Excellent choice of Software.

Pros

- I can access the information anywhere I am.
- I have all the information in one place.
- I can upload anything i want to the software.
- Make the sellers´ easier.
- It´s great!

Cons

- I can not translate default reports or letters.
- I can not ask for or create new reports, the way specifically I want.

Response from Total Management

Hi Nicolas,

Thanks for your review! Happy to hear that you've enjoyed our support team and the ease of access to the program. Recommendations from users like you are always great feedback.

Shawn F.

TM is terrific

Reviewed on 2017/01/19

I've been using TM to manage my multiple commercial properties for several years and simply love it. It's so easy to use and has great features as well. I recommend TM to any all property owners who want to easily and effectively manage their properties.

Pros

The simplicity and ease of use. The reporting features are great.

Cons

I love it all.

Response from Total Management

Hi Shawn,

We appreciate your review! Happy to hear that our program has helped make it easy to manage your commercial properties! Don't forget about our referral program, where you can get a $50 amazon gift card for any referral that signs up with us.

Nadine D.

Total Management provides the Total Package

Reviewed on 2017/01/19

Using the Total Management program has made the process of collecting rent, tracking expenses and doing the CAM Reconciliation for our commercial spaces a breeze! If there is a question about generating a report, the customer service is prompt and helpful. Highly recommend this user friendly program.

Pros

User friendly, straight forward and simple.

Cons

Aging on some of the reports as we were so used to using Quickbooks - it is just different..

Response from Total Management

Hi Nadine,

Thanks for your review. We're glad to hear that you're finding it easy to use our program for your business!

Kelly R.
Industry: Real Estate

This is a good system for tracking property management rents and accounting

Reviewed on 2017/01/19

Overall a good experience, the system is user friendly and the "how to" feature helps work through most problems that I have come across.

Pros

This is user friendly, edits are easy to make, you can manage multiple properties and companies with easy.

Cons

There should be a way to emailing tenants/clients allowing the ability to type a detailed message to the tenant.

Response from Total Management

Hi Kelly,

Thank you for leaving us a review! We're glad to hear that you've had a good experience and that you're finding our program to be easy to use!

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Natalie C.

My Total Management Review - NRC

Reviewed on 2017/01/19

We have used TM since July 2016. I find the software is very easy to use but we have run into some issues with reports and accounting functions that could be improved upon. For instance, the AP report is still being worked on and does not match the Balance Sheet total when credits are involved. The bank deposit detail report does not show non tenant deposits. At times the reports for AR and prepaid Rent do not match the Balance Sheet either. The accounting side of the software is not as good as the property management side. With that being said, we are still very happy with the software.

Pros

Please see my previous detail.

Cons

Please see my previous detail.

Response from Total Management

Hi Natalie,

Thank you for leaving a review! We're glad to hear that you're finding our program easy to navigate. Hearing back from our users is important to us, and we appreciate you taking the time to share about your experience with us.

Kristen P.
Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Good software

Reviewed on 2017/01/19

I am enjoying using Total Management. The set up was not great. I am not sure if it was on our end, or your end, but when the info was inputted the numbers from previous rent collections were all incorrect. I love how the rent rolls print out. I like how you can put rent escalators in there. Everyone has been helpful when I had a question. Training was good.

Pros

Rent escalators, rent roll reports - We really only use it to add rent, print reports, etc.

Cons

Set up seemed to take awhile and the numbers in put were not accurate.

Response from Total Management

Hi Kristen,

Thank you for your review! We're happy to hear that you're enjoying the rent escalators and roll report within our program!

Lauren S.

Reporting is not Great

Reviewed on 2017/01/19

I wish there were options to customize reports. The general ledger is also really bad. Other than that it works great for what we need it to do.

Pros

I like that you can work in all companies at once. I also like that you can upload the invoices into the program. I like the overall workflow and look of the software.

Cons

The reporting. I need to be able to customize reports. I also hate that buildings are set up as different entities in an accounting sense. I also hate that you can not upload a budget and run reports with the budget.

