Auctria

Fundraising platform for online, silent & live auctions

4,8
4,9
4,6
4,5
4,8
Cäcille E.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

The BEST bang for your buck and more

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2019/05/28

Overall, for having this be the first and only auction software I've ever used, this has been an amazing experience. I loved learning the ins and outs of Auctria, and strongly recommend it for smaller auctions, and if the slight kinks are worked out, strongly recommend it for big auctions.

There's a lot of potential with Auctria, and I'm hoping they succeed. I think they will

Pros

I loved most everything Auctria has to offer.

1.) The team there is phenomenal. I don't think I've ever gotten such instant quality support on anything so consistently in my ENTIRE life. Literally, when I send a support email, I expect a reply back in maybe a day or two. Auctria responds in less than 3 hours, sometimes in literally HALF an hour. amazing.

2.) Even without all my nonsense questions, the guides that Auctria has are very detailed and I could relatively easily figure everything out myself – which I mostly did, but it's nice having the Auctria team to ask questions to. Especially since they're so accessible!

3.) Their features to capture donor information is second to none. My favorite thing about Auctria is how they made the capture of information BEFORE the event so simple and easy. The only thing that sucks was having to input "guest" information at the event, but Auctria tied every guest to the purchaser, so even then, they covered bases by allowing us to know who to contact if we needed something from someone.

4.) From silent auctions, to online, to even live, Auctria literally covers everything so well and seamlessly.

5.) Checking out final bids is so easy. no chasing down people for cc information – with maybe one or two who for some reason chose not to register their card.

Cons

1.) Auctria's only con that I found so far was with it's app and online bidding. I didn't find online bidding so seamless, when someone needs either an email address/bidding number and a password in order to log in. As I was testing the app, I found befuddled on why someone needed a password, and found that some people weren't able to make a password, effectively not allowing them to bid online.

I rectified this with having online kiosks, but we definitely lost some money because of this. We might not use Auctria next year because of this which saddens me. Making the online bidding process simpler though would make my team change their minds I'm sure.

Response from Auctria

Thanks for sharing your auction story. Happy to read Auctria surpassed your expectation for support help. Thanks for sharing the simplicity you found with the program.

Regarding the mobile app and access- bidders can be sent or given an access code to sign into the app or website without needing to set up a password. Please reach out to [email protected] so we can share more information and more details.

Thanks for being our cheerleader and hope all your fundraising goals are surpassed.

Molly B.

Auctria Review

Reviewed on 2019/10/14

Overall, Auctria helped run our auction smoother. Now that I have used it once, using it in the future will be a lot easier. The price is unbeatable for what you get.

Pros

The software is very easy to use. Check in and check out was easy for people to pick up.

Cons

I didn't like that checkout didn't include what the items where. Check out people had to go to the bidder profile and then to checkout. There is a lot of features which is wonderful but it would have been nice to have someone consult us before so we knew what features we needed and others that we didn't. The software is not very user friendly to individuals that have visual difficulties. When you invert the colors, it is very hard to see buttons.

Response from Auctria

Thank Molly for using Auctria for fundraising with Clarity Clinic of SW Wisconsin, LTD. Happy to read that you find check in and checkout easy.

Please reach to our support team for help using any features. Email: [email protected] or in-app messaging. We truly want you to have the best auction fundraising experience possible.

Regarding checkout and items is a bit upsetting, this is the core of the platform streamlining donor-item-bidding-checkout. During checkout all items, donations, for sale purchases are on the checkout screens as well as bidder statements. By default bidder Bidder statements will show all the activity: items won, purchases, donations and payments from bidders.

Bidder statements can be further modified to include or exclude: item description, item value, & tax deductible status.

Thanks for taking the time to leave these details so we can help. Hope all your future bids soar!

Lisa M.
Industry: Religious Institutions

First Time Online Auction - Went So SMOOTH!

Reviewed on 2020/10/27

This was our first year with an online auction. Typically we have a live auction 2 a year for our church. At first we were using paper tickets only and at the end it was a nightmare trying to calculate everyone's totals as they were waiting in line to pay. Over the years I have used Excel, MS Access and even Google Forms and Sheets. After last year's auction I decided I wanted an easier program and started looking. I had come up with another option but then COVID hit and another church used Auctria. They raved about it - so I looked into it. It really is easy to use. We did have a few people call the church office to ask some questions about registering and I received some emails for password resets (I just clicked the "send access token" button on their bidder page) and that was it!

We are definitely going to use this even when we go back to the Live Auction. We had several parishioners that really enjoyed bidding online (and believe me - not many were happy about it at first - people don't like change!) Several parishioners have asked if we will have a hybrid auction next year - part done online and go to Live. We are working out how we want to handle it, but know we will do some sort of combination next year.

We had several buyers that would not normally have been at our picnic and bid this year.

We had bidders that didn't win anything make a donation anyway.

All in all it was a successful first foray!

