Virgin Pulse Reviews

4.3/5 (16 reviews)
Risa D.

Great Gamification of Wellness

Reviewed on 2019/02/25

At my organization, we use Virgin Pulse as a way to support our wellness initiative. The challenges are fun and it's a great accountability tool for wellness and fitness. It does a great job gamifying the process and providing inspiration to continue.

Pros

- Easy to use their step tracker and link other fitness trackers
- Challenges with colleagues are a fun way to hold each other accountable
- Challenges outside of our company are also fun ways to build teams and camaraderie
- There's a focus on 'wellness' in a broad sense, encouraging participants to view it in a holistic way (e.g. exercise, healthy habits, daily cards that show tips to a well-rounded and healthy life, sleep tracking, nutrition, etc.)

Cons

I have no complaints about Virgin Pulse, except I wish there were rewards past 18,000 points!

Irina C.

Great took to manage corporate healthy living incentives

Reviewed on 2018/06/26

Easy track daily activities and gain point for corporate Healthy Living incentives.

Pros

Nice simple to use app that helps track activity, sleep, participation in corporate programs. Daily cards provide good ideas for building good healthy habits. You can create challenges and invite your friends and co-workers to participate.

Cons

The app does have bugs and when they come up with an update you have to log in to the app over and over again. Some programs only work on the Web version (virgin pulse nutrition guides, for example). Sometimes (rarely) the app frizzes and you lose points you gained for the day.

Daryl H.

Helps Focus on Health and Fitness

Reviewed on 2019/04/03

I benefit from this app because it makes me aware of how sedentary I am at my job and it entices me to get up and move to earn rewards.

Pros

I love that this software allows me to keep track of my health and fitness along side my FitBit! Not to mention it's set up through my employer and we can earn up to $400 annually for participating!

Cons

There seems to be a few discrepancies when it comes to getting points toward your total score. Some of the tasks you can complete to earn points don't always work. My co-workers and I have noticed that I'll get points for completing a task and they will complete the same task and won't get the points. Other than that, I highly recommend!

Leah C.

Great app for motivating healthy habits!

Reviewed on 2019/04/03

Virgin Pulse definitely put a lot of thought behind their app. Lots of fun daily challenges and team competitions to make you get healthy!

Pros

The interface is organized nicely. You can track so many healthy habits and go back and look at them by the week. The tips and challenges are great too. They make people want to get up and walk for some inner and outer company competitions! I am more likely to get up from my desk to get some steps in. Thanks Virgin Pulse!

Cons

The syncing part of the software only works with the latest smartphones/ipads. So I ended up installing it on my husband's phone and track things there. Wish it had better backwards compatibility.

6.0/10

Love Virgin Pulse

Reviewed on 2018/11/19

Love that Tiny Habits help me make changes, track my progress, and live better. Love Virgin Pulse!

Pros

Love having Virgin Pulse on my phone, laptop, and love the ability to integrate, track, and get daily reminders to do better.

Cons

I have nothing to say but great things about Virgin Pulse and their suite of offerings.

Courtney N.

A healthy companion

Reviewed on 2019/02/07

Pros

Virgin Pulse is a motivating app that gives you many ways to track your own performance and connect with peers who also use the app. I love that they give you health tips and you can track your steps.

Cons

I wish the step tracking could sync with what was tracked by my iphone or Fitbit.

Chris S.

We love it.

Reviewed on 2018/12/02

Pros

This software gets our employees up and moving. The setup was easy and the rewards and games are fun.

Cons

Nothing. There is honestly nothing I dislike about this product.

Kandice K.

Sad that my company no longer uses this

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2019/02/26

When my company stopped using this I was actually really sad because I felt like the motivation needed to earn my steps as well as have friendly challenges with co workers. The new platform that my company uses does not motivate me to want to live a healthy fitness life the way this software did.

Pros

This would sync with a fitness tracker on how many steps you walked, along with how much physical activity you were getting each day. Earning points was really straightforward and I really felt like I EARNED my reward when I reached the goal at the end of the quarter and I was really motivated to hit all my points for the day. I felt like when I redeemed a gift card for my hard earned points it really was a well-deserved reward that made me feel good physically and mentally.

Cons

It lagged every so often in terms of refreshing updates on how far along your progress was, but that was pretty minor

Mila G.

Great Health Incentive Program

Reviewed on 2018/11/20

User friendly and easy to access.

Pros

I like that is easy to keep track of your healthy habits, daily steps, and exercise. You can see your colleagues status and that be your motivation. You can also download the app and it's much easier to navigate to.

Cons

The least I like is that the profile picture you upload to your account is not big enough. For example, if you want to look at your colleagues profile picture it shows up in a mini version which is hard to see.

Elysha V.

Simple and Easy to Use

Reviewed on 2019/02/21

Pros

Virgin Pulse was extremely simple and easy to use. All you had to do was setup your account, wear the tracking device (pedometer) by clipping it on, and then the steps were tracked easily throughout your day. It took very little effort to learn how it works and to utilize it in your daily life and work out routines.

Cons

The pedometer/tracking device was easy to lose as it was a small gadget.

Megan M.

Convenient Accountability

Reviewed on 2018/11/27

Pros

Ease of use, great daily tips, great rewards.

Cons

Nothing. This is a great program that all employers should use.

It is fun and helpful

Reviewed on 2019/02/19

Our company implemented this new app for 2019 so I am still new to it, but so far I am a fan. The journeys are a little hard to follow, but I am slowly figuring them out.

Pros

I like that we can have challenges among coworkers. It's nice to have an opportunity to earn rewards for being healthy. I do wish our company would increase the maximum amount that we can earn though!

Cons

The journeys are a little hard to follow. The interface is not 100% intuitive in my opinion. You really have to click around a lot to find what you are looking for. I am sure it will be easier as time goes on and I continue to use it though.

7.0/10

Virgin Pulse Review

Reviewed on 2018/11/27

It's great.

Pros

This is a great resource to help achieve health goals, especially if your employer is assisting you in reaching them through the financial gains. It is easy to use, and provides a lot of motivating and helpful information with the daily cards and whil.

Cons

The capabilities differ on the mobile site vs. desktop version. There are some things I prefer to do on the website when I can. Often times, my fit bit will not track my steps and I have to manually sync them.

Ashley C.

Virgin Pulse Wellness Platform

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/05/07

Pros

It's easy to roll out to our employees and is compatible with multiple fitness trackers. We did the Global Challenge last year with a lot of participation and moved to the regular platform in 2019. It keeps our employees engaged in wellness activities.

Cons

The mobile app is not as comprehensive as the website. I wish they were similar in features.

Waste of Time

Reviewed on 2019/06/11
Review Source

This was supposd to promote health and wellness, but all becomes is a time suck and way to hide any value

Pros

I cannot point to anything that I liked. Difficult to use, impossible to get rewards and just loaded with nonsense

Cons

I liked everything about this tied for least. It's a time suck, the challenges are nonsense and it seems like they're trying to a land grab of contact information

0.0/10
Grant K.

Virgin Pulse Review

Reviewed on 2018/11/12

I like Virgin Pulse overall and will continue to use it to track my health.

Pros

I like that it keeps me aware of my daily activity and pushes me to be more active.

Cons

The mobile app is not the most user friendly and navigating can be difficult

5.0/10