2 486 reviews

2 486 reviews
Liam T.

My PTHub 6 month review

Reviewed on 2021/04/10

Allows you to realise the potential of 24/7 online coaching improving the experience that clients get from your services and also makes this more efficient. This in turn allows you to scale the business a lot better and also have more freedom with your own life in how you work

Pros

Very easy to use and cost effective especially as a sart-up business. Overall consensus amongst clients is that the Hub is easy to use and people feel it enhances their PT experience

Cons

Sometimes when you are trying to make multiple different programmes for clients, it can get clunky to manage in the dashboard and this is especially the case with the nutritional elements of the site. Potentially trying to incorporate a grouping system to put specific programmes into would be preferable to help with ease of use as more clients with differing goals get added to the software

Response from My PT Hub

Thank you for taking the time to write an in-depth review, Liam, it's much appreciated.

If you head over to our support portal, you will be able to check our FAQ's, contact our support team and even raise any feature requests!

Tatiyana W.

Great Features for a Decent Price

Reviewed on 2018/10/19

Their customer service is VERY quick and 99% effective. They will work with you to figure out your issue and I love that about their company. The features are AWESOME though they could use some improvements on functionality to improve the user experience. The features come often which is sometimes an issue when they haven't fixed other concerns but it's awesome to know they're keeping up with current needs in the fitness industry. I've used other training software and this is still my favorite!

Pros

The features far outweigh competition: Trainerize, NASM Edge, etc. Unlike the others, you can fully run your business from this one program without having to supplement with other software. This makes it easy for trainers who barely have time to work in one program, let alone 5. Their support team is AWESOME. Even with my most difficult of issues, they've been very happy and quick to help. That alone is worth choosing them over others.

Cons

The software is good. A few minor issues with the user experience on the trainer and client portals by having to do a LOT of clicking to get some simple tasks done but nothing too drastic to complain about. I have also had the issue with the app closing out on me and clients while recording workouts but not often. My issue, however, was that I've been a customer for a couple of years and renewal time was...interesting. In short, their upgrades aren't quite "add-ons" and instead create a brand new agreement at the current full rate, up front. I hope they find a way to make going from one tier to another a prorated "add-on" rather than a prorated "new agreement." For the time being, they did assist me with this process, though and I am happy with the outcome.

Response from My PT Hub

Hey Tatiyana, firstly thank you for taking the time to write an in depth review on My PT Hub!

It is great to hear that all the features outweigh other personal training apps and we thank you very much for saying our support team is awesome, I will be sure to pass on the message! :)

If you head over to out support portal, you will be able to check our FAQ¿s, contact our support team and even raise any feature requests!

Vanessa D.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Best app so far

Reviewed on 2018/09/09

Other than that the app is brilliant and the best Ive used so far. Overall I think it is easy to use once your browse around once or twice. I would like to see the cons get fixed and then I would give it a 10 out of 10

Pros

It is the best app i've used so far. Theres just a few things that could help improve this.

1. I love that you can have your own logo/branded app. Its a same you can't search for the brand name on apple store though

2. Theres many set nutrition plans and workouts, even though I haven't used any, i think this is good

3. You can sync your calendar so that booking come up on your phone calendar

4. email notifications for each booking or change of booking.

5. Instant messages are there

6. clients can log there food/food diary

Cons

1. before they upgraded, when you entered the amount of weight and reps it would duplicate automatically when you press another set. Now you have to enter the whole thing each time. You want to do as little as possible while you're with your client.

2. You already pay so much for the app and they still take a fee if clients purchase a package (sessions) using the app. I lose a wapping £30+ when my clients get a package

3. The notifications are coming up on my clients app but they aren't seeing anything when they click into notification. Its always empty

4.Doesnt work with apple watch

5. Cant add notes while in a session. Only when the session is complete

6. Sometimes the whole session disappears while mid through the session. So you have to log the whole thing again. This has only happen a few times. But is extremely annoying when it does happen.

Response from My PT Hub

Hey Vanessa,

Firstly, I would just like to say thank you for writing a in depth review on My PT Hub and that we are the best personal training app you have used!

When you enter a weight and reps to an exercise, it will then populate when you add another set so you do not have to write it out again. A percentage is taken from each payment, this is what is charged by the bank, however, we are hoping this will be reduced! We currently do not integrate with Apple watch but this is something we will be looking into in the future :)

My PT Hub will be making a lot of changes in the near future, so if you keep your eyes peeled, we will be sure to keep you updated.

If you need any help at all, please do get in contact with our support team at [email protected] and we will be more than happy to help, Vanessa :)

Grady P.

