AestheticsPro

Secure medical spa software solution

Kathy L.

Clunky and Buggy

Reviewed on 2020/07/23

Pros

My practice has used Aesthetics Pro for over 6 months now. While it is certainly an upgrade from pen and paper (what we used before!) I wish we had chosen a different software altogether. Because the upfront on-boarding is so cumbersome, it will be difficult to switch platforms now. From the beginning, the user experience has not been great. Having patients complete forms through their "portal" on an iPad is a frequent source of frustration for our clients. Additionally, if they forget to hit the obscure "save" button at the bottom, the system does not save the forms. Their customer service, which we need to use often due to bugs in their platform, is defensive and not client-oriented. For the past two weeks, we have been unable to modify staff schedules in the system so our front desk has had to keep track of schedules using pen and paper. When we tried to elevate this issue, we were told by a senior account liaison that this issue was not an "urgent matter". The main reason we got Aesthetics Pro was for their scheduling capability, so it's hard to image what kind of issue would be more urgent. Avoid this software at all cost!

Cons

Not user-friendly for staff or patients. Customer service is not client-oriented. Software often has bugs that limit functionality. Features are not very dynamic or customizable.

Response from AestheticsPro Online

Hi Kathy,
We apologize you're unhappy with AestheticsPro. We want to ensure proper use of our product allowing you to grow your business as so many other Medical Spas have.
We see that your onboarding session is still available, we strongly recommend completing this important first step. Upon account activation, we provide unlimited access to training videos, 1 hour onboarding session, 2- 30 minute Q&A sessions, & unlimited access to the support ticketing system with additional training available upon request. We'd love to get some time scheduled.
We understand the staff scheduling issue has been resolved. Regarding the iPad issue, we apologize for taking longer than it should have. Senior Management is aware and we'll ensure prompt resolution is taken. Your account liaison did advocate on your behalf and provided a discount.
Our success is dependent on your success. Please reach out directly with future issues or questions.
Sincerely,
The AestheticsPro Team

Carla W.

Using Aesthetics Pro Online

Reviewed on 2020/06/30

So far we have had a pretty good experience. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and I have spent a lot of time with the support videos and the support Tickets to

Pros

we really like the way it can track the products ands services used by clients. They may purchase a large amount product but only use it a little at a time. This system lets us know what they have remaining in a concise and efficient way.

Cons

That there is no App for iPad or iPhone.

Response from AestheticsPro Online

Thank you Carla!

Deirdre G.

Love everyone and most things about Aesthetics Pro

Reviewed on 2020/06/26

The process has been great! [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is a life saver and regularly talks me off a ledge as I implement this program. Today I had an extremely thorough training with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and he was so kind and helpful in helping me find work arounds for our business here.

Pros

That you have ALMOST everything I need in one place minus a few key things

Cons

Appt colors - I need free reign
Membership features are lacking - subscription is just a payment plan
Taking items out of inventory is a problem unless you want to give every member of staff full access and i do not - I want multiple services to be able to draw from the same pool of product
The access you need to perform necessary functions crosses over with things we don't want people to have access to
Tracking back bar items

Response from AestheticsPro Online

Thank you Deirdre! Keep an eye out for memberships - we are working on some updates for 2020!

-AestheticsPro Team

Luis M.
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Getting the most out of AP software

Reviewed on 2020/04/27

Pros

AP Addresses many of our needs, however as we move forward in the development of our systems we have run into inadequacies in zincing with AP. The CS team, however is always looking at different ways or go arounds to the software as AP continues to enhance it's interface of the different mechanics of the software.

Cons

The limited API interface with merchant service systems

Response from AestheticsPro Online

Thank you Luis! Always appreciate your insight!

-AestheticsPro Team

Brittany H.

I like it so far

Reviewed on 2020/03/14

So far so good we have not implemented it yet

Pros

I like the E Records, and the digital rewards system

Cons

I am unable to create packages for products and cannot create my own forms

Response from AestheticsPro Online

Thank you Brittany! If you have any questions as you get implemented do not be shy about reaching out to our Support Team or your Account Manager!

Best regards,

Korey V.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Very user friendly and easily customizable to specific business needs.

Reviewed on 2018/05/23

Easy access for our doctor to sign off on charts, easy communication/scheduling between team and clients.

Pros

Internet based software that allows virtual signing of documents anywhere, online file storage, 24 hour ticket support, easy access to account manager, online client portal, accessibility to online and supported training of software, auto appointment reminder emails, control over level of users, employee time clock, multiple calendars, easy reporting

Cons

inability to self-upload specific client forms that are not available in built in form selection, some inconsistencies in programing (specifically in search bar no auto tab to next box), only a few options of merchant companies that integrate.

