SurveyLegend

Mobile-friendly survey management platform

Sara A.
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting
  • Used for Free Trial

Easier to use than bigger brands

Reviewed on 2019/12/19

Highly comparable to Survey Monkey, but better bang for the buck!

Pros

- Drag and drop function
- The ability to add page break but stay within the same page

Cons

- Sometimes the drag function freezes while being moved up and down

Google Forms and SurveyMonkey

Reasons for Choosing SurveyLegend

Pricing and better user experience

Reasons for Switching to SurveyLegend

Ease of use for me (the administrator) in creating the survey and easier navigation for the survey respondents.
Emin çetin H.
  • Industry: Government Administration
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Practical and easy to use

Reviewed on 2020/04/03

In general, I liked it and benefitting from it.

Pros

It is very practical and user friendly. Also, cost effective comparing with similar options.

Cons

Question types are limited and available questions are not customizable as well. For example, I want to insert a prioritization question, but I cannot do it with available tools. I have to compromise with my survey and ask such questions in different ways. Also designing sperate questions is also not available. For example, I have several likert-type questions but I have only a carousel-type of a design for all of them. I cannot see all the subquestions together in a table. Finally, I couldn't upload all or a part of my questions at once. I had to write them again.

Mike F.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions
  • Used Monthly for Free Trial

SurveyLegend Review

Reviewed on 2022/05/26

brand new, just started a couple weeks ago

Pros

Great set of feature in free trial. Nice to try before you buy

Cons

Would be nice to be able to export text feedback without needed to complete this feedback, but understand rationale

freed feedback limited to 40, we need at least 100 for our purposes

Reasons for Switching to SurveyLegend

better feature set in free trial
Francesca G.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Very good for survey

Reviewed on 2022/06/05

Pros

I love the user experience and the software intuitive even for people who had no experience with this kind of software.

Cons

It would be nice if there were more options and the ability to cross-reference data

Riza A.
  • Industry: Publishing

Its not just a survey its a legend

Reviewed on 2022/03/10

SurveyLegend is helping us out with our Customer Relationship. We were able to understand what our clients need and be able to hear them out also. The SurveyLegend is so precise that we were able to know what area is more into this product. Really loved the segmentation aspect and trends.

Pros

I like most about this software is the segmentation and being able to create a cool and easy survey for the customers. Its not just a survey it also captures the customers with its cool design and interactive survey format.

Cons

I least like about the software is the price, its quite pricey but I know its for a good reason. With all of its beautiful formats.

Typeform

Reasons for Choosing SurveyLegend

I was looking for a more precise or intensive apps that will benefit us more and make our life easier.

Google Docs

Reasons for Switching to SurveyLegend

SurveyLegend is very intensive, the same with Typeform but what I like about SurveyLegend is its segmentation aspect and be able to provide a real time trend.
Courtney T.
  • Industry: Restaurants

Inexpensive and easy!

Reviewed on 2022/06/09

I love that you can customize your survey with colors, graphs, emojis. It's very easy and very customizable.

Pros

I like that this software is free. We have been conducting new hire surveys as well as exit surveys with this software to see how we can eliminate employee turnover. It seems easy for the employees to use and it's easy as an administrator to operate.

Cons

Because there are so many different customizable features, it is not extremely user friendly when first starting out. It's a bit of information overload with everything you can do.

Oliver K.
  • Industry: Military

Easy to use, but...

Reviewed on 2022/05/20

Pros

I can only write about the survey feature because that is the only one I used. To build a survey is quite easy and straightforward. You can modify it easily to your needs and you get a high quality survey in minutes.

Cons

I am happy with the survey design. However, I was a bit disappointed that I am not able to download my results. Neither was I able to read the comments provided by the participants.
I know there is a need to sell your software, which I truly understand. But there should have been a warning, that this will not be possible. Or, make one download free, before the customer has to buy or licence the software. My survey participants are the same people who decide on purchasing a software. So, it would come in handy, if I could present the results of a survey and then tell them, if we want more of this we need to spent some money on your otherwise excellent product.

