FasterNotes

Industry: Individual & Family Services
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Fast and easy

Reviewed on 2019/03/09

Pros

I love how fast and easy this app makes tasks.

Cons

I like least that the format and layout is plain

Hannah K.

Best Decision

Reviewed on 2014/08/27
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Besides being the most effective product that we have found on the market, it is definitely a bang for your buck. This software replaces so many daily procedures that were an absolute waste of time looking back. I now understand that we are saving money vs spending. In addition to that, their customer service is spot on, and the staff is pleasant, which is rare (unfortunately, we are accustomed to robots or robot-like customer service). The product is just a walk in the park in terms of ease of use. It also seems that my staff is much happier now. A lot of pressure has been relieved, and a bigger sense of understanding has been instilled.

Cons

I personally cannot give a valid answer to this. We have not came across problems yet. We would not have chosen this product and vendor if we saw any negatives or red flags. If something comes up, I will definitely update my review.

Marsha D.

Do Your Research Before Getting This SW

Reviewed on 2016/10/27
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

This sw is rudimentary at best. It has limited features when compared to other products and it is evident that the developer's knowledge of CMS requirements are very limited. A good example is trying to figure out what information to provide them for facility identification, we had to call another sw provider because Fasternotes tech support didn't know what information we should provide them.
The sw has a way of hanging up or becoming unresponsive with continued use even in a very strong internet environment. This makes doing an OASIS a nightmare.
Regarding tech support, there appears to be only one individual who does this job and there are days when they have meetings so if you are in a bind and need someone you have to wait until they are done with their meetings.
Also please note that in the contract, there is a limit to the number of technical support calls you can make, otherwise they will want you to start paying for additional tech support.
You are unable to document notes at the point of service with this sw as it can only be accessed via the internet so clinicians will have to the notes on paper and then transfer to the sw which is really double duty.
Many of our clinicians note that the sw is not initiative and the features are extremely limited.

Pros

The contract is flexible and you are not tied into a 1-2 year long contract

Response from Cherise

Thank you for your feedback! We are so sorry that your experience with FasterNotes was less than satisfying.

Limited Features:

Unfortunately, the free trial account you signed up for gave you usage of the software, free of charge, until you received Medicare billing privileges. This was part of a promotion from January 2016 which limited features based on the basic needs of a pre-survey agency. Agencies that signed up to this account type always had the option of upgrading to a paid account if they wanted the full suite of features FasterNotes offers. The terms of the free trial account type are discussed in depth at demo and clearly indicated in the service agreement.

Agency Identifying Information:

As part of basic account set up procedures with any software, customers are responsible for entering the correct identifying information in their company settings to ensure the successful transmission of claims, OASIS export files and HH-CAHPS data. It is out of the FasterNotes support scope of practice to make judgment determinations regarding the purpose of label-less identification numbers, as they often vary from state to state and intermediary to intermediary.

Limited Support Instances:

Just like in any other SAAS company, free trials have limited support availability. Free trial account users are limited to one full training session for all office staff, one full training session for all field staff, both of which are recorded and sent to the customer, and up to 20 follow up support sessions. Paid account types have access to unlimited phone and email support. At FasterNotes we do our best to accommodate to all customers and place great emphasis on providing an exceptional customer service experience.

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Torrie B.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Best software for our business

Reviewed on 2016/08/18

Fasternotes has been so great for our business. We've improved all of our in office processes and are finally organized and know exactly what's going on at all times.

Pros

The authorizations tracking page is the best thing ever. The program automatically creates authorization records for us so we don't forget about any patient. This has been the easiest tool for us since Illinois has switched to the new Medicare Prior Authorization program. Fasternotes does most of the job for us.

Cons

I really don't have any complaints at this time. The software has worked great for us and the customer support staff is incredible.

Tara B.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Different in a good way!

Reviewed on 2017/01/19
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I am really impressed with the layout, functionality, and performance of Fasternotes. I really liked the software from the first demo because it was so different from all of the other software companies I demoed. First, think I noticed was a lack of clutter. The pages display everything you need to see for a quick look and don't overwhelm you. Very simple sorting in the patient list, claims page, orders, etc. makes it extremely easy to be efficient. You don't spend a lot of time searching for anything. Everything is right in front of you. The training was easy and helpful and I was able to easily get started afterward.

