Showing 117 reviews of 106

• Industry: Oil & Energy

Software review

Reviewed on 2021/01/25

Great!

Pros

user friendly and ease of use. I like the fact that all of the information is in the same general area, not having to go to so many different pages to key in your information.

Cons

Procedures don't show up on the certificates.

Serina H.

Keeps very good track of your gages

Reviewed on 2018/07/16

Pros

That you are able to keep track of gages and Vendors. You get notification when a vendors certification has expired.

Cons

That I can not get not notification up to a month ahead of time. When I have to request quotes from Vendors I like to start a month before due date.

Response from PQ Systems

Serina - Thank you for the review. We'll pass your feedback on to our software engineers and it will be considered in later updates. If you ever need help please give us a call.

Adam M.
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Great product

Reviewed on 2020/11/24

My experience with this software has been fantastic. It took me a little while to learn how to use all the features I would need but once I did it has been very useful. And the product support team has been wonderful with helping me whenever I have a question.

Pros

It is very organized and easy to use, and the product support team is extremely helpful.

Cons

The ONLY thing I don't like about it is not being able to write my own custom reports.

Justin S.
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Our experience with GAGEpack has been exceptional. It has been well worth the purchase for us.

Reviewed on 2018/05/16

Organization of calibration events and gauges. Reduced time in performing calibration events from having to write all of the information needed. Ease of use when perform calibration events, developing reports and/or reviewing the audit trail of gauges. The customer support for when we need help answering questions or need to make changes that suit our needs.

Pros

Everything GAGEpack has to offer has been a drastic improvement to our Quality System. Coming from a paper based and in-house developed calibration database, transferring over to GAGEpack was a no-brainer. The time spent writing all of our calibration events and navigating the in-house database has reduced our time performing calibration events. The ease of use and features of GAGEpack has improved our overall gauge management and calibration events. Being in the Medical Device industry, the reports needed for gauge files and the audit trail feature makes it a perfect fit for our company. Being 21 CFR Part11 compliant was a must for us. The information provided about the Validation and the software being 21 CFR compliant helped us in making a quick decision to purchase GAGEpack. The customer service PQ Systems provides is above all. When calling for questions, a live person is on the phone. If no one is able to answer your call, it takes no time for them reach back out to you.

Cons

Using GAGEpack for 4+ years, I have not experience any issues using the software. Our company has been using the software for 5 months now. Any questions or modifications that we had were quickly answered by the PQ Systems team. Our calibration technician has not experienced any issues as well. The technician is very happy that we purchased GAGEpack for their daily calibration needs.

Response from PQ Systems

Justin - Thanks for sharing your experience with GAGEpack! It's been a pleasure working with you and Atrion!

Toiya W.

Awesome Software for Calibration and MSA tracking

Reviewed on 2020/06/17

I used this system at my previous employer and was pleased at the service and overall capabilities it offered. I was always audit ready as this software supports quality systems needs. I had to have this system installed after moving to my current employer.

Pros

The features of email notifications for past due calibrations.
The easy to use system
The MSA capabilities
The actual failure analysis based on wear and tear using calibration records
The option to place visuals for gage identification
The option to place vendor certifications and the notification of when the accreditation/Scope is expired
The tracking of cost associate with gage purchases
A team of experts ready and available to help with transition from old software to new.

Cons

There is nothing that I can think of other than its not free.

Sam S.

very intuitive and organized

Reviewed on 2018/07/12

Pros

The ability to "filter" almost any and everything is extremely friendly. On a monthly basis I group gages to send out for calibration and on a weekly basis I run report for "in-house" calibration. Also, the software is color coded for ease of use, very visual. I am able to edit with ease and maintain individual cards distinctively. I am able to add calibration procedures to every gage for ease of access. I almost single handily saved our complete calibration process with Gagepak. The training I received from the instructors was very helpful in meeting the needs of our company.

Cons

If there are any cons to this software, it would have to be in my opinion that the system will not stay up daily, I have to close it our daily and log back in. Also, the ability to export and customize is limited, I cannot establish grids nor move columns uniquely, it's not set up to perform that. Also, getting my emails when gages are due is not an easy task, IT dept. cannot figure it out, blames the software. One of the last things I don't like about it is that the data can easily be manipulated once it's entered for false readings.

Response from PQ Systems

Sam - Thanks for your positive review and taking the time to provide suggestions for GAGEpack! Your comments have been passed on to our software engineers and taken into consideration. As always, feel free to contact our Application Support team with any additional suggestions or questions. Application Support can be reached via email ([email protected]), by phone (1-800-777-5060), or online chat (http://pq.systems/pq-chat).

Tony P.

Great support from this equipment management software...

