Bookwhen

Flexible online booking system for SMBs

4,8
4,9
4,7
4,7
4,9
Andrea O.
Company size: Self Employed

Great for a small business!

Reviewed on 2019/11/10

My overall experience is positive. Bookings have increased, admin time has decreased and the chat support provided by BookWhen has been quick to resolve issues.

Pros

For me the greatest advantage is that it has given me more time. Doing all the bookings myself and the emails back and forth and trying to workout payment methods was very time consuming. Now I receive fewer emails to respond to with most customers just booking on and choosing to pay online. I feel that bookings have also increased since having the BookWhen system.

Cons

I'm not very good with using technology and it's taken me a bit of time to get my head around how to set up the BookWhen features and use them. I find that for me it's often a lot of trial and error. However, I do frequently go to the support section to read the articles which are most often quite helpful.
I do wish that the forms section was more sophisticated. I tried using attachments for my forms - however customers rarely print them off and bring them to class. Paper forms is something I'd really like to get rid of.

Response from Bookwhen

Hi Andrea, thank you so much for leaving us such an honest review! It's nice to learn you've got less admin and more bookings since using Bookwhen :-) We're sorry to hear it took you a while to get up to speed - do make the most of our support team, as we're always happy to help out! Regarding your forms, we'd love to chat further to see if it would be a possibility to recreate your form file as booking fields instead. Please do get in touch if this is still an issue. Best wishes, Jenny

Claire L.
Company size: Self Employed

No need to look anywhere else, Bookwhen is the best option!

Reviewed on 2019/06/26

Bookwhen has enabled me to run my tiny yoga studio with a lot less stress. I had been thinking of just doing bookings by SMS etc, but within 48 hours, Bookwhen had already demonstrated its value. There is zero chance I would remember everyone's bookings/cancellations/changes if it was done by SMS. With Bookwhen, my customers can make their own changes whenever they need to, meaning I don't need to get involved.

Pros

Ease of use, excellent customer service and fantastic pricing.

Cons

There are minor limitations... eg it doesn't integrate with Mailchimp yet. But this is offset by the excellent customer service - willing to listen to suggestions, always respond quickly to confirm whether your idea is already on their list of things to look at etc...

Response from Bookwhen

Hi Claire, thank you so much for your wonderful review. We're really pleased you didn't go with the SMS idea and chose Bookwhen instead! :D We always welcome your suggestions and feedback and look forward to many more years of working together! - Jenny

Jennifer T.
Industry: Philanthropy

Quick and easy bookings for our sling library

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2019/07/29

We run a sling library for local parents, holding three sessions each month. We're volunteers doing it for free. We were finding that far too many families were turning up for us to deal with, meaning they had to wait ages to see us, and we were stressed, run off our feet, and running over time, ending up late to collect children from school and nursery. We set up a Bookwhen account so we could organise the sessions (so everyone doesn't arrive at 11am) and set a maximum number of available slots. It's made a really positive impact... we no longer dread busy sessions and customers know they won't have to wait long.

Pros

This software is easy for customers to use and takes the load off us, because we know that once the maximum number of bookings is reached, nobody else can book, so we don't end up with over-attended sessions.

Cons

Setting up new events is a little long-winded... if we could copy an existing event and change the date, that would be handy. If I accidentally click on our own account link, I can't sign in as admin, so I have to re-enter the general Bookwhen page to log in. Also, when we send customers a link to our page, it seems to send them in to one particular time slot, and the less logical among them don't realise they need to press back to get out to all the available booking slots.

Response from Bookwhen

Hi Jennifer, thanks so much for leaving us a review!

I'd love to address some of your cons, as it will be helpful for you to know how to avoid these in future!

First off, you can duplicate an entry for exactly that reason, to save setup time by just changing the date. Send us a message if you're unsure how!

You can log in to your account from any Bookwhen link, so please do get in touch so we can explain further if need be :)

When sharing your public page with customers, make sure you're sharing just the core page url, like https://bookwhen.com/example , with the bit behind the / but nothing more than that. That way no event is pre-selected for the customer

Thanks again, so glad to hear how well the system is working for you! - Jenny

Leonie M.
Industry: Food & Beverages
Company size: Self Employed

Best Booking Software Ever!

