Commusoft Reviews

Commusoft

All-in-one business software for field service companies

4.7/5 (101 reviews)
Chris P.

Wow!!! This is not a software update this is a supercharge of an already great system.

Reviewed on 2019/03/09

I hate writing reviews but would have felt guilty not to give credit where due with Commusoft.

The team at Commusoft and their level of service have have always been top notch! You ask - they help. Commusoft have listened to us and have developed this software accordingly to what we need - and more.
My transition to V4 was seamless and very well structured from the trial, right through to the installation and follow up support. The tutorials and online help are comprehensive.
Throughout my dealings with Commusoft, I have always felt like a valued customer and not another "number" talking to someone on the phone who doesn't care and can't wait to get you off the phone and close off the job you have asked them to help with. That make a difference and hope that will not change with the inevitable continued success of their product!!

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!! Keep up the excellent work!!

Pros

It's a fantastic piece of software that makes all aspects of running of my business so easy. I have used Commusoft for 6 years now and this latest version is even more powerful than i ever expected. Other than the improved interface on both desktop and mobile platforms the flexibility to shape this software to your own business needs is great. I particularly like the reporting function where any data reports you may want are available for you to customise and save for future use as your "own" reports. Its hard to imagine how I coped without this software using separate spreadsheets, documents, accounting and certification packages to run my business when Commusoft does it all and make it so easy. The management of jobs for yourself and employees is so easy from the initial enquiry to completion and invoicing. Maintaining your existing business with service reminders is great and the ability to have your customer details and appliance data, work history etc at your fingertips is also great, saving time and offering your customer that "personal feeling" I can talk forever about this software but won't bore you but lastly the other feature I really will benefit from on this new version is the previously monotonous task of contacting Tenants for access!! This is made so simple in Commusoft.

Cons

I've run out of space so as there are no negatives Ill continue with the Pros:
I will be adding the vehicle tracking feature to offer my customers the flexibility to see where we are in relation to their property so they can "pop out to the shop" knowing they will not risk missing us. More of a PR thing in my case I suppose but also great for slotting in an emergency job for engineers in the same area. Maybe bringing our industry "up to date"

In summary Commusoft is my best friend and can't imagine running my Plumbing and Heating business without it!!

Angela W.

An incredible learning experience the whole process has been conducted efficiently and smoothly.

Reviewed on 2017/08/22

The most important benefit is being able to relieve the Director of all the admin tasks that he has been doing up until this point. To streamline the whole procedure from taking the initial call to the job being completed and invoiced. Having all the revelvent information for every customer in one easy to access package will prove to be invaluable in the future. Information being available to all engineers quickly and easily. Completing everything in a professional and efficient manner. To be able to develop and grow the business with a more productive system in place.

Pros

The versatility of the software is incredible, it covers every aspect of what we need as a business to enable us to evolve and develop. The Xero integration is very impressive and has made the process of invoicing and payments very straightforward, even linking the customers was actually really easy. The system is overall very easy to use with help every step of the way with the help manager I usually find what I need to assist me. Having everything in one place will be very beneficial and as I progress with the system it will enable the business to achieve its full potential. The reason I wanted this software was to take as much of the admin work from the Director so that he can focus more on the job and development of the company, which this system I believe will help us achieve. I am not experienced in software packages as such, however, this software has really impressed with how easy it has been for me to grasp the basics. I am sure in time we will wonder how we ever coped without it. Everything is easily accessible and the layout and format very easy to use and pleasing to the eye. We have had a lot more estimates accepted since using the software as it gives the customers confidence in us due to the way everything is now presented to them via Commusoft. The reporting is a very useful and easy to use function, which is one of my favourite aspects of the software. Overall I am very impressed with the software and very happy I decided to go with Commusoft.

Cons

Its hard to say what I like least about the software at the moment as I havent personally come across anything negative at this point.

Ej B.

Excellent diary software

Reviewed on 2019/01/02

Overall we are really impressed with both the diary software and customer support which is fantastic, we have had to call a few times where we did not understand somtheing and the issue was explained right away and the problem solved.