Pros

This is a very robust system - has a ton of capabilities - but it is VERY EASY to use! I took time to set up the auction at the beginning. I went through EVERY TAB to make sure that I had all of the setting the way we wanted them. I was able to chat with customer service and they were EXTREMELY helpful! Even on the weekends - when they should have been off - they still answered very quickly. They were able to code in some special requests for reports for me. They listened to product enhancement suggestions.

I liked the ability to paste a photo link for the items. I used a lightbox to photograph most items and I uploaded to my Google Account. I was easily able to get the photo address and paste it in item. Worked great! I also used the photo editing when I needed to add "Picture is a Representation". Very easy to use!

Cons

I wish that when bidders registered they could put in their company name as well. For us it is super important to recognize the company name as well as the person from the company. Both need the recognition. I ended up adding the company name (when I knew it) to the First and Last Name fields.

Sometimes I found the reporting cumbersome. I wanted to be able to see all of the items that were being bid on and see the bidder, with the price as well as the donor. A good snapshot report of everything. I was finally able to create something but I didn't see an easy way to add that to a "Favorites" Section. I kept forgetting where I finally found the report. Would be a nice add. I did use the save the view function. But I just could never remember which report to pull. :)

Response from Auctria

Lisa- gigantic thank you for taking time out of your day to leave a lovely detailed review. I do hope others find it useful.

It sounds like it was time for your group to shift to a more sophisticated auction system- so happy you chose Auctria. Moving from paper tickets, excel and google form & sheets hopefully save you quite a bit of time. You are an incredible resource for your church!!

RE; company name, good news- you can add that as a required field for registration, this can be found under Registration Options--> Ask for bidder's company-->yes/no.

RE: saving reports as favorites has come up before too, I'll add your vote for plus one to that one! Thanks for feedback- it is always appreciated as we continuously try to improve.

Congratulations to you and Queen of the Holy Rosary on a successful event!

Anne H.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Auctria auction review

Reviewed on 2019/08/27

We had a successful auction but my overall rating of auctria was a 6-7 out of 10 only because I feel there are some kinks they need to work on.

Pros

I liked that the customer service was quick to respond, I liked that the website portion was easy to use and create once I watched the tutorial.

Cons

I didn't like that the customer service reps weren't available for calls or instant messaging help.
I didn't like how difficult it was to set up the credit card system
I didn't like how difficult it was to set up the kiosk part

Response from Auctria

Thanks for the feedback Anne. As you stated Auctria's customer service is web/email/ message based and not phone support. This allows us to keep the license fee very low and more money in the pocket of the fundraiser.

We do run webinars regularly, these are live events and we do open it up to Q&A at the end. If you missed a topic they webinars are available for playback too. Love for you or your team to join us.

Sorry you had difficulty setting up the cc, our support team is always here to help. The good part is once its set up it's done, so there are no additional set-ups for your next auction fundraiser.

Our support team is always nearby, please reachout- [email protected]

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Quinn W.

Fantastic service

Reviewed on 2020/09/08

We were able to put our whole event website and catalog together in less than a week, and when we ran into any issues, the incredible help team went above and beyond, at one point working late into the night with us to get everything ready in time. Once we saw how good our auction looked, we upped our goal by $5K, and then went live. Auctria is more than a great value, it's a fantastic tool for any virtual fundraiser!!

Pros

The most fun feature was that everyone could see bids happen in real time! We hit our goal, and many of our supporters let us know that they had tons of fun seeing bids roll in, so I consider seeing the bids in real time to be an important motivator for hitting our goal.

The most useful feature was the mass upload function for photos and descriptions. We had 500 items, and could never have launched on time without this feature!

Cons

The backend portal to build the website was a bit limited — for example, I would have liked to be able to change the colors on the Donate buttons to match the rest of our custom colors. However, it was still better than what I saw with other products, and once we got the hang of it, it was easy to use.

Response from Auctria

Thank you Quinn for the very detailed review. I do hope this will help others make a favorable decision to use Auctria. "We hit our goall" is the what we love reading the most!

fyi- yes, you can edit the donate button colors on the website, if you want help for next time (or if you have the website still up for ongoing donations) email us [email protected] and we can help.

Zackary H.
Industry: Music

Great for our nonprofit!

Reviewed on 2019/10/02

Auctria increased the productivity of our 2019 annual fundraiser dramatically. This year we had 70% of last year’s attendance, and made $300 more than what we made gross last year. We were able to save time during check-in and checkout as the guests were processed before and after our auction. Our event stayed on time, and was even five minutes ahead of schedule for a while. Guests made comments about how professional our operation was and were impressed with the quickness and ease with which we handled their information. The reports we were able to generate regarding income helped us to understand how much money we had made very quickly, even before the evening had ended, so we were able to report our winnings to the guests to let them know how much they had helped us. Auctria is an amazing software for small nonprofit organizations that cannot afford to pay the exorbitant fees of other auction software companies. I one hundred percent would recommend this to another organization, and we will definitely be using it for all of our events in the future.

