Taskworld

Collaborative project management with built-in chat

4,5
4,2
4,2
4,6
4,5
Marcel O.

Software and Support Starting to Slide

Reviewed on 2018/08/31

It looks like Taskworld is suffering from getting too big too quickly and haven't kept pace with their usual high standard of implementation and support.

Pros

Ability to track multiple items across a range of roles and responsibilities.

Cons

Customer technical support has definitely dropped in standard since Taskworld started. Also there are now consistent and annoying issues with bugs and very slow loading times, that didn't used to exist. Support's rote response seems to be "use Google Chrome" when there are problems which seems disingenuous to me. In one scenario, we had to wait nearly six months for a simple bug to be fixed that severely impacted our ability to use the product.

Response from Taskworld

Hello Marcel,

Any feedback is a gift for us. And we really appreciate your candid feedback that highlights opportunities to improve.

You are right, we have scaled our operations considerably in the past few months. That caused Taskworld to have performance issues a few weeks ago, for which we sincerely apologize. We have taken all the necessary steps to ensure it doesn't happen again. We are committed to delivering the same, in fact exceed the level of service users have come to expect from us.

That's why we are scaling our support in all languages to reduce response time. I am confident you'll see a marked improvement in the coming weeks.

Thanks again for your review. I'll share it with the entire team.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Micheal W.
Industry: Wine & Spirits
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Taskworld is a big storage for sharing and transmitting information.

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2020/08/01

Our company is applying this application for giving chase the raw estimates and this never disappoints us in creating the proper programs and market establishment to watch the latest tendencies. All market details are available and information can be shared with required companies. Customers all over the world can contact us for 24-hours. It provides the empowerment to business by watching all business moves and directions. This application is like a boss in planning and overseeing the commercial enterprise ideas.

Pros

Taskworld is an energetic application to communicate with companies and clients and companies submit their estimates and clients can easily purchase the product by following the feedback on every product. There are trackers to tag a product according to marketplace evolution. Nothing can beat its working in analyzing the data for creating the specific product detail which is very helpful for or business.

Cons

It is highly authorized software with useful features but this application must separate the files for sharing purposes. Local vendors find this application difficult as it is a bit pricey and locally can’t locate the individual file and the mobile app is available for 24-hours. To get its benefits, there should be good network coverage.

Martin B.
Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

A nice balance of features vs ease of use and value

Reviewed on 2018/01/30

Pros

Simple team task management with duration-based tasks, trello boards and chat
Nice interface
Excellent customer service. They implemented a minor interface change quickly when I raised it as an issue.
Great value

Cons

No linking between tasks.
Minor niggle - when backing out of projects within project groups it takes me back to the All Projects view instead of back to the Project Group

Response from Taskworld

Thank you for your kind words, Martin! We are delighted that you're having a great experience with Taskworld. :)

We recently introduced the task-dependency feature where you can link tasks within the project. Do give that a try and share your feedback with us on [email protected]

Laramy A.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Intuitive program with a lot of flexibility to adapt to your company's needs

Reviewed on 2017/06/12

Our company is so much more organized now. We've been able to consolidate down from 4-5 different products down to this one task management platform. There's a lot more visibility all across the board, too, and fewer inner-office emails.

Pros

-I love the visibility/oversight that TW gives you'we currently have about 50 'public' projects in TW, and management can quickly hop around and get an instant snapshot of how each project is progressing.
-I love how it's a one-stop shop of information/communication. It's got conversation channels, tasks, personal to-do lists, time tracking, analytics, scheduling... we were able to consolidate 4 or 5 different platforms into just the one.
-It's intuitive. Training roughly 40 new users on it at once was fairly straightforward, as the steps required in using TW are pretty clear. The basic functionality is easy to pick up on, leaving most of the training energy focused on hammering down specific protocols for how WE will use TW, and showing exciting, fun TaskWorld abilities and tidbits.
-While the labels and points systems may be helpful for many, I really like the tags. The bold colors and easy-to-search tag titles provide important information on any task without having to even open it up.
-The overview'oh my goodness! You can search almost any conceivable permutation of filters, quickly narrowing down to the pertinent info you're seeking.
-I love how tasks can live in multiple projects'so a task can appear in its designated slot within a public project, but can also exist in my own personal Weekly To-Do project. No duplication of effort!
-They seem really open to user suggestions'our rep has been quite responsive to my questions and requests.

