Showing 62 reviews of 59

Bento for Business

Expense Management platform for small businesses

Showing 62 reviews of 59
Julie N.
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Great product for our business

Reviewed on 2017/01/19

As an administrator, I am able to assist our local or traveling employees at the office on my desktop, or at home from the app. Easy to make any adjustment (in real-time, no delay) to any users daily/weekly/monthly allowance and spending category, or turn off the card if lost, stolen, or for misuse. Reports are easily downloaded for monthly reconciliation.

Pros

Ease of use at office or home. Immediate access and ability to adjust a users funds, categories, or turn the card off. Report is simple to download for monthly reconciliation process. Users can see their limits quickly via app.

Response from Bento for Business

Thanks Julie for taking the time to share your thoughts on Bento. We really appreciate your support and kind words. If there's anything that I can do to help you, please feel free to reach out to me. Thank you!

Katie D.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Makes My Job So Much Easier!

Reviewed on 2017/02/08

Before we found Bento, the whole "petty cash" for over 50 employees who travel extensively was the bane of my existence! Now, with Bento, everything is so easy. I have full control of how much each employee has at their fingertips; where and when they can use it; and best feature of all, turn them off altogether if not needed for a period of time. The customer service has been extraordinary, truthfully. I have always gotten an actual person any time I've called, and 100% follow up with every question I've had. I recommend this company with absolute confidence.

Pros

Everything

Cons

I have no complaints at all about anything on the Bento software. The easiest part of my job by far.

Jason H.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Bento Rocks!

Reviewed on 2017/02/21

Bento has saved our organization countless hours of reconciling receipts and tracking employee spending. Our employees love it because they don't have to spend their money and wait for reimbursement and the card and smartphone app are easy to use. Any time we've had questions or issues they're resolved in minutes. The online chat function for support is GREAT!

Pros

Ease of use. Phenomenal customer support. Fair Pricing.

Cons

No support on the weekends.

Jamie D.

Good Features, Great Service

Reviewed on 2017/02/14

Lots of categories to tailor your employees' purchasing capability. Web site straightforward. Top-notch staff is really friendly and helpful. Never had to wait on hold. Funds take 2-3 days to appear in account after card load is initiated.

Christa B.
  • Industry: Design

Great Business tool

Reviewed on 2017/02/21

Every time I had to contact Bento Customer Sevice they have been more than willing to help me in a courteous and professional manner.

Pros

Ability to do what I need it to do with multiple accounts.

Cons

Having to constantly reassign the parameters and limitations on each account as well as the limited info. Available to the customer service representatives.

Nicole F.

Just what we needed

Reviewed on 2017/02/21

I needed a way to allow my employees to make purchases but needed to regulate what they could spend on and when. This is a great tool!

Pros

Cons

Minimum amounts required for loading

Dawn D.

Great for small businesses!

Reviewed on 2017/02/08

Never have any issues. Customer service is excellent and always able to help with any questions or problems I may have. Love having Bento. Its easier and more convenient than having to go the local store and re-load cards for my employees. Just do it online and go on to my daily duties!

Brandi C.
  • Industry: Computer Networking
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Denied with no explanation

Reviewed on 2020/01/22

Will spread the word before anyone i know applies.

Pros

How could i like anything i was denied before i even started

Cons

Our company in good standing with everyone applied for prepaid cards and was denied after providing all paperwork. Like what the hell.

Patti W.

Perfect For My Business!

Reviewed on 2016/06/02

I love these guys! The customer service is impeccable! Bento has been great for us because I can give my route drivers a gas card with perimeters to prevent any misuse. This is perfect for our small business as I'm not real comfortable providing corporate cards to my drivers. This has been an easy, convenient solution for us and the web site and alerts keep me updated on spending trends.

Christopher R.

Great product. Easy to use.

Reviewed on 2015/09/03

I have a small startup with only 1 employee, but the Bento cards make it really easy for me to manage expenses. I love the 1-click management of funds on each card. Bento makes for really easy expense accounting each month. Getting set up was a quick process and their support team has been quick to respond to any of my questions.

Paul B.
  • Industry: Accounting
  • Used Other for Free Trial

Best Tool For Small Business in Place of a Credit Card

Reviewed on 2019/01/25

Pros

The software allows you to enable your team to make purchases. Control your finances all from your phone.

Cons

Everything is good as far as features and setup.

Cheryl G.

I have not had many problems with the software and if I do I call the customer service...

Reviewed on 2016/06/02

It has been working out great for us. Very happy with the experience and software.

Megan D.

