Joel L.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Great app but terrible customer service

Reviewed on 2020/06/25

Optimistic but very frustrated by terrible customer service and lack of implementation services.

Pros

A ton of feature and you can make anything you want out of it. You have to invest a lot of time into building it out. But FileVine is very innovative.

Cons

The customer service is some of the worst customer service I have ever received in my life. You are better off getting support from Google than from FileVine. I've been emailing them for seven months on one simple issue and six months on another and they won't even respond to my emails. You are on your own.

Response from Filevine

Hi Joel, we're sorry to hear that you weren't able to give us strong scores on service--our Director of Customer Success has reached out to you to discuss your support experience. We take your feedback very seriously and will do all we can to ensure any improvements which need to be made are appropriately addressed. That said, we are glad to see you are still enjoying the vision and functionality of Filevine and hope we can bring your service experience up to par with the rest of your experience.

David M.

Goodbye server!

Reviewed on 2021/02/25

Filevine has allowed us to be much more nimble in working remotely for all employees, replaced our server, provided increased and accurate communication in our firm on cases, allows us to share parts of the file with clients, allows client communication with text messages, and permits easy customizing to further suit our practice area which is ERISA and disability benefits. In a nutshell, it has been wonderful.

Pros

Filevine came along at the right time as we had to attorneys who were working remotely. We had consistent difficulties with our server and of course that made them entirely unproductive. Filevine worked wonderfully in replacing our server and eliminating those growing costs. It is secure user-friendly and honestly the more you use it the more power you see it has. We are now greatly expanding our form letter database although we have been using a number of letters with it for over a year now.

Cons

We previously utilized Needles and the reports with Needles were very helpful especially when two or more attorneys worked on the same case. We were able to separate out the attorney time using the Needles reports. Our attorneys are paid based on their productivity and such reports were very beneficial. Filevine does not have those reports but that really is the only negative that we have seen so far.

Dawn R.

FileVine Rocks!

Reviewed on 2020/02/19

FileVine has finally brought our firm into the 21st Century!! We are now able to streamline our intake/sign-up process; easily manage/maintain our documents bringing us closer to our goal of being a paperless office; more efficiently communicate with our clients; and keep our paralegals on track with managing case loads.

The sales team and support staff were absolutely amazing! [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and the rest of the FileVine team went above and beyond to accommodate our firm, including, providing 3 separate demos to make sure EVERYONE involved in the decision making understood what was going on. LOVE. FILEVINE.

Pros

Extremely user friendly. Input and updates to case info super quick and easy. The most efficient CM software I've used in the 25 years of being a paralegal. LOVE the customization

Cons

Honestly haven't found anything I don't like yet. Only thing I would like to see...only to accommodate some of our old-school staff, is some type of integration or syncing with QuickBooks. I believe it is available but is time consuming (on the programming end) and expensive?

Jared R.

It is great at its strong points. It's number of strong points are increasing.

Reviewed on 2016/01/30

The PI department in my firm (my department) has used Filevine for about two years now. I think we were one of its first users. My firm also uses Clio. Clio has some real strengths in trust accounting and thinks like that. But Clio doesn't hold a candle to Filevine when it comes to communication.

Filevine absolutely shines in the area of communication. That is an area where Clio and other practice managers fail. The Filevine Feed give unparalleled team cooperation and collaboration opportunities. Clio notes and tasks are combersome and my firm kind of ignores that feature. Filevine notes and tasks are the central feature of Filevine (imo) and it shows that the development team built it with team communication as the central goal.

It is the only software that my office has ever used where I have been able to convince my staff to consistently take notes on what is happening in the case. I can think of at least four times in the last year where there was a dispute with the court, and insurance company, or a client about what we said or did. We pulled up Filevine, showed them our time-stamped notes and won the day.

I also love, love, love the text-to-file feature. We can assign a private texting number to each client. The clients text directly into their case feed where I team can respond in text back. Clients can text pictures to that number, and Filevine will save them to the documents folder. If i am on the go, and I need to get a copy of a client's documents, I will often just take a picture of them and text them to the client's Filevine number. The texting feature means that texts aren't fragmented between different telephones. It means I can monitor communication between my team and my client. It means that we can reduce time-wasting phone calls by answering concise texts when we are ready. Clients really seem to love it.

In all fairness, Filevine is still rough in a couple of areas. I have spoken with the developers, and I know that they are working around the clock to bring new functionality and to make existing functionality more elegant. I personally don't mind software that still has room to grow as long as it has a team that is excited about making it grow. I think Clio has that kind of a team too. I know that Filevine does.

Anyway, it is worth taking a look at it. I know the Filevine team also spends a lot of time onboarding you with customization for your own firm. It is kind of cool.

Bea S.

Excellent-A+

Reviewed on 2021/01/28

Filevine has been, and continues to be, easy to use, customizable to our firm needs and always implementing new features to meet todays everchanging technology needs.

Pros

The software is very customizable and if it doesn't do what you need or want, the FV support team is all ears. In fact, I have reached out to support regarding our particular firm needs several times and every time they have created a feature to fulfill that need. FV is always evolving, improving and adding new features.

Cons

FV is not without flaws, of course, but FV support team is Fierce and ALWAYS been on our team when we have had issues and has always provided or created resolutions.

Response from Filevine

Thanks for the awesome review Bea!

Sarwinder D.
  • Industry: Law Practice

The Best Software Out There!

Reviewed on 2021/04/05

Spectacular. Couldn't really be happier.

