SurveyLegend Reviews

SurveyLegend

Mobile-friendly survey management platform

4.6/5 (153 reviews)

I'm working on a school project on how students treat their e-waste

Reviewed on 8/11/2018

Pros

There are several features that I really enjoyed while using it. Firstly, the designs all look really nice. There are many different themes to choose from and all of them look wonderful. I can also set a front page to introduce myself and my work before people start doing the survey. It has made my survey look classy and appealing for others to do. Secondly, it's very easy and simple to create and use. Just drag your favourite style of question into the survey and you can simply edit with ease. There are also quite a lot of question types to choose, so it gives my survey more variety and fun to complete. Thirdly, it allows me to have unlimited questions. I really like this feature as it offers me an opportunity to develop my questions in depth and provides me a convenient platform to create something more academic to support my school project. Overall, it's a great experience to use this and I'm satisfied with the quality of my work.

Cons

There are some features that I would like them to be included in the free version. Firstly, I think that the function of branching out is quite a common type of question and it would be great if I can use it. I have several questions that require this function, yet I was not able to use it for free so I had to change my plan. From this, I also hope that there is a function of labelling the questions in numbers so even if I couldn't use branching out, I can still ask my respondents to skip it themselves. Secondly, I hope that the results can be shown in an excel file, yet this feature is again only available in the pro version. I'm still a student and I don't have much money to afford this so if this feature is provided for me it would have been so much more efficient and convenient for me to analyse the data.

Response from SurveyLegend

Hi Olivia,

Thanks for taking the time to do such a detailed review, helping us and others really understand the value with SurveyLegend :)

Glad the quality of work was good and that you got a lot out of SurveyLegend, we are honored we could help.

All of your cons refer to features not being in the free plan and you being a student, but that's why we have a special price for student and educators see here: https://www.surveylegend.com/pricing-education/

We can't have a 100% free solution, if we did we would not be able to exist. That's why we take paid for professional features like the ones you mentioned. I hope my response makes things more clear and that the discounted price makes life easier for you and other students :)

Team SurveyLegend

I am loving the fun functionality of this!

Reviewed on 6/7/2018

Pros

It is very intuitive offering drag and drop style design features. This product has such vibrant personality, I felt it could help in addressing the dry survey overload many folks experience that doesn't encourage deep engagement in the topic. While being funky and colorful, Survey Legend still offers professional evaluation options, making it a holistic survey platform~!

Cons

Hmmmm... There really isn't anything that I don't like so far. I would have loved to have access right away to a free trial of full functionality to truly understand the platform's value right away. I think that would be strategic -- to offer 1 initial survey attempt at full capability and then require payment (or offer the option to submit reviews for extra time). Without this option it's difficult to get the whole picture perspective.

Response from SurveyLegend

Hi Kelsey,

Thanks for the great review, I hope others see your review :) We are glad you like our approach to survey, form and poll creation.

We put a lot of time and energy on making sure our solution stays easy to use yet powerful and never ever becomes boring hehe.

We prefer offering a forever free account and if paid features are needed we offer 3 paid plans that you can choose.

We have a lot of members enjoying the forever free plan and we don't plan on changing it :) But thanks for your feedback.

Team SurveyLegend

It is a great platform to create your survey forms and analyze the results.

Reviewed on 6/29/2018

My survey went well. People appreciated about the form which I created for them. These software are very useful for students and researchers.

Pros

I was looking for the image choice option which I failed to find in any other application. Image choices are the best for interactive forms.

Cons

I liked every bit of this software but I failed to add more images which is in paid version. You need to add more functions to your free version part.

Response from SurveyLegend

Hi,
Thanks for your great review. Glad to hear your respondents appreciated the great looking surveys :)

We try to give as much for free as we can, but we also need to have paid features.

When you upload images to our platform it takes space, space costs. In the free plan we allow 6 images for you to upload, adding a cost for us that we take, for you to be able to use our solution even as a free member.

More than 6 & the cost starts to be too much for us to handle on a big scale. We have millions of users & many of them are free, now the 6 images can be multiplied by the amount of free user we have & suddenly the cost of hosting increases dramatically.

I hope my explanation is good enough for why we can't offer unlimited upload of images :) Hope to see you & other amazing member use SurveyLegend for free or as paid.