Pros

We really like the option for our engineers to note the locations of the boiler, gas meter, and stopcock, this information is vital to us as we have a lot of repeat business for estate agents and often the tenants are not home and knowing the location of the boiler and gas meter really saves time for the next engineer who may not have attended the property the previous year.

Cons

One of the things we least like about using the software is the issues we sometimes have when one of our engineers says the job is complete when in fact the job has been scheduled for consecutive days which means you have to completely add a new job as you cannot add a new event on the same job. This, of course, is a user error, where the engineer has clearly misunderstood the question, the engineer does mean to say he has completed the works for that day. I think it would be great if this error could be undone without having to add a new job.

Response from Commusoft

Hi EJ,

Thank you for the review, we really appreciate it and we're glad to hear that Commusoft is saving your team time.

With regards to engineers accidentally completing jobs - we understand that will happen from time to time, so we actually do have a way to undo it and un-complete the job. Our client services team will send you more information on that! :)

Thanks!

Kerry S.

Commusoft Feedback

Reviewed on 2019/07/04

We have had a brilliant experience with Commusoft and all the staff we have come in contact with. In particular, our trainer was exceptional. Very patient and thorough when explaining processes. Nothing was too much trouble and queries were responded to promptly and in detail. The only comment we have about training is that it would have perhaps of been useful to split the training sessions to have some before we went live with the new system and then the remainder post live to go over the finer details etc.

Pros

The automated functions within the system such as service reminders and, feedback notifying customers and engineers of bookings. Having the ability to build and brand templates so we are more effective with resource and helps to reduce error giving a more professional image. The reports and costing functions are extremely useful and again will save on resource and enable us to focus our business more.

Cons

It would be useful to preview emails (e.g. service reminders) before they are sent. There have been a few items we have raised that would improve the functionality but these have been taken on board and being considered for future development.

Georgina W.

Fantastic Software! Amazing Support!

Reviewed on 2019/08/30

Our experience with Commusoft has been first class in all aspects including the informative and comprehensive documents provided to help with the migration to the new version and the brilliant software. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Commusoft to anyone looking for a fantastic, easy to use system with plenty of functionality!

Pros

We have recently upgraded to the most recent version of Commusoft and absolutely love it! The software is very user friendly for both office staff and engineers. There is a lot more functionality within the new version which makes everything much easier and quicker. We were a bit apprehensive about making the leap to the new version however the support we have received in both the pre and post migration calls and the training calls has been absolutely fantastic and we couldn't have wished for more!

Cons

There is nothing about the new version of commusoft that we don't like and we can't wait to keep discovering all the new features and learning how to get the best from the software (all of which is provided by the amazing support team).

Karen H.

Job Management Software

Reviewed on 2019/07/16

Saves us time which obviously saves money

Customer communication with regard to jobs/diaries is more up to date

Easy to use app

Great training

Pros

After extensive research into various job management software we found that a lot of software which looked good on the surface was actually only good for basic functions and once you started looking more in depth it became clear that they were built for smaller business with only a couple of staff. Commusoft was very different, yes it looks good on the surface and does the basic functions BUT more importantly it also has much more in depth and comprehensive performance in the background. It enables diaries to be updated easily and quickly with full details, it enables text/email messages to both engineers and customers. The customer intergrations from Xero worked smoothly and the link works well.

We now also use it for tracking vehicles and it has saved us money from the seperate tracking software we used to use.

With any software there are also things that we would like improved and any comments and improvements suggested are email in and the staff behind the scenes as such seem to welcome these and put them in the mix for potential updates in the future.

Cons

The next package up is more expensive BUT does allow for auto input of suppliers invoices, we would like an option of having this available for office staff without increasing the monthly price for engineers who only have app access and engineer capabilities on the app so never use some of the brilliant features of the software.

Karl T.

Excellent Service, Fantastic System.

Reviewed on 2019/08/21

My overall experience with Commusoft has been very positive, the pre-migration call and post-migration call where very easy going and enjoyable, and I must admit, I was quite concerned it would be awkward, not at all, the reps are very supportive, understanding and patient, and put you at ease. Any concerns are quickly dealt with in a clear and easy to understand way.

