Purplepass Ticketing

COVID19 Ready - Contactless ticketing and live streaming

W.p. L.
  • Industry: Events Services
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Purplepass is the way to go!

Reviewed on 2018/11/09

We have eliminated​ ticket fraud with the Purplepass scanners.

Pros

We've worked with Purplepass the past 5 years, and Purplepass is by far the best ticket company in the United States to deal with: The customer service level is awesome. Easy to use event set up with custom ticket printing for the event. Day of the event software is easy to use & you have your funds for the event on within​ a few days.

Cons

We have had no problems with the software, ​once we learned how to work it properly​ .

Ted P.
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Ussing PP as our POS for the wine and beer garden

Reviewed on 2018/08/14

PP allows us to serve our customers quickly and efficiently. No customer complaints. Our staff loved the system. Thank you!

Pros

Easy to use and understand allowed our volunteer staff to learn very quickly and be of service to our customers. It was a huge improvement for us in processing and reporting. System up time was 100% and scanning credit cards, viewing the screens was awesome!

Cons

Nothing. It delivered as promised. Staff is awesome!

Adam L.
  • Industry: Entertainment

A ticketing team you can rely on!

Reviewed on 2019/06/14

Overall its been stellar. Far more so than the other sites I've used previously that use smaller event companies' reliance on a fancy ticketing platform to gouge extra money for capabilities that should come standard.

Pros

Its got a learning curve that doesn't exist with your typical EventBrite-esque ticketing platform but, with very little practice the customization options and availability make it far more worthwhile than the flashier, more corporate competitors. I've never felt like I was being nickle and dimed for promoting my event and, with the proper amount of time put into designing each ticketing page, they look far more professional, enticing, and on brand with whatever you might be promoting. The ambiance required to get my audience on-board with each of my immersive experiences begins with the ticket links and it is both a satisfying and refreshing to know this is available and reliable on Purplepass.

Cons

The learning curve for the more advance options was overwhelming at first and there are sometimes setbacks when paying the listing prices back to the company but both are easily fixed and overlooked.
The lack integration with platforms such as Facebook is irritating at times as tickets cannot be listed as readily on a Facebook event or boosted post but, with some creativity and patience this, too, can be overcome.

Robert G.

PurplePass is a great value for my money and is very user friendly and efficient

Reviewed on 2017/08/05

Pros

Website is easy to use, Ticket stock ships to home within a day or 2 most. They are very fast and on point here

Cons

They are pretty on point here with very few errors. The original tickets were a bit plane but they have recently added a feature for a higher quality ticket print . No complaints

Michael B.
  • Industry: Entertainment

I only use Purplepass for my events

Reviewed on 2019/07/02

I've been using Purplepass for about 4 years now and love it. I would recommend them to anyone who's having an event.

Pros

Very easy to use, and the fees on tickets for buyers is very low.

Cons

I pretty much like everything, very easy to navigate.

Matthew C.
  • Industry: Fund-Raising

Fantastic Company

Reviewed on 2017/02/04

In the past Rockin For The Cure, Inc. has worked with other Ticketing companies and they were ok, didn't knock our socks off, and then came Purplepass. We couldn't be happier. Everything about this company speaks quality and professionalism. There are by your side every step of the way, answering any questions or concerns you may have. These days not too many companies take pride in going above and beyond, but Purplepass does. If you hosting an event and you want a company that is going to be with you, guide you and help to ensure you event is a success, do yourself a favor and call Purplepass, you'll be glad you did!

Pros

easy of use
flexible
user friendly

Cons

None I have found...

Matt A.

Good service, low fees

Reviewed on 2017/03/15

the Purplepass crew have been responsive and helpful. I recommend their service to anyone working within a tight budget.

Pros

Ease of use, intuitive nature.

Cons

The ticketing side is a little clunky and you're unable to see how many tickets have been redeemed.

Response from Purplepass

Matt,

Thanks for the great feedback! Regarding your comment about not being able to see how many tickets have been redeemed, you can view this in real-time from your promoter login.

Log into your account, go to Stats and click on the "Attendance" tab. This will show you all of your redeemed tickets graphed out in 1 hour, 30 minute, or 15 minute intervals. You can also break this down by date, time, method, scanner, fulfillment, etc.

Purplepass Ticketing

Natalie V.
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Easy tickets sales and stat ratings .. the software made selling tickets for events a breeze ..

Reviewed on 2018/06/14

Pros

The stats and reviews of tickets sales daily ..I appreciated the easy payment deposit and processing.

Cons

The only thing I am say is that the final payment took a little longer than expected only because of tax reasons

Response from Purplepass

Hi Natalie,

Thanks for your kind words! Regarding the final payout taking a little longer than expected, unfortunately we are required by the IRS to have a W9 on file for any client that sells more than $600 in a calendar year. Without the W9 on file, we are not allowed to issue payment. However, we have your paperwork on file now and your payment has already been issued!

Can't wait to work with you next year!

- Purplepass Ticketing

Christopher P.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Easy to Use, Easy to Fix your Mistakes

Reviewed on 2018/08/12

It solves getting professional looking tickets for your event. We are a non-profit, but I mean none at all.

