Purplepass Reviews

Purplepass

Complete event ticketing & pre-sale management

4.9/5 (154 reviews)
Selene M.

The software was easy to use and intuitive. Customer service was exemplary!

Reviewed on 2018/06/18

Easy to use, functionality, competitive price, friendly and responsive reps.

Pros

Flexible and easy to use software and hardware. All inclusive package options at price points we can pick. Customer service was reliable and we always had all our questions answered - if an answer was unavailable then our rep made sure to find a solution we could work with. Inexpensive and extremely competitive. We have used other software from competing vendors and honestly would recommend PurplePass before recommending other software. Lots of great programming options based on our individual needs and not so overly complicated that we need an IT degree to manipulate the software - that is the bonus! Our rep, Gabriel, was great to work with and responsive to our sometimes wacky questions.

Cons

We really liked the software as it is very competitive to other programs available on the market. The only two drawbacks we found include integration onto websites - it doesn't allow the user to stay on the website - it kept forwarding to PurplePass url. Perhaps this is due to our website software - WIX- but that was slightly annoying for our users. The other drawback is really more of a suggestion - while the software is easy to use and the search functions are great - there was not enough promotions by PurplePass for the events listed. It would be great to have a calendar of upcoming events promoted through social media or on the site itself - we found we had to "search" for our event and thought it would be a better selling point for PurplePass to offer "promotions" on the site and suggested events. Target market on social media for example.

Response from Purplepass

Hi,

Thanks for your great feedback! It's very much appreciated :)

Regarding your concern about the integration, we offer a fully embedded ticket widget which allows the customer to purchase directly on your website without ever having to be redirected off of your site.

Wix is a bit challenging in that they are VERY strict with outside code. They allow it but they encapsulate it within an iFrame. We do have a "High Compatibility" version of our widget which is designed to address this exact issue.

For your next event, we will be sure to work with you on embedding the proper widget code so it works absolutely beautifully!

- Purplepass

Julia K.

Purplepass has been awesome and had enhanced our event to be alot more effecient!

Reviewed on 2018/07/18

Pros

The scanners were easy to use. Since most our staff have personal iphones it was easy to use. The reporting tools is awesome because it shows a breakdown of the sales and fees which is easy to read. I like there is an option to do a seating chart and assigned seating. Also being able to make our event personalized on purplepass.

Cons

The app felt limited. If we wanted to scan we could only be on the "scanning mode", if we had a walk-in attendee that needed to purchase a ticket we had to remember to change modes. I didnt like the fact that I could not see a list of all attendees admitted. Not being able to add notes on ticket holders so staff that are scanning attendees into the event are alerted when someone has a notation on their ticket

Response from Purplepass

Hi Julia,

Thanks for the great feedback! Happy to hear you enjoyed our service!

I wanted to respond to your concerns regarding the app. Yes, you can scan and sell tickets on the same device but it does require you to change switch between Scan Mode and Sell Mode. The reason is when the device is in Scan mode, everything is focused around high-speed scanning. We recommend using our scanners to scan and our iPad Mobile Box Office terminals or web-based box office for selling/checking in guests. This will allow our scanning staff to focus 100% on admitting guests full speed and your selling staff can focus on selling. If you prefer one person do both, then our iPad terminals are probably best as you can easily check in guests from "Search Orders" while in sell mode.

As for not seeing the list of attendees checked in, all of that is available in your main account's reporting tab.

Lastly, about putting alerts for scanned tickets, GREAT IDEA! I will share with the team.

Gregory B.

FTMP Events

Reviewed on 2018/11/11

Purplepass has been FTMP Events' ticketing service for over 5 years, and we stick with it due to the reliability and great service. We highly recommend them to anyone interested in selling tickets online for event(s).

