OnSemble

4,9
Floyd A.

An Onsemble Ambassador

Reviewed on 2018/11/07

The overall experience has been amazing as indicated above. But the lion share of my praise goes to the Implementation Manager. Without her I highly doubt that our Portal would have launched or without a doubt significantly delayed. Her knowledge base of the Onsemble platform and her attention to detail is astounding. As much as I get praised for creating an immersive Intranet, I know it's partly due to her support. She's an asset to the Passageways Organization...and to our team.

The support team is nothing like I have ever experienced. Their response time and follow through is indeed a standard for the industry of IT support, this deserves 100% not 99% satisfaction.

Pros

Wow!... I can spend literally hours writing about my extreme satisfaction with the team and the software.
It has allowed our organization to experience another level of engagement with our staff. The ease of use and the “drag and drop” design feature has also allowed a team of 2 to be nimble, with the results and appearance of a team of 10. Our Executive leadership team believes transparency is the currency of leadership and the Onsemble platform has afforded them the opportunity to live out this value. From just- in-time information, thoughts on upcoming and/or current changes, future business strategies and recorded quarterly messages. This software has been and a catalyst to our increased employee engagement scores. We've only been 'live' for 6 months!

Cons

A missing mobile platform and the non responsiveness to different screens for the desktops version.

Response from Passageways

Thank so much for taking the time to review OnSemble! I'm thrilled to hear that there are no issues. As for responsiveness and mobile, we are actively working on that. If you need anything in the meantime, let us know.

Melinda W.

Loving our OnSemble Intranet - Compass

Reviewed on 2020/11/18

OnSemble has given us a mechanism to have more current communication without blasting out ALL emails. The central repository for resources and documents has proven to help keep documents up to date and reduce duplication.
The help desk module has streamlined several processes.
Overall, we are happy with OnSemble. It has brought us more current with our practices and is helping to get away from using email blasts and server folders for everything. After a year, we are still learning and revising and updating and refreshing. We are looking forward to additional updates to take some of the pain points away from our current version.

Pros

We were looking for a one-stop-shop for employee communication, documentation and other processes needing streamlined. OnSemble has provided a great platform for this. While it has not solved all our internal needs, it has provided a valuable, flexible and fun resource.
*Central repository for documentation, policies, procedures and forms, etc.
*Search function that makes finding documents a snap.
*Ability to personalize pages, giving departments flexibility to build to their needs.
*The help desk module has been excellent to work with and has been implemented for all but one area.
*The supply/inventory module has made supply ordering for branches so much easier and user-friendly.
*Building pages, once the basics are down, is pretty easy, even for the least "techy" person.
*Customer support is fantastic and they have an online forum where you can collaborate with other OnSemble users.
*Ability to create roles where people can be divided into different categories, allowing for confidentiality where and when needed.

Cons

*System Permissions module seems to be a bit out of date and does not appear to have upgrades to its functionality. This was a feature we were hoping to use more robustly.
*Forms module appeared to be something we could utilize, but does not customize as easily as we had hoped. However, we know other users have used it successfully.
*There are periodic bugs that don't seem to make sense or will only be repaired with updates.
*There is a risk of creating too many layers of permissions, making it cumbersome and confusing if you do not create a good mapping from the onset.
*Implementation seemed a little clunky, but it may have been we did not know the right questions to ask in the beginning.

Sean C.

Loving our new intranet

Reviewed on 2020/03/18

Pros

The modules and islands. Not only can you choose your site's functionality, but the options on a single content page allowed us to reconfigure our navigation and provide more useful content per page.

Cons

Not much of anything bad to say. The platform works smoothly, is a huge improvement over our previous platform, and the support is spectacular.

Rebecca S.
Industry: Management Consulting

OnSemble Customer Service is fantastic

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2020/03/30

The customer service has always been amazing. The Team is always there to reply and help as quickly as possible. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] in particular is an all-star who goes above and beyond what it takes to get stuff done. We're really appreciated having her work on our file.

Pros

I like that you are able to restrict access to different parts of your Portal. This is a wonderful customization feature that allows us to connect with users in different ways.

Cons

The back-end can be restrictive when trying to design pages. I also wish that it was easier to move documents around from folder to folder and that the folder icons were larger.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Andrea M.
Industry: Financial Services

Customized intranet portal to fit our corporate culture & needs

Reviewed on 2020/12/21

Pros

It is completely customizable! Our portal does not look like anyone else's - though we were able to look at other portal designs for inspiration. There are so many portal features to choose from that we could pick and choose what we believed would work best for our team members. Also, there is a lot of room to grow! Our portal changes constantly as we incorporate new pages and features.

