SmartSurvey

4,7
Tony H.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising
Company size: Self Employed

The best choice for non-profit organisations

Reviewed on 2020/09/07

It's the best way to find out what your audience really thinks. They could be members, residents, users or colleagues. Conducting an anonymouse survey of them with Smart Survey encourgaes them to give you honest opinions and that helps you work out your priorities and strategies moving forward.

Pros

Smart Survey is very easy to use for non-professionals. Sometimes small, non-profit organisations need to do some market research but don't have the professional expertise or resources to outsource it. Smart Survey is a really good choice for them, because it has all the essential features and functionality needed for a professional survey and is easy to learn and implement. Above all it looks professional and has an authoritative sounding name so that when you publish the survey online it looks good. That helps people to respond.

Cons

I can't really think of anything I don't like about it.

Response from SmartSurvey

Hi Tony,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We're so pleased to hear you are enjoying using SmartSurvey! If there is anything you need, please feel free to get in touch with the support or sales team they will be happy to help.

Andrew D.
Industry: Government Administration
Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

SmartSurvey - the Smart Choice!

Reviewed on 2020/10/08

Excellent experience - I'd recommend this to anyone!

Pros

Easy to use, with helpful support available. Many templates, example questions and question types with
the ability to write your own surveys with your own images and logos.

Cons

There could be more exported data types, and more options within the analysis reports.

Allison S.

SmartSurvey does not meet design requirements.

Reviewed on 2018/06/26
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

SmartSurvey is a platform that does have very good functions to be considered one of the best in the market of surveys, however, it should be stressed that this platform is very good to maintain opinions with a better status.

Cons

SmartSurvey does not fulfill what it promises, because when you go to the registration page, the design is very nice, but when you finish the registration, they send you to a page where nothing that was previously seen is like that, since they give a design horrible with colors that do not attract attention.

Annabel B.
Industry: Legal Services

Good customer experience

Reviewed on 2020/09/18

very useful for global or in house company surveys

Pros

Happy with the ease of use of this product, the underlying software is flexible and makes production of useful reports fairly easy.

Cons

Would prefer more options around free text reporting. The new pricing structure is a little more confusing and my costs went up upon migration from the legacy account.

Response from SmartSurvey

Hi Annabel,

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. Your feedback is much appreciated.

Industry: Information Technology & Services

One of the best customer support out there

Reviewed on 2020/09/24

Pros

Easy to use, simple to implement, straight to the point, reasonably priced.

Cons

Some of the respondents were not from the relevant field as requested. Some did not provide relevant answers to the questions.

There is a little bit of cleaning needed in SmartSurvey's database to address the former; as far as the latter goes this is not something that they can really control, so I won't take any points away for that.

Response from SmartSurvey

Thank you for your review, the positive feedback is much appreciated!

Melissa D.
Industry: Automotive

Easy Survey to run

Reviewed on 2020/10/07

Pros

The survey was easy to use and the results were easy to analyse

Cons

There is nothing I can say which I didn't like. It was just what I wanted

Response from SmartSurvey

Hi Melissa,

Thank you for your kind words. We are so pleased you have enjoyed using SmartSurvey and great to hear our Sales and Support teams were on hand to help you both before and after purchase.

Many thanks,

Chris S.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Customized Surveys for Healthcare

Reviewed on 2020/03/11

Pros

It's easy to create customized surveys, including scorings that are necessary for healthcare usage.

Cons

The overview about the different pricing options is confusing and should get a rework. On the other side customer support was helping a lot.

Janine J.
Industry: Arts & Crafts

Basic Account Is Perfect For The Small Non Profit

Reviewed on 2020/10/06

I user the software to collect data for a book club. It's absolutely perfect. The users have responded very well. The reporting features ate very comprehensive. I love how I can choose the option to receive an email each time someone responds.

Pros

Because I am an occasional user, I am very happy to have the option of a free basic account, with the option to upgrade for enhanced features should I ever need to. It's the perfect way to try out the software and whilst there are restrictions on the features, numbers of questions and the number of surveys that can be sent, for the occasional user with less than 100 responders per month, it's absolutely perfect. The software is very feature rich even at the basic level, and were I a company I would not have any qualms about paying to use the advanced features. It's very user friendly and easy to use even for the beginner

Cons

It would be great to have the option to renumber or re-order survey responses, or to print a summary. At present I don't have the budget to upgrade to acquire these type of features as they are "nice to have" rather than essential, but it's certainly something I would consider.

Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

HR & Quality Manager

Reviewed on 2020/10/09

We have been able to use the product to collect feedback from external users, communicate and consult with our own workforce, data capture for reporting and beyond. Functionality for creating surveys and reporting exceeds our requirements.

Pros

Easy to set up variety of surveys depending on your output requirements. Excellent reporting functionality.

Cons

We haven't experienced any issues with the product.

Andrew P.
Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Andy's review

Reviewed on 2020/08/11

Good experience, I like it.

Pros

Easy to get to grips with and understand the layout, good auto save and session resume abilities.

Cons

the over design function feels rather old fashioned in comparison to others, its seems to have some basic function when editing the question titles for example.

Response from SmartSurvey

Hi Andy,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, I have passed your feedback on to our product manager.

We have the survey design tool in the product roadmap, and we hope to start work on an updated version later in the year.

In the meantime, if you have any questions feel free to get in touch with support who will be happy to assist you.

Many thanks,

Nicholas B.

Quick to start, good support, but it can also take some time to figure out all the details

Reviewed on 2017/11/01

Pros

I've been using SmartSurvey for social science research for about 6 weeks now, and agreed to write a brief review and first impressions of the product and my experience using it in return for a not-for-profit discount on the product.

I'm using the service to conduct open-ended social scientific questionnaires about how online communities help people care for those with chronic health conditions, and have so far found SmartSurvey to be quite a nice way for doing so. It allows me to post links to surveys within online communities and efficiently each a globally distributed population.

I was originally attracted to the product because I needed a service provider that adhere to EU data privacy laws but offer a product that is in English (since this my native language and the common language of my respondents). A lot of the US providers could not meet the requirements, especially regarding data deletion. SmartSurvey quickly responded to a question I had on this account and told me they could guarantee that upon request, survey data would be deleted from active servers within a week and from backups within 30 days. Most US providers could not come close to guaranteeing this.

While you can get a basic survey going quickly, there is a lot of customizability on the back end, and this can take some time to learn. My experience is that documentation is good and support tickets I have submitted have always been answered promptly and helpfully.

Cons

One example of the tool's behavior that takes some getting used to so this is not so much a con as a part of the tool that is a bit more complex and takes more time to learn is the anonymous response function. This function hides respondent IP and geographic information from responses when activated. However, if it is off, and then someone responds, and you then turn it on, the system seems to continue to log the information, although it hides. You can then turn the setting back off and reveal all this information. This means a survey is not a truly anonymous UNLESS you design it so from the get go. Similarly, it is possible to activate both the complete it later function, which lets respondents save incomplete surveys by entering a name and email (identifying information that allows them to receive a unique link). But this identifying information will only be permanently hidden if you set the anonymous response feature to on before your first response. Otherwise, the complete it later function undoes the anonymous response setting. So make sure you peruse the full set of privacy features before opening up your survey to respondents so that the settings are correct before you begin. (Also, if you are testing features, be sure to start with a fresh, unopened survey, rather than just changing features on a survey that for which you have already gathered test responses.)

Pamela C.

Fantastic! Exactly what we need to be able to collate information effectively.

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/02/13

Pros

The ease of use and simplicity of the programme. I am creating the surveys on behalf of Local Authority Building Standards Scotland. We are currently looking at our membership and require to see if we are currently meeting their needs and where we need to improve. Smart survey as a tool to be able to collate this information is fantastic and the fact that it produces the tables and diagrams for you and makes us as a group move on from the spreadsheet and having to interrogate the information provided saving on valuable man hours as the admin and management team are put together from staff from the 32 Local Authorities and this is not a job we are paid to do this is just for us to hopefully in Scotland improve the services we provide to the customer. We issued our 1st survey at the beginning of February and still have 2 weeks for it to run but it is brilliant seeing the information coming in and being able to see we are making progress and that we are not to far of the mark. The way it is presented is very easy to analysis with lots of tools available to assist. If stuck customer helpline is exactly what is says on the tin help...no question to small or silly.

