LifeCubby

4,2 (2 729)
Child care management & parent engagement platform

(2 729)

Kamrul K.
  • Industry: Banking
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Reliable & User-friendly

Reviewed on 2021/07/17

I am impressed with the service and i will give them five stars. I highly recommended to anyone who are tensed about their children.

Pros

If you are tensed for your children in the daycare centre then i can say that there is nothing to worry about if you have LifeChubby software. We are using it for many years and we can ensure you that it is best for you because of its excellent features. Easy to interact with parrents as well as you can monitor your children wherever you are.

Cons

I didn’t find any negative things but it would be better if it more quick after last update. Because i found it slower after the last update.

Response from LifeCubby

Thank you Kamrul for your review of LifeCubby!

Valentina W.

This App has been a lifesaver during the pandemic!

Reviewed on 2020/08/28

Bumpy, but worth it. I was apprehensive, but desperate, for an app to communicate with parents and allow them to pay online. As a small school, the fees associated with most payment platforms where far more than we could absorb. LifeCubby has provided an affordable way to meet this need. I must also mention that every single time I had a question, even if it was multiple times a day, the customer service at LifeCubby has been quick, kind, personable, and knowledgeable.

Pros

This app has allowed staff to work from home (namely our tuition assistant). It has also made all of the initial work of entering student information worth it as communication while we were closed has remained consistent and clear. As we learn more about the various features offered, we are excited to start implementing more at our school.

Cons

The first several months of use, we found this program to be very slow and not necessarily intuitive in use. It is also a very manual process up front, particularly as we are constantly adding and removing students at the start of new terms.

EZCare, HiMama and Sandbox ChildCare Management

Reasons for Switching to LifeCubby

Ultimately, we had to go with the most affordable option. LifeCubby was also running a promotion with Discount School Supply, so it was an easy choice for us. I do think that other platforms and app are maybe a little more user-friendly than LifeCubby. But overall, I would and am sticking with LifeCubby.
Nyembesi M.

Great Software

Reviewed on 2022/05/19

This software is my favorite so far.I can recommend it to parents because of its efficiency.

Pros

This software is good for communication purposes.It helps track daily activities of my children.It really a good product.Very user friendly.It offers good assistance when u need .help

Cons

If u get connection failure u can't recover a video.Chat functionality needs improvements.At times notification does not go away making it difficult to view new notification.and confusion.

Maureen P.
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Needs Improvement

Reviewed on 2021/05/10

Lifecubby has been difficult to adjust to. Many processess seem to be of an antiquated programming design that could be re-written to be more efficient. I am very satisfied however with the customer service as well as the vine assessments, the ability to isntantly attach observations to them, the ease of lesson planning (even though I would prefer the teacher to be able to publish their own), the instant messaging feature and the price.

Pros

The most appealing part of the software are the vine assessments and the instant messaging between parents and teachers . If it weren't for that I don't think would continue to use Lifecubby.

Cons

I don't like the process of approving things. For instance, when approving observations I find it redundant and time consuming. It seems ridiculous to have to click on observations, click publish, click Dashboard and click observations again. It would be so much better if while in the observation tab we could see them all at once and publish all at once. It would save time and I wouldn't have 30 new tabs that now need to be closed

Response from LifeCubby

Thank you Maureen for your feedback and reivew. We have very few programs that use the pre-screen feature. I will see if approving observations as a group is something that can be developed.
As for lesson planning, teachers can publish their lesson plans. There is a save and publish function on the classroom log ins. Let me know if you have other questions.

Nolan W.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

A great way for teachers to communicate with parents

Reviewed on 2022/03/08

My overall experience with LifeCubby has been very positive. It is always nice to hear how my children are doing at school.

Pros

What I like most about LifeCubby (and that is "like" and not "liked"; I am still a user) is that it does keep me constantly updated to how my son does in school. From direct messages from the teachers to reminders and calendar notifications, it is very helpful app.

Cons

This is less of a problem and more of a suggestion but my biggest issue with the software is that it is constant. I like that I know what my son is doing in school but this software is always emailing and texting you. If you like that, this is not a concern or problem.

Natalie D.

Adequate

Reviewed on 2021/01/07

Mediocre.

Pros

I liked the option for parents to pay online/ view thier own statements. I also like the minimal things we were able to make paperless.

Cons

I disliked that there are very few ways to organize the data the way we needed it to be arranged. There were a lot of reports that we never used, or had to manipulate to mostly fit what we needed. I loathed that there was not a way to build a report the way we needed it to be built.