Preston L.
  • Industry: Market Research
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

SurveyLegend helps me perform easy surveys

Reviewed on 2022/05/24

Pros

I only conduct focused, user-friendly one-question surveys for customer segment research. This is really easy to do on my own without paying astronomical amounts for marketing bureaus to do it for us!

Cons

I would like to see an automatic-submit feature, as this is a needless step in my UX/UI process. As I only do 1-question surveys, automatic submit respects my survey pool's time.

Melissa F.

Easy to use.

Reviewed on 2022/04/27

Pros

The data can be collected without identifying information.

Cons

I did not find any cons with regard to the product at this time.

Hal N.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Great experience using Surveylegend

Reviewed on 2022/05/04

Pros

Being comprehensive and user friendly, it gives the users different options to choose and it's flexible.

Cons

It is a bit pricy. I was hoping if there is an option to give discount for students.

Olivia K.
  • Used for Free Trial

I'm working on a school project on how students treat their e-waste

Reviewed on 2018/08/11

Pros

There are several features that I really enjoyed while using it. Firstly, the designs all look really nice. There are many different themes to choose from and all of them look wonderful. I can also set a front page to introduce myself and my work before people start doing the survey. It has made my survey look classy and appealing for others to do. Secondly, it's very easy and simple to create and use. Just drag your favourite style of question into the survey and you can simply edit with ease. There are also quite a lot of question types to choose, so it gives my survey more variety and fun to complete. Thirdly, it allows me to have unlimited questions. I really like this feature as it offers me an opportunity to develop my questions in depth and provides me a convenient platform to create something more academic to support my school project. Overall, it's a great experience to use this and I'm satisfied with the quality of my work.

Cons

There are some features that I would like them to be included in the free version. Firstly, I think that the function of branching out is quite a common type of question and it would be great if I can use it. I have several questions that require this function, yet I was not able to use it for free so I had to change my plan. From this, I also hope that there is a function of labelling the questions in numbers so even if I couldn't use branching out, I can still ask my respondents to skip it themselves. Secondly, I hope that the results can be shown in an excel file, yet this feature is again only available in the pro version. I'm still a student and I don't have much money to afford this so if this feature is provided for me it would have been so much more efficient and convenient for me to analyse the data.

Response from SurveyLegend

Hi Olivia,

Thanks for taking the time to do such a detailed review, helping us and others really understand the value with SurveyLegend :)

Glad the quality of work was good and that you got a lot out of SurveyLegend, we are honored we could help.

All of your cons refer to features not being in the free plan and you being a student, but that's why we have a special price for student and educators see here: https://www.surveylegend.com/pricing-education/

We can't have a 100% free solution, if we did we would not be able to exist. That's why we take paid for professional features like the ones you mentioned. I hope my response makes things more clear and that the discounted price makes life easier for you and other students :)

Margherita M.
  • Industry: Textiles
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Great tool to get great feedbacks

Reviewed on 2021/02/04

I used it to gather feedback on reports that we send out to the organization on a weekly basis to understand how to better serve the users of this information. I had a very good experience since the software was very quick and easy to use and set up and offered a wide range of question options.

Pros

I liked that it's really easy and quick to set up a survey and there are so many different types of questions you can ask. Especially the opportunity to add pictures makes it really relevant for any kind of application. Also the way that the results are visualized is great and helpful also during presentation of the results.

Cons

For the usage that I made of it, I would have preferred that the surveys that were not completed would not have shown in the results. And my second improvement point would be the visualization of the "rating sentences" is not as great as the others. It would be best if it was more visual. And another great addition could be to show the results live and have the opportunity to use the software during presentations.

Mentimeter

Reasons for Choosing SurveyLegend

Because I could do less things and had less opportunities.

Reasons for Switching to SurveyLegend

Because it offered all the types of questions that I needed, especially the possibility of adding pictures.
Jack G.
  • Industry: Public Policy
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

A Great Alternative

Reviewed on 2021/03/02

SurveyLegend seems like a great resource for my work committee to use for surveying our membership. Based on my experience running a test survey so far, I'll likely recommend the platform for the cost savings it offers over its competitors.

