Everhour

Write a Review!
Time tracking, scheduling, budgeting & expenses software.

4.6/5
4.5/5
4.6/5
4.7/5

Kate
Kate

See Where Your Time Is Going and Adjust

Reviewed on 2019/09/12

Everhour has really helped me keep track of my time and plan more effectively for future projects. I also love how it feels like a competition with myself. I keep striving to complete the same task faster or cut down on the time wasted in between tasks. It's honestly a lot of fun and really helps with time management. Just by clicking that little play button, you suddenly have a sense of urgency while working.

Pros

I love how Everhour makes it easy to see how you're spending your time so you can adjust your schedule, redistribute your workload, etc. You can see exactly how long it takes you and your team to complete certain tasks and plan future projects accordingly.

It integrates with Basecamp so all I have to do is press a little play button next to each of my to-dos and it tracks how long I'm spending. Then I can pull up a detailed report later to see where my time is going. It's been especially helpful when putting together the argument for additional team members.

Cons

There's really nothing I dislike about Everhour. If I had to pick something, I'd say that I wish there were a flat rate for larger teams. We have to pay per seat and as the team grows, I see that getting expensive.

Response from Everhour

Hi Kate, thanks for your positive feedback!

Jeffrey

A helpful service for time tracking and capacity planning!

Reviewed on 2019/11/18

Everhour is helping us figure out how much time we need to deliver our various services. This, in turn, helps us make better decisions and run our business better. Thank you, Minsk friends!

Pros

- The Asana integration is very useful and usable. It's terrific, for example, that timing on sub-tasks is summed up in the main task.
- Tracking time estimates against actual time worked is helping us figure out our capacity planning.
- The interface and tools are well-designed and generally easy to use.

Cons

- I still need the ability to see and organize task timelines by time of day, rather than only totals.
- The Toggl broswer integration was very popular at our company and many of us miss it (but the Asana integration makes up for it pretty spectacularly, once you're used to starting/stopping timing in there :-)

Harvest and Toggl Track

Reasons for Choosing Everhour

Everhour's value-for-money for features offered convinced us to make the move. It seemed to fit our needs better than Toggle. Also, we love working in Asana; your Asana integration was another strong selling point.

Toggl Track

Response from Everhour

Thanks, Jeffrey! you can now also track time with intervals in Asana. The option shows up when you add time manually.

Nick
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Great idea but let down by broken integration and open ended support

Reviewed on 2018/04/04

Pros

Logging hours in Basecamp 2 works really well.
They've definitely taken the time to think it through and look at usability.
It's really handy to have the start/stop buttons next to each task.

And the idea of being able to automatically pass that through to account software is a good one.

Cons

Sadly the integration with Quickbooks doesn't work
Invoice numbers are emptied and delivery email address is also removed
So it's a real pain to have to find and manually assign the correct sequential invoice number and address.

It's easier to copy and past the times from Everhour into a new invoice in QB
- but then that really defeats the whole point of the software!

Having spoken to the support team, I couldn't get a timescale for a fix.
They agreed it was unreasonable to pay for software whilst waiting for it to be made usable - but didn't have any other suggestions.
Good software needs good support and that wasn't a great response.

I'd love to use this software, but just can't wait indefinitely without any indication of how long for bugs to be resolved and sadly, competitors, much like Everhour all want an annual commitment
So it'll be at least 12 months of using something else before I can even think about looking at Everhour - by which time whatever alternative solution I've chosen will be entrenched in my business and difficult to change.

Response from Everhour

Hi Nick,

Our apology for not living up to your expectations. I completely understand that my answer to you was not great, however, I did not want to feed you with false promises.

We highly welcome such users as you who could point to the drawbacks of our product. I will do my best to convince the team look into these issues as soon as they can.

Humphrey

Dependable Platform for Project Planning and Execution

Reviewed on 2024/04/08

Pros

With Everhour's flexible task and project options, we can customise the tool to meet our unique requirements.

Cons

Everhour's mobile app could be improved significantly for efficient time tracking.

Response from Everhour

Great, this is fantastic to hear that we help to meet your unique requirements!

Jeremy

Excellent intergration with ClickUp

Reviewed on 2023/02/28

Very positive. I've used Everhour standalone, integrated with Asana and ClickUp and it's the best time tracking platform I've used!

Pros

The integration with clickup was intuitive, easy to set up and the immediate syncing between the platforms is impressive. I really like the flexibility of the reporting and the multiple ways you can add time for your daily tasks.

Cons

Minor things like sharing reports and problems if I move tasks between projects in ClickUp, they get orphaned in Everhour.

Response from Everhour

Thanks for sharing your story!

Carolina
  • Industry: Design

The best tool to organize your working time

Reviewed on 2021/08/17

It is a very important tool for the administration of my work, I use it every day.

