2 687 reviews

LifeCubby

Child care management & parent engagement platform

2 687 reviews
Jasmine M.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

User friendly, efficient and immediate communication

Reviewed on 2018/05/09

Pros

10/10 software! This platform was great to have as a dance instructor! This minimizes the need for paperwork and gets rid of it completely. I feel like LifeCubby is a great way to have communication with parents without having them in the room with us. I absolutely love the tuition tracking. This platform is every companies dream if they deal with little ones!

Cons

I wish LifeCubby had more reports, and some of the ones that they have really need improvement. I also wished they had for parents when a incident happen is to do finger signing to sign off on the report. The cons for this company are worth it because I believe LifeCubby is worth every cent.

Response from LifeCubby

Thank you for your review of LifeCubby Jasmine! Please call the office or email me with your thoughts on the reports! We value your feedback.
614-423-7815

Annette B.

We have been using LifeCubby in our center for about 6 years and it has proven to be an asset...

Reviewed on 2018/02/09

Pros

The teachers don't have to use paper anymore for daily sheets, portfolios or attendance. Parents like that we're a techy center. I can use the Director's Dashboard from my computer in the office to see how many students and teachers are checked-in throughout my building which is really helpful since we have a large center. I also get an email notifying me if there's a message. The eBlast system is also really useful, it has all the exposure notices built-in for letting the parents know whenever there's a diagnosed case of something in the building. Now that LifeCubby has the Tuition Tracking, it's nice that I don't have to manage our roster in 2 different softwares. I was very happy to stop using Procare it's such an outdated system. We also use Frog Street curriculum, and the Lesson Plans are built-in for us so that's a huge time-saver on the teachers they don't have to type them in. They can make changes to the Lesson Plans, though, so that's also good since we customize the Lesson Plans. We also use the Vine Assessments, which are from LifeCubby, although some of the teachers actually prefer the booklets, so it's nice that they have the booklets also. Even with all that, the best part of LifeCubby is still the photos. That's what the parents really like, and it helps them see that their child is learning. I always talk about LifeCubby whenever a tour a new family at our center, and it seems to help with their enrollment decision. Plus, we keep a monitor in our lobby with Photoroll going all day long it shows the most recent pictures from the classrooms. The parents really like that.

Cons

The reports need work. I wish LifeCubby had more reports, and some of the ones that they have really need improvement. The reports don't all work the same, and it seems that some of the reports follow different style guides. They keep coming out with more reports, so I'm hoping that some of the ones that I use to get from Procare are out soon. Also there needs to be a way to generate balance-due automatic emails to just the families who are behind but they don't have that yet. Also, not all the functions of the Classroom App are available on the web, so that makes it hard when you need to edit something and you have to get out a tablet to do it. I wish parents could do a finger-signature on the tablet like to sign an Incident Report. The user interface on the web and the user interface on the apps are completely different. The icons are different, even the colors are different. It would be good if they updated the web to match the apps.

Response from LifeCubby

Thank you Annette for your review of LifeCubby!

Sarah W.

Our school and parents appreciate the communication LifeCubby brings

Reviewed on 2016/12/06

We have been using LifeCubby for a number of years now. While there are other similar options that are available to preschools, we plan on maintaining our subscription with LifeCubby. Parents, especially of our youngest children, comment on how much they enjoy being able to see a snapshot of their child's day. Some of our classrooms use the daily sheet function, some teachers use a function to remind parents they are low on supplies like diapers, and all classrooms use the observation function. When our school had lost power, I as the director, was able to send out an email to all families from my phone that our school phone lines were down. In the past, we used the assessment tools, but this year moved away from that option. The assessments offered were many, but did not align completely to the Illinois Early Learning Standards or the Illinois Early Learning and Development Guidelines. Our NAC (national) and ExceleRate (state) accreditation programs ask us to align with those standards, so we have switched what we do. A handful of our parents have had a hard time using the app, and it seems there are frequent updates and changes. I assume that is normal for technology that is so widespread. Any time we have had trouble, we have been contacted back with assistance the same day. Once in a while I have had trouble on the admin side of things, but small issues, like classrooms being out of order on my admin list, or not being able to remove a child from our withdrawn/unassigned list. One teacher issue is being confused about how to log children in their own room, but it is not all the time or could be teacher error (like checking in a child, but it checks them into the wrong room). Overall, our experience is positive!