Procare Solutions

Reasons for Switching to LifeCubby

It seemed to have the biggest potential to be built into what we needed, but so far that has not happened.

Response from LifeCubby

Thank you for your review of LifeCubby Natalie.

Andrew M.

Lifecubby Review

Reviewed on 2020/09/03

Pros

It is really nice and easy to communicate with the families

Cons

I don't like how billing can only be done by child and not by family. Parents don't like having to make 2 different payments each week. There has been alot of mess ups on getting payments from transax over to lifecubby that has made my job very difficult at times.

Response from LifeCubby

Thank you for your review of LifeCubby.

Tinotenda K.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

An awesome app for Daycare

Reviewed on 2022/05/11

My overall experience with LifeCubby is awesome and being able to comment and interact on the app is great. The response is also excellent. The daily updates are also perfect.

Pros

The best thing l like about LifeCubby is that l get daily updates on whats going on. Its almost as though l am actually there with my little brother. Everything that goes on is posted.

Cons

I did not like having to click on certain stuff on the app and not being able to see what l wanted to see.

• Used Monthly for 1+ year

Useness of LifeCubby

Reviewed on 2022/05/31

Overall experience is excellent.

Pros

The most important thing is both online and offline school management is good here.

Cons

The least about this software is that the assessment Management need to be better off.

Muhammad H.
  • Industry: Computer Networking

Personal Review

Reviewed on 2022/06/17

Pros

This software is beneficial in growing your business.

Cons

For new users, it is very difficult to use it.

Kathy Y.

LifeCubby

Reviewed on 2021/01/12

LifeCubby is a great basic software, but there is a LOT of room for improvement so that schools like mine don't have to use multiple systems and softwares.

Pros

I like that the parents get an app to access their child's daily reports. Saves on paper!

Cons

I don't like that they haven't been able to update the software easily to adapt to the pandemic rules. Since it is common place now to have to ask the covid questions, it should of been added immediately so that we could enter it on the children's daily reports. The fact that they cannot add a space for us to include questions becomes EXTREMELY time consuming on our side. I don't like that we can't customize our attendance reports so that we can easily print them for our state reimbursements monthly. We have to add a bunch of data after we print the basic report.

EZCare and brightwheel

Reasons for Choosing LifeCubby

We liked the fact that parents could access the app and we could do away with daily reports. However that has caused us more issues on the administrative side having to do more work, that we were previously able to just enter in to EZ Care2

EZCare

Reasons for Switching to LifeCubby

For the parent feature. However we still have to use ChildPlus and EZ Care to help with the administrative side.

Response from LifeCubby

Kathy, thanks for your feedback and review.

Annette B.

We have been using LifeCubby in our center for about 6 years and it has proven to be an asset...

Reviewed on 2018/02/09

Pros

The teachers don't have to use paper anymore for daily sheets, portfolios or attendance. Parents like that we're a techy center. I can use the Director's Dashboard from my computer in the office to see how many students and teachers are checked-in throughout my building which is really helpful since we have a large center. I also get an email notifying me if there's a message. The eBlast system is also really useful, it has all the exposure notices built-in for letting the parents know whenever there's a diagnosed case of something in the building. Now that LifeCubby has the Tuition Tracking, it's nice that I don't have to manage our roster in 2 different softwares. I was very happy to stop using Procare it's such an outdated system. We also use Frog Street curriculum, and the Lesson Plans are built-in for us so that's a huge time-saver on the teachers they don't have to type them in. They can make changes to the Lesson Plans, though, so that's also good since we customize the Lesson Plans. We also use the Vine Assessments, which are from LifeCubby, although some of the teachers actually prefer the booklets, so it's nice that they have the booklets also. Even with all that, the best part of LifeCubby is still the photos. That's what the parents really like, and it helps them see that their child is learning. I always talk about LifeCubby whenever a tour a new family at our center, and it seems to help with their enrollment decision. Plus, we keep a monitor in our lobby with Photoroll going all day long it shows the most recent pictures from the classrooms. The parents really like that.

Cons

The reports need work. I wish LifeCubby had more reports, and some of the ones that they have really need improvement. The reports don't all work the same, and it seems that some of the reports follow different style guides. They keep coming out with more reports, so I'm hoping that some of the ones that I use to get from Procare are out soon. Also there needs to be a way to generate balance-due automatic emails to just the families who are behind but they don't have that yet. Also, not all the functions of the Classroom App are available on the web, so that makes it hard when you need to edit something and you have to get out a tablet to do it. I wish parents could do a finger-signature on the tablet like to sign an Incident Report. The user interface on the web and the user interface on the apps are completely different. The icons are different, even the colors are different. It would be good if they updated the web to match the apps.