Pros

The leap from version 3 - 4 was night and day, but it didn't take a whole lot to learn the new system as it still felt familiar, but significantly more polished.

The customisation options and the settings in the new software are it's biggest selling point compared to the old one.

I remember initially speaking to one of the reps and them saying, in the old system we are only using 5% of what Commusoft is capable of and thinking... well if there are more features... they are not readily available or are very hard to find. This is not the case in V4.

Cons

I would struggle to find anything I really dislike, If anything I would like to be able to get an event booked into the diary before putting in the information of the job, as it keeps the customers hanging on, but I am still learning the system and so there might be a way I can actually do that, which I have not yet found, it's still early days.

Daniel B.

Could not live without it now.

Reviewed on 2016/10/07

After using other programs and services for a long while and finding that there were mistakes and errors causing many man hours wasted this was a breath of fresh air.

Once you have set this up and used it for the first year it begins to make you money. Services that you would have once missed or jobs that you mislaid are a thing of the past. The system takes a little to get used to but the support is very good and fast to respond. There are a few features that could improve it further but it is tailor made for the industry so has great features already.

Overall a fantastic piece of software which is currently undergoing an overhaul to improve it further. Would highly recommend for a single man to a large company.

Service reminders
Job information is easy to find
Saves a lot of man hours.

Cons

Maybe a simpler to use mobile app - also some sort of small safety check form when signing off jobs
The system can be a bit slow from time to time but nothing serious.

Raj K.

Commusoft helped us save time spent doing admin work, helped us manage our customers better.

Reviewed on 2018/06/05

Pros

Working with Commusoft has been a great experience from the start. The training has been fantastic and made sure we knew what we were doing. When they upgraded us to their new system although it was very different they made sure we were trained again on all the changes. The new version is a massive upgrade, so we are very happy with that.

We use most of the features everyday - setting up customers, sending service reminders, invoicing and filling in certs. We just started using the MailChimp integration which means we can send marketing emails to all our customers, which is really improving our customer service

Cons

There is so many features that it can be a bit overwhelming, but having the support available an email away means we can always get help.

Giovanni B.

MAKES MY WORLD GO ROUND!...

Reviewed on 2019/08/05

Pros

Everything is intuitive, comprehensive and well thought out! There are 'hint' bubbles that take you through various processes and little tools that make sure you get the absolute maximum from the software and ultimately, your team!

I will never consider another software company again!

Cons

I am really quite good with computers and software, and felt that I would get a lot from going through the star-up/set-up phase myself. It is mandatory to pay for the training, and this cost is incurred again if you upgrade the package etc.. But, I can completely see why they do insist, it's to ensure you get 110% form their kit ;)

Dalveer B.

The latest version of Commusoft has given my business and working day a breath of fresh air

Reviewed on 2017/11/14

I can run my business and be a gas engineer and electrician all from one place and enjoy doing it.

Pros

The ease of use, the functionality and endless updates with great support.
I picked Commusoft in 2014, using the older version was good, but I was looking forward to an update and when I was up and running, my work become exciting again, I am able to manage the admin side of my business so much better and I feel more in control. I would not look anywhere else as I have everything I need to be an electrician and gas engineer and run a business at the same time thanks to Commusoft.

Cons

I can't think of anything from the top of my head, the software and support so far has been great.

Lawrence B.

Great product, forever evolving and moving forward with our expectations

Reviewed on 2018/11/15

We have solved our struggle with annual service reminders and recording the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns. We are very happy with the product and cant see us using anything else for the foreseeable future.

Pros

The seamless continuity between the diary and job booking/logging/location recording is a great asset to our business. As a mere glance we can see what engineers are encountering issues, areen route to appointments or have completed tasks.

Cons

The inability to merge duplicate entries. Be this customers, or duplicate jobs. As with any system some human error is unavoidable. We really wish that duplicate customer records could be merged or hidden so as to avoid future confusion or conflicting data.

Sebastian H.

