PT Distinction

Worlds highest rated coaching software for personal trainers

4,8
4,7
Chandler W.
Industry: Alternative Medicine

Great training software for fitness and heath professionals

Reviewed on 2020/09/22

Wonderful software and I highly recommend it to health and fitness professionals who want to grow and scale an online business or in person.

Pros

PT distinction makes life incredibly easy when managing a book of online clients from check ins to content delivery.

Cons

Sometimes the support is rather difficult to work with and takes days upon days to figure problems out.

Response from PT Distinction

Thank you for the great review Chandler. We're pleased you love to software.

Sorry our support has been slow for you, we generally answer all helpdask questions within a couple of hours and aim to have solutions at the first response. Occasionally our team does need to investigate further which can take a little more time, when this happens we still aim to have the solution with you in one business day.

Thank you, and once again we're pleased you love the software!

Luke D.

Best PT software out there

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2021/01/03

Customer service has always been top notch, very glad that android has finally caught up.

Keep it up!

Pros

The customization of the software is great, you can make it your own and on the client side its come a long way.
Putting your own custom workouts in is great, and any PDFs, coaching videos etc is really handy.

Cons

Certain features I feel could be worked on.
The schedule was always a little buggy for me so I stopped using it a while back - would be good if clients could use it to put in non-scheduled workouts.

The adherence chart is a good idea but IMO needs to look more like a calendar than a daily tick sheet.
Food diary is OK but would be better if MFP could work through it (So I just use it separately)

Also the ability to take these out of view, rather than just have an empty section.

Response from PT Distinction

Thank you Luke.

Lots of good news for you...

- You can integrate MFP, in fact we have the most complete integration of My Fitness Pal of any software!

- Clients can also add items to their schedule by going to the schedule and clicking Add.

- The schedule should be perfect so if you've had an issue there please let us know and we'll check out your set up for you.

- The adherence chart is a very simple tick sheet for clients which gives them a clear view of their overall adherence making it easy to see and improve. It's a very similar chart to that used by the likes of Precision Nutrition. For a daily tick sheet in the calendar you could add habit tracking for your client as that is exactly what you describe, to do this click Add > Tracking > Habit.

I hope that helps, and thank you once again for the great review.

Ryan H.
Company size: Self Employed

Excellent software for online training, best out there

Reviewed on 2020/05/26

No problems at all, whenever I've had a question the response was fast

Pros

I believe this is the best software available today for online personal training (but not for live, in-person training, so if you need that look at PT Enhance or My PT Hub). Includes your own branded app that lets clients do their assigned workouts and lets the trainer view video of clients performing movements, which to me was a must-have feature (there are only 1-2 other software providers that currently have this, and their feature sets are not as good as PTD). PTD also lets all of your clients use the software for free for the first 30 days, a must if you are going to run online challenges. PTD even has tons of free resources about how to be successful as an online trainer. To me they are a no-brainer.

Cons

They do not integrate the trainer's calendar with Google calendar, Apple etc which makes it not great for in-person training (but they don't market this software for that anyway, they market it as being great for online training. So I'm not sure if it's fair to call that a Con.) Also as of this writing the Android app is not fully functional compared to the Apple app, which means my clients with Android phones are often better off using the web browser on their phone rather than the app. Other than that I can't think of any negatives, love this software.

Jameson S.

Solid

Reviewed on 2020/11/04

They were extremely helpful and responsive to me before, during, and after I was a customer. It's a great product, just not for me.

Pros

How it was so easy to customize the programming and automate the coaching I wanted to implement. It was a breeze to set up.

Cons

Once it was set up and going, I had no way of knowing that it was going to work. There was no confirmation screen. On top of that issue, there was no global overview of the programming I had designed.

Response from PT Distinction

Thank you for the review Jameson, I'm pleased you found setting everything up so easy.

You get confirmation the program is saved when you press save and can see what your clients see in the program by pressing on view. You get an overview of results by selecting view program results.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Jeanine E.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

The most valuable tool for my business

Reviewed on 2021/01/04

This has been the biggest asset to my business. Just when It think I am using all the features I discover another way to utilize it.

Pros

The amount of automation you can apply to certain tasks allows me to scale my business. The custom app

Cons

I can honestly say there isn't anything I don't like. The only issues I have encountered are asked by my lack of taking the time to learn how I can utilize certain features. There resources are there it just took me some time to fully utilize them to optimize my use of the system.

