PT Distinction Reviews

PT Distinction

Online personal trainer for small businesses

4.8/5 (65 reviews)
Rob M.

Hands Down The Best Software For Online PT

Reviewed on 2016/10/31

I chose PT Distinction having tried all of the top softwares for online trainers. I had heard great things about PTD as trainers recommend them in Facebook groups I'm a pert of almost every day. I was quite excited when joining that it would be the best one.

As I looked around I thought this is good, as I looked some more I thought this is great and with every hour I spent on the software I realised it was truly incredible.

Some other softwares are good but PT Distinction is far more than just a software, it gives you everything you need to have a successful online training business. You can create any systems you like such as 7 day challenges, membership sites, free trials, flagship programs, 1-1 bespoke online training and more. You can coach your clients nutrition by video which adds that extra touch. I used to use meal plans for nutrition and clients didn't stick around long. Tim (the guy that runs PTD) suggested I try setting nutrition habits and added some video coaching, now my clients stay with me long term.

That's another thing that makes PTD stand out, they know how to create online training businesses and they teach you everything you need to know and show you how to do it. If you join up and listen to what they have to tell you, you will do well, no doubt about it.... I started with 1 online client and now have 27 and getting new ones every week.

Pros

Amazing software. Help you get clients, grow and deliver a brilliant service.

Cons

None

Response from PT Distinction

Thanks for the great review Rob. Your success is down to your own hard work and application, but thank you for giving us some credit!

I'm pleased your online business is going so well and continuing to grow. I see you mentioned the success map, it's amazing how many clients everyone that goes through it is getting!

Jeff W.

So far this has been a great platform and I love the interface. Keep it up!

Reviewed on 2017/10/20

My clients get a very easy to use platform and they LOVE the app to look up their workouts. That sets this a part from most platforms.

Pros

I really like the functionality and the consistent updates. they really put a lot of into the site and it shows. Over time this will become, if not already, the best PT software in the world.

Cons

So far not much I don't like but it would be very nice to see some more endurance activity friendly areas of the platform. I just signed up for a free trial with Final Surge which is designed for running coaches and it's great. They don't have the same exercise library as PTD does and I will probably always keep PTD so I can work with general clients more as a personal trainer. As a running coach, which is what I'm putting my focus on right now, I will use Final Surge and then ask my clients to go to PTD for the exercises. Over time I will make my own videos so that my running clients don't need to shift back and forth. Their platform is great so I would honestly consider something like that because PTD will gain more coaches that way. Training Peaks is too expensive and Final Surge isn't so right now many endurance coaches are gravitating towards Final Surge from what my colleagues tell me. I'm sure there are more platforms that are great for endurance coaches but so far Final Surge has the nod in my opinion.

Response from PT Distinction

Thank you Jeff.

As you mentioned our primary design is online training and online coaching but if we can improve our service for endurance coaches we are always open to suggestions.

I think the recent integrations of MyZone and Fitbit should help with endurance athlete tracking and we have Garmin integration coming soon as well.

If you have any exercise videos you want us to add or any specific improvements you would like to see feel free to drop us an email via the website contact from or to me directly [email protected]

Once again thank you for taking the time to leave us a great review.

Chris D.

PT Distinction - Bloody brilliant!

Reviewed on 2017/03/20

To have the ability to have a fully customised branded app to help track clients progress, habits, workouts and much more is amazing. It gives me a boost as a personal trainer, ensuring I am delivering a professional and personalised service to my clients. I have nothing but praise from all my clients, most of them think it's amazing that I have my own app.
The system is ever evolving and updates are rolling out all the time. Just when you think it can't get any better a new feature appears. The representative and his team must be busy bees behind the scenes.
The software has endless opportunities for set up. I am only scratching the surface with what this software can offer, but I know I can adapt and change it at any time. There is an extensive range of `how to' and coaching videos to ensure you are making the most of PTD.
PTD takes the stress out of training online. By having the ability to automate, but keeping that personal touch, frees me up to spend time with my family and friends.
The support is amazing. Any issues (usually finger trouble by me) are swiftly sorted. There is also a Facebook group to bounce ideas off other trainers and support each other through our fitness careers.
I have used other PT software in the past and PT distinction pulls the pants down on them making them look ridiculous. It really is the bees knees!

Pros

Fully customised app
The level of support
The automated features
The workout library
Results tracking

Cons

I struggle to keep up with all the new features.

Response from PT Distinction

Ha ha, this might be my favourite quote of any review ever- "I have used other PT software in the past and PT distinction pulls the pants down on them making them look ridiculous."