Cons

-It needs to better integrate googledocs (a feature I've been told they're currently working on). Right now private company GoogleDocs don't display titles, and so are impossible to search within the project.
-Overall, it could have more comprehensive search ability (particularly in chats and comments). I love how I can search Workspace-wide OR just within one project, but I'd like to be able to type in a keyword that might only appear in a chat window or a comments section and have it found for me.
-If you're involved in multiple projects within a workspace, the notifications can get overwhelming. It'd be nice if 'mark as unread' was an option, so that I could use that notification section as a reminder. It's also a bit annoying that you get multiple notifications back-to-back that are dealing with the same task (A notification when it's been assigned, when a due date has been assigned, if someone has commented on it, if they moved its location, etc... all on top of one another).
-TaskWorld could potentially have more customization options (Adding pictures to projects or group chat channels, etc. Though they did just allow for customized backgrounds, and it sounds like they're working on adding more tag and label colors).

Response from Taskworld

Hi Laramy, wow! I can't thank you enough for your incredibly valuable insights! We are so grateful that you took the time to write such a comprehensive review and share all of your thoughts on how we might improve. I am delighted to hear you've cut down on email and feel more organized and consolidated. I know you have been in touch with our support team, but I will share your comments with them and the developers again to discuss further improvements in Google Doc integration, search functions, notifications and customization. We are working every day to improve and we are so grateful for your time in sharing your thoughts. We are always here at [email protected] Thank you again so much for taking time out of your busy day to share and we hope you have a gorgeous weekend!

Jinhee Y.
Industry: Education Management

Taskworld is wonderful application for the best team performance.

Reviewed on 2017/12/05

With Taskworld, we share work schedule between research labs and support team. And schedule adjustment has been made according to the importance of the task. As a result, more efficient work has been carried out. Also, productivity improvements were achieved through personal schedule management. In addition, we can save time by managing team business while working outside. - We improved productivity by 130% through efficient task allocation through Taskworld.

Pros

1. Intuitive, convenient UI and UX than others.
2. Managing each person's business schedule for managing tasks
3. Time-related Timeline feature
4. Upload large file sizes
5. Excellent Korean Support

My favorite Taskworld feature is time record. This feature allows me to find the amount of average time when create content. And I can plan the expected time for the next task.

Cons

1. Please note that the checklist item will also allow you to specify the start date and finish date.
2. I wish could customize color to the board.
3. There are frequent errors. Recently there was a mistake in connection with the error. And sometimes, it slows down, causing inconvenience to the user.

Response from Taskworld

Wow! Thank you so much Jinhee for such wonderful comments. You really made our day :-)

I will share your feedback directly with our product team.

User-Friendly

Reviewed on 2018/08/07

Pros

As per the title of my review, TaskWorld is super user-friendly.
Easy to setup tasks
Project Groups are great
All projects are easy to identify and in one place
Notifications can be as much or as little as you want
Customer service is eager and responds quickly

Cons

You can assign multiple people the same task at the same time, so who checks it off?
Subtasks (checklists) do not show up in your to dos
If you check off the main task, all subtasks (checklists) are considered complete as well
No status of a project, besides general terms.
The overview shows graphs and charts that are useless and cannot default a view without them
Not multi-leveled
No template options
Very few useful integration options
Application updates are minor and not all that useful

David G.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

This software is likely to help every business

Reviewed on 2016/06/10

I love this software. It creates a seamless flow between our team, and helps me see everything I need to do with no task left undone.

