2 325 reviews

LifeCubby

Child care management & parent engagement platform

4,3
2 325 reviews
Jasmine M.
Industry: Computer Software
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

User friendly, efficient and immediate communication

Reviewed on 2018/05/09

Pros

10/10 software! This platform was great to have as a dance instructor! This minimizes the need for paperwork and gets rid of it completely. I feel like LifeCubby is a great way to have communication with parents without having them in the room with us. I absolutely love the tuition tracking. This platform is every companies dream if they deal with little ones!

Cons

I wish LifeCubby had more reports, and some of the ones that they have really need improvement. I also wished they had for parents when a incident happen is to do finger signing to sign off on the report. The cons for this company are worth it because I believe LifeCubby is worth every cent.

Response from LifeCubby

Thank you for your review of LifeCubby Jasmine! Please call the office or email me with your thoughts on the reports! We value your feedback.
614-423-7815

Robbin S.
Industry: Individual & Family Services

Challenges need addressing

Reviewed on 2020/09/02

It was difficult to lear initially and I still feel like we’re trying to figure things out. Overall it’s been worth it to bundle everything through LifeCubby. I just wish it were easier to use from the Admin side.

Pros

All encompassing. Easy to interact with parents. It bundled many of the individual things we were doing and paying for and streamlined them.

Cons

Backend payment features could be streamlined more. You can’t change the tuition posting date. If you set up alerts for a classroom and you are using the app (not a computer) the system gets overloaded and freezes. Many features are inaccessible when using the app. Specifically, teachers can’t do developmental assessments on their tablets, in their classrooms. You can’t update a child’s daily sheet when that child is logged as outside or in another classroom. So if a child eats lunch outside or goes potty during outside time, it cannot be logged until the class returns. This is especially difficult now that most of our childcare is happening outside. I thought I would be able to schedule employees (like post a schedule) with LC but that’s not possible.

Jeni H.
Industry: Education Management

Great company to work with.

Reviewed on 2020/11/17

We have had LifeCubby since 2018 and the staff have always been there to walk beside us if we have any difficulty and help us work through gathering the data we are trying to gather or whatever the need may be.

Pros

What I like the most about LifeCubby is that the staff are always willing to work with you and help you. In a day where almost all customer service is computerized it is great to pick up the phone and talk to someone who will help you in a very timely manner.

Cons

Sometimes there is a lot of clicks to get to your destination; however, every time we call and mention this they are very quick to fix it if it is possible.

Response from LifeCubby

Thank you Jeni for your review of LifeCubby!!

Kristy W.

Teacher and Parent interface - Life Cubby Review

Reviewed on 2016/12/07

I use Life Cubby as a teacher in a toddler classroom, and as a parent of a preschooler. As a teacher, it is cumbersome and frustrating, but as a parent gives me a clear snapshot of my child's day. The frustrating parts as a teacher include the following: when we "take our children to an activity" and track that, it doesn't allow us to track the diaper that happened on our way out the door, or the child who dropped off on the playground . . . when we make a classroom observation and want to add it everyone for evidence and assessment, you literally have to go into each child and repeat the process for that one observation each time . . . when you are lesson planning, you can not easily copy and paste an entire day to the next (we use the same curriculum on Monday as we do on Tuesday with different kids) . . . there is a lack of communication with regard to upgrades and when Life Cubby will be down for service. I have done two years worth of Vines this and last year, and have had to completely re-do them mid -year because of Vine revisions which change the entire criteria and do not populate into the new. This has been a complete waste of time and has been very frustrating . . . there is no button to delete a posting if you make an error, such as posting snack at 9:40 instead of 10:40. Once you do that, your entire tracking for the day is off . . . A few times, I have accidentally marked a student in an observation that wasn't included, and there is no way to untag that person - I have had to add a comment apologizing, which then feeds to everyone tagged in that observation . . . because Life Cubby is used in a busy classroom it makes sense that there should be more built-in safeguards or ways to detract postings if errors are made . . . In three hours, we track 72 entries (attendance and dismissal for 9, diapers for 9, snack for 9, and four activities for 9, so it tends to be slow and freezes, or "processes" often which is completely frustrating when you are trying to get it all in before dismissing the child. As a parent, it is a great product if the teacher is willing to put in the work and deal with all the cumbersome things...I get a clear picture of my child's day, observations from his class with pictures, newsletters, and notes all in one handy place. As a parent, I am grateful for Life Cubby, so as a teacher, I muddle through because I know it makes the parents feel connected. Thank you!

