Lexicata Reviews

Lexicata

CRM & client intake solution for law firms

4.7/5 (66 reviews)
Philip W.

Essential tool for solo practitioners with a growing practice.

Reviewed on 2018/06/20

Helps me manage my client intake process, evaluate my marketing and my referral sources. Offers online form completion, e-signing, simple document assembly, "to do" function in one package. Outstanding value for the money.

Pros

I started my solo practice 5 years ago after being an in-house counsel for large corporations for many years. I needed a tool to manage my intake process and to differentiate my firm. I discovered Lexicata when it was still in the beta stage and have been a user ever since. Overall very happy.
*Client Intake: Once I got used to the discipline of using Lexicata for all client intake purposes, it became my hub for all my work.
*Form Creation: not only for intake but to collect all kinds of information. I use it to collect detailed personal information from my divorce mediation clients.
*E-Signing: Built in integration with HelloSign allows me to create singable documents from my own .pdf templates.
*To Do: I use the "Agenda" feature as my "to do" system. It has built in reminder email tools which I found to be much more effective than the myriad of online "to do" programs. You can sent emails to contacts associated with your matters from within the program.
*Referral Management: Built in tools help me keep track of who is referring matters to me.
*Online Training: I took their "drip email" marketing webinar which was very well produced and very useful.
*Integrations: I have not yet taken full advantage, but they have integrations with mailchimp, Clio, virtual receptionist, and others.
*Good Interface - Thoughtfully designed. New features are introduced through the program (not just email), with instant training.

Cons

*No mobile app.
*I would like to see better integration with my gmail contacts. Right now, I do some double entry which is not as convenient as I would like.
*I would like to see integration with a time/billing system (which I am told may be in the works) and ultimately an interface with Quickbooks.
*No autosave feature in Notes. I've lost notes after forgetting to click save.

Dennis K.

A CRM program is so good I wish I would have written it myself!

Reviewed on 2018/10/09

I made a conversion from referrals out of my enormous existing client base, the majority of whom are older and now gone, unfortunately. This means I had to create new business and so I have signed up for various referral programs. Referrals do not know me so I have had to arrive at a systematic approach to making contacts by calls and emails which is the online version of competency. I have to manually enter new prospects which is easy as I said above and the program allows me to use a form and have the client that himself enter their personal data which goes directly into my computer. This company is keeping me in business!

Pros

Data entry is intuitive, for example on the opening page I can both search for an existing prospect or client at the same time or I can click a different button and enter new data. is best if I have the complete name and email for the prospect because they have a fantastic built-in follow-up that I use frequently to drip male prospects reminding them that I have not heard from them yet. Eventually it works and I get clients that I never expected! Then, it is easy to build an online fee agreement that I can tailor individually in seconds. it makes me look incredibly professional and the speed is unbelievable. I love it.

Cons

one thing I hope every program will do is to set up a list of tasks in order for me to follow. When I start my day, I have many important clients and I am not sure where to begin until I look over everyone. The pipeline feature reports status of various prospects and clients but there is still some thinking required to make sure beginning on the most important task for the day. From reading one good financial book, I concluded that I should begin with a question "what is closest to the money (getting paid)" which is a great strategy.

Chelsea G.

My experience with Lexicata as our new client intake CRM has been great from the beginning.

Reviewed on 2018/01/20

Lexicata makes our client intake process 100% easier than it was before. It is simple to enter information and it can be easily exported to Clio or a spreadsheet, depending on your preferences. As a law firm using Clio, this integration has saved me tons of time. It is also formatted in a way that helps you see the progression of leads through all stages.

Pros

Lexicata is awesome! The law firm I work for uses it as our CRM for all clients; new and old. It is intuitive and user-friendly, especially in comparison to similar programs I have tried. It's great because you can keep all of the information in one place from the beginning. It is also completely customizable so it can be suited to just about anyone's needs. We use it in conjunction with Clio, so it's very helpful that they integrate with each other. Lexicata has such a broad spectrum of uses as well; from new client intake, to scheduling appointments, to sending drip campaigns, Lexicata can just about do it all! Thir staff is great at solving issues quickly as well whenever they arise.

Cons

Certain things in Lexicata are not customizable and that can be annoying. However, they recently put through a lot of updates and changes so it is getting better. Additionally, we have always used DocuSign for electronic signatures and I find Lexicata's integration with HelloSign both mediocre and not at all user-friendly or intuitive.

Alicia D.

Easiest Software for Standardizing Intake

Reviewed on 2019/09/13

I was with them from the beginning after bouncing from CRM to CRM and hobbling together my own system of software, which frequently broke and was expensive. So I’m a big fan. They’ve grown and got better, solving a major problem for me, and I’ll be a customer for as long as I run my small firm on Clio, which is probably forever.