Pros

Ease of use once its setup. It doesn't everything that other software can't do. I am in the process of automating (docgen and fusion) my documents to make my life easier, which will be great once I'm done.

Cons

A collection section within a static section would be great. Accounting for flat fee and contingency based billing would be great.

Catherine M.

Great Tool

Reviewed on 2021/03/11

Pros

Ease of use and efficiency. Product is great for keeping in touch with clients.

Cons

adding features needs to be easier. As well as the auto generated letters.

Stacey P.

Filevine is GREAT.

Reviewed on 2017/03/14

The law firm I work for signed up for Filevine about 6 months ago. One thing I love about Filevine is that there are constant efforts to improve the software. Each firm can customize their case set up to their specific needs. It helps with client contact the texting feature is so easy to use and our clients love it! We can track all aspects of a case and have the information readily available. Customer service is also amazing! Whenever we want to make adjustments or submit a new doc gen it is done within 24 hours. Filevine has really changed the way we manage our cases for the better.

Pros

Easy to use. Client friendly. Information is readily available.

Cons

Multiple tasks. I feel overwhelmed sometimes looking at the tasks that need to be completed. Even though they are usually duplicates.

Brittny C.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Filevine Keeps Our Office On Task!

Reviewed on 2019/11/27

Everything has been wonderful so far.

Pros

I love how easy this software is to use.

Cons

There is nothing I don't like about Filevine!

Response from Filevine

We're so glad you're loving it!

Tiffany L.

Review of Filevine

Reviewed on 2021/02/25

Pros

The functionality and diversity as well as how certain features allow for easier and efficient communication. Texting feature as well as ability to make notes and "tag"/"mention"

Cons

Sometimes there are updates or glitches that cause the system to slow down.

Kimberly D.

Love this database

Reviewed on 2021/03/17

It has been great so far. Very user friendly.

Pros

This product is very easy to use. I think my favorite part is we are able to customize the program to our needs - so anytime we may feel something is missing all we have to do is add it in!

Cons

I made an error by entering some info into the wrong project - I was unable to delete it. But I was able to "move" it to the correct place so that was a cool alternatice

Chris B.
  • Industry: Legal Services

Great file management for PI attorneys

Reviewed on 2017/03/14

As an owner of a new firm, file vine has been a life saver. It's the best electronic file management system I've ever used. You can upload files through email, text, and fax, which is a great feature. It's also a great way to manage office staff by creating tasks for them easily and quickly. Can't recommend this highly enough.

Pros

Ease of use, electronic file management, great features.

Cons

Sometimes glitchy with updates, but you can let your rep know and they'll get worked out fairly quickly.

Kayley D.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Just what the industry needed

Reviewed on 2021/03/18

Pros

I love how it is all customizable and organized

Cons

Somestimes the system takes awhile to find a client even with the most unique names, I usually have to type almost the entire name at times for it to find the file

Lena N.

Reviewed on 2021/04/06

I absolutely recommend using it

Pros

My firm uses filevine to interact everyday and leave updates about cases.

Cons

The notifications can get overwhelming at times

Navid P.

Must Need

Reviewed on 2019/11/11

Pros

Organized, smooth, allows me to maximize on my goals.

Cons

Cannot think of any at this moment.
Need more time to think.

Response from Filevine

Thanks for the review Navid!

Greg R.

Filevine

Reviewed on 2021/02/11

Pros

Ok features. Slow and only functional. Nothing exceptional.

Cons

Worst customer service. Nothing but run around.

Dany M.

Love FileVine

Reviewed on 2017/03/14

We just recently began implementing File Vine into our firm and I have to say it's amazing! It is extremely easy to use and I love the updated features that are available. File Vine is beginning to make things a lot easier around here!

Pros

How easy it is to use.

Cons

I'm not enjoying the calendaring system.

Shareen G.
  • Industry: Law Practice

I Cannot Imagine that I Did Not Know About this Software!

Reviewed on 2021/02/25

a positive introduction to law office protocol

Pros

INTUITIVE; and when the Outlook add-on was implemented, I was nerdcited.

Cons

The owner of the firm did not care for the Billing feature.

Valerie L.

File Vine Use

Reviewed on 2021/04/12

Good experience.

Pros

Easy to navigate through once familiar with various tasks.

Cons

Still need to access our old systems for some information.

Tracy T.

Love Filevine!

Reviewed on 2016/05/16

It's almost perfect, and the Filevine reps keeps improving this software all the time. They listen to us when we make recommendations or ask for a certain type of improvement. This software assists with helping everyone in the office know what is going on with any case at any time.

Brent L.

User Friendly

Reviewed on 2017/03/10

Fantastic program. Very user friendly. Program continues to improve with every update. Great for Plaintiff attorneys. My employees really like it and are utilizing all the features the program has to offer, especially the texting feature.

Delaney F.
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Confusing, Missing Pieces

Reviewed on 2021/03/12

Filevine was another software we used for roughly six months as an attempt to help grow the firm and change the workflow to improve for larger amounts of traffic. However, it ended up not working for our firm and we switched back to another software.

Pros

The interface was modern and pleasant, however it could be difficult to use. Fantastic customer support and wonderful people behind the software.

Cons

The layout was not streamlined, it could be difficult to go where you wanted to. There was a struggle in organization, costs were high, and it was difficult to have multiple users working.

Carlos T.

Great for PI work!!!

Reviewed on 2015/12/02

I love File Vine because I can customized my own templates and therefore tailored the program to my way of working.

Thomas M.