LifeCubby Reviews

LifeCubby

Child care management & parent engagement platform

4.3/5 (1417 reviews)
Annette B.

We have been using LifeCubby in our center for about 6 years and it has proven to be an asset to us.

Reviewed on 2018/02/09

Pros

The teachers don't have to use paper anymore for daily sheets, portfolios or attendance. Parents like that we're a techy center. I can use the Director's Dashboard from my computer in the office to see how many students and teachers are checked-in throughout my building which is really helpful since we have a large center. I also get an email notifying me if there's a message. The eBlast system is also really useful, it has all the exposure notices built-in for letting the parents know whenever there's a diagnosed case of something in the building. Now that LifeCubby has the Tuition Tracking, it's nice that I don't have to manage our roster in 2 different softwares. I was very happy to stop using Procare it's such an outdated system. We also use Frog Street curriculum, and the Lesson Plans are built-in for us so that's a huge time-saver on the teachers they don't have to type them in. They can make changes to the Lesson Plans, though, so that's also good since we customize the Lesson Plans. We also use the Vine Assessments, which are from LifeCubby, although some of the teachers actually prefer the booklets, so it's nice that they have the booklets also. Even with all that, the best part of LifeCubby is still the photos. That's what the parents really like, and it helps them see that their child is learning. I always talk about LifeCubby whenever a tour a new family at our center, and it seems to help with their enrollment decision. Plus, we keep a monitor in our lobby with Photoroll going all day long it shows the most recent pictures from the classrooms. The parents really like that.

Cons

The reports need work. I wish LifeCubby had more reports, and some of the ones that they have really need improvement. The reports don't all work the same, and it seems that some of the reports follow different style guides. They keep coming out with more reports, so I'm hoping that some of the ones that I use to get from Procare are out soon. Also there needs to be a way to generate balance-due automatic emails to just the families who are behind but they don't have that yet. Also, not all the functions of the Classroom App are available on the web, so that makes it hard when you need to edit something and you have to get out a tablet to do it. I wish parents could do a finger-signature on the tablet like to sign an Incident Report. The user interface on the web and the user interface on the apps are completely different. The icons are different, even the colors are different. It would be good if they updated the web to match the apps.

Response from LifeCubby

Thank you Annette for your review of LifeCubby!

Denisy D.

I think that the features are not developed to maximum potential. The app is not developed well.

Reviewed on 2017/08/01

Pros

I like the concept of LifeCubby of having the daily sheets and pictures of the activities. when it works properly it is a good tool to have. also, I love the email blast. It is a good tool that helps improve communication with parents.

Cons

I think that is still room for improvement such as developing a more efficient app that communicates with the computer version of it. On the app, after the last update, it is slower and it takes a long time to input information; for example, if we are log in diaper changes, we have to click in boxes every time information is logged in, instead of just clicking on a child.
As well as the ability to upload pictures is very limited. The whole concept is that we can share pictures of the child with their families and 4 or 6 does not make the cut as the classrooms have more than 4 - 6 children.
Also, when I tried to remove/withdraw a child from the LifeCubby it goes to the pending status instead of being removed. The archive feature does not really archives them and instead it sends them to a pending status.
Along with that when I am trying to withdraw a child, even after I managed to really archive a child, there is no feature to disconnect the parent from LifeCubby. Parents still connected with the center after many years.

Response from LifeCubby

Thank you for your review of LifeCubby Denisy.
Please call the office at 614-423-7815 and we would be happy to help you with the removal of the child in question.
As for any challenges you may have with the APP, please make sure that your APPS and operating software for your tablet are up to date.
If you continue to have challenges, please call the office.

Sarah W.