Never looked back

Reviewed on 2019/07/23

Back in 2014 I had a real issue convincing my business partner to leave his old fashioned paper diary behind and now 5 years later I cant believe there are still people not using Commusoft (although speaking to other Engineers on training courses I would estimate 1 in 4 use Commusoft now).

Pros

So meany features that makes life so easy - really love the online booking feature and online payment system makes life so much easier

Cons

So much to learn - unless you want to pay for training be prepared it can take months if not years to fully appreciated and utilise all of the features in Commusoft

John M.

Very powerfull app

Reviewed on 2018/11/20

We have been on board nearly 2 years now and have never looked back.Very happy with the software and service received.

Pros

We love the way Commusoft integrates with Freeagent, our accounting software. The work stream optimisation is a great feature as it makes us so much more efficient in booking jobs close together by area. The tracking feature is great enabling us to see where our engineers are at all times enabling us to be more agile for reactive work.

Cons

Not a con really, but it almost has too many features, certainly more than we will ever use as a small business,and it's sometimes difficult to keep up with the weekly new releases but as we grow I am sure it will give us better insight into how we are performing as a company and as individuals and where we could do better.

Elizabeth T.

About Commusoft

Reviewed on 2018/11/02

Pros

I like the ease of access around the whole software; very user friendly. Very rarely do I have to contact Commusoft's helpline. Its is extremely compatible with Sage Accounts. When we were initially told our Company would be using Commusoft, my colleague and I were a little apprehensive having to learn a new system in a very busy office, however, our apprehension was soon dismissed and became almost experts in no time.

Cons

Not many cons spring to mind. If there is a glitch there is always assistance from Commusoft's helpline. I am struggling to think of any so I'll say none!

James W.

Part of the team

Reviewed on 2019/08/05

Allows us to track engineers progress throughout the day, provide customers with professional estimates and allows them to be accepted online. The telephone support is very helpfully and a requirement for us but not available on the basic package.

Pros

Being able to look back over completed jobs, and see who attended what they did, how long it took.

Sending estimates, test certificates, invoices direct from one system to have all in on place

Storing photos before and after works have been completed for future records

Cons

Hard to get the required reports from the software, eg value of estimate won by which estimators

Charley M.

Invaluable in assisting with day to day tasks

Reviewed on 2019/07/22

Commusoft takes the stress and hard labour out of many office tasks, everything is in one place, making the day to day running of the office as smooth and pleasant as possible. I would highly recommend Commusoft.

Pros

simple and easy to use, have never experienced any issues and someone has always been the other end of the phone and or an email to assist with anything i have been unsure of.

Cons

I have no complaints, I look forward to discovering new features.

Vince M.

Great software improving all the time

Reviewed on 2018/05/21

reduce time in office, keeps business jobs and finances in order

Pros

i like the professionalism of the software and how you can tailor it to your needs on most aspects, the fact it takes saves me in the office lots of time doing emails and reminders keeping my business running smoothly

Cons

i find some of the certs are a wee bit overcomplicated at times and the software does take a while to navigate around at times however i would state i have never really had the time to get to know this system 100% of the facilities it can offer and i would think i only use it to 60% of its full capacity

Hannah B.

Migration from V3 to V4

Reviewed on 2019/03/04

I've barely touched the surface with version 4, it is much more complex than version 3, though not in a bad way. I'm looking forward to creating full supplier and parts lists, to make things more straight forward for my engineers. Once you get the hang of it, it really does streamline your business. The support from the team at Commusoft is second to none. They are extremely friendly, knowledgeable and can work with very vague descriptions of issues from people like me, who isn't sure of the correct terminology for the software.
If you're wondering whether you're brave enough to take the leap to version 4, do it!

Pros

There are so many great new features. The widgets make things easy to find. The Company and Software settings are set out clearly and again, are easy to use. The Help section has advice for anything you may have an issue with. Its very transparent, I find it easy to navigate and I'm not a very tech savvy person.

Cons

I am disappointed that the ability to merge and change customer types has been taken away. However there are alternative routes to make this less of an issue.