Cons

There are some questions that need to be adapted but on discussion I was told there are ongoing developments (matrix questions in multiple answers currently all fields require to be completed even if the response is zero - a default of zero if not completed would be perfect)

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Thais M.
Industry: Environmental Services
Company size: Self Employed

Very easy to use survey and a very good customer service!

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2020/08/17

I run a survey every year to ask residents to carry out a bird box survey in several developments. Smart survey has been a very good platform to do this.

Pros

I have used this software to organise a bird box survey for the last two years. The best feature is the easy of use, you do not need a lot of time to get acquainted with the features. Also, it is a British software- I like to go local when choosing apps etc.

Cons

I guess every time I want to set the ending time, I have to ask google. Maybe make that more obvious? But that is just me as I used it only for 4 months every year, so from year to year, I forget!

Response from SmartSurvey

Hi Thais,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It's great to hear you enjoy using SmartSurvey. I will pass your feedback on to our product manager.

Charles S.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management
Company size: Self Employed

Extremely easy to use questionnaire software, suitable for both small and large organisations

Reviewed on 2017/07/05

Affordable, flexible questionnaire design, administration and management

Pros

It is very easy to set up a questionnaire, and there is a very good range of question types and answers. Images and video can be embedded in a question, broadening the design. The design-test-redesign cycle is well implemented. The whole questionnaire can be easily branded to give a unique look. Deployment is simple, and with multiple versions easily set up. Usefully for a forum, it is possible to produce a print copy of on-line survey with ease, so that the same questionnaire can be used on street stalls or visiting where online use is not possible or low. There is also support for publishing links to the survey via social media such as Twitter or Facebook.

Analysis facilities are good, with basic summaries and a frequency count of answers immediately available. This aids continuous tracking of the survey. There are good export features, so data can be moved to Excel or R for more detailed review.

I found this a very useful software suite and can wholeheartedly recommend it. The speed at which a survey can be prepared and sent out, and distributed via a variety of means such as email lists, social media or web sites makes it a very effective tool for carrying out a wide variety of consultations, such as in planning and community surveys. Local authorities would benefit from a slightly more expensive version that could allow them to get to know their community views in greater depth.

Peter M.
Industry: Management Consulting

Fantastic survey software

Reviewed on 2020/04/13

Fantastic. I think they called me once to check it was all okay, but that was literally a question as to whether there was anything they could do. The rest of the time, the site worked perfectly, downloads of the data were simple.

Bottom line is it worked as they said it would and you cant ask for more than that.

Pros

So simple to set up the questionnaires
Easy for participants to access (multiple ways to access the site- QR codes, weblinks etc)
Brilliant behind the scenes options- things like being able to annonomise respondents by removing IP addresses was a huge benefit for my study and meant i was able to make sure i didnt breach any GDPR requirements

Cons

There is nothing about this that i feel is a con.

Dan L.
Industry: Insurance
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

A very good system for NPS

Reviewed on 2020/02/21

We can now see our customers responses instantly and this help the business to identify trends quickly.
Dependent on what package you have the option to change/add to your surveys without having to go via the support team is very beneficial.

The sales team did not try and over sell and didn't put any pressure on us to make a decision if we wanted to buy.

Pros

The system is easy to use and we could quickly navigate around it to create and update our surveys.
The staff are always polite and helpful and the response to queries raised are answered very quickly.

Cons

The help guides are good but a few questions we have had are not covered which means a call or ticket being raised.

Not easy to add more than one logo onto the survey (co-branding) and instruction from help line was just trial and error.

Robin R.

Satisfactory surveys with verified information

Reviewed on 2018/04/04
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

This is the only survey which verifies the demographic information of the attendee of a survey that is created thus making it more legitimate.

Cons

Because it is free it is also used by fraudsters creating scams, we advise them to make it more secured.

Suzanne M.
Industry: Real Estate
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Easy to use product, with great customer service

Reviewed on 2017/11/14

High quality surveys are straightforward to put together and send to a large number of people.

Pros

We are using SmartSurvey to gather views from both our employees and our customers. We have set up a few surveys now, collecting responses in the form of free text boxes, radio buttons and drop downs.

The dashboard is easy to navigate. It is helpful to have the option to use pre-programmed questions and our own corporate template. The response formats are professional and the skip logic is easy to implement.

