PTminder Reviews

PTminder

Web-based personal training business management soltuion

4.6/5 (201 reviews)
Tim C.

Great software to help Personal Trainers run their business

Reviewed on 2019/08/15

It makes running my business so easy in terms of the admin and finances. The system handles it all. I don't have to worry about it. I can log all of my expenses in there as well which helps massively with accounting. Clients book themselves in and can see how many slots they have left from their packages - and just buy more as and when. This means I don't have to worry about any of the administration and can focus solely on giving the best group classes and personal training sessions without the burden of the admin. Clients love it too.

Pros

It's easy to use. Set up is very straightforward. Integration with existing website is also very simple. The ability for clients to book their own sessions (within available slots) is so helpful, and allowing clients to pay online and book into classes or go on a waiting list takes all of the effort out of it. Clients particularly like the email and text reminders.

Cons

The workout planner isn't as advanced as some others, and it's not quite as set up for online personal training (i.e. remote coaching) as some competitors.

Olivia B.

Super easy to use, has it all in one for a small business.

Reviewed on 2017/04/07

I love it because it is easy to use for my small business, has most of the functionalities that I need, makes financial reports very easy to see, and plenty of ways to ensure that there are no errors for example going to Balance of clients allows me to check if I reconciled all sessions correctly and charged correctly. Which helps reduce errors in number. I have also noticed it has improved a lot in the last year, the speed of loading is better and functions work better. Super easy to navigate. Would love to see the monthly membership a little bit cheaper especially as I am a very small business with only 2 trainers at the moment. But overall, very happy, I do all my admin stuff in the program and at this point do not require any additional program to manage all the numbers and clients. Everything is in one place.

Pros

Easy to use.
Has everything that a business needs.
Easy to read financial reports.
Monthly graphs and charts are awesome visual aid of financial position. Love that I can easily jump from monthly to weekly to annually depending what data I want to compare.
Keeps you in check if you are entering numbers correctly, by being able to double check balances and see if all charges and income has been entered correctly.

Cons

Needs to be a little bit cheaper with addition of the new trainers as my trainers only use the diary and client tabs.

Response from PTminder

Thanks Olivia! Please get in touch if you need to add more trainers, we'll sort out a small discount for you :)

Tine D.

Requested Feedback

Reviewed on 2017/04/22

Love the product, defintely wouldn't be able to live without it. I talk to other personal trainers about getting this! easily access calendar from my phone on the go. Love the fact that assessment information is on my phone instantly if I need it and clients can access this through their log in portal. Like the fact that I can have active, lead and past clients. I like how you can see the earnings at a glance per month.

Would like to see in the future:
-booking unavailable time in the diary through the app right now its just sessions/classes.
-payments connection to bank account to reconcile sessions that way
-private notes to be the default for sessions or at least the option rather than workout plan

Have had a few instances where I add a prepaid payment to a client click the send receipt function and it sends that information to a random client. This has happened about 4 times now and have emailed in about it to which I've not had a response from you guys. My clients are pretty cool about this kind of thing but when it involves dollar amounts when clients are on different rates, I have a very hard time trying to explain this to them.

Pros

Easy to book in clients and hold client information
App
Website log in easy
I can manage my classes and clients
Snap shot of how much made Week and Year to date
Hold assessment information in once place

Cons

Private notes not the default in the sessions breakdown
Payment information connection to your bank - have to add each payment manually
Unavaliable time is hard to use (to block own training and so that clients cant book in in that time). Needs to be a 3rd session/class type of action.

Luke A.

A great software still in progress

Reviewed on 2017/04/07

I had been using PT Minder for 3 years I believe, and rate the software very highly.

It allows me to run my personal training business efficiently and professionally.

Plus points of using this software;

- easy to use, and organise your schedule
- efficient client booking system for classes and sessions
- pretty rounded financial reports and reconciliation aspects, keeping on top of what money you're making.
- good client profiling and information logging

Rooms for improvement;

- the workout planning side of things is pretty much non existent. An api should be used to link with programs such as Trainerize - a more efficient approach to client workout progress.
- links to more payment websites such as gocardless, Expensify, and potentially links to bank accounts to track invoices being received.
- a more aesthetically pleading and branded app - giving info on the classes and services we offer as trainers, therapists etc. Clients can they decide what to book based on this.

A very good software - just needs more integration with other software that is more advanced in other areas.

Tiffany J.

Overall Happy with a few kinks

Reviewed on 2017/04/13

I have been using this software for a few months and I am happy with it although there are a couple of features that I wish were improved. For my clients who miss sessions or go on vacation, the system is a bit cumbersome to track that. I have to create an owed session code and credit the customer another session instead of the system automatically tracking it for me. For clients who go on vacation, the pause feature does not let you select your own date. The dates are based on their membership start and end dates so that also makes a bit of extra work. The system otherwise is fairly easy to use and customer service is always available although I think there may be a language barrier which makes some of the communication more time consuming to explain. But they are always very nice and helpful and do follow up if there was a question they have to research. When I first bought the service, the feature of having merchandise for sale was not available and now is so that was a great improvement. There have been other upgrades based on feedback so I know that this company is willing to grow, which is great. I am a small business (sole proprietor) so this software has been ideal for my needs.

