4,6
4,5
4,7
Gail B.
Company size: Self Employed

Personal Training Management made easy.

Reviewed on 2018/12/04

Accountability is necessary for any business. Ptminder's solves this with easy to setup customer financial information that keeps records on due dates and other important information keeping your business healthy.

Pros

It is a great software program that manages your schedule and financial books. It's easy to set up and record keeping will make tax season a breeze. The calendar feature allows you to book, charge and even change appointments.

Cons

I wish the workout program was a little easier to set up. It took too much time to locate exercises or video, upload and then add variables.

Tim C.

Great software to help Personal Trainers run their business

Reviewed on 2019/08/15

It makes running my business so easy in terms of the admin and finances. The system handles it all. I don't have to worry about it. I can log all of my expenses in there as well which helps massively with accounting. Clients book themselves in and can see how many slots they have left from their packages - and just buy more as and when. This means I don't have to worry about any of the administration and can focus solely on giving the best group classes and personal training sessions without the burden of the admin. Clients love it too.

Pros

It's easy to use. Set up is very straightforward. Integration with existing website is also very simple. The ability for clients to book their own sessions (within available slots) is so helpful, and allowing clients to pay online and book into classes or go on a waiting list takes all of the effort out of it. Clients particularly like the email and text reminders.

Cons

The workout planner isn't as advanced as some others, and it's not quite as set up for online personal training (i.e. remote coaching) as some competitors.

Online Personal Training Tool

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2020/08/31

Overall, this is a good option for personal trainers and the like to run their online business and deliver their programs to clients.

Pros

This was a great software I tried out for training clients online. What I liked was everything I needed to run my business was all on one app.

Cons

What I liked the least was the cost. I ended up switching to Trainerize as my online personal training tool for the cost and because it is a Canadian based company.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Ahmad M.

Terrible Software!

Reviewed on 2018/05/09

Pros

Using the software is easy. The software has the capability of being great if they cannot fix the customer service and keep the software from locking me out and having to constantly reset my password. It's very inconvenient. It's embarrassing and unprofessional.

Cons

The software will lock you out and the customer service is horrible. It even deactivated my account right when I was in thr middle of scheduling clients and trying to see my availability. Having to chat with them before you can get through on the phone is annoying especially when clients are waiting on you. Also, when I finally did get through to talk to someone. I heard a baby crying in the background as well as a lot of noise. It was distracting on top of already being frustrated. It was unprofessional and it's not how I want my business. It's embarrassing to have clients in front of me while I'm trying to access my account to schedule them and being told my account was deactivated. I am very disappointed.

Response from PTminder

Hi Ahmad, there was a specific bug in the new Safari browser causing this but we have quickly fixed that up. Our customer service team have already spoken with your company and confirmed it's all working well now. Huge apologies for the inconvenience caused. Please reach out if there is anything further we can assist with, thank you!

Sarah G.
Industry: Sports

Great support and communication

Reviewed on 2020/08/13

We moved from another cloud based software provider as they were proving to be expensive for what they offered in terms of support. PTMinder although may not have all of the bells and whistles that other gym/pt software have but their support is fantastic and the 24/7 online help has been invaluable for me as a gym owner. The fact that they are constantly adding to their service is another bonus and I look forward to seeing how PTMinder continues to evolve.

Pros

Excellent value for money, 24/7 online support!! regular updates, good value for money. The online support is fantastic.

Cons

Calendar booking is a little clunky and would benefit from a feature that allows bulk actions in the calendar. The transaction and invoice linking could be more streamlined and the option to record outgoing, and incoming communication that you have had with specific clients in their member profile would be beneficial.

Summer N.

Love it

Reviewed on 2020/05/13

Excellent.

Pros

We upgraded PT minder from MindBody and never looked back. The system is excellent and the support team are always available and helpful. I’ve recommended PT Minder to lots of industry contacts.

Cons

Anything that I find might be lacking they fix or add in to the development pipeline. Can’t fault it.

Response from PTminder

Thank you for the review Summer! :)

Amanda M.

Bloody brilliant!

Reviewed on 2020/01/17

I don't think I could run my PT business without it! So far no other similar company has come close to offering what PT Minder does, especially for the price and value!

Pros

Customer support is available 24/7 and never not been able to help. The software itself is super easy to use and gets better and better each year.

Cons

Only small changes to how the assessment page works but it's a personal preference.

Mike P.

All you need for client profiles

Reviewed on 2018/01/20

Pros

The Calendar is easy to use and book clients in or block out certain times or days, you can add unlimited clients and separate them into active live and previous, set up membership payments and direct debits, create training and nutrition plans and send or print them.