Response from Commusoft

Hi Hannah,

Thanks for your review - we appreciate the feedback! We're glad you're getting on well with v4.

Regarding changing customer type, you can do that from the 'Advanced options' section when editing a customer.

Should you need assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out to support.

Thanks!

Brian H.

Professional from the start, Commusoft have got a great product backed up by a very thorough team.

Reviewed on 2018/05/15

Pros

The ability to manage your business in one package whether a large company or small. The software has been designed for trade professionals, it is very extensive and constantly being updated, Commusoft team are willing to listen to their customers for input and potential idea's. Being such a complete package means there is a lot to learn, and although the training may seem costly on the surface of it, once you have had the training you can understand why you need it, there is so much you can do to tailor the software around your company. One of the rep was amazing at going through all the features, and although there are some complicated sections, she was patient and thorough which meant we got the most from the training. The backup is excellent, they respond via email or phone promptly and always make sure that the question/query is dealt with.

Cons

The cost of the packages and the training means you have to make sure this is the right software for your company, however when looking at the training, once you have been through the training you understand why the cost is what it is. As usual, you pay for what you get. This is a tailored piece of software.

Phil C.

Reliable, advanced, bespoke software that I genuinely couldn't run my business without.

Reviewed on 2017/11/20

Pros

Apart for the ability to seamlessly control every aspect of my business, from the initial customer inquiry all the through to invoicing, it's the customer support and wide range of industry-specific knowledge which the Commusoft team delivers that sets them apart from the competition. I really don't know how I managed before using Commusoft. Commusoft is constantly evolving and updating. Whenever I think of a function I would like to see available it's usually already been thought of and in the process of happening.

Carly P.

Commusoft Review

Reviewed on 2018/10/30

Pros

-Easy to find new features
-Always new updates and features being added
-No jobs can get missed - has a way of catching everything

Cons

-Trackers need to be improved - need to have features that RAM tracking use as this would greatly improve the service

-Sometimes we have issues with data not going over to our accounting package but the support team always get this resolved quick

Response from Commusoft

Hi Carly,
Thanks for the review - we're glad you are having a positive experience using Commusoft. With regards to our van tracking feature, this was designed to be a lightweight and affordable tracking tool that works in tandem to our core job management software. We have recently released improved driver trip reports for this and a couple of other additions. At the moment, we have no plans to expand vehicle tracking further, however, if there is a particular update you would like to see, please email us your thoughts to [email protected] and we will consider any suggestions.

Kyle W.

Great system

Reviewed on 2019/07/19

Very impressive organisation. They have reached out to us on a few occasions and we have met the Director one on one to discuss our business and growth plan (more of this please guys).
Was a little overwhelming moving systems but once set up we have been impressed. Now that we have reached some milestones internally, we look to utilise the software fully in the near future.

Pros

All in one package and their commitment to helping businesses grow.

Cons

Cost for administration users. Nothing else of huge concern.

Katrina M.

Training calls

Reviewed on 2019/04/29

Commusoft has made a massive difference in the daily running of the business, from booking jobs in to quotes and invoicing customers. We can now keep track on previous customers, send out service reminders, leave notes for the future, etc. Thank you to the support team for all the support and training.

Pros

There is so much to the software to help make the daily running of the business more efficient. The training calls were great, on everyone I learned so much more about what it could do and how to make it better for us as a company. Support team gave us so much support on every call and helped us critique the system to improve it for our business. Would definitely recommend the training calls and the system.

Cons

There is so much to the system it is difficult to know everything, but thats why it is so important to have the Training calls.

Jodie H.

Happy user

Reviewed on 2018/11/15

Although we had a few teething problems after changeover from v3 to v4 support were very quick and helpful with advice and instructions.

I would recommend commusoft, especially to small businesses which are just starting out as it is not too overwhelming.

Pros

Once you get to grips with it, it is very simple to use
The software has always been reliable
The changeover from V3 to V4 run very smoothly
Customer support are very quick and efficient

Cons

Invoices cannot be edited once sent
Addresses cannot be edited