Pros

ease of use, availability of customer service and willingness to be helpful, value for money

Cons

customer service language barrier (sometimes takes a while to explain the issue), limitations for missed sessions tracking and pausing a membership tracking

Omeil W.

this the easiest fitness software to use

Reviewed on 2018/12/08

this was the first fitness software I ever used and still,​ one of the best how it functions​ is very straightforward​, you monitor your expense​ and income. it gives a lot more freedom​ to set up your account to fit your business, this has everything you will need for your business whenever I try a fitness software I always come it to ptminder.

Pros

this is so easy to use, You get a free trial where you can add 2 clients, I can take payment, send out invoice and receipts​​ to client, booking and cancel client session, clients area where they can booking to a ​session anytime, view client's assessment, you can easily​ keep track of your clients session and they get a message reminding them only have 1 session to go etc....

Cons

the meal plan builder is poor.
the work planner is average

Kathy H.

Huge value for not so huge price!

Reviewed on 2017/04/18

PTminder is a phenomenal software for personal trainers.

I have used a few other software options for scheduling and you can tell that, although those other systems are significantly more pricey, they do NOT have the personal trainer's needs in mind.

PTminder's functionality is spot on, allows both my clients and myself to access anything we need on the go, and helps me go above and beyond for them in more than one capacity. I can provide workouts, meal plans, track their measurements, and then pull up the graph of their improvements, all while IN THEIR SESSION! As a personal trainer this is amazing functionality that other big organizations just aren't able to offer. Switching to PTminder was the perfect decision for my small business.

Pros

Multiple offerings: 1:1, classes, reminder emails, body measurements, food plans, and workout plans can all be added to the system for client and trainer to reference.

Cons

Limited app functionality. It will not allow me to late cancel a class participant and open a spot for a new participant to register (if there is a max number of class participants). It also won't allow me to see all of my clients in the day view if there are too many. You cannot scroll down to see them all.

Angela T.

Keeps me organized

Reviewed on 2017/04/20

This program is very user friendly and offers many functions. They are constantly looking for ways to update and improve. I have been very happy with the evolution of PTMinder thus far. The pricing is great. I'm a smaller studio and can't aford the higher cost of other popular software, but this is everything I need. I'm excited to see what else they have instore.

Pros

The pricing and easy of use

Cons

I create many different packages and lengths of service. It would be nice to have more customization with the details. Such as how often payments will be made, and the breakdown/distribution of sessions. For example, I have clients who pay monthly for 6 months, and have 20 sessions that can be used in that 6 months. (Rather than the 24 it currently automatically gives when I select 2x a week service).

Kate T.

Great Service!

Reviewed on 2017/04/09

Great program, have been using it for a few years now and have been impressed with the constant improvements they have been making in there software, making it more integrated and generally making my job easier. On the rare occasion that I have had a problem the customer support team have been straight on to it and exceptionally helpful.

Pros

Easy to use and links in with many other programs I use.

Cons

It would be great if there was someway to create a link from my website to ptminder for non clients to book appointments, therefore they would not require a log in.
I think there should be a way to round off/finish a financial year.
Would be great if it interlinked with MYOB for accounting purposes.

Mike A.

It started out bumpy. Being they are overseas it was difficult to get support.

Reviewed on 2018/06/05

Client management and scheduling seem to be the biggest attributes. The ease of scheduling and editing is a plus also, the app comes in handy.

Pros

Great for scheduling, p&l, client management, client reminders and invoicing. It helps keep track of current client as well as leads and previous clients.

Cons

It doesn't link with any other software like quick books. As mentioned earlier the support is hard being the are in a completely different continent.

Response from PTminder

Hi MIke,
Thanks for your review. Quickbooks integration is coming this year, we'll let you know once that's available :)
Also for customer support, we do have 24/7 round the clock support, so you can get in touch any time by using the "Chat with us" button on the website.

7.0/10
Junior H.

Moved to PT Minder from Mind Body Online and soooo!! glad I did. Brilliant bit of software. 5 star.

Reviewed on 2017/05/06

Value for money. Ease of use. Moving from a bigger software company that was charging a lot more PT MINDER has proved to provide a much better service at a much cheaper price. They are great!!!

