Purplepass Ticketing Reviews

5.0/5

W.P.
W.P.
  • Used for 2+ years

Purplepass is the way to go!

Reviewed on 2018/11/09

We have eliminated​ ticket fraud with the Purplepass scanners.

We have eliminated​ ticket fraud with the Purplepass scanners.

Pros

We've worked with Purplepass the past 5 years, and Purplepass is by far the best ticket company in the United States to deal with: The customer service level is awesome. Easy to use event set up with custom ticket printing for the event. Day of the event software is easy to use & you have your funds for the event on within​ a few days.

Cons

We have had no problems with the software, ​once we learned how to work it properly​ .

Ruby
  • Industry: Entertainment

Purplepass customer service is 10/10, and helped us streamline our antiquated ticketing methods

Reviewed on 2023/09/25

We employed purplepass a couple of years ago to help our tailgate bus company, and can’t say enough about the customer service. Even though it was quite a unique operation that needed a lot of customizing, all our reps have been patient and diligent, and I couldn’t picture doing it any other way. It was a game changer for us and has allowed business to grow while streamlining the admin side of things.

Pros

The interface is easy to operate once you get the hang of it, and my rep [sensitive content hidden] is always very responsive when I need assistance. There’s never been a problem we haven’t been able to solve.

Cons

Some of the ticket build out can be a little tedious, but that’s probably just the nature of the task. The widget on our website could be better - on mobile it gives limited info, leading people to contact us not realizing the info they need is on Purplepass once they proceed.

Response from Purplepass

Hi Ruby, thanks for your great review! We wanted to share with you that the new version widgets now have extensive customization so you can control what elements of the event details are presented to the guest during the purchase process. You can show as little as just the pricing options all the way to embedding the entire event page with complete event details, maps, photo gallery, video library, and even directions to the venue! If you would like help getting the new widgets setup, please reach out to your rep and they will be happy to help you!

Cantürk
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Experiences.

Reviewed on 2022/10/14

It creates new connects and links groups.

It creates new connects and links groups.

Pros

Purplepass Ticketing is cheap and useful with new tools i suggest this.

Cons

Some tool of Purplepass Ticketing is broke.

Response from Purplepass

Hi Canturk! We tried finding your Purplepass account to reach out to you directly but we could not find any account matching your information. Also, some of your comments seem to not pertain to Purplepass such as "it creates new connects and links groups". Are you an event organizer or venue using the Purplepass ticketing platform (www.Purplepass.com)? Perhaps this was a mistaken review. If you are a Purplepass client, then please give us a call at 800-316-8559 opt. 3 any time so we can help with any questions or issues you may be experiencing.

Abigail
  • Industry: Hospitality

Makes my job a breeze!

Reviewed on 2023/09/25

Pros

The product is very easy to use, and makes it convenient to block or hold seats if I need to.

Cons

I wish it were a bit easier to create new floorplans or venues. Most of this issue could be user-error.

Response from Purplepass

Hi Abby, thanks for your great feedback. We wanted to let you know that we have an all-new map builder that's been created from the ground up that is the next generation of our current map builder. We took in years of feedback and suggestions and used it to create the absolute best map builder in the industry. It's extremely easy to learn and use the very first time you try it and you can build out and adjust all of your maps with ease. Please reach out to your rep to ask about how you can switch to the new next-gen map builder!

Maggie
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

PurplePass is SO easy to use!

Reviewed on 2023/09/26

Pros

The entire system is easy to work with and when there are a few problems, the customer service staff helps to resolve the issue within a few hours or less.

Cons

I like the new Beta system, but when I set up a large volume of tickets at once, the system can sometimes jam or slow down. However, once I learned how to empty old data, everything has been running smoothly. This is more due to my learning curve. The customer service staff are right there to help.

Shenn
  • Industry: Performing Arts

PurplePass is a great option for all your ticketing needs

Reviewed on 2023/08/22

We are a small community theatre and needed a ticketing solution that was robust and give patrons the opportunity to select their seats online and pay for them. Before we just used a reservation line and people would have to leave a message and we call them back when they wanted tickets. Using PurplePass has allowed to have an online ticketing presence and makes it much easier for users to purchase and acquire tickets to our shows.

Pros

Low cost to get started and handles all functions of ticketing really well.