Progressing nicely!

Reviewed on 2018/08/29

It's taken me some time to get used to and learn to navigate. However this is in part because it is so feature rich and dense overall. So from that vantage point I don't mind and expect a learning curve. The other reason as I mentioned earlier though is because some features are not designed as intuitively, or user friendly as they could be. I believe the changes are being made, however I also think in this day and age, they could definitely be made quicker. With that being said customer support is always great when I do get to speak to them.

Pros

It has the functionality to automate a good deal of my business. I love the messaging function as I feel it really helps me keep a pulse on my clients. The packages area is great, as is the nutritional component. I really like the updates to the labeling of the fields within the workouts as well. Bodyweight VS Reps vs Time options, etc.

Cons

It's still not altogether intuitive to use. Certain features should probably be grouped a little differently for ease of use, such as messaging within the client section, and making it possible to take notes on a client while in the workout. Also a major drawback for me is the way the app cannot be looked up in the Apple App Store by the users name or their business name as it can be in the android Google Play Store. This is a big one where I Phone customers are concerned. Just doesn't look as professional. Really hoping they can get that worked out. Other than that the default of kilos vs lb's is an issue I thought would've been remedied by now. I understand that it's a product native to the UK, but using it in the US it's a pain. I'm no programmer, but it seems like giving the option to have the default be switched to one or the other would be a relatively easy feature to add.

Response from My PT Hub

Hey Grady.

Firstly, thank you for taking the time to write your in depth review!

As previously mentioned, unfortunately, due to Apples change in terms and conditions Unfortunately, it is no longer possible to submit or update custom branded apps to the Apple app store. This is something that we would love to have!

My PT Hub as you have seen over the past few months has had some big changes and we will continue to improve the My PT Hub software to ensure it has everything a trainer needs to run their business :)

Tyronnia M.

OMG so easy to use!

Reviewed on 2020/07/14

Keeping up with clients and all their workouts and planning meals are super easy. The workout videos are great quality. My clients so far are liking the experience and that is very important to me.

Pros

I love the ease of the platform...you can figure this out without even calling customer service...but the customer service is great! They check on you when you're using the free trial of PT Hub...which is awesome. I have been using 2 different sites...one for nutrition and one for workouts and they BOTH were clunky at best and boring to look at. PT Hub is bright and fun to use.

Cons

So far everything seems great. I don't expect any problems...I used this enough times on my free trial. I didn't find any issues and trust me I was checking. I didn't want to invest in something that I would have to ditch again.

Response from My PT Hub

Firtsly, thank you for writing such in-depth review, we really do appreciate it.

We love that you love the ease of the platform!

We have something amazing coming very soon, Tyronnia, so keep an eye on our socials over the next couple of weeks.

Blake B.

My PT Hub Review

Reviewed on 2020/12/18

I've taken my entire fitness business online. My PT Hub is easy to use and my clients like it plus the price is great!

Pros

For the price, you can't go wrong. There are plenty of features for clients and it's pretty easy to use. I've been using PT Hub for a few years now and it's come a long way. It's pretty simple to use, upload your exercises (or use the exercise database), create the workout and assign it to your clients - Pretty easy. I recommend My PT Hub to anyone, especially if you're just starting out in the online personal training business.

Cons

None really...although it'd be nice to have a chat feature so I can talk with a rep sooner rather than later. My decisions are time sensitive using a chat instead of email would be nice. Don't get me wrong- the email support is great and the reps usually get back to me pretty quick. Other than that, the software is great!

Response from My PT Hub

We do have a live chat option on our website as well as email, which you can get an instant response 9-6 GMT Monday to Friday.

Shawn R.

MYPTHUB

Reviewed on 2018/08/03

We are solving issues with customers that travel and cant make it into the gym to work with us due to work, MYPTHUB allows us to train, motivate and keep focus for our clients on the go. We have found that many clients have had issues with many other software due to lack of direction but with MYPTHUB the directions are laid out so well that before we can assist with a question on how to, the customer is able to find a video that helps them find the answer. Try MYPTHUB and you find that no other compares.

Pros

What can I say , I have been with MYPTHUB since the beginning it seems and I love the way they stay ahead of the times and technology, plus they care about the customers and take care of you any way they can... I love everything about the services they offer as it is way ahead of any other personal trainer software. You def will love this product for all the needs of your fitness business and all our clients love it almost as much as we do, the features and ease is top notch!!

Cons

Honestly with how fast they adjust and build up the program to fit the needs of the user, I cant say that I have any cons at this time.