Pros

Value for money. Saving a MASSIVE £600 a year in relation to what I was paying. The ease of use of PT Minder means you do not need to be constantly ringing up for support. Simple online support by live customer support normally works out any problems you may have. As well as this when the solution is given you normally find it is a simple one that you can remember for next time you are using the system. The screen interface is very good. All of my clients have said it is a very easy to use and book in. I find it a lot less confusing to use then the MindBody software I used for over a year. PT Minder also seem to take on board any suggestions and look to develop from your user experience. I have found that they are catering for all the things that I was getting with the Mind Body Software at a QUARTER of the price. As well as this is the fact that the system is very easy to use. Cannot recommend the product highly enough.

Cons

The app is not as good so I tend to use the website version when on the iPad. The 4 star rating on overall quality will be 5 star once the app is sorted.

Eddie S.

A Must-Have for trainers

Reviewed on 2017/04/07

PTMinder covers all the bases for your accounting and scheduling needs. The developers have covered every possible variation with the training business. The workout and nutrition parts need some work but without those PTMinder is more than worth the money. Keeping track of schedules, sessions, client info, accounting and anything else you can think of is easy.

Pros

Intuitive, easy to use, covers every possibility with scheduling, training packages and accounting

Cons

Workout and nutrition software is no good. I use other apps that are much better.

Response from PTminder

Thanks Eddie! We've only just released the Workout & Nutrition modules recently, but we have some awesome improvements planned for them this year :)

Jimmy R.

Great to a degree

Reviewed on 2017/04/11

Have been using PTMinder on and off for awhile now, and I quite like the set up. After waiting for awhile, the workout planner turned out to be a bit of a let down as you can't use it to track progress, it's just session by session print outs. Cost wise, it's also a bit pricey. Outside of that, they provide a solid service that does all the basics and then some in regards to client management and scheduling. Bit to heavy on just the financial reporting side for mine.

Pros

Scheduling and client management

Cons

Cost, workout planner is a let down

7.0/10
Cheryl D.

Thrilled trainer!

Reviewed on 2017/04/07

When I finally got the courage to leave a box gym and start my own boutique gym I was extremely nervous about keeping clean records of my clients, payments, and financials! PT Minder made it incredibly easy and it gives me peace of mind that I do not have to worry and can concentrate on being the best trainer and not spending countless hours on other aspects of my business!!! Thank you PT Minder for always changing with the industry to make improvements to make it easier for me!!

Pros

How easy and simple it is to use and navigate through!

Cons

A couple of glitches here and there but always improving!

Response from PTminder

Awesome stuff Cheryl! We appreciate the review :)

Thomas T.

Business is Booming!

Reviewed on 2018/12/18

Very pleased with the fluidity of the software. PTminder has been a huge reason for my success in personal training. Looking forward to many more clients involved with this process!

Pros

I've used PTminder for years now and it keeps getting better.
Calendar Integration.
Ability to link Facebook for Marketing!
Allows my clients to schedule training online, instead of me calling/messaging every waking minute.
In-App payment processing!

Cons

I have bounced back and forth between different software/apps, but keep coming back to PTminder.

Adam G.

Awesome software!!

Reviewed on 2018/01/09

Pros

For the complexity of the tasks you need it for, the software is relatively easy to master and the customer service is amazing!! Anything that i didn't understand, i could almost instantly get a response from the online chat service they provide and was given the correct answer and great guidance almost instantly. Compare it to some of the bigger names out there and i think they not only revival them but probably surpass them and are a lot better value for money.

Cons

There are a few areas that i feel they can improve on but they are very small and if i'm honest i can't remember what they are. (obviously shows just how insignificant they are.

Will N.

Everything you need, at great value

Reviewed on 2017/04/07

From my side of the programme I have had very few little problems. Some clients however haven't been able to log in or their password won't work.

It's easy to use and has all the utilities a personal trainer/small business owner would need - I can't speak for those with multiple coaches etc.

One issue I had recently was that I couldn't invoice for part of a large sum of money. I wanted to invoice for half a programme, but when I selected it from the clients purchase. It would only let me invoice the whole amount and so I had to add notes that I didn't require them to pay all upfront. Not a huge issue, but something that could maybe be addressed.

In all, a really useful, easy to use and great value programme.

Pros

I like its simplicity.

Cons

Occasional blips/programme freeze

Ross D.

Great tailored service for personal trainers

Reviewed on 2017/04/30

Pros

It's pretty simple to use, and it is tailored to personal trainers and the type of service we provide

Cons

Note taking features aren't detailed enough. I've emailed support with more info about this
The mobile app isn't easy to use for note taking on clients, and it isn't possible to see trainer availability in the mobile app
The tablet app isn't optimised for tablet screens. Lots more features could be accessed in an easier and more efficient way on tablets

Response from PTminder

Thanks for the review Ross! We'll look into addressing those cons :)

Sheree B.

PTminder is so simple and easy to use, I love all of the amazing features!

