Coolfront

Flat rate pricing & agreement management for contractors

4,3
4,3
3,9
4,2
4,4
Vladimir V.
Industry: Construction

Excellent software for invoices and scheduling

Reviewed on 2019/05/05

Pros

Integrated features such as scheduling onto Google calendar and ability to customize repairs, requires customer approval beforehand so that there’s no question on payment

Cons

Lags when synchronizing across multiple devices, sometimes doesn’t find previous customer service history accurately

Response from Coolfront

Thanks, Vladimir for the review! Glad you like the Google Calendar Add-On :)

Stacy H.
Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Great program & great value

Reviewed on 2019/04/19

Overall it has been great, however there is a much room for improvment.

Pros

I love the ease of use. All of our technicans can easily navigate the awesome flatrate book, with its up to date pricing. THe invoices port right into our Quickbooks accounting program.

Cons

If you have a ship to address with a different billing address, only the billing address displays on the work order when linked to quickbooks. Also in the agreements section it would be helpful if when searching for an agreement to add onto a work order if that information was in alphabetical order, however its not, it is in order by when it was added. FOR us this causes much headache and wasted time searching a long list that is rather difficult to find items.

Response from Coolfront

Great feedback, Stacy! And thanks for the 5-star review!!

Joan H.
Industry: Retail
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Great software that makes payments easy.

Reviewed on 2020/10/18

Pros

My favorite feature is that it makes payments easy. With Coolfront Payments, your technicians can run the customer's debit and credit cards from the coolfront mobile app in the field, no longer needing to bill the customer after the incident and pursue payments for months. Prices are competitive, funds are available the next day, and your customers will love you for making the payment so easy and hassle-free.

Cons

There are no parts I don't like. I use this software fondly.

Matt A.

I like a lot but a lot is to desired.

Reviewed on 2017/10/06

Pros

Ease of use. Can be operated quickly with little experience. Like the part finder if you know how to use it.

Cons

I hate when it wants to update while either writing notes or searching for a part. I wish there were tabs in my favorites for favorite filters, types of freon, or belts instead of looking over my favorites 3 or for times. I wish I could add a custom part or charge myself instead of having my office remake what I've already done just so they can send it back to me to add it on my favorites. All of the other techs said the same about updates. Add them to the home page when available. Frustrating. Finally inputting carrier numbers usually calls for 2 additional numbers or letters at the beginning of a part number. If typed in using the part number supplied from carrier it fails to find it. If those 2 first numbers or letters are left off when typing it in it will find it every time. I have found this only on carrier parts. Thank you for your help.

Sherri W.

Coolfront

Reviewed on 2020/10/06

We have had no major issues using this program. A plus it does sync with quickbooks as well.

Pros

This program is very user friendly. It has really nice options for the information that is needed to be entered.

Cons

The archived invoices and the calendar are frustrating at times. You have to click back on the calendar.

Bryan A.

COOLFRONT has been a very pleasurable and user friendly software system for us.

Reviewed on 2018/03/08

Pros

We had tried 2 other scheduling software providers prior to finding COOLFRONT. In both cases the experience was stressful and was not beneficial to our company's production and therefore our bottom line. COOLFRONT has had 2 positive effects on our business. Not only did it solve our scheduling conflict issues, but also gave us access to new, up-to-date, flat rate pricing that has increased our bottom line and helped us become a more productive service company.

Cons

If there was one thing I would change about COOLFRONT, It would be to give ADMIN the ability to make changes to the cost of a part. When management feels like a customer needs a discount for that part or service, in my opinion, It would be much easier to simply adjust the cost of the entry that a tech has already found in the COOLFRONT data base, instead of having to make up a custom repair and price for that part .

Lori R.

Good choice, but need some improvements!

Reviewed on 2018/06/19

Pros

Allowing real-time access to customer work orders and not having to keep up with "paper"work. I like that it syncs with our computer software, which makes it easier to receive work orders for invoicing faster for billing purposes. This will allow the customer to receive their invoice faster and allow payments to be accepted on the job site. The ability to be able to do that stood out to me and my technicians, making our jobs easier and more productive.

Cons

An improvement needed was to be able to work offline - sending and receiving customer information. Having the need for wifi slows the process of receiving work orders & invoices to the billing department from the technicians while they are out in the field.