Response from LifeCubby

Thank you Kristy for your review and your feedback. I will pass on the information to our team. Upgrades to the app are coming in early 2017 that will allow more editing on the app.
If you have any questions, please feel free to give us a call at the office at 614-423-7815.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Valentina W.
Industry: Education Management

This App has been a lifesaver during the pandemic!

Reviewed on 2020/08/28

Bumpy, but worth it. I was apprehensive, but desperate, for an app to communicate with parents and allow them to pay online. As a small school, the fees associated with most payment platforms where far more than we could absorb. LifeCubby has provided an affordable way to meet this need. I must also mention that every single time I had a question, even if it was multiple times a day, the customer service at LifeCubby has been quick, kind, personable, and knowledgeable.

Pros

This app has allowed staff to work from home (namely our tuition assistant). It has also made all of the initial work of entering student information worth it as communication while we were closed has remained consistent and clear. As we learn more about the various features offered, we are excited to start implementing more at our school.

Cons

The first several months of use, we found this program to be very slow and not necessarily intuitive in use. It is also a very manual process up front, particularly as we are constantly adding and removing students at the start of new terms.

Courtney K.

Great Program

Reviewed on 2020/09/03

Costumer service is wonderful and very responsive. The program does what we want it to do. I wish pricing was a little more friendly as that is a reason we are looking at other programs.

Pros

I love the ease of communicating with families. They can see all the information and communicate with staff when they get time, or staff can ask questions throughout the day.

Cons

I wish there were more features on the admin side. More direct access to times all in one place for each child instead of having to pull a report. I wish the billing feature was easy to navigate as we have schedules that change on a weekly basis. I would also like to implement the food program feature but seems not as user friendly so we have just been doing it all on paper.

Clarissa R.

LifeCubby Review

We love it.

Pros

We love this program. We use it for everything at our program. Our parents love that they can communicate with their child's teacher in real time. They love the pictures and the videos. As an admin I like the ability to track enrollment, lesson plans, and health information. It's a great product. We have referred a number of other child care providers to LifeCubyy.

Cons

The way that emails can only be sent to all students not individual students.

Amy L.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

LifeCubby makes life easier

Reviewed on 2020/08/28

LifeCubby has made things easier for both staff and administration. It saves time and paper since everything is through one app and everything is sent to both families and administrators. Observations, Assessments, Lesson Planning, Reports, etc. all are done through same app instead of having separate subscriptions and transferring or repeating the same information onto several apps. The graphics are colorful and fun and can be edited if so desired. It invites parent involvement by letting them help modify their accounts and add their own photos and information. We just love this App!!

Pros

Ratio alerts
Staff /child check-in features
The Vine assessment tool
Incident Report feature

Cons

I really can't think of any features that I like the least. There is so much to this software that it does take a little time to learn it all and get used to it, but it is still worth it in the long run.

Dorota M.

Great App with FANTASTIC Customer Support

Reviewed on 2020/09/15

Because this is the first time that we are using this app, we had questions. Many questions on random days. The customer service is excellent. They are always there for you.

Pros

Very easy to use. Comprehensive and yet simple. Will be definitely switching from our current apps as everything is in one.

Cons

Nothing. Life cubby really meets my needs.

Response from LifeCubby

Thank you Dorota for your review!

Stephanie P.
Industry: Food & Beverages
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Great Concept, Needs optimization

Reviewed on 2020/08/28

I, personally, am not solving business problems with this app. But I imagine that my childrens' school is solving communication issues with parents and teachers, allowing them to speak in real time throughout the day. It also allows the school to document, in writing, that they have provided certain information to parents. I LOVE the concept of this app and hope some optimization is planned to increase the user-friendliness.

Pros

The intended use of this software is a great concept- to facilitate communication between teachers and parents; and exchange documentation and photographs on a secure platform. The best thing about this app is the "Daily Sheet", which is available to seen in real time for each child. The Daily Sheet provides information about the child's day, such as food eaten, diaper changes, mood, nap times, etc.. It's a HUGE help to know how your child's day went and how that may affect their time at home.

Cons

The app is clunky and not user friendly. It can be difficult to navigate and the messaging feature, for example, does not work consistently nor intuitively. When I click on the message icon, I expect to see a thread of prior messages between myself and the teacher/classroom, but random messages often disappear. Also, there is a notification icon if something new is added to the child's page, but it doesn't disappear even after you've checked the new item. It gives the impression that you should still be looking for a 'new item' which could be a message, photo, incident report, menu, or some other type of documentation. There is also a character limit in the message section that is pretty short- a couple sentences maybe.

