Coolfront Reviews

Coolfront

Flat rate pricing & agreement management for contractors

4.3/5 (416 reviews)
John W.

perfect solution for field techs (creating work orders, pricing jobs, collecting payments)

Reviewed on 2019/04/30

The price database has helped us charge more accurately and profitably. Perfect solution for our techs to create professional, digital work orders, price jobs/quote jobs, receive customer authorization, and collect payments in the field; however, does not fully automate office (need to utilize separate software solutions for accounting, CRM, scheduling. email, creating service contracts, etc.)

Pros

it's exactly what we needed for the field techs at service calls. it's the perfect solution for family business/ independent contractors to create professional, digital work orders, receive customer authorization and collect payments in the field. The parts database and ability to customize rates/add custom installs makes pricing jobs and quoting customers seamless. Integrates with quickbooks for invoicing/accounting and coordinates with google calendar (what we use for scheduling)

Also, it's affordable , it was something we could actually afford to try out with no huge comittment and ended up loving it (no subscription fees/pay per workorder). In addition, the price database has helped us charge more accurately and profitably)

Cons

inability to add custom fields to work order template (i.e. there is no field to specify/enter model/sn# for equipment being serviced on the work order; we have to type it into the customer notes section.)

also, need a separate CRM. although we LOVE coolfront for the field techs, this software does NOT function like a CRM so do NOT think it's a 1-software solution to automate your office/completely go digital. we still keep a file drawer of paper files and use google contacts/google calendar (which is something we aim to go "fully digital" with, but now that we rely on coolfront for the field service software it's been challenging finding a CRM to add-on that allows us to keep using coolfront for the workorders, payments, and parts/pricing database.)

and, small thing, but when emailing a copy of the work order to the customer, it generates an auto email but does not let you type in a custom subject line or message into the actual email message (you have to add any notes into the customer notes section of the work order itself)

Response from Coolfront

Hi John - thanks for the thoughtful feedback. We really appreciate you taking the time to write it all out. I'm glad you've reaped the benefits of more profit!! Stay Cool!

Chris R.

CoolFront

Reviewed on 2019/04/30

I love that we are using less paper. Being able to see, edit, and advise technicians about the pricing and notes when they are in the field and I am in the office (or even running errands!) is great. Having the past history to look at is very helpful. The customer service at CoolFront has been good when we have needed help.

Pros

We use the software on iPads with data, so I can keep an eye on the technicians and see real time what they are entering into a service ticket.
We have it linked to Payzer for accepting credit cards, and I can also see that immediately, as well as get an email notification when the payment is processed. We also offer Greensky Financing, and that is linked as well.
The customers appreciate that we are "green" and using less paper.

Cons

The search function for older tickets isn't always user friendly.
I wish I had more control over when a ticket is archived.
We have 5 years of back data, and when I tried to integrate with Quickbooks, it created a lot of headaches for us with the past data. It ended up not being worth it and I turned it off.
I don't like that technicians can create different profiles for the same address just by forgetting to capitalize a letter or even entering a wife's name when the last time it may have been the husband's.

Response from Coolfront

Thanks for the awesome review, Chris!! We appreciate it and we are so happy you love Coolfront and have reaped all of the benefits.

Mike S.

Coolfront is way beyond all others in every aspect of their products and services.

Reviewed on 2019/04/13

Awesome experiences all around. If feels good to know that I’ll never have to research into any other programs because I’m at home with this one:

Pros

Coolfront has been, without exception, has always been way above the top notch in all aspects of their products (Apps, Add-Ons) and their services (Their in house Cutomer Service and all of their ADD-On’s Custom Service Crews). They have all been, every time I’ve had a need, been only a phone call away. It most literally felt like I was the only one calling them, as if I am the only one that has any questions or needs. They have always gone way beyond my expectations. Keeping in mind that I am a very small company- this very small fish has always been treated to swimming in their very big pond. I am looking forward to getting started with other Add-Ons like their mobile payment solutions program.

Cons

I’ve got nothing. I have not experienced any thing negative during my 4-5 years experience with Coolfront, To Your Success, and the Maintenance Program

Response from Coolfront

Wow, Mike. What an incredible review. We shared your comments with the entire company!! Thanks for being a stellar customer.

Jennifer D.