Pros

I can do intake from first call to signing engagement. I was able to design a system for a call script, document gathering, intake forms, consultation, and fee agreements in one space that my employees would follow with good (but not perfect) compliance. The best was that fee agreements are always signed timely without me nagging everyone.

Cons

It’s reports and analytics could use some refinement. It was just bought by Clio and isn’t integrated yet. The push is fine but fuller integration will be way better. You can’t really use it as a full CRM yet.

Todd W.

Thank you for your incredible service!

Reviewed on 2017/06/29

Pros

It's unfortunate this day and age that it is often accepted for customer service to be lacking. However there is still hope, and I found this hope with Lexicata and the co-founder, he took time out of his day on several occasions to assist me with a problem that I was having when trying to sync with his network. Even though the connection issues was from my side and not Lexicata our rep went above and beyond by taking his time and methodically going through my own computer settings one step at a time with me. our reps approach and genuine level of service is not typically common with today's front line customer service agents let along a co-founder of a company. Our rep has renewed my hope that there are still individuals and companies that truly care about their customers. Thank you for your incredible service!

Scott M.

Good features, lots of room for improvement

Reviewed on 2017/10/05

Pros

I appreciate the quick intake feature, the automated (yet customizable) emails for appointments, forms that import data directly to the contact's file, and HelloSign for documents. The price is reasonable too.

Cons

The task management features are really clunky. First, you have to dig into sub-menus to find what tasks are due or overdue. Even when you do find the task list, you have to click on each task individually to figure out what matter it relates to and who it is assigned to. As you can imagine, a law firm may have several attorneys with "write brief" as a task. The task feed just says "write brief" without saying what case it relates to or who needs to do it. Worse, unless the task is due today, the task feed doesn't say when the task is due. Again, you have to click on each item individually. It seems that each user's tasks (and only that user's tasks) should appear prominently on the dashboard and the tasks should include matter and due date.

Regarding other issues, I would prefer more robust security on the forms. As attorneys we collect confidential information. Information collected on a Lexicata form is available to ANYONE who has the secret link, and it stays available in perpetuity after the form is submitted (unless you manually delete the form after downloading it). Apparently it is not stored encrypted at rest on the Lexicata server. Formstack is much safer. Once a form is submitted, only an authorized Formstack user can access the data. Formstack also lets you set an option to keep the data encrypted at rest on the server so that an encryption key is required to unlock it.

Response from Lexicata

Thank you for the feedback, we appreciate it. A few points to consider: 1) we agree, the agenda and task management could be better which is why we made it better :) we are actually releasing a new version of Lexicata (Lexicata 3.0) very shortly on Jan 1, 2018 that will solve those shortcomings in that area, hope you like them, definitely send your feedback to [email protected] and we will take them into consideration as we are constantly improving the system).

2) We are also releasing an upgrade on security to give encryption at rest in the next few weeks. 3) Additionally, with the new version of Lexicata we are removing the download link for the clients to greater enhance security protocol. Thanks for the feedback and we hope you enjoy the new updates!

Cj R.

Fantastic platform, great customer support.

Reviewed on 2017/11/02

Intakes and sign ups and payments. When it takes numerous calls with potential clients and numerous people speak with the clients, the notes feature works very very well. I love that it is cloud based and no risk of lost data. Ease or use and reliability are key to me..

Pros

I love that Lexicata is easy to use and very reliable. The program is very intuitive and there no significant learning curve. The software is also great because it has the ability to track data, advertising, referral sources....but you do not have to use the features. Major plus - Anna at tech support is here in the US, in California. Having a US based tech is invaluable.

Odunoluwa L.

It's made life easier

Reviewed on 2017/05/16

Pros

When we started using Lexicata, it was built for the US market. However, the team took our feedback and went out of their way to make Lexicata work for our jurisdiction - Nigeria. This is customer service at its best.

The user interface is great which makes the whole experience easy and enjoyable. Lexicata is currently a can't-do-without.

Cons

Hmmmmn, maybe having to create a matter for everything. Wish this was an optional feature. Other than that, Lexicata works great

Mike V.

Incredible CRM built specifically for Lawyers

Reviewed on 2018/06/27

I am a business advisor and help attorneys build and scale their business. The Lexicata software really brings clarity and organization to the sales process and pipeline of opportunities. This makes analyzing sales much easier and allows us to determine where to focus our efforts. The end result is increased speed through the sales process and dramatically higher revenue.

Pros

Intuitive, clean, easy to setup and easy to use. The best CRM on the market for attorneys looking to gain complete control of their sales process and gain visibility + insights to their sales pipeline.