Response from PT Distinction

Thank you for the brilliant review Jeanine, we're so happy to be helping you scale your business.

Chris D.
Company size: Self Employed

PT Distinction - Bloody brilliant!

Reviewed on 2017/03/20

To have the ability to have a fully customised branded app to help track clients progress, habits, workouts and much more is amazing. It gives me a boost as a personal trainer, ensuring I am delivering a professional and personalised service to my clients. I have nothing but praise from all my clients, most of them think it's amazing that I have my own app.
The system is ever evolving and updates are rolling out all the time. Just when you think it can't get any better a new feature appears. The representative and his team must be busy bees behind the scenes.
The software has endless opportunities for set up. I am only scratching the surface with what this software can offer, but I know I can adapt and change it at any time. There is an extensive range of `how to' and coaching videos to ensure you are making the most of PTD.
PTD takes the stress out of training online. By having the ability to automate, but keeping that personal touch, frees me up to spend time with my family and friends.
The support is amazing. Any issues (usually finger trouble by me) are swiftly sorted. There is also a Facebook group to bounce ideas off other trainers and support each other through our fitness careers.
I have used other PT software in the past and PT distinction pulls the pants down on them making them look ridiculous. It really is the bees knees!

Pros

Fully customised app
The level of support
The automated features
The workout library
Results tracking

Cons

I struggle to keep up with all the new features.

Response from PT Distinction

Ha ha, this might be my favourite quote of any review ever- "I have used other PT software in the past and PT distinction pulls the pants down on them making them look ridiculous."

Thank you so much Chris.

Matt B.

Outstanding Personal Training Software

Reviewed on 2020/06/08

I have got back hours and hours each week that I can now use to do more important things to help grow my business further. It's been transformational for me.

Pros

It has changed my life SO dramatically and given me so much time. I used to used Excel to deliver workouts to my clients as I grew it just took more and more time PLUS the user experience of using the Excel sheets on a phone were so clunky and embarrassing. Now I easily create new programmes for clients, modify them on the fly, keep track of their progress and keep in touch with them easier than I thought possible. And they ability to create groups and communicate with groups of members at once is great too.

Cons

Honestly, it's difficult to think of anything. There is the odd, very occasional glitch, but they are always resolved via the awesome customer service team in no time at all.

Response from PT Distinction

Thank you Matt! I'm so happy we have helped you save so much time and further grow your business. Thank you!!

Sergio J.

User for 3+ Years

Reviewed on 2021/01/22

This review is LONG overdue. I've been a user of PTD for over 3-years and I gotta say it truly is a GAME-CHANGER. Not only is it super easy to use and flow through but it's helped me save so much time and opened up room for me to do the other day-to-day tasks. I use it to program and send Habit Reminders, the exercise library is STACKED and don't get me started with the Backend Support, Thank you [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] for helping me become a PTD Ninja!.

If you're a Personal Trainer, Health & Wellness Coach and want to get online to better serve your clients PTD is the platform for you!

-Serge
[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]

Pros

Easy to use.

App looks great.

Exercise Library.

Able to schedule habits, emails, messages easily.

Cons

Some of my clients were not getting notifications even when they allowed notifications and even when they deleted and re-uploaded app.

Also when they accidently check-in there's no way for them to "un-Check-In"

Darla M.
Industry: Sports
Company size: Self Employed

Exceptional software for fitness professionals and clients

Reviewed on 2020/01/25

Love the product and have only had exceptional service.

Pros

I love the ability to individualize and implement future program changes all in a simple click of a button. I love that I can add "repeating" features on the schedule-such a time saver! Clients love the app as well.

Cons

I wish there were more features (i.e. manage client calendar, payments, etc) available through the mobile app from an admin perspective.

Response from PT Distinction

Thank you for the great review Darla.

You can't manage clients via the app as there's simply too much depth for an app. However, if you login to the web portal on mobile it's as perfect as an app and allows you to manage everything for any of your clients, groups etc..

