Auctria Reviews

Auctria

Fundraising platform for online, silent & live auctions

4.8/5 (209 reviews)
Brad O.

Auctria Is An Incredible DIY Auction Program

Reviewed on 2019/08/27

I looked at so many different programs. This one was so good when we went back to a paper-based silent auction, the item descriptions, bid sheets, catalog, and back office capability was so good we renewed the subscription. Of note, the mobile bidding is incredible and easy to use.

Pros

The user tile-based interface is intuitive. The dashboard both takes you where you need to go in the program and has updating totals, clocks, and other real-time features and not just static buttons. The back office and forms section for standard and customized bid sheets, item descriptions, table management cards are amazingly easy as they scaled themselves to fit our differing page formats. The post-auction reports are clear and concise. We really needed and appreciated the Excel import feature of all info. Now, the biggest worry you'll have in DIY auction program is customer service. They are in Canada, and they reply via text box and email. Before you click off this review let me tell you Rob and the customer service gang really answer the text box. I know it says hours but they never took more than minutes to answer my many questions. In fact, last year when there was a significant issue during the event, their super quick response saved the day as it was our first year running a mobile bidding platform. In terms of that, the text-based versus app-based system was flawless. Also, uploading item pictures and contributor's logo was super easy and translated across the bid sheet, item description, website, and catalogue. Oh, and let me tell you, the push-the-button catalog function, bid sheet function, item description function was so good, when we went back to a paper bidding system it was worth every bit of the subscription fee.

Cons

The tabs across the top of each feature page to customize need visual improvement to be as easy to click on and have a hover function to describe what they do. I'd have them add more to the report section where there could be item sales analysis of what went above and below value and group them to see what items would be good to have next year and which ones didn't work well both at a item and category level. Lastly, there needs to be a "cart" function. Mobile bidders want to highlight the five to ten items they want to bid on during the night. A really nice improvement would be a cart where like on eBay, they don't have to go in and out of pages to re-bid, rather their items are on one screen and they can bid up those items in their cart.

Response from Auctria

Brad! Love that you shared your exact experience with lots of details, how & whys.

Thanks for the comment "Now, the biggest worry you'll have in DIY auction program is customer service. They are in Canada, and they reply via text box and email. Before you click off this review let me tell you Rob and the customer service gang really answer the text box. I know it says hours but they never took more than minutes to answer my many questions."

... and Brad, you must have spider-man-senses? We are exploring the shopping cart type functions.

Glad to see you used the mobile application too. The immediate outbid notifications really help bids soar.

Hope you crush all your fundraising goals!

Ute C.

Great software for gala and auction

Reviewed on 2019/05/30

Overall, it was great to have this software for the entire organizing process of our hospital gala. We are talking a very elaborate event with about 250 guests, 100+ donors, and over 150 auction items. In the past all of these things got tracked in multiple spread sheets and if anything changed, it would have been a disaster. This year, using Auctria, everything was in one place, very easy to see in detail or at a glance. If guests or meals or seating arrangements changed, it was so easy to do and follow and just to stay on top of it.
I realized, that even though I have been using this system for a few month prior to our gala, there are still many functions we have never even touched.
I would highly recommend this software and am extremely glad I did decide for this particular software (never used any other one, but wouldn't switch), but also recommend to take the time to read the manual, play around and take time to understand the many many function to utilize it to its best potential.

Pros

I enjoyed how intuitive the use of the software was. Anything I wanted to do, was possible with this software. There were a couple times were I would provide my volunteers with a log in and they basically figured it out on their own as it was very easy to use and understand the software. Setting up the website, took a little time, but also once I understood how it worked, not a big deal. Enjoyed that I had all info from guests names, seating arrangements, auction items, donors and supporters and much more all handy in one place. Made the reconciliation at the end very easy. I did use an outside budget for this time, but think in the future I would purely use Auctria for that as well. Now that the event is over, it is great to still be able to see all the guests info and pull all different reports we may want to see. The customer service was great in answering any questions I had ahead of time via email, but unfortunately I was never given a phone number to connect with them on the spot. And as it is most often for me, I usually wait with doing something until it needs o be done now and if I couldn't get an instant answer I had to wait and get back at it later. Not their fault, more my own, but I wished sometimes there would have been a live chat or phone number to call. Even though, usually their replies came within a couple hours or overnight as I am on the west coast.

