Bookwhen

Write a Review!
Flexible online booking system for SMBs

4.8/5
4.6/5
4.7/5
4.9/5

Angela
Angela

Super easy to set up and use and my students find it easy too.

Reduced administration time, fewer cancellations

Reduced administration time, fewer cancellations

Pros

The software was really easy to set up and start using. The online help was superb and really quick. Since using the software I have saved a lot of time on administration, feel more organised and my students also like it and find it easy to use.

Cons

I have been using the software for almost a year and cannot think of any cons apart from I had some trouble finding my fees charged by Stripe, but that was nothing to do with Bookwhen.

Response from Bookwhen

Wow, this review made our day!! Thanks for the love, smiles all round at the office :) Glad to hear we've saved you lots of admin time. Thanks for using the system.

If you ever have any questions about Stripe then I'd recommend getting in touch with their support. They're very helpful and responsive!

Namaste, Bookwhen.

Wendy

Fantastic Customer Support

Reviewed on 2020/05/04

I started using Bookwhen to schedule and administer Pilates, where clients must pay in advance for class, and which I keep to a limited number of participants. Bookwhen has been really powerful for me in lockdown - the integration with Zoom and YouTube has just made the logistics and admin for live stream and videoed fitness classes: I can offer my clients bundles of classes through different channels that I wouldn't be able to do otherwise.

Pros

Very intuitive; lots of guidance and advice available, and the Customer Service is so prompt and helpful. I use it for booking/payment of Fitness classes and it feels much more professional than manually administering customer contact. I love the automated email reminders. Overall, it is so easy to set up. And the monthly fee is scalable, so I started off with a free trial, and then the most basic offer, and have moved up as I have learned what more the software can offer.

Cons

The way that customers book - the steps involved in selecting each session individually - is the only thing I can think of. And none of my customers have complained, so this is being really picky!

Eventbrite

Response from Bookwhen

That's great to hear you found us professional and intuitive! Thanks Wendy! Jen

Bradley
Bradley
  • Industry: Sports

Helped for a good period of time

Reviewed on 2018/11/27

Pros

Simple and works well on a laptop and mobile devices.

Cons

Was promised a lot, most membership options however after waiting and being assured it was "one the way" never happened despite promises. Had to move elsewhere.

Response from Bookwhen

Hi Bradley! Thank you for taking the time to review Bookwhen, we really appreciate your feedback and are always looking at where we can improve, with memberships being one of those areas! Memberships are a big priority for Bookwhen in 2019 and we're committed to delivering them then. Jenny

Kimberlee

BOOKING SYSTEM EXCELLENCE

Reviewed on 2017/01/16

I considered many different booking systems for my fitness business - but none of them offered the simplicity and user clarity that Bookwhen does. I can create recurring events with customer payment facilities attached easily, run detailed reports to understand booking trends, collect customer information for mail outs. Bookwhen even offers creativity to make the customer facing pages the same colours as my brand, upload my company logo, attachments, feature social media buttons etc.
Bookwhen's own features even prompt me to gear my business in new ways: various ticket types offer the ability to sell to the customer in various avenues, without over-complicating things. Even when I wanted to offer a commission-based element to my business that they didn't already support, I approached the team to see if they would code something specifically to support my business needs and together we made it happen. This sort of service is second to none.
The best part is that anytime I've ever needed support (which is a lot) I can use the instant chat feature, email and even call the support team to get approachable service and considered help.
Within 2 years using Bookwhen my business had grown from a sole trader to a large limited company - without such a fluid booking ability for my customers this would have never been possible.
The subscription price is competitive and the features and service are top notch, I fully recommend Bookwhen.

Pros

Its simple to understand, offers lots of features, its support team is always available.

Cons

Nothing.

Response from Bookwhen

Thanks for the review, Kim! It's been so exciting watching Bounce go from strength to strength with bookwhen - you're scaling so fast now! A great partnership where you've really helped us with innovation on the software. All the best for 2017!

