CourseStorm Reviews

4.7/5 (16 reviews)
Morgan D.

We love CourseStorm!

Reviewed on 2017/02/24

I chose CourseStorm for our lifelong learning program because it has all the features I want and is very affordable. We take credit/debit card payments, both in-house and online, as well as cash and check payments for class enrollment. We can easily process all types of payment in one place and we only pay a percentage of the card payments. This makes the software very affordable. Because the online enrollment process is so much easier and user-friendly for our students, we have seen a drastic increase not only in total enrollments, but in online enrollments, which makes tracking rosters much easier for our staff. Students can also add themselves to waiting lists of full courses easily, so we have a very intuitive process for handling cancellations and enrolling new students. Refunds are very simple, too.

Overall, we find the software to be very simple to use, both on the staff side and the public side. The ease of the enrollment process gives our students a positive experience and encourages them to sign themselves and their friends up for multiple classes. If we've ever had an issue or question, CourseStorm staff has been absolutely wonderful in assisting us quickly. We could not be happier with our enrollment software!

Pros

We love the CourseStorm staff. They are not only helpful, but friendly and always get back to us so quickly! Even when we have suggestions for features or software updates, they take them seriously and let us know when they have been implemented!

Cons

There are some features we would still love to have, like a shopping cart, but it just doesn't stack up against the wonderful things we love about it!

Response from CourseStorm

Thank you, Morgan! We've been so happy working with Salina Public Library. Thank you for all you've done to help us make CourseStorm so useful for programs like yours.

Glory B.

Courestorm is the Fisher Price of Student Enrollment

Reviewed on 2019/05/31

Pros

I have trained several coworkers on using Courestorm and always emphasize that as long as you follow the prompts you will get where you need to go in this program. It's incredibly user-friendly and logically designed. We've also appreciated the consistent, high quality and speedy response from Courestorm when troubleshooting any issues we've had, which are few and far between. Ease of use, friendly customer support and lack of design clutter are my three favorite things about using this program.

Cons

When Courestorm transitioned away from email logins as the way to verify a student/their account, I have been running into more duplicate student accounts. I am grateful for how easy it is to merge accounts, but considering the breadth of duplicates am a little worried about these growing tumbleweeds in our student database. I am advocating for this software to be used in the larger library, which currently uses the Evanced program for library class registrations (Demco software). I wish Courestorm also had room/location reservation options so we could switch everybody over to this program. I also wish you could slide around uploaded images inside of the program so they didn't get cropped weirdly sometimes. I currently use an Indesign template to make sure all of the image crops are appropriate, which adds an extra step to my workflow.

Petra P.

CourseStorm software is good -- The CourseStorm team makes it great

Reviewed on 2019/02/05

The software may not work for everyone, but it meets the needs of my program. I have had nothing positive experiences with this company.

Pros

The software is great, but it's the top-notch, can-do attitude of the staff that makes the software great. When I need to solve a registration problem that I can't figure out, I email or call CourseStorm with the problem. CourseStorm does one of four things: 1) walk me through how to do it; or 2) they can quickly do on the back end what I do not have access to do as an end-user 3) tell me it can't be done, but then they problem solve with me to try to get me closer to a solution; or 4) they just go build a new feature. They are prompt in responding and they are just nice people to deal with.

Cons

There are some limitations to the software, but all software has limitations. I haven't found any cons about this software that I think are worth complaining about. Part of this is also due to the fact that the CourseStorm team sets very clear expectations with their clients. What they deliver is great, and they don't promise what they can't deliver.

Response from CourseStorm

Thank you, Petra! We appreciate your kind words (and review!) It's definitely people like you who inspire us to keep making CourseStorm better and better! We feel fortunate to have been chosen by Clover Park Technical College!

Brenda E.

Review of Coursestorm Software

Reviewed on 2017/03/13

Overall, the software works well. The catalog upload is easy. Customers would like to be able to register for multiple classes at one time--not individually. We have had a couple of instances where there were "glitches" in the software that Coursestorm was working on that caused registrations to "fall through the crack". We would have appreciated Coursestorm informing its customers that they are working on a problem with the software. It was only because we were experiencing a problem that we called customer support to find out that they had known about it already and were working on it.

Pros

Easy to upload catalog and edit classes. Report feature works well.

Cons

Customers can't register for multiple classes.

