TrackAbout

Cloud-based fixed asset tracking software

Paul E.
  • Industry: Packaging & Containers

Overall I can get to the data I need, but it is not as user friendly as I would like it to be.

Reviewed on 2017/08/29

We get reliable cylinder tracking information. We have yet to move to a barcoded process, but I am excited to see the additional features offered with this.

Pros

I like that the system holds the cylinder balances and is accurate and reliable. It is rather simple to pull up a customers cylinder balance.

Cons

We have a lot of issues with our integration with Tecsys which does not appear to be a Trackabout issue. That being said to find rental rates is cumbersome in that I have to run the report. This should be much easier than it is.

Response from TrackAbout

Hi Paul, Thanks very much for the feedback. We definitely hear you and are very excited Rocky Mountain Air Solutions has agreed to become a TrackAbout development partner to make managing rental more user friendly. We're sure this means exciting changes for our product!

Ryan D.
  • Industry: Warehousing

Outstanding

Reviewed on 2017/08/29

The visibility of our assets across our organization and that of our customer base.

Pros

The software has been designed from the ground up for the Industry. It has taken the most common issues and solved them in the easiest manner possible.

Cons

The DB is not fully accessible and able to be queried. I would like the ability to have unfettered access to my information.

Response from TrackAbout

HI Ryan,

Thanks very much for the review! We agree with your feedback, giving you access to your raw data is a very high priority for us this year. That's why, in August, TrackAbout launched OpenData, a feature to let you query your TrackAbout data.

Here's the blog article for more information:

Brad L.

We have used Trackabout for over 10 years and use it as a competitive advantage in our industry

Reviewed on 2017/08/30

Pros

The ability to show movement of the cylinders and provide the customer with data dating back 10 years of their cylinder movement. At a movements notice we can tell them what cylinders they have and even the barcode numbers on those cylinders and how long they have had it. Also , our team appreciates using the preventive maintenance logs on the larger vessels.

Cons

A large con we have is writing an order before being able to scan a cylinder with the new system. This changes the customer flow we have become accustom to.

Robert L.

TrackAbout Rocks!!!

Reviewed on 2016/02/29

We started with TrackAbout from the start and it has worked perfectly for us for the last 2 years. I have been in the gas business for years and I really did not believe that an automated tracking system could be as accurate as TrackAbout has been. We spot check accounts on a regular basis and I am still amazed at how accurate it is. We picked up 57 cylinders from an account just last week and the inventory was perfect.

Regarding rent, it just doesn't get any easier. I remember the days of using index cards and about 4 people that did nothing but track cylinders. With TrackAbout, simply run a report and print!!

Regarding the character of the company, "do the right thing" and "go the extra mile" must be in mission statement. During set-up and implementation, the techs were as helpful as you can be and helped us launch with virtually no problems.

I would advise ANYONE in the gas business, large or small, to get TrackAbout.

Robert M.

Reviewed on 2017/10/26

Makes my job faster and simple

Pros

I find the software easy to use it is not complicated at all and for someone who is not a tech person ease of use is very important

Cons

App will occasionally crash on my phone smacking it difficult to complete a job without rebooting my phone

Response from TrackAbout

Thanks so much for the feedback Robert. We're so glad you're finding the software helpful and easy to use!

Bob E.

Excellent asset tracking software

Reviewed on 2015/10/01

We have been a customer of Trackabout for over a decade. We use the software to track over 100,000 assets. They have a very sophisticated, yet user friendly platform. We have tried other tracking systems in the past, but this is the only one that seems to account for all the real-world hiccups that our people encounter while moving assets around. Implementation was fairly painless. We were up and running in just a couple of weeks. The software was very easy to learn for our drivers and operators. 30 minutes or less, and they are ready to go. Overall, great experience with the company and their product.

Robert J.

TrackAbout solved our tracking issues

Reviewed on 2015/10/02

We have been using TrackAbout's tracking software for 10 years and the results were immediate and impressive. The high pressure cylinder exchange business allows for ample mistakes to be made. TrackAbout provides an easy and flexible program to bring visibility to the process. The software on the handheld devices was very easy for our employees to learn and the online browser based functionality is very robust. Their technical support has always been responsive and easy to work with. All of this allows for us to be very confident in the bills that we issue to our customers.