Kelsey
Kelsey
  • Industry: Computer Networking

Really flexible for a variety of businesses, useful for scheduling with different types of...

Reviewed on 2017/06/07

Super flexible. Schedule what you want, with the types of tickets you want, with the information you want without much fuss.

Pros

I like Bookwhen because I sought it out to deal with a client who runs a business that deals with pet transport adoptions. They coordinate a drive up from the south to New England every 2 weeks, and need to register all of the information about the animals (where they're going, their health records, etc) and also assure that each dog has an appropriately sized kennel on the van. It's a little confusing, but because of the nature of the business, it's really important that everything be done safely and efficiently. Bookwhen allows us to set up transports, register the dogs, and take down information not only on the rescue the dog is coming from but also their new home. I use Bookwhen for some other, routine businesses that need yoga classes or other things run, but ultimately what keeps me recommending them for scheduling is that Bookwhen works for complicated businesses who need to take in a lot of info from customers, customers need different "seats" (crate sizes) and sometimes other information at intake. Bookwhen allows for _all_ of it, which is the best possible scenario for us.

Response from Bookwhen

Thanks for the review, Kelsey. It's great to hear our flexibility was put to good use. I think this is one of the unique uses for the system we have! Here's to many more years of transporting pooches :)

Amazing for Small Business Users

Reviewed on 2019/09/11

Pros

Bookwhen saves me so much time every single day!! It has completely taken away the headache from my booking procedures, it allows me to take prepayments, have class waiting lists, sends automatic reminders. All these things I personally used to do manually on pen and paper, through phone contact with each client. Now the bookings just roll in everyday with ease!
It is tremendous value for money, in fact it’s the only bill I see coming in every month that brings a smile to my face, knowing it’s money well invested.

Cons

There are some minor technicalities that occasionally crop up but the customer service response is so efficient that it doesn’t bother me. They also seem to be improving functionality constantly so if they notice something not working to a great standard you can be sure they will improve it soon!

Setmore and Mindbody

Reasons for Switching to Bookwhen

Response from Bookwhen

Thank you so much for this amazing review Claire! We really appreciate you taking the time and providing such useful insight into how Bookwhen has transformed the day to day of running your business. Here's to many more successful years of working together in the future :-) - Jenny

This has been one of the easiest quick wins for my business. It has streamlined my booking...

Reviewed on 2018/05/15

Pros

Ease of use, tagging classes to be able to categorise them, the discount functionality, the teams speed of response.

Cons

It is not a difficult system but it can take a few months to iron out any small quirks to make it match your exact business needs.
There are a few minor functionalities that I would like it to have like a client notes section but the team know about this and add it to their list of modifications for the future.
The CSV file it provides me does not give me the exact MI I need so I am having to adapt to it. That said I have not spoken to the team about it so maybe it can be resolved.

Response from Bookwhen

Thank you for your review! It's so good to hear that you find Bookwhen easy to use and a quick win - that's what we are aiming for! Please do reach out to our support team about your CSV requirements so we can discuss these further. - Jenny

Elizabeth Anne
Elizabeth Anne

Just what I needed for my jewellery classes

Reviewed on 2018/07/07

Pros

Easy to use for both administrators and customers. Really like that you can set up repeating events with ease. This software has made my bookings a breeze. Great customer service too.

Cons

I don't think there's much I don't like about bookwhen. It ticks all the boxes for my business needs.

Response from Bookwhen

Thanks for the great review Elizabeth Anne, and for being such a committed long term customer :) Here's to many more years of jewellery classes!

Joel
Joel

Excellent Online Reservation System

Reviewed on 2020/06/23

Overall we love Book When. It is a great product at a solid price. I can't recommend them enough.

Pros

Man, we were so happy to find BookWhen.com. We had an immediate need to apply a software reservation system for a client and manage it for them. They were starting from scratch and didn't have anything in mind. We looked around are really loved BookWhen.com. The software is easy to use, the implementation for our first event took less than 30 minutes total, that is with us learning how it worked to getting the links online where our users could reserve tickets for our event.