Pros

Easy processes and very simple and self-explanatory movement around the software. NOT cluttered!

Cons

I would have given a score of 10 out of 10 if Fasternotes had an internal messaging system. It doesn't cause that big of an issue, but it would be just that more convenient to be able to send out a message to field staff within the program.

Jonathan T.
Industry: Public Safety
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Nice software!

Reviewed on 2018/11/12
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

First its very easy to use, second it make my work organize, and mos specially this made us a paperless office which is a great help for us a retail industry. Nice software it really do a great job

Cons

I don't have any complain or negative comment with this software it is worth buying. I highly recommend it.

Myra R.

Completely Automated HR

Reviewed on 2016/03/30
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

I was able to pick up additional tasks to help out in the office because my main job was HR and Fasternotes does all of the HR tracking for me. I'm able to help out some of my other coworkers with the intake because of the time I saved because of the HR features. Fasternotes makes it so easy to enter patients and check eligibility. After I save the patients information, I'm prompted automatically to the next step of the intake process. So easy. Why doesn't everyone do this?

Cons

There are a couple tasks that aren't fully automated yet but the support staff was able to offer simple solutions like just switching the order in which I complete a process so I can account for the program not doing everything for me automatically. I didn't notice any kind of increase in my time spent on tasks.

Vincent T.

Keeps me organized

Reviewed on 2016/04/05
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

The patient list, to do list, order tracking, and patient chart keep me thoroughly organized throughout the day. I can see exactly what I need to do for each task very clearly, every day. I don't have to search or open multiple windows and tabs just to find out something about a patient. All of the processes and tasks are clear and simple. We used to have Kinnser and it was a nightmare trying to figure out how to do the simplest things. Fasternotes is extremely user friendly.

Cons

Definitely looking forward to the new feature updates like the medication library and new mobile application. The updates I've seen so far are amazing so I'm excited for the others to finally come out.

Laurie S.

Great for Monitoring the Progress of My Business

Reviewed on 2016/03/30
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Fasternotes makes it extremely easy to monitor the progress of all of my companies tasks for all of my field staff and office staff. I am able to log in and see exactly how much work every employee has to complete for the day. The best part, I don't have to print a paper report to see what needs to be done. I can filter and sort all of my pages and get the information I need immediately. I don't even have to open up a second window or jump to another page to see the information.

Cons

The billing tracking and reconciliation could use some work. I've submitted suggestions for improvements and have actually seen some of those suggestions implemented. Fasternotes is very quick with solutions and updates for us. We're looking forward to the new updates.

Jon W.
Industry: Computer Software

Health practice management

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2019/07/02

Pros

It basics a full software suite of billing, eligibility, payroll, auth mgmt, scheduling, and hr tools in one software made for the health practice world. Give it a look over as it has the more software esque approach of a MBO.

Cons

I think the ui can be much nicer, it's getting there but can be a lot nicer

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Gizelle L.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

This software product is extremely rudimentary.

Reviewed on 2017/07/19

Learning what to avoid in our next sw system and how to choose a good system going forward.

Pros

I can not find a Pro for this sw.
Our clinical staff scream constantly when using this sw. Seriously! Their comments are not fit for this post.

Cons

It freezes up all the time and the clinicians have to start over multiple times because they lose their notes and there is no way to retrieve them.
It has features that makes no sense, for example, if a clinical creates a note and chooses the incorrect note type- SOC instead of SN visit, they have to delete the completed notes and start all over.
There is no flow to the sw workflow, you have to click out of every page to get to another page in the sw.
There is only one individual who does technical support and she is only available at certain times. When they have a meeting, there is no one there to help.
The SW stopped working for a whole day while we were having our survey and the response was that there was nothing they can do about it.
They are on PST, so if you are on the east coast it can be a nightmare when there are technical issue.
You will call the only technical person available to report issues and your complaints are constantly dismissed, even when you have the clinical staff emailing them to tell them that the sw is a nightmare.
In all honesty, I would never recommend this sw! Please avoid it if you can. It is not worth the complaints of your staff.

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Lauren S.