There are comprehensive online guides for each stage of creating and using the survey. Where we needed additional help, the customer service was prompt.

Cons

It doesn't seem possible to customise the formatting of text within a question (italic, bold, paragraphs etc.); this would be a useful tool.

Response from SmartSurvey

Hi Suzanne, thanks for your feedback. Re your query about customising the formatting of text within a question - when you go into edit a question, there is an 'enable editor' button in the bottom right hand corner that turns on all the standard formatting features, such as bolding and italicising etc. Hope that helps.

Sara E.
Industry: Education Management

SmartSurvey is very easy to use and we use it regularly

Reviewed on 2019/02/05

I write lots of stories for our Alumni Community. I use SmartSurvey to set up typical Q&A for people to fill out so rather than emailing people the questions every time I simply direct them to the Smart Survey URL (which you can customise).

Pros

Ease of use - you can set up surveys quickly and easily and also view results in anyway you prefer.

Cons

I have yet to find anything I don't like.

Amy B.
Industry: Education Management

Have filled out survey's using this app/software. Easy to navigate and fill out.

Reviewed on 2018/07/19

Giving information I thought was important to the organization asking for the input.

Pros

It was easy to navigate as a user. I don't have any experience at the other end of those seeking information.

Cons

I did not have any cons as a user. Screen was a good size, easy to read and easy to flip through pages. Length was determined by those seeking information and sometimes this was long.

Yvonne R.

Straightforward online survey system with great customer support

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2017/08/23

Ease of use, competitive price, helpful customer support, ease of reporting and ability to develop surveys that are unique and tailored to our requirements.

Pros

When initially looking at options for an online survey tool, SmartSurvey offered by far the best service for a competitive price. When enquiring about the service the customer service answered all of our questions and we signed up with multiple accounts. Many people have accessed SmartSurvey and no one has had any difficulties in creating surveys or analyising them. The ease of use and expert customer support is great service.

Cons

Having used SmartSurvey for a number of years now we have not had any issue or found anything we 'least' like.

Sarah T.
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Excellent customer service, brilliant survey tool and great value

Reviewed on 2017/08/27

Huge increased ability to canvass our existing client base, plus the potential to canvass a wider group. We can use this software for course/service/event feedback, to assess the demand for future courses/services, to understand how schools manage certain functions with a view to best-practice sharing opportunities. Surveys are far quicker for school personnel to complete than lengthy responses to emails or opening and completing email attachments. As such response rates have been vastly improved.

Pros

Customer service - quicker, more cohesive and proactive than other survey vendors we approached.
The system is extremely easy to navigate and the option to use/view pre-populated questions was very useful.
Data Output - the responses are very easy to read and quantify, meaning both at a glance and indepth analysis can be performed very quickly.

Cons

I'd perhaps like there to be more options for the background choices on the Pro version - as its designed for professional users I felt it would benefit from a greater range of choices. This was a minor complaint though !

Shant K.
Industry: Public Policy
Company size: Self Employed

Used it for research project

Reviewed on 2020/08/06

I credit smart survey with the success of my data collection. Would have been very difficult without it.

Pros

The ease with which one can create a questionnaire and disseminate it was a huge load off my shoulders. I have no experience in building website and not very savvy when it comes to formatting and the ease with which you can navigate through the templates was great!

Cons

Honestly, for my purposes it was perfect. nothing was difficult to understand or deploy.

Response from SmartSurvey

Hi Shant,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Its very pleasing to hear you enjoyed using SmartSurvey and you found the platform easy to use.

Carlos O.

Excellent for student research

Reviewed on 2020/03/28

Very positive

Pros

It has all the features necessary for academic research and it is flexible with its plans. This is especially important for students and individual academic researchers. Ans it's very easy to use and it gives a professional appearance to the survey.

Cons

I had no issues, except for not knowing how the program classified complete and incomplete surveys, so I had to write and the following morning I had the answer to my question.

Ashwyn S.
Industry: Music

SmartSurvey, smart choice

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2020/06/30

It did exactly what we wanted it to do at a reasonable price. We even got a discount as a not-for-profit.

Pros

Easy to use, versatile, flexible and provision of useful and easily worked with statistics/data

Cons

Sometimes it was a little difficult to find some settings.

Response from SmartSurvey

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review Ashwyn, your feedback is much appreciated :)