Cons

It is important to ask a lot of questions during implementation. Some features have some hidden idiosyncrasies that we're not positive we would have known about if we hadn't asked about something else. While they do have 24/7 support, when you ask a question, you are often sent an article back so you have to troubleshoot on your own. They have pushed all support into an online ticketing system - picking up the phone isn't an option anymore. Be prepared if you have a question to receive links to articles, rather a direct answer to your specific question.

Erin J.

When you purchase OnSemble- you buy into an amazing Support Team

Reviewed on 2020/12/10

We use our OnSemble portal EVERY DAY to share information, promos, procedures and policies with our team across the country. We also have built several pages that allow us to have fun activities going throughout the year - helping with Employee Engagement and driving new staff to experience all that OnSemble provides.

I also cannot say enough good things about the Support and Tech teams at OnSemble. They are quick to respond and find the answer to any question or creative block I'm having. They also share with me the steps they took to resolve an issue so that I am able to do it myself later (I love that!). The addition of the Spark community where clients from around the country can share ideas has been great.

Pros

I love the ability to truly customize the look and feel of my company's intranet - I'm not stuck using certain layouts or formats, instead I can let my creativity out. Working through a merger of two credit unions with very different cultures, the OnSemble products helped us create a portal that was not only the hub of where we shared information, but also allowed us to have fun along the way.

Cons

We are currently not using OnSemble for document storage/retention because of the search features - but with recent updates, these are getting better every day.

Bethany R.
Industry: Banking

Onsemble has completely simplified and modernized our intranet!

Reviewed on 2018/07/19

Onsemble gave us the tools to create an intranet that is fully functional, modern, and efficient.

Pros

The ease of use empowers people of all different technical backgrounds to build professional quality pages. Not only are the pages aesthetically pleasing, but the build-in modules offer a whole other level of functionality to make our jobs easier. I have really enjoyed the process of creating pages that, visually and technically, would have not been possible without Onsemble.

Cons

There are certain modules that could use some improvement for customization. For example, the font and color of the Birthdays and Anniversary islands. I wish we could customize those things easily. But this is a small complaint in the big picture, and our Customer Success Manager does a great job of bringing our ideas to the technical team to see if its something that can be implemented in the future.

Response from Passageways

Thank you for taking the time to review OnSemble! I'm glad to hear that you've enjoyed working in it and how it's empowering to users. We really appreciate the suggestion, and I will pass that along to our Product team.

Ellen H.

Reviewed on 2019/09/10

We've come leaps and bounds in our communications since using OnSemble. Our News Feed and announcement islands have helped consolidate and streamline communications. The search feature and document listings make it easy for staff to find what they are looking for, and the Help Desks have been extremely beneficial.

Pros

Our organization loves the set up and functionality. The user set-up, workgroup access, and island options have really helped us to increase our communication between locations and to engage our employees. What I love most is that our portal gives a landing page for our staff to come together, share information, resources, and feel connected.

Cons

I think some of the islands and features are still a little clunky and some of the designs look a little out-dated. It would be great of the site was more responsive to different devices, and if there was a mobile option for both iphone and Android. We'd also like to see improvements made for document sorting/display on list islands. It would be great if there were options to organize accordion drop-down menus for files, and if you could choose how uploaded documents would be displayed.

Response from Passageways

Thank you for taking the time to review OnSemble! I'm glad to hear that the portal is really helping to build a community at your bank. We definitely appreciate the feedback, and I will pass it along to our Product team.

Amber H.

Best customer support

Reviewed on 2020/02/13

Our employees now say they feel like they have a state-of-the-art intranet. They started using it so easily from day 1.

Pros

Honestly, intranet software is funky. It's all funky. Some of it's funkier than others, and I would say OnSemble is an acceptable level of funkiness. What REALLY makes the difference is your Customer Support Manager and the tech support team. They are good, kind people who truly want to make the product work for you. They work so hard to make you happy and they are a joy to go through this beast of a project with. That's why I would choose OnSemble again. This is my 4th intranet relaunch project, so I know what I'm talking about.

Cons

Some modules are built in a way that doesn't make sense from a user or author perspective, and you have to do some workarounds to get them to work "normal." I made a bunch of feature requests and am confident Passageways is working to improve their product.

Angela S.
Industry: Financial Services

The people at Passageways, from the CSMs to the tech support staff are AWESOME.