Cons

There isn't much I didn't like.
I guess the only thing I didn't understand until we were at the event was that we had the 0.3% charge on Auctria per transaction + the 2.69% on Stripe. The system does show the option to add those fees to the invoice, but we didn't realize it until it was too late. So now we have to cover a pretty large invoice of stripe fees we didn't expect. Anyways, more my fault for not paying attention to ahead of time. But in the future I would certainly add that to the guest check-out or if they want to not pay it, just charge more on our credit card machines then through the system.

I also had a couple guests that commented that they weren't able to go back into their registration and make changes to their guest list or meal selection. This must have been a glitch in the system, but wasn't a big deal.
For my side, I found it a little confusing with the e-tickets and ticket statements and such, as they weren't fully clear to me what each of them was about and even more so, I thought I had it set up that everyone how registered would receive it automatically. This was only the case for the people that self-registered but not the ones I added manually.

Response from Auctria

Hi Ute, thank you SO MUCH for the detailed review, it's sure to help others understand the power and simplicity of Auctria. With 250 guests 100+ donors and 150 auction items sounds like a success--happy to read Auctria helped you ditch the spreadsheets!

Yes, Auctria is full of even more features, join our free webinars or watch on playback when it convenient for you to learn more.

Also, we invite you and your auction team to follow Auctria on Facebook & Twitter to get even more tips and auction fundraising advice.

Cäcille E.

The BEST bang for your buck and more

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2019/05/28

Overall, for having this be the first and only auction software I've ever used, this has been an amazing experience. I loved learning the ins and outs of Auctria, and strongly recommend it for smaller auctions, and if the slight kinks are worked out, strongly recommend it for big auctions.

There's a lot of potential with Auctria, and I'm hoping they succeed. I think they will

Pros

I loved most everything Auctria has to offer.

1.) The team there is phenomenal. I don't think I've ever gotten such instant quality support on anything so consistently in my ENTIRE life. Literally, when I send a support email, I expect a reply back in maybe a day or two. Auctria responds in less than 3 hours, sometimes in literally HALF an hour. amazing.

2.) Even without all my nonsense questions, the guides that Auctria has are very detailed and I could relatively easily figure everything out myself – which I mostly did, but it's nice having the Auctria team to ask questions to. Especially since they're so accessible!

3.) Their features to capture donor information is second to none. My favorite thing about Auctria is how they made the capture of information BEFORE the event so simple and easy. The only thing that sucks was having to input "guest" information at the event, but Auctria tied every guest to the purchaser, so even then, they covered bases by allowing us to know who to contact if we needed something from someone.

4.) From silent auctions, to online, to even live, Auctria literally covers everything so well and seamlessly.

5.) Checking out final bids is so easy. no chasing down people for cc information – with maybe one or two who for some reason chose not to register their card.

Cons

1.) Auctria's only con that I found so far was with it's app and online bidding. I didn't find online bidding so seamless, when someone needs either an email address/bidding number and a password in order to log in. As I was testing the app, I found befuddled on why someone needed a password, and found that some people weren't able to make a password, effectively not allowing them to bid online.

I rectified this with having online kiosks, but we definitely lost some money because of this. We might not use Auctria next year because of this which saddens me. Making the online bidding process simpler though would make my team change their minds I'm sure.

Response from Auctria

Thanks for sharing your auction story. Happy to read Auctria surpassed your expectation for support help. Thanks for sharing the simplicity you found with the program.

Regarding the mobile app and access- bidders can be sent or given an access code to sign into the app or website without needing to set up a password. Please reach out to [email protected] so we can share more information and more details.

Thanks for being our cheerleader and hope all your fundraising goals are surpassed.

Penny B.

Excellent Product. Worth every single cent!

Reviewed on 2017/05/12

Accurate accounting of the major fundraiser (other than our annual operating fund campaign) for our church. Also ability to maintain and manage accounts receivable (we don't take payment on the night of our auction). Help in recruiting volunteers for the auction - volunteer data entry is easier to come by when the data entry can be done remotely and is easy to learn. Our church is just a medium-sized one (350 members) and we cannot afford to spend thousands to have someone come in and run our yearly auctions. A yearly cost of less than what we pay is far less than the value we receive for this software. Our auctions have reached thousands od dollars in income the past two years. We are very excited about that. My ONLY concern is that should Auctria go out of business that we would lose all our data. THAT would be awful. I would hope and pray that we would be offered CSV files of all our data before it "disappeared."