Angelo M.

Nice integration

Reviewed on 2020/01/14

Overall any system, in this case, Cool Front flat rate pricing that helps us run our business smoother is great.

Pros

What I appreciate most about cool front is that their pricing software integrates well with another system we use in our company (Fieldegde). It's makes pricing services easier!

Cons

Like any flat-rate pricing software it's close but every local market varies is cost of living (wages paid to employees etc.) is overhead that goes into the mark up so although it's pretty good I can't say its perfect.

Response from Coolfront

Thank you Angelo. It's great to hear that the integration between FieldEdge and Coolfront is helping your business!

Jardel S.
Industry: Telecommunications

Financial independence

Reviewed on 2020/02/12

Great resource for self-employed people looking for a way to leverage and publicize their own business.
A positive highlight of the tool is its high connection with various social networks that facilitates the dissemination of a professional.
Speaking of improvement, the software could use a GPS to bring the user the closest professional to their location.

Cons

Response from Coolfront

Thank you for review Jardel!

Thomas H.
Industry: Construction

It is good but it certainly can use upgrades. I was promised and didn't get it!

Reviewed on 2018/03/13

Simplified my daily efforts.

Pros

The fact that it can be remotely approved by customers is my favorite feature.
Of course it all looks good and very professional no matter what.
I like the customizable ability for both installs and repairs, but wish there were more and that once you select an item from the saved customized list or from the database list even, that there was an easy way to make a custom amendments in at least the description so you could have the ability to make slight adjustments in model numbers and or the description to fit unique job circumstances (and be able to keep up with ever changing model numbers and even AHRI match data)

Cons

There is no way to type in any kind of a direct dollar value discount at the end of the work order which would fit in with my finance options.
I would also like to be able to add a line for a tip to be added for the techs.
If there was a way to add pictures of the customers system or work in both the customer noted and the internal noted that would be phenominal. The ability to add a pdf attachment for special contract would also be nice.
I like to add standard statements that are often legally required to include in various jobs we do. It would be nice to have the ability to add a list of customized standard statements that need to be approved but don't have any money value attached to them. As it stands I put my customized statements in the install custom list and just added zero dollar amount with it. I also think that the standard statements added to a work order should not be counted toward the cost of the work order.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

John W.
Industry: Facilities Services

perfect solution for field techs (creating work orders, pricing jobs, collecting payments)

Reviewed on 2019/04/30

The price database has helped us charge more accurately and profitably. Perfect solution for our techs to create professional, digital work orders, price jobs/quote jobs, receive customer authorization, and collect payments in the field; however, does not fully automate office (need to utilize separate software solutions for accounting, CRM, scheduling. email, creating service contracts, etc.)

Pros

it's exactly what we needed for the field techs at service calls. it's the perfect solution for family business/ independent contractors to create professional, digital work orders, receive customer authorization and collect payments in the field. The parts database and ability to customize rates/add custom installs makes pricing jobs and quoting customers seamless. Integrates with quickbooks for invoicing/accounting and coordinates with google calendar (what we use for scheduling)

Also, it's affordable , it was something we could actually afford to try out with no huge comittment and ended up loving it (no subscription fees/pay per workorder). In addition, the price database has helped us charge more accurately and profitably)

Cons

inability to add custom fields to work order template (i.e. there is no field to specify/enter model/sn# for equipment being serviced on the work order; we have to type it into the customer notes section.)

also, need a separate CRM. although we LOVE coolfront for the field techs, this software does NOT function like a CRM so do NOT think it's a 1-software solution to automate your office/completely go digital. we still keep a file drawer of paper files and use google contacts/google calendar (which is something we aim to go "fully digital" with, but now that we rely on coolfront for the field service software it's been challenging finding a CRM to add-on that allows us to keep using coolfront for the workorders, payments, and parts/pricing database.)

and, small thing, but when emailing a copy of the work order to the customer, it generates an auto email but does not let you type in a custom subject line or message into the actual email message (you have to add any notes into the customer notes section of the work order itself)

Response from Coolfront

Hi John - thanks for the thoughtful feedback. We really appreciate you taking the time to write it all out. I'm glad you've reaped the benefits of more profit!! Stay Cool!