Pros

It is easy to use to set up your events and decide on the look of tickets for your event. Pricing is low which makes it a great choice for small events too.

Cons

Nothing really, it got the job done fast.

Briana R.
  • Industry: Hospitality
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Use Purplepass is a a Breeze

Reviewed on 2019/07/10

Using purple pass was very easy to use to purchase and also to redeem at the event. I would highly recommend this to people looking to purchase tickets for any event.

Pros

Purplepass is very user friendly. Easy to find events and easy to purchase tickets. The descriptions of the events is very helpful along with information on the venue and the capacity of the event. I also like that for the super summer theatre they have all additional information including parking information and allowed items.

Cons

I could not find anything I did not like about the software.

Lydia S.
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

A local service for a local charity.

Reviewed on 2018/11/08

I found out about Purplepass while volunteering at a different event alongside one of their executives. He was very efficient and the equipment worked really well so we decided to use Purplepass for our event "Songs Of Irish Heores", which catered to over 600 people in downtown San Diego. The initial set up was easy and the processing through the site for our guests was also pretty smooth. Over the month in the run up to the event, I had a few queries and questions. As soon as I contacted the executives, they were quick to respond and sort out any issues. It was nice to have a personal connection to a company that was only a few miles away.

Pros

I found the software easy to use. It was pretty self explanatory and the guest list upload was simple and straight forward.

Cons

Nothing. We did look into a few other sites similar to yours, but nothing showed up about Purplepass on google in our initial search. It would be great if you could boost yourselves for local San Diego companies.

Kelson H.

Reviewed on 2018/11/07

In the last year we have been working on efficiency and Purplepass has really helped that transition for our organization.

Pros

I like how customer friendly Purplepass is. I also think you have an incredibly strong customer service group who is willing to help anytime we need.

Cons

I think there is a lot of room for improvements in reporting and overall functionality. But I have learned that you are willing to adapt which I think is great.

G I.

Purple Pass - A Great Find!

Reviewed on 2017/03/10

This Team has what it takes to go the distance in Life. They have the key attributes of a successful enterprise. We look for relationships with people who have the Capacity and the Integrity to operate in this competitive Creative world of ours. Often times you find folks who have the Capacity (able and experienced in their craft) but, may not be totally trustworthy. On the other hand, people with the Integrity (honest with a great work ethic) may not have the knowledge and experience to perform at the levels our industry requires. So, it is refreshing to find people and Teams that exhibit both characteristics. The folks at Purple Pass, especially Brandon Foy and Gabriel personify both character traits.
They are true to their word, go the extra mile and they deliver results....on time.

Deann B.

Taste of Coronado

Reviewed on 2015/10/20

We have used Purplepass for the last 4 years for The Taste of Coronado. I have been very pleased with the ease of setting up tickets sales, watching the sales and stats, checking people in and new this year the mobile box office! We will continue to use PP for our event and recommend to others hosting events. My only suggestion would be to have a"sale completed" screen after the CC is processed, many people thought it didnt go through and charged the customer twice.

Response from Purplepass

Thank you for your kind words! It has been our pleasure working with you and your team over the last several years. In response to your suggestion, we have discussed your feedback with the team and have already implemented this update for the next version of our box office release.

Fareha Q.
  • Industry: Gambling & Casinos

Great. Easy to use.

Reviewed on 2017/08/02

Easy to use. Everything is all in one!

Pros

Easy to use and breaks everything down. Customer Support is awesome. Brandon is excellent help. I like that you can add promo codes,

Cons

I would like to have a more breakdown of ticket stats. As far as who was using the coupons and who paid (for each row).

Alex O.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Extra marketing was a bonus!

Reviewed on 2019/06/14

Positive, will use again, I’ll like how easy it is to make different types of links to my ticketing page which made my event look super professional!

Pros

I liked the extra marketing, easy to use website, the slickness of how my ticketing page looked to costumers, getting paid was easy, adding offers/discounts was super simple 11/10 would recommend.

Cons

I didn’t find out until my tickets were live that people buying tickets would get an extra fee, so I wish I’d kept that in mind.

Theresa S.

Great customer service A+

Reviewed on 2014/07/22

The obvious con, price. I wish it didn't cost so much. I think a flat fee would be better. Pros a many. Kiosk equipment at no cost. Easy to use website. But the best perk is the customer service. I immediately upon signing up received an email from Gabe which included his cell phone number. I have called him 3 times, once after 5pm and he answered every time. He also stayed on the phone with me until all questions and issues were handled. I am a new customer and so far so good.

Amanda V.
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Outstanding and cost effective for our non-profit!

Reviewed on 2017/05/25

Professionalism and exclusivity of our event!

Pros

We have never used bar-coded tickets before - I loved how we could associate each one a specific person and if/when they came to our event. The handy-dandy scanner to input ticket serial numbers when preparing for the event was great too! This product was cost effective for my organization and PurplePass's customer service was top notch.

Tom W.