Pros

Multi-user, retention of data by auction, emailing of invoices and donation receipts, and the ability to copy data from one auction to the next. Exceptional customer support and response. Our church uses this software so our auction's donors and bidders are mostly the same people. We auction items that have multiple winners (gourmet dinners, themed parties, etc. ). A few emails back and forth was all it took to get the software to handle this accurately. I searched quite a long while for a replacement for our ancient software (that was a multi-user nightmare) and I hit the jackpot when finding Charity Auction Organizer. I am a retired programmer/analyst and this software was easy to learn, has excellent Help, and the personalized support we needed. Taking awhile to get used to the newest version with Auctria, but we'll get there. Have used this product for four of our church's auctions and one other non-profit auction. We'll be using it again November 2018.

Response from Auctria

Auctria was built for groups like yours!
Auctria is not going anywhere. Even if you stop using Auctria the data is yours to access.
We pride ourselves on full features and great value.

To ease your mind Auctria does have export features under Import/Export -> Export and any report on the screen can be exported as a PDF/XLS/CSV file using the 'Actions' menu at the bottom of the page.

Karen M.

Auctria is Amazing!

Reviewed on 2018/10/12

Check out for our gala was always the most stressful part of the event. Auctria makes us look like pros. No more waiting in lines divided by the alphabet; any volunteer station can help any guest. There are no more piles of paper to sort and add the bids by hand. We honestly have very short lines at checkout which makes our last impression of the evening a good impression. In additions, we now have a great database of information about all aspects of our gala.

Pros

Auctria is so easy to use which is very important. My favorite feature is the amazing customer service. We've used Auctria for 4 years and Auctria makes improvements every year. They don't just make changes, they make IMPROVEMENTS. They incorporate the changes in a suttle way so we aren't completely re-training our volunteers every year, we just have to point out the new features.

Cons

The first year most of the credit cards were rejected because of the processor. The next year Auctria incorporated Authorize.net which enabled a variety of processors to work with Auctria. We used the processor we normally use for processing cards online and everything went smoothly.

Response from Auctria

THANK YOU for this feedback "Auctria makes us look like pros." and "Auctria is Amazing"

Thanks for the 4-year review! We are humbled by your kind words yet pleased to read you enjoy all the new features and updates.

Fun Fact: we started Auctria because we volunteered to run an auction fundraiser many years ago and they were using pencil & paper & nothing else! There had to be a better way! Happy to read you too have eliminated the check-out lines and put smiles on your bidders faces at the end of the night!

Truly we appreciate all feedback and use it daily to make each event even better than the previous one.

Frances S.

Brilliant database, outstanding support.

Reviewed on 2019/07/07

The thought of keeping track of all the bidders and auction items with multiple spreadsheets, or even setting up our own database was daunting. Auctria solved it for us. The developers' knowledge of how auctions work was especially helpful. Auctria anticipated many of our needs before we even realized we would need them.

Pros

It is a well-designed, very extensive database. Covers all the bases. The support team is outstanding, always available to answer questions and make recommendations. I've never had to wait more that a few minutes to hear back.

Cons

I have the most trouble working with the Auctria-generated auction web site features. A big learning curve for me there. Also editing system email docs (under the new beta feature). I'm not all that strong with html and some of the finished results are not as expected. But it's beta, so I look forward to improvements. The support team has been more than patient helping me through my issues with the web site.

Response from Auctria

Brilliant & outstanding are adjectives we love to read on our reviews. Especially since this means Auctria helped raise money for a great cause!

Yes, the email beta is being updated to drag and drop (in fact it may be different than you used if it was a few weeks ago). Tip: try out any new features on the Auctria demo to keep your data clean.

Glad to read our support team was helpful, reach out any time through the in-app messaging or email [email protected]

Hope you crush your fundraising goals.

Barry B.

Miamisburg Rotary Club - Auction

Reviewed on 2019/03/16

We've been using Auctria twice a year for 4 or 5 years for our Rotary Club Charity Auction and for our local Merchants Association Charity Auction. Of the different options, Auctria provides the best functionality and services for the price.

Pros

Auctria is an immense help for our organization with tracking bidders, item, accounts and reporting all associated data with our charitable auction. We save a LOT of time and effort over using our own spreadsheets.