Pros

Low fees for customers, no minimum sales limits for promoters, great customer service and very quick turn-around

Cons

Only thing that causes some confusion is the ticket links re-direct to a large string. Like http://www.purplepass.com/DOYLE122118 when loaded, turns into https://www.purplepass.com/#170920/FTMP_Events-DOYLE_(legendary_ex-guitarist_of_The_Misfits)-Buffalo_Iron_Works-December-21-2018.html

Response from Purplepass

Gregory,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We wanted to reach out and help explain the URL issue you mentioned. Short-cut URLs make it easy for sharing and promoting a direct link to your event page. However, when someone enters that link, we will redirect them to the long form of the URL as you have shown.

The reason for this is that the long form URL is Search Engine Optimized (SEO) since it provides the event name, event organizer, venue name, and the date of the event. This is extremely valuable in getting your event picked up and listed at the top of search engines.

So although it does redirect, it does not affect the buying process at all. Any additional questions, please let us know. You can call us at 800-316-8559 (Press option 3), email us [email protected], or log into your account and click the live chat icon at the lower right. We are here to help!

Brittany N.

Purple Pass

Reviewed on 2019/08/13

Pros

The customer service has been so great! I like the fact that I have been able to talk to the same rep every time and call them directly. It makes for such an easier time to problem solve for get all of my questions answered.

Cons

I wish I would be able to pull more detailed reports for the clients. Especially from a marketing standpoint, I noticed a lot of people view the website from purple pass the most. Especially over facebook, instagram, and client advertisements. If I were able to pull the report that is shown on purple pass I would be able to upset the marketing packages you offer to our clients.

Response from Purplepass

Hi Brittany,

Thanks for the wonderful feedback! We wanted to respond to your comment about reporting. You can access your marketing analysis data by going to Stats page and viewing the "Marketing" and "Social Marketing" tabs. These show detailed breakdowns of all of your tracking IDs, referring pages (How people found you), and full sales data such as orders, tickets sold, revenue, and even how many refunds there were by marketing source.

You can also run a marketing report by going to Tools -> Custom Reporting. This includes all of the data you are looking for.

If you need any assistance with this, please do not hesitate to contact us by phone (800-316-8559), by email ([email protected]), or by the live chat on your account after you login.

Jocelyn E.

My experience with PP compared to Ticketmaster has been hands-down more efficient and user-friendly!

Reviewed on 2017/10/25

Pros

Customer Support with key account leaders for constant back and forth. Easy and accessible use of reporting. User-friendly for both the user-facing and back end. Customization of our unique product (exhibitor ticket vs. public facing ticket). Show day support. A sense of urgency for the smallest to largest issues.

Cons

Not enough suggestions for the future based on their experiences with your product or in the event industry as a whole. I would like to see more comp or case studies provided in order to make your our experiences better. Not able to customize the 'selling widget'. Not able to capture day-of geographic data information quickly though POS, currently no data collected besides redemption during day-of.

Response from Purplepass

Jocelyn,

Thank you so much for your kind words! It's always a pleasure working with the whole Newport Exhibition team! I wanted to address some of your concerns:

1) The widget can be greatly customized such as modifying verbiage, size, placement, enabling/disabling key features like shopping cart, Facebook integration, custom dividers/labels, and even 14 different themes. I know you had a long list of items available for sale which made your widget list long. We already have updates in the works that will allow you to group things like your Parking Passes into a single item and then choose as part of the check out process the different days and lots they want to park along with their associated pricing. This should further streamline the experience.

As for not capturing day-of geographics, zip codes are not stored on credit cards. You can however ask the customer and enter it during check out.

Looking forward to another great year with NIBS!

Andrew B.

the best, most consistent customer service and responsiveness of any business I've ever dealt with

Reviewed on 2017/01/28

I am co-founder of an event-related business launching in Feb 2017. We put on events across North America, with 40+ events planned for our launch, and growing.

My business partner had been using Purplepass for years. Her opinion was that Purplepass offered the best dependability and customer service of any ticketing solution, and should be the first choice for our new venture. I had suggested possibly handling ticketing ourselves, but we ultimately decided against it. My experience over the past months fully supports that this decision was correct.

