Groundplan

Cloud-based construction takeoff software to estimate plans

5 /5 (16 reviews) Write a Review!
Richard B.

Rating only

Reviewed on 2018/10/04
Ashley C.
Industry: Executive Office
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Great cloud-based drawing software

Reviewed on 2016/09/27

We've been using Groundplan since not long after it was first released to the market. It's a great product and well priced for the functionality it provides. We get very good assistance from their support team as well and they have always been open to developing the product further based on user feedback. It's also easy to use, with our team picking up the software and running with it very quickly. It's been a welcome asset to our business, improving efficiencies and producing great quality, take-offs, plans, and drawings.

Pros

Ease of use. Flexible. Ability to integrate to our other business system. Well priced, with concurrent licencing model available.

Cons

Nothing, it's a great tool

Jesse B.
Industry: Construction

Groundplan is a must have...

Reviewed on 2020/08/26

Extremely happy I have tried other estimating software over the past 15 years and nothing has come close.

Pros

Groundplan saves me hours each and every day now that I have my template set up and understand how the program works it honestly saves me hours each and every plan I look at.

Cons

There are not too many features that don’t work beautifully and now that it is integrated with xero it is going to make my life even easier as it will spit out a quote once I have time to takeoff

Geoff H.

Reviewed on 2016/09/20

Being an electrical contracting company, counting symbols off a plan can be tiring on the eyes as well as problematic if you miss something you did not see.

Using Groundplan has saved me printing off paper plans and hoping I can see all the symbols. Being able to zoom right into the plan and see everything has been a blessing on my eyes. No more need for the magnifying glass!

If your a Simpro user, Groundplan is a must as all your pre-builds are synced with Groundplan, so no double entry.

Pros

Sync's directly with Simpro
Can zoom into drawings and see everything
Scale the drawings, and do take-offs for cable, tray and conduits
Easily outsource the take-off and see what has been allowed for and if anything is missing

Jeremy B.
Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Picking up the dollars and cents

Reviewed on 2020/08/26

Love the system. For me it’s saved a lot of phone calls and time on the project management side of the business.

Pros

This product, I think is essential for the quoting and documentation side of our business. It has shown us how much we were actually missing when we were previously quoting jobs. It also allows us to document on the go for the project managers, and helps them to accurately run the jobs.

Cons

I would like to be able to customise the symbols but being there is so many to choose from, it’s not a big deal.

Glenn W.

Excellent Product

Reviewed on 2016/09/02

I have used Groundplan for three years and absolutely love using it. The team at 3stack are constantly adding new features and are always available when I have any questions.

Pros

Its super easy to use and was easy to move off my old ways of estimating using excel and highlighters.

Lynton M.

Speed of Measuring
Integration with other platforms

Pros

Speed on the web platform
Web Based
Integration with simPRO

Cons

Notations on drawings. Should integrate arrows

Darren C.
Industry: Construction

Excellent service, terrific software!

Reviewed on 2017/05/18

Pros

Ease of use. Integration with SIMPRO is fantastic. Being able to do take offs and not miss anything is worth the money alone.

Cons

There are minimal cons with this software. There are small flaws throughout but nothing to sour the experience.

Response from 3 Stack

Thanks for the review Darren. Great having you onboard!

Bj B.

Changed our business

Reviewed on 2020/08/26

This has changed our business from the quoting stage right to the end of the oroject

Pros

Ease of use and job management , stores all of our plans

Cons

Other people have it, I want it all to myself!!

Maxwell S.
Industry: Construction

Max from kpa plumbing ltd

Reviewed on 2020/08/25

I was guessing lengths of pipe runs and using a scale ruler what used to take hours takes minutes now

Pros

Ease of use and I like how once plans are uploaded its so to zoom in and out of plans to read fine print. It also has cleared up the mess on my desktop making plans easy to find on the go

Cons

Theres nothing that I liked less about ground plan

Con C.
Industry: Security & Investigations

Groundplan is the best from solution to customer service.....

Reviewed on 2017/04/24

From day one the team has been an awesome help with an awesome solution that works out with great customer feedback.

Pros

Cons

Zero issues

Industry: Computer Software

Easy to use, fully featured and great value

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/04/27

Pros

Our customers love this product, it has been a real game changer. It's got the balance right between being easy to use but having the features needed. Supports multiple file formats and integrates with simPRO AND it's cloud-based.. can't go wrong for the price.

Cons

There isn't a mobile app, not that it would really be practical to look at plans on a small screen, so you really need to be using an iPad or a Surface Pro or something if you're away from you PC.

Trent D.
Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Refreshing, rewarding & easy for anyone (even with little experience) to get their head around.

Reviewed on 2017/05/11

Pros

This software has transformed our painful, time consuming and average presentation of plans and quoting into an easy, streamlined and completely professional package.
Groundplan has put our business a massive step ahead of our competitors!
The way Groundplan synchronizes with Simpro is outstanding.

Cons

If I had to put something down.... it could only be the cost. But, at the end of the day - good products, software and services cost money. We all know, you get nothing worthwhile for free.

Response from 3 Stack

Thanks for the review Trent, Great working with you.

Anton O.

Reviewed on 2017/05/25

Ground Plan is the savior of our quoting system and is by far the easiest PDF take tool to learn

Just works with our PM software and highly recommend it

Pros

simple
intuitive
seamless

Response from 3 Stack

Thanks for the great review Anton. Its been awesome dealing with your team of estimators!

Mark L.

Plumbing

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2020/09/01

Helping save time with quotes

Pros

It is very easy to use and the support is fast and efficient.

Cons

Non really.

Mike W.
Industry: Construction

Great Product and Support!

Reviewed on 2016/09/15

After a short trial we knew that Groundplan would greatly assist our Electrical Contracting business. The software is great and team behind it are extremely helpful.

Pros

Simple, easy to use and helps us structure our estimating procedure so that all of our estimators are working from the same platform