Commusoft

Write a Review!
All-in-one job management software for field service

4.8/5

Darren
Darren

Moved from V3 to V4. Migration went smooth lots more features so glad we did it

Reviewed on 2018/10/27

the best tool we have in the company is commusoft.
excellent support and system

the best tool we have in the company is commusoft.
excellent support and system

Pros

everything from customer information to appointments to invoicing to service reminders you can make each process as simple or as detailed as you require

Cons

just getting used to new layouts and features also trying to sort out past input errors seems a bit long winded

Christopher
  • Industry: Building Materials

very good software for our heating buisness

Reviewed on 2024/02/12

Pros

It takes the stress out of managing invoices, diary maintaince, job scheduling and is really easy to use.
it allows us to create customer profiles and have all the work carried out at hand easily to monitor over the years

Cons

sometimes it does not always link to our accountancy software- we have to manually rest it

Tracy
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Commusoft v3 to v4 migration

Reviewed on 2018/10/04

Commusoft is at the core of our business - the diary is at the heart of every job, every day.

Pros

Much-improved features and design compared to v3

Cons

Difficult to say, as still getting used to it - finding it hard to navigate exactly where I want to go and see exactly the information I want to see, but this may be largely down to needing more time on it.

Response from Commusoft

Hi Tracy,
We're glad to hear you're liking our new features and design of v4. With regards to learning the new system, it can take time but you have plenty of tools at your disposal within need help, webinars, and email support. Please get in touch if you need any help navigating around and out support team will be more than happy to help.

Christopher

commusoft User

Reviewed on 2024/01/02

good, i have email response which is replied back very quickly

good, i have email response which is replied back very quickly

Pros

does everything i need it to do to run ny business

Cons

not much really, sometimes i just have to remember to update the app to get thi gs back up and running

Lauren
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Would recommend to other users

Reviewed on 2024/02/01

Always prompt when needing assistance and overall a very useful and efficient programme.

Pros

Easy to navigate, no fuss and can be used across different users/job positions.

Cons

we have no complaints

Derek

Plumbers diary management

Reviewed on 2024/02/15

Pros

Commusoft is great for plumbers Diary management, service reminders

Cons

Sometimes commusoft is difficult to navigate small things like deleting items.

Ellen

Great Software

Reviewed on 2023/12/01

Overall fantastic experience, especially the help team

Overall fantastic experience, especially the help team

Pros

User friendly
Reduces admin times
Reports and functions to summarise with ease

Cons

Would be great to personalise it further to your specific needs

Danny

Great software

Reviewed on 2023/10/02

Pros

using this software makes managing multiple engineers much easier saving me time for more important tasks

Cons

there's not much to not like, its a basic software that does what i need

Zac

Great package!

Reviewed on 2024/01/23

Pros

Ease of use by all users, able to plan works and invoices easily.

Cons

Minor issues but probably down to personal preferences rather than any specific issue

Lisa

Very easy to use - keeps records up to date

Reviewed on 2023/11/09

Pros

User friendy
Stores all information in one place
Mobile use

Cons

No concerns - Used this package for many years always happy with it.

Selena

Amazing

Reviewed on 2022/10/04

Brilliant, love it

Brilliant, love it

Pros

Very easy to use, store all the info a business like ours could need, integrates with Xero and Stripe which save us lots of time, no need for any paperwork, could not live without it.

Cons

Only minor annoyances.... Doesn't seem to work well on mac (home computer) not sure if this is my computer though or if I'm doing something wrong but it has lots of buttons missing and only half a screen etc... the engineers complain about the app sometimes, the diary being on the complete wrong day, I have noticed its a lot better since it has been updated. It takes 4 clicks to print 1 invoice! You cant amend service sheets from the office, I understand why but its very annoying when they have done one mistake like not clicked rented. You cant see feedback on the diary when you hover over each job, you have to type in every job number into another tab as when you click view job from the diary you loose your dairy day so have to keep going clicking back to the diary, please let us see feedback from the diary when you hover over the event. This is one of my biggest hates about commusoft, when you open the side bar eg view diary event from the job page, if you want to close that side panel this comes up, and you have to click this to close it, really hate this. Are you sure you want to close side panel? Yes No, it would be so much better it you could just click off it like you can when you open a service cert, you can view it then click the main page and it just closes (emails do it as well, really annoying)

Michael

The best CRM for plumbing and heating engineers

Reviewed on 2021/05/13

I have used Commusoft for 8 years. Very few problems. Their support ticket system works very well. Our customers are impressed with the detailed job reports, record keeping, invoices, service reminders and automated communications. I am not the most organised person so without this I would be lost. We have records of every visit, quote, invoice and part fitted for every customer over the last 8 years. It takes time to use but it’s worth it.

