123Pet Software

Software for Managing Pet Services Businesses of All Sizes

Hanna L.

Great CRM for pet grooming

Reviewed on 2020/06/10

I love 123 pet groom, only thing missing is a digital agreement. I love that this software could easily grow with me as my business becomes bigger.

Pros

This software is very user friendly, easy to navigate and integrate into your every day. I have the credit card processor through cardpointe integrated in 123 pet groom also and it has worked very smoothly and beat my bank merchant service pricing. During hard times of getting started they waved my monthly fee instead of my having to cancel and it helped keep me going! I love that I can book online and automate responses or emails to clients, it helps with busy work and avoid the need to hire.

Cons

The interface changes depending on the device you're using so it take a few minutes to get used to but nothing substantial. I login in my laptop, phone and tablet. I would LOVE to see the ability to have a digital agreement! I'm mobile so carrying around paper agreements is a headache especially for events I run. I also think it would be better for file retention. I would also like to be able to have more control of my online booking page, with more customization rather than just the looks of it. I'd like to customize the questions or number of pets they can add to the request etc.

Liz F.

The more they update the worse it gets!

Reviewed on 2018/04/30

Pros

We have been using this software for over seven years. It was perfect when we first bought it in 2011. It was easy to use and worked exactly how we needed it to work. This is no longer the case and it is now costing us time and money instead of saving it...

Cons

Most of our customers have standing reservations for daycare and also buy packages. You can no longer schedule out their reservations and pull from their package. It counts future dates against the package so you cannot add an additional day if requested and pull from the package. It charges them full price and there is no way to change it unless you start deleting future days and then it just becomes a nightmare. Scheduling is the main function of this software and it does not do what it needs to do to run a successful daycare! So now we have to manually re-enter every single appointment every single day (over 60 dogs/appointments per day). What used to take 15 minutes now takes over one hour. Now this week it suddenly is showing that customers have negative days so it is no longer alerting us that the customer has used up their package and are due for a new one! That is money out the door!! Also, basic things like viewing tickets used to be so easy and now you have to make numerous clicks just to get to what you want to view. Even though we just paid for an upgrade, we are researching other software companies and are willing to pay again for one that works. The stress of switching over to a new software program is worth not having to deal with the every day stress of 123 Pet! We have been using this software longer than their reps have worked there and know more about it than they do, so they're of no help. We do not recommend this product, look elsewhere!

Response from 123Pet Software

We' sorry to hear that you've had a problem. It does look like you have not completed the free maintenance updates released for your version. These include bug fixes and feature improvements. We did make changes to the way packages are implemented due to many requests. We're sorry that this change negatively impacted your operation. Our Customer Support Specialist has reached out to you to see how we can be of further assistance.

Jason H.

It's polished but flawed-obviously not created with input from the grooming world.

Reviewed on 2016/10/10

We are a medium volume, upscale grooming salon with six employees. When we opened four years ago, we computerized the clip card client list of an old salon. They have decent customer support and It's fairly easy to use, but there are some very frustrating "quirks" that should have been addressed in updates years ago.

1. Like many salons, we have a number of dogs that drop off at the same time in the morning. The calendar does not allow the schedule to reflect this and creates confusion.
2. Everyday we have at least one client with multiple pets, but if they are assigned to two different groomers, you are unable to drag and drop the appointment. Also, it won't let you schedule them for the same time slot.
3. Because the SMS appointment reminders automatically use the time scheduled on the calendar and not the actual time the client drops off, this feature is useless.
3. There's no third party pos integration, therefore we must keep two sales registers and reconcile them daily.
4. Their cloud based system and app is a useless
5. Ditto for the QuickBooks "integration" that is not included in the monthly price.

Pros

Polished

Jennifer K.
  • Industry: Veterinary

123Pet is easy to use, and with all of the functions, it has eliminated the need for other...

Reviewed on 2017/10/23

Peace of mind, time saver, makes everything about running a business so much easier!