Our school and parents appreciate the communication LifeCubby brings

Reviewed on 2016/12/06

We have been using LifeCubby for a number of years now. While there are other similar options that are available to preschools, we plan on maintaining our subscription with LifeCubby. Parents, especially of our youngest children, comment on how much they enjoy being able to see a snapshot of their child's day. Some of our classrooms use the daily sheet function, some teachers use a function to remind parents they are low on supplies like diapers, and all classrooms use the observation function. When our school had lost power, I as the director, was able to send out an email to all families from my phone that our school phone lines were down. In the past, we used the assessment tools, but this year moved away from that option. The assessments offered were many, but did not align completely to the Illinois Early Learning Standards or the Illinois Early Learning and Development Guidelines. Our NAC (national) and ExceleRate (state) accreditation programs ask us to align with those standards, so we have switched what we do. A handful of our parents have had a hard time using the app, and it seems there are frequent updates and changes. I assume that is normal for technology that is so widespread. Any time we have had trouble, we have been contacted back with assistance the same day. Once in a while I have had trouble on the admin side of things, but small issues, like classrooms being out of order on my admin list, or not being able to remove a child from our withdrawn/unassigned list. One teacher issue is being confused about how to log children in their own room, but it is not all the time or could be teacher error (like checking in a child, but it checks them into the wrong room). Overall, our experience is positive!

Pros

Wide variety of options for use, great communication tool, picture/observation tool is great

Cons

Details of use change frequently with updates, need to re-upload app after updates (in the past)

Response from LifeCubby

Thank you Sarah for your review of LifeCubby!

Lisa D.

Love it but could use some tweaks.

Reviewed on 2016/12/06

As a teacher imputting the information you make it difficult by making me have to stop to type out the name of the formula. It would be so much easier, convenient and practical if like in the admins area we could add and edit a list of formulas used in the room both in the bottle section as well as in the drink sections of breakfast, snack, and lunch.

When using and imputting NAEYC accredidation it would help to have a jump screen where you could jump to section 1-9 instead of having to scroll down and search for the needed section. Also it would be a lot more help if we could check off when we completed that item instead of it automatically checking off just because we put one item in it. Ability to place photos in a collage when placing multiple photos in one part of NAEYC.

Stop making infant room the default no matter which room is signed in.

Ability to connect the observations to the lesson plans or to know when that observarion has already been tied to a lesson plan.

Having some ability to know if a parent has signed in and seen a message without having responded back. (Possibly like a read receipt to see that a message has been received and when a parent has opened it).

Instead of the little blue button on the child's picture having a pop up box that shows when a parent has responded back.

Have parent comments stay attatched to daily sheets and such when we up load them to NAEYC accreditation.

Ability to mark when a child has been breastfed by their mom with maybe a note section for marking whether they ate well or not.

In the check-in and out section allow them to choose the classroom so that even though a parent my be in the infant room checking in their infant they can also check in their three year old IN THEIR CLASSROOM without the teachers having to track kids to their actual room.

Pros

Most of its ease and convenience.

Cons

A few parts of the inconvenince (see tirade on last page)

Response from LifeCubby

Thank you Lisa for your review of LifeCubby! We appreciate your feedback and will pass this on to the development team.

Elisha F.

Lifecubby is an essential part of connecting teachers to families and families to their child!

Reviewed on 2016/10/18

Our staff utilize Lifecubby is vital at our organization for connecting and involving families in their child's planning learning and development.Teachers love Lifecubby because it's easy to link observations with the developmental goals. We also use LifeCubby as a selling point during the enrollment process and parents are very impressed! They love being able to access photos and observations throughout the day as opposed to waiting until pick up time for child updates. As an Administrator , I love LifeCubby because I can customize it so that it fits our program. It definitely helps our center stand out above the rest, in this very competitive business!

Pros

Ilike that it'a easy to use and that most of the questions I have as far as navigation are answered with in the help FAQs

Cons

Sometimes the program has changed or features have been added without a warning. Therefor I often have staff come to me with questions about navigation that I may not have the answer to right away. also, the phone app seems very difficult for staff to use because it doesn't alsways work.