Pros

Wide variety of options for use, great communication tool, picture/observation tool is great

Cons

Details of use change frequently with updates, need to re-upload app after updates (in the past)

Response from LifeCubby

Thank you Sarah for your review of LifeCubby!

Leona T.

Great Educational Software

Reviewed on 2019/05/03

The problems being solved is being able to integrate all of the paperwork, billing and parent communication into one portal.

The benefits are a lot less time being spent on the admin aspect and that affords more quality time being spent with the children

Pros

I like most about LifeCubby is its functionality and ease of use. It is a life saver on time and definitely great on reducing paperwork. Being able to send a receive messages without having to check emails is wonderful. The best part is being able to have all of the family and contact information in one place even on field trips. I give it a thumbs up. 👍🏽

Cons

The only thing I dislike about the app is having to keep going back and forth through the screen when logging diapers, bottles or food just to add the teacher name. There should be a way to automatically log the teachers name upon sign-in. This is just one step that could be more efficient and less time clicking back and forth for an entire class

Response from LifeCubby

Thank you for your review Leona! V3 is launching in just a few months and you will not have to leave the tool to check in a teacher! One of the many awesome things coming with V3! Stay tuned.
If you have any questions, please give us a call 614-423-7815.

Tia L.
  • Industry: Banking
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Parent Review

Reviewed on 2020/09/02

It works better than most applications needs some updating but overall good.

Pros

I like I can communicate with teachers and get update notifications on my phone.

Cons

Some of the features when writing teachers the message just stays there and it doesn’t look like it sends, you have to log out and back in to see it actually go through. Having multiple children selecting each and having to go back to the tab needed is frustrating, confuses me on which child I’m looking at information for.

Michelle C.

Great product

Reviewed on 2019/12/16

My overall experience with Lifecubby is great. I love the accessibility, and how it can be managed anywhere. It is a relief to the parents that I can send them messages privately without a chance of hacking.

Pros

I love how this software is easy to use and can be accessed through my computer or mobile device at any time. It is great to be able to take pictures and observations and immediately upload them to the parents. If I have questions or remember I need to send a memo to parents I can just shoot out a comment either individually or to my whole class.

Cons

I wished we could send videos. At our school we often catch moments of the kiddos singing songs, building great structures or something that happens in a split second.

Response from LifeCubby

Thank you for your reivew of LifeCubby Michelle. In our new release, capturing those moments with video will be a breeze! You can still share short videos, however, not all people can view the video on their mobile devices. Sometimes they need to be viewed through a web browser.

Jody R.

LifeCubby helps improve communication!

Reviewed on 2016/10/26

LifeCubby has helped us with our parent communication substantially. It is fairly intuitive and my teachers quickly became comfortable using most aspects. Parents are thrilled to be receiving pictures and observations regularly, the ability to respond and ask questions in real time. I have looked at other options, and LifeCubby is a good value for the cost and continues to improve.
Whenever we have had technical questions, LifeCubby has been responsive and quickly helped us solve our problems.
Parents, teachers and administrators all benefit from LifeCubby and the ease of communication.

Pros

Intuitive, timely technical support, ability to communicate with teachers and parents effectively and quickly

Cons

Don't always receive communication about updates and how things will look different. Doesn't have spell check on observations,

Response from LifeCubby

Hi Jody!
Thank you for your review of LifeCubby!
Check your device settings for spell check options.
If you have any questions, please let us know.
614-423-7815

Best daycare app

Reviewed on 2020/08/28

Overall, I have few complaints and really enjoy being able to keep up with my child’s activities. This app is great and allows parents to stay connected and involved. I have used childcare providers that use traditional daily logs, and I find this app much more user friendly than a sheet of paper. I appreciate the organization and data history this app provides.