Pros

Detail of record keeping such as appliance, stop cock and gas meter location.

Integrates with Xero very well for invoices, debtors etc.

Detailed reporting for sales, profit and engineer performance.

Sending service reminders and booking confirmations by SMS or email.

Let’s customer know when the engineer is on their way.

Uploading images and files to the job.

Adding and saving parts to the job.

Digital safety certificates, service/commissioning records, job reports, invoices and statements.

Engineer job questions when they arrive or leave. For example “what parts did you use, have you put a sticker on the boiler”.

Cons

It is not the quickest to use but it is continually improved so I am sure they will make it more efficient to use.

Georgina

Fantastic Software! Amazing Support!

Reviewed on 2019/08/30

Our experience with Commusoft has been first class in all aspects including the informative and comprehensive documents provided to help with the migration to the new version and the brilliant software. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Commusoft to anyone looking for a fantastic, easy to use system with plenty of functionality!

Pros

We have recently upgraded to the most recent version of Commusoft and absolutely love it! The software is very user friendly for both office staff and engineers. There is a lot more functionality within the new version which makes everything much easier and quicker. We were a bit apprehensive about making the leap to the new version however the support we have received in both the pre and post migration calls and the training calls has been absolutely fantastic and we couldn't have wished for more!

Cons

There is nothing about the new version of commusoft that we don't like and we can't wait to keep discovering all the new features and learning how to get the best from the software (all of which is provided by the amazing support team).

Luke

Fantastic Service Management Software

Reviewed on 2023/07/12

10/10

10/10

Pros

I like how easy it is to use and how quickly my team adapted to using it. Fantastic customer support.

Cons

Some options are rigid and it would be good if I could turn certain things on and off for individual customers.

Joblogic and Flobot

Reasons for Switching to Commusoft

I felt Commusoft looked most user friendly.
Karl
  • Industry: Utilities

Excellent Service, Fantastic System.

Reviewed on 2019/08/21

My overall experience with Commusoft has been very positive, the pre-migration call and post-migration call where very easy going and enjoyable, and I must admit, I was quite concerned it would be awkward, not at all, the reps are very supportive, understanding and patient, and put you at ease. Any concerns are quickly dealt with in a clear and easy to understand way.

Pros

The leap from version 3 - 4 was night and day, but it didn't take a whole lot to learn the new system as it still felt familiar, but significantly more polished.

The customisation options and the settings in the new software are it's biggest selling point compared to the old one.

I remember initially speaking to one of the reps and them saying, in the old system we are only using 5% of what Commusoft is capable of and thinking... well if there are more features... they are not readily available or are very hard to find. This is not the case in V4.

Cons

I would struggle to find anything I really dislike, If anything I would like to be able to get an event booked into the diary before putting in the information of the job, as it keeps the customers hanging on, but I am still learning the system and so there might be a way I can actually do that, which I have not yet found, it's still early days.

Daniel

Could not live without it now.

Reviewed on 2016/10/07

After using other programs and services for a long while and finding that there were mistakes and errors causing many man hours wasted this was a breath of fresh air.

Once you have set this up and used it for the first year it begins to make you money. Services that you would have once missed or jobs that you mislaid are a thing of the past. The system takes a little to get used to but the support is very good and fast to respond. There are a few features that could improve it further but it is tailor made for the industry so has great features already.

Overall a fantastic piece of software which is currently undergoing an overhaul to improve it further. Would highly recommend for a single man to a large company.

Service reminders
Job information is easy to find
Saves a lot of man hours.

Cons

Maybe a simpler to use mobile app - also some sort of small safety check form when signing off jobs
The system can be a bit slow from time to time but nothing serious.

Giovanni

MAKES MY WORLD GO ROUND!...

Reviewed on 2019/08/05

Pros

Everything is intuitive, comprehensive and well thought out! There are 'hint' bubbles that take you through various processes and little tools that make sure you get the absolute maximum from the software and ultimately, your team!

I will never consider another software company again!

Cons

I am really quite good with computers and software, and felt that I would get a lot from going through the star-up/set-up phase myself. It is mandatory to pay for the training, and this cost is incurred again if you upgrade the package etc.. But, I can completely see why they do insist, it's to ensure you get 110% form their kit ;)

Dalveer

The latest version of Commusoft has given my business and working day a breath of fresh air

Reviewed on 2017/11/14

I can run my business and be a gas engineer and electrician all from one place and enjoy doing it.

Pros

The ease of use, the functionality and endless updates with great support.
I picked Commusoft in 2014, using the older version was good, but I was looking forward to an update and when I was up and running, my work become exciting again, I am able to manage the admin side of my business so much better and I feel more in control. I would not look anywhere else as I have everything I need to be an electrician and gas engineer and run a business at the same time thanks to Commusoft.