Pros

I liked how easy the software was to use, learn, and teach. It had a great user interface and is very organized, with options to easily create reports. This makes data sharing an easy process.

Cons

There was not a lot to dislike about the Auctria software. It was well described and demonstrated on the website, easy to understand, easy to purchase and implement. I really cannot think of anything I dislike.

Response from Auctria

Thanks Zackary for taking the time to leave really genuine and detailed comments. You said it all so nicely!

Hope you crush all your future fundraising goals.

Kate R.
Industry: Fund-Raising

For the price, it can't be beat

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/09/13

We used a different software for our first paddle raise fundraiser and it was sort of a disaster. It didn't have the functionalities that Auctria does, like sending out automatic receipts and customizable website. This year we're working on adding the mobile auction feature to increase our money raised.

Pros

Honestly, the price. It is SO much less expensive and has most of the same bells and whistles as more expensive software. It accomplished everything we needed.

Cons

The aesthetics of the site design could use some work. It would be amazing if it integrated smoothly with a more established web-building platform like Squarespace or Wix, but I realize that would likely affect the price.

Response from Auctria

Thanks Kate for taking the time to leave a review.

I'm already looking forward to your continued success with your next auction utilizing the mobile app. FYI, in the Welcome Back to Fall 2019 webinar we talk about some best practices with the mobile app. The webinar ran in August (and can be viewed for playback; and we are conducting another live webinar, same content 9/25. Webinars are open to everyone and always free.

Are you referring to the dedicated auction website? If so, I have good news- this is being upgraded right now and in final testing.

Please reach out if we can provide any additional help, [email protected]

Kyle K.
Industry: Education Management

Easy to use, great support and worked well.

Reviewed on 2020/03/30

Loved it and would use it again!

Pros

I really enjoyed using this software and it worked really well. Most features were easy to set up and the customer support was excellent!

Cons

Some of the time the program flow is a little hard to figure out and not logical.

Response from Auctria

Thanks Kyle for using Auctria. Also thanks for pointing out the full features of Auctria. Yes, registration & auctions are the core of the product. Also included with every license (no up-charge) are: selling tickets online and at the door, tables, raffles, check-in, check-out, close-out, paddle read, a dedicated website and the lsit goes on. The very best part is that it is ALL streamlined.

Hope you crushed your fundraising goals. Looking forward to you using Auctria for your next event fundraiser.

Kristin B.

Excellent platform for Fundraising Events

Reviewed on 2019/10/05

Excellent. Can’t wait to use again! Their customer service was outstanding and they are very thorough when answering questions!!!

Pros

We were so pleased with Auctria’s platform for our fundraiser. It is super user friendly and we were able to get questions answered so quickly through messaging. Our event went smoothly from beginning to end, thanks to Auctria’s help! We will definitely be using the software next year as well and have recommended to other event
Leaders to uses as well.

Cons

Not much we didn’t like!!! I would love for Auctria to possibly offer/list with permission, those in your area that have used the software and are familiar with the website so that if there is someone in your area, they would be able to meet you to train and discuss how it went and any hiccups along the way!

Response from Auctria

Love the title to this review "Excellent platform for Fundraising Events". Your genuine and kind words regarding Auctria are appreciated. Your recommendation to others is flattering.

Re: the note about finding other Auctria auction teams- we are active on Facebook and the page is OPEN for posts. Feel free to post on there to reach others in your region.

Hope all your future bids soar!

Christy F.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Auctria helped save our virtual fundraiser!

Reviewed on 2020/10/12

Overall, we would highly recommend Auctria to anyone wanting to use an user friendly software platform.

Pros

It is user friendly and intuitive. We had over 200 auction items that had to be entered and the system made it very easy to upload that information. The Customer Service is excellent. We utilized the Auctria Launch option and would HIGHLY recommend it. It was worth every penny.

Cons

We wished that the system would mandate that anyone registering for an auction must enter a credit card at the time of registration. We had a few people bid on items and then we could not obtain payment afterwards as they had no card registered and wouldn't respond to our requests for it.

Response from Auctria

So happy to read your fundraiser was saved,and that Auctria was a part of the 'saving'. Nice job!

RE: credit card required is an option that can be turned ON. "Require A Registered Credit Card To Bid" is turned off by default however this can be turned ON. In doing so bidders without a registered credit card will be prompted to register one before being able to place a bid online.

When you are working on another event reach-out to us on support and we can help guide the you.

Sorry to read a few people did not complete their activity, you can re-list those few items again and do a mini-event. Again, reach out to support for help, [email protected]

Thanks for using Auctria, thanks for your time in leaving a review.

Susan F.
Industry: Public Safety

"Take a Taste Out of Crime Online" First Time

Reviewed on 2020/07/07

While using an online auction website for the first time did involve much work and a lot of learning, in hindsight, it was much easier and less complicated than I thought it would be. Kudos to a top-notch support team; each representative was spot-on with prompt responses and (very patient) assistance.