It integrated perfectly with Stripe payments which we were already using. Payments taken through it worked perfectly.

Cons

We can't find an easy way to take a deposit payment for an event and then have the user pay off the balance at a later date. The only way we have found to do this so far is to either create a "deposit event" and then a hidden pay your balance event, or we ask the user to make a payment through our standard gateway form.

While not a huge issue it would be nice to have one payment and page where a user could see their event, along with any deposit(s) they had posted and the remaining balance.

Response from Bookwhen

Thank you for your feedback Joel! The deposit feature is something we'll be hopefully working on in the future so keep your eyes peeled :-) Jen

Excellent software, excellent customer service and excellent value.

Reviewed on 2018/05/15

Pros

I like that the software and service charges a flat rate for transactions and not a percentage rate on ticket prices.

Cons

The user flow for admins is a little choppy, including the search functions and calendar views. I think there could be a more intuitive way for the layout of the the settings menus.

Response from Bookwhen

Thanks for your feedback on the system and glad to hear you appreciate the transparent, flat monthly fees :)

Based on the consensus from most customers, we'd like to think the system is pretty intuitive already. However, we have actually spent the summer making the system even more intuitive for mobile/tablet users and consolidating some of the admin options into more sensible places. We hope you appreciate the updates and please give us a shout if you have any more suggestions on changes to the system :)

Love from Bookwhen.

• Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

The perfect fit

Reviewed on 2017/01/12

I spent months trying to find the perfect booking system to meet my needs. There were many good products on offer, but nothing that gave me what exactly what I was looking for...there was always a compromise somewhere. I then found Bookwhen and it was a perfect fit. It has revolutionized the way we operate our business. It is user-friendly, very easy to navigate both backends and for our guests and it has a great design/layout which matched the look and feel of our website. Bookwhen also offers quick and professional support whenever you need. I was able to share feedback, so when the new system was introduced with the new improvements, I felt that my feedback was taken into account and that we had grown together! It really is a fantastic booking system, our business is running at 100% occupancy and I feel that this is partly due to the ease of online bookings. We will be going into our 5th year with Bookwhen and I cannot recommend it highly enough.

Pros

Ease of use/very simple back end
User-friendly, clients find it easy to use and we have never had someone, not book due to the difficulty of the booking system.
Great design - Clean and neat
Does exactly what I need it to do
Excellent support

Cons

Nothing
I think it has more features than I am making full use of!

Response from Bookwhen

It's always great working with you Claire - 5 years and still going strong! Hopefully you have some room free at some point this summer so we can visit your beautiful retreat!

Claire

No need to look anywhere else, Bookwhen is the best option!

Reviewed on 2019/06/26

Bookwhen has enabled me to run my tiny yoga studio with a lot less stress. I had been thinking of just doing bookings by SMS etc, but within 48 hours, Bookwhen had already demonstrated its value. There is zero chance I would remember everyone's bookings/cancellations/changes if it was done by SMS. With Bookwhen, my customers can make their own changes whenever they need to, meaning I don't need to get involved.

Pros

Ease of use, excellent customer service and fantastic pricing.

Cons

There are minor limitations... eg it doesn't integrate with Mailchimp yet. But this is offset by the excellent customer service - willing to listen to suggestions, always respond quickly to confirm whether your idea is already on their list of things to look at etc...

Response from Bookwhen

Hi Claire, thank you so much for your wonderful review. We're really pleased you didn't go with the SMS idea and chose Bookwhen instead! :D We always welcome your suggestions and feedback and look forward to many more years of working together! - Jenny

Leonie
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Best Booking Software Ever!

Reviewed on 2018/05/21

It's easy to use, affordable, has great features and customer support is always great.

Pros

Not being very tech savvy, I find this system so easy to use.
I run a small home-based business so it's great that Bookwhen is not and expensive to have.
Excellent Customer Support.
It has all the features that I need.

Cons

I would say that the TROLLEY symbol should be bigger or a CART function needs to be applied as when some customers want to make multiple bookings, they don't always notice the trolley symbol near the class and so they book and pay for each class seperately. This causes an inconvenience.