Response from LifeCubby

Hi Elisha!
Thank you for your review of LifeCubby. If the APP does not seem to be working, make sure they have the most recent version of the app and the most recent version of the operating system of the device they are using.
If you are still having challenges, please call the office at 614-423-7815 and we would be happy to troubleshoot.

Tiffany B.

LifeCubby makes my job easier!

Reviewed on 2019/04/12

I always recommend Lifecubby on social media when peers ask for recommendations. I have met the owner of LifeCubby several times and love her commitment and availability to her customers. I've had a great experience overall!

Pros

As an owner of 2 early care and education centers I am able to access information easily for both my locations. I have real time information accessible and also can review past data. I have one place to communicate with my staff and families, keep accurate records and enrollment data. Plus my staff can observe and assess the children easily.

Cons

I really like having a digital record that I can always have access to. I would like an area for scanning and uploading information for staff and children. An area as an administrator that I can document incidents or staff violations or licensing issues that only I as the administrator have access to. The reports are very helpful but again from the administration side data is my best friend and having more reports would assist me further.

Response from LifeCubby

Thank you Tiffany for your kind words and your review! We are getting ready in the summer to launch V3 of LifeCubby!
There will be more reporting features and some admin tools that I think you will appreciate!

Jody R.

LifeCubby helps improve communication!

Reviewed on 2016/10/26

LifeCubby has helped us with our parent communication substantially. It is fairly intuitive and my teachers quickly became comfortable using most aspects. Parents are thrilled to be receiving pictures and observations regularly, the ability to respond and ask questions in real time. I have looked at other options, and LifeCubby is a good value for the cost and continues to improve.
Whenever we have had technical questions, LifeCubby has been responsive and quickly helped us solve our problems.
Parents, teachers and administrators all benefit from LifeCubby and the ease of communication.

Pros

Intuitive, timely technical support, ability to communicate with teachers and parents effectively and quickly

Cons

Don't always receive communication about updates and how things will look different. Doesn't have spell check on observations,

Response from LifeCubby

Hi Jody!
Thank you for your review of LifeCubby!
Check your device settings for spell check options.
If you have any questions, please let us know.
614-423-7815

Sandra C.

Great Tool!

Reviewed on 2016/12/06

Life Cubby is a great tool to comunicate daily with the parents, a great way to send pictures and any information the teacher or parent might have about their child. Love it.

Pros

It's easy to use, love that I can take the pictures and send them immediately to the parents, I can do the assessment for each child, I can register daily when they sleep and eat. I have preschoolers.

Cons

What I don't like about the software is that when I want to use a lesson plan from last year I can't do it fast, I have to go back day by day until I get to the lesson plan that I need from last year. Also if there is an attachment to the lesson plan I can't get it directly from the lesson plan I have to get out of the lesson plan and go to the main menu. That is a waste of time.

Response from LifeCubby

Thank you Sandra for your review of LifeCubby. The Lesson Planning form is getting updates in 2017! Please feel free to send us suggestions to [email protected]
If you have questions, please call us at 614-423-7815.

Ramona M.

Easy to use, lots of useful features

Reviewed on 2018/05/09

Pros

Over the past few years, the software has drastically improved and is still evolving. Teachers can send messages directly to the parents and vice versa. The admin has many different ways of communicating with parents and staff. Also being able to edit incident reports as an admin is a great feature. Sometimes staff doesn't have the time to correct spelling errors, but you want to make sure it's correct before the parents see them. Previously, we had to delete them and re-write them, now, we have the option to edit them. Also, customer service is superb!! They will resolve any issue as quickly as they can. They will also take any suggestions into consideration.

Cons

Honestly, at this point in time, I cannot think for anything that I do not like. Most everything has been resolved in the past few months.

Response from LifeCubby

We appreciate your review of LifeCubby Romona!

Antoinette N.

