Showing 43 reviews of 30

Employee wellbeing & corporate wellness

Showing 43 reviews of 30
  • Industry: Environmental Services
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

A platform with a well-executed vision that it has changed my behaviors.

Reviewed on 2020/04/28

I believe this platform delivers an engaging user experience, and based on my experience, the different applications have changed me for the better. Wellness is more critical than ever in today's environment, and this application keeps me logged in and engage in changing my life.

Pros

In comparison to other platforms intended for employee wellness, Virgin Pulse is easy to navigate, and most importantly is very easy to understand my rewards for using each application. Wellness challenges are engaging, and I enjoy logging in every day! The integration with multiple applications for nutrition and wellbeing has helped me eat better and reduce my stress. As a user, I like how I can track my progress and rewards in one location. The web integration to the nutrition application Zipongo is well implemented, and my spouse and I enjoy browsing for new recipes and planning our meals.

Cons

Navigating to other applications in the web platform is easy; however, using different applications in the mobile iOS app is confusing and challenging to navigate. As a user, I don't understand when do I need to enter my credentials for Virgin Pulse vs. the integrated applications like Zipongo or Whil.

• Industry: Law Enforcement

Virgin Pulse Review

Reviewed on 2018/11/27

It's great.

Pros

This is a great resource to help achieve health goals, especially if your employer is assisting you in reaching them through the financial gains. It is easy to use, and provides a lot of motivating and helpful information with the daily cards and whil.

Cons

The capabilities differ on the mobile site vs. desktop version. There are some things I prefer to do on the website when I can. Often times, my fit bit will not track my steps and I have to manually sync them.

Brian E.
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Steals your information

Reviewed on 2019/12/11

Sucks

Pros

Nothing. It the most security breach, user unfriendly program ever made.

Cons

App rewards users with points for the more personal information inputed. It really wants to be connected to my cell and I refuse for security reasons. Since I refuse, I loose points which are required to get reduced costs on insurance. The absolute worst part is it that every time you try to log in, you are forced to wait for a code to be e-mailed to you. This e-mail always takes over 4 minutes. So never can you just quickly log in and do your required work and log out. Sometimes the email takes so long to receive that when you go to enter the code you get an error that your time has expired to use that code. Then you have to start all over again. All I know is that I loose alot of productivity at work hitting send/receive on my e-mail a hundred times just to log into this worthless software.

Love the health tips and steps tracking!

Reviewed on 2019/09/11

Overall great! It helps me stay healthy and motivates me.

Pros

I love how easy it is to track steps and get trophies for them. I also love the daily health tips that inspire me to live better.

Cons

I don't understand all of the symbols for the trophies. I feel like it would be easier if they had words on them. Also, maybe a helpful tip for using the app could pop up every once in a while, because I feel like there are features I am missing.

Grant K.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Virgin Pulse Review

Reviewed on 2018/11/12

I like Virgin Pulse overall and will continue to use it to track my health.

Pros

I like that it keeps me aware of my daily activity and pushes me to be more active.

Cons

The mobile app is not the most user friendly and navigating can be difficult

Risa D.

Great Gamification of Wellness

Reviewed on 2019/02/25

At my organization, we use Virgin Pulse as a way to support our wellness initiative. The challenges are fun and it's a great accountability tool for wellness and fitness. It does a great job gamifying the process and providing inspiration to continue.

Pros

- Easy to use their step tracker and link other fitness trackers
- Challenges with colleagues are a fun way to hold each other accountable
- Challenges outside of our company are also fun ways to build teams and camaraderie
- There's a focus on 'wellness' in a broad sense, encouraging participants to view it in a holistic way (e.g. exercise, healthy habits, daily cards that show tips to a well-rounded and healthy life, sleep tracking, nutrition, etc.)

Cons

I have no complaints about Virgin Pulse, except I wish there were rewards past 18,000 points!

Courtney N.

A healthy companion

Reviewed on 2019/02/07

Pros

Virgin Pulse is a motivating app that gives you many ways to track your own performance and connect with peers who also use the app. I love that they give you health tips and you can track your steps.

Cons

I wish the step tracking could sync with what was tracked by my iphone or Fitbit.

• Industry: Human Resources

Love Virgin Pulse

Reviewed on 2018/11/19

Love that Tiny Habits help me make changes, track my progress, and live better. Love Virgin Pulse!

Pros

Love having Virgin Pulse on my phone, laptop, and love the ability to integrate, track, and get daily reminders to do better.

Cons

I have nothing to say but great things about Virgin Pulse and their suite of offerings.

• Industry: Building Materials

It is fun and helpful

Reviewed on 2019/02/19

Our company implemented this new app for 2019 so I am still new to it, but so far I am a fan. The journeys are a little hard to follow, but I am slowly figuring them out.

Pros

I like that we can have challenges among coworkers. It's nice to have an opportunity to earn rewards for being healthy. I do wish our company would increase the maximum amount that we can earn though!