Cons

There are minor adjustments to functionality that may help with some of our internal uses. The Auctria staff has looked into some of our ideas, (some dealing with pre-loading bidder numbers) but while it couldn't be done exactly as we had imagined, they were able to help us with a work around to meet our needs. Another occasional glitch is when a silent auction item fails to get the minimum bid, but was allowed to be purchased for below the minimum bid amount, we aren't always able to override the minimum, but have to go in and manually lower the minimum to be able to process the sale. Not a biggie, just a time consuming action (that I believe we've figured another work around for that). Overall, there aren't any significant "cons".

Response from Auctria

Two times a year for 4 years and still 10/10 likelihood to recommend!

Thanks for taking the time to leave this review. We know time is money- especially when fundraising, so happy to read that Auctria was and is a time saver.

We have all been there trying to do an auction with spreadsheets... that's why we built Auctria from the ground up in 2011 and continue to add features to make auction fundraising easy.

Renee C.

Auctions Made Easy

Reviewed on 2019/05/13

I just finished my 6th auction using Auctria, and will happily be renewing my account for next year's auction. Every year they have added new features or tweaked current features so that the software is more robust and easy to use. Tech support is responsive and clear in their answers, and the help documents are easily accessible and clearly written. It has made the entire process of putting on our auction much simpler and fun!

Pros

We needed an easier way to check our bidders in and out than on paper with a calculator. We got much more with this software. It scales to handle any size auction and offers features to not only check your bidders in and out, but build a website, print the catalogs, print the bid sheets, and anything else you'd like to be able to do for your auction. And it's easy to use once you are familiar with the user interface.

Cons

It took some time getting familiar with how things work in the software to become comfortable with it.

Response from Auctria

6 years with Auctria-- thanks Renee!! love the name of your event! Love even more your detailed review. Happy to read that you use all our favorite features: bidder management, dedicated website, catalogs, bid sheets.

Yes, as you noted Auctria is always adding new features. The newest is the mobile application- this night be worth checking out for such an fun, activity filled, large event such as yours. When using bidders get immediate outbid notifications and can rebid directly from their mobile devices.

Learn more here: from the main Auctria website, navigate to the top drop-down-->Learning Resources--> Fundraiser Article.

Or reach out [email protected] for more help.

Hope all your future bids soar!

Sarah S.

Easy to use and full of options

Reviewed on 2019/05/18

Our non-profit organization has used Auctria for 5 years and each year we learn more and more about what it offers. The manual is easy to follow and, as the Treasurer, the variety of financial reports are wonderful.

Pros

There are so many options to make our fundraising event successful including helping us build a website and making online catalogs for our auctions. I also like that there are several ways to get to the same destination. You don’t have to click on one option, there are many hyperlinks that can get you where you need to be.

Cons

We have used this software for several years but this year was the first time we attempted to register credit cards at check-in. That part went very well, but when we added winning bids and other activity to the bidder profile we did not realize it would charge their card at that moment, if we didn’t enter the bid in a certain way. We also had one user who, when processing card payments, would charge the donor the processing fee, so we had to go back and refund each of them, which was time consuming. This was a learning curve for us and something we should have read in the Manual before we attempted it. We easily resolved it and now we know exactly what to do for next year.

Response from Auctria

5 years with Auctria!! Thanks for allowing us to serve your auction fundraising needs. Happy to read you use more and more features each year- we recently released the mobile bidding app for Apple & Android devices. Reach out if you want more information- email: [email protected] Sarah, we hope your future bids soar!

Melanie P.

Fantastic User Friendly Program

Reviewed on 2019/01/30

Auctria is a terrific product, and I recommend it to all of my clients and colleagues. It is a great value for the money, easy to use, and has incredible functionality.

Pros

Auctria is very intuitive, and so much easier to use than other nonprofit event softwares on the market. The database function is straight-forward and doesn't have too many layers to it, so data entry is really fast. The website, ticket sales component, donor/guest information, and night of event entry all sync together really well. It takes less than 5 minutes to train volunteers on guest registration, and the materials are quality. Any time that I have had an issue, which hasn't been often, Auctria will get back to me quickly with a solution.

Cons

The only thing I would change would be to make the display sheets a little more dynamic, so they could be individually altered. Perhaps if there were an option to download them as a Word file, it would make it easier to adjust text sizing, photo sizing, etc. Also, it would be great if Auctria had a mobile bidding component.

