FieldEdge Flat Rate Mobile

Flat rate pricing & agreement management for contractors

Sherri W.

Coolfront

Reviewed on 2020/10/06

We have had no major issues using this program. A plus it does sync with quickbooks as well.

Pros

This program is very user friendly. It has really nice options for the information that is needed to be entered.

Cons

The archived invoices and the calendar are frustrating at times. You have to click back on the calendar.

Jennifer D.

Coolfront in HVAC Applications

Reviewed on 2019/04/19

Coolfront has been a great additional to our company's toolbox. It allows us to get pricing to customers upfront and we collect payments a lot quicker than before we start using this program. We've been using it for several years and we have not had any problems with the software on our desktop or our mobile devices. I highly recommend it to others.

Pros

I like how easy it is to input information. I like that it shows past invoices for customers when you create a new work order for them. It helps us keep our pricing consistent between users and uses industry averages to keep our prices in line. I like that I get information about the jobs done right away instead of waiting to get it from the techs. I like that it emails out invoices, estimates, and receipts to customers right away.

Cons

I don't like how it syncs with Quickbooks. The difference between taxed items and non-taxed items doesn't transfer over very smoothly so I have to enter everything into QB manually. The search tool could be a little more user friendly.

Response from Coolfront

Thank you for the fabulous feedback, Jennifer!! We're so happy to hear how Coolfront is a great addition to your company :)

Robert K.

Best Flat Rate Pricing Program that is continually growing!

Reviewed on 2016/09/08

Love the way it streamlines everything for the technician in the field. The Coolfront team is great and they are continually improving their services and spectrum. Only star missing is on Features & Functionality, because it is (for us) a stand-alone program that does not integrate with our accounting software (QuickBooksOnline), yet. Prospective users - you can't go wrong with this! Definitely add eTouch for extremely effective customer feedback & review collection!

Pros

Easy to learn & use. Straightforward and simple for the customer to understand. Send work-orders, estimates or invoices directly to customer's email.

Cons

Integration. We have to manually move each work-order from CF into our accounting software. This is just a matter of linking (with QuickBooksOnline) and then this thing will be unstoppable for us!!

Edward M.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

HVAC contractor going from paper to Coolfront

Reviewed on 2020/01/03

Overall we are definitely more profitable with the flat rate database. And it does save some keystrokes, but it doesn't fix all our issues or handling of service tickets.

Pros

I absolutely love the flat rate pricing database- and the pricing best practices through out the country. That part is awesome. I also like the history that shows up for each customer so my techs have information at their finger tips.

Cons

1) Sometimes it is a little difficult to find certain parts. I was looking for an inducer motor for a Lennox and no manufacturer comes up. I had to call Lennox to get part number, and then it was easily found. 2) Reporting- we collect sales tax- so to be able to report sales would be helpful. We still have to identify how much of the Flat rate is the part cost and mark up and how much is labor to put into our accounting software. 3) speed from going between day to day to look up customer is deathly slow.

Response from Coolfront

Thank you for your feedback, Edward. If you are using Quickbooks and Coolfront, there is a way for you to manage your sales tax between the two programs. Our support team would be more than happy to walk you through and answer any questions or provide further assistance for you!

Stacy H.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Great program & great value

Reviewed on 2019/04/19

Overall it has been great, however there is a much room for improvment.

Pros

I love the ease of use. All of our technicans can easily navigate the awesome flatrate book, with its up to date pricing. THe invoices port right into our Quickbooks accounting program.

Cons

If you have a ship to address with a different billing address, only the billing address displays on the work order when linked to quickbooks. Also in the agreements section it would be helpful if when searching for an agreement to add onto a work order if that information was in alphabetical order, however its not, it is in order by when it was added. FOR us this causes much headache and wasted time searching a long list that is rather difficult to find items.

Response from Coolfront

Great feedback, Stacy! And thanks for the 5-star review!!

Joe D.

It's a nice program. Have been using it for a couple of years and have no real complaints.

Reviewed on 2017/10/02

Easier usage. No storage for paper invoices.

Pros

Pro the software is usable in offline mode. The fact customer's are stored online and pay supporters are saved is excellent.
The ability to assign management duties to individuals controlling their level of interaction. Google calendar integration is great.

Cons

Cons, I do wish the navigation between screens was't so involved. A common menu through the app would make it easier as opposed to the back button. And currently it is only compatible with QuickBooks to synch with. A feature which I'm sure is nice but I don't use QuickBooks which makes my bookkeeping all manual. No ability to download invoices as spread sheet. Search feature is good but could be simplified. Dispatching can be a little confusing if more than 5 tech's. The app doesn't work well with some of our other office management software.

Daniel S.

Efficient and effective

Reviewed on 2017/09/29

Uniform pricing, and an easy, understandable process for customer approval of repairs.