If found the Facebook page extremely helpful; I appreciated the Facebook group where I could pose questions to "experienced" event planners in search of best practices used by others.

We have been toying with adding online bidding options to our in-person event for several years. We have received such overwhelming and positive response to the auction (professional appearance, ease of use), we have begun talking about how to perhaps incorporate technology (Auctria's platform!) in our 2021 event.

Pros

Since 2015 and prior to this year, we had been using the Auctria platform for our in-person event which included upwards of 160 silent auction items, 18 bucket raffles items, and "big item" raffles. It worked well to house sponsor and donor data as well as auction item information and details. Printing up pen-to-paper bid sheets was easy and simple.

With COVID19 restrictions, we had to move our fundraiser to an virtual event. Since much of our data was already entered into Auctria, it was easy to re-categorizing pieces from "silent" to "online." It was turn-key! Everything was linked and automatically connected to the auction website catalog pages. Our task then became taking and uploading pictures (using a phone camera!), and creating a website.

Cons

I found that some of the website templates for the auction website were cumbersome and limiting. In adding verbiage to the website homepage, I would have liked to have had more flexibility in font size choices and clearer information about padding and margins in text row blocks (this was the first time I have ever used a negative margin setting!!). My work around was to create a JPG text block and upload it as a picture.

While not a software issue, I found the User Guide drill-down method for linking additional information difficult to follow. Often times, I would click on links which suggested other links, which suggested even more links, and I would fink myself lost looking for the solution or answer to a question. On the other hand, tech support is amazing!

Response from Auctria

Susan- thanks for hi-lighting the FB Group Auction Team Talk in this review. We are happy you found it useful. To anyone else looking to connect with other auction teams & experts please join us.

Glad to see read your fundraiser was a success!

Eric R.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Great fundraising event with Auctria's help along the way

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2020/01/28

When I'm not volunteering my time for the school I'm an IT manager and software engineer. I began by doing a pretty substantial product comparison before we chose Auctria. After comparing Auctria to other products that cost 10x as much I had two main concerns:

1. How can it be so much more affordable than the competition (what's wrong with it)?
2. No phone or night-of support.

After using the product to host a fundraising event with an online/mobile silent auction with on-site kiosks, mobile and remote bidde, a live auction, games, and event with ticket sales and related website, I can say I was amazed at the value and support we received. The product has a ton of well-designed functionality built in. I'd like to feel like we used most of it but there were still areas we didn't touch.

As for the support, I have to agree with what many others have said. I've never seen such responsive e-mail support and I've been in the industry for 20 years. We must have sent at least 20 e-mails in the few months we had. They always responded quickly; at most by the next business day, but often the same day and sometimes within minutes. More importantly their responses were always very helpful. None of that having to battle through two levels of support before you get to anyone that knows anything. Sometimes, rather than just explain how to do something, they would make a change for us and then explain the "how". They have good documentation and were always very courteous and helpful.

Pros

Excellent price.
Excellent support.
Well-designed flexible platform that supported our needs.
Modern simple-to-use interface with well thought-out workflows such as check-in/out.
Built-in support for credit cards.
Built-in ways to engage with bidders, donors, etc.
Built-in reporting, export and import functionality.

Cons

Lack of premium support option for off-hours support the night of the event (at least at the time). We did fine without it but I can understand that being a deal breaker for some. It nearly was for me, but I'm glad we decided to go with Auctria.

At first we were planning to use the live auction website tool for the live auction, but found it was easier to get the presentation we wanted using Powerpoint. With all the enhancements they keep making that can very well have changed by now.

Response from Auctria

Eric-- your review encapsulates Auctria's mission and culture!

Eric's review says everything we strive for. Auctria is an easy to use, powerful tool to run your fundraising events. Take your auction to new heights and raise more for your cause.

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a detailed review. Hope you crushed your fundraising goals.

Judith M.

The best deal in town!

Reviewed on 2019/12/04

This is an excellent product/solution for event management. It is very easy to teach new volunteers or staff to use it, and it does everything we need for our auction event that much more expensive packages have. I often recommend this to other nonprofits. Tremendous value for the price!

Pros

The ease of use, user friendly. The tutorials are straightforward and support team is superb! Whenever something new is introduced (not a frequent issue, but there have been a couple of updates in the 5 years I have used it), the support team is VERY responsive. And works to get answers and help when needed.

The Stripe integration is excellent, and the website set up is very, very easy for a non-web designer.
Also love the history within each bidder file. Reports are great. It's fast and works VERY well in the flurry of an auction or other fundraising event. The fluidity of issuing statements (email or hard copy) has proven valuable in collecting donation pledges/receivables MUCH faster.