The support team is very responsive, and thorough in assisting during the setup process. In terms of reporting, the new UI and functionality is one of the easiest to read and visualize that I've seen in any CRM.

The Lexicata team really understands the business of attorneys and excels at helping them manage their pipeline of opportunities. Highly recommend this software to all of my attorney clients, from solo operators to mid-size firms, to organize and scale their sales.

Cons

Would love to see a gmail plug-in to add contacts and manage the pipeline without leaving the inbox.

Great intake software

Reviewed on 2018/12/17

My intake management has been much improved so that two people can manage the intake people without lots of sticky notes, spreadsheets, and emails.

Pros

I like that there are great new reporting functionailities as well as task work flows, fee agreeemente-signing, and database management.

Cons

Some of the functionalities took a while to be added. And some of my staff have had a little hard time learing the software.

Cece L.

Easy to Use Overall

Reviewed on 2019/08/02

So apparantly this is Clio Grow now and i love the way it looks and works. Still works the same as Lexicata so it wasnt a culture shock or anything. I am still having some trouble understanding creating a new document or form from a pdf template but as i play around with it it works for me. Love it and i would recommend.

Pros

Literally plug the information in and youre all set

Cons

Having some hiccups with making documents from a pdf template

Aaron C.

Great and Growing Potential

Reviewed on 2017/04/21

Lexicata has great features for lead nurturing, client intake, e-signing and document automation. The product is still maturing, which is why I could only post 4 stars instead of 5. But any small firm looking to automate many intake hassles (response emails, retainer letters) will be happy with this product. The fact that Lexicata pairs with Clio is another huge benefit. Sign up and use test it in the trial period. It is well worth the effort.

Pros

Automation of emails, document signing, retainer letters, contracts. Pairing with Clio.

Cons

The product is clearly young which is great for new features but also has some bugs. I understand a new UI is rolling out soon. As a tech lover who enjoys learning software this is fun for me. I expect other attorneys may not be as accommodating.

Dawn H.

We are grateful we found the perfect solution for our client intake and organization needs.

Reviewed on 2017/03/13

Lexicata has been great! Our firm needed a system to organize and track potential new clients as they contacted us through the process of retaining. Creating spread sheets and lists in an effort to keep anyone from "slipping through the cracks" were tedious and overall ineffective. Lexicata filled the need perfectly! We are so grateful we found this software. I must also note that I have had 2 occasions to contact customer support and both times, their response was immediate, thorough and conclusive. What a time saver overall! I would highly recommend this program to any Law Firm.

Pros

User friendly. Smooth integration with CLIO. Tracking

Cons

Nothing, as we came across a glitch, Lexicata adjusted whatever was necessary to make sure the program worked seamlessly with our needs.

Lissette M.

Intake Organization

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2018/12/04

We had a positive experience with lexicata. We wish it would have grown more to encompass a fuller management software after the intake. It helped us realize that we were missing out on prospective clients due to our team structure.

Pros

Lexicata helped us keep in mind which cases needed attention. It made sure we tracked our Return of Investment and also provided spreadsheet reporting to keep data. The document signature was helpful for clients that were far away.

Cons

Lexicata was only good for intake. Once you finished intake, if you were not paperless, it was another issue having to print everything. Their website was not printer friendly and caused a lot of issues.

Response from Lexicata

Thanks so much for your review Lissette! We are glad you have seen value from our intake side of thing. We are not sure if you misinterpreted our goal when you first signed up for Lexicata but we never purported to be a full case management software, just for intake and CRM. There are some ways a firm can utilize us for after intake but that is not what we are designed for. Please feel free to contact our support team so we can help you find more ways to maximize Lexicata to fit your needs :)

5.0/10
Carter N.

Lexicata - First Class Service & Excellent Evolving Software

Reviewed on 2017/04/20

Lexicata is an evolving law specific CRM software that is worth every penny. Ss with most current software being offered it is adapting to our needs yet is not compromised in delivering value for investment and excellent support services. As with the integration of any system into your business, its up to you as the consumer/user to capitalize on its intuitive features and not take a garbage-in/garbage-out approach to your launch of Lexicata into your law practise. We are very pleased to have found Lexicata and look forward to our long term investment and increasing use in managing our CRM activity. We are even more excited of many pending future iterations that are coming as the Lexicata Team works hard at responding to best practices approach ideas and upgrades.

Pros

It's trello like workflow and ease of data view

Cons

Although fairly new to using it, so far Tags need to be easier to apply quickly without so many steps.

Lexicata is an Attorney's Dream for CRM

Reviewed on 2018/03/19

Pros

Lexicata is easy to use and fills that niche in the legal market for a good CRM solution. It allows for pipeline management of deals, collects just the right amount of information, and allows for customization.