Cons

Unable to sync calendar with iPhone newer than iPhone 5, guide to sync calendar is outdated and needs updating. Not clear on what payments are direct debit and what are one off payments I.e membership is recurring and payments are one off.

Nancy P.

Absolutely love it. Monthly rates for this program in comparison to others is much lower!

Reviewed on 2018/02/16

Pros

Very easy to use! I was skeptical with such low monthly dues but was pleasantly surprised when it did everything I needed it to for scheduling, organization, follow-ups and transactions. Definitely recommending this program to other Anytime Fitness franchise owners. This was my first time managing a personal training program of my own in my gym, and was provided with easy steps and excellent customer service to make that transition smooth.

Cons

Percentage rate on Stripe debit transactions, have to use Square to be competitive and save money. The great thing is you can still use the program without using Stripe for debit and credit transactions.

Gail B.

Great tool for any personal training business!

Reviewed on 2018/02/05

Staying on top of my finances is the greatest benefit. The ease of the software allows you to get setup and running in minutes.

Pros

It's like having an accountant at your fingertips with a full report of all aspects of your training business.

Cons

Would love if you added member check-in for those of us who have studios as well as taking payments directly from checking accounts. An added check-in feature would help me keep track of who is coming in regularly and who is membership is due. Right now I can only be told who is due and then try to find them to collect payment for those paying through checking accounts.

Olivia B.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Super easy to use, has it all in one for a small business.

Reviewed on 2017/04/07

I love it because it is easy to use for my small business, has most of the functionalities that I need, makes financial reports very easy to see, and plenty of ways to ensure that there are no errors for example going to Balance of clients allows me to check if I reconciled all sessions correctly and charged correctly. Which helps reduce errors in number. I have also noticed it has improved a lot in the last year, the speed of loading is better and functions work better. Super easy to navigate. Would love to see the monthly membership a little bit cheaper especially as I am a very small business with only 2 trainers at the moment. But overall, very happy, I do all my admin stuff in the program and at this point do not require any additional program to manage all the numbers and clients. Everything is in one place.

Pros

Easy to use.
Has everything that a business needs.
Easy to read financial reports.
Monthly graphs and charts are awesome visual aid of financial position. Love that I can easily jump from monthly to weekly to annually depending what data I want to compare.
Keeps you in check if you are entering numbers correctly, by being able to double check balances and see if all charges and income has been entered correctly.

Cons

Needs to be a little bit cheaper with addition of the new trainers as my trainers only use the diary and client tabs.

Response from PTminder

Thanks Olivia! Please get in touch if you need to add more trainers, we'll sort out a small discount for you :)

Tine D.
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Requested Feedback

Reviewed on 2017/04/22

Love the product, defintely wouldn't be able to live without it. I talk to other personal trainers about getting this! easily access calendar from my phone on the go. Love the fact that assessment information is on my phone instantly if I need it and clients can access this through their log in portal. Like the fact that I can have active, lead and past clients. I like how you can see the earnings at a glance per month.

Would like to see in the future:
-booking unavailable time in the diary through the app right now its just sessions/classes.
-payments connection to bank account to reconcile sessions that way
-private notes to be the default for sessions or at least the option rather than workout plan

Have had a few instances where I add a prepaid payment to a client click the send receipt function and it sends that information to a random client. This has happened about 4 times now and have emailed in about it to which I've not had a response from you guys. My clients are pretty cool about this kind of thing but when it involves dollar amounts when clients are on different rates, I have a very hard time trying to explain this to them.

Pros

Easy to book in clients and hold client information
App
Website log in easy
I can manage my classes and clients
Snap shot of how much made Week and Year to date
Hold assessment information in once place

Cons

Private notes not the default in the sessions breakdown
Payment information connection to your bank - have to add each payment manually
Unavaliable time is hard to use (to block own training and so that clients cant book in in that time). Needs to be a 3rd session/class type of action.

Luke A.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

A great software still in progress

Reviewed on 2017/04/07

I had been using PT Minder for 3 years I believe, and rate the software very highly.

It allows me to run my personal training business efficiently and professionally.

Plus points of using this software;

- easy to use, and organise your schedule
- efficient client booking system for classes and sessions
- pretty rounded financial reports and reconciliation aspects, keeping on top of what money you're making.
- good client profiling and information logging

Rooms for improvement;

- the workout planning side of things is pretty much non existent. An api should be used to link with programs such as Trainerize - a more efficient approach to client workout progress.
- links to more payment websites such as gocardless, Expensify, and potentially links to bank accounts to track invoices being received.
- a more aesthetically pleading and branded app - giving info on the classes and services we offer as trainers, therapists etc. Clients can they decide what to book based on this.