Coolfront in HVAC Applications

Reviewed on 2019/04/19

Coolfront has been a great additional to our company's toolbox. It allows us to get pricing to customers upfront and we collect payments a lot quicker than before we start using this program. We've been using it for several years and we have not had any problems with the software on our desktop or our mobile devices. I highly recommend it to others.

Pros

I like how easy it is to input information. I like that it shows past invoices for customers when you create a new work order for them. It helps us keep our pricing consistent between users and uses industry averages to keep our prices in line. I like that I get information about the jobs done right away instead of waiting to get it from the techs. I like that it emails out invoices, estimates, and receipts to customers right away.

Cons

I don't like how it syncs with Quickbooks. The difference between taxed items and non-taxed items doesn't transfer over very smoothly so I have to enter everything into QB manually. The search tool could be a little more user friendly.

Response from Coolfront

Thank you for the fabulous feedback, Jennifer!! We're so happy to hear how Coolfront is a great addition to your company :)

Chris H.

I have been using CoolFront for over five years now and couldn't be more satisfied!!

Reviewed on 2017/09/28

Being a user and believer in Flat Rate this software makes it easy...one less headache to deal with!!!

Pros

Easy to use, I love the repair look up format. Customer service is awesome and I have never had to wait on hold or have someone call me back. Being able to read, write or check the status of a work order from anywhere is great. The customers love the invoice format and the fact it is emailed to them right there on the spot! It integrates with Payzer which makes taking credit cards or financing so easy!! I especially love the customer surveys that are automatically sent out and being able to pass a gift along to a new customer or a customer having a birthday or anniversary! It integrates with quickbooks and google calendars...love that!!!

Cons

I wished we could sent a email to a customer letting g them know we are on the way. Being able to separate invoices by counties or municipalities for year in license payment.

Robert K.

Best Flat Rate Pricing Program that is continually growing!

Reviewed on 2016/09/08

Love the way it streamlines everything for the technician in the field. The Coolfront team is great and they are continually improving their services and spectrum. Only star missing is on Features & Functionality, because it is (for us) a stand-alone program that does not integrate with our accounting software (QuickBooksOnline), yet. Prospective users - you can't go wrong with this! Definitely add eTouch for extremely effective customer feedback & review collection!

Pros

Easy to learn & use. Straightforward and simple for the customer to understand. Send work-orders, estimates or invoices directly to customer's email.

Cons

Integration. We have to manually move each work-order from CF into our accounting software. This is just a matter of linking (with QuickBooksOnline) and then this thing will be unstoppable for us!!

Heather M.

Coolfront Payments by Clearent

Reviewed on 2019/04/19

We've been working with Coolfront 5+ years and never had an issue that was not resolved quickly.

Pros

Simple to use, straight forward flat rate pricing, current industry equipment/parts pricing embedded in software and always improving and adding new products. Never gave us a reason to consider moving.

Cons

Recently bought out and informed we will need to use Clearent for our merchant processing. Called to clarify and given the word that our current processor will not be compatible with the planned platform changes to come July 2019.
Perhaps I misunderstood but I'm under the impression that we must switch to their desired processor.
What about signed agreements and contract cancellation fees from our current merchant processor?
I have a feeling this is going to be expensive and possibly painful.

Response from Coolfront

Thank you for your review, Heather!! We really value it :)

5.0/10
William G.

Gamechanger

Reviewed on 2019/05/01

The software was very easy to learn. It easily integrates with quick books. You just tell the software your overhead and decide what you want your markup to be on certain price ranges and Coolfront does the rest.
Coolfront has drastically increased profit margins and we are no longer unintentionally undercutting our market. It has also streamlined our service records, cutting down on office work. This software is perfect for the one man show or a company with 50 employees.

Pros

Ease of use, easy integration, very affordable, continuous upgrades to cater to industry changes, tailored to your company, pay as you go (no contracts), and increased profit margins.

Cons

There are some limitations compared to software that you would spend well over 10X as much. I would like to see some templates for “notes”

Response from Coolfront

WOW, William. What an amazing review and feedback. We really appreciate it and love to hear how Coolfront has boosted your profits :)

Julian L.

Overall Good Product

Reviewed on 2019/04/22

Coolfront is a great way to present customers with pricing and quotations on the spot. It also makes it easy to watch over the technicians to ensure they are performing the necessary checks on the jobs and that they are charging correctly.

Pros

The ability to get customers approval, and have a homeowner sign off on a repair before hand. The ability to make custom repairs, ease of use, and overall professional look are all factors as well.

