Wisepops

Intelligent popup & marketing automation platform

4,9
4,8
4,6
4,7
4,8
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Best Popup Tool So Far

Reviewed on 2019/04/09

Pros

Apart from really beautiful templates, this tool allows you to implement your own work with ease. It is obvious that the team behind the product is coming from the digital marketing field and they exactly know what you need as a marketer. The support team is excellent and they are "really" solution-oriented.

Cons

It is primarily designed for collecting emails, so you need to implement a workaround if you just want to run a survey.

Response from Wisepops

Thanks for your comment! You made our day!

Jack E.
Industry: Information Technology & Services
Company size: Self Employed

Longtime user wouldn't be without it

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2018/09/14

I handle webmaster duties for a number of very small mom & pop operations. Their sites may get a handful of hits a day - certainly fewer than 30 on average. Sometimes, these businesses need to close early or the owners want to go on vacation. I offer to place a popup on their site to inform visitors when the business is closed during regular business hours. For those businesses who have PHP/HTML sites and cannot use other types of popups (like the many offered through WordPress), I find that Wisepops is my go to solution. If I ever start managing sites for companies that can afford the monthly fee, I would switch to a paid plan.

Pros

Clear and easy to use interface
Works on any kind of website (HTML, PHP, WordPress, etc.)
Dashboard provides nice summary of activity

Cons

Frankly, there isn't anything I don't like, but that might be because I was one of the original users of the product - back in the day when they had a "free forever" model (not exactly forever, but free for a whole lot of impressions). If I was a new client, I might be a bit disappointed there aren't any lower cost options for very infrequent users.

OK, I just thought of one thing I don't like. My "free forever" account will only work on one domain, and in the past, I was simply able to reconfigure the software to change the domain name as needed. This preserved my list of popups while still allowing me to service one domain at any given time. A recent update to the software now forces the current domain to be disabled before creating a new domain. This removes my history of popups.

Amy R.

Great for recruitment

Reviewed on 2017/05/30

Pros

It's helped me build my email list. I like that it is designed for mobile use since that is where the most of site vistors come from.

Cons

It's expensive and I am always looking for an alternative. The per sign up cost is very high. Would like option to have reports emailed to me either weekly or monthly

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Joel H.
Industry: Online Media

Best Exit Intent Software We Have Seen

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2020/06/23

From demo to the sales experience Wisepops has been amazing to work with, we are really looking forward to fully integrating their system and using it to increase our user's activity.

Pros

So the interface is super simple to use and the control they give you over where and how your pop-up displays are second to none. Honestly, this is the best software we have tested and looked at. Our primary user is on mobile devices and Wise Pops was the winner by a long mile when it came to performance on mobile. Their desktop performance is solid as well, but no other company even came close to the performance on mobile.

Cons

There really is nothing I don't like. That may sound coy, but after playing around with several other packages I can say there isn't anything that feels like it is missing or not working right here.

Response from Wisepops

Wow! You defintely made our day Joel. Thanks for your nice words! (It was a real pleasure discussing with you the other day)

Industry: Internet

Pop-Up Builder App That Small and Large eCommerce Companies Should Consider

Reviewed on 2018/11/27

This is probably one of my favorite programs to use. It makes me feel like I have this cool web development background, even though I don't.

Pros

I have two small businesses that I'm affiliated with: My regular 9-to-5 job, and then my side home-based business. At my regular job, our development and SEO teams has used Wisepops on the sites that they build for our clients. At home, it's simple enough that someone like me, who doesn't have a super techy background can create engaging popups on my website in minutes. The 60 or so ready-to-use templates are all great, and they're totally customizable so everyone gets what they want. You can control the size, the theme, the colors, fonts, timing, and even which customers see which popups, and when. You can track and analyze each popup's performance, generate leads, plan and manage promotions and campaigns, track site visitor location, and even create popups with video, as well as HTML, images, etc. You wouldn't think that pre-exisiting popup templates would have so many features and customizations available, but Wisepops makes it possible and worth it.

Cons

Even though there are so many ways to customize the existing popups that Wisepops offers, I'd like to see more in the future. This isn't necessarily a negative, though, just a suggestion, if you will.

David N.
Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Amazing, well engineered software!

Reviewed on 2020/04/24

Pros

The functionality and quality that we get for the price is exceptional.

It is a really well built and well thought out piece of software. All of the components that it creates look very clean and modern, are very user friendly, and run with minimal impact to our site load times. The admin backend strikes that very fine balance between giving us a lot of flexibility in terms of targeting and customizations but at the same time, avoids being too byzantine, and remains very intuitive and easy to use.

We have not had any technical issues with the software. But we did have some questions about implementation, and was able to get support incredibly quickly.

Cons

I have yet to find a modal tool that creates all of the components that we would like to use. Wisepops comes the closest. However, it lacks the ability to create a static, top of page bar.

