4,4
4,6
4,9
Zoja K.
Industry: Internet

Great for monitoring small teams time-off, quite customizable and saves time by automatization

Reviewed on 2018/01/11

Pros

- you can customize a lot of things, even per individual employee or a group of employees
- employees have access to see the time off policies and their available days automaticly
- setting a lot of rules for teams
- there is a free version for up to 50 employees

Cons

It offers several other functions at the beginning which, if you came just for this is creating a bit of noise

Kaylen C.
Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Great Customer Service

Reviewed on 2019/08/22

Today, I was exceptionally pleased when I had a question about how to implement a different way of tracking a unique time off policy our company has implemented. Rep sent back a detailed description of how I could create a policy that fits my needs. Not only did he fix the issue I was having and responded quickly to my request, but I also did not even need to ask him any follow-up questions about setting up the policy because of how detailed and simple he made the instructions to set up the policy. Great employee, I am very happy with the customer service I received. Thanks again!

Pros

We have been using the software for a little over a year and have been satisfied with our subscription.

Cons

Occasionally I have noticed some glitches with time off tracking on different screens in the past, but I think those bugs have been fixed.

Matthew D.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Simple system for tracking hours and time off

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/12/01

It's a simple interface that feels stripped down. It's not pretty, but honestly, I don't want a pretty time tracker or time off calendar. I want one that works - and this one does the job well.

Pros

It's simple. There are only ever a couple options on each page.
Visual calendar layout for individual and team member's time off was nice and easy to read, digest, and remember.
Free (zero cost) version fir out needs with 20 or so employees, from what I know.
Quick, easy reporting on time-off requests. Every employee LOVES that.

Cons

WAY too many notifications. I still get them.
We left this as an hour-by-hour tracker (hourly pay employees) because the simplicity created complexity for our accounting department. Likely just differences in systems. Overtime was difficult to report accurately between paychecks.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Karla P.
Industry: Education Management

Workteam - a software that is for the people, by the people

Reviewed on 2018/08/27

Workteam has allowed me to streamline the PTO tracking which has allowed me to spend more time on other tasks allowing me to be more efficient. It has also made it easier for all our employees because the information is all in one place.

Pros

This is software has a free function that is easy to use, does what it needs to and has great customer service. This is a software that is for the people, by the people and definately makes tracking and requestiong PTO for our staff so much easier.

Cons

I wish that you could request off a specific number of hours off, instead of just half or full day.

Response from Workteam

Many thanks for your review Karla. Employees can actually request time off by the hour, but for this you need to subscribe to the paid features.

Michelle B.
Industry: Writing & Editing

Great value for money!

Reviewed on 2019/04/01

The personal level of customer service is great. At Topcontent.com it's important to us to be able to ask questions and get answers quickly. Also, several improvements have been released since we have been using the system so it's reassuring to see that the company is investing in their system.

Pros

Workteam is great for a remote working company like Topcontent.com because you can integrate different teams from around the world on to one platform.

Cons

There have been some restrictions or manual workarounds but workteam are always working to improve the system.

Maria R.

Functional and Affordable

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/06/03

Pros

Workteam covers basic functionalities needed for managing PTO. This is definitely much better than a spreadsheet even using the free version. We have encountered a couple of bugs along the way, but Workteam has been fantastic at responding quickly to fix them. While there may be more elegant and advanced products out there, they are expensive and difficult to manage. Workteam fits our needs as a small company perfectly.

Cons

The management side of things could be more streamlined. I would like to be able to setup a weekly email to all managers sharing what PTO is happening that week.

Lori C.

This is an easy to set up and use app.

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/04/17

Pros

Having choices of how to view PTO balances, ability to set up different policies - and most recently added - the ability to chose colors to differentiate between types of PTO. User Guide is very helpful. Support is fantastic!

Cons

Not having the choice of PTO increments. We allow as little as an hour but can't enter that so the PTO in workteam does not equal what shows on the employee check. Would like choices for different calendar views.

Response from Workteam

Thanks for the review Lori. Workteam can handle requesting time off in increments as little as 5 minutes (depending upon policy configuration), but not in the free version, which you are using.

Michelle B.
Industry: Writing & Editing

Great value for money

Reviewed on 2018/08/27

It has reduced time and increased the efficiency when managing time off. It allows for easy reporting and an easy overview of the time off performance across the company.

Pros

We need something that helps us manage vacation and all other sorts of time off. This does the job well and has eliminated all spreadsheets we previously had.

Cons

Our workforce is a global workforce there it can be time consuming when setting up new people into the system. Also, we would like to store more information about employees but this feature is currently not there.

Shermaine W.
Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Time and attendance module

Reviewed on 2018/08/30

Awesome!

Pros

From my End users' point of view, they are moving away from paper application to eLeave portal application, it's on internet which allows ease of accessing the site and this allow the self-service way of checking leave balance.
From Company's point of view, the value is the streamline of work process, allow Users to work more efficiently, cost is reasonable. The look and feel is similar to our current HR system - WD.

Cons

I'm from APAC region, the support is from UK time zone?

Jing F.
Industry: Online Media

Excellent Alternative to TriNet for PTO Tracking

Reviewed on 2018/08/30

I was looking for an easy way to track employee PTO. I evaluated our free option with TriNet - the UX is slightly confusing and UI is quite cumbersome. I looked at alternatives and Workteam came up. I like the simple, intuitive UI, that it's fairly full featured and flexible, and has an integration with GSuite calendars.

We've used the platform for several months now and as much as we can say this for HR software, has really enjoyed it =) We've also had very good experiences with and support from the Workteam team on answering questions, etc.

Overall, a very good experience and would highly recommend.

Pros

- Very intuitive, easy to use
- Visual representation of time off across teams
- Highly customizable policy settings
- Easy to import/export data
- GSuite integration enables our whole team to see upcoming days off in Calendar

Cons

Nothing really. There's always room for improvement but Workteam works exactly as we need it to at the moment.

Justin S.

Overall good, just wish it could allow me to request time off differently. See cons section below.

Reviewed on 2017/06/26

Ability to input time off.

Pros

It is easy to use, and it has an appealing interface. The staff were quick to respond when I had an issue to be resolved.

Cons

You can only request time off that is either a half day or a full day. If I need to use PTO for 1 hour, as an example, I can not input that into Workteam as so. This is a large pain for most staff.

There was slowness in the system recently that required their support staff to release a patch. The only way to contact them was via email. No phone number. They did have a quick response time and resolution time through email and were nice to work with.

Response from Workteam

Thanks for the review Justin. We have actually just released a new version of the software, which allows PTO requests down to 1 hour (and below).

Nuno O.
Industry: Machinery

The Best Freee App For Manage Holidays

Reviewed on 2017/05/02

Pros

Simplicity to use. No need for user training. Great Support by the Workteam. The excellent view for the global calendars.

Cons

It is not possible to distinguish the days of holidays marked by the company and the holidays of the country.

Emma R.
Industry: Management Consulting

Good review

Reviewed on 2019/06/11

Excellent

Pros

It is convenient to use and I enjoy the colour scheme

Cons

It can be a bit clunky, wish it had a month/year view as well not just week to week

Ryan L.

Very Proactive Support, Sleek interface.

Reviewed on 2017/06/26

Pros

I love the interface, very smooth navigation. Employees have loved the ease of access for checking PTO accruals and requesting PTO.