Thank you so much Chris.

Margarette A.

Amazing software and team!

Reviewed on 2017/03/20

When I first started with PT distinction, I was hesitant. I can honestly say this is the best thing I have done for my business. The PT Distinction team when I signed on was primarily a one man team. Now the team is growing and has created a Facebook community of the best and brightest trainers in the industry. They are always going above and beyond and are so kind and patient with their clients. They will not only answer my questions but even log in and fix the coding for me if I have trouble.

There have been many recommendations for the software and they not only consider (and more often than not implement) these recommendations but actually ask for them. Are there areas the software can be improved? I am sure there are some but I am also sure that the representative and his team promptly will find a way to improve any area that the trainers they serve on ask. I cannot say enough. This team is honestly just as much business coaches as they are IT. They are constantly providing information to their trainers not only of how to use the software but ways to improve our abilities as trainers.

I am so glad to have these guys and the rest of the PT Distinction trainers in my corner. You will not regret going with these guys.

Pros

Customer Service is exceptional! It may not be an immediate response but they Facebook group that has been implemented really has brought this to the next level.

Cons

Nutrition is lacking a little right now but an improvement to this is in the works.

Response from PT Distinction

Thank you Margarette. I remember your reservations at the begging, it's been quite a journey since then! Lots more success to come your way.

Tim S.

Makes Me Look Brilliant

Reviewed on 2016/01/08

PT Distinction is different to many other software's as it is all about you. My clients login via my website, my apps are now my own (I.e I have my logo, name and own listing in the Apple and Android stores!), communications come from my email address, if clients print out a program it's my banner at the top!

Even putting this level of customisation and branding asside it is still an unbelievable peice of software:

- The exercise videos are the best looking videos online and are synchronised from front and side angles.

- The tracking and charting of results is incredible. Multiple variables of any exercise compared on one graph....A true reflection of results.

- You can create assessments, programs and emails then schedule them to be delivered to your client at a time and date that you want it to go. For me this means I can set up 3-4 months worth of client programs and assessments at one time and just let it happen (though if needed I can edit and change anything, anytime). I can then run an auto responder series of emails to guide, coach and encourage my clients.

- The group's system is simply amazing! Put your coaching, programs, assessments, emails, coaching videos, questionnaires, meal plans, food diary etc...in to one coaching group and add the content to multiple clients accounts in 2 clicks!..I only use this for emails, a welcome video, some coaching videos and a few paleo recipe books but the potential with this is massive!

- Then there is the ability to create totally automated packages and sell them to the world while I sit back and relax...... True passive income! I have so far got 2 automated programs, one for coaching cricket fast bowlers and another for weight loss. They are both low cost and can help almost anyone in the world...... This is great for me as my face to face PT prices are £120 per hour so I can now help anyone and not just the rich!

- Add to all of this the latest feature that allows my clients to video themselves doing an exercise and then instantly view it alongside the correct demo video! My clients get instant feedback on their technique and the videos upload in to my account so that I can have a look and give my feedback as well.

- All in all PT Distinction is amazing and every trainer who has pride in their own work and their own brand should use it.

Mark P.

amazing product continues to improve and the service behind it will leave you speechless

Reviewed on 2017/08/22

ease of use, time saving, client friendly usability, cost efficient solution.

Pros

I've tried using a number of third party services in order to offer quality services to my clients and these guys at PTD are by far the best I've met in many years. Every third party provider makes amazing claims but few actually step up and deliver, these guys exceeded my expectations with regards to servicing my account, improving my knowledge of how to use the solution in order to help my clients and on top of all that, they're genuinely nice guys.

Cons

This is unfair as they are currently revamping their offering and the newer version sounds like it's going to be something very special indeed. A couple of things feel a little clunky at the moment but the fact that these guys are very fast in answering questions, offering help and are clearly genuine in their passion to help fitness pros the cons are basically washed out. I would've scored the product higher on the stars but the new version will likely answer any additional needs I may have.

Response from PT Distinction

Thank you for the great review Mark.

Bea B.

WOW this is incredible!

Reviewed on 2016/06/28

I tried a lot of softwares before starting my online business. I actually really liked a number of them, then I got to PT Distinction, I couldn't believe what was possible on this software.

As I worked my way through the tutorial videos I just thought WOW this is incredible. The systems you can set up, the coaching you can produce and the branding are unbelievable.

There are many great softwares for online training but PT Distinction simply blows them all away.

Pros

It has everything needed to be successful as an online personal trainer and coach.