Reviewed on 2017/05/18

Pros

I love that the possibilities nearly endless. How my portal looks and feels is completely up to me. I love that when I have a question, i can always get a quick answer from Tech support, without them making me feel like an idiot or that I am bothering them.

Cons

Ha! Its the same as the most in some respect. Starting with a completely blank page is so intimidating. I think it wouldve been easier for us during the initial design if we had a few pre-built templates to choose from that we then could've customized. The modules that are configured within the island itself are definitely easier for novices.
I would really like better control of permissions. For instance, I would like to have permissions for a particular page rather than the entire workgroup. Possibly even specific islands within specific pages. I would like for more customization that it currently controlled by a CSS to be integrated into the portal so that people without design experience can more easily make those custom changes.

Response from Passageways

Thank you for taking the time to review OnSemble! I'm thrilled to hear that the Support and CSM teams are really doing it for you. If you ever feel like you are in need of additional training or for any new team members, let us know!

Kimberly J.

Reviewed on 2020/10/22

Overall, the product delivers what we expect! The hands-on support we have received after implementation is fantastic. Some modules can be complicated; however, our assigned Customer Service Manager is always available to give us uninterrupted support and training.

Pros

Our site is engaging and unique to our organization. We love that OnSemble helped us customize an Employee Recognition preview window on the homepage, and it has a social media feel that the employees enjoy. Our employees also love having many of their needs located all in one place, whether it be procedures, training material, an employee’s contact information, event details, or a blog post from our [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. Having a one-stop-shop for resources is invaluable.

Cons

We are a small credit union and have minimal resources; therefore, the setup took much longer than expected. There is a bit of a learning curve; however, the most recent update is much more intuitive, and I am quickly learning the new admin processes.

Keith M.

New and improved.

Reviewed on 2020/12/10

The Support Team is great, the software is solid and the product is growing (new releases & features), all signs of a stable organization and good experience.

Pros

The content management system (CMS) provides a number of widgets to create and manage an internal website (aka, Intranet). With the recently released upgrades, great improvements have been realized in capability and performance. And, one feature that I especially like is the site analysis functions to track page utilization. Oh, and the support team... Primo!

Cons

Before the latest release, the biggest dislike was probably screen layout difficulties. Now... some of the widgets are still a bit clunky in working, but overall the functionality is there to do most anything you need to in the interface.

Shaylan R.

Reviewed on 2020/12/11

Overall, I have had a pleasant experience with OnSemble. I enjoy using the product, and I always enjoy working with the staff at the company.

Pros

My favorite thing about OnSemble is that it has given us an ability to collaborate and post news that reaches the whole company. It has been great, especially during COVID to get pertinent information out to our emplyoees.

Cons

I don't have any real complaints with the software, but I will still like to see the page building process amongst islands and modules to look and feel a bit less clunky. However, it has come A LONG way in the past few years from where it was and I am impressed with the improvements.

Jen P.

Onsemble review

Reviewed on 2019/03/22

The overall experience with Onsemble and Passageways has been good.

Pros

I like the ability to create pages and other cool things without having to know how to code.

Cons

I would say that Onsemble updates have caused us some heartburn internally. It could be because we don't have someone dedicated to our Portal, so we get news late in the game because we're not on top of all of the update notes or other enhancements.

Response from Passageways

Thank so much for taking the time to review OnSemble! We are glad to hear that the page builder is working well for you. If you ever feel like you need additional training, we are here for you and can assist.

Emily Y.
Industry: Financial Services

OnSemble can help your employees succeed

Reviewed on 2020/12/21

We have been able to get all of our product info, rates, procedures, forms, etc. into one location making it easier for employees to have what they need to effectively assist our members.

Pros

Pages are easy to create without needing to have knowledge of coding

Cons

Some modules are not customizable and can be aesthetically jarring when the rest of the portal is customized

Hector A.
Industry: Airlines/Aviation

user review

Reviewed on 2019/10/08

Pros

ease of use. the landscape of the site is very user friendly

Cons

none, i like all of the uses and tabs we have

Response from Passageways

Thank you for taking the time to review OnSemble! Sounds like ease of use is really coming across for you, which is something we definitely strive for. If you need anything, please let us know!

Robert G.
Industry: Banking

Revolutionized the Way We Do Business!

Reviewed on 2018/10/10

This product allowed us to increase productivity across all business functions. The tools included in this software suite offer a portal of endless possibilities.

Pros

The OnSemble suite of products allowed us to modernize internal processes, enabling us to increase efficiency and production enterprise wide.

Cons

We have been unable to identify any cons related to this software since our recent install.