Cons

Seems to be missing some key features (EX: A way to denote if a customer has made a partial payment other than putting it in the notes. Would like to see it more visible, similar to the discount options.) . Also have found three separate instances where a custom repair had been omitted from the total charged, but was still present in the itemized list.

Response from Coolfront

Hello Julian! Thank you for writing in, we truly value your feedback!!

Stay Cool :)

Sherri W.

Coolfront

Reviewed on 2019/04/12

Since we offer straightforward pricing to our customers this program has help lay everything out for our customers. The billing is done right in the field and the technicians collect on site. We are very happy with Coolfront. We have used the programs for over 5 years now.

Pros

The ease of use. The invoices can be printed or emailed which our customers love. The program is very user friendly and generally there are never any issues with the software itself. Archived work orders are very easy to find with a simple search. Also in is integrated with our Quickbooks.

Cons

The only con I would have is when we converted to Quickbooks we lost all our glance back history.

Response from Coolfront

Hi Sherri! Wow, great to hear from a long-standing Coolfront-er :) We are so glad you are taking advantage of the QuickBooks and Coolfront integration. Please let us know if we can help improve your experience at all. Stay Cool!

April K.

We use it daily

Reviewed on 2017/10/06

It helped us integrate into a service based software for our techs to use in the field instead of using hand written invoices.

Pros

It isn't complicated to use for my techs. The mobile app is easy. The customer must approve the repairs before work is done.

Cons

1. Not enough spaces to enter my description and pricing (favorites).
2. Changes customer information randomly (we will change a phone number, then after saving it, it will revert back to what was previously automatically generated - addresses, names, etc.).
3. Expensive
4. Does not enter an invoice into quickbooks if there isn't an amount and when we do a service that is prepaid for then there isn't a dollar amount and it will not put it in my system so I am double inputing.
5. On the mobile app, every single time we use it, it constantly requests us to update, even if we just did the update.

6.0/10
Jeff I.

We have used Coolfront for 4 years, and find it a valuable tool for our company.

Reviewed on 2017/09/28

less paperwork, easy to access from anywhere, easy to see what happened on previous service calls.

Pros

We like not having paper work. Both the customers & our office like the digital service ticket. It's also very convenient to watch what a service tech is doing by checking in on Coolfront. I like being able to add as many notes as I want, and then if I have to go back 6 months later I can see what happened on a service call.

Cons

There are 3 things that come to mind that I would like to see changed. #1 - I would like to search & not have to include a date range. It would be convenient to just put in a house number or last name. #2 - I wish unpaid tickets could display a different color (maybe yellow? ) and then not archive until they are paid. #3 - Also if we could search for tickets based on their status. ( Paid/Complete/New/ Started)

Rebecca M.

I use this everyday, all day, and do like it. I just wish it did a bit more & had a few more things

Reviewed on 2018/04/20

In-field invoicing & pricing. Ease of scheduling. Parts reorder simplified.

Pros

I like that it syncs to Google Calendar & Quickbooks. I also enjoy the Parts Cart for resupplying the technicians. I enjoy easily being able to find repairs to bill them to the work order/invoice. I like being able to add custom repairs, discounts and pricing.

Cons

I don't like that the billed time/cost of part don't show on the internal view of the work order/invoice. I don't like that I can't run a report of average hours/dollars for each technician, since those values don't sync over into Quickbooks when the invoice does. I wish there was a way to "Pause" a work order so that the technician can return to it later due to possible part delay, weather delay or other circumstance. I wish we could customize the line item field for repairs other than creating a repeat custom repair for those time that it is an unusual circumstance or repair. I would like to be able to run some sort of report of what dollar/hour per work order/invoice we are tracking within the app itself.
These are just a few of the items I would like to see within the Coolfront App.

7.0/10

Coolfront has helped us a lot

Reviewed on 2019/05/03

Overall we have been very pleased with Coolfront. We have been using it for about 3 years now. The customer service is fantastic. Any time we have had a problem (which has not been much, and usually our own fault) customer service has been more than happy to help us and always so friendly.

Pros

Our technicians love that they can just type in a repair and get the pricing. It makes things much easier for them. Then be able to print out a copy of the work order for the customer right there on the spot. They are using Epson mobile printers and the combination in great.