Response from LifeCubby

Hello Stephanie,
Thank you for your feedback. Feel free to call the office 614-423-7815 or email us at [email protected] for assistance.

Likelihood to recommend: 3.0/10

Annette B.
Industry: Education Management

We have been using LifeCubby in our center for about 6 years and it has proven to be an asset to us.

Reviewed on 2018/02/09

Pros

The teachers don't have to use paper anymore for daily sheets, portfolios or attendance. Parents like that we're a techy center. I can use the Director's Dashboard from my computer in the office to see how many students and teachers are checked-in throughout my building which is really helpful since we have a large center. I also get an email notifying me if there's a message. The eBlast system is also really useful, it has all the exposure notices built-in for letting the parents know whenever there's a diagnosed case of something in the building. Now that LifeCubby has the Tuition Tracking, it's nice that I don't have to manage our roster in 2 different softwares. I was very happy to stop using Procare it's such an outdated system. We also use Frog Street curriculum, and the Lesson Plans are built-in for us so that's a huge time-saver on the teachers they don't have to type them in. They can make changes to the Lesson Plans, though, so that's also good since we customize the Lesson Plans. We also use the Vine Assessments, which are from LifeCubby, although some of the teachers actually prefer the booklets, so it's nice that they have the booklets also. Even with all that, the best part of LifeCubby is still the photos. That's what the parents really like, and it helps them see that their child is learning. I always talk about LifeCubby whenever a tour a new family at our center, and it seems to help with their enrollment decision. Plus, we keep a monitor in our lobby with Photoroll going all day long it shows the most recent pictures from the classrooms. The parents really like that.

Cons

The reports need work. I wish LifeCubby had more reports, and some of the ones that they have really need improvement. The reports don't all work the same, and it seems that some of the reports follow different style guides. They keep coming out with more reports, so I'm hoping that some of the ones that I use to get from Procare are out soon. Also there needs to be a way to generate balance-due automatic emails to just the families who are behind but they don't have that yet. Also, not all the functions of the Classroom App are available on the web, so that makes it hard when you need to edit something and you have to get out a tablet to do it. I wish parents could do a finger-signature on the tablet like to sign an Incident Report. The user interface on the web and the user interface on the apps are completely different. The icons are different, even the colors are different. It would be good if they updated the web to match the apps.

Response from LifeCubby

Thank you Annette for your review of LifeCubby!

Denisy D.

I think that the features are not developed to maximum potential. The app is not developed well.

Reviewed on 2017/08/01

Pros

I like the concept of LifeCubby of having the daily sheets and pictures of the activities. when it works properly it is a good tool to have. also, I love the email blast. It is a good tool that helps improve communication with parents.

Cons

I think that is still room for improvement such as developing a more efficient app that communicates with the computer version of it. On the app, after the last update, it is slower and it takes a long time to input information; for example, if we are log in diaper changes, we have to click in boxes every time information is logged in, instead of just clicking on a child.
As well as the ability to upload pictures is very limited. The whole concept is that we can share pictures of the child with their families and 4 or 6 does not make the cut as the classrooms have more than 4 - 6 children.
Also, when I tried to remove/withdraw a child from the LifeCubby it goes to the pending status instead of being removed. The archive feature does not really archives them and instead it sends them to a pending status.
Along with that when I am trying to withdraw a child, even after I managed to really archive a child, there is no feature to disconnect the parent from LifeCubby. Parents still connected with the center after many years.

Response from LifeCubby

Thank you for your review of LifeCubby Denisy.
Please call the office at 614-423-7815 and we would be happy to help you with the removal of the child in question.
As for any challenges you may have with the APP, please make sure that your APPS and operating software for your tablet are up to date.
If you continue to have challenges, please call the office.