Response from Passageways

Thank you for taking the time to review OnSemble! I'm glad to hear how it's revolutionized your bank and helped streamline processes. If you ever feel like you are in need of additional training or for any new team members, let us know!

Chanse S.
Industry: Banking

OnSemble is great for those unfamiliar with web development

Reviewed on 2020/12/09

We give our employees a convenient location to view updates about the company and view essential business documents.

Pros

The pre-packaged modules for designing your intranet are very easy to use. Creating a custom intranet is also easily attainable for those who do not have the time or expertise to do it the old fashioned way with code.

Cons

Getting everything to align perfectly can be somewhat of a burden, however the grid system really helps.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Andrew Y.

OVCFCU

Reviewed on 2020/03/06

Very good

Pros

I like the staff at passageways. Whenever I need help with something they respond in minutes to help me.

Cons

Updates to the software can take a while

Moises G.
Industry: Management Consulting

Amazing Customer Service and room for platform upgrades and optimization

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2020/03/31

Customer service has always been fantastic and supportive. OnSemble has a great Support Team, they are always there willing to help you right away.[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] both stood out as particularly helpful.

Pros

That it is based on HTML and it allows you to customize to a certain degree.

Cons

It is not very user friendly on the back end.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Lyndsie R.
Industry: Medical Practice

I love the tools and support at Passageways

Reviewed on 2018/10/10

We love it and our employees love it

Pros

Easy for users to use and you can personalize it to your company needs

Cons

It wasn't user friendly to begin creation as we thought it would be from the demo

Response from Passageways

Thank you for taking the time to review OnSemble! I'm so glad to hear that you are finding it easy and love the software. For new users, we can always provide free training if you need it!

Shelly C.
Industry: Wholesale

Page Design

Used Other for 1-5 months

Good so far

Pros

How helpful customer support was. The ease of designing pages.

Cons

nothing I can pin point yet - we are early on in the process

Response from Passageways

Thank you for taking the time to review OnSemble! I'm glad to hear how easy you are finding it to design pages, and I hope that trend continues. If you ever feel like you are in need of additional training or for any new team members, let us know!

Audra W.

OnSemble, Our Most Reliable Team Member

Reviewed on 2020/12/10

With our portal, we solved a consistency in documents issue we were experiencing. Since implementation, we have been able to ensure both locations have the most up to date documents on hand in the portal's document repository. We also solved the need for a shared calendar for all staff with the portal. We have provided our staff with a virtual Professional Development corner, containing a lending library, complete with motivational and professional development books employees can check out.

Pros

The document repository, ease of use, and infinite possibilities for custom pages are amongst my favorite features of OnSemble.

Cons

Most of our initial concerns with our portal were put to rest with the latest version update. We have experienced few issues with the portal since implementation. Any issues that arise are easily solved by the top notch Passageways Support Team or simply by emailing our extremely helpful and knowledgeable Passageways CSM.

Kristen S.
Industry: Banking

Look No Further - OnSemble is the Intranet Software to Pick!

Reviewed on 2020/03/10

Overall, I absolutely love OnSemble! The software itself is pretty amazing. The ease of use and vast amount of modules offered made this a no-brainer decision for us.

The people that work at Passageways are some of the nicest, most supporting people I have ever dealt with. They have made the whole process (setup, implementation, maintenance, etc) the best experience. You can't really ask for more when working with a third-party vendor!

Pros

1) Easy to learn how to create/build
2) Amazing Support Team - every person/department I've dealt with has been ridiculously helpful
3) Minimal training time - OnSemble is very easy for staff to adapt to.
4) The built-in modules are amazing and help with pretty much any need we've had with our Intranet.
5) Did I mention the people? Because I really enjoy working with everyone at Passageways!

Cons

The only thing I don't like about this software is the responsive web design. When moving between different screen sizes - some islands on the page overlap.

Kara C.
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

User Friendly and Great Support

Reviewed on 2020/04/29

The support has been wonderful. My CSM is very personable and interested in how we use the platform

Pros

The ease of use of the software is great as I do not have a background in web development. I am able to share my knowledge and train other "power users" very easily. Overall this platform is user friendly. The software has numerous add-on applications and has integration capabilities which is very helpful.

Cons

Ways to share streaming media can be tricky. We often have to use outside services to host streaming media and then come up with creative ways to present it on our portal. Otherwise hosting it directly on the platform's server can cause long loading times or strain on the systems performance. Our end users often request changes to the native document search on the platform. There can always be improvements in that aspect.