Omer R.

Online Chat Support

Reviewed on 2020/12/10

I have been recently introduced to this software and it was pretty easy to integrate with our ticketing system and it is a very low budged product which we can purchase a license for each agent and we also get 25% discount on annual subscription.

Pros

We have integrated freshchat with our ticketing system and when we end any conversation on chat, we convert it to a ticket and the followup or mark this ticket as resolved and get customer feedback on our ticketing system.

Cons

There are very few details that are being fetched by freshchat from out Saas based application which puts us 1 step back and we have to initiate the chat with asking about the primary information like name, email, company name etc.

Rameez B.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Great for front end customer service

Reviewed on 2019/06/12

I love Freshcaht! It's made customer engagement so much more pleasant for our company as our target audience are not exactly tech-savvy people. This simple and easy to use chatbot is simply a blessing .

Pros

I love the chat bot. This is being seen more and more on various websites with huge traffic and Freshchat does it so well. The fact that the bot interacts with you until such a point where it decides that it can no longer assist and only then pushes you through to a human. This is amazing because it allows you to customise so many outcomes.

Cons

The bot is a bit laggy at times and irresponsive. This, however, is not a major issue as it resolves itself after about a minute. There are times when a comm will be sent via the bot but no response will come through for about a minute.

Muneeba F.
  • Industry: Research

Bring customer servie level to the next level

Reviewed on 2018/03/01

Pros

I like that you can integrate this program with a lot of other ones, like Facebook Messenger. I like that I can message my team and customers in an intuitive way. I like that I can collect data from the people I want and "put them separately", like a favorite tag. I like the design, it's really modern. I like that you don't have a limit when it comes to having contacts, and there's this section that is called "reports", where you can monitor your team's productivity and you can see what you can do to improve your business.

Cons

It was a bit difficult to set up, but the customer service is really nice and it helped me with everything I needed to know!

• Industry: Events Services

Freshchat - Straightforward and Easy to Use

Reviewed on 2018/07/25

This has improved customer communication and resolving issues in a timely manner. Very proactive approach.

Pros

The software is very user friendly. It allows our clients to provide feedback while using our website which is very beneficial to improve in areas we need to address. The feature of having multiple chats open is a plus. This software will allows you to get back to your customer even if the customer already left your website by gathering their name, email and phone number. Very proactive approach to chat.

Cons

Notifications to the agents are not very loud, so they don't always hear it if on another chat tab. An improvement that is being worked on.

Faiz A.

Good tool but needs some improvement

Reviewed on 2019/08/22

Overall has been good but the notification issue is the big problem for me.

Pros

Quick and simple to use, looks elegant and very professional. The ability to upload images and files is excellent and can be integrated with the business site.

Cons

My biggest gripe is that the notification is not up to standard. Unless your on one of the Fresh suite the popup does not appear when a new chat comes in. This means that unless you are regularly checking it makes the responses late and therefore not feel like a live chat. It would be good to have a pop out or desktop version so that if you are working on something else an icon will appear to notify you.

Shahzeb G.

Reliable and easy to use.

Reviewed on 2019/04/24

Good.

Pros

It's easy to use and very reliable tool to use. The website conversion certainly increased and we have better qualified leads thanks to freshchat. The support team is easily available and the overall experiance has been very good. Highly recommended for small and new businesses (pricing is a big factor too)

Cons

The billing is sometimes wrong and you have to keep a check on that. But once you raise a ticket, it is easily resolved.

• Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Great Messaging bot for e-com websites

Reviewed on 2019/11/30

Best messaging software that will help in improving business and acts as a sales bot which really help in reducing human effort

Pros

Freshchat is great messaging software we can integrate in websites. it works as sales bot, and build great relationship between customer and organization.it can help in campaigns that will increase sales.

Cons

Not really con, but sometime it takes little time to respond, and for free-trial period I think there is no 24X7 customer care.

Modern customer support tool

Reviewed on 2017/12/07

cost effective and being online for our customers 24/7

Pros

Switching to Freshchat for the customer support in our foundation proved to be a successful decision. Unlike competitors like Zendes our agents won't need to be online all the time. A customer asks something, the bot gathers relevant information such as name, phone and e-mail and once one of our agents is online they reply to the chat. The customer will be notified by e-mail or pushnotification. The customer can even leave our website due to this e-mail notification. As we work with volunteers we can never guarantee to be online all day but now with Freshchat we won't miss a chat anymore!

Cons

We would like a feature to export a conversation into a Freshdesk ticket for future follow up or to convert them into a KB item

• Industry: Information Services

No notifications to admin or agent when inbox is not open

Reviewed on 2020/06/17

Pros

Cheap and affordable pricing
Design is good

Cons

Sometimes i forget to check the messages and i miss lot of chat queries because of not receiving desktop notifications for new chat messages. I check emails less often.
They have this feature for visitors called "never miss a response by turning on notifications" but not for admins. I've contacted their support and they tell me that i only get notifications if i keep the inbox open

• Used Daily for Free Trial

Freshchat

Reviewed on 2018/11/02

Pros

Really enjoyed deploying this onto our help desk. Customer support is absolutely amazing and go above and beyond to help.

UI is great and the ability to create the live chat into fresh desk calls allows for nothing to be missed. We use this for first line support and anything more complex we use it for extra details.

Cons

This used to be included in the fresh desk plan but is now an additional purchase.

Krishna P.
  • Industry: Information Services

Easy to set up and easy to manage

Reviewed on 2018/08/10

Good and easy to set up

Pros

All required options are available. Reports and dashboard features are good.

Cons

Sometimes the notifications do not pop up on time which makes the agents difficult to act faster.

