ReadySetAuction

Auction software for silent, live, mobile, & online auctions

4,7
4,8
4,5
4,5
4,9
Janine Z.

Mind blowing

Reviewed on 2017/11/07

Saved us time and money!

Pros

Just about EVERYTHING! My company switched from Greater Giving to ReadySetAuction this year for our Fall Festival and Silent Auction and what a difference did it make. RSA saved me so much time this year, all I had to do was put the correct information in and the software did everything else for me (no more days of having to type the same information 3 different times in 3 different places). This software is EXTREMELY user friendly, their customer service is top notch and the price is right. Another benefit for me was it's compatible with DonorPerfect! I would highly recommend this to anyone!

Cons

I really have no BIG complaints about this software. My only hiccup was that you can't have 2 packages with the same name (for instance, we do a silent auction of gift certificates and if you have 2 gift certificates for the same place and same amount but you want to separate them, you have to change the name of the second one slightly, even if that means just putting an extra space).

Response from SofterWare

Hi Janie,
Thank you so much for the awesome testimonial! Our product manager submitted your suggestion for improvement to our Suggest & Vote, where clients submit their ideas and vote on those that are most important to them. Every release of ReadySetAuction has included at least one client suggestion, so we truly are listening to your feedback.

Sarah T.

Organized data and payments give donors / bidders confidence and give staff sanity. Worth the $.

Reviewed on 2018/05/10

ReadySetAuction has enabled us to raise money for significant growth projects at our school.

Pros

ReadySetAuction allowed me to lead a team of excellent high school students to complete our auction checkout very quickly, after only a couple of short training meetings (1 hr or less). Data entry also went very quickly and with minimal errors, thanks to good software design.

ReadySetAuction allows many people to share the load of data entry, check in and checkout. It is not 100% foolproof but has good safeguards. It has all the features I needed to manage and present our auction data and take payments. The instant email receipts are my favorite feature, because they are useful and look professional to our guests.

This system is very well designed and has been tested over years with many customers. We have had no serious problems in 3 years of use... no lost data or payments. Thankful for reliability!

For 3 years we used the Complete plan (paper bid sheets, self checkout option), and it has gone so well that we are hoping to upgrade to mobile bidding next year!

Cons

Event website design themes are limited and look a little dated. (Yet it's functional and we can't make it too ugly either, which I appreciate!)

Guests must create an account before purchasing tickets or even seeing ticket price options. We finally realized we need to put prices into the main text of our event website to shrink this barrier.

Both of these problems were true for us this year, but could be fixed before next year... a great thing about a web application!

Response from SofterWare

Hi, Sarah,
Thank you for taking the time to write a detailed review, and I've passed your information onto the Product Manager for ReadySetAuction, Evan.

He replied: "Please let Sarah know that it is on the development road map for this year to eliminate the barriers noted regarding creating an account before purchasing tickets and about displaying ticket prices."

We're very happy that you have used RSA to save organization time and to generate more revenue at auctions, accurately, confidently and securely.

We agree that a short training session with all staff prior to the event is a key to success.

Thank you for your feedback!
~Susan
Manager, Client Relations

Michelle G.
Industry: Environmental Services

Great Software for online actions

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2020/11/04

The benefits of this software are wonderful. We are excited to use more of the features of this software going forward over the next 6 months. The users shared their experiences with us and said it was very user friendly to use.

Pros

The product is easy to use. There are many great features to this software; the text notification that the bidder has been outbid on an item. Also, after the auction had ended the ease of sending out invoices and receipts were awesome. We were able to close the online auction on a Thursday evening and we had all payments in by Monday morning. In the past, this process took much longer. We also enjoyed having a donation only for those who didn't win an auction item but still wanted to give.

Cons

One of the features we miss from our old online auction is the advance arrow to the next item when you are in the description view of the item. The only downside is having events overlapping, but the company was able to come up with solutions for our needs.