Response from Auctria

Hi Melanie GOOD NEWS- Auctria has just released mobile bidding applications for both Android and Apple devices. Apps are available for download in the Google Play Store and iTunes right now. Hope that makes Auctria even more fantastic for you.

We strive to make Auctria easy to use and streamline the entire auction process so we are very happy to read that our goals are your reality.

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback.

Gina L.

Faubion School PTA has had an exceptional experience with Auctria software!

Reviewed on 2018/02/28

Our school auction takes place every spring, does profit every year and sustains our PTA budget through the following year. We make enough to need a software system but we don't make enough to spend bookoo bucks on it. Auctria does everything we need including -*organizing and selling items
*offering receipts to donors and buyers
*offering customizable website that is easy to create and share
*allowing for many check out options including online, in person and push text notifications
*option to pass credit card fees on to buyer so that our school can keep more money for our kids.

Auctria is the only software that we will use going forward and I highly recommend!!!

Pros

Easy to use and train others to use, many customizable options for sellable items, website is awesome and tutorials on creating website are very helpful, cost is the lowest in the industry which is much needed for our non-profit school event. We used Auctria at our annual school auction this year and it did everything we needed and more for a fraction of the software that we have used in the past. Hint -- there is also a way to pass on credit card sales fees to credit card users which saved us those fees. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!!

Cons

Our auction chair had a few questions and couldn't find a number to call. She emailed and got a response back in 24 hours, which is their promise. For what it's worth, our software company before this one had the same policy and cost 10 times more so I don't feel like this is a deal breaker for us.

Response from Auctria

Gina, thanks for providing such a detailed review. I'm certain there are lots of others out there that can benefit from your expert analysis and HINTS! Also, thanks for fundraising for education!

Gail N.

Fund Raising Software

Reviewed on 2019/04/07

We have saved money not hiring someone to help fun our fundraisers and we are doing a better job the company we hired. It is very time consuming for the person in charge of the software.. It would be hard to replace me in doing this job after I have done it for 2 years. Huge learning curve.

Pros

It links everything for running a fundraiser into one area. Ticket sales, live and silent auctions and donations. We can now do our own check in and check out at the event where we had been paying a company to do it and they were doing a very poor job. People attending our fundriaser have commented on the smooth check in and out process now that we are doing it ourselves with this software.

Cons

It take a lot of time to learn to do the different things in the software. I spend hours each year learning how to use it and setting it up and training others. Could have a more user interface.

Response from Auctria

Thanks Gail for taking the time to leave a review. We are always striving to improve Auctria and that means adding new features- we know this can make it seem more complicated however we hope it also makes Auctria more full featured.

Quick tip- there are several levels of user access so you can safely share the auction workload.

Glad to read that Auctria was able to streamline your auction process and help raise more money for your cause.

Starting this month Auctria is conducting live webinars on using Auctria. These will be preserved for playback. Feel free to share with any new team members.

For more information reach out [email protected]

Carlos E.

Great software for auctions and very affordable!!!

Reviewed on 2019/06/02

Very very positive.

Pros

Very easy to navigate, extremely affordable!

Cons

The software isn’t incredibly intuitive. You have to ask a lot of questions or read manual to understand advanced functions.

Response from Auctria

We at Auctria thank your for the review title "Great software for auction and very affordable" The three exclamation points are icing on the cake.

Our mission is to create a software solution to keep track of all the auction details, and help ensure an efficient and smooth fundraising event. Cost is always a factor, so we proudly offer Auctria so it's affordable to ALL groups.

Diane S.

Best auction software available

Reviewed on 2019/04/28

This software has given us the ability to take our live fundraising events to a new level. We are able to automate most of our auction functions and with the guest statements that it creates, we look very professional to our guests who receive their event statements at the end of the event detailing all their purchases and donations. It’s made check-in and check-out much more streamlined and smoother. At the end of the event, we are able to instantly analyze where we made our money . Guests are able to self-register online at a dedicated event website saving a lot of data entry time . The only cost is the low annual subscription, no additional fees. They are always improving the software and have a great online user guide. I highly recommend this software!