Reviewed on 2018/05/21

It's easy to use, affordable, has great features and customer support is always great.

Pros

Not being very tech savvy, I find this system so easy to use.
I run a small home-based business so it's great that Bookwhen is not and expensive to have.
Excellent Customer Support.
It has all the features that I need.

Cons

I would say that the TROLLEY symbol should be bigger or a CART function needs to be applied as when some customers want to make multiple bookings, they don't always notice the trolley symbol near the class and so they book and pay for each class seperately. This causes an inconvenience.

Response from Bookwhen

Hi Leonie,

Thanks very much for this amazing review! Regarding the basket system, we've actually introduced a banner at the top of all booking pages with a live update on number of tickets and price, so I think this resolves the particular issue you raised :) It should be even clearer for your customers now!

Joanne B.

Love these guys

Reviewed on 2020/03/10

A;ways receive exceptional service

Pros

Bookwhen is very user friendly and an easy way for my customers to book their classes and walks. If I ever get stuck with anything the team at Bookwhen always respond quickly and are always so nice about everthing. Highly recommend

I like that there is a button to return customers to our own website

Cons

Would be nice to know whether cancellations have been made by me or the customer and for what reason with an easy way of tracking.

Response from Bookwhen

Hi Joanne, thank you very very much for leaving a great review and mentioning our team in such a positive way :-) Your feedback about making it clear how the cancellation occurred has been passed on to the team for future development. Best, Jenny

Tanya T.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Bookwhen Software Rocks

Reviewed on 2017/01/24

As a small non-profit ticketing software can be overly expensive for our organization. Bookwhen offers a great product that meets our needs at an affordable price. There customer service is fantastic, they are very helpful and we found them to be quite responsive. They continue to add new features each year which has given us additional functionality. Highly recommend this product!!!

Pros

Ease of using the product.

Cons

There needs to be an easier way to manage people that are on the wait list. Both in terms of viewing a list of all people on the wait list without having to scroll through all bookings and in terms of contacting them and booking them into a different time slot.

Response from Bookwhen

Hi Tanya,

Thanks very much for your review :) Thanks for the feedback regarding the waiting list. The function works really well for the vast majority of our customers, but I can see how things would be a bit trickier in your case as you had around 40 appointment slots per day. You're welcome to get in touch as we'd love to make the waiting list process work even better for appointment set ups like yours!

John H.

Simple but powerful

Reviewed on 2017/01/18

Dont underestimate Bookwhen. A tiny application compared to some other software booking packages but it's versatile, powerful and great to use. My clients find booking easy and repeat bookings even easier. I'm very happy with it.

Pros

It's easy for a new client to book into a class and easy for a regular client to use repeatedly and quickly. It's also easy for coaches to check on class attendance and it's veratile enought that we can use it for all of our needs.

Cons

Its clunky to keep track of cash payments and doesnt have a dedicated page for taking register once the class begins.

Response from Bookwhen

Thanks for the review, John! It's great to have astute users like you on board :)

We have plans to update the attendee sheet soon so that registering people on the day will be really easy, as will recording cash payments. We'll keep you posted!

Melissa L.
Industry: Professional Training & Coaching
Company size: Self Employed

Bookwhen: To Use or Not to Use?

Used Other for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2018/12/05

Overall, I was disappointed with what Bookwhen had to offer. I only used it during a free trial period and quickly switched back to a program that had the features I liked.

Pros

Bookwhen is extremely easy to setup! This super user friendly platform can help you with group events such as, meetings or classes. Bookwhen also offers email reminders to help reduce the amount of "no shows."

Cons

Even with the most expensive package, Bookwhen does not have the ability to integrate with other apps that supply text reminders. While they do have some integration capabilities with payment processors and such, those capabilities are very limited. Bookwhen is also very limited on its personalization options.

Response from Bookwhen

Hi Melissa, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. Your feedback around text reminders and customisation will help us prioritise what we focus on next year, and we hope to be able to address both of these needs.

For what its worth, you can already customise your public booking page by adding a header image, changing the colour and adding a logo. All of our forms also accept Markdown, making it possible to edit text format, add in photos and many other HMTL elements.