Michael H.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Good option for charities and non-profits

Used Monthly for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2019/12/31

ReadySetAuction has been perfect for running auctions (both online and live) for various non-profit organizations. It's easy to set up and get running even for the non-technical people.

Pros

First and foremost, ReadySetAuction is amazing solution for non-profits looking to run auctions. RSA integrates perfectly with DonorPerfect allowing you to keep track of everything under one roof.

The interface is relatively easy to set up, but be prepared to invest a good amount of time setting up and adjusting your auction or event, as there's a ton of settings and variables that need to be adjusted.

Cons

It takes a bit of time to set up an auction or event, and the flexibility/customization of the program is a bit limited.

Response from SofterWare

Thank you for completing a review of ReadySetAuction. ReadySetAuction integrates with DonorPerfect. We have many clients that use this software for their auctions. I am glad to hear you were successful using it for your auctions. I the Client Relations Team can be of assistance please call us at (800) 220-3537. Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Dina R.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Made going "Virtual" easy!

Reviewed on 2020/08/05

I love Ready, Set, Auction and have not only recommended it to many people but have also had many people who participated in my events ask me about it. I highly recommend the telephone customer service with the package. I honestly think that should just be added into the cost and included, because you can save yourself hours of stress and frustration with one quick call. Their phone customer service is very good. One thing I like most about RSA is that they are very responsive and if you have an idea or a request for a change, they are very likely to listen and actually change it! That is rare. Much better than the systems I used to run events at much larger organizations. Money well spent. We eliminated the need to do a live auction AND a silent auction by putting all our big ticket items in a mobile auction!

Pros

This product is easy to use from a auction standpoint and made having a mobile auction very easy! I have used it once in a Live event experience (with a mobile auction) and once in a 100% virtual event environment. Great turnkey process for a mobile auction!

Cons

It is a little difficult on the Patrons to have them have to sign in and make a password every year. Many people ended up getting confused and making a duplicate profile with a different email. A link to the original profile for those that exist already with a "forgot password" option might be more streamlined.

Sherry G.

After learning the software, it made managing our fundraiser extremely easier.

Reviewed on 2017/10/30

Made the entire organization of the event run smoother. Ease in reconciliation, integrity of guest information, totally painless check-out and closing out the event.

Pros

Guests registering online so that their contact information was entered by them. The receipt feature of the system is fantastic! They could send us notes on any dietary restrictions, request a specific table, etc. The management of the credit card transactions at check-in and especially at check-out was terrific! I was able to wrap up our event in less than a half day when typically it took several days to close-out. We received many compliments from our guests on the ease of check-out. Also liked the process for tracking donations and having the ability to package them into one single package with the automatic fair market value calculated. I was ready to step down (mostly because of the hectic check-out and reconciliation process) from my chair responsibilities after managing five previous Galas manually. I researched and found ReadySetAuction and said that I'd give it another year. I have to say, it almost made it fun. It certainly reduced my stress level!

Cons

I didn't like the fact that guests had to set-up an RSA account before they could even browse our event website. It would be nice if a guest could visit the website and make purchases without setting up an account if you're not going to use the mobile/online bidding feature. I don't know if this would limit the ability to store credit card information. If so, the requirement is worth it. I would also like to see more flexibility in the email communications to guests. It would be nice to be able to split payments at check-out rather than requiring that all purchases or total amount be charged to a single credit card. Many guests like to split a package or pay a portion by check and a portion by credit card. I would also like to have the ability to split a package between guests (eg. Trip for 8; be able to split it among four bidders rather than 1). Lastly, there is no way to issue a refund in RSA. Note with regard to SafeSave: When I inquired about the fees I was not told about the extra processing fees charged above the initial % per transaction and .30 processing fee. There is actually a .30 fee every time a guest saves a card in addition to the initial .30 transaction fee. For example: Bob purchases a ticket on line with a cc. +.30, Bob registers his credit card at the event (no purchase) +.30, Bob decides to use a different credit card at check out, +.30, etc., etc. This does increase the total credit card fees and should be disclosed.