Cons

The only con I can think of is that it takes a bit more time to set up than some other softwares. However, this is because it is branded 100% as my own so I need to put in my logos, descriptions, email address and integrate to my website. Well worth the small effort and now I have my own online platform.

Response from PT Distinction

Hi Bea,

Thank you, I'm pleased your loving PT Distinction so much and it's helping you do so well with your online business.

I think your right about the tutorial videos, it is too easy to miss them and with that totally miss out on seeing the power of PTD. We will set up some clickable walk throughs which are very obvious and guide trainers seamlessly.

Thank you for your kind words and for your constructive feedback.

Andrew L.

My Online PT Business Is Finally Growing Quickly Thanks To PT Distinction

Reviewed on 2016/12/29

The idea of online training has always appealed to me. Work from anywhere in the world, help more people and get known globally.... What's not to love!! The problem was that I struggled to get clients or even think of systems to manage and coach lots of clients online.

I joined PT Distinction partly because of all the great reviews in Facebook groups and partly because of the extra support and help with business growth that they give.

This turned out to be a great decision as I now have systems in place, a consistent flow of new clients coming in and I know exactly how to train and coach them online.

I now have a solid online income and am helping more people online than I ever have face to face.

Pros

Designed specifically for online training and coaching. Help you with getting clients, setting up your online business and everything needed to deliver online coaching.

Cons

Takes a bit of time and effort to get it all setup and branded as your own. Worth it, though!

Response from PT Distinction

Thank you Andy, what an amazing review. This is exactly why we do what we do.

Looks like your efforts are definitely being rewarded, well done, even bigger and better things to come for you.

Samuel S.

Exceptionally Versatile Personal Trainer/Coaching Software

Reviewed on 2019/09/06

Incredible software. If you are an online coach you need this. It can be overwhelming though because it can do just about everything. It almost has too many features, but you can choose how advanced you want to be with it.

Pros

You can do just about anything with it. It has an immense video library of exercises you can pull from to build programs for clients. Anything you want your clients to be doing you can schedule for them using PTD. They have a private Facebook page where the developers answer questions, which is very helpful.

Cons

VERY hard to use, at first. Takes some time to learn the basics and if you want to learn some of the more advanced features its going to be a while. Now that I understand it, it is awesome. There are still dozens of features I am not even using because I just don't have the time to try and figure them out.

7.0/10
Michael S.

The best software around

Reviewed on 2017/03/21

I reviewed every online training software available but PT Distinction was head and neck above the rest. There is not much I can't do in PTD and really makes running my business so much easier. It was so good I stared my month free trial and ended the free trial after about a week because I was so impressed I just wanted to start building my custom app and start building my business. The features and the functionality are great but they are accompanied by some of the best customer service I have ever encountered. Tim and the team are unbelievable, if I need an answer to a question the support is in place either through the closed Facebook group or direct message. I even had Ash contact me via hangouts to have a face to face chat to try and help answer any questions I may have and help get me set up quicker. The software and the service are second to none!!!!

Pros

Everything.... the fact that I can automate almost everything means that I am not limited to the amount of clients I can serve with out taking anything away front their experience and give them the best of me really gives me the ability to run a successful business and still have the time to spend with my kids. Not to mention the support Tim and the team provide is crazy!

Cons

A little overwhelming to start whilst trying to learn everything. Has so many features it takes time to familiarise yourself!

Tracy A.

Company should be called PT Awesomeness!

Reviewed on 2017/03/20

Can't recommend PT Distinction highly enough. The software is constantly evolving, taking into account what Personal Trainers (PT's) really want, need and require in terms of offering a better service to their clients. The FaceBook page offers support and even more importantly the representative listens to the PT's, responds directly to their questions and takes into account suggestions about his product. This in turn has meant that in even in the last few weeks PT Distinction has started offering some excellent software updates, is offering free training (pretty unheard of in this industry) and surrounded himself with experts who are taking the company forward. If you want to have complete trust in a company then PT Distinction is for you. They really do go the extra mile. I haven't met the representative in person, but such is his affinity and approachability with his customers that he has made me feel part of the PTD team. PTD offer a month's free trial so you can make your own mind up and see if it is a fit for you. Win Win.

Pros

That it is a go-to one stop shop.

Cons

It is a bit clunky in places and I have made a few time costly mistakes.
It is not particularly easy to learn
It doesn't automatically save as you work
Having said the above, there are video's and now free training sessions

Response from PT Distinction

Ha ha, like the title!!

Thanks Tracy.

Super powerful platform with great customer service.