Thanks for trialling Bookwhen, hopefully we can win you back one day! If you think you'd benefit from a demo then please just give us a shout! Thanks, Jenny

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Jasmine S.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Easy to use and good customer service

Reviewed on 2020/02/25

Keep detailed track of my bookings.

Pros

Great price, as we are an NGO.
I find it easy to use and to keep track of.
I like the customisable functions.

Cons

The interface could be prettier.
I'd love to be able to use my webpage as an interface instead.

Response from Bookwhen

Hi Jasmine, thank you so much for leaving us such a great and honest review :-) If you're not using our integrated iFrame on your website yet and are interested, just drop us a message on the live chat so we can talk you through it! - Jenny

Laura F.
Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Easy set up and a wide range of functions that suit us better than other booking services.

Reviewed on 2018/06/14

Easy service for myself and my customers

Pros

The ease of use. I was able to schedule multiple events in minutes and save time in comparison to other booking services. The customer support via live chat is amazing and gives you a chance to ask any questions to help you make the most of Book When. The updates on support information are brilliant and it is clear that the customer service team listen to issues raised in order to provide a clearer guidance for future usage. I am very impressed with the software.

Cons

I have yet to find any thing negative to say about the software. I suppose it would be nice to customise my booking site slightly more but it is not necessary.

Response from Bookwhen

Hi Laura, so happy to hear Bookwhen has saved you so much time :) Please get in touch if you need any advice on customising your booking page. All of our forms accept 'Markdown' so it's really easy to adapt colours, font, formatting and add in photos to event descriptions! Thanks for using Bookwhen.

Justine P.
Industry: Education Management
Company size: Self Employed

Perfect system to manage bookings

Reviewed on 2018/10/01

Time effective way to manage bookings.
Email confirmation very helpful when a booking is made.
Overview tab very helpful.
Manages my bookings without me having to worry.
Any queries immediately responded to and there's never been a query that can't be answered by the Bookwhen team. Excellent customer service.

Pros

The ease of setting up events.
Links to payment options.
Help pages offered every step of the way.
Option to transfer tickets.
Range of payment plans to suit your business.

Cons

If someone gets stuck at the checkout for whatever reason. You can see that they've tried to book on but it hasn't worked, that's a bit frustrating from my point of view as I want them to be successful with booking.

Response from Bookwhen

Hi Justine, what a great review! Thank you so much, we really appreciate you taking the time and love hearing how easy you find Bookwhen is to use. - Jenny

Christian H.
Industry: Financial Services
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

A hassle free was to schedule.

Reviewed on 2019/04/05

Great, would reccomend and use again.

Pros

It's very straightforward to use and set up your listings. The support staff are always on hand, and they also have helpful articles to follow. Simple pricing plan makes it easy to explain to others why you need budget and what it will allow you to do. Free trial without entering card details helps to get a minimal viable product up and running to show others and argue the need for the service.

Cons

Could add some more ways to filter bookings quickly, but this can be done with easy workarounds.

Response from Bookwhen

Thank you for taking the time to give us a great and honest review Christian! If you have any more feedback on what you think we could improve around the bookings filters, please do let us know via chat or email! - Jenny

Bizzy G.

Reviewed on 2020/11/26

The situation with covid-19 impacted my business. I teach yoga and my demographic is retired older people many of who were shielding. Bookwhen gave me the opportunity to take my classes online via zoom and a way to pay using paypal. It was easy to set up and it is easy to manage.

Pros

I wanted to create a website so that clients could book and pay in advance of my classes. The costs of creating one from scratch were mounting, a friend suggested bookwhen and this proved a much cheaper and easier way of bringing my yoga business online.

Cons

The only negative is that it doesn't look as 'sexy' as wanted it to. It is a little boring in it's over all look. But it does the job and does it well.

Elizabeth R.
Company size: Self Employed

Bookwhen works flawlessly for our online scheduling needs. Clean and easy to use .

Reviewed on 2018/05/18

My clients immediately gave postitive reviews. Instead of my clients waiting until the class to pay fees, they can pay when they register via credit card. It has improved my business exponentially.

Pros

I like that the user interface is simple. Many of my clients are over 50 and they appreciate the ease of use. I thinj registering for a class should be a quick and easy experience and this fulfills those requirements.