It's important to remember, that we are grateful for all our members, free or paid, you're all part of the SurveyLegend family :)

BR,
SurveyLegend

Fancy survey platform which could lower the entry barrier

Reviewed on 12/15/2018

Pros

The user interface is really likable. It really tries to minimize the mental burden during the creation process of new surveys. Also, the detailed listing of the different plans is quite helpful.

Cons

When it comes to inserting logic for conditional questions, the user interface again tries to ease the process with a graphical flow. However, I found the expressiveness of this logic quite limited. I am not quite sure, though, if this stems from my lack of experience with this tool or if this a real flaw.

The biggest struggle I had with this tool was to find out which features would ultimately be useful and thus justify an license upgrade. Ideally, Surveylegend would offer a fully-featured demo version with limited results export or limited usage duration.

Response from SurveyLegend

Hi Bastian,
Thanks for the great review, we work hard on offering an easy to use yet powerful survey, form and poll solution.

The logic flow is easy to use but it's limited if you have a free account, the system informs you if you exceeded the features of the free plan.

Thanks once again for your feedback, it always listen to our legendary members and act :)

7.0/10

Easy to start and made me look like a Pro!

Reviewed on 5/15/2018

Pros

I really liked that I was able to immediately begin designing a survey. The tools were simply laid out and explained so that I didn't feel like I had to read a software manual first. I was able to learn on the fly and find out how simple it was. That doesn't mean that it didn't have many features or let you dig deeper, it did all that to - but I found the interface easy and clean.

Cons

There were limitations on the free version. I understand why, I just wanted to get into more of the logic sets. It'll wait until I sign up for the Pro version!

Response from SurveyLegend

Hi Gregory,

Thank you for making our day, the entire team was super happy to read your review :)

When we set out to create SurveyLegend our focus was and still is to create an easy to use yet powerful survey solution that enables you to create beautiful surveys, forms, and polls with no prior experience.

Your amazing review confirms us that we have managed in doing so, and we want to thank you for reminding us that we have accomplished this.

It's an honor to have you using SurveyLegend,

warm greetings from Sweden and the entire SurveyLegend team.

Best thing I never knew I needed

Reviewed on 9/21/2018

Overall, my experience w Survey Legend was better than what I was expecting. I was so used to doing my analytics after all the survey results have come in; but now, its such a joy to see my numbers updated real time :)

Pros

I was using a different platform for my surveys before, but recently, a friend had told me about Survey Legend. It was easy to use - the interface was easy to navigate through; there were different options for the type of survey you wanted; the shared link was readily available; you had palettes to choose from when designing; I was not limited to a number of questions; and my favorite feature: there was live analytics!

Cons

One of the items that I was really concerned with was that for free accounts, you could only keep 3 surveys at a time. I wish this would be increased since the tool is really easy to use.

Response from SurveyLegend

Hi Monica,

Honored to have a CocaCola employee use our solution :) Your feedback made us all here at SurveyLegend glad. 3 surveys are the maximum you can create with a free account but after that, we do have yearly or monthly plans that start from $19/month or $170/year.

The great thinbg with the monthly plan is that you can downgrade whenever you like, no minimum signup period :)

Warm greetings from us here at SurveyLegend.

Best ever online survey

Reviewed on 8/15/2018

Unlike other online survey service, SurveyLegend offers very generous number of functions, questions and participants for free users. It is suitable for those who would like to conduct a survey and have a lot of question and participants. In addition, their customer service agents are helpful and friendly. I contacted them twice for advice on functionality and they just provided excellent support and clarified all of my questions. If we happen to conduct a survey again, I definitely use SurveyLegend again.

Pros

SurveyLegend offers unlimited number of questions and participants, which are really useful when you have loads of questions to ask. Moreover, the live analytics function categorises data in a very easy to read format so it helps us interpret data to insight faster.

Cons

Some important functions are disabled for free version. For example, we cannot extract data into excel format or cannot delete some responses.

Response from SurveyLegend

Hi Onpilin,

Thanks for the great review, we are honored to have you as a member :) We are glad you found our solution easy to use and generous.

We try to give away as many features as we can for free, but the export of data is not one of them. We would love to be able to offer a solution that's 100% free but if we did that then we would not be able to exist.

Team SurveyLegend

Very simply and well done site for making surveys!

Reviewed on 5/19/2017

I had to know opinion on some problem. I had to ask all people from my departmen. Thanks to it I could create needed survey fast and for free. Results are displayed on very well looking graphs and diagrams.