Pros

Check boxes
Assigning
Due dates

Cons

The fact that when a project is completed you can't check off the entire project, you have to delete or unstar which I think is not helpful. The fact that the chat doesn't have its own notifications, or any notifications at all. It would be so helpful to have desktop notifications for the tasks (overdue, completed, assignes, etc.).

Response from Taskworld

Hi David,

Thank you for your review, we're really happy to have you with us, and really appreciate your feedback.

We have just added the Archive Project feature, you'll find it in the Project Settings. We understand that the project page can feel crowded without the archiving option, I hope you'll enjoy using it now.

By default all the chat channels are muted, if you'd like to get chat notifications, you can unmute the channels from the chat page.

One tip: if you'd like to make sure that people get notified about chat messages (even if the channel is muted) you can use @channel, so everyone in the channel will get an email notification or just mention a specific person like (@johnsmith) and John will get an email notification with your message.

Thank you again, and always feel free to message us if you have any questions.

Taskworld Team

Marc R.
Industry: Legal Services

Fantastic APP

Reviewed on 2017/02/03

I'm rating "ease of use" and "features & functionality" because I think that maybe our company is not in Taskworld main target, as we are a Law Firm with some not common needs.

In this sense, the Kanban or cards system (and not Taskworld). is not perfect for us, and we are still learning to use it and adapt it to our way of working.

That said, Taskworld is for us the perfect solution to Trello, Asana, Wrike and Wunderlist, the other apps we have been using or testing, as it has our preferred features of Trello (cards are very visual to work with), Asana (task assigning and dashboards), etc.

We hope you will continue to improve Taskworld, we really think you have a very very powerful solution (maybe a little overpriced compared to other solutions, but it still worth it!).

Good job!

Pros

Task asignment
Dashboards
Cards system easy to use

Cons

None directly to the system, I think main cons are related to a Kanban system vs. Layer firm, which may not be 100% compatible ;)

Response from Taskworld

Thank you so much Marc for such a wonderful review. This is really encouraging for our entire team. We are so glad that your team is finding it useful. If you have any questions/feedback at any point or would like a demo for your team, please feel free to get in touch.

We'll keep evolving Taskworld with more exciting features without losing its simplicity.

Lauren S.
Industry: Internet

I've loved TaskWorld so far. It makes tracking content from start to finish so much easier.

Reviewed on 2017/06/12

I just find it incredibly helpful for organizational purposes. It has helped to eliminate so many different trackers and spreadsheets so that we could just consolidate almost all of our information in one place. It's still new for us and we are still getting used to the ins and outs, but it's a vast improvement over our old system!

Pros

I love being able to drag and drop things between people. It's so much better than having to field multiple emails as drafts go back and forth. I love having comments all in one place, as well as the ability to assign due dates and people to particular tasks. It's also a ton of fun to have GIFs bult in to the chat :)

Cons

I find ocassionally that the chat function is a bit slow, as is opening tasks and sometimes there's a little lag when trying to drag pieces around.

Response from Taskworld

Hi Lauren, thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy day to share your thoughts and feedback - we really appreciate you! I am thrilled to hear you have been able to streamline your work all in one place and that you enjoy the GIFs :) We are always working to improve the speed and responsiveness, so I am sharing your feedback about the speed with our development team.Thank you again so much for your time and have a gorgeous weekend!

Kent W.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Nice tool... seems like it's not quite ready for release though

Reviewed on 2017/05/07

listing all tasks in one place, assigning due dates, priorities, and ownership is awesome.

Pros

This is a pretty easy tool to navigate around. The drag-n-drop feature is very helpful. Your tool is not cluttered with a bunch of 'bells and whistles' that we'd never use.