I love using lifecubby

Reviewed on 2018/07/13

Pros

Leaving my baby once my maternity leave was over was very difficult. My daycare uses this product and i couldn't be happier. I love being able to check on him throughout the day, they send photos, update be on bottle feedings and diapers.

Cons

I do not like that I cannot update his profile picture. His face had changed alot since they took it. I also have gotten messages from the teachers when he hasn't been there and I can never find them. I have searched thru all the filters but still couldn't find them.

Response from LifeCubby

Thank you for your review of LifeCubby Antoinette.
You can change your child's profile picture either in the app or on the web. The log in credentials you are using for the app will also work on the web, where there is an HELP section. Your messages will appear as a purple explanation point on your child's profile photo. You can also click on the thought bubble under your child's profile photo to see conversations. The thought bubble will have all messaging from the school to you. Here is a video to also assist you.
Please let us know if you have any questions! 614-423-7815.

Ashley W.

I would like to see some changes with the app for the parents and also the staff within our facility

Reviewed on 2016/10/18

We love the app, we just wish that the app had more to offer and was easier to use for our staff. Some parents are also having a hard time when we message them and they are not getting a notification that we have sent them a note. I would also like to see that the parents are being notified when their is an update available for them to upgrade. We have also seen that when a child is transferred to another room that the information that is placed in the new room is not transferrable to the other room. I would also like to see an easy parent check in. This way we get all the information that is needed, but the parents are able to do this with ease. Customer service is always willing to help and if they don't have the answer, they are quick to respond with one the next day in resolving the problem.

Pros

I like that the parents are able to access this throughout the day.

Cons

I wish it was more functional, for someone that is not used to using it.

Response from LifeCubby

Hi Ashley,
Thank you for your review of LifeCubby.
There are updates for the app coming out soon! Please contact the office to go over some of your concerns listed. There is an easier parent check in, all data moves with the child and should not be "lost".
We would be happy to clarify above and any other questions. 614-423-7815

Emily G.

Way better than trying to keep up with paper!

Reviewed on 2017/04/05

LifeCubby is basically all that we do in one place: Newsletters, menus, daily sheets, incident reports, behavioral logs, assessments, photos ETC! Whenever a meeting is necessary we are able to pull reports and assessments for a specific child for the parents. One time the internet was down and we steamed their photo portal of all our observations on the log-in screen instead :). There is a youtube channel to learn more or train new employees! I recently saw new report options (such as specific incidents, which teacher posted which observations) so I am happy with that. One thing I recommend is changing the post time from "1 hour ago" to a specific time (3:00PM). I love how you can customize each teacher's login information to fit their needs. In order to make sure the kids still get proper supervision, we put a rule in place that photos can be taken throughout the day and only uploaded into an observation during nap time, since that seems to take a bit longer.

Pros

The vast amount of information available to parents and teachers. It makes the transition between teachers from opener to closer easier, as all the child's info is on the daily sheet.

Cons

It seems to crash more than we expected, even with updates. We simply uninstall/reinstall but still :)

Response from LifeCubby

Thank you for your review of LifeCubby Emily!

Nina W.

usimakes documentation faster and more effective. Improves communication / connecti with parents,;

Reviewed on 2017/08/14

Pros

Ability to document information regarding daily activities and communicate with parents., which helps parents feel more connected with their child's experience. Ability to link to NAEYC for documentation and accreditation. Ability to include Indian Foundations and use for developmental portfolios ( observations and individual goals for each child.

Cons

Unable to temporarily store information. For example, if I am entering an observation and am unable to finish, there is no way to temporarily hold that info. If I have to stop in the middle, of entering an observation or newsletter post, then I have start over. It would be helpful if there was a save feature similar to the save or save and publish feature in the observation and newsletter sections like the one in the lesson plan section.

Response from LifeCubby

Thank you Nina for your review of LifeCubby.

Alexandria M.