Response from LifeCubby

Thank you Annette for your review of LifeCubby!

Sarah W.

Our school and parents appreciate the communication LifeCubby brings

Reviewed on 2016/12/06

We have been using LifeCubby for a number of years now. While there are other similar options that are available to preschools, we plan on maintaining our subscription with LifeCubby. Parents, especially of our youngest children, comment on how much they enjoy being able to see a snapshot of their child's day. Some of our classrooms use the daily sheet function, some teachers use a function to remind parents they are low on supplies like diapers, and all classrooms use the observation function. When our school had lost power, I as the director, was able to send out an email to all families from my phone that our school phone lines were down. In the past, we used the assessment tools, but this year moved away from that option. The assessments offered were many, but did not align completely to the Illinois Early Learning Standards or the Illinois Early Learning and Development Guidelines. Our NAC (national) and ExceleRate (state) accreditation programs ask us to align with those standards, so we have switched what we do. A handful of our parents have had a hard time using the app, and it seems there are frequent updates and changes. I assume that is normal for technology that is so widespread. Any time we have had trouble, we have been contacted back with assistance the same day. Once in a while I have had trouble on the admin side of things, but small issues, like classrooms being out of order on my admin list, or not being able to remove a child from our withdrawn/unassigned list. One teacher issue is being confused about how to log children in their own room, but it is not all the time or could be teacher error (like checking in a child, but it checks them into the wrong room). Overall, our experience is positive!

Pros

Wide variety of options for use, great communication tool, picture/observation tool is great

Cons

Details of use change frequently with updates, need to re-upload app after updates (in the past)

Response from LifeCubby

Thank you Sarah for your review of LifeCubby!

Denisy D.

I think that the features are not developed to maximum potential. The app is not developed...

Reviewed on 2017/08/01

Pros

I like the concept of LifeCubby of having the daily sheets and pictures of the activities. when it works properly it is a good tool to have. also, I love the email blast. It is a good tool that helps improve communication with parents.

Cons

I think that is still room for improvement such as developing a more efficient app that communicates with the computer version of it. On the app, after the last update, it is slower and it takes a long time to input information; for example, if we are log in diaper changes, we have to click in boxes every time information is logged in, instead of just clicking on a child.
As well as the ability to upload pictures is very limited. The whole concept is that we can share pictures of the child with their families and 4 or 6 does not make the cut as the classrooms have more than 4 - 6 children.
Also, when I tried to remove/withdraw a child from the LifeCubby it goes to the pending status instead of being removed. The archive feature does not really archives them and instead it sends them to a pending status.
Along with that when I am trying to withdraw a child, even after I managed to really archive a child, there is no feature to disconnect the parent from LifeCubby. Parents still connected with the center after many years.

Response from LifeCubby

Thank you for your review of LifeCubby Denisy.
Please call the office at 614-423-7815 and we would be happy to help you with the removal of the child in question.
As for any challenges you may have with the APP, please make sure that your APPS and operating software for your tablet are up to date.
If you continue to have challenges, please call the office.

Alyssa S.
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

GK LifeCubby

Reviewed on 2020/08/28

Overall I have really enjoyed our experience with LifeCubby over the last few years. It has made my job so much easier and has been a great selling point when we are trying to enroll families. It really appeals to them to be able to get updates about their child's day when they can't be with them. Since the pandemic started we have relied heavily on LifeCubby as the main form of communication between the teachers and parents. Because of our Covid protocols parents aren't able to go back to the classrooms at this time so it has been very helpful to have LifeCubby to communicate with them on a daily basis.

Pros

There are so many different features in LifeCubby that I find very useful. For our purposes LifeCubby is used as a communication tool to keep in contact with our families throughout the day when they can't be with their children. Because of that, the features that we find most useful are the different details about the child's day that we can enter such as, when they get clocked in and out for the day, the daily sheets, messages/E-Blasts, Observations and the reports.

Cons

Generally, I really enjoy this software. There are glitches from time to time but my concerns are always addressed right away. Not only are they quick to respond, but they are patient and friendly. I never feel like I am bothering them with my questions.

Lisa D.

Love it but could use some tweaks.

Reviewed on 2016/12/06

As a teacher imputting the information you make it difficult by making me have to stop to type out the name of the formula. It would be so much easier, convenient and practical if like in the admins area we could add and edit a list of formulas used in the room both in the bottle section as well as in the drink sections of breakfast, snack, and lunch.