Cons

Two things I have heard the technicians say that they would like is to be able to click on a customers phone number and call right from Coolfront, and the same thing with the address. They would like to be able to access Google maps right from the customers address in Coolfront

Stacy H.

Great program & great value

Reviewed on 2019/04/19

Overall it has been great, however there is a much room for improvment.

Pros

I love the ease of use. All of our technicans can easily navigate the awesome flatrate book, with its up to date pricing. THe invoices port right into our Quickbooks accounting program.

Cons

If you have a ship to address with a different billing address, only the billing address displays on the work order when linked to quickbooks. Also in the agreements section it would be helpful if when searching for an agreement to add onto a work order if that information was in alphabetical order, however its not, it is in order by when it was added. FOR us this causes much headache and wasted time searching a long list that is rather difficult to find items.

Response from Coolfront

Great feedback, Stacy! And thanks for the 5-star review!!

Roger S.

Excellent product for routine maintanence techs.

Reviewed on 2018/08/30

Overall I am very satisfied with the product and it’s usefulness for routine services. I wish payment was integrated and the ability to work with wintac for database history for our company.

Pros

The ability to copy and paste routine notes and the customization to our products that are common repairs. Also keeping customers data and info to look back at last calls.

Cons

The parts options are national averages and don’t reflect our regions pricing structures without always having to adjust. Also many popular Trane parts are not listed and you have to adjust the labor time to reflect what we would normally charge for that part. The fact that if I have to enter this multiple times to get a good price for my customer runs up the line items for each ticket charge. If I recall they charge for every two line items but if I delete and have to add it four or five times to get the pricing closer I believe that’s a charge to us for another ticket. Could have more common parts and a database that is a little easier to navigate.

Response from Profit Strategies

Thanks for the great review Roger! We're going to have our Trade Specialist get in touch with you to offer some assistance with the Trane repairs!

Joshua K.

Coolfront is good but striving to achieve greatness

Reviewed on 2019/04/30

I have been using Coolfront for 9 months now and they are truly making an effort to improve but I'm really waiting to see if this is going to be worth it as a long term solution.

Pros

Coolfront has fixed many of the bugs and random updating problems from the past. It integrates well with quickbooks and now offers payment options on the invoice with automated follow up survey options. There is a large database of repairs and equipment that makes invoicing quick and easy.

Cons

Coolfront really really needs a downloadable app. Integration to quickbooks could be more advanced by applying payments collected on the job to the proper account upon sync. There us a lack of Lennox equipment and the pricing of the existing Lennox equipment is not accurate ($200 air filter?). The "get savvy" link would be much more useful by allowing customization. The technician assigned to the job should correlate to the email address that is seen on the invoice. The amount of invoices used does match the amount of invoices I've been charged for (Overcharged).

Response from Coolfront

Thank you for your feedback and 5-star review, Joshua!!

Jenny G.

Coolfront has streamlined our billing process.

Reviewed on 2017/09/28

Pros

Coolfront allows our technicians to bill our customer and receive payment at time of service which I feel has greatly reduced the number of outstanding accounts.

I really like the auto-fill feature for repeat customers. I also like how easy it is to add special repairs that can't be found in the automated repair list.

Cons

I don't like the fact that you don't have an option to look for updates-a message pops up to update and it's always at a bad time.

I also don't like the limited amount of custom items under tune-ups and discounts. We could really use more in both areas as there are still items that are not listed or are listed but are way off on the amount to bill the customer.

I wish there was a way that we could update the actual cost of parts vs using the price that is listed. There are many times that the cost listed vs our actual cost is very, very different.

Jessica R.

Not tech friendly

Reviewed on 2019/04/12

It's ease of use for the technicians who are not always computer savvy makes it good for the person in the office who has to understand what the technician is trying to convey.

Pros

Ease of closing out & invoicing calls. Typing gives you a lot of freedom for notes for customers. Searching, when works is phenomenal.

Cons

Searching for parts. We use a lot of mobile home parts. None of the part numbers come up. It's usually hit or miss on trying to find part #'s. I end up searching for "blower motor" and try to find one who's cost matches ours.

Response from Coolfront

Hey Jessica! Thanks for the feedback. We are always looking for ways to improve our flat rate search engine. I will pass your comments along to the dev team. In the meantime, please reach out if you need help navigating the app in any way.

6.0/10
Susan E.

It works well. I wish it was easier to search for customers & if they merged better.