Teacher and Parent View of Lifecubby

Reviewed on 2016/12/06

As an educator, I use lifecubby daily. Between uploading lesson plans, emailing parents, and updating a child's activity throughout the day. With this being said, lifecubby is very easy to utilize and a great resource. The only downside I see with the app is the assessment sections. While I enjoy being able to assess my students on the app, I do not believe they are age appropriate. Likewise, I feel as though they should offer more options for answers.
On the other hand, as a parent, I also feel as though lifecubby is a very valuable tool. Before lifecubby, I would have to remember to take home a paper sheet telling me about my daughters day with very little information. Now, especially since my daughter is 5, I can listen to what she tells me about her day at school and then check on lifecubby for references on what she means was "the best book or toy in the world!" Everything I need is always right at my fingertips with lifecubby, and if I need to email the teacher for any reason while at work, I can do so easily without having to make that extra call and interrupt their day. Such a great tool on both ends!

Pros

Everything is always right at my fingertips. I can enter all of my student's information right from the app, as well as edit most of the information I enter on a daily basis. I am also able to email my daughters teachers instantly through the family app and not have to worry about interrupting their class time with a phone call.

Cons

As an educator, my only downfall with this software is not being able to input my lesson plans right from the app. I need to enter the website portion to do this. Likewise, I do not believe many of the assessment questions for my age group are age appropriate. For example, why does an 18-month-old child need to know how to jump on one foot? My 3-year-old nephew is just learning to do this!

Response from LifeCubby

Thank you for your review of LifeCubby Alexandria!
Lesson planning on the app is coming soon!

Melinda K.

Great program, but could use some improvements

Reviewed on 2016/10/18

This has been a really great program for our center. There are some concerns that we have in regards to the program though. We have some parents that pick up but they do not have an email address or a grandparent is picking up and it requires our staff to take the time to input the name of the person that is picking up verse just being able to click on the person's name. Also, if something needs edited it takes extra time for the teacher to have to log into the website to correct it or to have the administrator correct it instead of being able to just do it from the app. An example of this is if we are previously checking in a child and it is accidently marked as pm verse am then we have to log in to the website to be able to correct this. Other than that this has been a really great program.

Pros

The parents being able to receive the daily sheet via email. Also, being able to see who is all here from my office and being able to keep an eye on ratio.

Cons

If the parent does not have an email address then we can not have them listed or if a grandparent is the one who picks up often they can not be listed on there without us adding them with an email address.

Response from LifeCubby

Thank you Melinda for your LifeCubby review.
Also, thank you for your feedback. Being able to add pick up adults without email addresses is on the future development list!

Chloe S.

LifeCubby-Pre-K Experience

Reviewed on 2016/12/06

Overall LifeCubby has been a great resource for our classroom. I love the ability to communicate with parents at the touch of a finger and the observation tool is great for allowing parents to have an insight to our day and why we do what we do. The daily sheet that is compiled at the end of each child's day is great for sparking conversation at home; especially when most children say they do nothing at home. I have noted some minor flaws as well. For instance, when taking children to an activity or returning them, teachers cannot be moved with the class. There used to be a way to do this but I see it was taken away. This is an issue for use because our wifi doesn't always reach all parts of our school yard and while I'm waiting for it to reconnect, I have the system saying there are 12 children in a play yard with no teacher. I'm sure you can see how this would be problematic. Also, when linking observations as evidence, you can only select one category for the observation to fall under at a time. Most lessons/experiences aren't meant to fall under many skills and it makes it difficult/time-consuming to have to individually mark them all one at a time.

Pros

The ability to communicate with parents so easily and many at a time.

Cons

The glitches such as it shutting down or restarting when I am trying to select icons within the app.

Response from LifeCubby

Than k you for your review of LifeCubby Chloe.

Chris L.

LifeCubby has many strengths!

Reviewed on 2016/10/18

About five months ago we started using LifeCubby to both enhance our parent interaction and to make things easier on teachers. We were able to quickly move to paperless daily sheets, which is a big plus. In addition, parents are able to have a snapshot into their child's day on a real time basis. Most of our parents really appreciate the photos of their child engaging in activities and enjoying the day. In addition, it has made our portfolios much easier.