Response from CourseStorm

Hi Brenda,

Thanks for the review! Since your review of CourseStorm, we've added a shopping cart so your students can register for multiple classes and check out all in one go! We've also added ways for your program to send automatic reminders to anyone who has forgotten to check out.

I'm sorry to hear that you ran into issues with missing notifications for registrations. Typically when we've seen this in the past it's been around those notifications appearing in spam folders. I'm not sure if that was the case here or not, but regardless, I'll make sure to share your feedback with the Support team -- we're always looking for ways to improve! :)

7.0/10
Devon O.

Great system: would love a few improvements :)

Reviewed on 2017/03/08

We recently switched over to course storm I think about 6 months ago. I love how easy/fast it is for parents to sign up their daughter for class. I also love how it saved their information making them save time for future class sign ups.

A few things I would love to see on course storm:
1. The ability to have a customer type in their email twice (this would avoid typos of the wrong email address which happens a lot!)
2. The ability to have plenty of customized registration forms and not have to use the initial form then add on. (Sometimes certain classes will require a completely different registration form but your system requires the basic form then having to add on. I would just like to make different registration forms and name them for classes). We do adult classes too and it's really hard to use that the way you guys have the forms set up.
3. Ability to receive the funds way before a week AFTER the class. For small businesses that require purchasing and prepping supplies way ahead of time this is hard to receive the money a week after the class.
4. For promo codes-can we please have the option to make a promo code for a certain class!?? Otherwise a customer could use the promo code for any (and as many as they desire!) as they like even though we may want a promo code only to be used for a certain class.
5. The ability to add sibling discount codes (separate from the promo codes). Maybe label it as sibling discount code?
6. Ability to close a class prior to the day of the class. Sometimes we need to close class way ahead of day to allow prepping etc. Would like to be able to set a closing date without having to go in and remember to do so manually for each class.

Pros

Ease of use for customer.

Cons

Items listed on my form in the first page of survey...

Response from CourseStorm

Hi Devon, since our customers are the most important thing to us, we are delighted to see your five stars in that area! We hope you're still feeling that even after a couple of years with us!

We're also happy that you and your customers have found CourseStorm so easy to use. You've provided a great list of possible features - we add every feature suggestion to our Ballot Box and will let you know when the development team gets to your requests.

As a side note, I'm pleased to say that since your review, we've features to offer more control over payouts, class specific promo codes, and automatic registration closing. I'll have the Support Team reach out to you soon with more details.

Whenever you have another suggestion, please let our support team know!

Virginia G.

Very happy with CourseStorm

Reviewed on 2018/10/17

Pros

CourseStorm is easy to use and provides a comprehensive registration program for our campers. Customer service is excellent and functionality has been improving. We will continue to use CourseStorm for our Summer Camp registrations!

Cons

There is some functionality that would be very nice to have. In discussions with their developers my concerns have been acknowledged and most of my concerns are being addressed.

Response from CourseStorm

Virginia-

Thanks for reviewing CourseStorm. We love the folks at Maine Robotics and we are glad the feeling is mutual!

Our product team is always working hard to enhance the product and add new features for our customers, so thanks for your feedback and support!

Anne P.

New Feature

Reviewed on 2019/02/04

The folks at Coursestorm are so helpful and responsive.

Pros

The privately listed class feature is a great asset to our arsenal of tools to keep our programs active and growing. I just listed my first private class. Now we'll see how the registrants feel about the process!

Cons

So far there is nothing to complain about!

Response from CourseStorm

Thank you, Anne! We've been proud to work with Adult Education programs like yours, and we're glad that you like the unlisted classes feature. (And please, let us know what your registrants think of it!)

Christine S.

WinGAP Conference 2018

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2018/11/06

Since were a non-profit organization we operate on a shoestring budget for this conference, but it definitely paid for itself. I hope we will be able to use it again for 2019. I can't say enough about the customer service. I could not work on this during normal business hours (M-F 8 to 5) because of my regular job, so late nights & early mornings were required and support team was there every step of the way.

Pros

The customer service was wonderful! The creation of the webpage was simple. I think we pushed it a little with its capability.

Cons

1. Students not being able to print receipts for registration & class schedule
2. Need more flexibility on the admin side for scheduling - limiting problems such as double booking, double registrations, and overall general confusion.