Pros

Everhour is the perfect tool if you have several clients and want to organize your working time. I can keep track of every job, every task and this is very good both for me because I have an overview of my work and for my client, because I can keep track of the working time and the amount to be paid accurately.

Cons

In an earlier version of Everhour I could see the total amount I earned, but they changed that, and now I have to do the maths myself by adding it up each month.

Response from Everhour

Hi Carolina, thank you for leaving this review!

Bas

Fan from day 1

Reviewed on 2019/10/09

Everhour is a great tool. We have evaluated Toggle, Everhour and TimeDoctor. No way back.

Pros

We really like the Gsuite integration and the integration with Jira. We regularly get compliments from our clients as we send very detailed report on where company time is spent on.

Cons

We find it difficult to integrate with our financial application. Lots of rework after export is required. We would also like integration with CRM, eg automatically forward rates discussed during sales trajectory.

Fixed fee projects are difficult. A

Time Tracker and Time Doctor

Reasons for Choosing Everhour

Toggle didn't integrate as well with Jira.

Integration capacities. Ease of use. Reporting

Response from Everhour

Hi Bas, thanks for the high rate! Integrations in new tools are never easy, but we always try to enlarge the list.

Jessica

Swipe iX Time Tracking and Reporting

Reviewed on 2019/10/09

Pros

- The ease of integration with our ticketing tool (Pivotal Tracker) was exceptional.
- The in depth reporting is both easy to use and extremely robust.
- The time tracking for my development resource team was easier than with any other tool we have used, making it much easier for them to track their time accurately.

Cons

- The project syncing and updating from Pivotal Tracker does take a long time, even when syncing is manually enabled.

Jira

Reasons for Switching to Everhour

The range of features totally outweighed the other tools considered, especially from a price point perspective.

Response from Everhour

Hi Jessica, thanks for the review! do you do a page refresh after a manual update?

Alecia

Great time tracking through Asana

Reviewed on 2019/10/31

Overall, super happy. Used it for a few years now. I just want something basic and clear with the ability to customize.

Pros

I love how it easily connects to Asana. It has a clean interface. It is easy to use. It generates clear reports.

Cons

The categories on the times sheets took me a bit to figure out.

Response from Everhour

Hi Alecia, I wish you be a long-standing customer!

Tomas

Reviewed on 2022/06/06

FInding how much work is being done on each project and categories. Easier to plan sprints.

Pros

The integration with Asana, ease of use and reporting.

Cons

Is slow, and responding slow in Asana. It would be great if it could pick up values from custom fields in Asana, as we often estimate and log in Asana as well.

Harvest

Reasons for Switching to Everhour

I saw how it implemented into Asana and liked it.

Response from Everhour

Hi Thomas, thank you for your review!

Brooke
  • Industry: Legal Services

Simplified Our Project Management and Billing Dramatically!

Reviewed on 2021/09/28

We found it easy to set up and use. There was definitely a ramp-up when it came to learning new ways to accomplish our goals, but I feel that Everhour was not difficult to switch to when we were ready.

Pros

It integrates cleanly with Asana and allows us to have real-time data in Asana about time spent on projects. It allows us to more quickly evaluate our fixed fee projects in light of the time we are taking on the projects. The billing is tied directly to Asana projects, so it eliminates user errors with users trying to determine where to track their time appropriately.

Cons

There are a few aspects of the software that are not intuitive, but we have still managed to find the information needed to edit what we need to. I feel that the tutorials aren't very fully built out. It would be nice to have more detail in using some of the features such as editing existing time/projects and report creation.

Response from Everhour

Hi Brooke, thanks for the feedback!

Guillermo
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Exactly what I was looking for to track time with my project management software!

Reviewed on 2019/10/09

Pros

Everhour integrates perfectly with Asana and enhances its capabilities by allowing me to track time spent on each task. Their reports are very intuitive and allow me to very easily pull time reports for billing or just to analyze and understand where we are focusing our efforts.

Cons

I don't have any complaints about this software, other than one of my colleagues uses Safari and was disappointed when he found out that he could only use Everhour with Chrome.

Harvest

Reasons for Switching to Everhour

Better integration with Asana. More functionality.

Response from Everhour

Hi Guillermo, thanks for the feedback! We definitely will bring back the support of Safari in the future.

Stefan

Overall Analysis

Reviewed on 2019/10/09

Pros

Software integrates very good into Asana which is essential for us.
Everhour has a great Report Engine.

Cons

Lost Safari Plugin due to update to Safari 13.
No API to write own integrations with Zapier and co.

Response from Everhour

Hi Stefan, we will definitely address the issue with a Safari plugin in the future. And there is a doc with our API on the front page, didn't you see it?

