Robly

Mobile-ready email marketing automation with smart features

4,6
Larry H.
Industry: Computer Software

Robly - Best Choice for Small Business

Reviewed on 2020/11/05

I'm a career salesperson with a startup in the Salesforce market, and Robly has been invaluable in enabling me to prospect a new product. Their chat-based support is pretty responsive, and generally is able to address issues and concerns.

Pros

I originally chose Robly in 2016 because its campaign editor was more WYSIWYG than MailChimp or ConstantContact, both of which had anomalies show up after you had created a piece that were difficult to resolve.

They have recently redesigned their UI, which took some getting used to, but the service still has excellent HTML fidelity and usability.

The "OpenGen" function was the first I saw on the market. It allows you to automatically resend a piece to just the contacts who did not open the original. I enable OpenGen for every campaign, and always pick up a couple new leads.

Cons

Setting up Branding with Robly was a little challenging with two different vendors for email and website.

They have also recently become MUCH more stringent in email addresses that they will accept. They pretty much require you to run addresses through a verification service like NeverBounce, and will disqualify addresses that the service marks as "accept all" (vs Valid) EVEN if you know from correspondence that it is a valid email address.

Sending Newsletters

Reviewed on 2020/02/07

Overall it's been great. I use their customer support chat fairly often. I have a forms across facebook and web that have captured emails to our list very nicely.

Pros

It seemed to be the best price for our list size and needs. Like the ability to send to a list at scheduled time but it learns the behavior of the receipts and drops it in their inbox at the right time (within window of time we give it).

Cons

May not be on list of integrations from other web programs, CRMs, etc.

Barbara S.
Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Cost Effective Email Marketing

Reviewed on 2020/10/19

Overall, our experience utilizing Robly has been great! We have had a lot of success reaching different audiences.

Pros

Originally, we were attracted to the price, which was half the price of what we had been paying. My organization has really come to enjoy Robly and how easy it is to us. Favorite features include: contacts are very easy to upload, OpenGen feature and the campaign overviews and analytics.

Cons

There is a nice selection of templates to use for design. Sometimes, I find the design options a little confusing. It take a bit of trial and error as you get used to using the software. Additionally, fonts and spacing do not always look the same in the email as they did in the design screen.

Antonella B.
Industry: Photography
Company size: Self Employed

Email marketing with Robly really works

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2020/09/08

I recommend it to send massive messages. I use it to promote my work and my sales percentages increased, although I think it would help me much more to be able to maintain the quality of my photographs

Pros

It works perfectly to automate the sending of e-mail.
It has pre-designed templates that save a lot of work time.
It allows to know if an e-mail was opened or not and the number of clicks.

Cons

I work with photography and Robly has an image quality limit, which does not favor me when the client sees them through this medium.

Debi P.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

It's easy to learn, has great features and has become our go-to email tool.

Reviewed on 2017/06/09

Because it's easy to use, we were able to get a higher rate of adoption within our organization. Our campaigns also saw far fewer unsubscribes thanks to Robly's more sophisticated delivery system, which can "learn" when subscribers tend to open their emails and deliver accordingly. Also, it's been a big time saver because we can set emails to re-send to subscribers who have not opened their emails on the first or second tries. We have more opens, more click-throughs and better engagement using Robly. It's also very customizable and easy to work with, but there are standard templates for users who are less experienced with such platforms. In addition, we've saved a lot of money using Robly for a subscriber list of 10,000 or under, compared to other email services.

Pros

We have multiple users with varying degrees of experience and ability to work with software, and all were able to pick up on Robly very quickly. As a non-profit organization, the price couldn't be beat and the platform is much more stable than others we've used. It doesn't crash and WYSISWYG. The analytics are superb and Robly's Open Gen & AI features have seriously reduced the number of unsubscribes for us. Best of all, their customer service is truly superb with immediate responses via online chat. For users comfortable with online platforms, there is a lot of customization available.

