Waystar Reviews

Waystar

Improve your revenue cycle management

4.5/5 (81 reviews)
Altrina T.

Waystar/Zirmed

Reviewed on 2018/12/31

Pros

what I like most about waystar/zirmed is the ability to perform most of the functions I need with one program, I can verify most of the insurances we use including medicare and getting same/similar information from medicare. i love the rejected claims dashboard and how I can sort to be able to notice trends. they show the claim rejected by waystar/zirmed and claims rejected by the payer. patient payments are easy to use to make payments and have the ability to email a receipt immediately for a payment you took. but what I like most about the patient payments is the ability to set up an autopay this can be done with ca credit card or through a bank account. there are so many great functions with this I cannot possibly write them all down. a new function that was added when they switched from Zirmed to Waystar was the homepage. it allows you to set a homepage so now when log in it takes me the remit tab where I can see payments. we use waystar as our clearinghouse and submit and receive claims, remits electronically and can autopost payments from waystar to our billing software which cuts down on time if we would have to manually post.

Cons

I would like to them to add a way to have an open-ended autopay. if we have a patient on oxgyen and it rents forever we still have to put in a total amount so at some point it will stop.

Mike J.

Waystar (Formerly Zirmed)

Reviewed on 2019/01/21

Before we got Waystar (Zirmed), we would either submit the claims on paper (which is hard to track) or through the payers provider portal. We would need to maintain a dozen or so username and password for various websites. You would need to sign up for a lot of websites.

With Waystar, all you need is one username and password. You can electronically submit claims to various payers with one click. Waystar will scrub the claim to see if there are any front end rejections. If the payer rejects the claim, you can correct it within Waystar without having to go back to the EMR and correct it. You can track your claims within Waystar. You can download an excel spreadsheet with the information you need.

Pros

You have the ability to correct claims that get rejected by the insurance company. Waystar will scrub your claims even before they sent it off you the insurance company. The layout is very user-friendly and straight forward. If the Payer allows it, remittance advice can be downloaded and uploaded to the EHR software. Claims can be copied if you have to enter them manually. YOu don't need to reenter the whole patient information over and over again.

Cons

You'll need to call in order to add a child account. The claims status should be updated if the claim has been paid. Right now, the last status you'll get us if the claim is recieved by the Payer.

Derek C.

Used mainly for confirming insurances are valid/active

Reviewed on 2018/06/27

Day to day insurance validity checks and billing that has a set price per bill instead per page. National address database check before sending bills to the wrong clinic

Pros

Able to run my clinic day to day knowing that patients have valid insurance and possible deductible amount. Allows us to give best patient care without unknowing giving the patient a big bill that will be from care rendered and deductible amount. Zirmed increases my clinic's ability to inform patient of deductible amounts prior so that patient understands amount they may be billed and the reason for the bill. From this, it gives patients the autonomy in their care. Zirmed also has a billing service that allows for import from billing software with set prices per bill (not page) and it checks a national database with address to make sure the bill is going to the correct patient.

Cons

The may con I have had with this is that our clinic representative left the company and we were not informed and the phone number wasn't reassigned or disconnected, which left me waiting for a return call that never came. After calling customer service, I was then reassigned

Jenny B.

Great customer service and sales team.

Reviewed on 2018/07/12

efficient claims processing, denials management, great reports with comparrisons to others in the same industry.

Pros

Their customer service lives up to the 3 ring rule. Customer service are very pleasant and helpful on the phone. If your question is beyond that department they listen to all of your questions or concerns and directly transfer you to the right person/department to help with your needs. I am been very happy with their live training. The videos for additional tools and training are very specific you are able to accomplish what you need to learn. I have found the sales team to be very accommodating when renewing products. I have found their fees for the credit card /Payleap to be the best prices out there.

Cons

Not able to interface payments directly in to our EMR software. I know they have plans to eventually make this happen. I am hoping it will be soon.

Brittany E.

6 Years of Use-Happy Customer

Reviewed on 2018/03/08
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

We were a fairly small practice when we started with Navicure (8 physicians) and grew to almost 30 providers. Navicure worked great even as we grew.