Pros

The automatic reminder texts have been a god send. It eliminates having to call ourselves, which saves so much time!

Cons

The newsletter feature is very difficult and inconvenient to use. When setting up a newsletter to send out, if we also need to set up an appointment, or do anything else with 123Pet, we have to do a bunch of things in order to close out to open what ever else we need.

Aimee D.

Headache, Waste of Money and Time

Reviewed on 2019/09/27

Disappointed, frustrating, stressful. Now have to switch to another company.... That will cost more time and money! On top of training for a new software. Not a happy customer and product user!

Pros

Price, mobile and tablet friendly, pricing based on company size and features needed.

Cons

Tech support is never able to resolve issues, app or direct web version always has glitches, lost weeks worth of inventory data I input months ago (inventory randomly disappeared) without explanation or reasoning. Email compaigns get "bugs" tech support will tell you to just make a new one. Not reliable product at all. Time spent dealing with 5 separate issues in 1 week is time wasted for clients and business. Lost sale today because I could not check out a retail CASH sale! Very frustrating to say the least.

Vanessa D.
  • Industry: Veterinary

Used to be a great program

Reviewed on 2018/11/05

It used to be a great program 5 years ago, but I can't really say the same anymore. I tried their cloud version recently, but that was a nightmare.

Pros

This used to be such a great program, however, recently it has gone downhill tremendously. I'm not sure if it's change in management or something, but a lot has changed and it hasn't been positive changes. I am required to upgrade my version again or else they are going to stop supporting it, so I've been looking elsewhere.

Cons

The remote access is always down. The support staff isn't very helpful. I have been paying for support for the past 3 years and they haven't really answered any of my questions. They are adding features, but they never seem to work. Also, I never know how much my bill is really going to be that month.

Rayna S.

123pet rocks

Reviewed on 2020/06/09

123pet has simplified my daily operations. I don't need a bulky file folder for each client and I love that I can use it on my cell when I am traveling

Pros

I love the automated reminder emails and text. I also love the ready for pick up text

Cons

I wish it was free to connect to quickbooks

Mike H.

Long Term 123Pet Customer wondering about going forward

Reviewed on 2016/04/09

We went totally computerized 3rd Qtr 2010 with 123Pet. We have 3 computer locations with the POS package. Our 2000 sq ft shop is predominately pet and supply retail sales with grooming available.

Over time, we have had our doubts over the accuracy of the 123Pet program when used for retail sales, inventory etc. In particular, when the year end inventory matches exactly with the pre and post inventory count, I have my doubts.

We need to up grade something here now, as the computer system we purchased in 2010 was shipped with Windows XP, which as you know is no longer supported.

I am frightened beyond words when I see the current 123Pet pricing schedule and the additional prospect of having to purchase 3 computers in addition to the 123Pet software.

I only have 4 employees but to have payroll and 3 computers in our shop, 123Pet wants us to have the second from the top tier software program.

Now don't get me wrong, 123Pet has taken good care of us over the years, I'm just concerned about the wisdom of going forward with them again. Are we best suited to be business partners?

Response from 123Pet Software

Hi Mike! A member of our team will be reaching out to you shortly to address your concerns. Thank you.

Dan T.

Vanity Fur Pet Spa & Grooming

Reviewed on 2020/06/22

Customer service is great. Dislike they took away functions that we used regularly. Hate that we have to use Card Connect.

Pros

Customer Support is excellent. Relatively easy to use.

Cons

Features and functions. Some features in the older software were taken away that were that were used regularly. Example, can no longer use priority notes or add coupons. This is a source of frustration and we wish they would bring those functions back.... Also, we can only use Card Connect for the hardware. Card Connect has been a nightmare to deal with.

Laura P.

Good product

Reviewed on 2020/06/15

The overall experience has been very good. I don't use all of the features but the ones that I do use work well.

Pros

Adding clients and pets is easy as is moving appointments.

Cons

There are a lot of small quality-of-life issues that would make this product perfect. They are very tiny issues but have a big impact when they're all pull together. It'd be nice to be able to look at the whole month on one page. It would also be able to nice to be able to send receipts via text.