Cons

I can't think of anything from the top of my head, the software and support so far has been great.

Elizabeth
  • Industry: Consumer Services

About Commusoft

Reviewed on 2018/11/02

Pros

I like the ease of access around the whole software; very user friendly. Very rarely do I have to contact Commusoft's helpline. Its is extremely compatible with Sage Accounts. When we were initially told our Company would be using Commusoft, my colleague and I were a little apprehensive having to learn a new system in a very busy office, however, our apprehension was soon dismissed and became almost experts in no time.

Cons

Not many cons spring to mind. If there is a glitch there is always assistance from Commusoft's helpline. I am struggling to think of any so I'll say none!

vince

Great software improving all the time

Reviewed on 2018/05/21

reduce time in office, keeps business jobs and finances in order

reduce time in office, keeps business jobs and finances in order

Pros

i like the professionalism of the software and how you can tailor it to your needs on most aspects, the fact it takes saves me in the office lots of time doing emails and reminders keeping my business running smoothly

Cons

i find some of the certs are a wee bit overcomplicated at times and the software does take a while to navigate around at times however i would state i have never really had the time to get to know this system 100% of the facilities it can offer and i would think i only use it to 60% of its full capacity

Hannah
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Migration from V3 to V4

Reviewed on 2019/03/04

I've barely touched the surface with version 4, it is much more complex than version 3, though not in a bad way. I'm looking forward to creating full supplier and parts lists, to make things more straight forward for my engineers. Once you get the hang of it, it really does streamline your business. The support from the team at Commusoft is second to none. They are extremely friendly, knowledgeable and can work with very vague descriptions of issues from people like me, who isn't sure of the correct terminology for the software.
If you're wondering whether you're brave enough to take the leap to version 4, do it!

Pros

There are so many great new features. The widgets make things easy to find. The Company and Software settings are set out clearly and again, are easy to use. The Help section has advice for anything you may have an issue with. Its very transparent, I find it easy to navigate and I'm not a very tech savvy person.

Cons

I am disappointed that the ability to merge and change customer types has been taken away. However there are alternative routes to make this less of an issue.

Response from Commusoft

Hi Hannah,

Thanks for your review - we appreciate the feedback! We're glad you're getting on well with v4.

Regarding changing customer type, you can do that from the 'Advanced options' section when editing a customer.

Should you need assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out to support.

Thanks!

Carly
  • Industry: Utilities

Commusoft Review

Reviewed on 2018/10/30

Pros

-Easy to find new features
-Always new updates and features being added
-No jobs can get missed - has a way of catching everything

Cons

-Trackers need to be improved - need to have features that RAM tracking use as this would greatly improve the service

-Sometimes we have issues with data not going over to our accounting package but the support team always get this resolved quick

Response from Commusoft

Hi Carly,
Thanks for the review - we're glad you are having a positive experience using Commusoft. With regards to our van tracking feature, this was designed to be a lightweight and affordable tracking tool that works in tandem to our core job management software. We have recently released improved driver trip reports for this and a couple of other additions. At the moment, we have no plans to expand vehicle tracking further, however, if there is a particular update you would like to see, please email us your thoughts to [email protected] and we will consider any suggestions.

Suzanne

Small business game changer

Reviewed on 2021/09/01

Pros

We have used Commusoft for over 10 years now and it has changed the way we work. Job records for all our clients helps our engineers with technical history when they are on site; helps the office team manage estimating, invoicing and reporting; which ultimately benefits our clients.

Cons

It doesn't always do what you need it to do but you have a direct route to raise issues and requests for software changes but they do not always happen quickly.

Jodie
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

Happy user

Reviewed on 2018/11/15

Although we had a few teething problems after changeover from v3 to v4 support were very quick and helpful with advice and instructions.

I would recommend commusoft, especially to small businesses which are just starting out as it is not too overwhelming.

Pros

Once you get to grips with it, it is very simple to use
The software has always been reliable
The changeover from V3 to V4 run very smoothly
Customer support are very quick and efficient

Cons

Invoices cannot be edited once sent
Addresses cannot be edited

trevor

managing your diary made easy

Reviewed on 2019/10/17

overall we are very happy with commusoft

overall we are very happy with commusoft

Pros

quick diary communication between engineers

Cons

unable to un-accept quotes if customer changes their mind after accepted

Response from Commusoft

Hello Trevor, thank you for your review and feedback!

Regarding un-accepting quotes - we want to encourage keeping an accurate historical record that the customer did accept the quote, but decided not to go ahead with the job. So in this case you would abort the job that was generated from the quote. This will ensure you have a clear history of actions.

- Client Services