Pros

I like the category options available for my care provider to utilize. I feel connected and involved in my child’s program. I really enjoy the school observations and images of my child uploaded throughout the day. The daily sheet is thorough, detailed and a great overview of my child’s day.

Cons

I wish there was an option to filter and view information that’s input. For example, a log with check in/out times for a given date range would be useful. I used to receive push notifications on my mobile device, which have stopped even though my settings allow all notifications from the app. When a message is sent through the Conversation portal, the notification within the app is not removed once the message has been read- this can be frustrating because I ultimately feel like I’m missing something in another category and go through each one trying to clear the notification.

Antoinette N.

I love using lifecubby

Reviewed on 2018/07/13

Pros

Leaving my baby once my maternity leave was over was very difficult. My daycare uses this product and i couldn't be happier. I love being able to check on him throughout the day, they send photos, update be on bottle feedings and diapers.

Cons

I do not like that I cannot update his profile picture. His face had changed alot since they took it. I also have gotten messages from the teachers when he hasn't been there and I can never find them. I have searched thru all the filters but still couldn't find them.

Response from LifeCubby

Thank you for your review of LifeCubby Antoinette.
You can change your child's profile picture either in the app or on the web. The log in credentials you are using for the app will also work on the web, where there is an HELP section. Your messages will appear as a purple explanation point on your child's profile photo. You can also click on the thought bubble under your child's profile photo to see conversations. The thought bubble will have all messaging from the school to you. Here is a video to also assist you.
Please let us know if you have any questions! 614-423-7815.

Ben G.
  • Industry: Higher Education

Great program

Reviewed on 2021/01/22

It's been a great program aside from the message system. Having to click on message and then the child and then message and then the second child gets old. Other than that, it is such an amazing program.

Pros

Ease of use, near real-time information. It's clean, convenient, and has great stuff. Pictures can be added and viewed easily, the information updates for the children's day is great, and near everything always runs smoothly. Also, the program never shuts down or has problems with accessing it.

Cons

Multiple children message system. When you want to view a message, you have to click into messages and then the child. Sometimes I'm not able to view the message right away and will forget which child has a message. Then, I have to click messages and then the child and then message and the next child until I find the one with the message. Too much random clicking.

Ashley W.

I would like to see some changes with the app for the parents and also the staff within our...

Reviewed on 2016/10/18

We love the app, we just wish that the app had more to offer and was easier to use for our staff. Some parents are also having a hard time when we message them and they are not getting a notification that we have sent them a note. I would also like to see that the parents are being notified when their is an update available for them to upgrade. We have also seen that when a child is transferred to another room that the information that is placed in the new room is not transferrable to the other room. I would also like to see an easy parent check in. This way we get all the information that is needed, but the parents are able to do this with ease. Customer service is always willing to help and if they don't have the answer, they are quick to respond with one the next day in resolving the problem.

Pros

I like that the parents are able to access this throughout the day.

Cons

I wish it was more functional, for someone that is not used to using it.

Response from LifeCubby

Hi Ashley,
Thank you for your review of LifeCubby.
There are updates for the app coming out soon! Please contact the office to go over some of your concerns listed. There is an easier parent check in, all data moves with the child and should not be "lost".
We would be happy to clarify above and any other questions. 614-423-7815

Darcey M.

Parent AND teacher

Reviewed on 2020/08/31

I love it over similar software we’ve used in the past

Pros

I love this software to check up on my babies daily routines i also love as a teacher communicating with my students parents

Cons

The app for apple makes parent teacher communication very hard.

Erika D.

Lifecubby

Reviewed on 2019/05/17

Overall experience with lifecubby has been okay.

Pros

The most beneficial is it’s a way of staying communicated with the families.

Cons

The least beneficial is how it automatically does updates or randomly stops working completely. It’s doable but it becomes inconvenient in classroom management such as, checking children in, staying in touch with families, etc. Also, it does not let you know when a parent messages you unless you go back to daily sheets. For example, having a message alert to let teachers know if a parent has messaged them.