Response from AestheticsPro Online

Thank you Korey!

Tharon H.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

My experience with this system has been very positive. I learn more and more each day .

Reviewed on 2017/08/28

EHR , scheduling, marketing, photo storage, system automation,

Pros

This is an all inclusive system that includes EHR, Marketing, Client Portal and ability to import and store before and after photos. I especially like that you can assign a time to a service, assign all consents, intake forms, and treatment records to the service. You can embed a link to the client portal on your website and new and old clients can self schedule via the portal. It will automatically send them the appropriate forms automatically and they can complete them... saving you a ton of time when they arrive for the consultation/treatment. This is one of the most cost effective solutions out there. The training is done via 4 videos. The system is a little different for some and it takes a bit to "think" like it does. You can always request training on a topic and customer service is great.

Response from AestheticsPro Online

We are very happy to hear about your experience Tharon! If you ever need additional training to enhance your daily use just let us know! -AestheticsPro Team

Diana R.

Outdated software with extremely poor support

Reviewed on 2021/03/31

Poor experience all around, still waiting two months to be able to get my data exported from them and paid for this over a month ago!!

Pros

There were more things wrong than right with this software, poor tech support for starters! They email you through the software, and do not reach out directly, which days days and the issues were almost never resolved. We were constantly experiencing issues with appointments that were booked, and technical issues with the application that impacted our day-to-day business. Upon deciding to move to another software company, I cannot even express how painful the process is to obtain your data export from Aesthetics Pro! Paid over a month ago, initiated the process two months ago,...still waiting.....horrible service! I am told my request is "in queue and there are four other projects ahead of mine." My company has to suffer with read-only or otherwise be forced to pay full price while AP holds our data hostage. Highly DO NOT recommend, worst experience in my 20+ years in the industry.

Cons

Tech Support was completely useless. They only respond via email within the software, taking days to end and receive responses. By the time you finally hear back from someone, the issue is either not important anymore, or you just had to move on with day to day business. You then have to suffer through more days of annoying pop ups for these emails until they finally close out the ticket. It is truly a non service!

Response from AestheticsPro Online

Diana, as you are aware we require all support be provided through the software to ensure the highest level of HIPAA compliance. As well, the delay on your data export was related to your continued use of the software as we will not export data from an active environment so we can ensure there is no data gap. We take your ePHI very seriously and that is why these protocols are in place.

We want to thank you for your candid review, and your short tenure as a client. We apologize that our software ultimately was not a good fit for your business.

-AestheticsPro Team

Missy R.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

New User-still working my way through

Reviewed on 2019/10/07

I am a start-up which is different that moving to it from another software. So far I like it a lot. I would pay $500 for someone to set it all up with me though. Like a zoom screen share type of thing. Where instead of watching a video, which is fine, I would have someone tutor me for 3-4 hours to make sure I know what I'm doing. But I may be a special case.

Pros

I like the comprehensiveness of it. I like that it's cloud based... except that the phone company hasn't hooked up the phones yet. :-(

Cons

I wish there were another level of purchase for small clinics with three users instead of 2. Bc as soon as I add one more user, the price doubles.

Response from AestheticsPro Online

Missy, we will have an Account Manager reach out to provide information on training! We absolutely offer sharescreen sessions to help you learn the system more thoroughly and in a guided manner.

Ellen M.

Great Product!!!!

Reviewed on 2016/08/30

The overall experience from Sales to Training has been great. The transition from our sales person to our account manager was amazing. They were always on top of things to make sure we were taken care of. We really like how they do training videos, that way it works around our schedule. Their features are everything we have wanted in our office, we even get some free marketing emails too!! Highly recommend Aesthetics Pro!!

Pros

The marketing features, easy checkout process, being able to watch training videos on our schedule versus having to take time out of our busy day to schedule trainings, the attentiveness of their team, being able to quickly get our questions answered when we do have them, and their E-Records! I could go on and on, I am so glad we found Aesthetics Pro Online!

Cons

Not really a con, but I wish there was a "waiting list" feature. Like a list of patients that would be able to come in on a no show or cancellation. Right now we just have our own office protocol, but this one would make it even easier!

Response from AestheticsPro Online

Thank you very much Ellen for all of your feedback. We genuinely appreciate working with you and we are very are happy to be a crucial part of your growing spa!

Benny H.