For our new business, we had the need for powerful features, including a complex integration of Purplepass' API with our web platform. Purplepass worked with us over several weeks to help integrate their API with our custom application. They were extremely responsive and helpful throughout this process. In fact, Purplepass even modified their API to add features we needed!

Whenever I had a technical question or request, I would receive a highly competent, helpful, and friendly response in very short time frames. When we needed it, we could easily phone and talk to someone highly knowledgeable from Purplepass. It's so rare in this age of customer service outsourcing to consistently receive such high quality support.

Not only that, but their product is truly excellent, and I have confidence in it. Their platform has very powerful features, and is lightning fast to use - in fact I can't think of another site that feels snappier from a user perspective. The reporting and statistics features on their website are deep and helpful. They support ticketing across all our North American jurisdictions. They have a great interface that allows easily generating widgets that can be quickly embedded on our website to sell tickets for our various events. And they seem to add new features all the time.

It gives me incredible piece of mind to know that, should we encounter any time-sensitive issues with ticketing during our events, this level of support will be available for us and our customers. Not needing to provide our own in-house support for ticketing is a huge benefit that should not be discounted.

I strongly recommend giving serious consideration to Purplepass as your ticketing solution.

Response from Purplepass

Thank you Andrew for your kind feedback. We are delighted that we've been able to help you streamline and automate Veg Speed Dating.

Shenn S.

Great Product

Reviewed on 2018/11/06

We are a small community theater and our initial ticketing platform was hosted on our own server. It worked fine at the beginning, but we started having many problems with it and it couldn't handle our ticketing load. So we started researching alternative ticketing solutions to implement. We tested around 10 different systems to determine what would work best for us. In the end, we chose Purplepass. Purplepass had the most features, was the easiest to implement, and was the lowest cost to operate. Whenever we had questions, Purplepass was always quick to respond and help us get the support we needed. We have been very happy using Purplepass. It has allowed us to increase our online sales and is the #1 way our customers purchase our tickets after only one season. We would highly recommend Purplepass to any organization, big or small, that is looking for a ticketing service.

Pros

Ease of use and cost. Good support. Lot's of options.

Cons

We had a few minor issues when we first started using it, but we were able to resolve them through support from PurplePass.

Response from Purplepass

Shenn,

Thank you for your very kind words! It means a lot to us! :-)

- Purplepass Team

Adam L.

A ticketing team you can rely on!

Reviewed on 2019/06/14

Overall its been stellar. Far more so than the other sites I've used previously that use smaller event companies' reliance on a fancy ticketing platform to gouge extra money for capabilities that should come standard.

Pros

Its got a learning curve that doesn't exist with your typical EventBrite-esque ticketing platform but, with very little practice the customization options and availability make it far more worthwhile than the flashier, more corporate competitors. I've never felt like I was being nickle and dimed for promoting my event and, with the proper amount of time put into designing each ticketing page, they look far more professional, enticing, and on brand with whatever you might be promoting. The ambiance required to get my audience on-board with each of my immersive experiences begins with the ticket links and it is both a satisfying and refreshing to know this is available and reliable on Purplepass.

Cons

The learning curve for the more advance options was overwhelming at first and there are sometimes setbacks when paying the listing prices back to the company but both are easily fixed and overlooked.
The lack integration with platforms such as Facebook is irritating at times as tickets cannot be listed as readily on a Facebook event or boosted post but, with some creativity and patience this, too, can be overcome.

Anupam B.