Pros

The software offers easy to use and very intuitive interface. You can design your own survey just like you want! The most exciting for me is how it looks - buttons, forms, every single field looks well - it doesn't matter where you open your survey - on a normal screen or mobile.
When you create your survey you can use a lot of options like a typical questions or "picture" questions ;-) You can mark some questions as a required and everything works well and dynamically.

Cons

When you write question with a couple of options you can use option "Other" and let user write what he wants - that's great - but sadly you cannot see the answers in free version ;( (you have to buy monthly plan or you can get it for free - you have to write positive or negative review) - my review is rather positive - the site is responsive and looks really good.

Response from SurveyLegend

Hi Konrad,

Thanks for the great review :) we are happy to know you enjoy our solution.

We will be improving our "Live Analytics" and hope to be able to show even the other option. The other option is not shown because it affects the visual (charts) presentation negatively on the "Live Analytics" page.

Team SurveyLegend

Its a pleasure to use, for both researchers and respondents

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 4/23/2018

Pros

Love the user interface - I can set up surveys exactly as I want, get live analytics, identify and easily share actionable insights; also the SurveyLegend team are great at reaching out

Cons

You have to have a pro subscription to export your data and do all the clever things SurveyLegend supports, and for me it's not cost effective to do that for one-off, infrequent surveys

Response from SurveyLegend

Hi Lubaina,

I must say your review made our day :) We are all happy to hear you enjoy using our solution and that our support team did a good job in assisting you during your survey creation journey.

We are honored to have you as a member of the ever-growing SurveyLegend family.

Team SurveyLegend

Really easy and quick to use!

Reviewed on 8/15/2018

I would 100% recommend SurveyLegend to anyone, it is so simple to use and provided me with a comprehensive way to complete my research and I was able to reach a wide target population with the ability to use my survey on mobile devices.

Pros

The number of different question formats allowed me to design and utilise numerous answer styles to one question; the ease of use and the compatibility on mobile.

Cons

Harder to view live analytics in individual responses, live results in the free version show up as responses to the question rather than individual responses to each question.

Response from SurveyLegend

Hi Georgina,
You spoil us with praises :) Thanks a lot, really happy to know that our solution was able to help you and save you time.

We focus on making sure our surveys, forms, and polls are device friendly, more than 50 % of the surveys respondents to are done on phones so that's a super important aspect to think of and we did just that when we developed our solution :)

Thanks once again for the great review and support.

Team SurveyLegend

I liked the overall quality as it was so easy to design and create one survey.

Reviewed on 5/13/2018

I had a sociology project which was on the topic water scarcity and its usage and i had to submit a survey to prove my point. It was hard for me to get the hard copies and then fill them by going to every person, but a friend suggested this so i used it and i loved it and i will further recommend this software to everyone.

Pros

The software is really user-friendly, I didn't even contacted the customer service as it was so easy and yeah its totally worth of money.

Cons

There was actually nothing at least that I disliked :) Because it was so to create a survey and also get the live results at once.

Response from SurveyLegend

Hi Wajahat,

Thanks for the great review :) Really happy to hear our solution was of help during your sociology project.

Hope all went well with your sociology project :)

Team SurveyLegend

Fun cool graphics easy to use.

Used Monthly for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 6/27/2018

Pros

It was easy to use and the graphics were pretty awesome. I really think that this website is worth having as I enjoyed making a survey and its options were easy and helpful.

Cons

nothing.

Response from SurveyLegend

Hi Lydia,

Thanks for your review, our designer will be happy to know that his design has left a lasting and positive impression on you :)

Ease of use and the word joy is what we want to bring to the all to boring survey, form and polls industry.

Glad to know we done it :D

Warm getting from Sweden,

SurveyLegend Honest Review

Reviewed on 2/28/2019

SurveyLegend helps me to make a questionnaire for my thesis work

Pros

you can try the pro subcription for free for a week. not to mention great user interface and easy to use and cheaper price comparing to their competitor (since I am a student, so yap)

Cons

nothing, practically the best online survey tools for now. I wish there's a student price and one-time only price

Response from SurveyLegend

Hi Fathiyah,

Thank you for providing the great and motivational feedback :)

The monthly plans you can upgrade and downgrade the same day, this way you stay upgraded for the 30 days you paid for and after it back down to free.

We do our best here at SurveyLegend, glad you appreciate all the hard work we have done.

Amazing and Easy survey tool

Reviewed on 8/27/2018

It took me some time researching for the best way to make an interesting and good looking survey, and SurveyLegend was the best tool I found. I am happy I chose it.

