Workpop

Online job marketplace & hiring platform

Pedro M.
  • Industry: Wholesale

Wonderful to work with - makes the process of reviewing candidates nice and easy

Reviewed on 2017/06/28

Able to review and find candidates fairly easily. The job posting capabilities are extremely easy to use.

Pros

Very easy to post jobs, extremely simple to review candidate profiles and resumes. Makes contact with potential candidates fast and easy via their messaging.

Cons

There is no resume search on the site, and it would be extremely helpful if this feature could be added to the site to make it a one-stop shop for candidates.

Response from Workpop

Thanks for your review! We're glad to hear that you've had a great experience with Workpop. Regarding your request for resume search, you can currently search within the resumes you have received from applicants for your jobs. Our product team is always working on making sure our candidate network is as valuable as possible to our customers, and is considering for the future resume search of candidates who have not yet applied to your jobs.

Tracey W.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Receive candidates daily, way more than I used to!

Reviewed on 2018/01/05

More candidates and great ease of use!

Pros

Modern and easy to use, love the chat feature with candidates as well as with customer service (whenever it's available) and that the candidate can choose their availability. I'm also glad you've added the Applicant Questionnaire feature which is very helpful!

Cons

I used to not like that I didn't get emails for every applicant that applied like my last job board, but now I'm glad to not have my account flooded with emails! I wish you guys would add an applicant database where we can search for applicants, then also for when we have an applicant call for a status and they do not remember which job they applied for.

Krista R.

Workpop has a user friendly layout, making it really easy to navigate and recruit effectively.

Reviewed on 2017/07/12

Pros

I like the user friendly layout. I'm able to look through lots of candidates quickly. I also like being able to mass message candidates.

Cons

I wish there was a button that could mark a candidate as "reviewed." Additionally, I still have trouble recruiting people from high income areas.

Response from Workpop

Hi Krista, thanks for writing a review about Workpop. We're glad to hear that you've found our platform to be user friendly, and our messaging tools especially valuable.

Right now, there are default buttons to mark candidates as Favorites, Declined or Hired. For those that you have reviewed that you have decided not to hire, you can put them in the Declined folder which will automatically send them a message letting them know. Additionally, we're currently building functionality that would allow you to create any folders that you want, so creating a "Reviewed" folder will soon be possible!

Jennifer R.

Awesome site, great results!

Reviewed on 2018/01/04

Pros

I love how you are able to communicate with applicants through the site, the ease of navigation and the platform is very user friendly. I have found some of my best employees through work pop

Response from Workpop

Hi Jennifer,

We're thrilled to hear that you've enjoyed using our user-friendly messaging system.

We're glad to help you continue to hire!

Madelyn A.
  • Industry: Hospitality

the team at work pop are professional friendly and knowledgeable.

you only need to post in ONE PLACE
it is a site that young energetic staff look for work and that is a big plus!

Pros

easy to use. easy to post and respond and they reach a broad spectrum of people looking for work in our industry across the many platforms

Cons

some of the modules tend to be pricey for a company of 450 employees.
I realize that they have to be price fair to all small and large clients (which is a good business practice )but I wish there was a discounted module for larger restaurants.

Jesse D.

It makes sourcing candidates so easy and has completely streamlined our whole process.

Reviewed on 2017/07/14

Makes finding candidates easier, I don't have to post on multiple sites. It's a one stop shop for me.

Pros

It's simple, easy to use, and it's well designed. Being able to message candidates and communicate with them on the fly is great. I like doing a quick interview through the messenger and screening candidates before having them come in. It helps weed out the weaker candidates and has saved me a lot of time. I also love how I can customize our companies page to attract better candidates.

Cons

If they had a scheduling aspect it would make my life so much easier.

Liam B.

We had an incredible amount of well-qualified applicants apply within a few hours!

Reviewed on 2018/01/04

Pros

We enjoyed using the simple interface and the ability to message applicants within the software. I really enjoyed being able to look through candidates and label them as approved and denied. It allowed us to look through the candidates quickly. The software was such a huge help for us during the hiring process and we will use again.

Cons

We wish we could use it longer! The software was such a huge help for us during the hiring process and we will use again.

Response from Workpop

Hi Liam,

We're glad to hear that you've found great applicants via Workpop, and we look forward to you continuing to work with us when you need to hire next!

Amanda L.

user friendly and draws many applicants of all backgrounds

Reviewed on 2018/01/08

Pros

Workpop is very user friendly and a great program that out reaches to all people close to our location and with the best matches that we are looking to employee.