Reviewed on 2018/06/07

Tool Management for calibrations

Pros

Easy user access to the tools and event creation. We don't use the term Gauge we use the word Tool and the easy manipulation of the separate tools or Tool Card by ID with a clear indication of calibrated and not calibrated is what we like the best. I can train a simple user in 10 minutes with finding and adding with what they need. Also support has been fantastic.
Please take note of the support from the customer representative which has been excellent.

Cons

This could be user error (I will freely admit) I just not found a way to simply print several calibration Certificates for Tools that are not numbered in a sequential order at once. Perhaps if there was a check box click option for the Latest Calibration Certificate in our Tools listing what you refer to as Gauges that would be fantastic. Also I wish Vendor info (Serial number, Make, Model, was on the initial tool card instead of the Vendor tab but again neither of these issues are deal breakers.

Response from PQ Systems

Tony - Thanks for the great feedback!

With the latest release you can now select multiple items from the History tab and right click to print the most recent Calibration Certificates.
Our development team is also investigating additional customization features for Gage Cards (or 'Tool Cards' in your case).

Thanks again!

• Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

I have been using this software for years. I have set it up from the start and updated it...

Reviewed on 2018/07/12

Value was great. The auditors like that we use it. It was easy to use.

Pros

It has always kept me in the good grace of auditors. They know this software and trust it. until this latest update i never had trouble with anything.

Cons

They keep adding more features and making it bigger. I believe it now is evolving to be used on bigger networks. I had some data lost the first week of using the new software. Never figured out why. It hasn't happened again, yet. The software was great, when we first got it. Now i'm worried about updating it again.

Response from PQ Systems

Thank you for the feedback! Glad to hear GAGEpack has helped with your auditing process!

Bob B.
  • Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

GAGEpack at DANCO Precision

Reviewed on 2019/10/29

Meeting our aerospace customer's strict demands for gage control.

Pros

I have been using this software since the early 1980's which spanned three companies. It is easy to use, has satisfied all of our customers requirements and is keep up to date. Support is most impressive.

Cons

I can not point to one negative feature of this product.

Response from PQ Systems

Bob - Thank you for the great review! We are thrilled that GAGEpack has been easy to use for your company, and our support team is always happy to help. It has been a pleasure working with you!

Larry joe G.

This software enable us to stay in and conform to todays ISO and Mill standards.

Reviewed on 2018/07/12

makes my yearly calibration inspections a lot easier.

Pros

The ease of use of this soft ware is great. Anyone can use this with little computer skills. It helps us to stay up to date with the latest ISO standards, and MILL standards.

Cons

I have not found any problems with this software, we update ours every year. As we see new changes in ISO or MILL standards, I also see that the software covers these new standards.

Response from PQ Systems

Larry - Thanks for the great review! Hope you continue to have positive experiences with GAGEpack!

Colan L.
  • Industry: Sporting Goods

Software is a great for tracking tools and gages for calibration being a ISO certified company.

Reviewed on 2018/07/16

Seems to work fine.

Pros

Simple to use, Gagemail notifications, Ability to assign recall/calibration notifications on individual tools. Daily notification of tools needing calibration. Ability to do gage R&R's

Cons

Software stops working if the license / maintainace agreement expires, older version kept working. Loosing custom reports when updating versions. Not being able to move tools to a different database easily.

Response from PQ Systems

Colan - Thanks for the feedback! We appreciate the opportunity to work with you!

Dan Z.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Great product, I was fortunate to be able to attend the two day training which really...

Makes my job easier.

Pros

Organization, history, scheduling forward and reviewing historical performance. Single license purchase price fits perfectly for any size company that needs to use it.

Cons

I wish we could afford to have more licenses. We have multiple users in a large building but only have budget for one concurrent license. I'm pushing for at least one more license, but "currently it's not in the budget"

Response from PQ Systems

Dan - Happy to hear you enjoy using GAGEpack! We would love to help add more licenses to your plan when your budget allows. Thanks for the review!

Michaela W.

Awesome technical support!

Reviewed on 2016/08/08

Having just upgraded to Version 12, had a few minor issues but with 2 live chats and all is working great.

Pros

The ease of learning all the new features.

Response from PQ Systems

Michaela - Thank you for taking the time to review GAGEpack. We're happy to hear that your upgrade was successful and that our Application Support team has been able to help!

We are honored by your choice to do business with us and look forward to continuing to serve you and Winzeler Stamping Co.!

• Industry: Packaging & Containers
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

GAGEpack Software Review

Reviewed on 2018/10/25

Great product...great company!!

Pros

GAGEpack Software, by PQ Systems, is an excellent software package for controlling all of your calibration records. Very easy to use and maintain. You can even upload photos of your gauges for reference. This software takes the guesswork out of calibration audits.

Cons

No issues. This software is great and the technical support from PQ Systems is amazing! Support team is our go-to resource for any questions.