Cons

I would like to be able to label an event something other than an "Auction" and sometimes use other terminology such as "Guest" instead of "Bidder". This was the first time I used the software for a $0 ticket price event (totally paid for by sponsorships) and some of the wording on the online sign up was awkward. Will be interested in seeing if there is a better way to set that up next time.

Response from Auctria

Judith, 5 years and 5-stars across the board!

Thanks for taking the time to leave such a detailed review. I'm SURE this will help others understand your usage of Auctria and how it can help other groups with an auction-event-fundraiser.

Re: website titles reach out to our support team- we are getting ready to launch a brand-new designer beginning 2020 that I hope will make you even happier. If you want to use right now we can do a one-off-beta for you. Email [email protected] or in-app messaging.

Hope you crush all your fundraising goals!

Brad O.

Auctria Is An Incredible DIY Auction Program

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/08/27

I looked at so many different programs. This one was so good when we went back to a paper-based silent auction, the item descriptions, bid sheets, catalog, and back office capability was so good we renewed the subscription. Of note, the mobile bidding is incredible and easy to use.

Pros

The user tile-based interface is intuitive. The dashboard both takes you where you need to go in the program and has updating totals, clocks, and other real-time features and not just static buttons. The back office and forms section for standard and customized bid sheets, item descriptions, table management cards are amazingly easy as they scaled themselves to fit our differing page formats. The post-auction reports are clear and concise. We really needed and appreciated the Excel import feature of all info. Now, the biggest worry you'll have in DIY auction program is customer service. They are in Canada, and they reply via text box and email. Before you click off this review let me tell you Rob and the customer service gang really answer the text box. I know it says hours but they never took more than minutes to answer my many questions. In fact, last year when there was a significant issue during the event, their super quick response saved the day as it was our first year running a mobile bidding platform. In terms of that, the text-based versus app-based system was flawless. Also, uploading item pictures and contributor's logo was super easy and translated across the bid sheet, item description, website, and catalogue. Oh, and let me tell you, the push-the-button catalog function, bid sheet function, item description function was so good, when we went back to a paper bidding system it was worth every bit of the subscription fee.

Cons

The tabs across the top of each feature page to customize need visual improvement to be as easy to click on and have a hover function to describe what they do. I'd have them add more to the report section where there could be item sales analysis of what went above and below value and group them to see what items would be good to have next year and which ones didn't work well both at a item and category level. Lastly, there needs to be a "cart" function. Mobile bidders want to highlight the five to ten items they want to bid on during the night. A really nice improvement would be a cart where like on eBay, they don't have to go in and out of pages to re-bid, rather their items are on one screen and they can bid up those items in their cart.

Response from Auctria

Brad! Love that you shared your exact experience with lots of details, how & whys.

Thanks for the comment "Now, the biggest worry you'll have in DIY auction program is customer service. They are in Canada, and they reply via text box and email. Before you click off this review let me tell you Rob and the customer service gang really answer the text box. I know it says hours but they never took more than minutes to answer my many questions."

... and Brad, you must have spider-man-senses? We are exploring the shopping cart type functions.

Glad to see you used the mobile application too. The immediate outbid notifications really help bids soar.

Hope you crush all your fundraising goals!

Ute C.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Great software for gala and auction

Reviewed on 2019/05/30

Overall, it was great to have this software for the entire organizing process of our hospital gala. We are talking a very elaborate event with about 250 guests, 100+ donors, and over 150 auction items. In the past all of these things got tracked in multiple spread sheets and if anything changed, it would have been a disaster. This year, using Auctria, everything was in one place, very easy to see in detail or at a glance. If guests or meals or seating arrangements changed, it was so easy to do and follow and just to stay on top of it.
I realized, that even though I have been using this system for a few month prior to our gala, there are still many functions we have never even touched.
I would highly recommend this software and am extremely glad I did decide for this particular software (never used any other one, but wouldn't switch), but also recommend to take the time to read the manual, play around and take time to understand the many many function to utilize it to its best potential.

Pros

I enjoyed how intuitive the use of the software was. Anything I wanted to do, was possible with this software. There were a couple times were I would provide my volunteers with a log in and they basically figured it out on their own as it was very easy to use and understand the software. Setting up the website, took a little time, but also once I understood how it worked, not a big deal. Enjoyed that I had all info from guests names, seating arrangements, auction items, donors and supporters and much more all handy in one place. Made the reconciliation at the end very easy. I did use an outside budget for this time, but think in the future I would purely use Auctria for that as well. Now that the event is over, it is great to still be able to see all the guests info and pull all different reports we may want to see. The customer service was great in answering any questions I had ahead of time via email, but unfortunately I was never given a phone number to connect with them on the spot. And as it is most often for me, I usually wait with doing something until it needs o be done now and if I couldn't get an instant answer I had to wait and get back at it later. Not their fault, more my own, but I wished sometimes there would have been a live chat or phone number to call. Even though, usually their replies came within a couple hours or overnight as I am on the west coast.