Cons

I wish there was a feature to set the Admin of a project at the top-level; having to add admins manually to every single one is time-consuming. There seems to be some really bad issues with the screen not refreshing (I guess that's what it is). Many times I will be in a screen and parts of the screen will disappear. I had a coworker the other day unable to assign a Due Date to a Task - he would click on the date and the calendar would 'flicker' making it impossible to assign a due date - making it literally impossible to set a due date on any task he created. I've seen similar things in timeline as well. Not sure what's causing it. I wish I could have the ability to sort tasks by Due Date by hitting a simple Sort button. I know I can do this through 'dragging-and-dropping' but when you have 20+ tasks in a Project, it makes it a little time-consuming; I would like to have the same feature available in the Workspace as well. I would like the ability to customize my own Status options. Lastly, the User Guide really isn't too helpful. The videos are a nice touch, but it would be nice to have a list of Descriptions and Definitions of what things are and what they can do (i.e. what the difference between a Project Admin and Project Member? What abilities do each of them have?, etc)

Response from Taskworld

Hello Kent,

Thanks a lot for your review. We really appreciate your specific and direct feedback. This is really useful.

I will share your feedback directly with our product team. We are currently working on refining our user guide and will add more learning resources to it.

Cheers,

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Jonathan G.

Outstanding. Top customer service and support. Tell them abot bugs, and they fix them right away!

Reviewed on 2017/07/06

Keep all the ideas, projects and tasks for the business all in one place. Never forget a thing with this, and its intuitive design means I spend less time organizing and more time being productive.

Pros

It's a constant reminder of everything I have to do, it helps me organize my monumental work load, keep track of everything, and enhances my productivity. Definitely a must for anyone tackling gigantic projects, running a business, or even just to organize your own life! Amazing.

Response from Taskworld

Hi Jonathan, wow! Thank you so much for taking your time to share your valuable insights. We are so delighted to hear you are getting so much value out of TW - I will share with our team! We are always here if you need anything... thank you again and have a beautiful week!

Chad L.
Industry: Real Estate

Keeps my team organized and on task!

Reviewed on 2017/06/08

It keeps my team organized and accountable and eliminates some calls/texts.

Pros

It can be very thorough. I love the chat functionality built into the system. It enabled us to get rid of slack and wunderlist as separate apps and let us just use one.

Cons

There isn't a ton of control for the notifications. I would like to have more customizable options for notifications and the mobile app doesn't update perfectly with new notifications via the badge on iOS

Response from Taskworld

Hi Chad, thank you so very much for your time and consideration in sharing your thoughts and experience. It is really valuable for us to hear your feedback as we are always trying to improve. I am so delighted to hear that you've been able to consolidate to one platform and save time in communication - it's really encouraging for our team that you are finding value and success :) I am sharing your comments about notifications and the mobile app with our development team, it's something we are still trying to perfect. If you have any additional ideas or feedback about this, or anything else, we would love to hear from you at [email protected] - thank you so much again for your time and have a gorgeous weekend! :)

Margaret B.

User-friendly software, helps keep a business organized.

Reviewed on 2017/07/11

Pros

The software is very easy to use and this makes training the teams and encouraging them to adopt a new system.

Cons

The license model makes it tough for small businesses since they may not need as much coverage or features.

Response from Taskworld

Hi Margaret, thank you so very much for your time and all of your valuable insights, I will share them with our development team. I am so delighted to hear you are getting so much value and that it was easy to get your team on board. I can definitely understand that as a small business, pricing is important. We are always looking for ways to help ease the investment and have just recently started an affiliate program to help businesses like yours. If you are interested, we would love to hear from you at [email protected] - in the meantime, I will share your feedback with the team as we always meet quarterly to look at our pricing structure and make sure we are offering the most value and affordability. Thank you again so much for your valuable time and please don't hesitate to reach out if there is anything we can do to improve your experience. All the best for your business and have a wonderful week!

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Matthew S.

Fluid, fast, smart, seamless, comprehensive

Reviewed on 2017/06/07

Pros

This software is the only app I've found that really has all the features I need in a project management tool. Its smart enough to not make me click repeatedly to create and edit tasks, as some other cumbersome tools I've tried.