Pros

The messaging system you can use for issues/questions is usually responded to pretty quickly, reps are nice via telephone also. Easy system, user friendly. Didn't require much training. it gives you the option to correct claims directly in Navicure, or cancel and resend from your billing system. Printable reports when needed, easy sorting.

Cons

There aren't really any I recall, but it would have been very nice to have two way communication (meaning the changes made in Navicure would be sent back to the billing system). For this reason we chose to cancel the claims and correct them in the billing system to avoid the possibility of forgetting to update in the billing system after it was done in Navicure.

Dorota L.

Great resource

Reviewed on 2019/06/11

Overall Waystar has been invaluable to our company. It's a one stop shop for us for claims and payments.

Pros

This product is contracted with most insurance companies to submit Professional or Institutional claims all in one place. And, it also provides electronic remittances. Product is very easy to use and customer service is always there to help. We only use the product for claims submissions, remittances and patient billing. We don't use it for eligibility checks.

Cons

I don't like that we sometimes have to wait months for customer service to come up with a resolution for any claims issues we have. And, sometimes it takes weeks for a customer service representative to work on our cases. We also wished to would give us more details on patient eligibility, but they don't and so we don't use it for that.

Jenny B.

From sales to accounting to support, all the employees have honored the 3 ring rule. Everyone is he

Reviewed on 2017/09/19

Expense! Although I do experience the value of your product and services as positive. I really think Symphony should be the standard application for users. There is so much more to help a biller get their work done and information available at their finder tips!

Pros

I especially like Perform Reporting for the fee schedules and payments. The graphs and drill down gives us many options to choose from. Claims appeal process is swift and the pre-written appeal letters really help a lot. It is a time saver to correct the claims in Navicure. I only have to change my claim status in ECW. Now that we are on Symphony I have more choices to look over and use. We are able to look at the ERA denials as well which has been very helpful. More information and drill downs.

Lauren A.

Great Clearinghouse

Reviewed on 2018/11/06

I have used Waystar for three years (when it was Zirmed first), and I have never had any major issues. They help me resolve not just issues with their service or website, but with claims as well when the insurance says there is a timely filing or other filing issue.

Pros

I love how Waystar has EVERYTHING - claims, eligibility, patient payments, remits. And the reporting makes it easy to track what claims haven't been paid, or where there are errors in your claims that are preventing it from being paid. Appealing claims on Waystar is super easy, and tracking down claims that were paid but somehow didn't get into your EMR is also really easy.

Cons

The set up is a little cluttered, but no big deal in the grand scheme of things.

Nate R.

Absolutely Best In Class Billing Software

Reviewed on 2018/04/19
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

It really is best in class. Easy for billing, has long list of insurance companies they interface with, the only thing that could be improved would be eligibility checks.

Pros

Has integrations with almost every possible insurance company in the States. Easy to make edits and track payments. Has fantastic denial tracking and easy to make re submissions on denials. Eligibility checks are also fairly easy even though its probably its weakest component.

Cons

Eligibility checks could be improved somewhat. The reports are nice, but are time consuming to go through. No easy way to see if patients insurance has changed without going through them one by one.

Kari T.

There are better clearinghouses

Reviewed on 2018/12/04
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I like that it integrates, but when I actually have to get on the website it's frustrating and confusing.

Pros

- It integrates with one of our Practice Management software programs so we don't have to go on the website very often
- The customer support is pretty fast, unless a ticket has to be escalated

Cons

- There are many different packages so you might be able to do everything you need, but you have to pay for the most expensive package to do it. We have one of the more basic ones because we decided that it wasn't worth the cost since our PM did a lot of the same stuff already. But whenever I try something and it says we don't have that function, it's pretty frustrating.
- You have to open a ticket to enroll an insurance payor, I think. That's how I do it and I can't find any other option for payer enrollment on the site. We have another clearinghouse we use that allows you to create enrollment paperwork so you can actually see what you need before going forward with the enrollment.
- Patient Statements are on a completely different site with a separate login. I can see that we've uploaded a batch, but I have to go on another site to view the batch.
- The "Purchased Products" section in Manage Account is very confusing. They don't just say what package you have and the services that come with it. It just list a bunch of their services and if you have them or not. You can filter out your Purchased services, but that still includes anything you've EVER had with them, even for a trial and then canceled. And it has a bunch of rates for each thing that I'm assuming are included in the bundle, but if so, they shouldn't list it. I would prefer explanations to what each service is, as well. It's just not very user friendly.