Cons

There were some issues with the Beta version of the software but was able to receive resolutions after contacting support.

Timothy

island tailgate review

very good, easy to use and great customer service

very good, easy to use and great customer service

Pros

i just like the ability to customize events. also when i need to add something, their team is very helpful.

Cons

nothing i can say really. there is nothing i dont like that the team does not address or fix for me

Jeremy
  • Industry: Entertainment

Purplepass is an amazing product. Excellent service and support

Reviewed on 2023/09/25

Pros

Excellent customer service, technical support, dashboard, and individual customer attention

Cons

Very little I could say about what I like least about Purplepass. Perhaps just being in a different time zone but a couple hours difference is the only thing I can think of after all these years.

Brian

Very User Friendly ticketing platform

Reviewed on 2023/09/27

I have used Purplepass for my last 3 conventions handling tens of thousands of attendees and vendors and have been happy with the results and plan on continuing with Purplepass as our ticketing partner moving forward

Pros

Ease of use, very user friendly. Customer Service is top notch and equipment provided is very helpful.

Cons

Do not have any complaints about using Purplepass's services

Mario
  • Industry: Higher Education

Business Office will review the stats and payments page frequently to track incoming revenue

Reviewed on 2023/09/26

Very positive, especially during COVID as being remote sometimes mail was lost and the customer service was able to resolve payments that maybe went to an individual and not our main office and have another payment issued to account for our revenue.

Pros

The Customer Service is amazing and the response time help in timely resolutions.

Cons

An option to utilize a Company name and have a list for authorized users. Sometimes the Business Office is not included and therefore cannot assist the organizer.

Robin
  • Industry: Music

Best ticketing software ever! Great company!

Reviewed on 2022/11/05

From the day I was contacted as a possible customer, and they had to call me back in six months to make it happen, it has been exceptional. Great customer service in every possible way. Best experience I've ever had in my thirteen years of doing this job.

Pros

Super easy to learn and use. Lots of flexibility. Allows for moving of tickets to other dates easily.

Cons

As users, reserving seats for ourselves could have been better explained. The tutorials need a bit of updating, but overall, great program. Finding specific answers was a tiny bit of a problem, mostly knowing where to look, but the staff answered promptly and was always able to help.

Josh
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

An Out-of-the-Box Solution with Outside the Norm Possibilities

Reviewed on 2022/04/12

We used to distribute event tickets in person. PP has negated what used to be a few dozen people working for at least one solid day into something one person primarily manages on her own.

The first event we offered on PurplePass in Fall 2017 was cancelled due to a hurricane. If we wouldn't have had PP, it would have been a nightmare trying to refund everyone manually. Since we had PP, we simply clicked the button to cancel the event and refund everyone and it all happened automatically!
[SENSITIVE CONTENT] and the team at PP have been awesome to work with!

Pros

PurplePass has done a great job of listening to our unique needs and creating new features that enabled us to use this cloud software where other options have fallen short. They have a robust way of handling coupon codes (which we use extensively) and the plug-and-play widgets make life easy for our web design team and end customers. The software is adaptable to sell event tickets, T-shirts, or nearly anything else you want to sell.

Cons

We would love for the software to support unique display words for coupon codes. For instance, if someone types in "FreeTee", it could display "Buy one T-shirt, Get one Free!" instead to the customer.

Chemain

Great service!

Reviewed on 2022/12/27

Generally, we perform in concert halls that have an existing box office. But when our concert venue does not provide a box office, we turn to Purplepass Ticketing to help us with that.

Pros

Purplepass Ticketing is user-friendly and has great customer service. They are also continually working to improve their platform.

Cons

One feature I would love to see added is the ability to print seat locations on complimentary tickets.

Response from Purplepass

Thanks for your great review. I wanted to let you know that you are able to print seat locations on complimentary tickets. In your online management interface, go to COMP Guests, select your event, then enter their contact info. Select "CHOOSE SEATS" for ticket type so you can load the map and select the seats you want to assign. Once you complete this, the guest tickets will be generated and sent to them with their seating info on there.

In the box office, you can use the COMP payment method to comp an order and it and your tickets will print on the Boca with the seating info on there.

Lastly you can do a back-end sale COMP as a 3rd method of generating COMPs with seating info.