Response from PQ Systems

Thanks for the awesome review! Our support team is always happy to help!

Tony C.

I've used this for years, great success especially during audits

Reviewed on 2018/07/12

Pros

The dashboard is a good tool for quick access. Linking vendor certs is useful. Monitoring of vendor accreditation. Wear trend analysis. Calibration cost reports.

Cons

It would be helpful to allow MSA studies, (stability, bias and linearity) to be scheduled. There is a dashboard button but scheduling is not intuitive.

Response from PQ Systems

Tony - Thank you for the awesome review! We're thrilled to hear that GAGEpack has been such a help for Blue Blade Steel when going through audits. We look forward to continue working with you!

William wells W.
  • Industry: Chemicals

The software works as expected.

Reviewed on 2018/07/19

Gauge program organization.

Pros

It's easy to find a gauge with the search function. Also, it organizes the gauges easily. The software is relatively intuitive to use.

Cons

I wish there were a specific slot to put the gauge serial number in on the gauge card. Currently I have to put it in the comment section.

Response from PQ Systems

William - Happy to hear that you're finding the software easy to use!

Daniel N.
  • Industry: Automotive

I have been working with this software for the last 15 years, very good quality!

Reviewed on 2018/07/12

Pros

We appreciate the most the ease of use, plus customer service experience. All our technicians are so happy with it!

Cons

We do not find any issues to report against this software. All our users find it very helpful, with no cons to report.

Response from PQ Systems

Daniel - We appreciate the great review! Hope you continue to have positive experiences with GAGEpack!

Craig M.
  • Industry: Automotive

Customer service made it extremely easy to upgrade our software

Reviewed on 2018/07/13

Pros

I really like the features and functionality of the product. It is fairly simple to use. If you have a basic understanding of windows applications you navigate this software with little issue.

Cons

I do not have any issues with this product. I would recommend to anyone who works in gage calibration.

Response from PQ Systems

Craig - We appreciate the kind review! We hope you continue to have positive experiences with GAGEpack!

Lloyd P.

Excellent Support

Reviewed on 2013/03/27

I would recommend GagePack and their support personnel to anyone. We have over 7000 gages, so management and control is daunting, to say the least. GagePack makes it much easier.

Pros

Support personnel are always available and helpful. It is so unusual, but so nice, to get a human answer every time you call for support. The support personnel at GagePack are very knowledgeable and almost always have an immediate solution to my issues. I would recommend them to anyone.

Cons

Inventory Tab screen could be a little more flexible for adding column heading and sorting.

Kamran A.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Used Other for Free Trial

A unique and powerful gage calibration software

Reviewed on 2018/06/24

Pros

Easy to use with all required functions from adding gages, tracking the status and performing required calibrations. Email notifications is a plus. Trial is also available to try the software before buy.

Cons

Didn't find any issues with the software overall looks a complete package. Online database could make it more reliable.

Response from PQ Systems

Kamran - Thank you for your review and comments! We are considering wider deployment and database storage options for the future.
Thanks!

Terry K.

Well Satisfied Customer

Reviewed on 2012/09/07

I would recommend this software to anyone in need of a gage tracking system.

Pros

GagePack is a wonderful program to use for tracking of my lab equipment. I have had many compliments from auditors on the ease of finding information. I will continue to purchase the support agreement because it has been well worth the money over the years.

Cons

Reports are somewhat difficult to edit to suit your particular needs if you're not familiar with the structure format.

Dave B.

Tech. support converting gage data

Reviewed on 2013/05/20

I am surprised and pleased with your fast and effective response to my needs. I will highly recommend your program and service to my bosses.

Pros

Matt Muhlenkamp was fast and courteous addressing my needs. His work was professional and efficient. He converted GAGEpack 3 data into GAGEpack 9. It works seamlessly. Thank you.

Cons

A little inconvenient that GAGEpack 9 can't read GAGEpack 3 databases.

Jeanie S.

PQ Systems Mill Park Review

Reviewed on 2013/04/03

This is the second calibration tracking system put in use at Mill Park. After putting this in place in 2002 we have not even considered an alternative.

Pros

Quick reference for calibration and R&R schedule. Has many features we do not currently use but would be helpful for future needs.

Cons

Can not think of any. If I have a question the Technical group answer quickly and completely

Chuck L.

Gagepack

Reviewed on 2014/06/30

In my opinion, I think this is the best program on the market because of the ease & user friendly. You can do so many different things with ease. The support is great also. The only con (a big one too) is when a new version is downloaded it wipes out all the custom made reports. I know one can go to the old version and copy & paste the file into the new version, but sometimes it doesn't work like now.

Mark D.

Tom Gillmor

Reviewed on 2014/06/26

Gagepack 11 as well as the customer service reps. are very nice!!!!! A lot of new features that really help. Thanks guys/gals.