5.0/10
Cyrena A.

Using Navicure for the 1st time was fairly easy.

Reviewed on 2018/01/16

Easier way to find the reason of the rejected and denied claims daily.

Pros

Navicure is absolutely great for daily reporting! There are various reports that can be review such as the daily productivity, rejection and denial type on your claims. You can work them by the denied reason, insurance company or the dates of service.

Cons

Some of the rejections reason/descriptions are not that clear and sometimes will need the help from customer service to determine the best way to fix however here is short wait time to get assistance. The rejection also sometime duplicate in more than on category but when one is completed it does remove it's self from the other categories as well.

Portia F.

Very user friendly.

Reviewed on 2017/09/19

Navicure sends all of our practice's electronic and paper claims quickly which gets us our payments faster.

Pros

The software is very user friendly. I like how it catches edits that I've missed and alerts me prior to sending the claim. Customer service reps are always friendly, helpful and quick.

Cons

The only thing I can think of right now is that you're not able to transfer incorrectly scanned items in the Patient Documents Administrative area. We would have to delete it and rescan it. Other than that everything's great.

Kathy K.

I have had great support from credentialing to claim submission.

Reviewed on 2017/09/25

Clean claim submissions. The transitions to 5010 and ICD10 went very smooth.

Pros

The ease of uploading claims and downloading ERA's. The ability to drill into claim rejections to find out where in the process the claim was denied and why.

Cons

Trying to determine if I'm choosing the correct payer from the drop down list. It would help to have a claims address attached to help reduce questions. Payer list sorting is a bit slow. It would help to be able to choose the beginning name letter to go to a group more quickly.

Victoria W.

Best product I have used in 25 years of Healthcare Admin

Reviewed on 2017/09/21

Easy to track and send claims. Easy to stay current on rejected claims. Easy to fix and resubmit corrected claims. Easy to review remits.

Pros

Intuitive functionality. Great customer service. Claim history that is readable & accessible. Claims correction on site.

Cons

I wish that there was a "Print" function for printing claims history that was easier than the current set up. We often need to appeal timely filing denials. I know HOW to make the data print, but it would be easier if I could just hit a print button.

Penny N.

Navicure is awesome. We rarely have any problems with eligibility with Navicure.

Reviewed on 2017/09/19

Eligibility checks and clearing house.

Pros

So easy to use . And great support when I forget my password or have any other issue. Customer support is very friendly and knowledgeable and tries to help anyway possible even giving advice as to what may be wrong even if it is not a Navicure issue.

Cons

Occasionally Navicure and our system don't "talk" to each other and I have to manually check eligibility but even when I have to do that it works efficiently.

Amanda E.

I have always had outstanding customer support and the ease of use is very helpful.

Reviewed on 2017/09/19

It has made the ease of electronic billing very simple and helpful. We went from paper billing and this software could not be anymore user friendly.

Pros

It is extremely easy to navigate and the statistical information is important to us as a practice. We report to a board that requests this information monthly and it is as simple as pulling up Navicure.

Cons

Sometimes the insurance denials are hard to decipher what is actually wrong with the claim and i usually have to call in.

Denise N.

Waystar is amazing!

Reviewed on 2019/07/18

Overall we're very happy with the software and would recommend.

Pros

The process of selecting claims to bill and seeing what you've already submitted is easy and the ability to correct claims on the spot is such a time saver. We are able to see payments in about 7 days which is helping our practice stay financially stable

Cons

Some of the graphs are difficult to use but I didn't go through the entire training on that so that is on me.

Kassy S.

I have been using Zirmed for over a year now and it is everything I need it to be.

Reviewed on 2017/10/31

All in one claim processing.

Pros

Claims billing, makes my job faster and easier, I love that I can bill almost every insurance with just the one program. I also LOVE the electronic EOB's and the fact that the auto populate in my practice management software.