A very good software - just needs more integration with other software that is more advanced in other areas.

Tiffany J.
Company size: Self Employed

Overall Happy with a few kinks

Reviewed on 2017/04/13

I have been using this software for a few months and I am happy with it although there are a couple of features that I wish were improved. For my clients who miss sessions or go on vacation, the system is a bit cumbersome to track that. I have to create an owed session code and credit the customer another session instead of the system automatically tracking it for me. For clients who go on vacation, the pause feature does not let you select your own date. The dates are based on their membership start and end dates so that also makes a bit of extra work. The system otherwise is fairly easy to use and customer service is always available although I think there may be a language barrier which makes some of the communication more time consuming to explain. But they are always very nice and helpful and do follow up if there was a question they have to research. When I first bought the service, the feature of having merchandise for sale was not available and now is so that was a great improvement. There have been other upgrades based on feedback so I know that this company is willing to grow, which is great. I am a small business (sole proprietor) so this software has been ideal for my needs.

Pros

ease of use, availability of customer service and willingness to be helpful, value for money

Cons

customer service language barrier (sometimes takes a while to explain the issue), limitations for missed sessions tracking and pausing a membership tracking

Omeil W.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

this the easiest fitness software to use

Reviewed on 2018/12/08

this was the first fitness software I ever used and still,​ one of the best how it functions​ is very straightforward​, you monitor your expense​ and income. it gives a lot more freedom​ to set up your account to fit your business, this has everything you will need for your business whenever I try a fitness software I always come it to ptminder.

Pros

this is so easy to use, You get a free trial where you can add 2 clients, I can take payment, send out invoice and receipts​​ to client, booking and cancel client session, clients area where they can booking to a ​session anytime, view client's assessment, you can easily​ keep track of your clients session and they get a message reminding them only have 1 session to go etc....

Cons

the meal plan builder is poor.
the work planner is average

Kathy H.
Company size: Self Employed

Huge value for not so huge price!

Reviewed on 2017/04/18

PTminder is a phenomenal software for personal trainers.

I have used a few other software options for scheduling and you can tell that, although those other systems are significantly more pricey, they do NOT have the personal trainer's needs in mind.

PTminder's functionality is spot on, allows both my clients and myself to access anything we need on the go, and helps me go above and beyond for them in more than one capacity. I can provide workouts, meal plans, track their measurements, and then pull up the graph of their improvements, all while IN THEIR SESSION! As a personal trainer this is amazing functionality that other big organizations just aren't able to offer. Switching to PTminder was the perfect decision for my small business.

Pros

Multiple offerings: 1:1, classes, reminder emails, body measurements, food plans, and workout plans can all be added to the system for client and trainer to reference.

Cons

Limited app functionality. It will not allow me to late cancel a class participant and open a spot for a new participant to register (if there is a max number of class participants). It also won't allow me to see all of my clients in the day view if there are too many. You cannot scroll down to see them all.

Angela T.

Keeps me organized

Reviewed on 2017/04/20

This program is very user friendly and offers many functions. They are constantly looking for ways to update and improve. I have been very happy with the evolution of PTMinder thus far. The pricing is great. I'm a smaller studio and can't aford the higher cost of other popular software, but this is everything I need. I'm excited to see what else they have instore.

Pros

The pricing and easy of use

Cons

I create many different packages and lengths of service. It would be nice to have more customization with the details. Such as how often payments will be made, and the breakdown/distribution of sessions. For example, I have clients who pay monthly for 6 months, and have 20 sessions that can be used in that 6 months. (Rather than the 24 it currently automatically gives when I select 2x a week service).

Kate T.
Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Great Service!

Reviewed on 2017/04/09

Great program, have been using it for a few years now and have been impressed with the constant improvements they have been making in there software, making it more integrated and generally making my job easier. On the rare occasion that I have had a problem the customer support team have been straight on to it and exceptionally helpful.

Pros

Easy to use and links in with many other programs I use.

Cons

It would be great if there was someway to create a link from my website to ptminder for non clients to book appointments, therefore they would not require a log in.
I think there should be a way to round off/finish a financial year.
Would be great if it interlinked with MYOB for accounting purposes.

Mike A.
Company size: Self Employed

It started out bumpy. Being they are overseas it was difficult to get support.

Reviewed on 2018/06/05

Client management and scheduling seem to be the biggest attributes. The ease of scheduling and editing is a plus also, the app comes in handy.

Pros

Great for scheduling, p&l, client management, client reminders and invoicing. It helps keep track of current client as well as leads and previous clients.