Cons

I have struggled a little with attempting to duplicate events. Many of my classes require the same description, but with different dates, different locations. This is probably user error as I am sure there is a simole way to do it.

Response from Bookwhen

Thanks for the great review, Elizabeth! Really good to hear your customers are fans of Bookwhen too :D

In terms of duplicating an event - this is a really easy job, so please give me a shout if you have any questions on it, I can point you towards our help articles or talk you through it :)

Astrid A.

Great system

Reviewed on 2018/10/31

Pros

Great personal customer support. Software saves loads of admin time.

Cons

Nothing at the moment. Had to learn how to operate it at first, but now am mostly competent.

Response from Bookwhen

Hi Astrid, thank you so much for your kind feedback - it's lovely to hear that Bookwhen is saving you time, and you're happy with our support! - Jenny

Laura G.

very helpful customer service, a great tool for my business

Reviewed on 2018/05/16

Pros

keeping track of bookings
making amendments to bookings if needed
being able to export contacts lists easily

Response from Bookwhen

Thank you Laura! Your feedback is very valuable.

Industry: Consumer Goods

Helps us let customers sign up for classes

Reviewed on 2018/06/23

Pros

We use bookwhen to let customers reserve their spot in our weekend classes. Lets us run promotions and cap the number of attendees.

Cons

Only shows the number of spaces available for an event, not the number of attendees. We've had some issues with promo codes being stackable too.

Response from Bookwhen

Thanks very much for the review, really good to have some feedback! You can easily quote the size of the class within the event description or title if that helps? You're correct - at the moment you can't use multiple discounts on the same single booking. We're looking into offering this in the future, but please give us a shout if you want to talk about ways you might be able to adapt your promotional offers - we're always happy to help!

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Owen M.

SUMMER CAMP REGISTRATIONS

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2018/10/01

Before I started my job my organisation was still doing registrations for events through paper. This method added to my administrative duties as I had to log all data only my computer. With bookwhen that all stopped overnight. All correspondence came to me for everyone who registered and then I could download all the information I wanted.

The level of customer service from representative and everyone else is first class.
Great site and I would highly recommend this service

Pros

This site is so user friendly and it looks great too. The vast options for making the site relevant to my organisation was excellent

Cons

I don't have any. Great resource for any organisation

Response from Bookwhen

It's wonderful to hear how happy you are with our product and service, Owen! We love having you on board. - Jenny

Katie M.

Great booking process - cut our refunds and no-shows way down!

Reviewed on 2017/06/07

Pros

WOW. Why didn't we move to this system sooner? Previously, we'd taken phone and email registrations and billed at the end of the month. Talk about tedious! Now customers can log on, choose ALL their courses, pay, and receive confirmations, virtually automatically. This is saving us HOURS every week.

Response from Bookwhen

Thanks for the amazing review, Katie! I'm glad we're saving you hours each week - a shame we didn't find each other sooner! Here's to hours, weeks and months saved in admin time :) Love from the Bookwhen team.

Industry: Hospitality

If you are an entrepreneur this is an a most tool to have.

Used Other for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2018/11/29

Pros

I have tried this tool as a free trial an I love it. It gives the chance to evolve with others and keeping up with schedule.

Cons

At the moment I like everything. No negative feed backs yet.

Response from Bookwhen

Thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback! Glad to hear that you are happy with Bookwhen! Let us know if you need anything else at all.

Alice G.

Really great programme

Reviewed on 2018/06/22

Pros

Very easy to use and support has been great. Even with the free version they get back to you to help with any problems in good time. Great programme!

Cons

Some functionality is restricted with the free version but that's to be expected and common across programmes.

Response from Bookwhen

Thanks for the review, Alice! Glad you're enjoying the free version of Bookwhen - we like to think it's pretty generous and helps you get your business basics done. Very happy to support you :)

Carl B.
Industry: Education Management
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

A truly 5-star Booking System *****

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2018/03/16

We ran a successful Parents' Evening that was supported by an excellent product.

Pros

The software is great and does exactly what you would expect from a booking system. It is extremely easy to navigate for both an administrator and from a users perspective. As well as the basic features you can also get the bells and whistles depending on your plan (at a more than reasonable price).