Purplepass at Crossroads Haunted Village

Reviewed on 2014/12/19

They were used for both online and printed tickets. The service on printed tickets is spectacular and the online was flawless and the current system is better than it was a year ago. We understand that there are more upgrades coming and we look forward to them.

Debbie Y.

Purplepass

Reviewed on 2014/12/18

Very rare to blend technology and customer care. Purplepass exceeds both. The web site is easy to navigate and is filled with valuable tools to help your event. The staff is responsive and courteous. Kudos!!

Mari F.

VERSATILE RADIO REVIEW

Reviewed on 2014/06/25

PURPLEPASS TICKETING IS VERY SIMPLE, AND MAKES THINGS A WHOLE LOT EASIER AS MY EVENT IS IN THE DEVELOPING MODE. IF I WOULD HAVE KNOWN THERE WAS PURPLEPASS A LONG TIME AGO, I WOULD HAVE BEEN DOING EVENTS YEARS AGO.

Wayne C.

Purplepass Rocks!

Reviewed on 2015/10/01

Gabe and all his staff are always there when needed and are on the cutting edge of ticket fulfillment and data collection and inhouse-marketing.

Gregory B.
  • Industry: Music

FTMP Events

Reviewed on 2018/11/11

Purplepass has been FTMP Events' ticketing service for over 5 years, and we stick with it due to the reliability and great service. We highly recommend them to anyone interested in selling tickets online for event(s).

Pros

Low fees for customers, no minimum sales limits for promoters, great customer service and very quick turn-around

Cons

Only thing that causes some confusion is the ticket links re-direct to a large string. Like http://www.purplepass.com/DOYLE122118 when loaded, turns into https://www.purplepass.com/#170920/FTMP_Events-DOYLE_(legendary_ex-guitarist_of_The_Misfits)-Buffalo_Iron_Works-December-21-2018.html

Response from Purplepass

Gregory,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We wanted to reach out and help explain the URL issue you mentioned. Short-cut URLs make it easy for sharing and promoting a direct link to your event page. However, when someone enters that link, we will redirect them to the long form of the URL as you have shown.

The reason for this is that the long form URL is Search Engine Optimized (SEO) since it provides the event name, event organizer, venue name, and the date of the event. This is extremely valuable in getting your event picked up and listed at the top of search engines.

So although it does redirect, it does not affect the buying process at all. Any additional questions, please let us know. You can call us at 800-316-8559 (Press option 3), email us [email protected], or log into your account and click the live chat icon at the lower right. We are here to help!

Selene M.
  • Industry: Media Production

The software was easy to use and intuitive. Customer service was exemplary!

Reviewed on 2018/06/18

Easy to use, functionality, competitive price, friendly and responsive reps.

Pros

Flexible and easy to use software and hardware. All inclusive package options at price points we can pick. Customer service was reliable and we always had all our questions answered - if an answer was unavailable then our rep made sure to find a solution we could work with. Inexpensive and extremely competitive. We have used other software from competing vendors and honestly would recommend PurplePass before recommending other software. Lots of great programming options based on our individual needs and not so overly complicated that we need an IT degree to manipulate the software - that is the bonus! Our rep, Gabriel, was great to work with and responsive to our sometimes wacky questions.

Cons

We really liked the software as it is very competitive to other programs available on the market. The only two drawbacks we found include integration onto websites - it doesn't allow the user to stay on the website - it kept forwarding to PurplePass url. Perhaps this is due to our website software - WIX- but that was slightly annoying for our users. The other drawback is really more of a suggestion - while the software is easy to use and the search functions are great - there was not enough promotions by PurplePass for the events listed. It would be great to have a calendar of upcoming events promoted through social media or on the site itself - we found we had to "search" for our event and thought it would be a better selling point for PurplePass to offer "promotions" on the site and suggested events. Target market on social media for example.

Response from Purplepass

Hi,

Thanks for your great feedback! It's very much appreciated :)

Regarding your concern about the integration, we offer a fully embedded ticket widget which allows the customer to purchase directly on your website without ever having to be redirected off of your site.

Wix is a bit challenging in that they are VERY strict with outside code. They allow it but they encapsulate it within an iFrame. We do have a "High Compatibility" version of our widget which is designed to address this exact issue.

For your next event, we will be sure to work with you on embedding the proper widget code so it works absolutely beautifully!

- Purplepass

Michael T.
  • Industry: Higher Education

Automate what you can.

Reviewed on 2018/11/06

Purplepass helps me get back to teaching instead of booking appointments for our student Massage clinics.

Pros

The software frees me up from busy work so I can focus on the important details of the event.

Cons

I would love purple pass to have feature that make it able to better book appointments and not just events.

Response from Purplepass

Michael,

Thanks for taking the time to leave your great feedback! We agree that although Purplepass works great for booking appointments for course registration or as in your case, booking massages with therapy students, it could always be made a little more straight forward. In your case, it's a bit unique as it's booking massages with students. We do have plans to further expand that side of the service to make it a bit more turn-key for unique applications like this.

As usual, should you have any questions or need any help with the setup and management of your bookings, we are always here to help! Thanks Michael!

- Purplepass Team