Bento For Business Review

Reviewed on 2017/02/21

We are a small construction company who specializes in maintenance of apartment buildings. Our crew used to buy materials everyday for jobs and come into office for re-reimbursement checks every couple days. Now they are not loosing time in the field and book keeper isn't having to stop in the middle of something to review receipts and cut a check.
We have also seen saving in 'returns'.. with crew using cards refunds are issued to the cards, not given in cash.
The tagging feature allows job cost tracking at a quick glimpse as well.
Controlling spend limits etc is great and if needing adjusting (i.e. a larger purchase) can be done in seconds and the crew in the field then immediately can use card with the change.
I would like to see a quicker fund load when doing a bank transfer and a larger transfer limit, but otherwise no complaints!

Pros

Time and money saving, great control of spending from anywhere, snap shot of job costs thanks to 'tag' feature.

Cons

Would like a quicker transfer time or loads from bank and a larger limit per day in transfers.

Dennis R.

A few improvements suggested

Reviewed on 2017/02/22

The software provides a beneficial service. However it could be better in a few ways. Firstly it REALLY would be better if users could have monthly statements! Especially if they could show daily balances on them. Secondly, it would be better if there could be users assigned to different departments/divisions. Currently we have to have two (2) different Bento accounts to keep them separated.

Pros

It allows us to let employees have access to funds when they don't have a company credit card. Pus we have been able to blocker certain users and certain types of transactions as advertised.

Cons

Needs monthly statements with end of month totals. Need to be able to divide users by department or division.

Carlos G.
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Best Assistant to My Growing Business

Reviewed on 2017/02/09

I love it!! We have a growing business and this has helped me better manage our expenses. In my logistics business it was hard to keep track of what my drivers needed on the road and getting ready for work. But with Bento they all have a card that they are able to use for expenses and I am able to keep track of everything now. I can even print a report with Bento for my accountant for this upcoming tax session. Best investment I have made starting my business.

Pros

Easy and accessible

Cons

Wait time for money transfer

Nicole F.

Reviewed on 2018/12/04

We have loved using this program for the past 3 years. It has been a tremendous asset to our business

Pros

I like that I can easily limit where, when and how much each employee can use.

Cons

The category options for access could be a little better defined (or maybe offer subcategories)

Harry P.

Great startup doing innovative things for business expenses

Reviewed on 2017/02/10

Really like the platform, the staff are super helpful and polite too.

I'd like to see more progress on reporting and a statement function. Overall please keep up the good work.

Pros

Ease of access and simple to use

Cons

I cant see a daily balance or monthly end balance so I can't reconcile properly.

Bailey C.

Great Credit Card Option for Business

Reviewed on 2017/02/21

This has been a great option to allow some of our employees to have access to a credit card, but with control over the spending. It's easy to use, & a great value for the money. Bento for Business has been a helpful tool for this small business.

Pros

Ease of use.

Cons

I wish it connected directly with Quickbooks. I also wish the deposit time for funds was quicker.

Minnetta M.

Bento Cards make business life easier

Reviewed on 2017/02/08

This is a great solution to avoid paying out petty cash. It makes month end reconciliations so much easier. The employees find the solution easier than submitting expense reports for reimbursement. They turn in their receipts regularly and we balance to the Bento online account. Great solution for small to medium businesses.

Pros

Can track the expenditures up to the minute online.

Cons

Sometimes transactions disappear after reconciliation, so have to dig through and find out what happened.

Nelson M.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Great Business Card!

Reviewed on 2016/06/30

This has been one of the best pre paid business cards that I have used. The software dashboard is very easy to use and is clear and precise. I like the ability to control all aspects of spending for additional card holders as well.

Jaymee C.

Reviewed on 2017/02/09

Easy to set up and get going. We have employees come and go and it's simple to set them up and cancel. We can track expenses easily and our guys on the field can do what they need to do right away and so can our office manager. Helps save time which in terms helps us not loose money. We can service our customers right away. Thanks

Benjamin R.

Easy way to be in control of your cash

Reviewed on 2016/05/25

We use Bento to give our three employees the purchasing power they need to efficiently run day to day. It works pretty well as far as the interface being simple to use and easy to fund.

Response from Bento for Business

Thanks Benjamin! We really appreciate the kind words and review. Thanks for being a valued Bento customer!

Carl V.

BRS Bento Business Card

Reviewed on 2017/02/08

Bento for Business gives us control over the small expenses that would otherwise slip through the cracks and not get credited properly. The process of opening and maintaining our Bento account was and is seamless. I would recommend Bento for Business without hesitation.

Kevin P.

A "must-have" business tool

Reviewed on 2016/06/01

This exceeds our expectation for flexibility and control of our expense spending. Thank you