Very pleased with Purplepass experience

Reviewed on 2014/10/10

Among a few ticketing solutions we investigated, we found Purplepass to be the most attractive from the user's perspective. Their interface to select seats simple stood out among the rest, and it super easy to configure. Our's was a special use case though, because we are membership based society which has several grades of membership. People already become members and are then given a choice of seats in their allocated zone. When we contacted Purplepass and told them our requirements, they responded back saying that it was a too complicated for their current system and that it will require them to change their internal engine to support this need. We however were very interested to go forward with this idea. At our end we created some web-services to access our data and made it available to Purplepass. Then we wrote a full requirement specification for Purplepass to implement. They started on the project a few weeks before the event and in one week or so, they had a prototype ready for us using our specification. We did some testing to make sure it met our needs, and went through a few more iterations perfecting it to an acceptable level. Note that this was done under a severe time crunch and Purplepass were very prompt in delivering our needs. We did launch a week before the event date and everyone was thrilled with the interface. As a bonus the interface also allowed the ability for members to re-allocate their seats after they have already selected their seats once. We also got thermal-printer tickets printed for the entire hall and rented scanners for box-office use. This was super easy to use. Overall I was very pleased with the experience and will use it going forward when we have big events like these.

To be honest, I have to also mention that the admin interface needs some work. It was a bit difficult for me to do the admin work by discovering it naturally. I had to go back and ask how to do simple things like seat re-allocation and re-zoning when I was expecting to discover it naturally. With the admin interface improved, this is clearly the best solution in the market.

Kelson H.

Great customer service

Reviewed on 2019/06/18

Every time I call to ask for help, Rep is so kind. He will walk me through the steps so I know what to do next time it happens. He also has walked me through all of the details for Purplepass and spent many afternoons providing training sessions with me while I learned the software. He has been a huge help. I am pleased with the software from a customer perspective, however I wish as a Promoter there were a few more features.

Pros

Purplepass is very customer service friendly. Their software is so easy to use for online ticket sales.

Cons

I don't like that it is not easy to adapt for events and festivals that are not common. We are a "unicorn" event and there are different features we need for our events that Purplepass does not offer.

James S.

Very easy to use. Excellent customer service too!

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2017/09/27

Ease of use. Multiple options conducive to our event needs. Fast check-in for attendees. And excellent customer service.

Pros

We've worked with three other ticketing vendors in the past six years, and Purple Pass is by far the best. For starters, their customer service level is amazing. They get back to you promptly, are super friendly, and work to resolve everything quickly. Their event setups are pretty detailed and customizable, and they will work with you to fine-tune things further per your event needs. Their check-in kiosks and POS check-in hand-helds are super easy to use at the gate or Registration. Events integrate great with our Word Press site and they work to customize things further if need be. Overall, just a fantastic experience.

Response from Purplepass

We were very satisfied to know we were the only ticketing company you've ever worked with that was able to automatically calculate domestic and international shipping costs for the merchandise you shipped to your customers. Next year, make sure to put aside a few minutes during the event to say hi. We were sad we weren't able to find you at the event this year :(

Thanks for being part of the Purplepass family!

James H.

Great

Reviewed on 2018/11/12

Pros

Ease of use and consistent updates of its features

Cons

Not the easiest when trying to determine your event's stats.

Response from Purplepass

Hi James,

Thanks for your feedback. For graphical stats and analytics, we suggest clicking the "Stats" button next to your event on the My Events page. This will show over a dozen graphical stats ranging from sales numbers, marketing performance, social media engagement, where tickets were sold (online, box office, phone, etc), your attendance info and even geographical heat map showing where your customers are coming from.

For more in-depth reporting, we suggest going to Tools -> Custom Reporting. From there you can create comprehensive customer-based and financial-based reports which can be exported right into Excel.

If you have any questions or would like to setup a screen share session, we will be happy to walk you through all of the reporting step by step. Give us a call at 800-316-8559 (Press option 3), email us [email protected], or log into your account and click the live chat icon at the bottom right. We are here to help :)

Adam S.

The customer service rep - is incredible! Great attitude and fixed my issue quickly!

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2018/01/19

Pros

Customer Service was amazing! The software was malfunctioning at time when I needed it most!! It was crunch time! He was the customer service rep who assisted me, and he was phenomenal! We were able to resolve the issue quickly, and he made it a pleasant experience. I highly recommend Purplepass for their customer service!