Cons

There isn't much I didn't like.
I guess the only thing I didn't understand until we were at the event was that we had the 0.3% charge on Auctria per transaction + the 2.69% on Stripe. The system does show the option to add those fees to the invoice, but we didn't realize it until it was too late. So now we have to cover a pretty large invoice of stripe fees we didn't expect. Anyways, more my fault for not paying attention to ahead of time. But in the future I would certainly add that to the guest check-out or if they want to not pay it, just charge more on our credit card machines then through the system.

I also had a couple guests that commented that they weren't able to go back into their registration and make changes to their guest list or meal selection. This must have been a glitch in the system, but wasn't a big deal.
For my side, I found it a little confusing with the e-tickets and ticket statements and such, as they weren't fully clear to me what each of them was about and even more so, I thought I had it set up that everyone how registered would receive it automatically. This was only the case for the people that self-registered but not the ones I added manually.

Response from Auctria

Hi Ute, thank you SO MUCH for the detailed review, it's sure to help others understand the power and simplicity of Auctria. With 250 guests 100+ donors and 150 auction items sounds like a success--happy to read Auctria helped you ditch the spreadsheets!

Yes, Auctria is full of even more features, join our free webinars or watch on playback when it convenient for you to learn more.

Also, we invite you and your auction team to follow Auctria on Facebook & Twitter to get even more tips and auction fundraising advice.

Penny B.
Industry: Religious Institutions

Excellent Product. Worth every single cent!

Reviewed on 2017/05/12

Accurate accounting of the major fundraiser (other than our annual operating fund campaign) for our church. Also ability to maintain and manage accounts receivable (we don't take payment on the night of our auction). Help in recruiting volunteers for the auction - volunteer data entry is easier to come by when the data entry can be done remotely and is easy to learn. Our church is just a medium-sized one (350 members) and we cannot afford to spend thousands to have someone come in and run our yearly auctions. A yearly cost of less than what we pay is far less than the value we receive for this software. Our auctions have reached thousands od dollars in income the past two years. We are very excited about that. My ONLY concern is that should Auctria go out of business that we would lose all our data. THAT would be awful. I would hope and pray that we would be offered CSV files of all our data before it "disappeared."

Pros

Multi-user, retention of data by auction, emailing of invoices and donation receipts, and the ability to copy data from one auction to the next. Exceptional customer support and response. Our church uses this software so our auction's donors and bidders are mostly the same people. We auction items that have multiple winners (gourmet dinners, themed parties, etc. ). A few emails back and forth was all it took to get the software to handle this accurately. I searched quite a long while for a replacement for our ancient software (that was a multi-user nightmare) and I hit the jackpot when finding Charity Auction Organizer. I am a retired programmer/analyst and this software was easy to learn, has excellent Help, and the personalized support we needed. Taking awhile to get used to the newest version with Auctria, but we'll get there. Have used this product for four of our church's auctions and one other non-profit auction. We'll be using it again November 2018.

Response from Auctria

Auctria was built for groups like yours!
Auctria is not going anywhere. Even if you stop using Auctria the data is yours to access.
We pride ourselves on full features and great value.

To ease your mind Auctria does have export features under Import/Export -> Export and any report on the screen can be exported as a PDF/XLS/CSV file using the 'Actions' menu at the bottom of the page.

Elizabeth G.
Industry: Religious Institutions

Excellent Reasonably Priced Software Product!

Reviewed on 2019/12/11

A+ experience. A great product.

Pros

Auctria has thought of just about everything needed for a Silent Auction. Gift certificates, display sheets, bid sheets, receipts, and online catalogs. Everything prints from the system seamlessly. They have kept up with technology by adding online features. The ability to text winners s added in the last few years has made our auction close out so much smoother. Technical support is incredibly responsive -- I usually have a response within an hour or two on the rare occasion I have a problem.

Cons

Some of the functionality is buried too deep- or requires an additional step --especially on Auction close out. Since I use the close out only once a year for an annual auction, sometimes I find I can't easily find a particular function during the craziness of check out. For example, when you put in a bidder for check out only their total comes up -- not their individual items. It took awhile to figure out how to find their list of items they actually won.

Response from Auctria

So nice to read reviews from admin's like you, Elizabeth, that have used Auctria for multiple years. Thanks for the loyalty and the 10/10 likelihood to recommend. That means a lot!

Truly appreciate the feedback on closeout. We did run a webinar on this topic, it is available at any time for playback-- however we did not cover this exact feature. We will consider doing so for the next one. If you CAN attend a webinar live we do open it to questions & answers at the end. Hope to 'see' you online.

Hope you crush all your fundraising goals at North Parish of North Andover.

Cecil B.

Auctria is Outstanding

Reviewed on 2019/09/26

Auctria is very open to suggestions for improvement. Most importantly they ALWAYS answer questions about issues or problems in a VERY prompt manner using their online chat tool.