Nicholas G.
Company size: Self Employed

Amazing Software, have already recommended to dozens of trainers

Reviewed on 2021/01/21

I run my own company, as well as mentor more than 30 PT's and I couldn't recommend this software more, any new PT starting in the industry I have recommended to use PT Distinction.
I say with some authority as I have tried many other PT softwares and apps, PT Distinction is the best there is

Pros

Customised App, Templates for workouts and communication between coach and client

Cons

Nothing, I previously found the app a bit cumbersome but it has since been improved

Michael S.

The best software around

Reviewed on 2017/03/21

I reviewed every online training software available but PT Distinction was head and neck above the rest. There is not much I can't do in PTD and really makes running my business so much easier. It was so good I stared my month free trial and ended the free trial after about a week because I was so impressed I just wanted to start building my custom app and start building my business. The features and the functionality are great but they are accompanied by some of the best customer service I have ever encountered. Tim and the team are unbelievable, if I need an answer to a question the support is in place either through the closed Facebook group or direct message. I even had Ash contact me via hangouts to have a face to face chat to try and help answer any questions I may have and help get me set up quicker. The software and the service are second to none!!!!

Pros

Everything.... the fact that I can automate almost everything means that I am not limited to the amount of clients I can serve with out taking anything away front their experience and give them the best of me really gives me the ability to run a successful business and still have the time to spend with my kids. Not to mention the support Tim and the team provide is crazy!

Cons

A little overwhelming to start whilst trying to learn everything. Has so many features it takes time to familiarise yourself!

Ryan C.

Fantastic app

Reviewed on 2021/01/03

Fantastic.

Pros

All your needs in one place. Much much more than just helpful for diet and training.

Cons

The android app needs further development to bring it up to the standard of the iOS app.

Response from PT Distinction

Thank you for the great review Ryan.

It sounds like you may have missed the emails about the Android app, it was updated recently and is now even better than the iOS app. The iOS app will be updated again in the next couple of weeks.

Keron J.
Company size: Self Employed

Best Software I have come across so far!

Reviewed on 2021/01/06

Best I have ever used and i was a big fan of Trainerize but PT Distinction literally dumps on any fitness platform out there.

Pros

Integration with other platforms such as MyFitnessPal makes life so much easier as you only need to use this platform for all of your clients nutrition and training programs.

Also creating groups and setting up the time released forms and assessments to go out to every client you add into the group saves a coach so much time!!!!

Cons

it is a little bit confusing to navigate at first but once you get the hang of it it becomes fairly easy to use.

Response from PT Distinction

Hahaha, thank you for the fantastic review Keron.

Can't believe Capterra let you say "PT Distinction literally dumps on any fitness platform out there" but I love it!!

Zachary P.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Best software hands down for online coaches!

Reviewed on 2021/01/06

This has been one of the best decisions for me. It has allowed me to serve my clients and buy back time. The help desk has always gotten back to me with solutions if there has ever been an issue.

Pros

PT Distinction's biggest strength is that it is just about 100% customizable to your business's needs. Whether you do workouts, nutrition coaching, habit coaching, or lifestyle coaching, this is a great choice. Being able to set up customized habits that my clients can check off each day has been a game changer.

Cons

There are some small issues here and there I have found, but those are purely preference. The strengths definitely outweigh the cons.

Response from PT Distinction

Thank you for the excellent review Zach.

Lee B.

Excellent app 10/10

Reviewed on 2021/01/01

excellent!

Pros

i personally love the ease of being able to deploy mass workouts to groups with minimal effort and time

Cons

when you play a demonstration video clip it cuts out your music in which your currently playing and then you have to restart music

Response from PT Distinction

Thank you for the great review Lee.

Music cutting out when videos are played is device specific. Sadly some devices can't play video and separate music at the same time, others such as Samsung Galaxy S20, S21 and many newer phones can play video and music together. Hopefully this should become much more common as clients update their devices.

Thank you again for the great review.

Gareth J.
Company size: Self Employed

The best online coaching software on the market.

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2017/03/23

I have been using this system for over a year and I thought it was good back then, but it just continues to get better and better with new developments coming on board all the time. The team behind PT Distinction really listen to the demands of the user base and act on feedback really quickly. It's crystal clear that they care about the product they deliver to you as the trainer and this allows you to provide a fantastic service and product to your clients which is the most important thing.

Pros

The flexibility to deliver excellent coaching to my clients remotely.

