Play Digital Signage

User-friendly cloud-based digital signage software

Aaron W.

Very clean, easy to use product with a fantastic customer support team.

Reviewed on 2018/03/26

Able to show logos and metrics on our internal screens across the business, ability to finetune playlist schedule (ie. Only company logo after hours)

Remotely able to update screens across different locations without ever needing to leave my desk.

Pros

Very easy to use, super intuitive, regular updates with new features - I find myself renewed with excitement for this company and product when something new gets added.

Cons

Organisation - I'm a structured folder guy, sometimes I want to group things up more, but that's a personal preference.

What I have found in my time using playsignage is that the team are usually willing and able to bend over backwards to fulfil the demand in a decent amount of time - features that were missing are now implemented because they listen.

Bruce L.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Intuitive software with fantastic customer service

Reviewed on 2020/10/07

I had an initial conversation with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] before trying out the software. He is exceptionally knowledgeable and personable, and did not try to "sell me" the product. We discussed it's potential and limitations.
Once I started playing with the software, I had a couple of questions, and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was just an email or IM away.
[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] really went above and beyond in helping me out. I am really impressed with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], the software and the company.

Pros

The software is pretty easy to use, I love the drop-in, plug-and-play capabilities. And when things get a little confusing, the customer service is beyond extraordinary, going way and above what you would expect!!

I also really liked the image and video options that come standard with the package.

Cons

I 'm not a fan of the gif's but I'm sure others could find better uses for them than I could.
It would also be nice to be able to edit my playlists from my smartphone, but having a tablet that works, helps tremendously.

Oak N.
  • Industry: Legal Services
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Easy to use, priced right

Reviewed on 2019/08/14

Pros

We've been using a commercial package called SuperSign to broadcast to our lobby TV. We used it because for a long time we wanted to display a TV station inside a frame and put a welcome message on the side of the TV to greet people.

It was very complex and a real pain for our receptionists to edit and change when clients came in. So we decided to find a better product and decided we didn't need TV broadcasting.

That opened the field wide up. I found a lot of products that would do the job but many were quite expensive. Play Signage was priced right and free for the first instance so I figured I had nothing to lose but for the cost of buying an Amazon Fire stick to plug into the TV.

I bought one and started configuring the system. I'm big on systems being intuitive and not requiring tutorials for basic functionality. I like to jump right in and if I get frustrated, ask for help or look for something better. In this case, I asked a number of questions to support about what the capabilities of the product were and they were very responsive. When I ran into a couple issues with how to do things, same thing. The best part though was how easy it was to get started and build out the playlist and publish it to the Fire stick and get it displaying on the TV. Super easy and I did that all without assistance. I'm definitely going to be deploying more of these.

Cons

The software is great, but just a general warning about the platform. The Amazon Fire stick is not a powerful platform to run the software from. When I put a "Welcome to" ticker on the bottom of a template, if I play at normal or fast speeds, it stutters when the slides above it change. If action is required for your purposes, you'll want a microcomputer platform instead of the Fire stick, but this is an easy way to test the platform and see if you like it. I put the ticker at slow speed so the stuttering isn't as noticeable and now it's acceptable for our purposes.

Harry F.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Sophisticated, yet easy to use signage development

Reviewed on 2019/08/10

Designing three displays in a visitor center. It was easy to do this without a lot of preplanning. As I worked with the Play Digital Signage editor, I was able to make improvements as I saw how things looked.

Pros

Complete functionality
Integrated with other composition products such as Google Slides
Produces a solution that runs on inexpensive controllers

Cons

Editing response time a bit slower than I wanted -- can't be perfect

The Best So Far I Found!

Reviewed on 2018/10/26

Using it over a year on multiple devices and the smooth operation and stability made my decision!

Pros

Amazing ease of use, full of features, great pricing!

Cons

Nothing at all. Everything is running perfectly for my needs!

Brian C.
  • Industry: Design

Most Comprehensive Interface of all the Signage Software Solutions

Reviewed on 2019/06/07

Pros

Ease of use and familiar Power Point type interface.
Ability to snap to grid and keep things easily lined up on the screen
Ability to put content ANYWHERE on the screen and not be limited to predefined zones
Easy broadcast to Amazon Fire TV Stick which is very economically priced.
Excellent customer support!