Cons

It doesn't link with any other software like quick books. As mentioned earlier the support is hard being the are in a completely different continent.

Response from PTminder

Hi MIke,
Thanks for your review. Quickbooks integration is coming this year, we'll let you know once that's available :)
Also for customer support, we do have 24/7 round the clock support, so you can get in touch any time by using the "Chat with us" button on the website.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Junior H.
Company size: Self Employed

Moved to PT Minder from Mind Body Online and soooo!! glad I did. Brilliant bit of software. 5 star.

Reviewed on 2017/05/06

Value for money. Ease of use. Moving from a bigger software company that was charging a lot more PT MINDER has proved to provide a much better service at a much cheaper price. They are great!!!

Pros

Value for money. Saving a MASSIVE £600 a year in relation to what I was paying. The ease of use of PT Minder means you do not need to be constantly ringing up for support. Simple online support by live customer support normally works out any problems you may have. As well as this when the solution is given you normally find it is a simple one that you can remember for next time you are using the system. The screen interface is very good. All of my clients have said it is a very easy to use and book in. I find it a lot less confusing to use then the MindBody software I used for over a year. PT Minder also seem to take on board any suggestions and look to develop from your user experience. I have found that they are catering for all the things that I was getting with the Mind Body Software at a QUARTER of the price. As well as this is the fact that the system is very easy to use. Cannot recommend the product highly enough.

Cons

The app is not as good so I tend to use the website version when on the iPad. The 4 star rating on overall quality will be 5 star once the app is sorted.

Eddie S.
Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

A Must-Have for trainers

Reviewed on 2017/04/07

PTMinder covers all the bases for your accounting and scheduling needs. The developers have covered every possible variation with the training business. The workout and nutrition parts need some work but without those PTMinder is more than worth the money. Keeping track of schedules, sessions, client info, accounting and anything else you can think of is easy.

Pros

Intuitive, easy to use, covers every possibility with scheduling, training packages and accounting

Cons

Workout and nutrition software is no good. I use other apps that are much better.

Response from PTminder

Thanks Eddie! We've only just released the Workout & Nutrition modules recently, but we have some awesome improvements planned for them this year :)

Easily the best Fitness software for Personal trainer

Reviewed on 2019/09/17

its was very difficult going to use the other fitness software after using Pt minder for so long because they thought of everything you need to run a Personal training business successfully it covers 1 on 1, group session, semi-private plus more, you customize your website the list goes on you have to get your free trial then see for yourself you will be happy I promise you.

Pros

keep track of clients session
invoice clients and take payment
to create your exercise and diet plan for clients
track clients results

Cons

I did not like the exercise and diet planner it did not fit how to like to plan my sessions meals plans for clients

Jimmy R.

Great to a degree

Reviewed on 2017/04/11

Have been using PTMinder on and off for awhile now, and I quite like the set up. After waiting for awhile, the workout planner turned out to be a bit of a let down as you can't use it to track progress, it's just session by session print outs. Cost wise, it's also a bit pricey. Outside of that, they provide a solid service that does all the basics and then some in regards to client management and scheduling. Bit to heavy on just the financial reporting side for mine.

Pros

Scheduling and client management

Cons

Cost, workout planner is a let down

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Cheryl D.

Thrilled trainer!

Reviewed on 2017/04/07

When I finally got the courage to leave a box gym and start my own boutique gym I was extremely nervous about keeping clean records of my clients, payments, and financials! PT Minder made it incredibly easy and it gives me peace of mind that I do not have to worry and can concentrate on being the best trainer and not spending countless hours on other aspects of my business!!! Thank you PT Minder for always changing with the industry to make improvements to make it easier for me!!

Pros

How easy and simple it is to use and navigate through!

Cons

A couple of glitches here and there but always improving!

Response from PTminder

Awesome stuff Cheryl! We appreciate the review :)

Naomi I.

Best decision I made

Reviewed on 2020/05/13

Prior to joining PT Minder, my business was all manual. I really resisted taking it online (it wasn't until I went on a business retreat that I decided to make the change). Now all of my income and expenses is easy to keep track of. I don't have to worry about remembering if people owe me money. Probably the biggest benefit if having a place to direct new leads to. It saves a lot of time explaining the different services I offer and the various costs.

Pros

The online customer support team is amazing. They are incredibly helpful and it is amazing that they are available 24/7.

I also like the ease of use from the backend. I can change most things relatively quickly.

Cons

The blocking out of time can be a bit tedious. There isn't an option to block time out for tasks or meetings. You're either available or unavailable.

A "drag" feature would be brilliant, so that you can easily adjust your availability.

Response from PTminder

Thank you for the review Naomi! :)