While this has been a good tool for us, there are some bugs and inconsistencies between the app and the website login. They are still working out some of these issues, but have very strong customers service and really do address issues as they come up.

Overall, I recommend this software as a tool. It has enhanced our family experience and eased some of the work our teachers need to do.

Pros

Communication with Parents, and enhanced parent experience, easier teacher portfolios, and a reduction of paperwork.

Cons

We cant really use it for accurate check in/check out counts which we had hoped to do. It's too easy to make a mistake.
Also, there are still some inconsistencies and bugs being worked out, but I am confident this is only short-term as they are diligently working on issues.

Response from LifeCubby

Hi Chris!
Thank you for taking the time to review LifeCubby!
Please contact the office and we can show you how you can use the APP for attendance and correct any errors you may have from checking kids out earlier or later than real time. Additional editing features are rolling out soon on the APP!

Erika D.

Lifecubby

Reviewed on 2019/05/17

Overall experience with lifecubby has been okay.

Pros

The most beneficial is it’s a way of staying communicated with the families.

Cons

The least beneficial is how it automatically does updates or randomly stops working completely. It’s doable but it becomes inconvenient in classroom management such as, checking children in, staying in touch with families, etc. Also, it does not let you know when a parent messages you unless you go back to daily sheets. For example, having a message alert to let teachers know if a parent has messaged them.

Response from LifeCubby

Thank you Erika for your review of LifeCubby.
The APP does alert you when there is a new message from a parent with a purple explanation point. On the web too on the daily sheets tab or on the director's dashboard.
Software has to be updated in order to work properly. Operating systems on mobile devices are always getting updated, so the app develeopers have to modify their apps to fit the new OS. Just how it works. Call if you have questions. 614-423-7815.

Lynn M.

Love the tuition tracking, checking in/out features, wish I was utilizing more features

Reviewed on 2017/07/25

tuition tracking and maintenance, lesson planning ease, communication with parents

Pros

tuition management and documentation for students (signing in/out, daily sheets, observations). I like that information gets pushed directly to parents phone. I also love the lesson planning feature and this is utilized well in our program.

Cons

I would like to use more features, especially for financial tracking, etc. but I can't figure it out on my own or with tutorials and don't want to pay the fee for personal instructor. Also, big jump in price from 30-60 cubbies, when I only use about 35

Response from LifeCubby

Thank you Lynn for your review of LifeCubby. Tuition tracker will be online soon and there is a FREE webinar on 8/9 at 1:00 EST. Here is the link: https://zoom.us/webinar/register/074db4edf4b8244e66858a512be5123a. If you cannot attend the webinar, sign up and then you will get the recorded version when it is complete.
We never charge for training. If you ever have a question, please call us at the office at 614-423-7815.

6.0/10
Ayanna T.

My life with life cubby

Reviewed on 2019/05/29

I enjoy the life cubby concept and I feel it has enhanced the child care experience. I just wish there were more cohesion between the app and the webpage. Overall it’s been such a pleasure having a new way to communicate with our families and having a way to observe our students’ progress.

Pros

I enjoy the ability to communicate live with families. It’s so helpful for new comers who may be nervous about their child’s care. It allows for us to ease them and to keep them up to date on any developments.

Cons

I feel the website is very user friendly but the app is not as much. The difference in design can make input slightly complicated. The icons are not intuitive and some features feel hidden.

Response from LifeCubby

Thank you Ayanna for your review of LifeCubby. Coming very soon this summer is V3! The website and the app will be the same!

Mary B.

Daily use during the week with lifecubby has made my work more professional

Reviewed on 2018/02/06

Keeping the parents of the children in my class informed of how their day is going.... that's priceless! Once you get used to it, Life Cubby is new and innovative. It was frustrating in the beginning trying to figure out all the great information that can be shared. Once I figured it out, I got more confident and it has become an invaluable tool for my profession.