Pros

This is a great package for running silent, online auctions as well as managing event registration and ticket sales. We were looking for a reasonably priced solution to run our annual UN-Gala fundraising event. We looked at a lot of different packages. Auctria was clearly the best for the money.

We use it to sell tickets and register guests/bidders. To run the online/silent auction, the live auction and the fund-a-need auction at the event. And to checkout winning bidders at the end of the night.

Cons

Actually, I don't dislike anything about the software. I wish someone / somewhere would come up with a good way of entering fund-a-need auction bids in real time so that the bids don't get lost in the transcription.

Response from Auctria

Thanks Cecil for the detailed review. Really enjoy reading how you used so many features to run the entire auction event for Palmetto Animal Assisted Life Services UN-Gala. As you described the continuity throughout the entire event remains all on one platform for streamlined efficiency.

As of now, as you stated the fund a need does require a spotter and entering the information to the system.

Note: the development team has fund-a-need optimizer on the list, I'll add your +1. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter as we post all enhancements as they roll out.

Thanks also for the shout out to the support team, I will share your feedback.

Hope all your bids soar!

Katie B.
Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

First Virtual Silent/Live Auction

Reviewed on 2020/06/14

We were hugely successful in our fundraiser this year. We raised the most money ever. We learned so much through this process, and will surely use Auctria for our future auction fundraisers. I have already recommended this program to other schools in similar circumstances to our own.

Pros

The updated edition of the Auctria program allowed us to make an attractive website where people could find lots of information about our event from a countdown to fundraising thermometer, ticket purchase, item catalogue and video footage.

We were able to integrate the software into our first ever virtual auction. We utilized many features of the Auctria program, as well as, new features. We used the features for raffles, silent, live auction as well as cash donations. It was easy to use, and when we encountered issues or questions, we just reached out to the Auctria team for clarification and support. They were quick to respond and helped us navigate going virtual.

Cons

Sometimes our team struggled to understand some of the features of the software or how to integrate features into the website. In these circumstances, the Auctria team answered our questions or assisted our team in developing a solution that fit our needs.

Response from Auctria

Wow Katie. Thanks for your time in leaving a detailed review. This will surely help others understand both the power and flexibility of Auctria.

So happy to read you raised the most money ever. Congratulations on a job well done by you and your team!

Thanks for the referral to others-that is the best compliment we can receive.

Karen M.
Industry: Fund-Raising

Auctria is Amazing!

Reviewed on 2018/10/12

Check out for our gala was always the most stressful part of the event. Auctria makes us look like pros. No more waiting in lines divided by the alphabet; any volunteer station can help any guest. There are no more piles of paper to sort and add the bids by hand. We honestly have very short lines at checkout which makes our last impression of the evening a good impression. In additions, we now have a great database of information about all aspects of our gala.

Pros

Auctria is so easy to use which is very important. My favorite feature is the amazing customer service. We've used Auctria for 4 years and Auctria makes improvements every year. They don't just make changes, they make IMPROVEMENTS. They incorporate the changes in a suttle way so we aren't completely re-training our volunteers every year, we just have to point out the new features.

Cons

The first year most of the credit cards were rejected because of the processor. The next year Auctria incorporated Authorize.net which enabled a variety of processors to work with Auctria. We used the processor we normally use for processing cards online and everything went smoothly.

Response from Auctria

THANK YOU for this feedback "Auctria makes us look like pros." and "Auctria is Amazing"

Thanks for the 4-year review! We are humbled by your kind words yet pleased to read you enjoy all the new features and updates.

Fun Fact: we started Auctria because we volunteered to run an auction fundraiser many years ago and they were using pencil & paper & nothing else! There had to be a better way! Happy to read you too have eliminated the check-out lines and put smiles on your bidders faces at the end of the night!

Truly we appreciate all feedback and use it daily to make each event even better than the previous one.

Laura S.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

A fantastic tool in the toolbox!

Reviewed on 2019/10/29

I took great comfort in knowing that myself and my co-chair could work seamlessly on this same tool, and all information would be up to date with her/my entries. The dashboard was also a nice recap to share with the Board our progress toward our fundraising and ticket sales goals.

Pros

I loved the standardized collection and cross-reference of donors, items, and online ticket purchasing. I also liked the tracking of incomes and expenses as it made the wrap-up of the event very easy.

I also liked the new slide-show of item images for the online catalog.

Next time I would like to take advantage of the pre-bidding, online!!

Cons

I wish there were a place to have Sponsors submit their logos, and a dedicated field for them to indicate how they would like to be referenced on a "Sponsor Board".

This is a very small thing, but when entering an item or a bid or other elements, it would be nice for the save button to be at the bottom of the screen as well, as that is the natural place for a user to look, instead of having to scroll back to the top and look on the right-hand side for the "save" button.

Response from Auctria

Love that your love the "standardized collection and cross-reference of donors, items, and online ticket purchasing". We truly mean it when we say the entire auction is streamlined and you described this so well!