When using and imputting NAEYC accredidation it would help to have a jump screen where you could jump to section 1-9 instead of having to scroll down and search for the needed section. Also it would be a lot more help if we could check off when we completed that item instead of it automatically checking off just because we put one item in it. Ability to place photos in a collage when placing multiple photos in one part of NAEYC.

Stop making infant room the default no matter which room is signed in.

Ability to connect the observations to the lesson plans or to know when that observarion has already been tied to a lesson plan.

Having some ability to know if a parent has signed in and seen a message without having responded back. (Possibly like a read receipt to see that a message has been received and when a parent has opened it).

Instead of the little blue button on the child's picture having a pop up box that shows when a parent has responded back.

Have parent comments stay attatched to daily sheets and such when we up load them to NAEYC accreditation.

Ability to mark when a child has been breastfed by their mom with maybe a note section for marking whether they ate well or not.

In the check-in and out section allow them to choose the classroom so that even though a parent my be in the infant room checking in their infant they can also check in their three year old IN THEIR CLASSROOM without the teachers having to track kids to their actual room.

Pros

Most of its ease and convenience.

Cons

A few parts of the inconvenince (see tirade on last page)

Response from LifeCubby

Thank you Lisa for your review of LifeCubby! We appreciate your feedback and will pass this on to the development team.

Robbin S.
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Challenges need addressing

Reviewed on 2020/09/02

It was difficult to lear initially and I still feel like we’re trying to figure things out. Overall it’s been worth it to bundle everything through LifeCubby. I just wish it were easier to use from the Admin side.

Pros

All encompassing. Easy to interact with parents. It bundled many of the individual things we were doing and paying for and streamlined them.

Cons

Backend payment features could be streamlined more. You can’t change the tuition posting date. If you set up alerts for a classroom and you are using the app (not a computer) the system gets overloaded and freezes. Many features are inaccessible when using the app. Specifically, teachers can’t do developmental assessments on their tablets, in their classrooms. You can’t update a child’s daily sheet when that child is logged as outside or in another classroom. So if a child eats lunch outside or goes potty during outside time, it cannot be logged until the class returns. This is especially difficult now that most of our childcare is happening outside. I thought I would be able to schedule employees (like post a schedule) with LC but that’s not possible.

HiMama and brightwheel

Reasons for Switching to LifeCubby

The discount school supply vouchers. And it had more of what we were looking for without extra stuff we didn’t want.
Stephanie N.

Speaking from Childcare Software Expert

Reviewed on 2021/05/04

Overall I think our company has been pretty happy with LifeCubby. Mainly because of how "easy to use" it seems to be for all users. It also doesn't often go under repair, or seem to be out of commission. Which is super helpful for the business and families.

Pros

It has been super easy to train staff to use this software, as well as getting new parents used to using it. From the admin standpoint, navigating around the software, like adding new kids or staff is really easy. So if it's someone's first experience with Childcare Software, this is a super easy one to learn how to.

Cons

I've used other childcare software programs, at least three others, and I've found that LifeCubby has the least about of features that I am used to. Sure the main ones that everyone wants is there and available, but the "extras" seem to be slim on this program specifically.

Response from LifeCubby

Thank you Stephanie for your review of LifeCubby. Please feel free to email or call us with "extras" that you are looking for. [email protected] or 614-423-7815

Denise P.

Life Cubby has made my life much easier!

Reviewed on 2021/01/13

We love Life Cubby! The technical support is amazing. Every time I have called with a question [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has answered my phone call right away and she always knows how to help me. I've received nothing but positive feedback from families also. I'm very thankful I decided to switch to Life Cubby!

Pros

The onboarding process was so easy since Life Cubby set up all the information and accounts for us. Adding new students is a breeze. The reports are very helpful and I love how easy it is for my teachers to communicate with families through pictures, videos, and messages. My favorite part about the system though is how it ties together lesson planning, observations and assessments. This has saved a lot of time for my teachers.

Cons

The system took a little bit to get used to. However, I think it was due to the fact that I was used to another software and Life Cubby being so different...in a good way!

Emily J.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

LifeCubby Review

Reviewed on 2021/01/14

Families like it. It's easy for teachers to use.

Pros

We use LifeCubby to communicate daily reports of our Infants and Toddlers. This platform allows families to get a real time report of what their children are doing (eating, sleeping, diaper changes). This platform also provides teachers the opportunities to engage families with adding photos of the children in the classrooms. This platform helps provide effective 2 way communication during these difficult times of COVID.