Dave C.

Ready Set Auction

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2019/04/24

Great customer support and ease of use with 3rd party event planners

Pros

Functionality and customer support. Now integrated with Donor Perfect so reports should be more detailed and flow more easily

Cons

Registration process for guests/invitees is just a bit cumbersome, but not bad

Response from SofterWare

Dave, Thank you for the awesome review.! Glad to hear you are benefitting from all the functions in the software. Ready Set Auction makes it easy to Record RSVPs of your guests, assign them to tables and track their meal selections. It also helps track all donations from the event and integrates with DonorPerfect making it easy to get the data from the auction into DonorPerfect. The post auctions reports are great for reviewing the success of the event. As you mentioned any questions you have the RSA support team is always happy to help! :) Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist

Randy C.
Industry: Education Management

Overall, very positive.

Reviewed on 2017/11/13

Organizational improvement, improved event management and customer enjoyment. Would not do an auction again without it.

Pros

It provides a good overall framework for managing an auction. There are little things that can be and in fact are being done by their design staff to simplify processes which encourages me even more about using the software next year. The event showcase was great and the general organizational focus of the software was very helpful. I am sure with a year under our belts it will be even better next year! The Highly recommend to anyone!

Cons

When RSVPing, one sees guests as part of a party, so whatever name they are registered as (e.g. guest 1, etc.) it corresponds to a party. At checkout, you may only see "guest 1" and have to match things up on the fly. The display pages seemed to print upside down if using as a table tent. Essentially little things but not great problems.

Mary B.

Virtual Auction Success

Reviewed on 2020/09/24

This was our first experience with an online/virtual auction platform. We were definitely pleased with the overall experience and will be using it again.

Pros

It was easy for my team to enter in kind donations and package them into appropriate auction packages. The site was fairly intuitive and easy to use.

Cons

Can really only hold one auction/event at a time. Because we have switched many of our events to a virtual format, it would have been nice to be able to accept donations for the next event while one event was still open.

Kristin W.

First Online Silent Auction a Success

Reviewed on 2020/11/04

The help desk was wonderful to work with as we quickly set things up and then closed. We plan to use it again and again for upcoming events. With the aid of RSA, we look forward to being able to have a great online silent auction as part of our 35th anniversary in 2021!

Pros

The ease of checking out winning bids when the auction closed was wonderful. This is the first time we've had a completely virtual annual fundraiser including the silent auction. Thanking and receipting the donors and bidders after the event was very easy as well.

Cons

I wish a bidder could go through the catalog without having to back out of each item. Click through page to page would be a good feature.

Highly recommend ReadySetAuction

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2018/10/05

Pros

This is my 11th year using ReadySetAuction - I love it! I'm able to integrate past events into the current one which allows me to not have to re-enter repeat guests every year! Customer service is great - they take your suggestions for improvement seriously and have implemented many of my suggestions. And the price is right - you don't pay a %age of your revenue!

Cons

There really is nothing I dislike. When I make suggestions, they are taken very seriously!

Shirley J.
Industry: Education Management

RSA was a hit!

Reviewed on 2019/11/14

Pros

Ease of use, check in and check out were the best they have ever been.

Cons

learning curve for bidders - will definitely do more to prepare the bidders next year.

Response from SofterWare

Thank you for the awesome review of RSA!
I am thrilled to hear your event was a success!
Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist

Valerie B.
Industry: Computer Software
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Events Coordinator Using Software

Used Monthly for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2016/10/05

I thought the software was great, with a few exceptions. Overall the customer support was amazing. I wish there was more flexibility and options in packaging pricing. I feel like if there were more options and price points available, it would improve.

Pros

Great customer service.

Cons

Not enough packaging options.