Cons

None to mention at this point, the software is outstanding!

Md A.

Elegant, easy & affordable

Reviewed on 2018/07/20

Attract more customers

Pros

Because of running a business, I need to try different kind of softwares. Play degital Signage one of it. It is easy to synchronize with tv and also easy to design content. 1st screen is free(free means totally free without any logo) and for additional display you need to pay. The software has so many free plug in option(weather,instagram,watch & so on)

Cons

I have tried other digital Signage software . All the free version has logo visible on the display. But PLAY one completely free for the 1st screen.

Response from Play.

Thanks for the great review - We appreciate you take the time to review us.

Daniel M.

After trying many others singage "solutions" I finally found this PERFECT software service.

Reviewed on 2018/04/24

I completely solved the management of the screens in my highschool.

Pros

Easy management and edition. Online storage of contents, including conversion of PDFs and presentations. Useful friendly plugins.

Cons

Really I don't know what to say. I only had a problem with one screen that didn't update contents but I reinstalled it and the problem was solved (I guess there was a wifi connection issue, nothing to do with the software).

Response from Play.

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the review - This is exactly the experience we want our customers to have when signing up for Play.

Hans hendrik S.
  • Industry: Telecommunications
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Their software is top notch!

Reviewed on 2017/10/30

Pros

Very intuitive to use software, and what I liked the most is that the customer support at PlaySignage was very fast to respond to my technical questions.

Cons

I wish there were more social network integrations, such as Linkedin and Instagram, hopefully some day.

Elsen K.

great product

Reviewed on 2019/10/04

Pros

Really happy with the software and would highly recommended

Cons

no cons to this service , it takes a few to get used to it but its well worth it

Scott D.

Cost-Effective and Smooth

Reviewed on 2019/10/17

Great. First time. Learned about it last week, and have signage up in less than a week. I think we can easily have this done under $400.

Pros

Cost-Effective
Media
Aesthetics

Cons

Need sound on Youtube videos
Everything else was a breeze

Wolfgang F.
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Reviewed on 2019/06/10

Pros

its very easy to use and it work online.

Cons

The transitions in the sliders falter and are unclean on some transitions

Response from Play Digital Signage, Inc.

Hi Wolfgang, thanks for your review.

Can you elaborate on "The transitions in the sliders falter and are unclean on some transitions"?

Depending on the player (More specifically player resources) animations and transitions are not always smooth.

Would love your feedback.

Brian C.
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Digital Signage applications can be rough!

Reviewed on 2018/10/18

Only one issue, and it was my fault. Default setting for a playlist is 5 seconds. I didn't change it, and then I couldn't create a playlist over 5 seconds long. The proof of good support is when you ask a stupid question like, "why can't my playlist go over 5 seconds when I set the length to 5 seconds?," and you get a polite answer. I don't think I could have answered without adding some sarcasm.

Pros

Play is easy enough to use that even the most technophobic can step in and use it with minimal training. Give me 5 minutes, and I can create a display for our front hall with 15 slides and different timings and transitions.

Cons

I wish it played animated GIFS for backgrounds.

Jeremy P.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Great Signage Software for Our Needs

Reviewed on 2018/11/20

We're using Play for our roadside church LED sign. It is very easy to set up and has good caching when our computer loses connectivity. I highly recommend overall.

Pros

There's a fully functional free version that serves our needs for a roadside sign perfectly. The software interface is very simple to use.

Cons

The only issue I had was a mistake I had made - the date on the PC running the signage was off, so scheduling didn't work. Their support team helped me find the issue right away.

Heath D.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 2019/06/28

I love the ease of use and design

Pros

I am able to go online and make quick adjustments

Cons

some of the web pages don't link on slide

Keith W.

Better than the rest

Reviewed on 2021/01/04

We needed to advise our clients of our changing opening times & services offered in this current Covid era & it has allowed us to keep them updated wherever we are.

Pros

Free single licence, ease of use, features, great support.