Response from Total Management

Hi Lauren,

Thanks for leaving us a review! We're glad to know that you're enjoying our document upload aspect of the program. Hearing feedback from our users is important to us, and we appreciate you taking the time to do so.

Tl H.

Work Order Function Very Useful

Reviewed on 2017/02/01

Work Order function is very useful to track repairs and maintenance. Easy to use and help to tenants.

Pros

Tracking data, copies of documents, tenant information and work orders.

Cons

Reports and showing the correct merchant payments.

Response from Total Management

Hi TL,

Thanks for leaving a review. We're happy to hear that you're enjoying many of our program's features!

Marie D.
Industry: Real Estate

Needs to be easier for a savvy, super experienced person to figure out faster without orientation.

Reviewed on 2017/02/01

The program seems limited in features to query and report. Support is sooooo hard to get and most of the time the answer is no it doesn't do that. :( -- sorry.

Pros

Screen transition very good and quick.
Color scheme very good
Arrangement of Data is good.

Cons

Query features are too limited does not meet needs.
Training and support to limited, we may have never used the program to the full.
Invoicing, reporting too limited. Customizing too limited. TEXT TOO SMALL

Likelihood to recommend: 2.0/10

Rupan D.

Awesome service

Very easy to use .
Customer service is very helpful and cooperative.
Website has plenty of information to manage the property.
Cost of services is reasonable.

Pros

Plenty of information.

Cons

I do not have any

Response from Total Management

Hi Rupan,

Thank you for leaving a review. We're happy to hear that you've found it easy to use our program and have enjoyed working with our support team!

Jessica W.
Industry: Automotive

EXCELLENT software

Reviewed on 2017/01/19

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE EFFICIENCY AND ORGANIZATION OF TOTAL MANAGEMENT.
I ALSO LOVE HOW FAST THE CUSTOMER SERVICE IS.
OUR RENTAL PROPERTIES ARE 90% MORE ORGANIZED NOW THAT WE USE TOTAL MANAGEMENT.
WE TRIED A NUMBER OF DIFFERENT SOFTWARES BUT THIS ONE SEEMED TO BE THE BEST FIT FOR US.

Pros

Quick customer service turn around

Cons

There is not a thing I dont like

Response from Total Management

Hi Jessica,

We appreciate you leaving a review and sharing about your experience with us! We're happy to hear that our program has helped increase organization and efficiency.

Sarah A.
Industry: Real Estate

A+ service and VERY easy to navigate

Reviewed on 2017/02/01

This software is easy to navigate and customer service is amazing! I have found that all task can be reached from main screen, any mistakes can easily be corrected.

Pros

Easy to navigate

Cons

It is hard to find prior tenants when they had a shared lease. It does not list them but the primary lease holder so this makes land lord verification difficult.

Response from Total Management

Hi Sarah,

Thanks for leaving us a review! We're happy to hear that you're finding our program easy to navigate and have had a great experience with our support team!

Emily T.
Industry: Real Estate

Very effective in keeping data up to date.

Reviewed on 2018/07/24

Pros

The software was used for a property management company. It was very easy and clear to use. The data stored was up to date and easy to update. I also love the feature of being able to upload all the files to each account and saving paper! Super eco friendly!

Cons

Nothing! I enjoyed every aspect of using the software on daily basis. It made daily tasks easier, like uploading files and adding new clients.

Pamela F.
Industry: Industrial Automation

TM

Reviewed on 2018/06/19
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

may need better accounting reports.

Pros

Initially there is a quick learning curve. lots of reports. Easy to keep track of inquiries, work orders, etc.

Cons

I don't like only chat for customer service. should have phone service for more complicated issues.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Kelly V.

Great Software!

Reviewed on 2017/01/19

Excellent software for managing multiple properties! Support is friendly and knowledgeable. Features are great!

Pros

everything is in one place

Cons

invoicing clients from management company is difficult

Response from Total Management

Hi Kelly,

We appreciate you leaving a review. We're glad to know that you've had a friendly experience with our support team!