Michael K.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Good features

Reviewed on 2019/03/09

My overall experience with mypthub is very good and I have been a customer for some time now. I definitely want to continue to use mypthub and for anyone reading this I would strongly recommend using the service it has many benefits including: time saving, scheduling and allowing clients to book their own appointments with access 24/7 to my calendar. Its also great for tracking clients progress.

Pros

I like the features and I like the fact that the mypthub team clearly work hard to update and include new features. The software is generally easy to use and I would say is a must for busy Personal Trainers. It has a lot of uses and it has made my life easier.

Cons

This may be an unfair review based on my ignorance but when using the phone app as a coach not a client I have come across glitches and been unable to do certain things. I have had to use the desktop version to complete these tasks. Again this may be due to user error on my part for not being familiar enough with the software but another issue I have had is multi editing the name of workout plans. By this I mean if I download a workout plan that has 12 weeks in it and want to edit the name I have to edit all 12 weeks individually. I would like to just edit the whole plan with 1 renaming. Also it would be good to have chat available for supporting a quicker resolution time to issues.

Response from My PT Hub

Hey Michael,

Firstly, thank you for taking the time to write an in depth review on My PT Hub it is much appreciated!

My PT Hub is going to be going through a very large change in the coming months so make sure that you keep your eyes peeled on this..

If you ever want to speak to one of our team over the phone, you certainly can book an appointment at a time and day best suited to you :)

I think out team will be able to help you with a certain features on the app which may really help!

Jhony P.

My pt Hub for Brazilians

Reviewed on 2020/02/12

its good experience, but i need make adaptations for Brazil.
i will make a library of exercises videos and if we translate the app to Brazilians we could share it here

if i can help contact me please
I like this project

Pros

its good software, in Brazil there no a software with this features

Cons

it don't have more languages

it doesn't have more languages, in Brazil is necessary portuguese language for most people

the Brazil's coin is very undervalued then Dollar.
then is expensive for brazilians

In brazil, we have a different culture for exercíses, then is necessary brazil's videos

Response from My PT Hub

My PT Hub has over 7,500 exercises, however, if there are any you are unable to locate, you can always create your own custom exercise with your own video and description

More languages is certainly something we will be looking into and if anything changes about this, we will be sure to let all of our trainers know.

Jordan j. P.
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

All In One Fitness App For Personal Trainers

Reviewed on 2019/12/04

It is easy for clients to book a session with me on the app. I collect payments on the app. Video workouts help clients with correct form. Branding on app supports and increases my business.

Pros

My personal training business is done in one app. I brand the app with my business logo. Clients can book individual session with me on app. I collect payments on app. I like the Attendance Registar for my classes. I see who is attending, send reminders, and thank clients for attending. Clients feel appreciated with follow ups.

Cons

Please add more foods to nutrition list. Clients cannot find what they are looking for. Sometimes when foods are added, they do not appear on clients nutrition log. This makes for inaccurate calorie counts for clients if they are not noticing the food did not accept in their nutrition log.

Response from My PT Hub

Thank you for your review, Jordan, It is great to see and hear that mypthub is great for yous bueiness!

If you ever need any help or just have any questions about the software, please do get in contact with our support team at [email protected] and we will be more than happy to help :)

Alexander H.

Long term Subscriber

Reviewed on 2019/10/18

Administration, delivery of programming and growth of my business

Pros

The Client support has been fantastic, I have been using the software for 3+ years from when I first began in the industry, all the way up to now having 8 trainers working for me and all utilising the system.

Cons

Over the three years I have had some issues with the App, however the system has been great.

Response from My PT Hub

This is fantastic to hear, Alex, we will always help whenever we can and I am glad mypthub has been so good to you over the year.

Have you seen mypthub V3?! The video below will give you an insight into V3

If you head to our support portal, you will be able to check out our FAQ's, talk to the team or even view one of our live webinars for V3 :)

David K.

Happy long term user / trainer

Reviewed on 2018/09/27

I'm predominantly am 1-1 personal train & I love using the app to help my clients with their workouts on other days. I can often still sell programs to people that don't train with me regularly. It also has helped my with my semi-private training, I can have multiple clients training all at once following a totally personalised program for them.

Pros

I like that I can add in many custom exercises. I never have to worry about anyone being shown the wrong exercise. The workouts are easy for my clients to follow & log in the weight & reps etc that they used. MY PT Hub has also constantly updated & improved it's functions so it's always getting better too.

Cons

I wish I had a way to have clients workouts progressions of weight / reps planned in. This might be a feature of the platinum package which I haven't had.