Cons

Functionality was lacking. I was in a crunch-time situation and needed to post an event immediately... yea.... the website was malfunctioning to say the least.

Response from Purplepass

Adam,

Thanks for the feedback! Naturally, we are concerned about your feedback that wasn't a perfect 5/5. We spoke with Gabriel who helped you and he informed us that functionally, everything was working just fine. The only issue was that when posting your event, there was no info line provided (either Email or Phone #) for customers to contact with questions.

When he helped you out, the reason he was able to so quickly resolve the issue is because he simply added your info number. It seems you didn't want to provide any help number and this is why you were getting the error indicating it was blank when trying to post.

At the end of the day, we are happy you were able to get everything sorted out quickly and your event posted live. We thank you for the great feedback and we look forward to working with you closely on all of your future events!

Michelle C.

I enjoyed using Purplepass software and system!

Reviewed on 2019/06/14

Overall, my Purplepass experience has been positive! If I had any questions or trouble using Purplepass, each member of their staff was knowledgeable, ready to help, patient and kind. I recommend those considering a ticketing platform to look into Purplepass!

Pros

I enjoyed using Purplepass software and system! I use them for my pop-ups and art events. I like variety of options the user has to cater specifically to their ticketing needs and unique events. I was able to navigate the software and found setting up my event and tickets reasonably easy. If I had an issue, I was able to call their 24/7 customer service, and they would work with me step by step until everything I needed was up and going. Overall, I recommend working with Purplepass!

Cons

There were a few times- items didn't always update immediately.

Sam L.

I wont go any where else for my ticketing needs!

Reviewed on 2019/06/14

Customer service is TOP NOTCH. Always prompt and extremely helpful! I can email a rep that I always work with that knows me and my company and he responds asap and always offers suggestions and provides resolutions. The equipment is modern and extremely helpful in stream lining my ticketed events. I wont go any where else for my ticketing needs.

Pros

Love this application! So easy to use and fast! I can get my events up and going ready for sales in a matter of minuets!

Cons

I cant think of anything I do not like at this time.

Daniel S.

Cloud Based Platform, But Anything New to Offer?

Used Other for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2019/07/16

Simple setup, but no significantly different features.

Pros

If you've sold tickets to any large size gathering, you know what a pain it can be to manage changes and information not eh day of the actual event. Purple pass appears to be able to handle this well with a cloud-based environment that can sync all users instantly. It also has a relatively simple setup.

Cons

As a trial user, I can't say anything about using this software on a large scale. It appears that it would be useful, but honestly I'm just not willing to risk switching without a truly compelling reason. I did not see any such reason during setup, so I'll stick with my usual software.

Response from Purplepass

HI Daniel!

Thanks for your review - We greatly appreciate it.

Purplepass is an exceptionally robust ticketing solution. Although our service works well for event organizers hosting events that do not necessarily need the advanced functionality we offer, I do agree that we really excel for the more complex events.

Nevertheless, we've rarely come across a client that was not able to greatly benefit over their existing setup. This includes advantages to marketing your event, printing promotional material like tickets, wristbands, badges, etc., or even just the overall management of your event.

We would be happy to sit down with you and go through the ins and outs of your events to help shine a spotlight on how Purplepass can help improve the ticketing experience for you and your customers.

Dyme S.

Onsite ticketing help is great!

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/06/18

I like it. I found it through a friend of mine who uses it at all of his events. It took time to convince me to convert to this software but once I started using it, I realized how much more helpful it functions were for my needs.

Pros

I like the fact that we can use this for every aspect of the ticketing process including the door. Other ticketing software's aren't entirely helpful when it comes to making payments at the door.

Cons

The visual display isn't necessarily eye catching.

Paul L.