Traci L.

I am the TrackAbout Manager at my company, without TrackAbout we would be a mess!

Reviewed on 2016/01/13

TrackAbout has the best Customer Service, everyone is extremely knowledgeable and helpful on the phones and via email.
It keeps our business as well as our Customers organized.
Our Customers love follow on tracking for their own personal use.
We have so many reports and great information at our finger tips to help our business as well as our customers. It is a Win-Win.
It does take a little practice to get used to, but once you do, it is a great tool and asset.

Jonathan C.

Very helpfull.

Reviewed on 2016/02/29

I have come to find out if you have the right procedures in place and you use the software correctly this system is very accurate.

Mike P.

Been with them for several years. The product and customer support have done very well for us.

Reviewed on 2017/09/04

Pros

The trackabout team is very helpful in keeping us flexible with our customers with custom reports. It also gives our system more credibilty when asset issues come up with customers since a third party overseer is tracking all changes that take place. They are very accessable team if you have an issue. We use them as part of our value added presentation when we try to convince customers we are the vendor to choose.

Cons

Not alot on this catagory, some custom reports are very cost effe tive while some seem pricey. I am not a fan of the newest upgrade just changing the format and view. It doesnt seem as easy to get around to where you want to be, or at least where I want to be. I am sure the prompts are probably set up for the actions most used overall but as with most changes that have taken place in the last ten years I liked it better the old way

Response from TrackAbout

Hi Mike, Thanks very much for the terrific review. We're really excited to hear you use TrackAbout as a way to win new customers. Also, thanks very much for the feedback about the site. We'll be in touch to get some of your ideas about changes you might like to see.

Jan H.
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Very pleased with the software. Awesome support team and implementation specialist!!!

Reviewed on 2017/08/30

TrackAbout has flexibility. Can add comments / notes in multiple ways and attach to patient or asset. Can help to explain any issues with an asset that could be helpful to know in the future. Lets the next person know what has occurred if questions. This is a very robust system and feel I have not even touched the surface yet.

Pros

It does what it is supposed to do. Should have no problem knowing where assets are located. Multiple ways to search for assets depending on what criteria you have available to identify asset.

Cons

Software developed with gas suppliers / fillers in mind. I am a DME company dispensing medical equipment to the home. I track patients as well as the equipment. System works very well, but would like to see the last name, first name, middle initial entered in separate fields.

Response from TrackAbout

Thanks so much for your review, Jan. Our team has really enjoyed working with you!

Quality Product, Fast Scans

Reviewed on 2017/10/26

Helps us track equipment, no more wondering where the machines are.

Pros

rapid fire scanning, cell phone app that allows drivers to use the equipment in remote areas where there isnt wifi

Cons

The UI is a bit clunky, lacks the modern elegance that software should have, looks like it was created about 15 years ago and never updated. (This applies to the UI only, not the backend) The software works great.

Lokesh K.

Reviewed on 2017/09/24

Debra L.

EYE OPENING

Reviewed on 2015/10/02

We have used the TrackAbout software for 5 years now, our thoughts are "why did we not do this sooner". TrackAbout has been eye opening for our Company, Argyle Welding Supply, not only does it track our assets but we have also learned through this software how to become a better company overall. With trackabout, we have found the mistakes from within that were being made and now corrected to provide even better customer service and has also increased our revenue. As well we have the linked Exchange program on our software that lets us track our assets being filled by Major Suppliers. This has proven to be very effective in the prevention of Lost cylinder assets as well as billing errors. I would HIGHLY recommend the TrackAbout software to anyone and the staff is top notch. TrackAbout has truly been a Phenomenal experience.

Molly R.

A wonderful addition to our business.!

Reviewed on 2016/01/13

This software has enhanced our ability to keep customer accounts accurate. It has also helped us solve many of the "mysteries" we have encountered over the years regarding inventory issues (i.e full cylinders in the empty pile and vice versa). This is one of those products that you fall in love with pretty quickly, even if you didn't think you needed it in the first place. Another huge bonus to this software is the amazing customer service team, they are always there to back you up every step of the way!!

Jagan O.