Sarah W.
Industry: Education Management

Our school and parents appreciate the communication LifeCubby brings

Reviewed on 2016/12/06

We have been using LifeCubby for a number of years now. While there are other similar options that are available to preschools, we plan on maintaining our subscription with LifeCubby. Parents, especially of our youngest children, comment on how much they enjoy being able to see a snapshot of their child's day. Some of our classrooms use the daily sheet function, some teachers use a function to remind parents they are low on supplies like diapers, and all classrooms use the observation function. When our school had lost power, I as the director, was able to send out an email to all families from my phone that our school phone lines were down. In the past, we used the assessment tools, but this year moved away from that option. The assessments offered were many, but did not align completely to the Illinois Early Learning Standards or the Illinois Early Learning and Development Guidelines. Our NAC (national) and ExceleRate (state) accreditation programs ask us to align with those standards, so we have switched what we do. A handful of our parents have had a hard time using the app, and it seems there are frequent updates and changes. I assume that is normal for technology that is so widespread. Any time we have had trouble, we have been contacted back with assistance the same day. Once in a while I have had trouble on the admin side of things, but small issues, like classrooms being out of order on my admin list, or not being able to remove a child from our withdrawn/unassigned list. One teacher issue is being confused about how to log children in their own room, but it is not all the time or could be teacher error (like checking in a child, but it checks them into the wrong room). Overall, our experience is positive!

Pros

Wide variety of options for use, great communication tool, picture/observation tool is great

Cons

Details of use change frequently with updates, need to re-upload app after updates (in the past)

Response from LifeCubby

Thank you Sarah for your review of LifeCubby!

Lisa D.

Love it but could use some tweaks.

Reviewed on 2016/12/06

As a teacher imputting the information you make it difficult by making me have to stop to type out the name of the formula. It would be so much easier, convenient and practical if like in the admins area we could add and edit a list of formulas used in the room both in the bottle section as well as in the drink sections of breakfast, snack, and lunch.

When using and imputting NAEYC accredidation it would help to have a jump screen where you could jump to section 1-9 instead of having to scroll down and search for the needed section. Also it would be a lot more help if we could check off when we completed that item instead of it automatically checking off just because we put one item in it. Ability to place photos in a collage when placing multiple photos in one part of NAEYC.

Stop making infant room the default no matter which room is signed in.

Ability to connect the observations to the lesson plans or to know when that observarion has already been tied to a lesson plan.

Having some ability to know if a parent has signed in and seen a message without having responded back. (Possibly like a read receipt to see that a message has been received and when a parent has opened it).

Instead of the little blue button on the child's picture having a pop up box that shows when a parent has responded back.

Have parent comments stay attatched to daily sheets and such when we up load them to NAEYC accreditation.

Ability to mark when a child has been breastfed by their mom with maybe a note section for marking whether they ate well or not.

In the check-in and out section allow them to choose the classroom so that even though a parent my be in the infant room checking in their infant they can also check in their three year old IN THEIR CLASSROOM without the teachers having to track kids to their actual room.

Pros

Most of its ease and convenience.

Cons

A few parts of the inconvenince (see tirade on last page)

Response from LifeCubby

Thank you Lisa for your review of LifeCubby! We appreciate your feedback and will pass this on to the development team.

Alyssa S.
Industry: Individual & Family Services

GK LifeCubby

Reviewed on 2020/08/28

Overall I have really enjoyed our experience with LifeCubby over the last few years. It has made my job so much easier and has been a great selling point when we are trying to enroll families. It really appeals to them to be able to get updates about their child's day when they can't be with them. Since the pandemic started we have relied heavily on LifeCubby as the main form of communication between the teachers and parents. Because of our Covid protocols parents aren't able to go back to the classrooms at this time so it has been very helpful to have LifeCubby to communicate with them on a daily basis.

Pros

There are so many different features in LifeCubby that I find very useful. For our purposes LifeCubby is used as a communication tool to keep in contact with our families throughout the day when they can't be with their children. Because of that, the features that we find most useful are the different details about the child's day that we can enter such as, when they get clocked in and out for the day, the daily sheets, messages/E-Blasts, Observations and the reports.

Cons

Generally, I really enjoy this software. There are glitches from time to time but my concerns are always addressed right away. Not only are they quick to respond, but they are patient and friendly. I never feel like I am bothering them with my questions.

Mauree D.

My thoughts about Life Cubby

Reviewed on 2019/12/10

i love to communicate with my families and sometime I leave for the day with out seeing the parents bc they work late . When the parents get home they can sit with their child and show them an observation from the day and the child can share what they did do instead of them saying nothing, They have a picture in front of them and a conversation can spark.. So this is just an added extra for the parents to be a part of the children's day and having them see how much and what their child learns each day.

Pros

I like using LC bc it helps keeps the parents informed on our daily activities. As I post the observations I always get feed back from the Parents on how much they love the pictures and they even share them with Grandparents as well..