Response from LifeCubby

Thank you Erika for your review of LifeCubby.
The APP does alert you when there is a new message from a parent with a purple explanation point. On the web too on the daily sheets tab or on the director's dashboard.
Software has to be updated in order to work properly. Operating systems on mobile devices are always getting updated, so the app develeopers have to modify their apps to fit the new OS. Just how it works. Call if you have questions. 614-423-7815.

Loralie W.
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Child Care Friendly

Reviewed on 2019/12/10

Overall, we have loved using LifeCubby. There are always things that we are learning and the updates continue to meet our needs. We're excited for the future upgrade that looks like it will take LC to a whole new level.

Pros

We love the ease of communicating and connecting with our clients via LifeCubby. It's easy for parents and teachers to use and keeps all of our information in one spot.

Cons

The price difference between tiers can be daunting. There are some changes that cannot be made once information is entered.

Response from LifeCubby

Thank you Loralie for your review of LifeCubby!

Elisabeth B.
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Needs Updating

Reviewed on 2020/09/02

Being able to communicate with the parents during the day is huge! Especially since the pandemic started because we don't get to have that face-to-face relationship anymore. Helping them know what is going on in their infant's day is the biggest reason I love LifeCubby.

Pros

I love that using LifeCubby I can communicate with the parents of the infants I care for all day long. I love that they can see everything their child is doing and I can help capture those milestones so that they don't miss out on them.

Cons

I think the whole system needs updated. The icons are out of date. It could look more modern and sleeker. I wish there were ways to customize different aspects: add different foods to the menu so we don't have to type them in all the time.

Amber S.

I have used it for 2 years as a parent and recently as a teacher.

Reviewed on 2018/02/01

Pros

I like that you can send it directly to parents in real time. I also like that the parents can leave comments. I like that I can upload pictures of the day to the parents also.

Cons

I wish you could upload more pictures at once, also to be able to print pictures and entries like a diary to keep from that year. I also wish the goals and objectives were more detailed

Response from LifeCubby

Thank you Amber for your review of LifeCubby.
You can print out the observations from the website. There is a PDF button in the upper right hand corner of the observation. As for goals and objectives, there is a section called "Custom Tags". This allows the LifeCubby user to customize LC to fit their program needs. Many schools use Custom Tags for QRIS standards, Accreditation standards, state standards, or to match a curriculum they are using. If you have any questions, please contact the office and we would be happy to walk your administrator on how to set custom tags for your program. 614-423-7815 or [email protected]

Jenn S.

Life Cubby

Reviewed on 2016/10/20

We have LifeCubby for our center and have a great experience with it! While it took a while to get used to (moving from paper documents to all tech) we are able to communicate easier with parents and have a real time tracker for our kiddos. Customer Support has by far been the best with quick turn around time when I have had questions and extremely friendly. We are very happy with LifeCubby!

Pros

User Friendly
App or Computer use
Messaging parents
Easy input
Great customer service

Cons

Unable to see full length of typing in "Today We" section or messaging on the. Scrolling through is difficult
Cannot backdate times (for instance if we forgot to put in that we went outside at 10, we are unable to log it if it is past the time)

Response from LifeCubby

Thank you Jenn for your review of LifeCubby!

Sue S.

Love It and so do our parents!

Reviewed on 2017/04/04

Our parents love life cubby and so do we. The only thing I would say is that when a teacher leaves and a new teacher comes in the name when signing at the end of the day is always the previous teacher even after the old teacher is archived and the new teacher is logged in. Please let me know how we can fix this if possible.

Pros

easy to use
lines up with NAEYC
parents can communicate with teachers and vice versa

Cons

We cannot seem to get the old teacher's name off of the signed part of the page even after she is archived and a new teacher is logged in. We have called about it before but no one could figure out the problem and thought it was a glitch that needed to be worked on?

Response from LifeCubby

Thank you for your review of LifeCubby. Please call the office and we will look into the teacher who is appearing on your APP. 614-423-7815.

Melissa K.

