Azuga Fleet

4,1
Steve F.

Azuga Fleet Value

Reviewed on 2018/12/27

Our relationship with Azuga has been positive from day ONE. When we have had an issue, they are handled it quickly and professionally. A superior company to work with - they make their customers feel valued (unlike others in the industry that require long terms contracts that automatically renew).

Pros

The product from Azuga is the most valuable on the market. Even though it is very reasonably priced, the features offered from Azuga are far more valuable than its price. We have used competitive products, but Azuga - by far - is the best value for the money. Cannot recommend a product of this type any higher.

Cons

nothing - we have had no issues with the product and no complaints. Customer service is outstanding.

Response from Azuga

Thanks Steve. Glad to know is Azuga is working well for you.

Francis V.

Azuga daily use

Reviewed on 2019/12/13

How fast people travel, fast starts, hard stops, miles driven. I hope marketing has 100’s of thousands of modules in stock so when Oregon starts up the program they will be available so you don’t get caught with your pants down! Suggest that when you send out the monthly statements you can get a stripped down version as well day to day 5 pager. A one pager with a roll up and include what’s left in the bank as well. Francis

Pros

Easy to use, works in the back ground with no worries. Badges have changed my driving style. No more jack rabbit stares and try to avoid hard braking except when someone cuts you off. Daily run down shows how much the additional use will be approx 30 cents daily less than a soda. Map really shows the intersections to be more careful at. Showing how much gas I waste waiting at very long intersections and RR crossings is a wake up call. Staff answers when I quiz the system are spot on! VERY EASY to add money when the bank is low. I honestly think when Oregon goes to OREGO next year Azuga will get the lions share of the business except those like my older 4Runner that has OB1 outlet and doesn’t report info except for blinking lights. Hope you also come up with a module for OB1 vehicles as well!

Cons

When our daughters car is below 12.3 volts I get a repeated warning. They could tweak that lower. Les Schwab shows it is a good battery and alternator. Never does it in the summer only winter cold days. NOTE the module could be trimmed down a few mm. Our 2016 Focus is 1/8 to big and door keeps popping open. Fixed that by screwing the door closed. Also when the dealer checks the car, disconnecting the module is annoying. Fixed that too. Put a splitter so the module is not disconnected. Also I have State Farm module that pretty much does the sale thing yours does to get reduced insurance, progressive does the same thing. HEY why not combine your program with insurance companies so you can share the same module and same information so you don’t have to to buy a splitter so both can share the info.

Chris C.
Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

So many better options out there.

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2020/08/21

All sales, no service. I'm confident that the positive reviews for this company are fake or first time tracking device users and simply don't know any better. Make your own decision about using their service, but I urge everyone to simply hang up on them when you get the cold call sales pitch.

Pros

The sales pitch was spot on. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] said everything he needed to say to get us to leave GPS Insight after 3 years of great service. He offered everything we were already getting but also added in a maintenance tracking package, plus came in $8 per device cheaper. That money adds up quickly when you run a large fleet.

Cons

You cannot create hierarchies for different types of vehicles throughout different markets or regions. If you want to filter for all of the vehicles in one market, you can't do it. If you want to filter for one type of vehicle across multiple markets, you can't do it. We were offered a 30 ping rate at standard pricing, it wasn't written in the contract so I assumed that was their standard ping rate; it is for Fleet Complete and many others. While installing and initializing the device, I found out that their standard ping rate is 2 minutes and it is an additional $2 per device, per month charge for 30 seconds. It took over 30 days and multiple emails and phone calls to get the 30 second ping rate and that was only after I told them I was canceling the service. I had the original sales call recorded and it's good I did because they tried the, "it's not in writing, so we don't know what was offered to you". It was only after I emailed them that I was canceling the service that they seemed to actually care and escalated my concern, prior to that it was always, "I let the propper team know and they are working on it". The contract stated that I had a 60 day trial period and could cancel during that time if I notified them of an issue and they failed to fix the problem within 14 days. As stated before, it was a month of them not fixing the problem and now they want to charge a $100 per device early termination fee. I will continue to fight this and will not be paying that fee.

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Tiffany B.

Look Elsewhere, Contracts, Fees, Bad Software

Reviewed on 2020/08/13

Only 4 months in I sent an email completely disappointed with service stating that I felt lied to by the sales team and that I would not recommend their services. We have left Azuga at the end of the 2 Year term due to non functioning software and now they are trying to stick us with a $900 cancellation bill for camera devices that we later added to try out. Keep in mind that the cameras had many issues as well. We will more than likely have to seek legal advice. They are not sending the shipping label, I feel that they are delaying this part of the cancelation process to charge us more money for unreturned devices, so we will return them ourselves with proof of receipt. Also they do not attach Terms of Service to the actual Contract that you sign, they have a web address on the "contract" to view the terms online... This could be EDITED at any time online, so be weary of this company.