Cons

If it were able to be linked to a research based child assessment tool, like Teaching STrategies Gold or collaborated with developmental screening tools like the Ages and Stages or Brigance, to give programs a one stop shop.

Cindy H.

LifeCubby saves time

Reviewed on 2021/01/19

Overall, it is has been helpful for tuition collection and attendance.
With more reports and the ability to post pictures from our tablets, it would be great.

Pros

Tuition collection and attendance records.

Cons

Our tablets are unable to transfer pictures to LifeCubby. One of the main reasons to purchase this software.
More reports and extracts of data are needed.

Procare Solutions

Reasons for Choosing LifeCubby

We wanted better online access and more reports

EZCare

The price was right.

Response from LifeCubby

Thank you Cindy for your review of LifeCubby.

Courtney K.

Great Program

Reviewed on 2020/09/03

Costumer service is wonderful and very responsive. The program does what we want it to do. I wish pricing was a little more friendly as that is a reason we are looking at other programs.

Pros

I love the ease of communicating with families. They can see all the information and communicate with staff when they get time, or staff can ask questions throughout the day.

Cons

I wish there were more features on the admin side. More direct access to times all in one place for each child instead of having to pull a report. I wish the billing feature was easy to navigate as we have schedules that change on a weekly basis. I would also like to implement the food program feature but seems not as user friendly so we have just been doing it all on paper.

brightwheel and HiMama

Reasons for Switching to LifeCubby

We signed up with HiMama and went back to LifeCubby shortly afterwards as the price was to high and the features were not as user friendly.
Jill W.

Lice Cubby in Real Life

Reviewed on 2021/01/12

Families can print their own paperwork for taxes which saves us so much time. If they do need help printing it, it is much easier now than with other software we have used. There are a lot of features that we don't use yet but are looking forward to using in the future.

Pros

I love that parents have access to their accounts/balance at any time. It is also nice that administration can check accounts when our finance specialists isn't here so we can help families in the moment instead of having to wait until she is in. The video training is really helpful and makes it user friendly. Anytime we have called for assistance, the reps have been extremely friendly and helpful.

Cons

It would be really helpful if families could make payments using the app on their phone.

Response from LifeCubby

Thank you so much for your review, Jill!

Mauree D.

My thoughts about Life Cubby

Reviewed on 2019/12/10

i love to communicate with my families and sometime I leave for the day with out seeing the parents bc they work late . When the parents get home they can sit with their child and show them an observation from the day and the child can share what they did do instead of them saying nothing, They have a picture in front of them and a conversation can spark.. So this is just an added extra for the parents to be a part of the children's day and having them see how much and what their child learns each day.

Pros

I like using LC bc it helps keeps the parents informed on our daily activities. As I post the observations I always get feed back from the Parents on how much they love the pictures and they even share them with Grandparents as well..

Cons

It would be nice if there was an easier "quicker way" to post pictures as well as maybe being able to send more than six pictures at a time I have a class of 8 as much as 12 in a day and I just like to send one complete observation with a picture of each instead of posting another observation

Response from LifeCubby

Hi Mauree and thank you for your review of LifeCubby!
There is a quick post option where you can just share the picture and you do not need to type anything in the observation. In the new release in 2020, there will not be a limit on the number of pictures! Please call the office if you need more assistance! 614-423-7815

Elisha F.

Lifecubby is an essential part of connecting teachers to families and families to their child!

Reviewed on 2016/10/18

Our staff utilize Lifecubby is vital at our organization for connecting and involving families in their child's planning learning and development.Teachers love Lifecubby because it's easy to link observations with the developmental goals. We also use LifeCubby as a selling point during the enrollment process and parents are very impressed! They love being able to access photos and observations throughout the day as opposed to waiting until pick up time for child updates. As an Administrator , I love LifeCubby because I can customize it so that it fits our program. It definitely helps our center stand out above the rest, in this very competitive business!

Pros

Ilike that it'a easy to use and that most of the questions I have as far as navigation are answered with in the help FAQs

Cons

Sometimes the program has changed or features have been added without a warning. Therefor I often have staff come to me with questions about navigation that I may not have the answer to right away. also, the phone app seems very difficult for staff to use because it doesn't alsways work.

Response from LifeCubby

Hi Elisha!
Thank you for your review of LifeCubby. If the APP does not seem to be working, make sure they have the most recent version of the app and the most recent version of the operating system of the device they are using.
If you are still having challenges, please call the office at 614-423-7815 and we would be happy to troubleshoot.