Love the Order Tracking

Reviewed on 2016/04/05
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

The order tracking page is my favorite page of Fasternotes. They've thought about absolutely everything! They have built in cover sheets for each physician order package with the options to fax, email, print, or download. Most of our physician's prefer fax and in 10 seconds I can fax all of the orders pending signatures. If I need to mail, I can print the order package and the cover sheet has fold lines and the address labels that fit perfectly into a 2 window envelope. All I have to do is stamp and drop it in the mailbox. Sending orders takes about 10 minutes a day for me now.

Cons

I'd like a better internal communication system so I can send messages to field staff more efficiently. I'm looking forward to the new chat system with all the bells and whistles.

Analise M.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Easy for office and clinicians to use

Reviewed on 2017/04/07
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Very easy for office staff and clinicians to use the software. The previous software we had was very difficult for the field staff to use. They like fasternotes much more because the program will automatically add the documents they need to complete when they enter their visit details. This makes it very easy for them because they can just go to their To Do List when they need to finish pending work.

Cons

Would like automatic notifications for the field staff to let them know when their credentials are expired or are about to expire.

Peter H.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Intuitive Home Health software with everything you need.

Reviewed on 2014/08/12
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Navigating the program is self-explanatory and very intuitive. I have worked on many other systems, and it seems that FasterNotes is the most user-friendly. I love their customer support. My staff calls and chats with them any time of day or night. They are very helpful and train us in the process of any questions. If we have any questions, their help page has many how to videos on every process.

Cons

Setting up our eligibility check took about a month to implement. There is no one to call on weekends on the phone. You can only reach customer support by chat. We work most weekends, and it would be a nice addition that would help us out.

Allison B.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Actually made by home health care people

Reviewed on 2014/08/15
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

This is the first home health care software I've used that's actually designed by people who work in home health care, and you can really tell! The previous software I used was like a makeshift QuickBooks, and a lot of the features didn't really fit with or work for home health issues. With FasterNotes' design, we never have to print or hunt through reports to find important patient information, which saves my HHA a ton of time. The product really works well with both Medicare and private insurance, too, and it's logically formatted for these. Plus, the HHA I work at is large, and you don't have to pay more money for more users, so I like that we're not penalized for growing as an agency. The staffing features also make the staffer's job much more streamlined.

Cons

I don't have any complaints. We should have switched sooner.

Meghan M.

Helpful Home Health Software

Reviewed on 2016/03/14
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

This is solid Home Health software. It has everything an agency might need. The tabs (which have sub-tabs) are: Productivity, which has a super helpful 'To-Do' list, Patients, where all of the information on patients and their schedules can be found, Network, where an agency can find list of workers, insurance companies and more, Financial, where it is easy to invoice and keep track of payments, Documents, for all the various forms you will need and use, Admin, which helps a company customize the software to their needs, Reports, for reports and Help, for (you guessed it) help. All of these functions come in handy for our agency.

Cons

I guess i wish it was a bit more customize-able, for things like background, color, font size, but other than that , it is really quite helpful software.

Ani V.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Easy even for people who aren't good with computers

Reviewed on 2014/08/12
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

I switched my agency to this program after years with Synergy. Although I'm very computer savvy, my clinical and field staff are not, and I was very nervous about switching to a point of care system. I was very happy with the process. They provide a three-day training session, but the training was done in two days. The third day was for the people who needed extra help. They also helped set up our company, including some data conversion. Overall, the transition was very smooth, and my staff was well trained at the end. There are also lots of help videos, and customer support is really great because they really know what they're talking about.

Cons

We had to wait 4 weeks for a scheduled in-office training. We were hoping to have it sooner. It worked out well because it helped with the transition from Synergy and allowed us to have most of our nurses at the training, but we wanted to start using it faster.

Mathew K.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Great features

Reviewed on 2016/10/17

We really love using Fasternotes. It has kept us up to date on absolutely everything including documentation and following up on field staff completion of documentation.

Pros

To Do List, Order Tracking, and Authorizations page are some of my favorite features within the program. These features keep us very organized and on top of our time sensitive documentation and tracking.

Cons

No complaints so far. We've been using the program for 6 months.

Celeste S.

Diamond in the rough

Reviewed on 2014/09/11
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

From the first time we saw FasterNotes, we knew it would make all of our jobs easier. Our office was looking for new software to switch to and demoed quite a few others, out of all of our demos, FasterNotes just made the most sense. The staff at Fasternotes takes the time to explain every detail to you about home health, and how fasternotes will make every process simpler. They are beyond helpful.