Pros

First of all, this product is a great, cheaper alternative to more expensive platforms out there. The drag-and-drop features are great, and the site layout makes it very easy to create and review surveys. The steps to design and publish are very easy as well.

Cons

For some reason, extra clicks are required to enter text while designing the survey. The free version (of course) lacks many features, but one of them seems to include reviewing any survey responses longer than a sentence or so. Many of the backgrounds and font choices are a bit amateur-ish as well, but it may just be an issue with the free version, again.

Cost!

Cost!
Tanjin H.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Easiest to use and cheapest on the market for its value.

Reviewed on 2019/11/07

I have only used it for one survey but I check the responses daily and the emails that let me know when responses have reached 5/10/etc. are also very helpful. Overall, it’s my favourite survey tool to use so far.

Pros

I really like all the data tools that are given to us and that there is an option to export and share the data in various formats. All the information on the individual responses are very helpful. The survey itself is also very customisable so you can personalise as much or as less as you’d like!

Cons

The only suggestion I would have is that it could provide with an estimated time taken or average time taken to the users before they take it. Or give the survey creator the option to show those times.

Google Forms, Typeform and SurveyMonkey

Reasons for Switching to SurveyLegend

It was the cheapest option while still being highly customisable.

Response from SurveyLegend

Hi Tanjin,

Big thanks for your great review, we are really honored to have amazing members like you :)

We do our best to offer an easy to use yet powerful solution with a competitive price.

Faiza M.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

What an Incredible Software!

Reviewed on 2021/03/11

My overall experience with me and my team had been great. We were all able to log in and work in real time and see the improvements. The whole interface is very sleek and the survey came looking out very beautiful.

Pros

So I have been using the free trial daily and it was by far the best survey software I've used ever! It is so easy to navigate and create surveys. It is also very easily accessible for the participants to access the survey. I like that I can take the link and embed it into my social medias making it easy to market the software.

Cons

Everything is great! If I had to pick anything to improve it would be to have a little bit more freedom to design the survey aesthetics ourselves. For scientific surveys it would be great if there was an option for people who did not consent so it can take them out of the survey.

SurveyMonkey Enterprise

Reasons for Switching to SurveyLegend

Well it had a better free trial. I needed to get my survey across different people as it is super important for me and the community. With SurveyLegend, I can deploy unlimited amount of surveys and I really appreciated that aspect of it!
Zuhairah A.
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Collect feedback from customer and internal usage

Reviewed on 2021/07/13

Pros

I have use SurveyLegend both for collection opinion from customer, returning customer and as an feedback collector for our internal staff. It offer many ways to distribute the survey, as an example, it can be shared directly to the email contact list, or to the public using the social media account.

Cons

SurveyLegend is lacks of option for third-party, or outside software integration. We are processing all of our marketing data thru Jira, and if they can integrate their service with Jira, it will definitely improving our workflow as we don't have to export the data manually.

Nik L.
  • Industry: Photography

A legend Among Surveys

Reviewed on 2021/10/11

This has been a very valuable part of my market research and funding support. It's been relatively quick, easy and satisfying and I'd recommend this as a regular business tool to any of my colleagues (I already have.)

Pros

SurveyLegend - in my opinion- far excels in one of the most obvious but important ways: it helps the user build a really effective survey, and does so simply. And that's quite something given my experience of other survey builders. The richness of formats on offer presented in a neat drag-and-drop user interface was a joy to use, and within minutes I'd got myself the survey I'd wanted to build all along. Top marks. So - speed, ease of use, richness of content.

Cons

There's little missing. I just need to subscribe to get to some of the bits I really need. If my company wasn't a start-up I would subscribe to one of the reasonable packages in a hearbeat. One thing; the inability as a free user to see any of the survey answers until I reach a certain number of responses is very frustrating and - given that there are other limitations as a free user.. this could be waived maybe?

SmartSurvey and SurveyMonkey

Reasons for Choosing SurveyLegend

SurveyLegend was far superior overall and initially allowed me to make the survey I needed, rather than the one SmartSurvey allowed.