Cons

It would be nice if there was an easier "quicker way" to post pictures as well as maybe being able to send more than six pictures at a time I have a class of 8 as much as 12 in a day and I just like to send one complete observation with a picture of each instead of posting another observation

Response from LifeCubby

Hi Mauree and thank you for your review of LifeCubby!
There is a quick post option where you can just share the picture and you do not need to type anything in the observation. In the new release in 2020, there will not be a limit on the number of pictures! Please call the office if you need more assistance! 614-423-7815

Elisha F.

Lifecubby is an essential part of connecting teachers to families and families to their child!

Reviewed on 2016/10/18

Our staff utilize Lifecubby is vital at our organization for connecting and involving families in their child's planning learning and development.Teachers love Lifecubby because it's easy to link observations with the developmental goals. We also use LifeCubby as a selling point during the enrollment process and parents are very impressed! They love being able to access photos and observations throughout the day as opposed to waiting until pick up time for child updates. As an Administrator , I love LifeCubby because I can customize it so that it fits our program. It definitely helps our center stand out above the rest, in this very competitive business!

Pros

Ilike that it'a easy to use and that most of the questions I have as far as navigation are answered with in the help FAQs

Cons

Sometimes the program has changed or features have been added without a warning. Therefor I often have staff come to me with questions about navigation that I may not have the answer to right away. also, the phone app seems very difficult for staff to use because it doesn't alsways work.

Response from LifeCubby

Hi Elisha!
Thank you for your review of LifeCubby. If the APP does not seem to be working, make sure they have the most recent version of the app and the most recent version of the operating system of the device they are using.
If you are still having challenges, please call the office at 614-423-7815 and we would be happy to troubleshoot.

Corey W.

Reviewed on 2019/09/17

Overall I like Lifecubby, it took some getting used to at first and we still have trouble with the "Please Wait" circle, sometimes it will forever just circle around and we eventually have to log out and log back in.

Pros

That I can communicate with parents and teachers as I am a parent as well as a teacher. I can see both sides of Lifecubby.

Cons

On the parents side of it, when the teacher posts a picture or observation, sometimes it does not update and will not show me the picture or observation. I will get an email that one was posted but once I get to the app it is not listed or will not sow me any updated past a date a long time ago. When I know there has been many posted since a certain date. And then again, sometimes it will have been posted and then the next day they are gone again.

Response from LifeCubby

Thank you Corey for your review of LifeCubby.
I have not heard of observations missing or disappearing. Please contact the office so we can troubleshoot with your device.
When you get the please wait option, that typically means that there is a wi-fi connection issue. Also, please make sure that your operating system of your device and your family app has the most updated version.
Launching in 2020 will be our Version 3 with a whole new user interface! I know you will love it!
If you ever have question, please give us a call 614-423-7815

Tiffany B.
Industry: Education Management

LifeCubby makes my job easier!

Reviewed on 2019/04/12

I always recommend Lifecubby on social media when peers ask for recommendations. I have met the owner of LifeCubby several times and love her commitment and availability to her customers. I've had a great experience overall!

Pros

As an owner of 2 early care and education centers I am able to access information easily for both my locations. I have real time information accessible and also can review past data. I have one place to communicate with my staff and families, keep accurate records and enrollment data. Plus my staff can observe and assess the children easily.

Cons

I really like having a digital record that I can always have access to. I would like an area for scanning and uploading information for staff and children. An area as an administrator that I can document incidents or staff violations or licensing issues that only I as the administrator have access to. The reports are very helpful but again from the administration side data is my best friend and having more reports would assist me further.

Response from LifeCubby

Thank you Tiffany for your kind words and your review! We are getting ready in the summer to launch V3 of LifeCubby!
There will be more reporting features and some admin tools that I think you will appreciate!

Victoria L.

A Wonderful Resource

Reviewed on 2019/12/14

Reducing the number of paper files
Real-time communication with families
Consistency between classrooms and teachers

Pros

LifeCubby has been a wonderful resource for both teachers and families. Information that is logged into the program is kept in one organized location that is quick and easy to reference. It has changed the way that important notes are communicated with families about their children.

I think that with a few changes LifeCubby will continue to grow and be used by teachers. I will continue to recommend LifeCubby to peers as a way to enhance the efficiency of data sharing in their classrooms.

Cons

There are a few things that I feel would add to the overall effectiveness of the product from a teacher's point of view. A Teacher-to-Teacher feature would enhance communication between coworkers by providing a platform for information and data sharing. I also feel that different color notification bubbles to distinguish between a message that is read by families and a message read by teachers would be helpful as well.