Pros

Consistent pricing throughout the service department, easy access to prior service records, customers respond well to pricing they can see. The process for getting customer approval is simple and easy, even for customers who have difficulty with adapting to technology.

Cons

The process for looking up certain repairs can be cumbersome. In starting to adapt to the new search system for repairs it seems that some of the old keywords and phrases which used to work for finding repairs are no longer specific enough to get to find what is needed, also the number of items which are available to look through when searching in a broad sense have been greatly reduced and this has created some problems when searching for general repairs.

Susanne H.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Very easy to work with

Reviewed on 2017/10/10

Gives us the ability to be a more paperless company where the majority of our invoices get emailed verses printed and mailed out and as a result can get payment faster when customer is not home to make payment at time of service

Pros

That our techs have access to flat rate pricing and being it is web based have access on any tablet, laptop, desktop or phone if necessary

Cons

Invoices that are still open or pending drop off into archives. Would like to see the system only sense the paid invoices drop into archives automatically after the current time it does it and leave other not mark paid to be manually archived

Wayne a T.
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Using coolfront has been a good investment for my company.

Reviewed on 2017/10/03

Pros

Up front pricing for my customers. It allows me to set my margin without employees being involved with cost of materials and markup. It has increased my profitability since implementing this software.

Cons

I've had a few complaints about the pricing. In some instances it does seem to be too much. I've had several complaints about the length of the invoice numbers. I've also received two complaints from a property management company; first the work order number stays a work order number on the ticket and does not change to an invoice number. This requires the staff to print the invoice and then write the work order number under the writing "Invoice" in order to process the invoice.a the second issue is they want me to email the invoice directly to the company that processes their AP, but the require the invoices in a PDF format. Can anything be done on these issues?

Coolfront is user friendly

Reviewed on 2019/09/25

Higher service sales and collections have improved.

Pros

User friendly, integrates with QuickBooks and Google calendar, simple and effective, incorporates the cost of the work order in the price of the job.

Cons

Sometimes duplicates customers already in QuickBooks. Other than that, we are doing quite well with Coolfront

Justin R.

Pricing at a Fingertip

Reviewed on 2019/04/30

Very happy, turns out we were not charging accordingly, now with Coolfront it’s an easy click of a button. I like the professionalism of the receipt and no paper plus the pictures aspect is great.

Pros

Knowing that I can give an instant price for anything we do in our industry. It’s easy, flat rate pricing.

Cons

What’s not to like. This is the easiest price book I have used. You can take pictures of model numbers and there stores to the cloud as well as that ticket.

Response from Coolfront

We love this review, Justin!! You rock. Thanks for making our day.

Stay cool!

Mike S.

The Coolfront App AND Crew is, by far, the Very Best, Top Notch and Awesome I have ever...

Reviewed on 2017/10/11

This company and it's products and services have made my life easier and my business WAY MORE PROFITABLE!!

Pros

The software is extremely thorough in all aspects! They are constantly adding more and more cool stuff to the app. Their Crew has by far THE BEST Customer Service that I have ever experienced, very knowledgeable, very experienced, very helpful.
If you are not using this App, then you are going backwards in time every day that you are in business! This App and this Company (Coolfront) is absolutely the best by far.

Excellent Software

Reviewed on 2019/04/19

Coolfront has been a great improvement to our invoicing process. Having everything online is very helpful. The integration of credit card processing and the part cart are also great features for our business.

Pros

Software is very easy to use and implement. It streamlines our dispatching and invoicing systems.

Cons

The search feature sometimes does not produce the results that we are looking for. We would also like to have the option for more custom repairs.

Response from Coolfront

So happy you love Coolfront Payments! Thanks for the feedback :)

Tom W.

GREAT PRODUCT

Reviewed on 2019/04/12

Great hopefully they can get agreements and mobile under the same platform and talk to each other

Pros

easy of use for technicians Also the app if very user friendly

Cons

it can do so much more with integration with other platforms (Podium). Agreements and Mobile are separate which takes a lot of time to work with the two together,

Response from Coolfront

Hi Tom! Wow, thanks for the outstanding review. I will pass your comments along to our dev team.

Stay Cool!!

Fairly User Friendly

Reviewed on 2019/05/08

For the most part it has been a good experience with Coolfront. Our profits and our price consistency has increased with the flat rate pricing. We have more customers paying on the job now.

Pros

Fairly user friendly. Creates consistent pricing throughout our service department. Can look back on a job and see which tech was dispatched to it. Upfront cost has lead to more customers paying on the job. Unlimited notes section for customers history. Paperless billing option.

Cons

Parts data base can be hard to navigate. Can't upload pictures to include with the work order. Discounts could be easier to customize. Frequent issues with glance backs. It would be nice if admin had the ability to change the cost of parts and if each tech had a separate schedule.