Pros

I initially chose this software for the reports that were available, although reports that did not function properly. Watch out for the overpromising Sales Associates.

Cons

I do not recommend this company due to lack of daily functionality, inability to evaluate software issues and make corrections, and customer service or the lack of, and the stone age rationale of trapping customers in Long Term Contracts. If their software actually worked, they would not need a contract. Things did not start off well, as they messed up our start / billing dates, this was a kick off to many hours of dealing with inept customer service. Some of the many issues are Landmarks not showing on reports, inaccurate time readings between the Trips report and the Breadcrumb report, communication issues with customer service reps, excessive emails, failure of GPS network connection to devices (which they had no failsafe or idea).

Response from Azuga

Hello Tiffany. We extend our sincere appreciation for taking time out of your day to share your review with us. We very much regret that your experience has been quite disappointing and we are sorry. If we hear you correctly, you are extremely frustrated with the technology, the response of customer support, and the terms of service. The information you provided has been passed along to our customer success team for follow up and we would love to hear more from you directly so we can help resolve your frustrations. Our customer success team has tried reaching out to you to discuss. Again, we're so sorry your experience has been much less than ideal. Thank you for your review and our team looks forward to hearing from you.

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Jody W.
Industry: Think Tanks

More than expected

Reviewed on 2019/12/12

I am part of the Oregon experiment in paying by the mile for transportation infrastructure.

Pros

I'm a user who just wanted to be sure I paid my fair share for the transportation infrastructure I rely on. I signed on to Oregon's taxes by the mile program using Azuga. Recently I went from an older, traditional vehicle to an all electric Kona and simply notified the state and transferred the tool. Simple as eating cake.

What surprised me is getting notices when my former vehicle had a warning light, right down to knowing what part of the car wasn't working correctly. That was icing on the cake!

Cons

I had no problems with the software as a user. You would need to get a response from the Oregon Department of Transportation as to how they compare the functionality of various products they used.

Adam A.
Industry: Computer Software
Company size: Self Employed

Great diagnostic tool for your vehicle

Reviewed on 2019/12/12

I use Azuga ODB hardware and software as I'm a participant in the Oregon ODOT Project that is looking at overall usage of roads by individuals cars to determine whether taxing individuals in Oregon by the amount of their usage of freeways and roads. So they are collecting data with my participation to help them use the data of my primary vehicle for their research on this topic.

Pros

It's easy to use and monitor the telemetry data from the vehicle. I also like that it notifies me if something is out of the ordinary like a low battery or if I have a check engine light what the diagnostic code is.

Cons

Nothing I can think of honestly. The product works as expected and provides some handy information as I mentioned in the Pros section above.

Dan T.
Industry: Photography

Single Vehicle

Reviewed on 2019/12/12

The Azusa software has tracked my vehicle for several years. I always look forward to seeing what it has to say. I recommend for every vehicle.

Pros

The Azusa software keeps track of my vehicle’s daily mileage and location. This simplifies accounting. As well it notifies me of any problems with battery or engine codes.

Cons

The sensor plugs into the OBC port. Unfortunately it must be unplugged whenever the port is need for DMV registration or routine shop maintenance.

Dan G.

Lots of Bells and Whistles

Reviewed on 2019/12/18

The platform meets out needs to monitor current locations, encourage safe driving habits and reduce costs.

Pros

Lots of customization allowed and full of features. I really like the audible in vehicle alerts that notify a driver when a threshold has been exceeded. The ability to reward the Technicians adds a little "fun" to a typically only negative feedback scenario.

Cons

With so many variables and data to to utilize, the acclimation to their platform is a little overwhelming at first.

John P.
Industry: Individual & Family Services
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Nice Product

Reviewed on 2019/12/18

We have installed Azuga on most of our agency's 200 vehicles. It has helped us reduce speeding and correct other poor driving behaviors. Additionally, we have a firm grasp on where our employees are.

Pros

Very easy for managers to grab data and information. Reporting is excellent

Cons

No complaints. We have found the product to be very easy to use

Industry: Government Administration
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Easy to Use. Accountable and Trackable.

Reviewed on 2019/12/12

Pros

That is it very user-friendly and encompassing. I can track mileage and demonstrate usage for those who have questions and concerns about the Road to Go program.

Cons

Notifications seem like they could be quicker and non-repetitive.

Jennifer H.
Industry: Internet

GPS for Field Technicians

Reviewed on 2018/09/21

This software helps us to track our technicians that are spread far apart and gives us more oversight into what they are doing. It helps us to make sure that the employees we have are honest and are working as hard as they are supposed to. It helps us to make sure that our time cards are accurate and saves the company money on inaccurate time cards.