Reviewed on 2017/07/24

As described previously

Pros

The software enables me to keep myself and my clients on track. I had terrible time management and ability to track payments before I used PT minder. I love that I can use it across all my devices and how simple it is to use.
It is super easy to customise too. I also love that if you have any issue the support team is so helpful.

Cons

The only problem I find is that sometimes if I am booking from a different device the appointments do not syncronize and can leave me with double booking myself. Also can be very slow on my iPad and iPhone. I would use it a lot more on these devices if I could rely on it.

Amy M.

A new player on the market!

Reviewed on 2017/04/12

When I first opened Amz Fitness I was looking for software that was simple and at that stage could track how many clients I had coming into the business. Over the years PT Minder has grown alongside my business and I have incorporated the new functionality into how I manage my clients success as well. I find the system very easy to use and was so glad when they introduced the app functionality as I can now have PT Minder on the go and can book in client sessions without needing to wait until I am back in my office. I am excited to see the many more changes and improvements that will come with PT Minder. For all the other software on the market PT Minder is the best value for money! :D

Pros

Ease of use, when I am on the go

Cons

I think the finances side of the software can be improved

Gary M.

Great concept and includes a lot of very useful feature all in one place.

Reviewed on 2016/03/28

I love the feature of this software and makes my life so much easier having everything in one place, especially the session and package tracking. The app is a great idea, however is pretty clumsy compared to the online site. Having access to the software via an app on my phone or tablet is super convenient though and I'm sure there are plans to further improve it in the future. The main issues I have found with the app so far are:
When booking a session you cannot set the minutes of the time slot as it bounces back to 0 and you have to tap on the + or - making it very slow trying to book a slot.
It would be handy to have the 'use package' check box as you do online when booking a session.
Being able to reconcile sessions via the app would also save time as I could do it straight after a session or before going home rather than once a week on my laptop.
Money seems to be displayed in a very strange format, I'm pretty sure it's just an error in the code but rather than a £ sign it appears as '£' and then the amount.
Also in client summary it would be easier to display how many sessions they have remaining in their current package. It is pretty obvious with a new client but with an older client who has booked recurring slots it is almost impossible to workout where they are from 'total sessions complete' and 'upcoming sessions'

Those points aside it is still by far the best purchase I have made for organising all of my client records and keeping up to date with payments. It really has made a massive difference to my business and I would recommend it to ant fitness professional or business. Thank you.

Response from PTminder

Thanks Gary! We'll address those comments regarding the mobile apps ASAP =)

Moayyed F.

Excellent business management and organisation tool for PTs

Reviewed on 2017/04/08

Versatile app that covers all the business organisation needs and more for a small PT business like mine. Well organised process flow that seamlessly places time and financial data in to synced records. Simple dashboards and the ability to crunch complex reports like average time costs, projections and reconciled earnings make this software a reliable virtual finance and admin department.

Pros

Reconciliation and calendar management

Cons

Lack of options in app version.
Bugs in app.

Moayyed F.

Comprehensive PT and studio management tool

Reviewed on 2019/04/18

Financial reporting hygiene and reliable scheduling removes the need for any accounting administrative staff.

Pros

Comprehensively covers PT business needs. Native workflow is educative for new business owners to get total control over administration. Financial reporting and calendar management are synced well.
It also covers all my CRM needs in real time.

Cons

Complex UI. App doesn't flow well across screens. Tedious to make new calendar entries.

Andre L.

Best PT Scheduling Software

Reviewed on 2017/04/08

Customer service, customer service, customer service!!! They excel in giving you the best user experience and service if you have ANY issues with their software. Their super friendly staff responds almost immediately when you have questions and my experience has only been positive with them.

They are constantly updating their system and going according to user feedback, so if there is a feature you would like implemented, please ask them as they may try to implement it depending on the demand (they actually listen to you)! I seen this happen firsthand.

It did not take me very long to understand how their system worked, you get these cool and simple financial graphs to let you know how much you are bringing in, staff and client scheduling is very intuitive, you can integrate online payments with their software, which is awesome (you get you very own online store through them), they have a phone app that syncs everything when you are on the go and the list of features goes on and on!

I tried many software when I was shopping around and I immediately wanted this within 15 min of trying it.

Just try it, you have nothing to lose and their amazing staff will have your back!

Pros

Everything

Cons

Maybe the pricing to add additional trainers/staff, but the customer service you receive and the quality of the software makes it worth it.

Greg B.

Easy to use, great customer support, professional

Reviewed on 2017/05/12

Easy to use. Great support.

Pros

This software is pretty easy to use. I use it daily for my schedule. The mobile version works well in conjunction with the PC version. Keeps great track of financials great for the business aspect.

Cons

The workout portion for clients seems to be in the beginning stages. I would love to be able to use this APP by itself to schedule workouts and handle the business end however compared to another workout app I am using right now for client workouts it would not be the time to change over.