If you need help with this, please feel free to contact us anytime at 800-316-8559 or [email protected]

Jessica

Easy-to-use Product

Reviewed on 2022/11/14

I have had a wonderful experience with Purplepass.

I have had a wonderful experience with Purplepass.

Pros

This software integrated well with our Community App. Our residents in our community are able to use Purplepass to reserve their tickets quickly.

Cons

No dislikes at this time. The only thing that can be tricky is the time difference between East Coast and West Coast, but there is also typically an emergency number that can be used at any time.

Brown Paper Tickets

Reasons for Switching to Purplepass Ticketing

The best solution for my unique needs.
Adam
  • Industry: Entertainment

A ticketing team you can rely on!

Reviewed on 2019/06/14

Overall its been stellar. Far more so than the other sites I've used previously that use smaller event companies' reliance on a fancy ticketing platform to gouge extra money for capabilities that should come standard.

Pros

Its got a learning curve that doesn't exist with your typical EventBrite-esque ticketing platform but, with very little practice the customization options and availability make it far more worthwhile than the flashier, more corporate competitors. I've never felt like I was being nickle and dimed for promoting my event and, with the proper amount of time put into designing each ticketing page, they look far more professional, enticing, and on brand with whatever you might be promoting. The ambiance required to get my audience on-board with each of my immersive experiences begins with the ticket links and it is both a satisfying and refreshing to know this is available and reliable on Purplepass.

Cons

The learning curve for the more advance options was overwhelming at first and there are sometimes setbacks when paying the listing prices back to the company but both are easily fixed and overlooked.
The lack integration with platforms such as Facebook is irritating at times as tickets cannot be listed as readily on a Facebook event or boosted post but, with some creativity and patience this, too, can be overcome.

Kevin
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education
  • Used for 1-5 months

Great ticketing software

Reviewed on 2020/03/18

Overall, we love the Purplepass ticketing box office. We researched a LOT of other online ticketing platforms for our school theater and this one had the best rates, and as we came to find out, the absolute best customer service. I cannot recommend this software enough to use for your school theater ticketing!

Pros

The box office is very easy to use. We were able to train new people how to use it for a show in under 15 minutes. The customer service is absolutely excellent. They respond very quickly to any questions or issues.

Cons

I found the "promoter site" portion of the software to be very convoluted and confusing. It's not at all easy or intuitive to try to follow or to find things. I was always having to email my customer support rep to ask where to find things or how to do things. This part of the site needs to be streamlined and made about 100% easier to use. I'm good at following "how to" steps, but again always had to email my rep for him to send me the screen shots of the "how to's"....could not even find that myself on the site. I can't say enough about how bad the promoter site portion is, and how they need to fix this.

Response from Purplepass

Kevin, Thank you for your wonderful review. We appreciate the candid feedback and we 100% agree with you on your comments. We are already knee deep in an updated management interface that has taken feedback from countless clients. When released, it should help address all of your concerns.

We are always here for you if you need anything!

Bernadette

Chabot College PAC would HIGHLY recommend PurplePass

Reviewed on 2022/10/14

Pros

Customer service is above and beyond any expectations we had. We had some mountains to climb during the pandemic (ie, social distanced seating and vaccination documentation). PurplePass accommodated EVERY request we had during the pandemic and continues to listen and act on our needs and requests.

Cons

Our customers sometimes find it a little cumbersome to purchase a ticket (but in all honesty it's because they are not really computer savvy).

Aaron

Made my life very easy!

Reviewed on 2022/05/10

Overall, it made my first time as a producer for a musical a cake walk. It was so easy to sell tickets (including transferring, refunds, etc.) and we received our check less than a week after our event. Could not have been easier.

Pros

It was so easy to check the status of my events on PurplePass. Data was clear and concise, and there were many reporting options to choose from. Customer support was always readily available - I dealt with several representatives and I thoroughly enjoyed my communications with all of them.

Cons

Initial setup was a little difficult, but I believe that was partly my error. I have no doubt that if I had reached out one of the customer service reps would have walked me through the process.

Michelle
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

I enjoyed using Purplepass software and system!

Reviewed on 2019/06/14

Overall, my Purplepass experience has been positive! If I had any questions or trouble using Purplepass, each member of their staff was knowledgeable, ready to help, patient and kind. I recommend those considering a ticketing platform to look into Purplepass!