Response from LifeCubby

Thank you for your feedback and your reivew of LifeCubby Victoria!

Mindy D.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Parent that loves LifeCubby!

Reviewed on 2020/08/28

I'm a parent that access LifeCubby several times a day to stay informed on how my child is doing.

Pros

I love that I can access this program at anytime and see what my child has been up to during the day! The teachers at her daycare (Adventureland Childcare) are great at updating the app with activities, pictures, meals, diaper and nap information. They used to only use paper to communicate this so I felt a disconnect not knowing what was going on with my child during the day. Now I feel more involved and get excited when I see there has been a new observation added. I also love that the program sends a daily recap email at the end of the day! It's easy for me to use as a parent and seems to be easy for the teachers to use as well!

Cons

Some of the features are not being utilized by the daycare. It would be great if they would utilise them as I feel it would make us all feel more connected. Especially with COVID-10; as we are unable to even enter the building. Ex: morning in take, newsletters, lesson plans, assessments, great job, etc. It would be great to use the "home journal" too, but it doesn't appear to be on? It would be great for teachers to post videos introducing themselves and giving weekly updates since we can't speak to the teachers directly.

Megan C.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care
Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Solid choice for our daycare

Reviewed on 2020/08/28

As a worry wart parent who always wants to know how my babies are doing, this has been a great option for me to check on my kids throughout the day. I am very pleased with the app and would recommend it to other daycare centers looking for real time online communication with parents.

Pros

We have been using LifeCubby since our daycare implemented its use a couple of years ago. We now have a 3 yo and an 11 month old in care, and I love being able to get updates throughout the day and seeing their observations when they post pictures or videos- this is absolutely my favorite feature! I appreciate the real time updates to my email and app when the teachers post anything to the app, including any questions or concerns for me.

Cons

I've noticed recently that I will get an email update but the app doesn't update until later in the day. The web page generally has whatever the update it, so I can look at it online that way. The more recent notifications have also not provided me with a link to go directly to the update or told me which child it affects.

Leona T.

Great Educational Software

Reviewed on 2019/05/03

The problems being solved is being able to integrate all of the paperwork, billing and parent communication into one portal.

The benefits are a lot less time being spent on the admin aspect and that affords more quality time being spent with the children

Pros

I like most about LifeCubby is its functionality and ease of use. It is a life saver on time and definitely great on reducing paperwork. Being able to send a receive messages without having to check emails is wonderful. The best part is being able to have all of the family and contact information in one place even on field trips. I give it a thumbs up. 👍🏽

Cons

The only thing I dislike about the app is having to keep going back and forth through the screen when logging diapers, bottles or food just to add the teacher name. There should be a way to automatically log the teachers name upon sign-in. This is just one step that could be more efficient and less time clicking back and forth for an entire class

Response from LifeCubby

Thank you for your review Leona! V3 is launching in just a few months and you will not have to leave the tool to check in a teacher! One of the many awesome things coming with V3! Stay tuned.
If you have any questions, please give us a call 614-423-7815.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Katey P.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Great, just needs a few adjustments!

Reviewed on 2020/08/28

Overall I enjoy the functionality of LifeCubby. My daughter attends Little Lamb Christian Daycare. The functionality that I use on a daily basis is the morning intake, daily sheets, and school observation. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] daycare doesn't seem to use the other functions available. I think if the messaging could be accessed from one location, instead of having different options that would be helpful. Otherwise, great app!

Pros

I like the ability to receive photos of my daughter while she is at daycare every day.

Cons

The app seems to run slowly at times. Additionally, I feel that the messaging aspect of the app is difficult to navigate. Sometimes, when I send messages, my initial message is not kept in the chat once the teacher replies. Also, it can be difficult to locate where a message was first started, as messages can be initiated on a photo post or on the daily sheet summary. On the morning intake field, it shows on the daily sheet: "Sunscreen applied?: No Check med?: No". When I perform the morning intake, I don't have the option to fill these fields in at all, but it always shows up with "No" as the answer. My only option on the morning intake is to enter a note in an open text box.

Tia L.
Industry: Banking
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Parent Review

Reviewed on 2020/09/02

It works better than most applications needs some updating but overall good.

Pros

I like I can communicate with teachers and get update notifications on my phone.

Cons

Some of the features when writing teachers the message just stays there and it doesn’t look like it sends, you have to log out and back in to see it actually go through. Having multiple children selecting each and having to go back to the tab needed is frustrating, confuses me on which child I’m looking at information for.