Response from Wisepops

Thanks for your review David! Happy to have you as a client!
Top bars should be available later this year :)

Mathieu G.
Industry: Retail

Easy to use and great customer support

Reviewed on 2019/01/23

Pros

The system is really easy to use. The developers have also just launched new templates and a revamped and easy to use interface. Many templates to choose from, suited for a variety of business goals.
The support team is also top notch and is very reactive when you're reaching out to them for some help.

Cons

Pricing structure - charged by page view and not by pop-up display, meaning even if a pop-up is not triggered, you will get charged.

Response from Wisepops

Thanks for your positive feedback Mathieu!

Shavonne D.

The service and product is very good.

Reviewed on 2018/04/08

Pros

My IT person recommened it due to the quality, service and fee. She likes the ease of the system. I definitely recommend the product.

Cons

I do not not have any complaints about the system. My IT person really recommened the product so we agreed to use it.

Response from Wisepops

Thanks for your review Shavonne! Happy to have you as a customer :)

Sara H.

I love WisePops. Of all the tech tools we use to manage our ecommerce store, it's the best.

Reviewed on 2017/08/30

Pros

It's simple to set up, runs on itself and never ever seems to have issues, is very cost effective. It does what it's supposed to do without fuss or fumble and since that's such a rarity with tech products I REALLY appreciate it!

Response from Wisepops

Thanks for your appreciation Sara. Happy to count you among our customers :)

Coralee D.
Industry: Design

Good option for founders and small businesses

Reviewed on 2017/03/13

I run a small business and have been using WisePops for a few months after trying several other options out there. WisePops gives me the best return for my money. I'm happy with the design and customization options. Customer service has been personal and quick. And I'm happy that I could easily set up integrations with my CRM to automatically add sign-ups to my lists and drip campaigns.

Pros

Cost, Integrations, Customer Service, Design Options

Cons

It's a bit tricky to edit the detailed formatting using the HTML source code for a non-programmer like me. But I figured it out eventually...

Response from Wisepops

Thanks for your business Coralee! We have a new simplified editor in the works and are always available to assist with anything you need.

Mark A.

Really easy to implement and update

Reviewed on 2017/07/24

Pros

Ease of change. Also had some queries in the past and always got a friendly helpful quick response from the guys.

Cons

Cost is a factor - but we are confident that it more than pays for itself through increased conversions!

Hui juan O.

Good Functions without the Technical Work

Reviewed on 2017/09/21

Pros

Easy to use and very flexible. No technical expertise involved and anyone can use. Running an ecommerce means that we need the updates on our website fast. Changes on Wisepops are instant and it is useful especially when passing information to our customers quickly and effectively.

Response from Wisepops

Thanks for your comment Hui Juan!

Sara H.
Company size: Self Employed

I wish all software was this good

Reviewed on 2019/09/11

Since I first began using them two companies ago, I’ve had nothing but stellar experiences with them. Can’t say enough good things.

Pros

It’s easy to use, with tons of options for design and functionality. Plus the customer service is above and beyond. Add on a great price and it’s the perfect product.

Cons

My only “complaint” is that they don’t offer other products so I can benefit from their customer-centric outlook in other ways.

Response from Wisepops

Thanks Sara, you made our day! Super happy to have you as a client :)

Jennifer W.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Nifty and easy-to-use pop up for not commonly used IM Creator website

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/12/26

Wisepops is so easy to use and the template options are plenty to get started. It's also easy to update.
Wisepops support is great so if you're stuck, they're willing to help (it may take more time if you're based in the Southern Hemisphere, like we are!).

Pros

This pop-up works on IM Creator website and is so easy to use the templates. The pop-up shows immediate results!

Cons

It can be tricky to work out the optimal displays or pop-ups you want.

Response from Wisepops

Thanks for your review Jennifer! Look forward to helping you engage even more visitors in 2020 :)

Heidi B.
Industry: Retail

Great tool to build your email list and increase web sales

Reviewed on 2017/03/10

Adding Wisepops to my Shopify site has greatly increased the number of email subscribers while also encouraging sales with a coupon code. Its great that you can customize how often you want it to show up to your web visitors and that there are so many templates and options to use.

Pros

ease of use, I set it up once and it just works

Response from Wisepops

Very happy to have your business Heidi! If you ever need anything do not hesitate to get in touch.

Daniel B.

Easy to use and effective.

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2017/05/25

Pros

The simplicity of creating and new campaign and pre-created template suggestions based on the particular activity you are using it for (eg., lead-gen, exit modals, email sign-up, simple messaging). All good.

Cons

The fact that I have four separate accounts in order to manage four separate brands. I should be able to have one master account for ease of use.

Response from Wisepops

Daniel, thank you for your business and kind words. Also we agree with you have multi-website management is important, and are currently developing that feature.