Allison K.
  • Industry: Executive Office

`better scheduling software ` upload pics `pricing upgrades ` sync faster to QB

Reviewed on 2017/10/03

To be able to include notes that are hidden from customers and also notes that customers can see.
We like the ability to sync with Quick Books.

Pros

very easy to use
Mobile friendly
scheduling off line is easy
like how it keeps me logged on
price is pretty comparable to other software

Cons

the pricing of equipment side of the software
does not have map location of employees
routing of jobs
uploading pictures to include with work order

Tracey S.

Great option for scheduling

Reviewed on 2019/04/12

Coolfront has been a great asset to our company. We previously used a calendar and a pen to schedule our technicians. Being able to have an app and schedule our techs while I’m in the office or running errands has been a huge benefit. We also like the fact that the workorders sync with Quickbooks.

Pros

I like to see where each of my techs are located and if they have completed a job or not.

Cons

That the customer notes do not sync to Quickbooks

Response from Coolfront

Hey Tracey! Phew ... you switched from pen & paper to software :) That must feel great. Thanks for the excellent review - your feedback and comments are really useful.

Mike W.

Wow

Reviewed on 2018/10/26

Couldnt be happier. Great support. Continually updated. Great product.

Pros

We were missing out on great profits in our business prior to using coolfront.

Cons

I have no complaints. Any problems we have encured have addressed and fixed by tech support.

Response from Coolfront

Mike! Sorry for our delay in responding. WOW! This review is amazing. We are so happy you have increased profits in your business with Coolfront :)

-Kate @ Coolfront

Amanda Z.

Helps us out in the office a lot!

Reviewed on 2017/09/28

Pros

My favorite part of coolfront is not having to deal with the technicians hand written tickets. We can easily access parts, prices, and it makes it much easier and quicker for us in the office!

Cons

My least favorite part would be going through old archived tickets, I wish you could just type in the dates you need to go to but its really not that much of an inconvenience.

Brenda M.

Flat rate pricing with ease!

Reviewed on 2019/04/12

Our experience with Coolfront has been very good.

Pros

Flat rate pricing, instantaneous billing, the glance back shows previous details of work performed at location. The sync tool helps cut back on office data entry. The customer service is excellent. They are very patient and alwayw willing to help.

Cons

I would like to be able to transfer all internal/external notes into QuickBooks Desktop.

Response from Coolfront

Hey Brenda! What a nice review - thank you so much. We are so happy you love flat rate and the other Coolfront Mobile features.

Joe F.
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Best thing that has happened to my business.

Reviewed on 2017/10/02

Not over charging and not under charging. No more money left on the table.

Pros

The ease of use. Customer can see that the prices are fixed and that helps out a lot. They know that we are not fixing prices to different areas.

Cons

No really bad sides to this software. More so to my phone service provider when I'm in an area that doesn't have good cell Service it takes a while to write up an invoice.

EASY

Reviewed on 2018/05/04

easy on the go invoicing for our technicians.

Pros

Coolfront is amazing. It helps us have a better relationship with our customers. Its easy to use and straight to the point when it comes to giving our customers the price for repairs.

Cons

I don't think there is anything I don't like about this software. Its easy to use and really affordable.

Lynda S.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

We have been using Coolfront since October 2017. Work orders and invoices are SO much easier...

Reviewed on 2018/06/21

I'm so glad you had a rep at the Armstrong dealership meeting in Omaha last Fall!

Pros

We have basically been able to go paperless since using Coolfront. We can send invoices from Coolfront and it syncs with Quickbooks.

Cons

So far, I haven't come across any part of Coolfront that I don't like. we use it on the computer and use the mobile app on our phones.

Laura D.

COOLFRONT

Reviewed on 2018/09/06

My techs handwriting is no longer a problem!! But "auto correct" is still sometimes an issue...

Pros

Simplifies work orders for the office and the techs

Cons

Daily pricing changes!!! I hate the fact that I may quote a customer for replacing an item... and then by the time I get back to do the job the pricing has changed and I am not able to change it back!

Response from Profit Strategies

Thanks for the review Laura! The "auto-correct" feature would be a setting that you'd need to change on the device you're using Coolfront with. As for the daily pricing changes, we're not sure where that would be coming from since we only push 2-3 updates a month on the pricing so it's accurate but not changing on a daily basis. We're going to have our support team reach out to see if they can assist!

Glen M.

Great program

Reviewed on 2017/09/28

Makes my job a lot easier

Pros

It's taking a lot of the paperwork out of my service calls. Even after completing a call you can go back later in the archives and look and see the history of that system. I feel as a service tech it's probably one of my best tools of the trade. You have all the information right at your fingertips it makes running service a breeze.

Cons

I personally had none. If I had to pick one for some reason it would be the layout of the software Now versus the old way