Cons

I would love if they could implement some kind of cost tracking so I could track project expenses against a master project budget and see our progress.

Response from Taskworld

Wow Matthew! Thank you so very much for taking the time to share your feedback and experience. Our team is encouraged by your stellar review, and we are so delighted to hear you are having such a great experience with the tools! We would love to include a cost tracking feature in the future, thank you for your idea! I will share it with the development team in our next features meeting. Thank you again for your time and incredibly valuable feedback - enjoy your weekend in the beautiful Rockies! (I used to live there and miss them so much!) Wishing you and Torch great success! :)

Kristi D.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Taskworld is great!

Reviewed on 2016/10/12

I 've only been using Taskworld for about two weeks and has exactly the features I was looking for. The only suggestions or requests I have are:
- Can you make an option for the due date to be all day and not a specific time?
- Can labels have custom colors and/or make more than six?

Pros

I love that I can assign tasks to multiple tasklists (locations)

Cons

I can't view the projects description while I'm viewing the tasklists of that project. I also want to customize colors for label and/or tags.

Response from Taskworld

Thanks a lot for reviewing us Kristi. Your feedback is extremely helpful and encouraging.

You have some great ideas and I will share them with out product team. We meet every week to discuss user feedback and I'll make sure your feedback reaches our dev team.

Have a wonderful day and feel free to get in touch with us if you need any help.

Sara U.

Perfect for businesses small and large

Reviewed on 2018/07/12

Pros

Taskworld has helped the workflow of my company in so many ways. You can even upload pictures to make tasks even easier.

Cons

There are different plans, and obviously the higher plans have better features. It is very basic compared to it's competitors.

Response from Taskworld

Thank you so much Sara for such a lovely review. We are glad our solution was able to help your team.

If you have any feature requests, please feel free to write to us at [email protected] :-)

Jeremiah F.

So far, it's been fantastic.

Reviewed on 2017/11/22

Pros

I like feeling accomplished. I get excited when I feel like I'm being productive by taking on various tasks at the same time. The application has helped me organize my thoughts so far, and I'm even more excited to keep using it.

Note taking is simple
Creating tasks is very clean and neat
Connecting with other people is exceptionally smooth
Uploading files is fast
The product is clean and fun
The task bar on the left is simple, but allows you to take on various work items

Cons

The automated emails when I'm tagged in a project tend to be hard to understand. They contain large amounts of jargon that don't make sense at first glance. Once I slow down and re-read it a few times, I get the message. I feel this could be much simpler though.

Steven S.
Industry: Computer Software

A Great system but there are free alternatives that do everything it

Reviewed on 2017/06/09

None really. The features it has that Trello does not have we don't make use of. It really saves no time over the other system.

Pros

Great UI and easy to use.

Cons

It is to expensive to justify it when options like Trello are free, the only difference is their UI does not have as great of a layout along with some features my company doesn't use

Response from Taskworld

Hi Steven, thank you for sharing your honest feedback. We are glad to hear you appreciate the UI, but perhaps you did not get a chance to explore the full capabilities of the tools we offer that are huge time savers for teams. We can appreciate that your needs may be simple and for you, boards may do, however Taskworld offers so much more and is truly the most integrative and robust, yet easy to use and beautifully designed platform out there. Team messaging, checklists, calendar, interactive timeline, project analytics, recurring tasks, tasks in multiple projects, and a dashboard that pulls info from across projects just to name a few.. We think for the price of two cups of coffee, it is the best value on the market. That being said, we are always looking for ways to improve, so you can always drop us a line with specific feedback [email protected] or, if you would like a live demo or an extended trial to really dig into the value, we're happy to provide that too. Thanks again!

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Kenneth O.
Industry: Accounting

Great product

Reviewed on 2017/04/05

I use Taskworld to assign task, communicate instructions and monitor progress of task completion with my operations staff. Both my staff and I concluded that this way of working has increase our productivity significantly.