Response from My PT Hub

Firstly, we would like to say thank you for your in depth review of My PT Hub :)

We have a feature called the 'Scheduler' where you can schedule your clients workouts and put in their progressions workouts also, the following link will show you all about it:

Joseph s. K.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

One stop shop for your fitness business

Reviewed on 2020/06/01

Great experience so far!

Pros

One stop shop for your fitness business.

Cons

I would like of a tutorial style. A-Z

Response from My PT Hub

I have attached a link below which will show you a bunch of videos I have created, not just to show you the features, but also how to best use them!

Tyson W.

good app

Reviewed on 2021/04/15

love the ability to track clients and the interactive features with clients

Pros

price is better than most, i love the videos and workout library.

Cons

it can be difficult to use. moving menu plans around from morning to later to lunch to a snack like a drag and drop would be nice. to many duplicates for workouts

Response from My PT Hub

We love o see that you have been a long term user of MY PT Hub!

If you head over to our support portal, you will be able to check our FAQ's, contact our support team and even raise any feature requests.

Jess O.

Self Employed Trainer - Small Business Owner

Reviewed on 2019/02/06

Great product, really helpful! There have been periods of time which I haven't been able to use My PT Hubb due to faults of my own, which I have realised I REALLY need My PT HUbb for efficiency and professionalism running my business :)

Pros

Professionalism.
The ability to build programs and convert them to a tidy PDF version to print of for clients.
Custom Branding.
The APP for clients.
Great staff support.

Cons

Unable to delete or replace the health and safety questioner when clients set up their app. The requirements for New Zealand are slightly different and need to be done separately as a form/contract. So this means there is a double up of these questions for my clients. Able to happily work around though.

Response from My PT Hub

Thank you for writing a review on My PT Hub, Jess!

With My PT Hub you can create your own forms which will be shown in the sign up process, the following link will show you :)

As always, if you ever need any help pop an email to our support team at [email protected] and we will be more than happy help.

Peter G.

Great PT platofrm to Run My Business

Reviewed on 2021/01/11

An Absolute please to use. Highly Recommended.

Pros

Iv been using My PT Hub for 1 month now and love the ease if use and how you can integrate everything into the app from myfitnesspal as well as sync your apple watch or fitbit watch. My clients love using the app too. Taking your workouts with you on the go is awesome.

Cons

Notjing really, maybe being able to have more options in terms of syncing Samsung smart watches and other watches would be great.

Response from My PT Hub

Thank is great to hear, Peter!

If you ever need any help at all, just remember you can pop us an email at [email protected], or you can head to our support portal where you can book an appointment to speak to the team and even join our live webinars.

Elexis S.

Honestly, a great help.

Reviewed on 2020/06/04

It's been great. I've been able to seamlessly maintain the sudden intake of over a dozen new clients in the last four days I've been using it.

Pros

I love the databases of exercises and video demonstrations, along with all the food for nutritional programming. It has made my life 10 times easier!

Cons

There seems to be a discrepancy in what I can do mobile vs. on the desktop but I am going to schedule a tour of the website to clear this up.

Response from My PT Hub

Making life easier is what we love to hear!

There are a few features on the web that are not yet on the app, but this will be changing very soon.

Jannae G.

My PT Hub Review

Reviewed on 2018/10/09

So I originally started with MyPTHub as a new trainer in 2016. As my business grew, the features just simply couldnt keep up with the needs to serve my clients the way I needed. Eventually, I ended up owning a gym in a short period of time and needed features the new company were still developing. Sadly, I had to leave, but that also came with apps that costed crazy amounts of money.

Fast forward two years and here I am. Back and so impressed with what this company has done to improve the trainer/client experience as well as service their businesses. You have a lifetime customer!

Pros

All the upgrades and all in one service. This is the first app/training platform that I've found that has everything you need to be a successful trainer.

Cons

I guess if I have to nitpick it could be prettier?

Response from My PT Hub

Thank you for your kind review, Jannae :)

It is great that My PT Hub has everything in one place for you and your business and it is always great to hear we have a lifetime customer!

If you ever need any help and at all, please do pop us an email at [email protected] and we will be more than happy to help.

Amber Z.

Very Good - User Friendly

Reviewed on 2021/01/08

Really good, would definitely recommend to not only those to are starting out their personal training business, but those who have done it for some time now.

Pros

I have used this software for over 3 years now, from when I began personal training. Very easy to add clients, keep on top of their workouts and manage on your phone any time, any where.

Cons

Only thing I would say is that the nutrition macro-calculator previously would not allow you to update unless on a computer, so now with this new plan, I am looking forward to seeing the differences.