Response from Bookwhen

Hi Leonie,

Thanks very much for this amazing review! Regarding the basket system, we've actually introduced a banner at the top of all booking pages with a live update on number of tickets and price, so I think this resolves the particular issue you raised :) It should be even clearer for your customers now!

Thanks, Luke

Jules

Brilliant!

Reviewed on 2020/05/03

I now have way more time, I don't have to manually 'register' my students. I also don't have to worry about who has paid for class, the online payment system has sorted that. My students love the ease of booking class. I just have to work out how to link Zoom to Bookwhen so I will be messaging [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] in Customer Support to help. Customer Support is AMAZING by the way, they are so helpful and have so much patience. Bookwhen has been a revelation.

Pros

Once you get used to the layout and the different functions, it is an easy system to run.

Cons

It did take me a little while to overcome my resistance to technology and I definitely made things harder for myself in the early days. If you are like me and struggle with tech stuff setting up Bookwhen may be a challenge.

Response from Bookwhen

I hope we managed to answer your query on the Zoom integration Jules! It is a relatively new feature and a lot of our customers love it so we're quite proud of it :-) Thanks for your review! Jen

Lesley

BookWhen

Reviewed on 2022/06/19

BookWhen is fantastic. It has allowed us to streamline our administration system, saving alot of time. this means that we have been able to extend our programmes and run programmes in other localities.

Pros

The setup was easy. The scheduling is great and customers love the online booking system

Cons

It would be fantastic if it could send texts in the same way it sends emails to groups.

Brad
  • Industry: Sports

Great product, service and support.

Reviewed on 2017/01/12

I've been using bookwhen since its first iteration for my coaching business after looking around for the best balance of affordability and features. Throughout my use the support team has been there every step of the way, when I've found issues or got myself confused they've responsed FAST always looked into and solved my problems.

They are contining to add features, refine service and with their newer version released just under a year or so ago, the system is a lot more polished, user friendly and has helped my business and delivery grow massively.

Pros

Support team are awesome, friendly user interface, explanatory back end. Responsive to ideas and features users need. Decent payment portal transfers and option. Discount features/options for users.

Cons

Back end could always have a few tweaks here and there. Mobile layout for block bookings could be a tiny bit clearer.

Response from Bookwhen

Thanks for your review, Brad :) Wishing you all the best for your bookings in 2017!

Lisa

Great customer support and great for small businesses like mine.

Reviewed on 2018/05/17

Pros

It's a good price for what I get and it works well for my purposes generally.
I like to use the voucher system but don't think I get the most out of it because I don't know how.

Cons

I really want to have reminders and waiting lists but will never need the extra bookings or admins so the package is limiting for my use. The landing page could look smarter and some of the print is too small or not obvious. eg voucher code and select number should be easier.

Response from Bookwhen

Hi Lisa, thank you so much for taking the time to provide valuable feedback. Please do reach out to us for any questions around vouchers - we would be very happy to help. - Jenny

Laura
  • Industry: Music

Great for children's classes!

Reviewed on 2018/09/03

Brilliant, exactly what I was looking for.

Brilliant, exactly what I was looking for.

Pros

Bookwhen was the only booking software I found that was really tailored for running children's clubs and classes, not primarily an appointment booking system, which I didn't want. It is simple for my customers to use and although it has taken me a while to get all of my information on and work my way round the system (but then don't they all?) it does everything I need it to do. The help service is really good, offering help articles, live chat or on the phone. They are UK based and real quick to respond.

Cons

Just the time it took to work it all out, but all the other trials I did were the same, I don't think there is any quick fix!

Response from Bookwhen

Thanks for the love, Laura! Really happy to hear we're supporting your business. We agree - we've made lots of iterations to ensure we fit like a glove when it comes to Children's Activity businesses! Love from the Bookwhen team.