Pros

A tremendous value, with lots of customization available to meet most any organization’s needs.
1) ability to sell tickets online thru a custom website for each event,
2) host an online auction or live event
3) supports multiple users simultaneously
4) low annual cost and ability to run multiple events a year
5) supports credit card processing thru Stripe which enables you to store credit card information at registration and charge at the end of the event and send emailed statements to your guests
6) great financial reports to know where you made money
7) a new app that allows your guests to bid on auction items thru their phone

Cons

Nothing! It is very easy to use, even for new users.

Jean D.

Ran a multi-prong auction and gala with ease

Reviewed on 2019/06/08

Our goal as a team was to reduce the amount of time we spent running our event this year, and because so much data already existed in the Auctria database we were able to do that.

Pros

We ran a multi-prong auction and gala using Auctria. We used it to handle every method by which we took in money with ease. It was easy to walk into as a new school volunteer once I saw all the data history from the past 4 years that existed. We copied auction items, donors, ticket classes over from prior years. All the categorization of different types of revenue that existed made it really easy to pull off all the different things we wanted to do.

Cons

Since we closed different parts of the fundraising effort at different times, it would have been nice to be able to shut down different pages of the fundraising website. For instance, we are still selling tickets to parent led signup parties, but the online auction itself is closed and the gala is over. Those pages have to stay up to be able to sell signup party tickets.

Response from Auctria

LOVE reading that you took over from a previous auction team member with ease! Year over year auctions benefit tremendously with streamlined input efforts to copy previous data. Hope all your future bids soar!

There are lots of options on item types that may help streamline the post-auction sales you are managing. Reach out [email protected] if you want help.

Auction Site for our Annual School Fundraiser

Reviewed on 2019/05/01

Pros

We used Auctria to host our school's online auction of items, experiences, and count-me-in parties. The platform is easy to navigate. Entering and managing content and bidders is simple. The check-out process is seamless and we didn't experience any issues during the past two years we have worked on the platform. We have given volunteers access to upload and enter items on the site which they did easily and with minimal training. If we had questions or issues, the customer service team was prompt in their reply and helpful in providing information or helping to solve the problem. Registering bidders was a simple process and we didn't receive any negative feedback or have any issued with our bidders accessing the site and bidding on items. We had great success the past two years with the online auction for our event and attribute it to the ease of using the platform and the wonderful customer service team. The fee structure and annual subscription fee are reasonable which ensures we maximize our fundraising for the school. We will use them again!

Cons

I have only used Auctria as online auction platform and don't have experience with other platforms but when researching found Auctria highly recommended by colleagues in the field.

Response from Auctria

Thanks for the 5-stars across the board. Your detailed review is very helpful in helping us know that we are helping you make a difference in fundraising. Hope all your future bids soar!

Annette R.

Perfect for Private School Auciton

Reviewed on 2019/03/12

I have already recommended Auctria to another local school. I hope to learn more about the program so that I can take advantage of more of it's features in the future. This was my first auction using Auctria and it was a huge success. I can't say enough about the customer service. So helpful and such quick response!

Pros

I love that all donations and sponsors you enter immediately get posted to the Website. Saves so much time.

Cons

I thought the Website was difficult to set up. I am a volunteer with limited experience "starting" a website and I felt like you really needed to know what you were doing to get it up and running. I had to have someone with more experience at the school help out.

Response from Auctria

Reading that you recommended Auctria to another school is the nicest compliment!

If you haven't already visited the main Auctria website there are lots of how-to articles.
Find these Auctria.com-->Learning Resources-->Fundraiser Articles. Elevate your auction fundraising knowledge quickly. Articles range from how to find donations, timelines & checklists, sample procurement letter. There is an article that you may want to review if your auction just concluded: 9 Post Auction Duties.

Follow us on Facebook & Twitter we post lots of tips and links to our webinars. The webinars are always educational and you can hear what others are doing to make their fundraisers great. Love to see you there!

Shannon B.

Auctria really does do it all!

Reviewed on 2016/06/16

Volunteer Event Chair for the Market & Auction event for Variety in BC, Canada. We raise funds for special needs kids in BC, ranging from therapy to medication to wheelchairs and converted vans. We step in where Health Care ends to help families cope with the financial burdens of needed support for the child.

When I took over as Chair of this event 4 years ago the auction item bid sheets were...and I kid you not....handled in a single Word document. 200 pages long. 1 item per page. And that was just for starters! Each item was in a separate Word doc, from display sheets to receipts to certificates.