Chris R.

CoolFront

Reviewed on 2019/04/30

I love that we are using less paper. Being able to see, edit, and advise technicians about the pricing and notes when they are in the field and I am in the office (or even running errands!) is great. Having the past history to look at is very helpful. The customer service at CoolFront has been good when we have needed help.

Pros

We use the software on iPads with data, so I can keep an eye on the technicians and see real time what they are entering into a service ticket.
We have it linked to Payzer for accepting credit cards, and I can also see that immediately, as well as get an email notification when the payment is processed. We also offer Greensky Financing, and that is linked as well.
The customers appreciate that we are "green" and using less paper.

Cons

The search function for older tickets isn't always user friendly.
I wish I had more control over when a ticket is archived.
We have 5 years of back data, and when I tried to integrate with Quickbooks, it created a lot of headaches for us with the past data. It ended up not being worth it and I turned it off.
I don't like that technicians can create different profiles for the same address just by forgetting to capitalize a letter or even entering a wife's name when the last time it may have been the husband's.

Response from Coolfront

Thanks for the awesome review, Chris!! We appreciate it and we are so happy you love Coolfront and have reaped all of the benefits.

Mike S.
Industry: Consumer Services

Coolfront is way beyond all others in every aspect of their products and services.

Reviewed on 2019/04/13

Awesome experiences all around. If feels good to know that I’ll never have to research into any other programs because I’m at home with this one:

Pros

Coolfront has been, without exception, has always been way above the top notch in all aspects of their products (Apps, Add-Ons) and their services (Their in house Cutomer Service and all of their ADD-On’s Custom Service Crews). They have all been, every time I’ve had a need, been only a phone call away. It most literally felt like I was the only one calling them, as if I am the only one that has any questions or needs. They have always gone way beyond my expectations. Keeping in mind that I am a very small company- this very small fish has always been treated to swimming in their very big pond. I am looking forward to getting started with other Add-Ons like their mobile payment solutions program.

Cons

I’ve got nothing. I have not experienced any thing negative during my 4-5 years experience with Coolfront, To Your Success, and the Maintenance Program

Response from Coolfront

Wow, Mike. What an incredible review. We shared your comments with the entire company!! Thanks for being a stellar customer.

Jennifer D.

Coolfront in HVAC Applications

Reviewed on 2019/04/19

Coolfront has been a great additional to our company's toolbox. It allows us to get pricing to customers upfront and we collect payments a lot quicker than before we start using this program. We've been using it for several years and we have not had any problems with the software on our desktop or our mobile devices. I highly recommend it to others.

Pros

I like how easy it is to input information. I like that it shows past invoices for customers when you create a new work order for them. It helps us keep our pricing consistent between users and uses industry averages to keep our prices in line. I like that I get information about the jobs done right away instead of waiting to get it from the techs. I like that it emails out invoices, estimates, and receipts to customers right away.

Cons

I don't like how it syncs with Quickbooks. The difference between taxed items and non-taxed items doesn't transfer over very smoothly so I have to enter everything into QB manually. The search tool could be a little more user friendly.

Response from Coolfront

Thank you for the fabulous feedback, Jennifer!! We're so happy to hear how Coolfront is a great addition to your company :)

Julia L.

The best yet!

Reviewed on 2019/10/22

Forget paper, Coolfront makes it unnecessary. A tech can easily get to a job, write up a bill and get approval from the customer, even get their signature on the work order, all without a single printed paper. The rep in customer service has been awesome the whole time! She's stayed with us, reaching out over the 2years since we signed up to see how things are going and offer us training.

Pros

Coolfront syncs with Google Calendar, enabling our techs to click and go without the messy copy/paste of the job address into their GPS. For dispatching, once the work is on the Calendar, I can quickly hit the address that pops up on the schedule and map job distances, so that work flows well for the tech that day.

Cons

Customer notes need to be more visible: We copy and paste checklists into internal/customer notes so the customer see's an outline of work performed and any suggestions the tech has. (Picture the checklist you see on the printout after an oil change) We've had to add extra steps when setting up a work order to make Coolfront work for us. Great we're able to customize, even greater if they decide to add our suggestion so it saves us time.