Frankie W.
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Amazing Team and Amazing product

Reviewed on 2019/02/26

we are using this to gain email subscribers and have doubled our monthly subscribers since using Wisepops. I must call out rep from the tech team who is AMAZING I honestly cannot fault his support.

Pros

I'm not a developer but even I can use the software. It is super easy to navigate the portal when you're creating your pop up and if there is something i don't understand then the online chat guys are super helpful and have documents that are really easy to read through and understand.

Cons

To date, I have found anything that i have had trouble with.

Response from Wisepops

Thanks Frankie! Your comment means a lot to us. Happy to read that WisePops helped you double your monthly subscibers :)

Caitlin H.
Industry: Financial Services
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Great pop-up application, fantastic service

Reviewed on 2019/07/02

Our cost per lead has improved massively, helping maximise our marketing budget

Pros

What's not to love? It's easy to use and has advanced features like tabs and the ability to set up pop-ups based on your own custom events. The pre-made templates make set up a breeze.

It is excellent value for money, and the team are always responsive and extremely helpful.

Cons

Finicky stuff like not being able to duplicate an entire campaign with all the variations or archive campaigns - very, very minor things. I need to reiterate that I love the tool.

Response from Wisepops

Thanks Caitlin! You made our day!

Ben S.
Industry: Internet

My go to popup solution!

Reviewed on 2017/01/04

I signed up for WisePops a couple of years ago in product comparison with a few other tools. WisePops's advanced targeting features and awesome templates are what kept me around. They have been constantly improving the product and us super response and helpful on support. Highly recommend.

Pros

Ease of use, advanced targeting, super fast installation

Response from Wisepops

Thanks for being a loyal customer Ben!

Jason P.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Truly outstanding!

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2018/08/07

We're very pleased with WisePops.

Pros

Tremendous customer service!!! Fast responses, they go above and beyond.

Limitless features! Everything we needed.

Super user friendly interface. (Many other tools we use claim to be user friendly but require a full time education to work in their dashboard!)

Cons

Unfortunately we did not have enough use-cases for it. We have several various tools and some of them are extremely lightweight, but they get the job done. WisePops is a laser-hyper-cannon, perfect for massive agencies. Yet, despite that, these cons are balanced by its very reasonable pricing!

Response from Wisepops

Thanks for your feedback Jason! Glad to read you liked using WisePops.

Melanie M.
Industry: Graphic Design

Easy and Quick to Use Works Amazing

Reviewed on 2017/03/07

I've been using wise pops for a little under a year and I truly love their amazing pop up features. Easy to use no need to spend hours setting it up. I would say that I was up and running within minutes. You can customize the design and setup to meet your needs. It's really amazing and I have received so much more subscribers since I starting using wise pops. You need to have this running on your site, its amazing!!

Pros

Step is fast, and you can customize the design and look to match your brand and style

Cons

None

Response from Wisepops

Thanks for being a loyal customer Melanie. It's great you're having such success with the tool, as always, if you need anything don't hesitate to reach out.

Gwen H.
Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services
Company size: Self Employed

Helped boost sales of a "start of season" sale!

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2017/05/26

More customers - 31.7% click through rate is pretty successful

Pros

Very easy to use and very effective.
Can build your Pop Up ad with your own images/graphics and photos.
The Dashboard stats are great for a quick look to see how my ad was performing.
Being able to program how often your ad shows to the same end user looking at your website is a great feature.
Two more great features in the build section is choosing which page to show Ad on and who your Target Audience is.

Cons

No discount offered for payment for a full year at one time for any of the plans.

Ben T.

Good app and easy to use

Reviewed on 2017/05/26

Pros

I like the predefined templates and available options on for targeting your audience. one of the best parts of targeting and settings is the ability to prevent the pop-up showing within a set period if the user has already actioned or seen it.

Cons

Data collection / emails. currently, you have to download CSV / excel sheets. which is great for creating automated workflows. ideally i'd like an api that i could use to pass information into our CRM / erp system and then generate a workflow to run auto responses.

Spencer B.
Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Positive, beneficial.

Reviewed on 2017/05/25

We've gained quite a bit of emails for our newsletter using this software.

Pros

I like the analytics and how easy it was to sync with our Klaviyo system. I also like that you can A/B test.

Cons

With rapidly growing mobile traffic, I wish there were mobile templates available so I didn't have to test various formatting.

Response from Wisepops

Thank you for your business and kinda words Spencer. We are currently in the process of adding more mobile templates - we agree this is a priority!

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Tanya N.

Wisepops are great - we are able to get a lot more leads this way with minimal work for our dev team

Reviewed on 2017/06/05

Pros

Flexibility, easy to use, limited work to install, many templates are available for you to customize to perfect your popups. Targeting is pretty precise.

Cons

Have had trouble getting the popups to fire on specific pages, but have no problem when I entitle the popup to run on the whole site and exclude pages. So far, I haven't been able to get the popups to work on page subsets.