Cons

We love everything about our new home health software so far. FasterNotes leaves nothing to dislike! Seriously, they are even currently working on adding a feature for us specifically.

Tina M.

Simple Software to Use

Reviewed on 2016/11/03
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Fasternotes is a very simple software to use for all of our office processes. We really like the prompted intake process, to do list, and order tracking. Our biller is very fond of the simple EDI downloads for all of our insurances. The program is very transparent so we can see exactly what needs to be done next. The patient list outlines all of our major milestones throughout the episode and that is very easy to filter and sort to narrow down tasks that are still incomplete.

Pros

Very happy with the features provided and the easy organization of all of our completed, pending, and incomplete tasks.

Cons

There is no offline version that our field staff would really benefit from.

Eddie H.

Fantastic Home Health Software

Reviewed on 2016/01/28

FasterNotes simplified and accelerated our day to day needs for billing, staffing and tracking. Even the most old school, least tech-savvy members of our staff were able to understand and use it, even though we still need to show Helen how to open it (just double click on the logo on your desktop, Helen, Haha). Seriously though, this system keeps all of us on the same page, and helps us keep our in-office communication flowing smoothly.
I sometimes wish it had a more colorful background or maybe a built-in screensaver, but that is just a superficial/entertainment personal desire. As far as functionality, our office hasn't really found anything to complain about, i will update my review if i find problems or something buggy later, but so far, so good.
For Home Health providers and companies, this product has the most features, is the easiest to use and provides the user with flexible options and helpful support. Look at similar products, check out their features, pricing and ease of use, we did, and FasterNotes met our every need. Check out the demo, talk to the company if you have any questions, they are helpful and knowledgeable. Compare it to other programs as we did, because it's best to make an informed decision, but we have no regrets about choosing FasterNotes over others.

Sharon D.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Organized all of our office tasks

Reviewed on 2016/06/20
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

The tools in this software have organized our office tasks so we don't have to keep separate spreadsheets or anything to track what we've done and what we still have to do. Our QA can work from home and is able to follow up on all of the field staff and their documentation from the to do list and communicates with the field staff from the documents correction request. Saves everyone a lot of time.

Cons

We don't have some automated features that would make our use of the software even easier like the eligibility auto checks and we still have to use some manual processes for our medication reconciliation. We've been assured these features are coming this year.

Albert K.

Great Features, A Little Tough To Use

Reviewed on 2017/01/20
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I like all of the features provided by this software. Organizes everything for us and the pages are all workable lists. I don't have to print off many reports to understand when documents haven't been submitted or when billing needs to be done. I can go to each page and check pretty easily. It did take some getting used to as it's nothing like the software we used to have in the office. I like how everything is laid out and it's very easy to see all of the information I need. also really like the dashboard feature because I can access when I want to and it doesn't clog up my screen when I need to use the program to work. Our other software would pop up all of the dashboard items and I would have to close out of them every time I logged in just to be able to see the navigation panels.

Pros

Very organized and simple layouts with all the information I need without printing reports.

Cons

Was had to use at first.

Harry N.

Tracking made easy

Reviewed on 2017/04/19
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

The trackable pages are easily the best feature of Fasternotes. So easy for us to track our orders and documents by using the order tracking page or the to do list. We started using the authorizations page and Fasternotes automatically creates tracking records for us. All we have to do is mark when we've completed the authorization steps. Very easy and very user friendly for all of our office staff. Our field staff also like that the program will automatically attach the required documentation when they add their visits making it really easy for them to know which documents to complete.

Cons

No offline feature for the field staff when they're in the patient's home. Other than that, the program has been really great for the agency's organization.

Julia R.

Helps with compliance

Reviewed on 2014/09/12
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

I like the details they throw in to keep us compliant. I really like the 485 format because it's easy to read, and I like that most of the 485 prefills from the OASIS. They have a lot of details that make things easier and keep you on top of Medicare rules.

Cons

They update every couple of weeks, so there's always something new. It's a good thing because there's always new stuff, but when big processes change, you have to get used to it. There are plenty of videos, and usually a customer service person calls to make an appointment to explain any big updates. I guess it's a give and take because you always get a better version.