Good product but still with some flaws

Reviewed on 2019/07/13

Pros

Customer support is great. They answer your questions with in hours.
Financial and administrative reports are really good.
The interface is fairly easy to use.
Love that it is a one shop fully integrative product that takes care of all of my needs

Cons

Somewhat expensive
Client portal not intuitive
Sending email blasts are very expensive after exceeding your limit
Very hard to integrate online appointments

Response from AestheticsPro Online

Thank you Dr. Hau! It is always a pleasure to hear from you. (We do want to clarify that the Client Portal is free at the Enterprise Plus level.)
-AestheticsPro Team

Jennifer S.

Many years of use and only gets better!

Reviewed on 2018/06/27

I love this software for our medical spa. It gets better every year. I have been using it for about 7 years. I love it!

Pros

Handles everything, very cost effective, you do get a lot for your money, support is very responsive.

Cons

The support team is sometimes a little hard to communicate with. (software engineers!) The marketing section is not as good as constant contact, so I haven't given it up.

Response from AestheticsPro Online

Thank you Jennifer!

-AestheticsPro Team

Malorie G.
  • Used Other for Free Trial

Superb

Reviewed on 2019/05/15

So far we have only experienced phone calls, a fun demonstration, and passed emails back and fourth, but I have had a great experience with AestheticsPro. I am hoping all works out and we end up with them, but if we don't, take my word for it, they are AMAZING! You would not be disappointed!

Pros

Everything! There are so many favorites right now so lets see, I liked the mere fact that you cannot book one machine at the same time. We have 1 hydra facial machine and when I book one Aesthetician under it, the fact that their scheduling won't allow me to book the other at the same time with that one machine is amazing. Yes, I am old fashioned and that impresses me. We don't use this software yet, but are highly thinking on it. I love the design and layout and the customer service is unheard of. They are very professional and so sweet above anything else.

Cons

The only thing is the patient portal is something I don't think we would ever utilize and that is okay. To each their own right? The good news is, we don't have to! I am also hoping we can see patients future/upcoming appointments as it is a big thing in our office with our sweet patients!

Response from AestheticsPro Online

Thank you Malorie! If you ever change your mind about the Client Portal let us know - we will be happy to set up some training!
-AestheticsPro Team

Monique L.

Overall Great Program!

Reviewed on 2019/07/21

Pros

The set up of the program was very straightforward and the training videos were spot on for guiding you through the process. The account specialists was also very helpful with answering all of my questions, and was super patient with me and all my questions!

Cons

The only thing I wished for was for Aesthetics Pro to have training videos specific to training estheticians and providers on how to navigate through the program. The videos for training focus a lot on the admin set up and are long (which were great for me as the admin) but I would like for shorter videos to train my staff.

Response from AestheticsPro Online

Thank you Monique. We will discuss updated videos with our training team regarding making them provider/esthetician oriented, this is a great idea!

Have a great day,

Elisabeth S.

Review of My Aesthetics Pro

Reviewed on 2019/10/15

Pros

The software is user-friendly. It is very easy to setup client profiles.

Cons

They offer no onsite training, which would make learning the product much easier/faster.

Response from AestheticsPro Online

Thank you Elisabeth! While we do not offer onsite training we do have sharescreen sessions available at your convenience, we will have an Account Manager reach out to discuss such options.

Have a great day!

Melissa G.
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Great Customer service

Reviewed on 2019/12/06

I had an amazing experience with Austin. He was very helpful with getting our inventory straight. he was very thourough and patient with me. He is top notch with customer service. If I needed to rate him I would say 10 ++++

Pros

overall I like the way the sytem is . There is not anything that stands out the most to me.

Cons

That I can not edit and existing invoice. so if a client is pre paying, I have no way to adjust the invoice to add the product once the patient comes in for the service.

Response from AestheticsPro Online

Thank you Melissa! Remember if you are building out a client's purchase before they arrive you can always use our QUOTE feature that is able to edited and then converted into an invoice!

-AestheticsPro Team

Tarina r D.

Aesthetics pro review

Reviewed on 2019/03/06

Great, easy to use and better than most of the other Med spas softwares out there. I demo’ed all of them. Their support is really the best.

Pros

Comprehensive and allows you to organize and collect info on patients all in one chart, record injections directly by drawing on an image, electronic intake and consent forms, online booking, client portal, loyalty points and membership capabilities, cloud based so you can access from anywhere.

Cons

Sometimes the forms have glitches that don’t allow the clients to fill them out properly. Photo storing option is not the best.

Response from AestheticsPro Online

Thank you very much! Please let us know anytime you run into these glitches so we can resolve! Have a great day!

-AestheticsPro Team

Kelly F.

New Aesthetics Pro user

Reviewed on 2020/04/12

Still in the setup phase. So hard to set up as the records do not transfer over. I think the software will be good for my business and the support has been really good.