The best ticketing source

Reviewed on 2019/07/01

Pros

What did you like most about this software?
Easy to work with and has many notable features including tracking of sales and other vital statistics.
What did you like least about this software?
Nothing
Describe your overall experience with Purplepass Ticketing (Optional)
I have been using Purplepass for over 8 years for multi events and every thing goes off without a hitch. PP is a seamless use system great for all of my needs as a promoter.

Cons

Nothing it has all the features I require.

Regina D.

Purplepass Ticketing review

Reviewed on 2019/03/26

Making it easier for my use as well as our ticket purchasers. The product we used in the past caused many problems. Since starting with purplepass we have no problems or complaints. I will continue to use them.

Pros

It was so easy to use, set up and edit. Our customers told us they found it easy to purchase tickets. I found it was easy to reassign seats if the customer made a mistake and refunding was simple. The customer service is outstanding. easy to talk to, easy to reach by phone or email. Knowledgeable staff and friendly, extremely helpful from day one. Our other schools are now signing up for their shows.

Cons

I honestly could not find one thing I do not like.

Thomas H.

Ticketing For The Duplex!

Reviewed on 2019/06/19

It's been great. Attention and service is top notch.

Pros

The ease of use. It is very intuitive and smart software.

Cons

The software can be some what finicky when I try to add copy to the listing. It would be easier if cutting and pasting work more smoothly than have to play with the fonts all the time.

Robert G.

PurplePass is a great value for my money and is very user friendly and efficient

Reviewed on 2017/08/05

Pros

Website is easy to use, Ticket stock ships to home within a day or 2 most. They are very fast and on point here

Cons

They are pretty on point here with very few errors. The original tickets were a bit plane but they have recently added a feature for a higher quality ticket print . No complaints

Karley M.

Great Product

Reviewed on 2019/06/17

Overall experience with Purplepass has been amazing. No complaints here!

Pros

The software is extremely easy to use. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure it out. Their motto says it all “we don‘t give you what we have; we give you what you need”. their customer service is also exceptional.

Cons

I have not had any issues with this software. If I do, I contact customer service and it is taken care of.

Matthew C.

Fantastic Company

Reviewed on 2017/02/04

In the past Rockin For The Cure, Inc. has worked with other Ticketing companies and they were ok, didn't knock our socks off, and then came Purplepass. We couldn't be happier. Everything about this company speaks quality and professionalism. There are by your side every step of the way, answering any questions or concerns you may have. These days not too many companies take pride in going above and beyond, but Purplepass does. If you hosting an event and you want a company that is going to be with you, guide you and help to ensure you event is a success, do yourself a favor and call Purplepass, you'll be glad you did!

Pros

easy of use
flexible
user friendly

Cons

None I have found...

Kathleen C.

General Admission ticketing

Reviewed on 2019/04/07

We have worked with several ticketing companies over the years and the Purple Pass team rises above the others. The most important element of our service oriented entertainment business is excellent customer service. The Purple Pass team is available to provide immediate answers and solutions to ticketing customers concerns quickly and efficiently. We appreciate the value this dedication to great customer service provides our business.

Pros

The online and event day products are easy to use and set up. Event volunteers can be trained in moments. Customer service was excellent. staff was available when we needed them most.

Cons

event day promotional ticket sales on tablet can be confusing.

Ben T.

Purplepass - best no-frills ticketing system available

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/11/05

Very positive overall. I wish more people knew and used this platform.

Pros

I very much like the ease of use, ticketing widgets for my website, and the ability to get paid via direct deposit weekly.

Cons

I do wish there was an option to autofill repetitive fields like venue/cap/address (saved venues, etc.).

Response from Purplepass

Ben,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We greatly appreciate it!

Regarding your wish about being able to autofill repetitive fields, we actually have a full clone feature. On your "My Events" page, you will see the "Copy" button next to each event. This allows you to use any event as a template to clone it over to a new event. So the first event needs to be filled out completely but then every event after that can be cloned over and simply change the name, date, and any other differences. This will save you a great deal of time.