Joanne

Love these guys

Reviewed on 2020/03/10

A;ways receive exceptional service

A;ways receive exceptional service

Pros

Bookwhen is very user friendly and an easy way for my customers to book their classes and walks. If I ever get stuck with anything the team at Bookwhen always respond quickly and are always so nice about everthing. Highly recommend

I like that there is a button to return customers to our own website

Cons

Would be nice to know whether cancellations have been made by me or the customer and for what reason with an easy way of tracking.

Response from Bookwhen

Hi Joanne, thank you very very much for leaving a great review and mentioning our team in such a positive way :-) Your feedback about making it clear how the cancellation occurred has been passed on to the team for future development. Best, Jenny

Catherine

Bookwhen has made a massive difference!

Reviewed on 2021/08/19

Great customer support. Very patient and friendly!

Great customer support. Very patient and friendly!

Pros

The automated system that enables customers to determine availabilty and book in themselves 24/7.

Cons

Would like to more easily amend booking infomration if there are changes e.g. to attendees. Also wouold like to be able to transfer payment if a booking is cancelled before a transfer is made. Also cannot currently transfer to booking of higher vale and pay the difference.

Jason

Ease of use, seamless interface for purchases, and outstanding customer service.

Reviewed on 2018/05/21

Mainly for the clients experience. A fast, easy way to book appointments.

Mainly for the clients experience. A fast, easy way to book appointments.

Pros

User friendly functions on both sides, customer and consumer. The calendar function, and POS is very transparent and easy to use.

Cons

None that I can think of. Since I've started using the system they've listened to user suggestions and update accordingly.

Response from Bookwhen

Hi Jason,

It's been a pleasure having you as a long standing customer on the system. Thanks very much for your great review - it's really appreciated :)

Luke

John

Simple but powerful

Reviewed on 2017/01/18

Dont underestimate Bookwhen. A tiny application compared to some other software booking packages but it's versatile, powerful and great to use. My clients find booking easy and repeat bookings even easier. I'm very happy with it.

Pros

It's easy for a new client to book into a class and easy for a regular client to use repeatedly and quickly. It's also easy for coaches to check on class attendance and it's veratile enought that we can use it for all of our needs.

Cons

Its clunky to keep track of cash payments and doesnt have a dedicated page for taking register once the class begins.

Response from Bookwhen

Thanks for the review, John! It's great to have astute users like you on board :)

We have plans to update the attendee sheet soon so that registering people on the day will be really easy, as will recording cash payments. We'll keep you posted!

Angie

Excellent features, service and value for money

Reviewed on 2018/02/20

Pros

Great range of features and ease of use. Perfect for smaller and bigger enterprises. Fantastic customer service v

Cons

Public face could be more visual. When there are lots of classes I think visually it might be hard to select an option for users.

Response from Bookwhen

Thanks for the great review, Angie! In terms of the public side of Bookwhen, you can actually use HTML in your event descriptions to edit the text, or insert images and videos. Many of our businesses also use emoji's in the event titles to help visually differentiate different events on the schedule page. I hope that helps? Please follow up with support if you need any further advice :)

Gina
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Freedom from the chores of invoicing, hooray!

Reviewed on 2017/07/11

Very reduced administration costs for the business

Very reduced administration costs for the business

Pros

It is easy and manageable for both me and the customers. It has transformed my business, booking and paying online for courses has removed the need for invoicing/purchase orders/supplier detail forms and payment chasing. fantastic!

Response from Bookwhen

Thanks for the great review, Gina! Always happy to hear we've relieved someone of boring chores! Love from the Bookwhen team.

Jasmine

Easy to use and good customer service

Reviewed on 2020/02/25

Keep detailed track of my bookings.

Keep detailed track of my bookings.

Pros

Great price, as we are an NGO.
I find it easy to use and to keep track of.
I like the customisable functions.

Cons

The interface could be prettier.
I'd love to be able to use my webpage as an interface instead.

Response from Bookwhen

Hi Jasmine, thank you so much for leaving us such a great and honest review :-) If you're not using our integrated iFrame on your website yet and are interested, just drop us a message on the live chat so we can talk you through it! - Jenny