Benjamin

Hassle-free Time-Tracking

Reviewed on 2019/10/09

Overall a great and very affordable software with just the right amount of very robust and well thought out features! The perfect tool for freelancers and companies!

Pros

- I hate wasting time on complex software. Everhour just gets out of my way so I can get work done.
- Very responsive and helpful support!
- Github integration is fantastic and makes time tracking a lot easier and faster!
- I can build detailed reports of my work for clients
- Exporting invoices directly to Freshbooks perfectly integrates my timetracking with my invoicing workflow
- The app allows me to quickly start/stop timers when I forgot to do so on the web

Cons

- I'm still missing a feature to email reports to clients. Preferably automatic at defined intervals (weekly/monthly)

Timely, Harvest and Toggl Track

Response from Everhour

Hi Benjamin,

Thanks for the high rate, emailed reports are on their way!

Daniel

Best tool to Track your Team, Clients, Projects and Tasks

Reviewed on 2017/03/30

We are a 15 people team working remotely from different cities of Latin America and Europe, and time tracking for each client, project and task has been always a major issue.

We've been using Everhour for the past year or so, and it has become an essential tool for our team. Is not just that gives us the abbility to track how much time we have dedicated to a project, but also to estimate how much time a particular task will need in order to be completed next time and by who. Easily create sand save reports with just a few clicks.

One of the most important features, is its integration with Asana, our Project Management Software of choice, but Everhour is powerful enough to let you create your own projects and tasks within the platform.

Their support team it's very dedicated and really interested in listening about what you have to say and what can be improved.

We are a happy Everhour customer and always recomend to dev teams, agencies and organisations.

Pros

- Easy to use
- Clean interface. Responsive design.
- Easily sets up with Asana, Trello and other third party project management tools
- Affordable

Cons

- We could use a mobile app, but for now the responsive designs does the trick
- You just can setup your account using a single Project Management platform. So, if part of your team uses Trello and the other one Asana, you can't track time in both accounts in a single session... but, of course, this is a very specific, non common scenario.

Response from Everhour

A big thanks from Everhour team!

• Industry: Management Consulting
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

The time is gold

Reviewed on 2019/04/03

Pros

There is a popular saying that says "Time is money" and Everhour knows it very well. Few give it the importance that the proper administration of hours should have. Every second, every minute and every hour are vital in any activity of human beings. Now, for a company, institution, or a working group, having an application that knows how to manage the moments and occasions of your time is fundamental. This software allows you to manage according to your work schedules, through a simple but very effective and efficient platform.
If you need to optimize your workflow then this application will serve you without any doubt. If you are an entrepreneur, with a certain team or staff, it will be good to have Everhour to have a precise time tracking of employees, billing and payroll control. For something, as expressed by your official account, you have the confidence of more than 2,000 companies in more than 70 countries.
Now, speaking of its vital functions, Everhour has a wide group of tools based on a minimalist platform for the convenience of any user. You can keep a record of all budgets of your projects, schedule alerts, track the time with an estimate based on the tasks of the worker. Creation of billing reports, expenses, and progress according to time. This is how this software will be vital for you to manage all your time accordingly.

Cons

The competition of Everhour is not easy. There are other software such as Hubstaff that also perform the same functions. That should motivate constant updates of the system with the implementation of more and better tools, although for the work to which it is intended, is quite good.

Response from Everhour

Thanks, time is gold indeed!

Mike
Mike

The perfect solution for UpBuild

Reviewed on 2017/04/28

Pros

I like that Everhour is straightforward and functional. I also love that it integrates with Trello, which is how we manage the majority of our work. The reason that I originally chose to go with Everhour over the competition is that these folks chose to do one thing and to do it well. Other companies wanted to also handle invoicing, project management, and other things. I already had tool for those things; what I needed was an easy and enjoyable to use time tracking solution that I knew would work. Everhour has consistently impressed me with how well their product works and how fast they innovate and improve.

Cons

I think the user interface could be designed a bit better. And I want to be able to go through the whole process of starting a task without having to use a mouse. If I start typing and a Trello board populates, I wish I could just hit tab or enter to select it and move onto the next field without having to use the mouse or arrow keys.

Response from Everhour

Hi Mike,
Thank you for your review.

Brandon

Seamless Asana Integration and better than Harvest

Reviewed on 2019/10/10

I'm able to see where my time and money goes.

I'm able to see where my time and money goes.

Pros

It's just a really nice, intuitive tool.

Cons

It desperately needs flat-rate and retainer pricing.

Response from Everhour

Hi Brandon, thanks for the review, we definitely keep the flat-rate and retainer improvements in mind!

