Skykit

Google-based digital signage CMS for enterprise deployment

Keely R.
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

High School Teacher

Reviewed on 2018/12/27

Pros

Easy to use for the kids and myself. I like the fact we can schedule content for the future. I also like that multiple people can add content from anywhere.

Cons

There needs to be a way to sort content into folders within the site. It gets to be a lot when you have to scroll to find content we have used in the past. Also, be careful of the remove/trash can buttons they move around and you may accidentally delete a playlist you have spent tons of time creating.

User Friendly

Reviewed on 2019/01/04

Pros

Ease of use is amazing. Our students can use this with no problem

Cons

Would like more "periodic" training on new features

Reviewed on 2018/12/27

Pros

Skykit is easy to use and the integration with Google Slides makes it simple to ensure things are branded correctly.

Cons

I wish that gifs were supported - not a huge deal but would be nice

Ted B.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

One of the best overall CMS.

Reviewed on 2017/03/21

I have beat up on a lot of CMS systems in the past year. SkyKit is very user friendly. It has a 5-five tech department. Between Customer Service and DevOps. They are on the for front of making Content Management easier than any others out there. You can tell that they believe whole heartily in SkyKit; and it shows in everything they do. From taking request and fixing problems. Even the most trivial is not over looked with them.
I enjoy that the people are not one to ask for help from others in their own company; instead of giving you a blank answer that raises more questions.
We are currently swapping our old outdated CMS for SkyKit and the transformation is seamless. If you even want that down home feel from an advance CMS Company? SkyKit is for you.
Respectfully,
Theodore "Ted" Burch
Technology Support Technician

Pros

The help that comes along with it.

Cons

What I have least liked about it. SkyKit has or is fixing as I type this.

Orenthial R.

Flawless Tool

Reviewed on 2017/03/24

We have been using SkyKit for well over two years now. With the current setup we are able to easily update content and slides with zero interruptions. It is very reliable and super intuitive.

Pros

Zero downtime,
Very easy to use.
Quick and easy setup

Cons

No Cons.

Wayne R.
  • Industry: Media Production

Great digital signage platform

Reviewed on 2017/03/21

I have worked with the development team and been amazed at the future development. This is the easiest platform to navigate and use with most amount of features while keeping things simple.

Pros

Cons

Could be more logical in the order menus are laid out and need a search function for tenants along with better portrait zone layouts.

Ryan K.

The subscription versus open source

Reviewed on 2018/12/26

Pros

Consistent, reliable, Google backed, and gets the job done

Cons

Proprietary, some extra menues, and not free.

Mark O.
  • Industry: Government Administration

Skykit

Reviewed on 2019/01/02

used to display board meeting agenda at local government building

Pros

The ease of use and google integration is what we liked most

Cons

Initially took some homework to setup correctly

Ed J.
  • Industry: Restaurants
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Great for managing multiple displays

Reviewed on 2018/12/27

Skykit has helped up keep our marketing messages current and fresh. Being able to manage everything remotely has saved us time and money.

Pros

It's web-based, support for HTML5 content, generally intuitive user interface, and has a lot of features.

Cons

Can't view what's currently playing (limited to screenshots), documentation could be better and more complete.

Sam Z.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Lots of options

Reviewed on 2019/01/03

Pros

Interface is easy to navigate with lots of options

Cons

I've had some issues uploading images from my desktop but otherwise no issues.

Lloyd K.
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Corp IT admin

Reviewed on 2017/03/21

Its been very good and the users find it simple to use. Looking forward to user content separation features to improve interface for wider use across facilities.

Pros

Its is simple.

Cons

When you get into multiple users we need separation. When I log in I should only see my content but be able to browse to corp folder.

Chris M.
  • Industry: Online Media

Great Product but pricey

Reviewed on 2017/08/03

Reiability

Pros

Google backbone/reliability/functionality. Does everything I want,decent content,like the ability to play live webcam streams

Cons

Cost/Ease of Use-Can be confusing to new users but once familiar works great. Could be simplified between content/playlists/scheduling

Easy to Communicate

Reviewed on 2018/12/21

Super easy to use and control content. Look slick.

Pros

I love these sky kit TVs. We have a few offices and we have found our younger workforce doesn’t like reading email so we have to be creative in getting information out. Sky Kit TVs are in our break rooms and key visible locations. We used them to promote things like holiday parties, visitors, open enrollment, contests etc. it’s one part of our comprehensive communication channels. We create all our documents in power point on our branded templates and then convert to pdf to ensure formatting stays intact.

Cons

We couldn’t figure out how to run videos with subtitles. That’s ok.

Trish M.
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

I love Skykit!

Reviewed on 2018/12/21

We communicate important and fun information in our break rooms. Some of our locations don’t have time so I’m able to manage for them quite easily.

Pros

Ease of use, ability to display individualized content along with common material. Programs and playlists save me so much time and duplication of effort.