Chris H.
Industry: Retail
Company size: Self Employed

I have been using CoolFront for over five years now and couldn't be more satisfied!!

Reviewed on 2017/09/28

Being a user and believer in Flat Rate this software makes it easy...one less headache to deal with!!!

Pros

Easy to use, I love the repair look up format. Customer service is awesome and I have never had to wait on hold or have someone call me back. Being able to read, write or check the status of a work order from anywhere is great. The customers love the invoice format and the fact it is emailed to them right there on the spot! It integrates with Payzer which makes taking credit cards or financing so easy!! I especially love the customer surveys that are automatically sent out and being able to pass a gift along to a new customer or a customer having a birthday or anniversary! It integrates with quickbooks and google calendars...love that!!!

Cons

I wished we could sent a email to a customer letting g them know we are on the way. Being able to separate invoices by counties or municipalities for year in license payment.

Robert K.
Industry: Construction

Best Flat Rate Pricing Program that is continually growing!

Reviewed on 2016/09/08

Love the way it streamlines everything for the technician in the field. The Coolfront team is great and they are continually improving their services and spectrum. Only star missing is on Features & Functionality, because it is (for us) a stand-alone program that does not integrate with our accounting software (QuickBooksOnline), yet. Prospective users - you can't go wrong with this! Definitely add eTouch for extremely effective customer feedback & review collection!

Pros

Easy to learn & use. Straightforward and simple for the customer to understand. Send work-orders, estimates or invoices directly to customer's email.

Cons

Integration. We have to manually move each work-order from CF into our accounting software. This is just a matter of linking (with QuickBooksOnline) and then this thing will be unstoppable for us!!

Heather M.
Industry: Building Materials

Coolfront Payments by Clearent

Reviewed on 2019/04/19

We've been working with Coolfront 5+ years and never had an issue that was not resolved quickly.

Pros

Simple to use, straight forward flat rate pricing, current industry equipment/parts pricing embedded in software and always improving and adding new products. Never gave us a reason to consider moving.

Cons

Recently bought out and informed we will need to use Clearent for our merchant processing. Called to clarify and given the word that our current processor will not be compatible with the planned platform changes to come July 2019.
Perhaps I misunderstood but I'm under the impression that we must switch to their desired processor.
What about signed agreements and contract cancellation fees from our current merchant processor?
I have a feeling this is going to be expensive and possibly painful.

Response from Coolfront

Thank you for your review, Heather!! We really value it :)

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

William G.

Gamechanger

Reviewed on 2019/05/01

The software was very easy to learn. It easily integrates with quick books. You just tell the software your overhead and decide what you want your markup to be on certain price ranges and Coolfront does the rest.
Coolfront has drastically increased profit margins and we are no longer unintentionally undercutting our market. It has also streamlined our service records, cutting down on office work. This software is perfect for the one man show or a company with 50 employees.

Pros

Ease of use, easy integration, very affordable, continuous upgrades to cater to industry changes, tailored to your company, pay as you go (no contracts), and increased profit margins.

Cons

There are some limitations compared to software that you would spend well over 10X as much. I would like to see some templates for “notes”

Response from Coolfront

WOW, William. What an amazing review and feedback. We really appreciate it and love to hear how Coolfront has boosted your profits :)

Julian L.

Overall Good Product

Reviewed on 2019/04/22

Coolfront is a great way to present customers with pricing and quotations on the spot. It also makes it easy to watch over the technicians to ensure they are performing the necessary checks on the jobs and that they are charging correctly.

Pros

The ability to get customers approval, and have a homeowner sign off on a repair before hand. The ability to make custom repairs, ease of use, and overall professional look are all factors as well.

Cons

Seems to be missing some key features (EX: A way to denote if a customer has made a partial payment other than putting it in the notes. Would like to see it more visible, similar to the discount options.) . Also have found three separate instances where a custom repair had been omitted from the total charged, but was still present in the itemized list.

Response from Coolfront

Hello Julian! Thank you for writing in, we truly value your feedback!!

Stay Cool :)

April K.

We use it daily

Reviewed on 2017/10/06

It helped us integrate into a service based software for our techs to use in the field instead of using hand written invoices.