Cons

Lexicata keeps getting better and better. But it is far from what I would call a "robust" solution. For example, it needs call tracking. More focus needs to be on the revenue generated by various marketing mediums and lead acquisition.

Jeremy W.

Love Lexicata!

Reviewed on 2018/08/21

We have had outstanding customer service. Thad has been responsive, helpful, and the ideal representative. We look forward to partnering with Lexicata for a long time.

Pros

Ease of use and functionality. This allows us to capture, track, and follow up on lead source. We work hard to market so prospective clients will contact us. This allows us to easily track leads, stay organized, and ultimately convert clients.

Cons

Initially, some of the fields in the quick intake were missing that were logical additions. That has since been fixed. There are some limitations to the document generation aspect, but that is minimal.

Brad W.

If you have Clio, then great!

Reviewed on 2019/06/23

Some promises had been made and not kept after their acquisition by Clio, but overall good quality product and has helped.

Pros

I liked Lexicata's ease of use. The software is intuitive, easy to set-up, easy to train and crafted specifically for law firms.

Cons

It doesn't offer an open API, so unless you use Clio as you law firms practice management solution, it won't integrate.

5.0/10
Rick M.

Outstanding. Very simple, streamlined, and efficient.

Reviewed on 2017/05/25

Pros

Able to quickly capture a lead's data, provide the consult, and quickly electronically send a fee agreement.

Cons

Generating reports and printing them. Not as many functions as other CRM software, but as a solo attorney I need speed and efficiency. This is perfect for that.

Jeff L.

This software automates the client intake process, appointments and fee agreements.

Reviewed on 2018/07/10

Saves me time. The time between first client contact and signed fee agreement is dramatically reduced. Clients love having the electronic signing option.

Pros

Once it is up and running, this software automates client intake for attorneys. From initial phone call, setting up initial consultation to signed fee agreement, this software shaves a lot of time off of repeated tasks. The client can review, sign and return a fee agreement via phone, table or computer. Very intuitive and easy. No more printing, signing and faxing or scanning. Once a fee agreement is signed, staff can be given a list of tasks to open the file and get a case rolling. The reports are very handy. You can track where your new clients are coming from, how many leads are converted to clients and the reasons for lack of conversion.

Cons

It was a bit of a steep learning curve. I first attempted to cut and paste my law firm's forms from Microsoft Word into Lexicata and Lexicata did not format them well. I had to learn to use plain text rather than formatted text from word. I am still getting the hang of having multiple clients sign agreements. BUT for a single client, this software works flawlessly after it is set up. The only missing feature is integration with RocketMatter.

Jason B.

Wonderfully Functional Lead Intake and Management Software

Reviewed on 2017/11/08

Pros

Just like anything else good in life, if you spend time with it it gets better. The software platform has endless functionality from sending out retainer agreements to keeping track of intakes, to creating routines for how staff should deal with a particular intake, and enabling scripts that are contoured to the particular intake

Cons

They are constantly improving the functionality and I know they have this on the list of things to implement, but looking forward to restricting access to certain users to lockdown certain intakes.

Lauren B.

Wonderful experience overall! Fantastic software and People!!

Reviewed on 2018/06/07

We needed help getting our contacts managed, follow ups and appointments completed and tracked, data captured for marketing purposes and getting campaigns started. This met all of our needs and more!

Pros

I love Lexicata's versatility. It meets all of our needs from contact management, marketing needs to providing excellent customer service! Highly recommend this software!

Cons

I haven't run into anything yet and it's been a year. I know they are working to make data compatible with other legal software platforms

Jason F.

Flexible, comprehensive, valuable in every sense of the word.

Reviewed on 2017/07/18

Efficiency and productivity increases. Clients have an improved experience.

Pros

The dexterity and ease of use for the client. Form building is easy. My clients can execute their documents electronically via smartphone or tablet. Executed documents port seamlessly to my client management software.

Brett G.

Lexicata allows efficient and automated client intake with great reporting features.

Reviewed on 2018/06/07

Pros

Automated Intake
Ease of use: set-up forms and automated drip e-mail campaigns in minutes with no IT help
New reports provide excellent business intelligence.
Customer service is fast and friendly. They helped me set-up Zapier integration to process email leads.

Cons

Does not integrate with our Case Management Software (ActionStep). Thus, we have to cut and paste information from Lexicata to ActionStep once hired.

Jiah K.

Lexicata is indispensable for running my lawfirm

Reviewed on 2018/01/22

Pros

Makes it super easy to manage and organize leads and clients.
I can get engagement agreements signed electronically.
Integration with Clio.

Cons

Editing and formatting documents on the platform can be tricky.