Reviewed on 2018/04/10

Made my business so much easier to run and helped me get better results for my clients.

Pros

Very flexible and powerful platform allowing you to coach clients in a way that is tailored not just to your clients but to you as a coach too. Mix that with the live masterclasses, training and incredible support your on to a win with PT Distinction.

Cons

The only thing I can think of is the look of the software, though this is being improved in the next version of the software.

Response from PT Distinction

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a great review.

The look in PT Distinction V3 (out soon) is the best in any software I've seen in any industry, we can't wait to show it to you.

Martin V.

The best Online and Offline Coaching

Reviewed on 2017/03/21

I have been using PT distinction-PTD for about two years now and honestly, it is the best platform out there to deliver a high quality Online and even Offline fitness, nutrition and life-changing coaching.

The support and customer service is awesome, the team from PTD always work on new improvements and upgrades and the response time is the best I have seen.

I have tried many other products ( possibly all of them). I have a very critical eye as my goal is to deliver a highly effective, high quality but simple to use product for my clients and PTD does exactly that.

IF you wondering which coaching software to use and feeling stuck, give PTD a go, try it for 30 day free, you have nothing to lose, and you feel love it.

Martin Vanco

Pros

Quality
Support
Customer service
Easy of use for clients
Coaching capabilities
Customisation
Lots of features and constant innovation

Cons

Can't think of any

Response from PT Distinction

Thanks Martin!

Joanne A.

Joining PTD was the best thing I ever did for my PT business.

Reviewed on 2019/01/18

Joining PTD was the best thing I could have done for my PT business. It opened up so many opportunities for me and allows me to provide such a better service for my clients.
My business has grown so much over the past couple of years and this is down to PTD. I would highly recommend it, you will not regret signing up.

Pros

Being able to coach more clients in one go. Setting this up is so simple.

Cons

The fact my WIX website is quite slow with the integration, however this will all be solved when the new version of the app is out for PTD which is very soon! PTD offer a mini site anyway so I use this at the moment until the release of the new app!

Response from PT Distinction

Thank you for such a great review Jo. I'm pleased we've played a small part in helping you, your clients, and your business.

Jenn K.

Best decision to advance my business!

Reviewed on 2017/03/21

PT Distinction has been the best decision I've made to advance my business. As a trainer, we're obviously limited in the number of people we can train by hours in the day. PTD allows me to train more people, and to train those outside my immediate area.

The software is easy to use, and they really set you up for success with all of their training so you can maximizes the efficiency of the program. Customer service is top notch when you have a question, and they are always making improvements to the program based on feedback from the users.

I looked at several different systems before using PTD, and this is hands down the most professional looking and effective program.

Pros

Intuitive and easy to use. The training for users how to use all of the tools as grow your business - they don't just want you to know how to use the program, but to be a successful online personal trainer.

Cons

None

Response from PT Distinction

Thank you Jenn!

Robert S.

You Won't Believe What This Software Can Do Until You Use It

Reviewed on 2017/01/09

Incredible. You can set up any systems you like on PT Distinction, this software is designed from top to bottom to make online personal trainers succeed, train many clients and do amazing things.

The coaching they give you to go alongside the software is next level. If you're a personal trainer that wants to do well online this is the only software to use.

Pros

I set up an online challenge feeding in to a flagship product and then to a membership site in a few hours. They taught me how to set up every part of this service, to market my services and bring in clients. Incredible.

Cons

None

Response from PT Distinction

Thanks for the great review Rob. I love the way you have set up your systems and am enjoying watching your client numbers grow. Well deserved success!

Gareth J.

The best online coaching software on the market.

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2017/03/23

I have been using this system for over a year and I thought it was good back then, but it just continues to get better and better with new developments coming on board all the time. The team behind PT Distinction really listen to the demands of the user base and act on feedback really quickly. It's crystal clear that they care about the product they deliver to you as the trainer and this allows you to provide a fantastic service and product to your clients which is the most important thing.

Pros

The flexibility to deliver excellent coaching to my clients remotely.

Cons

No real cons to speak of as any recommended improvements have been quickly implemented to date.

Response from PT Distinction

Thank you for the great review Gareth.

I love this piece of advice as it's so true - " make sure you take some time to learn the features of the system through the many video tutorials as it's power can be hidden away."

Chris S.

Excellent, convenient, premium service, next level

Reviewed on 2017/11/25

Ability to offer multiple services locally and remotely.

Pros

I love how it allows me to automate basically anything I'd like to whether it be emails, reminders, texts, workouts, check-ins, and instruction videos.