I will share your +1 for the lower save button with our dev team.

Your very kind comments motivate us each day to help groups fundraise for all the beautiful causes. Hope all your fundraising is grand-slam!

Frances S.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Brilliant database, outstanding support.

Reviewed on 2019/07/07

The thought of keeping track of all the bidders and auction items with multiple spreadsheets, or even setting up our own database was daunting. Auctria solved it for us. The developers' knowledge of how auctions work was especially helpful. Auctria anticipated many of our needs before we even realized we would need them.

Pros

It is a well-designed, very extensive database. Covers all the bases. The support team is outstanding, always available to answer questions and make recommendations. I've never had to wait more that a few minutes to hear back.

Cons

I have the most trouble working with the Auctria-generated auction web site features. A big learning curve for me there. Also editing system email docs (under the new beta feature). I'm not all that strong with html and some of the finished results are not as expected. But it's beta, so I look forward to improvements. The support team has been more than patient helping me through my issues with the web site.

Response from Auctria

Brilliant & outstanding are adjectives we love to read on our reviews. Especially since this means Auctria helped raise money for a great cause!

Yes, the email beta is being updated to drag and drop (in fact it may be different than you used if it was a few weeks ago). Tip: try out any new features on the Auctria demo to keep your data clean.

Glad to read our support team was helpful, reach out any time through the in-app messaging or email [email protected]

Hope you crush your fundraising goals.

Mary M.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Lots of bang for the buck

Reviewed on 2020/03/24

We are a small non-profit without a lot of resources. We needed a robust and accurate solution to help us produce our gala which usually attracts 400 guests. Auctria provides the tools we needed to accomplish that without making a huge investment.

Pros

We have an annual gala with ticket sales, silent auction, and more. Auctria has a lot of functionality including online sales, online auction, forms, reports, and an event website editor. You can also send messages based on different criteria to your guests. Was able to create invoices that were automatically sent out after online purchases through the event website. The price is quite low for all the functionality. We used the online messaging feature to get technical support many times (included) and the response time was pretty quick, within hours.

Cons

The user interface took some getting used to. It would be great to have a way to integrate with a CRM. We use Salesforce and there is a lot of data entry to keep our systems in sync. The online bidding during our event was a little complicated. May be a lot for someone without any exposure to setting up these kinds of websites.

Response from Auctria

Love your title of the review "lots of bang for the buck". As you stated, Auctria is full featured and glad to read yo used almost all!

Thanks for taking the time to leave a detailed review Mary. 400+ guests is quite an undertaking, hope you crushed your goals.

Barry B.

Miamisburg Rotary Club - Auction

Reviewed on 2019/03/16

We've been using Auctria twice a year for 4 or 5 years for our Rotary Club Charity Auction and for our local Merchants Association Charity Auction. Of the different options, Auctria provides the best functionality and services for the price.

Pros

Auctria is an immense help for our organization with tracking bidders, item, accounts and reporting all associated data with our charitable auction. We save a LOT of time and effort over using our own spreadsheets.

Cons

There are minor adjustments to functionality that may help with some of our internal uses. The Auctria staff has looked into some of our ideas, (some dealing with pre-loading bidder numbers) but while it couldn't be done exactly as we had imagined, they were able to help us with a work around to meet our needs. Another occasional glitch is when a silent auction item fails to get the minimum bid, but was allowed to be purchased for below the minimum bid amount, we aren't always able to override the minimum, but have to go in and manually lower the minimum to be able to process the sale. Not a biggie, just a time consuming action (that I believe we've figured another work around for that). Overall, there aren't any significant "cons".

Response from Auctria

Two times a year for 4 years and still 10/10 likelihood to recommend!

Thanks for taking the time to leave this review. We know time is money- especially when fundraising, so happy to read that Auctria was and is a time saver.

We have all been there trying to do an auction with spreadsheets... that's why we built Auctria from the ground up in 2011 and continue to add features to make auction fundraising easy.

Sharon L.
Industry: Religious Institutions

Auctria helped us move on-line

Reviewed on 2020/07/14

Best auction software I've ever used. We've used it for three years for an in person auction. We had to go all on-line this year due to the pandemic, so for many of our participants, it was their first time to really interact with the website. We got rave reviews and comments like why would we ever do this any other way.

Pros

This software is amazing - it does absolutely everything I need it to. This is my fourth year using Auctria, and every year I discover an easier way to do something in the program. They continually improve the software, and it is clear they listen to their customers' needs.

Cons

I was reminded in helping a new user from another church that it can be a little tough to find some of the tools and menus until you get used to it and learn all the terminology.

Response from Auctria

Love reading "Best auction software I've ever used." and that this comes from a 3x user is quite powerful. Wow Sharon- your detailed review and comparison with other platforms is extremely helpful. Thanks for taking the time to share. Hope you crush your fundraising goal!