Pros

Life Cubby allows me to be in touch with the parents of the children in my class on a daily basis. It records all activities during the day and keeps the parents informed. From clocking the children in in the morning to recording meals, naptimes and any other information that is relevant. It allows the parents to message back to us anything that they would like us to know as well as me being able to message the parents, including pictures of their children or even to inform them that they are short on diapers or spare clothes, etc. Life Cubby is easy to use and to navigate around the system. Nothing but great things from the parents too!

Response from LifeCubby

Thank you Mary for your review of LifeCubby! We are so glad that you feel LifeCubby is an invaluable tool!

Mary S.

Great for Teachers and Parents, we just love how easy it was to learn how to use LifeCubby.

Reviewed on 2017/08/07

The use of LifeCubby has removed the use of paper sheets in the classroom and reduced the need for phone calls.

Pros

The ability to send pictures to the parents. We have a lot of first time parents and this feature helps ease their minds with dropping their child off. LifeCubby is a great selling point during a tour of the building. We are a large center and LifeCubby has made our infant and Toddler teachers lives so much easier.

Cons

They only thing I would say and my teachers have said id that the app closes down on them when they are in it. They have busy times in the day and the app will close. This can slow down the process and when you have babies needing attention you do not want the process to slow down.

Response from LifeCubby

Thank you for your review of LifeCubby Mary!

Phyllis G.

AWESOME PRODUCT

Reviewed on 2016/12/07

Life Cubby is a wonderful service tool that manages communication between parents and teachers. It enables teachers to log every detail of child care and training in an easy to use touch screen format using a treasury of well organized icons under each child's picture image. Parents also have the image of their child(ren) that they tap and select from their account wherever they access the internet. They use their account to send and respond to email from the child's teacher at anytime. This level of direct access gives parents more control over events occurring with their children under the care of instructors, and gives teachers more responsive communication with parents for both recurring and non recurring needs of the child. In my opinion, Life Cubby is the wave of the future and should be in every school's wish list.

Pros

Easy to use tap and select format.

Cons

N/A

Response from LifeCubby

Thank you Phyllis for your review of LifeCubby!

Erin D.

Great parent communication tool!

Reviewed on 2016/12/06

LifeCubby has been a great addition to our program. It saves us both time and money in creating daily sheets and portfolios for our children. We no longer have to purchase reams and reams of paper and ink or spend hours hand-writing every individual daily sheet. Using LifeCubby we can batch post classroom observations or meal times to all children in the class at once. The parents absolutely LOVE the daily pictures that we put in their child's portfolio. We also love to use the "messages" function for teachers to communicate directly to the parents without having to get to a phone or leave the classroom. LifeCubby customer support is amazing! Anytime we call for help we immediately are able to speak with someone who is able to resolve the problem quickly.

Pros

Messaging function to communicate directly with parents, daily photos, batch posting to children's portfolios or daily sheets, batch email function to send emails to all parents and staff at once

Cons

Doesn't allow for hourly headcounts... yet.

Response from LifeCubby

Erin,
Thank you for your review of LifeCubby!

Juliann B.

Easy to use as paperless observation, lesson plan, assessment resource

Reviewed on 2017/08/01

Online ability to document lesson plans, assessments, and observations

Pros

I like being able to check off sometimes rather than free writing. The program offers both in assessments and observations.

Cons

The font when the lesson plan prints. It is too small. Can't change it because I don't have write access for pdfs. Sometimes i wish lesson plan was set up differently like more intuitive. It is a standard setup with a place for goals, standards and schedule which is good. Perhaps my group needs to revisit customizing template for lesson plan. I wish I could process the information like MS word program adding bullets and different fonts and things but it is fine for storing lesson plan. Just hard to read.

Response from LifeCubby

Thank you for your review of LifeCubby Juliann.