Cons

The WIFI connection is not detected automatically & requires setting up in the Linux screen which requires a bit of linux knowledge but much easier with an Ethernet connection.

David M.

Excellent technical support

Reviewed on 2019/10/26

Pros

Playsignage is an excellent digital signage system that is made only better by great technical support. Recently they helped us with a javascript issue over a week-end so we could meet a deadline.

Cons

We like Playsignage and highly recommend it and do not have any negative comments.

Gen V.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Best user experience ever

Reviewed on 2019/09/23

Exceptional productivity. We used to create content with canvas.com, create clips there and then transfer clips over to signage software. Now, this part has gone, we can do everything in playsignage user interface.
Huge savings on the side of effort.
And the user interface is something that you would demo for your customers as a ​reseller and not feel bad about it.

Pros

The user interface. It is so easy as it feels almost embarrassing.
It gives you the feeling that it is not for professional usage, as you have used to the fact that professional software are not easy to use.

Cons

maybe the fact that I​ cannot fine-tune and set boxes sizes in pixels.

Kadi S.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Review for Play. Digital Signae

Reviewed on 2017/03/22

This product is easing my everyday tasking - i think that should be an aim for every new software development. Easy, simple to use, beautiful to look!

Pros

It's simple to use - that is most important to me, i do not have time to deal with difficult things. Customer support was super quick and friendly!

Cons

Well, the desing is not perfectly my cup of tea but i guess that is a matter of taste!

Response from Play.

Thank you Kadi!

As for the design - we'd love to hear your feedback. Feel free to ping us on [email protected] if you have a spare moment.

Gabriel K.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

top in market

Reviewed on 2019/02/28

Pros

easy to use and customize, first screen is free,

Cons

i recommend to improve the possibilities to customize and connect with other online services

Response from Play Digital Signage, Inc.

HI Gabriel, Thanks for the great review. Regarding your mention of other online services, what did you have in mind? BTW launching Instagram in two weeks:)

Chelsea P.

Play Signage- Digital Signage made easy.

Reviewed on 2019/07/31

Cutting back on creating flyers (paper waste) and having a better timeline for releasing real-time announcements.

Pros

The ease of learning/navigating the software. After just several minutes of using the home page, it was clear it would be a simple platform to learn and turn around and educate your team.

Cons

The design part of the software is pretty limited, we had to upload quite a few pieces.

Rachel K.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

One stop shop for digital signage

Reviewed on 2019/02/05

We recently replace all of our wall signage with interactive digital signage. Our budget is happier, our printers are happier, and our members are happier having all of their information in one place!

Pros

You can access multiple devices, in multiple places, all in one account! It makes designing and updating playlists easy breezy.

Cons

It took us a while to figure out how to set this up... but, once we did - the rest was easy.

Peter L.

Good choice for small to medium size businesses

Reviewed on 2017/02/25

I'm running a few small businesses and Play. has been great for me. It's an easy to use the product and it feels well thought through. Prior to Play. I've tried a few very complicated systems, they were nowhere near as straightforward.

The main editor is incredible, haven't seen anything like it on the internet so far.
It reminded me of PowerPoint, so I could get to designing right away.

On top of that, it seems to be actively developed. The layout keeps improving and I could spot a couple new features being added since I've been using this product.

I include websites and videos in all of my displays. The uptime is great and I had no crashes so far. Thumbs up Play. Signage

Anette J.

Easiest digital signage software I'v tried!

Reviewed on 2017/03/23

Play. is really a super great software to work with. The editor is just Super easy to figure out, very intuitive and covers basically everything we needed in a Digital Signage software. We used to do all of our graphics in PowerPoint, but Play is even easier to use, its online and have so many great features. Thank you for the free screen,

Response from Play.

We're glad to hear this, Anette!

Daniel T.
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

Reviewed on 2017/01/25

I found the editor to very easy to use and offer much customization - such as adding multiple images/videos on a slide, just as easy as creating a powerpoint presentation

Pros

Initial setup is very easy, they offer one free screen

Cons

Only one free screen

Response from Play.

We're glad that you like it, Daniel.