Cons

Workpop is a little expensive for posting each job. We also wish that it did not allow applicants to apply for more than two of our job positions. Many applicants seem to apply to all of them even though they are not qualified.

Kari R.

Work pop is an excellent way to find new employees!

Reviewed on 2018/01/11

Pros

This program has a very simple layout, and is also very easy to navigate through. I like that it emails you to notify you when you there are new applicants. I also like that you can download full resumes

Cons

The website is very slow and glitches at times making it very frustrating to use. I don't like when it does not direct me back to the page i would like.

Erica V.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Workpop was an excellent tool for finding the right candidates for my up and coming boutique.

Reviewed on 2017/07/06

Pros

All of the tools that are available for the hiring process are perfect for a start up or a corporate structured company. I love that there was an app I could easily access anywhere, anytime.

Cons

I do not love that there is not a place to keep notes on candidates privately (that I saw). Also, I wish there was a separate place to put candidates that we had interviews with.

Response from Workpop

Thanks for your review. We're glad you're enjoying our hiring tools. We do offer the ability for hiring managers to leave notes and ratings on applications in order to better align on feedback across the hiring managers, but they are purposely not private only to the person leaving them, so that the other collaborators can see them and respond.

As for your request to add in a separate stage for interviews, we are working on a revamp of our process that would allow all hiring managers to customize the stages of the hiring process, so you will soon be able to place interviewed applicants in a separate folder. Stay tuned!

Alice L.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

I love work pop it is a game changer for managing hiring and HR paperwork.

Reviewed on 2017/07/14

Much easy to organize and manage new hire process and employee's file. I also love how simple the resume is when I print out using work pop format. It works!

Pros

Browsing candidates resume and availability and instant message function. I also love the digital storage for all the HR documents.

Cons

Sometimes the upload document function would froze up so I had to try multiple times to load a HR document to employees profile

• Industry: Government Administration
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

A great way to find employees

Reviewed on 2018/01/04

Pros

Easy to navigate and use; intuitive. Set up templates were easy to follow. Follow up process was candidates flowed nicely.

Cons

The cost of the product or service. Not much use once we found the employees we needed. Keeping use of the software was not economical.

Response from Workpop

Hi there,

Thanks for your review and for using Workpop! We're glad you found it easy to use.

Regarding costs, we know that not all businesses need to hire frequently, which is why we offer one version of our product that allows you to pause your subscription anytime and resume when you need to hire.

We hope you'll use Workpop again once your hiring needs change!

Hollis S.

Workpop will take my business to the next level with their digital HR management and hiring...

Reviewed on 2018/01/08

Pros

Easy for me to use, everything in one place. I received lots of applicants for the jobs I posted.

Cons

Most of my team members found it not so easy to use, they had problems uploading pictures and documents. Most of them found it odd that their main home page when logging in to workpop is jobs and job searches, not their HR page. I have still not hired anyone through workpop, anyone I messaged through the site never responded back to me.

Michelle N.
  • Industry: Supermarkets

Brought in more applicants than more expensive web sites.

Reviewed on 2018/01/10

I get a lot of applications and they are a great fit for the retail industry. With other web based companies we would get plenty of applications, but would either not get phone calls back or they were looking for something different. I feel like we paid for services that were not really tailored to our industry.

Pros

I like that it is so very easy to use. It is so nice to have the app on my phone so when I am not working I can reach out to an applicant quickly to confirm my interest and let them know I will be reaching out to them when I get back to work. I feel it keeps me from losing a qualified candidate that is looking for a response.

Cons

My only con is that the Web Site works a bit slow. I can not say for sure it is all the web site and not possibly my computer, but it takes a bit for things to load. The app is faster, but for typing purposes I prefer the web site. As I type on the web it takes a bit of time for my words to appear and I am not the fastest typist.

Michael T.
  • Industry: Restaurants
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Workpop has made looking for new hires as well on the on boarding so much easier!

Reviewed on 2017/06/28

All electronically done paperwork. All employee files paperless and in one location. Great customer support. Good candidates found for hiring.

Pros

I love that all our paperwork is now electronic and that all employee files are kept neatly stored here as well.

Cons

Not much! It's been a pleasure to work with. There are sometimes a few glitches and the customer service has been very good about getting them fixed!

Response from Workpop

Thanks for your review! We're glad to hear that you have had a great experience on the platform, and that our customer support team has been prompt and helpful in responding to any issues you've encountered.