Pros

I love that when a customer calls in to find out where a technician is, I can let them know easily. I love that when a customer says our technician hasn't stopped by, I'm able to pull up their history and show that they were at the address for however long at whatever time. I love that it keeps our technicians honest, as we have them spread over the country and we are able to verify that they are up and moving at the time they are supposed to be. It also helps us track that they are not abusing the use of company vehicles.

Cons

The software does have some glitches. When I scroll out to the country wide view, it will combine technicians that are multiple states apart. At times, it doesn't update correctly so that our view of where technicians are is not entirely up to date.

Response from Azuga

Thanks Jennifer. Glad to know is Azuga is working well for you. I'll make sure our team gets your feedback on scroll out view.

Industry: Mental Health Care

Good inexpensive tool to track fleet

Reviewed on 2018/12/18

Pros

Azuga is an inexpensive solution that is easy to implement. Breadcrumb view allows us to track where our vehicles are currently, where they have been, and what turns were made in transit. We get lots of alerts on speeding and other activities which allow us to follow up with drivers. We also get alerts on check engine light and maintenance reminders.

Cons

I wish there were more options with geofences. For example, our fleet will regularly leave its branch office and return within an hour, and that's pretty normal. I would like to be able to send a geofence alert to admins when a vehicle is gone for more than 1 hour, but not send an alert every time it leaves the office during business hours. You can set an alert for vehicles that have been gone for too long, but in that case you are required turn on alerting every time it leaves. This results in a lot of alert noise which we don't need. Also, it would be nice to create time based custom alerts (e.g. vehicle ignition is turned on or leaves a geofence after hours).

I also think the jobs interface could be improved more, for better dispatch and route optimization for drivers. e.g. Address Book and route plotting options through the web gui.

Linda M.

Experience is good.

Reviewed on 2017/08/25

knowing where and when our employees are is a great asset

Pros

That we can look up to see where our technicians are & tell customers who are expecting them.
That there is a map beside the activity list.
That we can print reports to share with the employees.
When a customer says your tech was not here that day and we can print a report and show them a report to show they were there. Sometimes a customer says they were only here 5 minutes and we can show them a report showing they were there 20.

Cons

I wish the pings were more often when they are driving.
I wish the transfer of reports to excel were more easily formatted. It makes the report giant in excel and the formatting is a pain.
They show low fuel all the time and don't show when fill ups happen.

Response from Azuga

Thanks Linda. I'll make sure our team gets your feedback on pings and report formatting.

Jeremy K.
Industry: Utilities

Great Product and Customer Service

Reviewed on 2018/12/19

Very happy with this product.

Pros

I like that we can see at a glance where our people are at any given time of the day. The reports are fairly easy to work with. Adding drivers is a breeze. There are a ton of alerts that come through that are very helpful as well. My greatest experience has been with Azuga Customer Service, though. If ever I have a problem with a unit or a question, they are responsive and helpful and quickly resolve any concerns I may have.

Cons

There are times when I need to contact our Service Rep in order to change or remove a unit or a driver. I understand the reasons for this, but it can be inconvenient at times.

Tim M.
Industry: Automotive

Great addition to our fleet

Reviewed on 2017/08/15

Pros

Using the Azuga software, we have managed to reduce our fuel consumption in our fleet by 14%. The ability to make sure our drivers aren't leaving their vehicles idling for extended amounts of time is what is mainly responsible for this savings. We have also been able to improve customer service since our dispatcher can easily see what driver is nearest to a location that needs an unscheduled visit. The dispatcher also enjoys not having to phone 17 different people to see who is closest.

Cons

We have had several of the transmitter units stop working, but a quick phone call or email to the support team, and a replacement device is quickly shipped out to us.

Response from Azuga

Tim - we're very glad to hear about the success you are having with Azuga Fleet, and happy to give the support you need when it's needed!

Tim M.
Industry: Real Estate

Extremely helpful tool if you have more than 1 vehicle

Reviewed on 2018/09/20

We are extremely pleased with Azuga, and will continue to use them. The devices have paid for themselves in fuel savings and customer satisfaction.

Pros

-Know EXACTLY where your drivers are located.
-Get alerts if your drivers are speeding, or driving in an aggressive manner which uses more fuel.
-Manage vehicle idle time which wastes fuel
-Have the ability to tell the customer exactly where their delivery is when they call asking "where is my item"?

Cons

GPS device is not built very tough. In the event that you need to swap out the device for some reason, it's pretty easy to bend the pins inside, or if it gets dropped, it will shatter easily.
However, if this happens, Azuga will promptly get you a replacement (for a small shipping fee).

Bob B.