Pros

SurveyLegend makes it simpel to make an beautiful survey. You can use pictures and emojis to make it really interesting for the participants, and itworks well. Plus it is an easy tool to use, and if there are doubts they have a really good support system.

Cons

The biggest problem is if you use the free version you are not able to export your data, just get it from the website.

Response from SurveyLegend

Hi João Antonio,

You're review made us feel proud of SurveyLegend, more than we already do :) Thank you for that.

We really do work hard on making SurveyLegend a great solution that makes life easier for you, all our other members and members to be. Glad to hear we managed to do that for you.

Jasse from our support team says; Hi :)

Great.

Reviewed on 2/27/2018

Pros

Very user-friendly, customizable, lots of features, very colorful, easy to use and share, easy to see live analytics.

Cons

I dislike that you need to upgrade to pro / purchase the pro version in order to export the data from surveys.

Response from SurveyLegend

Hi Sarah,

Thank you for taking the time and doing a review, this helps us become better and it helps the future member of SurveyLegend :)

We're glad to hear you managed to create an amazing survey and for appreciating our design and ease of use. We feel that surveys should not be boring so we add our Legendary touch to everything we do.

We offer a lot of features for free, more than enough to create a survey and collect unlimited with data as you seem to have done. But we cant have a 100% free solution, if we did we would not exist. We hope you find our solution good enough to pay for a Pro account, and the amazing thing is that the pro monthly account allows you downgrade whenever you need.

Team SurveyLegend

You can create fascinating surveys on this program

Reviewed on 1/22/2018

Creating the exact survey I wanted and having my friends rank my artwork. And it's easier to share on all social media pages

Pros

The features are awesome, you can create any time of survey you want and add backgrounds to make it look good.

Cons

What I don't like about this software, is that people can repeatedly take the survey...there's no limit but the exported data will give true results

Response from SurveyLegend

Hi Katlego,

Thanks for the great review :) we are glad to know our picture-based question type was able to help with collecting reviews about your artwork.

We do stop people from doing the survey over and over again, but you must have enabled "allow multiple participation" this you only enable if you are doing an in-store survey on a tablet. This is why someone can open the survey as much as they want, please disable this on the "Start" step and you are good to go again.

Team SurveyLegend

Easy! Easy to use, easy to make, easy view.

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 4/4/2018

Pros

How easy it is to setup a nice looking survey, with many great options. The system also make it very easy for the user to complete the survey in a short time.

Cons

A little slow in the loading process. When I review the answers that have been submitten by users, the page is a bit slow to load.

Response from SurveyLegend

Hi Chris,

You're the best, we are happy, super happy to have you as a member of SurveyLegend family. 2 years is a long time and we hope you to stay with us for a 100 more years :)

Amazing!!!

Reviewed on 5/9/2018

Pros

The most good thing I found about SurveyLegend is that they allow you to make more than 10 questions and won't charge you for that! And I think you know what I mean, when at least 5 of main questions is about gender, age, occupation and then the actual questions are left out, that's the most annoying thing ever, but SurveyLegend helped me out pretty well with this! :)

Cons

I think the only thing that I did not enjoyed so much is the fact that all questions are in one page, therefore a lot of people had a chance to skip some of the questions, although they were mandatory to answer. Maybe one question at the time would be better than all of them at once :)

Response from SurveyLegend

Hi Samanta,

Amazing, yes we are hehe :)

Thanks for the great review, glad you notice we don't have limits on how many questions you can add to your survey like many other providers have.

What you may have noticed is that we collect all data even not submitted responses so that's why it may look like people jumped answering questions. But in fact, we save all data in real time and you can then yourself decide if you want to keep uncompleted responses or not.

Hope my answer helped :)

Survey Legend

Reviewed on 3/2/2017

Survey Legend has been easy to use and produces efficient results. I'm excited to see how the data exports to excel and to use the data gleaned for reporting. I'm most impressed with the up to date information provided by email update. This has been a very valuable tool in our use of the survey legend and has allowed me to stay up to date with the data as it is being entered without having to actively watch the results as they came in,

Pros

The up to date information sent as results come in.

Cons

No free version!

Response from SurveyLegend

Hi Kylie,

Thanks for the great review :) we do have a free version and you are using it. The free version does not have export as an option that's a paid feature.

We offer unlimited with responses, questions, access to almost all our question types and much more in our free plan. But we need to bill for some of our features if we don't do that we can't exist and you wouldn't be able to enjoy our solution :)

7.0/10

Easy and simples to use.