We have managed to run our parents' evening event for a College in Central London at what quite frankly is an unbeatable price compared to other solutions out there. Parents making the booking commented that it was easy to book and administrators explained that it had saved them hours of work collating bookings. It also allowed us to take bookings right up until the last minute. It literally took 5 minutes to export our bookings to tell the teachers who was coming to their session.

However, the best thing is not the software, don't get me wrong the software is great but it is the service and support that makes this the product of choice.

Thank you for your support and a great product.

Response from Bookwhen

Thanks for the amazing review, Carl! I'm really happy we turned out to be a good solution for your parents evening. Looking forward to welcoming you onto the system for more of your needs at the college in September (we also handle course registration/inductions really well too). Thanks from the Bookwhen team :)

Kat N.
Industry: Arts & Crafts

Delighted and relieved to have found Bookwhen

Reviewed on 2019/12/29

Very happy. Breath of fresh air
Can finally make a profit as this is a simple affordable booking system (ie I also pay my admin assistant fewer hours to manage it!)

Pros

I find it easy to use as it's simple. It offers all the functions we need to run our regular (6x a week) classes with bulk pre purchase Class Passes as well as workshops.

It's very quick to add or remove dates. The staff are quick and helpful if we have any questions

The price is a huge relief after paying a giant bill for Mindbody for a few years when we didn't really need most of its functions. Bookwhen just gives what we need at a price we can afford being a very small business with a low profit margin. If you're a bigger business there are different pricing tiers, also good value compared to Mindbody

Cons

That once you have students booked on a class you can't change the time yourself. But the Bookwhen help desk will do it for us so it's OK, very tiny issue!

I didn't realise for last 7 months that I could have more than 6 courses. I thought the middle price was needed and in fact I only needed the lower price and could have as many courses as I wanted. This is obviously fantastic news, but I'm just gutted I paid £20 a month extra from May to Dec 2019!! However, its still WAY better than Mindbody pricing at any price so letting that go, ommmmm

Response from Bookwhen

Hi Kat, thank you so much for leaving us such a wonderful review! I'm sorry it wasn't clearer earlier how you could use our schedule pages, but glad it's sorted now and you're making full use of your subscription! If anything else is unclear, you know where to find us :-) - Jenny

Claire C.
Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

The perfect fit

Reviewed on 2017/01/12

I spent months trying to find the perfect booking system to meet my needs. There were many good products on offer, but nothing that gave me what exactly what I was looking for...there was always a compromise somewhere. I then found Bookwhen and it was a perfect fit. It has revolutionized the way we operate our business. It is user-friendly, very easy to navigate both backends and for our guests and it has a great design/layout which matched the look and feel of our website. Bookwhen also offers quick and professional support whenever you need. I was able to share feedback, so when the new system was introduced with the new improvements, I felt that my feedback was taken into account and that we had grown together! It really is a fantastic booking system, our business is running at 100% occupancy and I feel that this is partly due to the ease of online bookings. We will be going into our 5th year with Bookwhen and I cannot recommend it highly enough.

Pros

Ease of use/very simple back end
User-friendly, clients find it easy to use and we have never had someone, not book due to the difficulty of the booking system.
Great design - Clean and neat
Does exactly what I need it to do
Excellent support

Cons

Nothing
I think it has more features than I am making full use of!

Response from Bookwhen

It's always great working with you Claire - 5 years and still going strong! Hopefully you have some room free at some point this summer so we can visit your beautiful retreat!

Rosemary J.
Company size: Self Employed

I have received a lot of help from them even though I have the most simple package.

Reviewed on 2018/05/18

I am not constantly getting telephone calls to book classes and then have to do so. People can book as far in advance as they want - which is useful for a popular class as I can only have six people in a session.

Pros

Simple to use for the clients and for me. I find adding classes or changes times easy to do. Email confirmation is fantastic, also easy option to cancel. The help I have been given by their team has been second to none. I always recommend Bookwhen when people ask about it.

Cons

When I started I had the waiting list option and someone on list would be contacted if a place became available. I cannot afford that any more as my business is very small and I don't earn enough to have that.

Response from Bookwhen

It's so great to hear how useful Bookwhen has been for your business, Rosemary! Thank you so much for taking the time to provide a review. Speak soon - Jenny