Reasons for Switching to SurveyLegend

I found the options for creating the survey I wanted far richer and diverse, the UI was easier.
Débora R.
  • Industry: Environmental Services
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

A big help for my thesis

Reviewed on 2019/06/13

I found it really easy to use and very complete with a lot of options. Will be using it in the future

Pros

I have tried lots of platforms for surveys but none of them wore good enough for my study, so I did a google search for the best survey platforms and SurveyLegend was in one of the top spots! It was free so I tried it. BEST. DECISION. EVER. I LOVE how aesthetic it is, the diversity of options for every tip of question, and specialy the way it analysis the results. I can really see myself using this software for future studies!

Cons

What I found kind of bad about the software was the fact that, in order to see the results from your survey you need to pay. Maybe have another way to get the results without paying or let the costumers know they will have to pay before they apply the survey, because for a student like me its not easy to have extra money for this kinds of stuff.

Response from SurveyLegend

Hi Debora,

Thanks for the great review, we love you back :) The free solution has data limitations and one of them is not being able to export the raw data. This we state on our pricing pages and our feature page, you must have missed them. Please see www.surveylegend.com/pricing/ and www.surveylegend.com/features/.

We try to offer as much as we can for free like unlimited data collection, unlimited questions can be added... But some data view is only provided in the paid plan, to get the full data access you need a Pro plan or higher.

We need to have paid features to exist and hope that the monthly fee is something you can afford, let me help you some more by providing a discount www.surveylegend.com/pricing-discount/

Clare N.
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Great interface but useful features only available with upgrades

Reviewed on 2019/10/25

I use the system to send out voting forms for my magazine's awards ceremony and track the results.

Pros

The design and user-friendliness of creating the survey is great - very simple to understand and easy to put together.

Cons

Some of the functionalities which could have been free, such as a thank you page and adding links into the survey, are only available with upgrades. Also I would have appreciated an integrated email/message send system within the platform so that I could email out the survey and then send reminders to those who haven't answered automatically, rather than having to keep track of respondents manually.

Response from SurveyLegend

Hi Clare,

Thanks for the review, we do our best to offer as much as we can for free but we are not Google :) meaning we don't sell ads or track your data to provide better ads.

We sell our software and do our best to provide live support and amazing ease of use, and in the end, we hope that our members that need the premium features consider paying as the world still requires money for us to live and to be able to offer our services. The same way as you and others need to bill for your services at some point we also must do so.

Thanks for being a member of SurveyLegend, we are honored to have you as members bee it free or paid. But please don't forget we have costs :)

Ray K.
  • Industry: Design

Best survey software I've ever used

Reviewed on 2019/09/20

Easy to use, great customer service, and helped me achieve my small business goals!

Pros

I am a user experience designer and small business owner. I love how SurveyLegend combines ease of use with beautiful aesthetics. This is a survey I actually enjoyed creating and wanted to put in front of my customers. I needed a survey that customers could rank their favorite products (with photos) and SurveyLegend was exactly what I was looking for. Not to mention, their customer service team rocks! Every question I fielded was answered by their gurus. I will definitely be using their service again. Thank you SureyLegend for building an incredible product.

Cons

I only send about 1 survey every 3 months so an option to pay based on number of surveys sent in a year (or maybe a survey package) instead of a subscription would be helpful for my small business.

Response from SurveyLegend

Hi Ray,

WOW! Your review made us all smile here at SurveyLegend. Glad to hear you found our solution easy to use and helpful, nice that you use the picture ranked question type, it's really an engaging question type and makes surveys, forms and polls look much more modern and fun.

Ray, we do have monthly plans, and you can downgrade whenever you're done, even during month one. Go to this page www.surveylegend.com/pricing/ and above the plans you have two buttons, one is yearly and one is monthly, click on the monthly button to get the monthly prices.

Thanks once again for the great review we are honored to have amazing members like yourself.

Noreen C.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

A great tool for market reserach

Reviewed on 2021/12/08

So far, I cannot complain. It is excellent.

Pros

This an excellent, intuitive tool with a lot of advanced features available.

Cons

The matrix function could be made to be a bit easier to make every step of it as required.

Typeform

Reasons for Choosing SurveyLegend

Surveymonkey was getting restrictive in its features.

better tools and functionality

Useful for Collecting Feedback!