Reviewed on 5/22/2018

Pros

Simplicity to add questions. Sometimes the menu has tips to guide the user to chose de best choice in question style.

Cons

Slow login screen. Integration doesnt let me save um GDrive, direct to my account. But the way to get a free features helps a lot.

Response from SurveyLegend

Hi Abraão,

Thanks for your review :) we have tested logging in our selves after reading your review and it's fast, can it be that your connection was bad or that you aren't using the latest version of the browser of your choice?

We will proceed to investigate but at the moment all is working great.

7.0/10

Highly customizable survey maker.

Reviewed on 12/19/2017

Pros

Customizable, aesthetically pleasing themes, and easy to use. We've tried every other survey maker out there and Survey Legend was the easiest to use.

Cons

None! Wish there were more features that didn't require an upgrade. But overall if you are making a simple survey, go with Survey Legend.

Response from SurveyLegend

Hi Tinny,

Thanks for a great review and for choosing SurveyLegend as your survey provider :)

We try to give as many features as we can for free, but some features do cost. Your upgrade helps us proceed to offer a great and easy to use survey solution.

Good UI and super easy setup Survey Online app

Used Monthly for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 1/8/2018

Pros

I am making a simple voting form allow my user to vote a competition campaign. I tried to find some free version on the net. There tons of that but not like SurveyLegend. Although it can create six voting options only, it super easy setup steps and superb user interface let me create that form only 10 mins! With Visual Surveys feature, I can create a very beautiful candidate's photo-base form instead of boring text-only form. Some built-in interaction for the user while voting is very good. It won't let user feel boring. It is a web-based application that I thought need a lot of browsing and clicking. By Drag-and-Drop feature, it saved me a lot of time on that. The best thing is I can get the vote result and notice instantly. It provides a great Analytics and Insight on my vote.

Cons

For simple Survey Application as I am, almost nothing I dislike on SurveyLegend. One thing I want is open all the feature for free subscription user even a very short period that will be great.

Response from SurveyLegend

Hi Charles,

Thank you for your great review, we are really glad you like our ease of use and interaction of the solution. We work hard on making the creation experience easy to use for you and we also make sure your respondents have great looking and engaging surveys to respond to :)

Thanks once again, your review made us all happy.

The perfect survey app!

Reviewed on 9/22/2017

Pros

What I really like about survey legend is that there are several features that you can play with when creating a survey. I was able to make a survey that is easy to understand but at the same time enjoying because of the playful features of this website. I also love that the information you gathered are organized well. They also have a feature wherein you can chat a specialist regarding the problems you encountered and they would answer immediately. Overall, it's really worth it! A very good survey website.

Response from SurveyLegend

Hi Pauline,

We love you back :) Thanks for the great feedback and nice words. Reviews like your make our day, we are honored to have members amazing as you are.

Warm greetings from Sweden,
Team SurveyLegend

Great User Experience for everyone !

Reviewed on 2/1/2019

Pros

My first survey was very easy to set up. But the whole experience is really good, from both points of view (admin or front end). Everything looks modern and designing the survey is as pleasant as it is to view / answer it.

Cons

I didn't realize I would have to upgrade to view more than 1 individual response. This was a bad surprise, as I was expecting to drill down to see what our customers had written in their specific responses.

Response from SurveyLegend

Hi Jonathan,
Thanks for an amazing review, we are really happy to have you as a member. We try to offer as many features as we can for free but exporting data or viewing 'Individual responses' view is not part of the free plan. We must bill for some of the features to be able to exist.

Team SurveyLegend

A fantastic platform for surveys

Reviewed on 11/15/2018

Overall Survey legend was super exciting to work with on my academic research paper
questionnaire and will definitely use it for all my work.

Pros

Survey Legend is in deed a legend, it does exactly what you want it to. Easy to use and very rich with features that I couldn't find elsewhere.

One of the features I was impressed with was the ability to use images in my survey. What impressed me the most was the spontaneous rendering of these images for both desktop & mobile.

Overall Survey legend was super exciting to work with.

Cons

At times the loading of the back end would be slow, but fortunately the front end never gave any issues to my users.

Response from SurveyLegend

Hi Samora,

Thanks for the great review, you are the Legend :)

We also love our picture selection question type, glad it could help you in your research.

Our platform is device friendly that's why it looked great on all devices, no matter if it's a phone, tablet or computer :)