I had made a switch to a set of Excel documents with formulas and master sheets which was substantially better, but still time consuming. Much more accurate, but time consuming.

Then by some miracle I found CAO while looking for something else. The more I explored what it could do the more excited I got, and by the time I met with my partner to tell her about it I was almost bouncing off the walls in joy! The following meeting with my committee I went over the basics of the program, and every time someone brought up a concern or question I was able to answer it with "Oh don't worry, CAO does that.....right here...let me show you..."

Pros

Add to that the fact that your support team responds quickly and with wonderful detail, and that you have priced it so charities can actually afford it? You better believe I will continue telling EVERYONE about how amazing your service is! Hundreds of hours have likely been saved over the past 2 years of using it, and peace of mind for the processing team is priceless.

Cons

Now my biggest problem is remembering you are now Auctria instead of CAO

Response from Auctria

Just keep saying Auctria, Auctria, Auctria! New name-- same great products and support! Thanks for the kind words.

Michael B.

Excellent software to manage big events

Reviewed on 2019/06/13

While this was my first direct experience with Auctria, our organization has used it many times before. It has always suited our needs and made any of our processes go smoothly. As mentioned in my pro's, what makes Auctria so great is its functionality and the ability for anyone to get the hang of it very quickly. Does not bog you down with anything superfluous. I look forward to exploring more uses and functions that Auctria offers in future events.

Pros

1. Easy to learn. This was my first time using Auctria, and the learning curve was not steep and all. Very intuitive and easy to pick up for first time users.

2. Great customer support team. The few times we did need to reach out, the support staff was accessible and able to quickly get us back on track.

3. Great organization. Easy to organize and keep track of a variety of auctions/event options.

Cons

None really that we came across! There was some confusion over the use of the app, which could partly be contributed to user error. In any case, for our event the use of the app was more of an extra anyway and not needed to achieve our goals.

Response from Auctria

Thanks Michael for taking the time to 1. volunteer to help with your auction fundraiser, 2. take the time to leave the detailed review 3. review title "Excellent software to manage big events". Hope you get a chance to use all the features to crush the future fundraising goals!

Kay W.

Auctria is WONDERFUL!!!!

Reviewed on 2019/05/01

The use of Auctria has increased our control over every aspect of our event. Online ticket sales were easy and we knew exactly where we stood at any time - an important aspect since our venue had limited seating. The entire experience was amazing. I highly recommend the use of this software.

Pros

Easy to use.

The user guides are easy to follow and the support from their staff is amazing if you should get stuck.

The ability to use text bidding increased what we made from our auction. And check out was the easiest ever with the use of registered credit cards.

Cons

on the auction website, I would like the ability to list sponsors under each category rather than having to display each sponsor independently with their category as a header.

Response from Auctria

Kay, thanks for kind words and the exclamation points to reiterate your "Auctria is WONDERFUL" statement.

Thanks for sharing the details regarding the ease of use for checkout. Streamlining the auction from first donation to last receipt and all the biding in between is not just a tagline, its our mission.

Sounds like you used lots of features including text bidding, pre-registration & online ticket sales. We recently released the Auctria app for Apple & Andorid; perhaps that may interest you for the next auction fundraiser.

Thanks for all you do in the community and hope all your fundraising goals are exceeded!

Matt S.

Excellent Value. Quality application.

Reviewed on 2019/04/07

This program has everything needed to manage a charity fundraiser auction. The documentation is excellent. I was able to set it up four years ago with some learning curve, but almost all of my initial setup work, including donors, auction items, settings, etc, carries over year to year. Second year and forward I was able to hit the ground running. Recently they started some additional webinars with very good (non-technical) advice about how to raise more money with your auction. I highly recommend that non-profits consider this option for managing their auction.

Pros

Much less expensive than the competition. Has all the features I need. Excellent documentation. Extremely responsive and personalized support.

Cons

For my level of computer literacy (which is pretty strong) it is perfect, but for someone who needs a very intuitive interface it may be tough to use.

Response from Auctria

Matt- thanks for your detailed comments. When there are such nice comments from admins that have used Auctria for FOUR events that gives us confidence we are doing something right. Grateful that Auctria has helped raise funds for all your auction events.

Happy to read you enjoyed the webinars. FYI they are always available on playback and we are adding some Auctria-centric topics starting this week.