Cons

V3 hasn't launched yet, it doesn't update automatically for some users and kicks them out of the app while in use.

Response from PT Distinction

Thank you for the great review Chris.

PT Distinction V3 will be well worth the wait, I promise!!

It sounds like some of your clients may need to update their app as it shouldn't kick them out. Could you ask your clients to update to the most recent version please.

If that doesn't solve the issue for every one of your clients then please drop us a message via the contact form and we will get another update sorted for you.

The only app any trainer needs to succeed online!

Reviewed on 2018/04/07

Pros

You can literally customize anything you need. From specific template workouts to deliverability of automated plans. They have thought of everything.

Cons

In the beginning there is a learning curve and you need to spend sometime getting used to it. But nothing of great quality dies;t take time to learn and once you have learned it everything is a breeze.

Response from PT Distinction

Thank you. We really appreciate you taking the time to leave such a great review.

Holly L.

Just Amazing!

Reviewed on 2017/03/22

I love PT Distinction. The features, the service, the way they help me grow my business are all just incredible.

Pros

Everything, saves me so much time, the software is better than any other and they truly care. They provide the best customer support I have ever seen.

Cons

None

Response from PT Distinction

Thanks Holly for the fantastic review. More success coming for you for sure!

James S.

Best PT Software on the market, bar none

Reviewed on 2017/03/20

I have used or trialled the majority of training software products out there, and PT Distinction is hands down the bast available. The interface is clean, the support is truly extraordinary and they keep innovating. If you want to have the best support system for online, hybrid or 1:1 training, I can't recommend PT Distinction highly enough. Truly delighted with everything they are doing, and looking forward to growing with them.

Pros

Ease of use and flexibility, plus their ability to constantly innovate and improve an already excellent product.

Cons

Some coding involved, but besides that its amazing

Response from PT Distinction

Thanks James!

Francis M.

Couldn't be happier

Reviewed on 2017/06/27

I now have a good online coaching business and continue to grow. I can easily handle a lot of clients which is what I want to do as I love helping a lot of people.

Pros

It has everything you need to become an online personal trainer. They teach you how to get clients and their stuff works. As you learn more about the software you can handle a lot more clients than you can without it.

Cons

That the forms and questionnaires are only available online via my website and not in my app.

Response from PT Distinction

Thanks Francis. We're pleased to see you doing so well.

Olly R.

Best Online PT Software Out There (Without A Doubt)

Reviewed on 2016/11/16

Having tried various different online personal training platforms, PT Distinction is by far the most well-rounded and enjoyable software to use.

I feel I can work really personally with my clients and the new schedule feature has been a huge plus for my clients.

Something that really makes PTD stand out is everything around the software. Tim and the team work tirelessly to help you build an actual business rather than just an empty platform of great software.

The insider content is always updated and I'm really looking forward to using PT Distinction for a long time and can't thank Tim and the team enough for really putting something fantastic together here.

Thanks guys!

Pros

Solid platform with varying amounts of depth. Great content teaching you how to build a long-term sustainable online PT business.

Cons

None

Response from PT Distinction

Thank you Olly.

We really appreciate you taking the time to review us.

I'm pleased your online business is growing and I'm sure it will continue to grow as you keep taking the right steps to make that happen.

Thomas T.

A Training Must Have

Reviewed on 2019/01/08

I'm very pleased! Any and Every Personal Trainer should consider PT Distinction first! Love the ease of use along with updated features! I can easily stay in touch, manage my growth, and have all of my clients in the palm of my hand! Recommended!

Pros

Website Integration
Having Fitbit and MyFitness Pal Integration
Marketing Advise
Workout Program Builder
Nutrition
Message Center
Everything I can ask for

Cons

PT Distinction has been great the entire time!

Response from PT Distinction

Thank you for the great review Thomas.

Sally M.

Very happy with PTD

Reviewed on 2017/03/24

My expertise lies in fitness, definitely not in technology. Having heard great reviews from others, I was keen to try out PT Distinction. I'll admit, it took a little learning but that's because I have zero ability with computers. With help from Tim's excellent tech team I was able to get my business off the ground much faster and easier than if I had gone it alone. Running my online fitness coaching business is now much less stressful thanks to PTD!

Pros

It streamlines the ability for my clients to access info - everything is in one place

Response from PT Distinction

Thanks Sally.

To put assessments in to the app just add them to the record sheet. Your clients can then access them via the computer or the app, whichever is most convenient to them.

I'm very pleased your online business is growing well, keep it going!!