Pros

Electronic Medical records. Patient record forms

Cons

The calendar layout. It's so hard to navigate and does not show the entire calendar for a full week. I currently use Booker software and I have the capability of viewing an entire weeks appointments on one screen allowing me to see my available open appointments. APro does not have this and takes me several minutes to do the same thing I can do in 2 seconds in Booker software. This is very counter productive. This is the number one thing that kept me from switching over to APro for so long. Also, there needs to be a simplified way to be alerted that a client has booked an appointment online.

Response from AestheticsPro Online

Thank you Kelly, you will contacted by an Account Liaison to discuss our different calendar view options to best suit your needs!

Best regards,

Alexa M.

Topaz

Reviewed on 2019/11/06

Very helpful and resolved our issue with topaz not working quickly and effectively

Pros

straight forward easy to understand. didnt take to much time to fix the issue we were having with our topaz signature pad not working

Cons

Did not really have any problems regarding the software

Response from AestheticsPro Online

Thank you Alexa!

-AestheticsPro Team

Deja S.

reports review

Reviewed on 2019/10/30

Pros

ease of use and access to completed documents already- ie consents, documentation etc

Cons

I wish there were videos or documents written on what all the software offers and how to use it. Ex. marketing and reports tab

Response from AestheticsPro Online

Thank you Deja! We will have your Account Manager reach out to you with some of our training resources, as we do have videos available for self-guided learning!

Have a great day,

Julia V.
  • Industry: Sporting Goods

Clunky software, poor customer service, having major regrets

Reviewed on 2018/10/02

Save your self! Search for a different company.

Pros

I like that you can upload pictures and do echarting.

Cons

I strongly dislike their customer service. Every time I have a question for the setup the account manager send me tons of information and expects a small business owner to read a bibles worth of material. Wait for it...it gets better. The customer service phone number only takes messages. So if you have any questions or are stuck, your progress will be delayed. Other software companies have their FAQ's listed on their portals. They have screen shots and they populate easily on Google. Also our current company that we are working with has an awesome customer service line that you can call and their staff is so well trained. Switching in this aspect has been a disappointment to say the least. We are paying more now for extra features but I am not sure that I would have made the same choice had I known what I know now. All I can do now is share my reviews everywhere for any small business owner like myself to be aware. The setup is a night mare which was expected when you are customizing your own platform. My recommendation to this company is to hire more people and train them so well that your clients are not tempted to seek a different platform. We are even thinking about eliminating this transition and sticking with our old company.

Response from AestheticsPro Online

Julie,

Thank you so much for taking the time to speak with me today to discuss some of your issues with the software and concern you had to date. I am happy we were able to find some middle ground and achieve a solution you are happy with! I look forward to speaking with you in the future, and if you need anything please feel free to reach out - Eric Haugland, Account Management Director.

Audrey J.

AestheticsPro Review

Reviewed on 2020/06/11

Overall, the software is good. It does make things easier than our previous paper charting system.

Pros

Scheduling is a breeze. Entering in patient information is very easy. The invoices are very helpful and pulling reports to evaluate profits/sales is great.

Cons

If you have giftcards and a credit card machine that are not integrated with AestheticsPro, it can be confusing and difficult to navigate and set up. Ease of access is relatively ok, but it can be difficult to locate specific information or takes multiple steps to get there.

Response from AestheticsPro Online

Thank you Audrey!

-AestheticsPro Team

Holly B.

Reviewed on 2019/07/26

Pros

It has a LOT of features. It does make the business run smoother overall.

Cons

There is no app. Scheduling appointments from our phones are DIFFICULT
There are a few features it doesn’t offer - there’s a lot of manual work that has to be done. For example, entering a discount code for each promo or if we run a BOGO1/2 special on product, it’s difficult to input and still a great deal of math we have to do.

Response from AestheticsPro Online

Thank you Holly!

Suzi S.

The support team is always friendly and quickly available.

Reviewed on 2018/05/23

Pros

I love the function of being able to keep a variety of forms, send messages, marketing emails, pull reports, and the new Book Now feature is nice

Cons

I there was more flexibility with the marketing emails. The button can only be green which doesn't fit the esthetics of the brand for my company. I also wish I could have more options with fonts, etc within the marketing emails.

Response from AestheticsPro Online

Thank you Suzi!

Erin S.

Very please

Reviewed on 2020/04/29

Pros

I am so glad I switched over from patient now this software is user friendly.

Cons

I have been very pleased with aesthetic pro the staff is friendly and ready to help I don’t have any cons to say.

Response from AestheticsPro Online

Thank you Erin!

-AestheticsPro Team