Pros

I enjoyed using Purplepass software and system! I use them for my pop-ups and art events. I like variety of options the user has to cater specifically to their ticketing needs and unique events. I was able to navigate the software and found setting up my event and tickets reasonably easy. If I had an issue, I was able to call their 24/7 customer service, and they would work with me step by step until everything I needed was up and going. Overall, I recommend working with Purplepass!

Cons

There were a few times- items didn't always update immediately.

Dyme
  • Industry: Events Services

Onsite ticketing help is great!

Reviewed on 2019/06/18

I like it. I found it through a friend of mine who uses it at all of his events. It took time to convince me to convert to this software but once I started using it, I realized how much more helpful it functions were for my needs.

Pros

I like the fact that we can use this for every aspect of the ticketing process including the door. Other ticketing software's aren't entirely helpful when it comes to making payments at the door.

Cons

The visual display isn't necessarily eye catching.

Tim

Reviewed on 2023/07/31

I had a great experience and will continue to use the services the company offers.

Pros

It was very easy to get answers to my questions. My support representative was quick to respond and assisted me with all my needs

Cons

The report for ticketing fees does not print out a usable report for taxes.

Response from Purplepass

Hi Tim, thanks for your kind words! Regarding ticketing fee report, you are able to easily generate a summary tax collection report by going to Reporting > Financial Report and selecting Sales Tax. Select your date range or specified events and the report can be exported into a nicely formatted Excel report.

If you are looking for a line-item breakdown of sales tax collection, go to Reporting > Transaction Report and select Sales Tax. Run the report and it will give you a detailed breakdown of sales tax collected for each and every item/order/customer.

Robert

PurplePass is a great value for my money and is very user friendly and efficient

Reviewed on 2017/08/05

Pros

Website is easy to use, Ticket stock ships to home within a day or 2 most. They are very fast and on point here

Cons

They are pretty on point here with very few errors. The original tickets were a bit plane but they have recently added a feature for a higher quality ticket print . No complaints

Karley
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Great Product

Reviewed on 2019/06/17

Overall experience with Purplepass has been amazing. No complaints here!

Overall experience with Purplepass has been amazing. No complaints here!

Pros

The software is extremely easy to use. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure it out. Their motto says it all “we don‘t give you what we have; we give you what you need”. their customer service is also exceptional.

Cons

I have not had any issues with this software. If I do, I contact customer service and it is taken care of.

Ben
  • Industry: Music

Purplepass - best no-frills ticketing system available

Reviewed on 2018/11/05

Very positive overall. I wish more people knew and used this platform.

Very positive overall. I wish more people knew and used this platform.

Pros

I very much like the ease of use, ticketing widgets for my website, and the ability to get paid via direct deposit weekly.

Cons

I do wish there was an option to autofill repetitive fields like venue/cap/address (saved venues, etc.).

Response from Purplepass

Ben,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We greatly appreciate it!

Regarding your wish about being able to autofill repetitive fields, we actually have a full clone feature. On your "My Events" page, you will see the "Copy" button next to each event. This allows you to use any event as a template to clone it over to a new event. So the first event needs to be filled out completely but then every event after that can be cloned over and simply change the name, date, and any other differences. This will save you a great deal of time.

Royce

Excellent so far, have used Purple Pass for two events so far and have had no issues.

Reviewed on 2018/07/26

Pros

Easy to use, custom ticket printing is great! Fast delivery of tickets with no hassles. Had a problem with a widget and got a very fast response and fix to the issue.

Cons

I can't find anything to complain about. About the only improvement to my experience would be to offer custom ticket printing templates in a variety of formats (PDF, PSD).

Response from Purplepass

Hi Royce,

Thanks for your feedback!

About custom ticket templates, we can in-fact do this! Log into your account then go to Tools -> Custom Print-at-home. From there you can customize the look and feel of your print-at-home by changing text, uploading your logo, beautiful graphics, even things like sponsors or coupons. Then you can save them as templates which can be used for different events, even for specific ticket types within the same event.

This is great for visually differentiating tickets such as making VIP stand out from GA tickets.

If you need any help with this, contact our support team at [email protected] or 800-316-8559.

Purplepass