Reviewed on 2017/10/09

emailing of invoices & receipts. Flat rate pricing.

Pros

I like the ease of entering the information. I like that you can email receipt to customer right away. I like how it can be an invoice or a receipt.

Cons

It's not easy to search for a customer unless you know the date of the last time you were there. That is my major disappointment with this program. Searching for customers & history & merging the calls together. I ALWAYS have to go to add on & Merge. I wish it was more automatic. I use wintac & it always pulls up correct customer just by entering a few letters or address. You dont' even need complete info. If Coolfront doesn't correct the merge/search soon I will have to switch to a different software/dispatching program.

4.0/10
Sally W.

Finally able to bill upon completions in the field.

Reviewed on 2017/12/05

I think it saves the company and makes the dreaded end of the month billing obsolete.

Pros

Being able to bill the customer right on the spot and collect the money is great. This keeps the cash flow going and we have less bad debt from customers that refuse to pay later. It is also nice that all bills are consistent, just in case neighbors would compare. I also like that it will prefill info from our QuickBooks database. Very easy to set up new customers and add or change information. It is nice it will show previous service call information on the form for easy reference.

Cons

Sometimes the program can run slow. This can cause our guys in the field to have to wait until the changes come through to their I pads.

Bridget W.

Best Software Ever

Reviewed on 2019/04/12

Cool front has helped me with the dispatch calendar. It automatically sends all of the appointments straight to the google calendar. My service techs can easily put in pricing and collect in the field.

Pros

I have used many dispatching software and I find Cool front to be the easiest to use. I love that the flat rate pricing is built into the programming. It makes is easier for my service techs to come up with prices in the field.

Cons

The only thing that I find annoying with the software is finding archived work orders.

Response from Coolfront

Bridget - we are so ecstatic to read your amazing review!!! I will pass your feedback along to the dev team about archiving work orders but thanks so much for taking the time to share how much you love Coolfront and the flat rate database :)

Robert S.

Coolfront Usage

Reviewed on 2019/04/15

Reduces paperwork somewhat but customers prefer a printout for records. We have seen better profits on repairs with the flat rate program. Am quite satisfied overall with only a few things that could be more useful. I would recommend this program to others.

Pros

It has large repair database which saves time. Is relatively easy to use if you use correct numbers. Customers seem to approve of it. Updates often and stays current.

Cons

Does not allow you to save estimates. Archives them and treats them as completed work orders. This causes some erroneous billings to occur because it syncs with Quickbooks and creates invoices when work has not been done. A bit difficult to search for estimates without date. Only saves certain number in Archives.

Response from Coolfront

Hi Robert! Thanks for the review :) Did you know you can print and email invoices? That may appeal to your customers who want more of a "hard" copy. Appreciate your feedback!

Joe D.

It's a nice program. Have been using it for a couple of years and have no real complaints.

Reviewed on 2017/10/02

Easier usage. No storage for paper invoices.

Pros

Pro the software is usable in offline mode. The fact customer's are stored online and pay supporters are saved is excellent.
The ability to assign management duties to individuals controlling their level of interaction. Google calendar integration is great.

Cons

Cons, I do wish the navigation between screens was't so involved. A common menu through the app would make it easier as opposed to the back button. And currently it is only compatible with QuickBooks to synch with. A feature which I'm sure is nice but I don't use QuickBooks which makes my bookkeeping all manual. No ability to download invoices as spread sheet. Search feature is good but could be simplified. Dispatching can be a little confusing if more than 5 tech's. The app doesn't work well with some of our other office management software.

Ryan R.

Very robust pricing matrix for nearly anything you might run into

Reviewed on 2018/09/05

Other than the above mentioned things everything else in my opinion works nearly perfectly for us and they also do a good job of updating the prices pretty consistently.

Pros

The system is very intuitive and surprising pretty acculturate when it comes to vendor prices and how they can use that to calculate your invoices . The signature feature is also nice and its looks very sleek in front of customers.

Cons

That being said from a field prospective its great and simple to use but dispatching on the other hand could use a little work. For one scheduling 20 plus calls in a day can become a nightmare especially when you have people calling in to change appointment times. Hopefully one day they will make a new interface for desktops its over complicated right now compared to other software services coming from the scheduling end of things.

Response from Profit Strategies

Thanks for the great review Ryan! We've mentioned this to our development team and it's something we can hopefully implement in the near future! Are you currently using the Google Calendar feature?