Armando R.
  • Industry: Media Production
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

A good alternative to zendesk

Reviewed on 2019/01/14

Some of my clients need a chat tool for their Wordpress wensites. They need to be something simple to use and that can be used in their mobile phone.

Pros

I like the way it integrates with wordpress.
Easy to manage by my clients.
Connection with FreshDesk.

Cons

Nothing so far that i did not like in the app.

Joseph A.

I am just a customer using this software

Reviewed on 2018/11/02

I've used this chat service on multiple occasions on a specific website when order bulk items. The chat experience has always been the same, which is nice. It is simple to see where to click to open the chat, there is an option to minimize the chat window. It's easy to know when you are getting a response. I've had a good overall experience.

Pros

It is a simple chat software that makes communicating with a sales representative simple and easy. I like that the interface isn't distracting. There isn't a lot of unnecessary fluff surrounding the chat window. There is a simple sound that plays when someone responds to the chat. That makes it easy to know when the sales representative has responded to my question, even if I change tabs in my browser.

Cons

I honestly can't think of any from the customer side of things. I don't know on the other side.

Jessica P.

Good tool when getting started

Reviewed on 2017/02/09

They have a free plan which is pretty good but keep in mind, if you are chatting with customers at scale, their feature set is very limited. I would definitely keep them in mind because their products do mature quickly but at this time, they don't have the number one product on the market. But it is free so it is a great start.

A great chat widget

Reviewed on 2018/07/12

Pros

I got this for free so I honestly can't complain about the price. The UI is intuitive and easy to get to grips with.

Cons

There are literally so many other competitors in this market that it's hard to differentiate yourself. I like freshchat but there are lots of alternatives that would have been just as good.

Karthik N.

Awesome Product!

Reviewed on 2017/02/08

Smooth sailing all the way! we have been using freshchat since their beta days and we have never encountered a problem till date. Its easy to use and integration was super simple!

Albert Z.

Nice product

Reviewed on 2017/02/07

To this time it serves our needs well. Didn't have any problems with it since we are using it. It is a nice product.

Magnus H.
  • Industry: Motion Pictures & Film

Reviewed on 2018/11/05

Yann I.
  • Industry: Online Media
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

A solid tool to provide top-notch customer support through live chat

Reviewed on 2019/10/03

Freshchat has been a solid option to allow website visitors and users to ask questions and for me to interact with them, provide them with answers or point them toward a specific web page or resource.

Pros

The two things that really stood out for me are Freshchat's overall design and user interface and the ability to manage live chat conversations from either a computer or mobile device.

The latter aspect is something one would expect from most live chat tools but I think that still isn't the case...

Cons

The one thing I didn't like much about Freshchat had to do with the smartphone app.

I had two separate live chat widgets (each on a separate site) and in order to keep track of both, I had to log in and out from the app to access the interface related to the specific live chat.

This aspect may not be an issue with some of the Freshchat plans but I found it not ideal since other tools I have used would make it possible to manage live chats embedded on different sites straight from just one dashboard.

Virginia G.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

bit dissapointed

Reviewed on 2021/02/18

I installed this app in my site and really tried to make it work for me, but I had to give up. Because I have so great experience with other Fresh products, I hope I will make it work for me in the future, when I try again.

Pros

I loved the fact that you could have live conversations with customers or visitors to my website. This way it is easier to make them buy a service before they leave.

Cons

I found it a bit difficult to incorporate in my website. The messages that I read in the morning accumulated in the inbox but with no real customer's names, so I was unable to know who was who. Or at least I couldn't figure out how to do it or work fluently with this software.

Darcey P.

Easy for employees to use - quite difficult / buggy from a customer service perspective +...

Reviewed on 2020/09/23

Quite negative - we have moved providers

Pros

It's a very nice looking interface and aligns with our branding

Cons

It's prone to bugs and very frequently would stop working and the widget disappear

James B.

In a world of chat and bot solutions, Freshchat wins for me

Reviewed on 2019/06/06

It helps us connect with our customers on a professional level across multiple platforms.

Pros

- Professional (why do so many chat apps look so childish?)
- Free tier (that is actually useful and doesn't impose ridiculous limits)
- Amazing support (even on the free tier, the team go above and beyond)

Cons

I haven't found fault with Freshworks' chat solution, which is why I always recommend it to clients starting new projects.

Ines R.
  • Industry: Events Services

great and simple tool

Reviewed on 2017/02/01

I found a couple of issues and I had some questions but i didn't get any answer from customer support.
The tool is pretty simple and easy to understand
I would display and arrange the chats windows in a different way for
operators
Is not clear the difference between visitors and prospects. Some typical help messages on the sections could help a lot.
I would offer to users the chance to close the chat because some times is really annoying

Pros

The tool is pretty simple and easy to understand

I would display and arrange the chats windows in a different way for
operators

Pavel A.

Great for Mobile Apps!

Reviewed on 2020/02/11

Pros

So far we use Freshchat for our Mobile App.
It's integrated inside, so everybody who uses the chat can get in touch with us.
.. and they do... and we respond from the very friendly and easy dashboard for us.
also it have free version, which fits our needs for now, which is great !

Cons

Would be better if their cust.support was answering faster.

Yan F.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

We use it on our website.

Reviewed on 2018/03/30

We can engage more website visitors.

Pros

It's well-balanced and not expensive, unlike alternatives. We trialed with other solutions but after we used free version for a while, decided to go with them. We also use Freshsales and both solutions integrate well.

Cons

No disadvantages, we are happy. Support is quick and I think they would be more quicker if we were in the same timezone.