The web version is excellent - no complains.
The iPad version needs improvement - e.g. does not rotate to landscape mode, notification is buggy (sometimes no new alerts yet, the notification count does not clear.)
The iPhone version needs improvement - e.g. profile pic covers the menu option on the top left hand corner, notification is buggy (sometimes no new alerts yet, the notification count does not clear.)

Pros

easy to use and intuitive

Cons

non so far

Response from Taskworld

Thanks a lot for your feedback Kenneth. We are working on improving Taskworld's mobile and tablet experience. Soon it will be at par with our web app :-)

Cheers,

Carol G.
Industry: Entertainment

In a market flooded with PM tools, Taskworld stands out as one of the best!

Reviewed on 2017/08/09

Pros

Very easy to use and intuitive, i found it to be extremely pleasing to the eye visually - there are great options to customize the projects and tasks with colours and tags. It encourages collaboration within multiple teams. Excellent customer support - Mark took the time to answer all my questions - he was very fast and friendly. After researching and using various PM tools, I highly recommend Task World.

Cons

The one feature it does not have yet, which would have been helpful for the purposes of my team, is the ability to see how much time team members have available in a particular day or week given the amount of tasks they are working on.

Tuna P.
Industry: Computer Games

Great Experience!

Reviewed on 2017/06/14

Proper time planning for our new short term projects

Pros

Good UI and Easy to Learn. I guess these are the best things I noticed in the application itself. Pretty happy that we as a team using this software.

Cons

Some quality of life features can be added to simple plans. We had small problems with the end project reports. Probably because we need more time inside.

Response from Taskworld

Hi Tuna, thank you so much for your valuable feedback! I am so glad to hear it was easy to onboard your team and that you are saving time in planning. We are always looking for ways to improve, so I will share your comments with the team. We are always here at [email protected] if you need anything or have anything you would like to share. Thank you again so much and have a beautiful weekend!

Malcolm O.
Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Finally found a project management tool that fits my needs

Reviewed on 2017/09/27

Chat , tasks, and calendar all in one package

Pros

- Task list, chat, calendars all integrated
- Easy to use interface
- Mobile apps
- Decent pricing plans

Cons

- **You should be able to select all day events for task start/end dates. It clutters up your calendar and makes you choose a specific time.

- ***It would be nice to have the option of choosing what the first page we see is when we log in.

- slow mobile apps without the ability to drag and drop tasks
- difficult to submit feature requests (except for here)
- received an email asking about my experience and was told that a ticket had been created to help me.......nobody has even contacted me since

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Nathan C.

Does what I need it to, when I need it to. Helps organize my mind and business.

Reviewed on 2017/05/13

Pros

Flexibility and ease of access across platforms. I use a lot of Kanban lists and file uploads for my projects. Taskworld is lets me organize the way I want, not forcing me to use one type of workflow.

Cons

Occasion buggy action, like trying to grab a task from to do, to done. Also, the start and due date time box is totally whacked out.

Response from Taskworld

Thanks a lot for your feedback Nathan. This is really helpful. We are so glad you're having a great time using Taskworld.

We recently released the time tracking feature and are constantly looking for ways to improve it further. Please feel free to give your detailed feedback on it. We would share it directly with our developers.

Have a wonderful week :-)

Elle R.

Free Trial

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2018/06/25

Pros

Amazing tool that helps you prioritize and time projects. It is also a collaborative product that allows everyone on my team to work together to tackle tasks.

Cons

The price seems to be the biggest con. We haven't decide if our department is going to continue with the product yet.

Response from Taskworld

Thank you so much for your review Elle. If you need further information on price, please feel free to reach out to us at [email protected]

Seungwook K.
Company size: Self Employed

Best task management service to me.

Reviewed on 2019/01/11

Pros

Kanban style. App + Web. Trello friendly.