Managing Our Fleet

Reviewed on 2019/01/08

I first selected the Azuga system because it was less money than the other systems I'd considered, and it was a system we could easily install ourselves. It has been great to be able to locate our vehicles without trying to reach our drivers by phone. Being able to know where everyone is, at a glance, allows us to make better decisions. I think that the system has made or fleet more efficient, just because everyone knows that we track our vehicles.

Pros

I can locate any fleet vehicle at any time with any of my devices.

Cons

There are occasional server problems that cause delays in the real time display.

Response from Azuga

Hi Bob

Thanks for the review. We will ensure our team gets your feedback.

Best
Team Azuga

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Matthew B.

Great Value GPS

Reviewed on 2018/12/18

The support team from Azuga has been amazing. They are very quick to respond and take great care to make sure the problems get resolved. They have offered many solutions to help implement GPS tracking effectively.

Pros

For the money Azuga is a great value. There are a multitude of great options for fleet tracking and maintenance. The automatic maintenance reminders and check engine light notifications are ideal for making sure your fleet stays in top notch condition. The interface is very user friendly, easy to learn and set up your fleet.

Cons

The biggest issue that we ran into and is an issue with all OBD II GPS units is that the GPS doesn't do the best job triangulating the vehicle location because the GPS receiver is located too low in the vehicle with no line of sight to satellites. This issue can be quickly and easily remedied by adding a pig-tail extension to relocate the OBD II device to a better location.

Christopher Y.
Industry: Building Materials

Fleet at a Glance

Reviewed on 2018/12/27

Azuga has been a great tool and investment that has paid dividends in improved customer service and operations efficiency.

Pros

Like visibility of Fleet and the use of the Beacon cards when they are working properly is great for us because we often have drivers switching vehicles so we can see who is where as well. Azuga Fleet has greatly improved our ability to let customers know when they can expect there loads, as well as improve our efficiency in credit pick-ups. Our drivers have a stronger sense of accountability as well.

Cons

Sometimes the Beacons don't function properly which can be a headache, but when they are working the system is easy to use and helpful.

Gerry P.
Industry: Broadcast Media

Azuga meets our needs!

Reviewed on 2018/12/18

Having a pulse of our fleet at any given time of the day aids us in getting to the story ahead of our competition.

Pros

We are television broadcasters with a large news fleet. With AZUGA we can monitor where our reporters are located to enable quick dispatching of staff when news breaks. The alerts keep us notified when driving exceptions occur and we can better manage our staff and fleet when we know what is happening.

Cons

There really is not anything that is least liked

Jessica S.
Industry: Construction

Azuga has been so easy to work with!

Reviewed on 2017/08/15

Pros

I love how easy it is to keep track of our vehicles in real time. We always know where our trucks are, how fast they are going, how long they have been where they are, etc.

Cons

Sometimes the set up screens can be confusing when adding a vehicle or driver. Like you have to have the driver added before you can add the vehicle, things like that.

Response from Azuga

Glad to know is Azuga is working well for you, Jessica. I'll make sure your input gets to our product team.

Justin F.
Industry: Utilities

Quick transportation data at your fingers

Reviewed on 2019/12/12

Overall I would recommend this product, the value for what you get for the features available is one of the best in the industry.

Pros

Ease of use and the amount of features available, from seeing real time date to running various types of past reports, lots of useful available data to help manage fleet.

Cons

Sometimes there can be a lag in real time data, example blank address when vehicle is parked and app can sometimes become unstable.

Bradford M.

AZUGA FLEET GPS TRACKING

Reviewed on 2018/12/18

Review would be 5 stars and 10 out of 10 if ALL the units tracks ALL of the time.

Pros

Simple for people in the office to just open the site and see where our guys are.
I like how it tracks the odometer for maintenance records.

Cons

Many times a unit will not track. We pride ourselves on being on-time for our first appointments of the day but we cannot rely on AZUGA to be functioning properly on ALL unit ALL the time.

Lyndsy C.
Industry: Environmental Services

Awesome GPS Company

Reviewed on 2019/12/12

It has been pleasant. They are always adding new features and make sure we are up to date on all the newest software and equipment out there.

Pros

We have had several meetings with Azuga regarding how they can help tailor our software to us and every time they have been able to provide us with what we needed!

Cons

The maintenance side could use some work. I can't quite get it to line up with what our trucks tell us.

Ramiro S.
Industry: Food Production

Tracking at its simplest

Reviewed on 2019/10/31

Overall the software and devices have worked amazing the beacon cards that detects the drivers that are driving on each vehicle is just great too how everything worked seamlessly.

Pros

The simplest thing to do and set up it was literally plug and play all that was needed to keep record of some serial numbers but what a breeze and they start working right away.

Cons

The one thing that i didn't like was the ability the software has to assign admins to the page it makes it difficult to add managers and they can't really see the drivers that admin has created only but the admin.