Melissa S.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Great experience with workpop overall!

Reviewed on 2017/07/14

Candidates for positions that are consistently good and abundant.

Pros

The software is easy to navigate, there are pictures of candidates, the number of applicants we get is impressive, the quality of the candidates is consistently good, and the company has great customer service.

Cons

Not all candidate applications are fully complete and some don't have pdfs or other downloadable resumes attached.

Jessica S.

Workpop has been a fantastic help in sourcing high quality candidates.

Reviewed on 2017/07/14

Pros

Easy to use, great sourcing tools, easy to find and hire someone fast.
Before using Workpop, we were wasting time posting on tons of job boards and we didn't get the volume of candidates that we needed. After Workpop, we never had to worry about sourcing again. And Workpop makes looking at applications much easier. I like how you can filter applicants by distance and shift availability.

Billy W.

very simple to use and well laid out.

Reviewed on 2017/06/30

I have been able to easily hire some really good candidates.

Pros

I like being able to message the client right away. I also like that it alerts my email when ever i have a new applicant.

Response from Workpop

Thanks for your review! We're glad to hear that you've had a great experience with Workpop, especially with our unique messaging platform that gets candidates to respond right away.

Stefan E.

Great software, very $$

Reviewed on 2018/01/12

Pros

Features and ease of use are great, the messaging and being able to download resumes. Software is great.

Cons

The cost is really high compared to other similar services, having to pay sparks and not seeing the results on the increased payment is disappointing as well.

Chris D.

So far I am impressed!

Reviewed on 2015/08/12

The simple fact that made my job post even better by adding multiple pictures really blew me away. I never take the time to write reviews, but tip of the cap to you Workpop, you earned it.

Response from Workpop

Thanks Chris! Glad to have you on Workpop and excited that you enjoy the process so far. Thanks for taking the time to review us and good luck with your job postings!

Kim S.
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Empoyer Review

Reviewed on 2019/02/13

I am very pleased and am glad I was introduced to it. I would be open to use it again.

Pros

I was able to give an employer review for an employee who had recently worked for me and had moved to another state. This is an easy way to give a reference review and help an employee get a job.

Cons

I don't have any complaints. The software was easy to use.

Deirdre R.
  • Industry: Hospitality
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

I appreciate the details you're able to provide so it isn't just an anonymous resume

Reviewed on 2017/06/29

A few new employees

Pros

That we can see a picture, a cover letter if they have one, we can message them directly, overall it's great software.

Response from Workpop

Thanks for your review! We're glad to hear that you've had a great experience using Workpop!

Danielle R.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

The first thing that got me hooked on Workpop was their customer service. They are ALWAYS...

Reviewed on 2017/08/08

Ease of use; keeping candidates engaged throughout the hiring process, allowing my management team access to the recruitment process from the beginning.

Pros

The software is user friendly. You don't have to try to figure out what is going to happen when you click on a button. Its simple and to the point on both the applicants side as well as the employers'. The software has begun to bridge the gap between the corporate team and management at the store level.

Cons

Sometimes there are glitches, but nothing that has prevented something from being completed on time; a simple refresh usually does the trick.

Michelle R.

Easy

Reviewed on 2019/07/23

Overall good but may get more bang for your buck elsewhere

Pros

Very easy to use. Anyone could be introduced and immediately use the program.

Cons

We do not get a great response. Not sure if they limit advertising or what but very limited responses.

Karl B.
  • Industry: Music

We used Workpop to hire an Exec. Dir. for our non-profit. It provided great features and...

Reviewed on 2017/07/06

Broad distribution of our job opening and excellent tools for communicating with applicants.

Pros

Workpop's best feature is that, after submitting your job opening, the opening is sent out to multiple other hiring sites to expand visibility of your opening. We received significantly more applicants than we anticipated and had an excellent pool of qualified people. The software is also designed to provide all the information about an applicant needed by a hiring organization. You also have the benefit of being able to communicate with applicants entirely within the software if desired so you only have to give out additional contact information to the candidates you want to.

Cons

The cost to post a single job opening was more than we had expected to pay. As a small non-profit the regular fee was all we could afford so we weren't able to use some of the advanced advertising features.

Response from Workpop

Thanks for your review. We're glad you've enjoyed our automated sourcing capabilities and found great quality candidates through the platform.

Although we do charge to use the platform, you may pause or cancel your Hiring Essentials subscription anytime, so you can pay only when you need to hire, and pay nothing when you don't.