Carol V.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Not ready for iPhone Use

Reviewed on 2019/06/21

Worked with support because after importing my 400 clients, I couldnt navigate or move through the customer screens, the appointment screens, etc! They stayed they may or may not correct this!! Step one basic function?? They refunded me.

Pros

Loved the concept but not functional on iPhone

Cons

Totally nonfunctional on iPhone 8plus or iPad Pro

Response from 123Pet Software

Carol, Thank you for your recent review. We are sorry that your devices were not compatible with our pet services platform. We are continually improving the program and plan to accommodate more device versions in the near future. This incompatibility was not something that we saw in our testing process, so we were unaware of it until your onboarding. We do regret the error, and apologize for the inconvenience.

Summer H.

Great scheduling software

Reviewed on 2020/06/22

Overall I have really enjoyed using this software to organize my client list, and business schedule. I’m a new business owner and I chose this software because it seemed easy to use, and I was right!

Pros

123 pet groom helps me schedule clients and keep records of each pet! I love it because it helps me build my client list. It also keeps me organized.

Cons

I haven’t found anything I don’t like yet. The learning curve on how to use it is the hardest part, but as I practice using it, it’s gotten easier to use.

Leah F.

User friendly experience

Reviewed on 2020/06/09

Very good!

Pros

Well supported by customer service. Easy to use, set up. Very convenient.

Cons

I wish there was a way for clients to book multiple pets at once.

Mariely S.

Excellent

Reviewed on 2020/06/15

Pros

I really like it because it is very friendly

Cons

I don't like it because it is not in Spanish

Rebecca H.

Easy Records

Reviewed on 2020/06/24

I am satisfied with the software program. It works well for my situation.

Pros

It helps me to set up and track my clients with ease. All my client info is easily entered and saved.

Cons

I wish there were variance factors in the price list.

I would love for there to be a voice activated feature so that as I am grooming the dog, I can note what I am doing, record any abnormalities in the skin or coat, set reminders for future grooms.

Christopher O.

Customer support review

Reviewed on 2015/07/06

I had to call customer support today for the first time in two years having run 123Pet software with no problem for the entire time I've been in business. Their customer support team was courteous, quick, and extremely helpful.

I am very glad that I purchased the monthly subscription package to add a second terminal, and I am delighted that the support team is so helpful!

Sean M.

123PET FTW!

Reviewed on 2017/01/27

This software has allowed me to expand my biz 10 folds. THANK YOU 123 pet! You have allowed me to expand my biz beyond my wildest dreams!

Corinne T.

Shampoochie

Reviewed on 2017/01/19

Fantastic! The customer rep was Very helpful. Great customer support and great company! Very happy with how helpful the service was.

Katie K.

Reviewed on 2015/05/21

At first the software was a little confusing but David was extremely helpful and willing to help me with all my questions and walk me through my new software.

Anchalee T.

Good customer service

Reviewed on 2017/04/20

Customer service and technical support are very nice and helpful. The software is quiet easy to use.

Stacey H.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Good

Reviewed on 2020/06/18

Overall a good program for groomers.

Pros

The fact that I can access it from any device. The ease of use.

Cons

I would like to be able to use any credit card system and be able to process payments.

Gary B.

123 you're outta there

Reviewed on 2015/06/16

We bought this for our grooming school. After calling customer service explaining that none of our so called training videos loaded they informed us the customer service costs for anyone who doesn't subscribe we paid seven hundred dollars for a program that is useless...never again. Thanks 123 for showing me that sometimes it's easier to just use pen and paper doing things the old ways can be better

Marie G.

New User

Reviewed on 2015/11/10

I love the system and customer service is outstanding!!! I am new to do

Andrew F.

Quality and ease of use is evident.

Reviewed on 2015/06/26

Simply and easy to navigate through. Customer service was amazing

Steve S.

Reviewed on 2015/06/24

Very manageable and easy to navigate