Cons

The only con, which is not a big deal, in my opinion is that the automatic update doesn’t work for us. It could be our set up (lots of restrictions)

• Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

Just Gets Better with Time

Reviewed on 2019/04/08

Pros

The development team for this product is solid and always looking to make integration seamless. Incredibly easy to use and works with pretty much anything that you might use. Much easier than having to update a flash drive or write up changes to signage. No matter the industry, this product is a solid solution for digital signage.

Cons

Initially there were some quirks and hiccups during first iterations of the launch, but that's normal for new tech/solutions.

Alex M.
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Skykit Platform Review

Reviewed on 2018/12/27

Our experiences in schools and small businesses has been overall very satisfying.

Pros

The integration between Google accounts and their CMS portal is great. As people get more comfortable with Google: Docs, Sheets, and Slides, having that integration makes building presentations very intuitive and easy.

Cons

Having a live display of what is broadcasting, kinda like a hub view of the different screens would make this software better. Relying on what the "content" is titled and visual checking of screens is a bit annoying.

Daniel V.

Napa Valley College went from a complex system to a very easy to use and user friendly.

Reviewed on 2017/08/18

Pros

Napa Valley College like the most of skykit is how easy the system is to use. the end user who use the system didn't have to have IT back ground to use skykit.

Cons

After using skykit, Napa Valley College would like to see a couple of more option added to the system. the ability to have video streaming, would be a great option to have because different departments could stream classes, show, guest speakers through out the campus.

Greg T.

Great Media Broadcast System - with steep learning curve

Reviewed on 2018/12/28

We have been quite pleased with the overall experience. We do find that our audience takes notice of the media feeds and really like the ability for multiple users to manage content.

Pros

One of the biggest pluses of the software is ease of access from any web-enabled device (and by multiple users). This allows for updates on the fly from just about anywhere and the speed with which programs update is impressive.

Cons

The learning curve with the interface is fairly steep and not as intuitive as it could be. While there are good "help" resources on the site, understanding the differences between programs, content, etc. isn't as obvious and organizing material is a bit clunky. The way the software platform is sorted out makes for some trial and error to understand the workflow.

Sarah Z.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Overall great product

Reviewed on 2017/03/24

At first it can be confusing to know the difference between playlists and programs. But once I got that down it was easier to learn everything else. One thing that can be frustrating is that skykit makes a copy of your slides and uses that instead of the original document. I never fully understood why this was the case. I also know for us we had to make multiple copies of the same program because we wanted it to play multiple times between other parts of the playlist. This can be a bit time consuming to edit since we have to edit multiple instances of the same document to make it consistent throughout the program.

Pros

Great way to keep our company updated about current events going on in our organization.

Cons

It can be confusing to navigate through sometimes, I never remember off the top of my head the difference between playlists and programs. I have to click on each one to see if it takes me to where I am wanting to go.

Shane B.
  • Industry: Investment Banking

Monitor for lobby

Reviewed on 2017/03/24

Only scratch the surface of all the features you have. I'm sure I would learn more if I had the patience. We just leave it on and let it run. :/

Pros

Ease of use.

Cons

Not comfortable making changes.

Michael C.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Skykit was an answer to prayers...affordable, easy to use and great interface with Google...

Reviewed on 2017/08/03

Easy to convey information on church events to 2000 worshipers each week.

Pros

It's interface with Google Slides makes it easy to learn and use by our less tech-say staff. Many of our younger staff are experienced with Google Apps. After a very short time they learn how to publish content to the displays.

Cons

A little tricky to format for a portrait display. Google Slides is default for landscape. Images are difficult to proportion.

Braedan H.
  • Industry: Sports

Does what it needs to!

Reviewed on 2017/08/18

Pros

We got the product in Beta, so it's been fun to see where the product started to where it is today. Very easy to setup.

Cons

The user interface isn't always intuitive as I needed it to be. Was hard to understand it right away, but definitely getting used to it.

Kyle W.

Skykit is a great way to manage content across geographically dispersed organization's

Reviewed on 2017/03/21

My team and I have been using Skykit for a little over a year, it started with displaying simple information such as events going on in different offices, lunch schedules, and new features on some of our products, to New Employee start dates as well as Employee Biographies. Being spread across different time zones and continents, it can be hard to get information out quickly and efficently. Using Skykit has allowed teams to collaborate and get valuable company information out in a streamlined simple way.

Pros

Easy to use, integrated with the G-Suite.

Cons

Things can be a bit slow to update at times, also have been experiencing memory issues with the Skykit chromeboxes themselves.

Carrie R.
  • Industry: Banking
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Good Option

Reviewed on 2019/09/09

It's a good option. As with most things I would change a few things, but for being newer to the bank it wasn't too hard to adjust.

Pros

There aren't any required picture sizes which is SUPER helpful and keep the ratio of the image, then fills in the background with black. Looks professional.

Cons

Without the tutorial I would be LOST. I found myself accidentally deleting a playlist, thinking I was just deleting content off the playlist.

Abe M.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Works well and accomplishes what we need.

Reviewed on 2017/08/16

Pros

Easy enough to use. Able to add a lot of types of content. Works without problem and doesn't need much, if any, maintenance.

Cons

Need to add traffic to web feed. The timing doesn't seem to be accurate or doesn't work according to user time zone.