Lazar
Lazar

Great tool for daily use

Reviewed on 2023/06/05

Pros

Everhour's time tracking and reporting features are incredibly impactful, providing comprehensive insights into project hours, budgets, and team productivity. Everhour is extremely user-friendly with its intuitive interface and straightforward navigation, making it easy for both individuals and teams to adopt and utilize effectively. Integrating Everhour into our existing business processes was a seamless experience, allowing us to seamlessly sync with project management tools and effortlessly incorporate time tracking into our workflow.

Cons

Limited customization options for reports and dashboards.Mobile app lacks some advanced features available on the web platform.The initial learning curve for configuring advanced settings may be slightly steep for new users.

Response from Everhour

Thanks! Definitely, we need more work on our mobile app.

Brian

Everhour is a great software tool that allows us to track time for internal tasks and billable...

Reviewed on 2017/09/18

Pros

Everhour integrates with Asana, which is great for our company. We are able to track time within Asana or the Chrome browser. It's super easy to set up and track time on individual tasks (which helps immensely with reporting).

Cons

Everhour's reporting UX isn't the easiest to navigate through.

Also, let's say it's Friday and you have a vacation planned for next week. You can't add tracked time for any dates in the future. This is annoying because we have to track all internal time, so whenever we get back from vacation we have to log those hours (and sometimes people forget).

Response from Everhour

Thanks for the opinion, btw, the option to track dates for future is available now!

• Used for Free Trial

It was not possible for use

Reviewed on 2019/04/03

whatever I have found is that Everhour is not a standalone application.

whatever I have found is that Everhour is not a standalone application.

Pros

• A simple and straight forward pricing system is easy to understand and customers can trust it without being worry about hidden costs.
• Easy signup just by entering an email address or by good account.
• Integration with other project management tools including Asan, Trello, Teamwork, …

Cons

• Signup by facebook account could be a good and fast option which is not available
• No integration with Microsoft Project and Oracle Primavera
• In the first login wizard, I user doesn’t want to connect the application to a project management software, there is no straight way for skipping this step. Moreover, it seems that the application doesn’t support standalone project management. finally, I had to connect the application to Trello
• I wanted to use the application via the Opera browser. I couldn't continue, because installing Chrome extension was obligatory and I cannot imagine working just by one kind of browser and just by installing an extension.
• In their website I saw two different links for sign-in Everhour1 and Everhour2, how do they expect users know the differences between these two links. (Very bad UX)

Response from Everhour

Hello, this is so sad that you gave us such a bad review. However, this is even sadder that you have not understood how to use some parts of our product.

First thing I want to touch on is Facebook login and integrations with MS project or Oracle Primavera. We do not have those and never pretend to say we have or are working on them. This is why it is so frustrating to read about it as a drawback of functionality.

I would be happy to show you how to use Everhour as a standalone project management tool, as well as explain the essence of our Trello integration, what browsers we officially support, etc.

Laura
Laura
  • Industry: Translation & Localization

The time tracking application you need

Reviewed on 2019/02/16

Pros

With Everhour you can track the time you spend working on assignments or tasks easily. Thanks to its integration with Asana you can start tracking the time when you take a task from within the application, which makes things very easy, but not only that, you will also be able how much time you or other members have tracked on a given task.
You can also generate reports for you and your team for a given period of time that are totally customisable to your needs.

Cons

I still haven't found any con to this powerful yet simple tool.

Response from Everhour

Thank you for a terrific review, Laura!

So glad we found this

Reviewed on 2019/12/18

It's only been a couple months, but it's been amazing so far.

It's only been a couple months, but it's been amazing so far.

Pros

The seamless integration with the project management software we use, Asana. They also have a public API we are using for some software we built for automated reporting. Very powerful software, and saves a lot of time with manual entries.

Cons

The automatic syncing between Everhour and Asana is almost too good, or needs to be able to be adjusted. Currently, if we archive a project (like we finished it and no longer have tasks to track time on), it removes any tasks in that project from Everhour reports, even though there was time tracked on those tasks.

Response from Everhour

Hi and thank you for a great review! Please mind that we wipe off time only for users with a member and supervisor role. Admins always see the time of removed projects.

Luigi

Great tracker!

Reviewed on 2019/10/11

Pros

A great thing about Everhour is that it understands the business need for time tracking and it satisfies that need very well. With integration with major browsers, Everhour is easy to use and not a bother. But my favorite thing about Everhour is that it understands the tendency for people to forget to track their time, which is why I really appreciate the edit time feature.

Cons

There have been moments that attempting integration didn't go seamlessly.

Response from Everhour

Hi Luigi, thank you for your rave review, we try to make sync work seamless 100% of time.

mindy

Best timeclock ever

Reviewed on 2023/05/16

awesome!

awesome!

Pros

Easy to use, quick response from customer service

Cons

Missing a few small features, no big deal

Response from Everhour

Thanks for leaving a review!