Reviewed on 2019/08/11

Overall, my experience with SurveyLegend has been pretty positive. I think that it serves its role and is a good alternative to services such as SurveyMonkey, which are pricier and just not an option for many individuals. I like the creative control that is given to the users on SurveyLegend, as I am able to change around colors and logos to make the surveys more personalized. I would reccomend to others to check it out if they're looking for something like this!

Pros

SurveyLegend has been really great for collecting feedback! Where it be for collecting feedback from students, teachers, or colleagues, we have been able to get general ideas of how well our projects have been doing throughout the schools. This allows us to see how other people feel about the things that have been implemented and when we know that something has not been received well, we are able to take the criticism to create improvements.

Cons

What I like the least about SurveyLegend is that there is a limitation placed with only ten questions that are able to be asked. As a result, we are not able to go past the ten questions limit without having to pay for a subscription. As someone who works in a school and can't get a subscription that's very expensive, I am required to create multiple surveys so that I am under the limitations. This can be very inconvenient at times and I hope that the ten-question limit is increased.

Response from SurveyLegend

Hi, secret reviewer :)

Thanks for the great review but I must say we are surprised that you only could add 10 questions, this is not a limit we have, with us you can add unlimited amounts of questions.

I suspect you must have missed something during the creation. See what can be used with a free plan here www.surveylegend.com/features/

Next time please chat with our support team, they will help.

Kelsey C.

I am loving the fun functionality of this!

Reviewed on 2018/06/07

Pros

It is very intuitive offering drag and drop style design features. This product has such vibrant personality, I felt it could help in addressing the dry survey overload many folks experience that doesn't encourage deep engagement in the topic. While being funky and colorful, Survey Legend still offers professional evaluation options, making it a holistic survey platform~!

Cons

Hmmmm... There really isn't anything that I don't like so far. I would have loved to have access right away to a free trial of full functionality to truly understand the platform's value right away. I think that would be strategic -- to offer 1 initial survey attempt at full capability and then require payment (or offer the option to submit reviews for extra time). Without this option it's difficult to get the whole picture perspective.

Response from SurveyLegend

Hi Kelsey,

Thanks for the great review, I hope others see your review :) We are glad you like our approach to survey, form and poll creation.

We put a lot of time and energy on making sure our solution stays easy to use yet powerful and never ever becomes boring hehe.

We prefer offering a forever free account and if paid features are needed we offer 3 paid plans that you can choose.

We have a lot of members enjoying the forever free plan and we don't plan on changing it :) But thanks for your feedback.

Annie B.
  • Used for Free Trial

A great survey site for beginners

Reviewed on 2021/04/19

My overall experience has been good, I'm impressed by the options and by the user-friendly aspect, which is very helpful to people learning new software while working from home.

Pros

I love that this software is very easy to use for beginners who are trying to learn from home. I was able to collect responses in a survey for our company as well as for our sales reps. We previously used SurveyMonkey, but didn't use it enough every month to justify the cost, so are trying out SurveyLegend. I love how many options there are and that's it's very easy to play around with creating all different kinds of surveys for free.

Cons

This software was reccomended by a coworker, so I jumped in and started setting up a survey I needed right away, impressed by the options. I didn't realize that I wouldn't be able to export any responses to excel until I upgreaded. I probably could have found this out myself before starting my first survey, and I understand that limitation. But it would be nice if, say, the first survey you create allowed you to export responses so you can see what the entire survey collecting process is like before making the commitment to pas.

Ritika B.

Instant Quality Survey Form

Reviewed on 2020/12/14

Overall, It is an amazing app if you have to make survey forms again and again, than only you should buy it otherwise you can use the free one as It provides all the basic option for a good survey form. FOrm me it was a great investment as it worked very well and provided everything for a quality survey.

Pros

I have to do surveys now and then to get the opinion of my colleagues. Survey Legends helps me to make interactive and fun survey forms which provide precise and in-depth analysis of the survey. It has a lot of features to customize every bit of survey forms, which helps me to make it accurately according to my needs.

Cons

The free version is very restricted and does not have a lot of features. And you can use it for only 3 times. on the other hand paid version is very useful and feature packed.