TrackAbout has been chosen as Linde`s Global Cylinder Tracking solution for Lean & Fast...

Reviewed on 2016/01/21

Linde successfully rollouted out TrackAbout in 7 countries in 2014 & 2015. Linde successfully leveraged following cloud benifits with TrackAbout
1. No extra costs for Server Maint compared to other Linde Apps
2. Reduced internal efforts for Implementation and Operational support
3. Configurable platform with an ongoing invest to keep the solution up to date for State of the Art Technologies and Best Practice Processes.

Todd K.

TrackAbout has saved us time and money!

Reviewed on 2016/02/29

I have had nothing but good things to say about TrackAbout since using them. They helped us create a data base suited to our business needs. Their account team have always been responsive and also have always been very professional. For over 3 years TrackAbout have provided us with a solid data base & service for all our business needs.

Eric S.

A great company that provides a great product!!!

Reviewed on 2015/10/05

Our company has been using TrackAbout for over 11 years with over 100,000 assets tracked and it has brought great value to our business and to our customers. The members of the TrackAbout team are very knowlegable and easy to work with. If you are looking for a system to track your assets, TrackAbout offers the best system out there.

Jen S.

HFS Cylinder Tracking

Reviewed on 2016/02/29

I have had extreme success in using TrackAbout as a whole. We are using the program to primarily track where are assets/cylinders are at and which customers has which tanks. The handheld and bar code scanning are simple and user friendly, my technicians have had no problem picking up on the program and use it almost daily.

Ryan B.
  • Industry: Chemicals

Overall TrackAbout has been a great program It gives us a lot more visibility then what we had...

Reviewed on 2017/08/30

Visibility of our containers throughout the system.

Pros

I like the visibility this provides throughout the organization tracking our containers. It also helps us provide our sales team what the customer has out and how long they have had them.

Cons

The thing I like least about the program right now is I do not know how to find the information that I am looking for. I think after I use it more often, I do not think this will be an issue any more.

Response from TrackAbout

HI Ryan,

Thanks very much for your review and we're glad TrackAbout giving you the ability to manage your containers so well. W'll be in touch to set you up with one of our Customer Success Managers. We'd like to make sure you're finding the reporting and tools you need in the system.

Mike B.

Buzwair Industrial Gases is using TrackAbout to track compressed cylinders and racks of...

Reviewed on 2016/03/01

Very positive. It does what its supposed to. implementation phase was well supported and relatively painless.

Debbie L.

Very easy to use and is easy to teach other people to use

Reviewed on 2015/10/01

Been using this software since November 1998, they have definitely kept up with trends and changes. Always looking for cutting edge technology.

Jayanthi S.

The TA software very user friendly in install and use it.

Reviewed on 2016/03/01

i am using TA tracking software for asset registration , fill scan and customer delivery.

Prosper S.

Overall experience is great

Reviewed on 2017/08/30

Pros

Barcode feature
Easy to use both on smart phone and desktop
provides an organized structure for tracking assets
support from the team in case of any issue and I must say the team is very good and patient.

Cons

Custom reports- you sometimes just a report for a specific task and you need it instant. As much as the data is in trackabout, I should have the option to download all the data to and to do my own filtering and adjustment. This will be time consuming on my side but I still get access to the data whenever I need. The current process is to contact your team to be able to generate this report in a customized manner. This is great if I need the same report every month and to save time, I need it in some custom fields.

Response from TrackAbout

Prosper, Thanks so much for your feedback. Making your raw data more accessible to you is a very high priority for us.

If you haven't already, please take a look at our new OpenData feature to get you more data when you need it. https://corp.trackabout.com/query-trackabout-data

We promise to keep you updated as more features like this becomes available.

David H.

Excellent product with top notch customer support

Reviewed on 2017/08/30

Pros

TrackAbout handles the tracking of our assets from start to finish with few issues. The ability to utilize the application and access our information on multiple devices types is a huge benefit.

Cons

The TrackAbout webpage recent redesign has added multiple steps to gathering information that was previously accessible in one area with one click.

Response from TrackAbout

Dave,

CeeKay has long been an important TrackAbout customer and partner, thank you. And thanks so much for your feedback, we'll be in touch for your ideas about how to improve your website experience. .