Pros

It isn't complicated to use for my techs. The mobile app is easy. The customer must approve the repairs before work is done.

Cons

1. Not enough spaces to enter my description and pricing (favorites).
2. Changes customer information randomly (we will change a phone number, then after saving it, it will revert back to what was previously automatically generated - addresses, names, etc.).
3. Expensive
4. Does not enter an invoice into quickbooks if there isn't an amount and when we do a service that is prepaid for then there isn't a dollar amount and it will not put it in my system so I am double inputing.
5. On the mobile app, every single time we use it, it constantly requests us to update, even if we just did the update.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Jeff I.
Industry: Construction

We have used Coolfront for 4 years, and find it a valuable tool for our company.

Reviewed on 2017/09/28

less paperwork, easy to access from anywhere, easy to see what happened on previous service calls.

Pros

We like not having paper work. Both the customers & our office like the digital service ticket. It's also very convenient to watch what a service tech is doing by checking in on Coolfront. I like being able to add as many notes as I want, and then if I have to go back 6 months later I can see what happened on a service call.

Cons

There are 3 things that come to mind that I would like to see changed. #1 - I would like to search & not have to include a date range. It would be convenient to just put in a house number or last name. #2 - I wish unpaid tickets could display a different color (maybe yellow? ) and then not archive until they are paid. #3 - Also if we could search for tickets based on their status. ( Paid/Complete/New/ Started)

Rebecca M.

I use this everyday, all day, and do like it. I just wish it did a bit more & had a few more things

Reviewed on 2018/04/20

In-field invoicing & pricing. Ease of scheduling. Parts reorder simplified.

Pros

I like that it syncs to Google Calendar & Quickbooks. I also enjoy the Parts Cart for resupplying the technicians. I enjoy easily being able to find repairs to bill them to the work order/invoice. I like being able to add custom repairs, discounts and pricing.

Cons

I don't like that the billed time/cost of part don't show on the internal view of the work order/invoice. I don't like that I can't run a report of average hours/dollars for each technician, since those values don't sync over into Quickbooks when the invoice does. I wish there was a way to "Pause" a work order so that the technician can return to it later due to possible part delay, weather delay or other circumstance. I wish we could customize the line item field for repairs other than creating a repeat custom repair for those time that it is an unusual circumstance or repair. I would like to be able to run some sort of report of what dollar/hour per work order/invoice we are tracking within the app itself.
These are just a few of the items I would like to see within the Coolfront App.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Industry: Consumer Services

Coolfront has helped us a lot

Reviewed on 2019/05/03

Overall we have been very pleased with Coolfront. We have been using it for about 3 years now. The customer service is fantastic. Any time we have had a problem (which has not been much, and usually our own fault) customer service has been more than happy to help us and always so friendly.

Pros

Our technicians love that they can just type in a repair and get the pricing. It makes things much easier for them. Then be able to print out a copy of the work order for the customer right there on the spot. They are using Epson mobile printers and the combination in great.

Cons

Two things I have heard the technicians say that they would like is to be able to click on a customers phone number and call right from Coolfront, and the same thing with the address. They would like to be able to access Google maps right from the customers address in Coolfront

Edward M.
Industry: Consumer Services

HVAC contractor going from paper to Coolfront

Reviewed on 2020/01/03

Overall we are definitely more profitable with the flat rate database. And it does save some keystrokes, but it doesn't fix all our issues or handling of service tickets.

Pros

I absolutely love the flat rate pricing database- and the pricing best practices through out the country. That part is awesome. I also like the history that shows up for each customer so my techs have information at their finger tips.

Cons

1) Sometimes it is a little difficult to find certain parts. I was looking for an inducer motor for a Lennox and no manufacturer comes up. I had to call Lennox to get part number, and then it was easily found. 2) Reporting- we collect sales tax- so to be able to report sales would be helpful. We still have to identify how much of the Flat rate is the part cost and mark up and how much is labor to put into our accounting software. 3) speed from going between day to day to look up customer is deathly slow.

Response from Coolfront

Thank you for your feedback, Edward. If you are using Quickbooks and Coolfront, there is a way for you to manage your sales tax between the two programs. Our support team would be more than happy to walk you through and answer any questions or provide further assistance for you!