Cons

The only thing I would be able to say is less than Ideal is the patient statement section. It doesn't always send statements in a timely manner. After my initial setup my statement went out, but the next month I uploaded statements again and was told that there was a margin error. It was fixed but it caused a delay in statement processing.

Marci F.

Easy to use, great customer support

Reviewed on 2019/09/08

We have used Zirmed/Waystar for several years. It has improved our claims payment time and decreased denials.

Pros

We use Waystar to submit professional claims. Customer support has always been very good and the site is easy to use. Help features are also of great value when we hire new staff or need to find answers to questions.

Cons

I do not have any complaints or suggests for improving the software. It meets our needs completely.

Elana H.

Great Product

Reviewed on 2018/12/12

Waystar has helped to bundle processes into one solution. Ins verification, Claims, and patient statements are all in one system.

Pros

I like the ease of use. Offers several different functions for the providers office that allows us to streamline processes.

Cons

Every time I log in to the system, I have to agree to terms of use. There should be an option to agree to this in the beginning and not have to do every time.

Tina K.

Too Many Hidden Fees

Reviewed on 2019/05/31

I canceled my contract with them, and they would not allow me to cancel and I had to ride it out until the end and pay all their hidden fees. This is ridiculous and a mistake signing up with them. Our payment processing with them got very expensive because they did not have a chip reader for the credit card transactions. They have a magnetic stripe credit card swipe that you can buy for $99 that doesn't work 90% of the time, so we ended having to manually key in each transaction which causes the processing fees to be much higher and on top of that we had to pay them a monthly fee to use their product. I ended up switching to a different credit card processing company that gave a rate that is 15% less than their processing rate, they don't charge a monthly fee, they don't have a contract, and they don't have any hidden fees. So having to ride out this contract and using the new company to process my credit card transactions will save me more money than if I use them until the end of my contract. Lesson learned.

Pros

The payments for the patients were listed and you can access it anytime to verify payments.

Cons

All the hidden fees and it got expensive with them not having a chip reader for the credit card transactions. They have a magnetic stripe credit card swipe that you can buy for $99 that doesn't work 90% of the time, so we ended having to manually key in each transaction which causes the processing fees to be much higher and on top of that we had to pay them a monthly fee to use their product.

0.0/10
Thierry J.

Zirmed provides excellent revenue cycle management, it is easy to use and responsive

Reviewed on 2018/04/25

Pros

For my company, this product offers revenue cycle management and auto insurance verification. Contracting with Zirmed has allowed the organization to speed up their verification process and provide visits to patients faster.

Cons

As with every service, the software is not infallible. Quite unfortunately so, since it is an accurate product. Where it fails is with insurances that are not verified or for those that do not reach the clearing house, the insurance processor has to revert to a manual process to verify eligibility.

Jessica L.

I've always had a good experience with Navicure. The staff is knowledgeable and always helpful.

Reviewed on 2017/09/19

Quick claims processing and responses.

Pros

I like the monthly webinars as well as the payments solution. It's easy to navigate through and find what you are looking for. The prewritten appeals are also great.

Cons

Right now my biggest con would be getting Estatements set up. It's a system issue with how our PM transmits information to navicure, but we are working on getting a good solution.

Jennifer K.

Great EDI Product!

Reviewed on 2018/09/26

We have been using multiple modules of the product since 2010. We have reviewed and tested many other competing products over the years, that promise the same functionality for a lower price, but when it comes down to it none can compare!

Pros

Easy to use, and Track your Data, for Electronic Claim Submission, Remits and Patient Payments.

Cons

it is somewhat difficult to report on data for multiple locations at one time.

Chauntae J.

Navicure helps us stay on top of our A/R with ease.

Reviewed on 2017/09/19

The benefits I get from Navicure is the simplicity of working our A/R in one program. Claims are very easy to resubmit right from the dashboard.

Pros

Navicure is very easy to navigate. I can correct claims right in the system which saves times with denials. ERA's are easy to upload into our EMR. Perform is a great module within Navicure that gives me all A/R info in one place.