Please, follow Auctria on Facebook & Twitter to stay current; or if you want us to share your fundraiser tag us!

Barry B.

We do two auctions for two organizations each year. Auctria is easy and saves us lots of time!

Reviewed on 2018/03/08

Shortened the amount of time needed to prepare, run and get full reports on the auction.

Pros

Quick and easy item and bidder entry. Also inputting the winning bids on items and cashing out the bidders at the end of the evening goes so smoothly for everyone. Being able to print the bid sheets for all the silent auction items saves us a lot of time from having to create our own bid sheets (we did that for many years before Auctria). Since we only use it twice a year, it takes a bit of time to refresh our memories as to how to do everything, but not as much time as doing everything manually. The many reports available are easy to use and provide clear information.

Cons

Would be nice to be able to "hide" sections that we don't use when entering information on items and bidders. We've sent a request in to see if there's a way to enter tickets (as tickets vs as items) with numbers and assign them to specific bidders.

Response from Auctria

So happy to see Auctria repeat use for multiple auctions, for multiple years. The "quick and easy item and bidder entry" combined with "cashing out bidders...smoothly" is what we strive for at Auctria in streamlining the entire auction fundraiser. Thanks for the positive feedback.

Sharon L.

Best Auction Software Out There

Reviewed on 2019/04/17

I have been doing the data management for my church's auction for many years. Auctria makes it easy to minimize the typing I have to do by helping donors and bidders enter their own items, buy their own tickets, and manage their own accounts. It allows us to create a beautiful event website. It also lets me share tasks with other volunteers because everything's web-based and the software tracks every change and who made it. It automates every step of the process and has so much customization built in I can do things exactly how I want to. Volunteers on auction night are up and running on it in minutes because it is so intuitive. On the rare occasions when I've had a problem, the actual people who answer the support e-mail have given me extremely helpful, timely support.

Pros

This software has saved me so much time and has really streamlined our auction process. Everything about it is just intuitive. It just works! Every time there was something I thought it didn't do, I'd look it up in the support documentation or e-mail tech support and find that it did do it, I just hadn't found the right setting.

Cons

There's really nothing I don't like about it.

Response from Auctria

Sharon, a big thanks for sharing all the details regarding your experience with Auctria over the past few years. Repeat usage is the best compliment!

Year 4 with Auctria

Reviewed on 2019/04/28

This was year four of using Auctria for our annual school band charity auction. I helped choose it fours years ago and we've been using it ever since. We use it for selling tickets online and running our silent and live auction on event day. We have not fully utilized the mobile and online bidding capability, but perhaps we will in future. The software helps preparation, day-of-event, and after event work much easier for our team of volunteers. I highly recommend it.

Pros

Auctria is easy to use, so event day volunteers can be trained quickly. I also really like the useful reports.

Cons

When copying an old auction to use as the base for a new auction, I can't easily remember the several spots where dates need to be changed (date for when online ticket sales begin and end, date of actual auction event, any website related dates, etc...). Perhaps something could be added in the User Guide about this, so it would be easier to relearn what to do each time.

Response from Auctria

The mobile app is a great features to add to your next event, outbid notifications are instantaneous and helps bids rise higher- faster. Reach out [email protected] if you want more details.

Thanks for specifics on the copying old to new- will definitely share this with our development team. The user guide is always expanding.

James Z.

Auctria Works

Reviewed on 2019/08/21

Pros

The software is very flexible and adaptable to most situations. We have a quite varied donor type and item type and the software is quite useful for all.

Cons

I was unable to make a fancy looking gift certificate. I couldn't find out how to include the name of our auction in the gift certificate without "cramming" it into the item description for purposes of the certificate and then backing it out for printing the bid sheet. There is probably a better way but I could not find it.

Also, when inputting the donor name about half the time it jumped to the top of the page, and I had to scroll back to the donor part, and after that could put in the solicited...irritating and time consuming.

Response from Auctria

Thanks for taking the time review Auctria and state 10/10 liklihood to recommend.

Don't get frustrated James, Auctria help is ALWAYS nearby. Either through in-app messaging or email [email protected] Our support team is not 24 hours however do reply very quickly. You will receive an in-app chat log and and reply via email. The chat log history remains on file as well so you can go back and reference as needed.

We are here to help optimize the auction fundraiser to make your bids soar!