LifeCubby Review

Reviewed on 2016/10/18

Our Daycare Center has been using lifecubby for over 3 years now and we absolutely love it. It is a great tool to use in aiding communication with parents, posting information for our whole center to see. We really like using the daily sheets and the assessment tools that are included in the software program. The ease of use for our teachers makes this a worthwhile addition to our Daycare Center

Pros

The ease of use, communication tools, being able to provide all the information to our parents using the app. Our information about the center is at the customers fingertips

Cons

There are applications that aren't ready yet and our parents are confused and upset with us that we are not uploading information

Response from LifeCubby

Hi Melissa!
Thank you for your review of LifeCubby!

Erica C.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Life Cubby from a Mom's View

Reviewed on 2020/08/31

Pros

I really enjoy the fact that I can get up to date information on how my children's day is going. It allows me to easily communicate with the staff at the daycare and for them to communicate with me. I have a 1 and 3 year old and they aren't always able to accurately tell me about the day's events so it's helpful for me to be able to reinforce things they're learning at school or help correct a concerning behavior.

Cons

I'm a parent that likes to have lots of photos of my kiddos and it's great that the daycare is able to share those through observations. However, I have a hard time getting the photos to save to my personal phone. I have also had some trouble with the notifications from the app, especially concerning the messaging portion between the teachers and me.

Sabrina G.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

LifeCubbyFamily

Reviewed on 2021/01/11

Pros

My daycare uses this app and it is absolutely wonderful. I’m able to keep up with my boys throughout the day without worrying about how they are because I can see each and every part of their day with ease.

Cons

It could be a little more streamlined. The interface is a little clunky and looks dated.

Response from LifeCubby

Thanks for your feedback, Sabrina!

Brittney S.
  • Industry: Government Administration
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Good to see what's going on during the day, still has some bugs though.

Reviewed on 2020/09/08

Pros

I like getting pictures and updates about my child during the day while I'm at work and lifecubby makes that a little

Cons

It is a little clunky to navigate at times, and I would have liked to be able to add people to my profile so that my child's dad or grandmother are able to log in under their email and with Limited permissions without having to create a whole account and able to manage my child. For example, if I could add my mother-in-law to the account I would only choose for her to see the daily observations so that she could see the photos and videos of my child throughout the day.

Also, was not a fan of it automatically "checking out" My child when the teacher's tablet died, caused some panic the first time it happened as neither my husband or I had pucker her up.

Cassandra S.
  • Industry: Alternative Medicine

Life cubby review

Reviewed on 2019/12/10

Its an great program but had a few bugs that need to be worked out.

Pros

The pros are that we are able to keep families informed about their child’s day. We are able to document incidents and daily events

Cons

Run slowly sometimes and sometimes can’t see child’s name and when you type in information the letters are white and that makes it hard to see what you’re typing.

Response from LifeCubby

Thank you for your review of LifeCubby Cassandra. Are you using an iOS device with dark mode on? If yes, change it to light. We will push and update in the new year that will allow you to have your device in dark mode that will not affect the LifeCubby apps. If you have any questions, please call the office at 614-423-7815.

Stephanie B.
  • Industry: Computer Hardware
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Use as a parent

Reviewed on 2020/08/28

Pros

I have children in two different daycares that use two different softwares. I like that LifeCubby lets me see how my child is doing as the day progresses. A competing software only lets me see how the day went after the child is checked out for the day. I like that I can send messages to the teacher and that I can see all relevant information at a glance.

Cons

It does not notify me for certain things like bring in diapers/wipes/spare clothes. My child’s teacher does not check out the kids at the end of the day so I don’t get the summary email. I have to manually check the app. Messages from the teacher look really poorly formatted on my iPhone. My husband has an Android phone and his lifecubby app shows the messages from the teachers properly.

Sarah P.

Overall we have been pleased with the software. It took our parent engagement to a whole new...

Reviewed on 2018/01/11

Pros

The ease of parent communication! The best though as a center director who requires teachers to complete a certain number of child observations each week, it was much easier to track both the quantity and quality of these observations, which made it easier to coach those with issues.

Cons

The server has had some glitches in the past. The worst was the day prior to our accreditation visit, but Life Cubby worked tirelessly and all our data was available to the assessor on the day of the visit. It also doesn't "talk" to other software which would be convenient.

Response from LifeCubby

Thank you for your review of LifeCubby Sarah!