Response from My PT Hub

If you used the classic app, there are 100's of new features and changes we have made to the latest My PT Hub!

If you pop an email to [email protected], you can always request our latest webinar which will wall you through from start to finish of everything.

Natalie G.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Excellent App for a Start Up PT Business!

Reviewed on 2019/04/02

Using this software allows me to free up capacity to focus more on my clients needs. I no longer have endless amounts of paperwork floating around and everything is right where I need it. Plus even if I haven't got my laptop with me I can access everything I need to on the go. Love it!

Pros

The number of features, in comparison to other online software companies, this has so many features, at first I didn't know where to start! Now I am used to the software it has saved me a lot of time already, and all my clients have had positive feedback. No more spreadsheets!

Cons

It would be good to be able to add more than just an AM and PM workout to the schedule, sometimes I want them to do Resistance session, HIIT and Stretching.

It would also be good to have somewhere to see what notifications have already been sent to clients, I had one occasion where I sent the reminder to the same client 3 times by mistake.

Response from My PT Hub

Thank you for your review, Natalie!

Something big is coming to My PT Hub so do keep your eyes peeled as I think it is something both trainers and clients are going to love :)

Stewart K.

Cheaper doesn't mean better

Reviewed on 2020/08/01

Overall I am extremely disappointed with this product, especially as the trial version was completely different to the paid version I paid for. I only stuck with it due to cost and the fact I had already inconvenienced staff and clients to transferring across. Although the support team are quick with replies, they are unwilling to come to any agreements or answers when asked about the differences in the scheduling. They are extremely difficult to deal with, and when requesting a refund for the year of product I will no longer be using, I have been denied and ignored. Very unprofessional.
If anyone is looking at using this app, my advice is don't bother, spend the extra cash on a good app.

Pros

It was cost effective. This is the only benefit to this second rate app.

Cons

The inability to change session times from hours to 45 mins, cheap looking interface, not user friendly at all. Lots of clients had issues using the app and saving information.

Response from My PT Hub

On mypthub V3, you can create a session for whatever duration that you would like, so it is no longer a default!

My review for My PT Hub

Reviewed on 2018/10/05

I have more time to plan future ideas. With My PT Hub I will be able to expand my business.

Pros

For my growing business I can really see the asset of using My PT Hub.
It will help me to be more diverse with the direction I want to go towards because of the software it offers.
I am finding it easier to plan for my clients.
Creating and editing templates make it easier and quicker for my busy schedule.
I can offer my clients nutrition plans from My PT Hub instead of using my limited time organizing this myself.
I like how there is no limit to my client growth because my future plan is to grow.

Cons

At this point in time and with what my business needs I haven't yet found any con's about this program

Response from My PT Hub

Thank you for your in depth review, it is much appreciated!

It is great to hear that we can be good asset to your growing business and that you are finding it easier to use that your previous methods :)

If you ever need any help at all, just remember you can pop us an email at [email protected], or you can check our Youtube channel for all the videos we have created and also our FAQ's on our support portal :)

Ben W.

So so easy to use.

Reviewed on 2020/04/01

I was struggling to maintain track of client progress, now its all in one place and it's so much easier to track!

Pros

I like how easy it is to set up, and how much easier tracking your clients progress is. It's all in one place!

Cons

I think the only thing missing from the software is the ability to video call with clients, other than that, spot on.

Response from My PT Hub

Great to hear that is easy to use for you, having everything in one place is exactly what we want!

We have now integrated with many Softwares so you can do bookings for your video calls through the software.

If you get in touch with our support team, we will be able to walk you through this.

Great piece of kit

Reviewed on 2018/10/03

Helps with client accountability and therefore retention.

Pros

Everything is in one place, making programming and management much more time efficient; it's also fully personalised to your brand for that added professional look.

Cons

Not all features are on the app yet - you still have to log in online to access the macro calculator etc.

Response from My PT Hub

There are currently a few features which are on the web browser and not on the app, but this will be soon be changing :)

Great that it is more time efficient for you and your business!

If you would like to any help or have any questions please do contact our support team, just pop an email to [email protected] and we will be more than happy to help.

Emanuel G.

versatility

Reviewed on 2021/01/11

overall very content, I still yet to use it at its full capacity, but so far its exactly what I need to run my personal training agency.

Pros

The calendar and the customization is the selling point for me. Best feature.

Cons

the customer service could be better. Its extremely inconvenient to have to book an appointment 2 days ahead only to have a 10 min converation.

Response from My PT Hub

There are a bunch of different ways you can get in contact with our support team such as live chat on our website, social media, book an appointment or email us at [email protected] and we will get back to you usually on the same day