Cons

No real cons to speak of as any recommended improvements have been quickly implemented to date.

Response from PT Distinction

Thank you for the great review Gareth.

I love this piece of advice as it's so true - " make sure you take some time to learn the features of the system through the many video tutorials as it's power can be hidden away."

Dominique M.
Company size: Self Employed

User-Friendly and lots of options

Reviewed on 2021/01/04

This app is the total package if you want to run a profesionnal online business. It's easy to navigate and to program automations. The connection I have with my clients because of all the info I can track here allows for better results.

I've had to reach out for help a couple times and the team is extremely fast and made everything so easy to understand. I defintley recommend this company/software!

And they continuously keep improving the software... MUST HAVE APP!

Pros

I am very happy that this app allows you to put in so much automations.

Cons

I wish this app linked with external devices like FitBit/Apple Watch

Response from PT Distinction

Thank you for the awesome review Dominique.

Good news for you, you can integrate FitBit as well as MyZone, My Fitness Pal, YouTube, Vimeo, Google Sheets, PayPal and anything that links with Zapier!

To link up their FitBit your clients should login via your web portal and click Add-ons.

Sami O.

Great software

Reviewed on 2021/01/14

Pros

Great for managing your online and in person coaching. Great customer support and community forums.

Cons

Takes a little effort to figure everything out.

Thomas T.
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

A Training Must Have

Reviewed on 2019/01/08

I'm very pleased! Any and Every Personal Trainer should consider PT Distinction first! Love the ease of use along with updated features! I can easily stay in touch, manage my growth, and have all of my clients in the palm of my hand! Recommended!

Pros

Website Integration
Having Fitbit and MyFitness Pal Integration
Marketing Advise
Workout Program Builder
Nutrition
Message Center
Everything I can ask for

Cons

PT Distinction has been great the entire time!

Response from PT Distinction

Thank you for the great review Thomas.

Sam M.
Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Excellent

Reviewed on 2020/05/19

Pros

Really great bit of software that doesn't cost the earth and can meet any PT or coach's need. Responsive nad helpful staff.

Cons

Takes a while to get your head around all its features. Must use frequently to get used to it.

Response from PT Distinction

Thank you for the great review Sam!

Tabitha M.

Best Software for Health and Fitness Professionals

Reviewed on 2021/01/19

Pros

I love how often the software is updated and improved. The developers treat you as if you are their one and only priority.

Cons

There is literally NOTHING I dislike about PT Distinction.

Samantha H.

PT Distinction Review

Reviewed on 2021/01/08

It enables me to scale my business

Pros

I’m a terrible technophobe and even I can use it, it’s so easy!

Cons

It can be a bit slow and clunky on occasion

Egg C.

Best customer support and very responsive to feedback

Reviewed on 2017/03/21

This is a really nifty program which does a lot more than you think on first appearances. They've recently launched a masterclass series which will assist with understanding, the program can do a lot but is not always entirely intuitive.

If you're willing to put the time in with this and make it your own, it's an excellent program which looks highly professional at a VERY reasonable price.

The support you get from Tim and his team is second to none, they respond quickly to all enquiries and take on feedback from users to make regular improvements. I would really recommend PT Distinction.

Pros

Professional look, price, support

Cons

Ease of use, unable to edit templates

Response from PT Distinction

Thanks Egg, I think the masterclasses will really help you out.

BTW - You can edit and change any templates, let me know what type of templates you're making and we will make you a video to show how.

Alastair E.

Excellent software

Reviewed on 2021/01/18

I've found the software extremely useful & the customised app is a lovely add on that goes down well with my members

Pros

PT distinction is very user friendly, easy to navigate and very functional when it comes to creating & delivering remote coaching to my clients

Cons

No really a negative, but wasn't too keen on some of the stock exercise videos

However, the software allows you to add your own, which makes the process much more personalized

Muduna K.

Easy to work on

Reviewed on 2021/01/05

Good

Pros

I love the fact that it’s user friendly. My clients and I enjoy the app and it has really helped improve my sales.

Cons

Sometime the functions disappear and one has to delete and reinstall the app for it work again.

Response from PT Distinction

Thank you for the great review Muduna.

Nothing should disappear from the app, please let us know if it happens again and we will check your set up for you.

We're happy you and your clients find PT Distinction so easy to use.