Cons

The journeys are a little hard to follow. The interface is not 100% intuitive in my opinion. You really have to click around a lot to find what you are looking for. I am sure it will be easier as time goes on and I continue to use it though.

Ivana S.
  • Industry: Entertainment
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Virgin Pulse helps you stay healthy even on a busy schedule

Reviewed on 2019/07/29

I've started using Virgin Pulse few months ago and never looked back. It has helped with keeping me active and motivated. It has also helped my team with the possibility to challenge ourselves and keep us on the healthy track.

Pros

I loved the daily cards, suggestions and tips to stay active during your working hours. I loved the possibility to connect an array of devices to track your overall health and well being - all in all, virgin Pulse is my go-to app for staying healthy on a busy schedule!

Cons

The only thing was that I was having trouble connect some of my wellness programs.

Robert R.
  • Industry: Oil & Energy
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Poor design, interfaces, and data entry

Reviewed on 2020/01/03

This is a horrible app and software. Any software that won't allow users to correct or delete data, it terrible. If I wasn't forced to use it by my company, I never would. Avoid frustrating your employees. Don't use this ever.

Pros

It links with several apps and devices. It is available as an app for the phone as well as a web page.

Cons

It will not allow you to correct or delete erroneous data. You can increase time for workouts but not decrease. When correcting data, it does not correct it, it erroneously adds a new workout which then cannot be deleted.
It will sync with Samsung Health, but it will only sync steps. It won't sync activity and it won't sync sleep. You'll need different apps or devices for that.
It syncs with Strava for cyclists like myself. It will sync the activity but it won't convert to steps. Since steps is what gives me a discount on my insurance, it is critical that it record it as steps. If I manually enter the workout as cycling, it will convert to steps. However, if synced to Strava, you'll now have both the Strava entry and the manual workout. There is no way to delete the Strava data or any other data.

Bao T.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

very poor support staff over the phone

Reviewed on 2020/04/02

Pros

able to track your daily activity and lots of optional feature

Cons

support on the phone is terrible. not helpful and very rude

Irina C.
  • Industry: Building Materials
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Great took to manage corporate healthy living incentives

Reviewed on 2018/06/26

Easy track daily activities and gain point for corporate Healthy Living incentives.

Pros

Nice simple to use app that helps track activity, sleep, participation in corporate programs. Daily cards provide good ideas for building good healthy habits. You can create challenges and invite your friends and co-workers to participate.

Cons

The app does have bugs and when they come up with an update you have to log in to the app over and over again. Some programs only work on the Web version (virgin pulse nutrition guides, for example). Sometimes (rarely) the app frizzes and you lose points you gained for the day.

Be B.
  • Industry: Human Resources

Device stopped working and service unable to solve.

Reviewed on 2020/07/07

Would not recommend.

Pros

Inexpensive, fairly easy to use/set up.

Cons

Device stopped working/charging and customer service was unable to resolve issue.

Sabrina P.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Excellent System for Health Awareness, Support and Accountability

Reviewed on 2021/01/26

I think the capabilities this software provides is a great way to encourage a healthy lifestyle and do it with people you know and don't know.

Pros

Very user-friendly and a great application for you and colleagues to maintain accountable to live a health lifestyle. Virgin Pulse provides daily knowledge points regarding health and every individual can keep track of what type of activities they do each day. These can be anything regarding physical activity (including sleeping), recycling, nutrition, and social interactions. You are able to earn points, set by your organization and participate in group activities and challenges.

Cons

There is nothing that I have found that I do not like regarding this software application

Rachel T.
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Good Way to Keep Track of Your Steps and Monitor Your Health

Reviewed on 2020/09/30

I have enjoyed using Virgin Pulse to keep track of my healthy habits and steps and to enhance my overall health.

Pros

Virgin Pulse allows me to monitor my steps and healthy habits and to receive helpful health information customized to my needs. I am daily challenged to be a better, healthier person.

Cons

At times, the application fails to function and I am unable to get all of the information for the day entered. If I do not enter the health information for that day on that day, there is no way to do so at a later time.

Dan A.

Awful

Reviewed on 2019/11/04

I wish my company would drop them all together, so we could go with a better company.

Pros

You ca earn money, IF you are willing to constantly follow up with them, to force them to give you credit for the activities you complete and IF you can get their website to work.

Cons

It is absurdly faulty. It constantly drops your progress, or forces you to follow a "verify your account with a security code sent to your email" process, even when you access their website from the same browser or the same computer on the same network EVERY SINGLE TIME.
They never give you the rewards you have earned, unless you follow up with them.
Their customer support for the software is deplorable. The people you speak to never have the knowledge or the ability to fix the issues of their faulty system, and they always try to turn it around and blame you, and then try to dump you into an Email Queue once you point out their lies.

Chris S.

We love it.

Reviewed on 2018/12/02

Pros

This software gets our employees up and moving. The setup was easy and the rewards and games are fun.

Cons

Nothing. There is honestly nothing I dislike about this product.