Response from CourseStorm

Hi Christine - we're delighted to hear that your customer service experience felt good to you! That's always our goal. I'm sorry to hear that you had some issues around scheduling on the admin side and I'd love to help you get it straightened out (especially if you had any issue with duplicate registrations -- that should definitely not happen!). Please shoot an email to [email protected] and our team will be happy to look into this.

Teresa M.

CourseStorm Works

Reviewed on 2018/11/19

Simple registration process and the ability to allow facilities to sign up multiple staff at once.

Pros

Ease of setting up multiple registrations and the inviting look of the software.

Cons

Not able to adjust payments when credit card is stopped

Response from CourseStorm

Thank you for the review, Teresa! I'm pleased to say that we do offer registrants the ability to update their card on a payment plan in the event there's any failure to charge. To learn more, I recommend this article from our Help site: http://help.coursestorm.com/customer/portal/articles/2523256.

Hopefully, that helps, but if not, feel free to contact us at [email protected], and we'll be happy to answer any questions you may have!

Chandrika F.

Very satisfied!

Reviewed on 2019/04/30

So happy to have found course storm, especially paying by percentage vs a monthly fee since my income varies greatly depending on the season.

Pros

Great options in terms of payment - sliding scale, payment plan, free classes, discounts, customized forms and student questionnaires super helpful. Fairly intuitive. Great customer service for the many questions that inevitably arise.

Cons

I would like more options in the font/organization/look and feel of the website so that I could better match it to my home website. I also would like the option of weekly payment for students, vs every two weeks or all at once (though this is in the works!).

Response from CourseStorm

Thank you for the review! We are so happy our solution works so well for your variable pricing.

We also appreciate your feedback on styling. We've added a request to our Ballot Box for additional styling options. We'll reach out directly to you and let you know if it moves from the Ballot Box to development.

Again, thank you for choosing CourseStorm!

Evan V.

CourseStorm is the way to go!

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/10/24

Very positive! The CourseStorm support team is very helpful and it's clear they are actively making improvements to make the system even stronger.

Pros

Super easy to use and build camps and classes in!

Cons

Selling a class or camp registration from the back end can be a little time consuming. I find it a slight pain to have to start with the parents email address to begin an order.

Response from CourseStorm

Thank you for such a great review, Evan! We hope that our updates will continue to give you and your registrants better, and better experiences.

Joanna W.

Just want we needed!

Reviewed on 2019/03/29

Pros

It was so easy to set up- love when things are intuitive. Required very little explanation and it offered us just the solution we needed.

Cons

So far, so good! Since our background is in design, we would have liked to customize the fonts more but that's a minor issue.

Response from CourseStorm

Thank you for the review! We're so glad that this has given you the class registration solution you needed.

Again, thank you for choosing CourseStorm!

Easy to pilot a project

Reviewed on 2019/03/18

The customer service is great, and I had a good experience overall.

Pros

CourseStorm allowed my to pilot test my courses without building an actual website. It provided an easy registration and payment site for the students. The services come at reasonable cost for a starting e-teacher like me, compared to Outschool and other online platforms.

Cons

It does not provide much freedom in page design, but is definitely valuable as a first step.

Response from CourseStorm

We are happy to hear that you've been having good experience with CourseStorm and our customer success team. Thank you for your review!

Dani R.

Easy for our customers

Reviewed on 2019/05/01

As we are just starting out with CourseStorm, time will tell when it comes to the overall benefit to our organization.

Pros

Course Storm gives us a simple way for our clients to register for classes, workshops, and trainings. Love that features are always being added to improve our impact.

Cons

The registration link is super long and does not fit well in advertisements, mostly bc of our name. Some features work less well for the type of work we do, but what we need is there.

Kate L.

Non-profit user

Reviewed on 2017/03/14

Software fit our needs, is easy for our non-profit administrators and our customers to use, and provides helpful and friendly customer support.

Response from CourseStorm

We couldn't ask for better words, Kate! Thank you. We love adding features to continually improve your experience with CourseStorm and hope that you'll let our support team ([email protected]) know the kinds of features that will help you most.

Debbie S.

Great Software

Reviewed on 2017/03/08

Course Storm has made registering for our Enrichment courses easy for both the office and our students. There are very little cash deposits to make, class lists are a breeze, and I love the 'send an email' feature.

Response from CourseStorm

We are so happy to hear that CourseStorm is working so well for you Debbie! Thank you for the great review!