Cons

Robly does not provide the ability to create set color palettes, which means users have to manually enter every color code in each element of every email. That really slows things down and results in less consistency in the look of email blasts as users enter their own color schemes, instead of being able to draw from a palette template. Robly has a very limited selection of ready made mobile responsive templates, but there is plenty of functionality to create your own. The other "missing feature" is the ability to create multiple user IDs. Everyone uses the same login and there's no way to tell who worked on what campaign.

Holly M.
Industry: Mental Health Care

Robly is GENIUS

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2016/09/29

Robly saves me so much time and energy when sending out content to our email list. The ability to send emails at specific times and resend emails using a different subject title when our first email was unopened is simply brilliant. I can track who opened which email and see the true value of our content for our subscribers. In short, I love Robly and am so thankful we switched from Constant Contact to start working with the Robly team! I've trained other staff in how to use it and now other staff members are sending out emails left and right! LOVE IT! The only suggestion I would have to the Robly team is to make it possible to edit the size of pictures in an easier way (like dragging the dimensions of the picture rather than manually editing them) so we can make pictures as big as we want! Other than that, I love the service and am extremely satisfied!

Pros

I love that we can send emails to specific lists of people. I love the branded emails that have our colors imprinted, our logo displayed, and pictures from our website! I really enjoy the data capturing and the brilliance of the re-sending software. The fact that they can send emails at time that people are most likely to open emails, specific to that individual, is sheer genius.

Cons

Because I use Bitly, seeing which links are clicked in the emails can be difficult. I wish it would display the word that was hyperlinked as well as the link itself and allow me to click on it so I can go to the site and verify. I also would like to be able to expand the size of pictures using a dragging feature in the corners of the picture rather than manually editing it. Manually editing makes it difficult to get pictures on the same line if they're of different dimensions.

Alan J.
Industry: Information Technology & Services
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Flexible cloud-based email marketing and automation system.

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2018/08/15

Pros

The elegant, flexible and user-friendly graphical interface helps you use the application without much of technical knowledge. You can send newsletters and check the open rates of messages or emails. They provide a lot of custom templates, and you can access and edit them via tablet, phone or desktop PCs. If you face any operational or design issues, you can connect to the customer service team who are in fact very quick in response. You don’t require any coding knowledge to design professional emails with ease. From your website itself, the email addresses are collected for preparing promotional lists. The Robust AI enables to auto send emails while a prospect opens their promotional emails or newsletters. You can import contacts from constant contact, or through excel lists. Provides great analytical features. The application helps you improve open rates as well as the click-through rates. Provide instant billing notifications.

Cons

It is difficult to create color palettes. The application is quite expensive. It is a very tough and time-consuming process to edit campaigns.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Annie F.
Industry: Information Technology & Services
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Very good automation, Robly does all the work.

Reviewed on 2018/03/27
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

The use of Robly within my company, has caused it to have a better stability and automation when sending an email, no need to do anything else because in my company, Marketing is managed by Robly.

Pros

Robly is very quick to send emails, perfect marketing very well in any company, it is very fast and efficient to send emails from this platform because everything is done automatically with a new subscriber.

Cons

Robly prices are terrible, and I mean they are really expensive, I would like this software to consider that it has very good features to offer its customers and it is better to lower prices.

Thomas C.
Industry: Food & Beverages

Robly Delivers for this Small Business Owner

Reviewed on 2019/02/27

Efficiency with campaigns and a greater reach.

Pros

Any small business owner knows half of the game is reaching out to a broad and diverse audience. My email campaigns are targeted but not always that successful. I had been a Mail Chimp user until a friend of mine introduced me to Robly. Now I'm with Robly forever.

Getting email addresses is one thing. Delivering an email and getting the user to open it is quite another. Robly boasts that they guarantee 50% more opens. I doubted it but it was worth checking out. Robly delivered big time. How do they do it? Robly automatically RESENDS emails with a different subject line to people that didn't open it the first time. Brilliant AND it worked. The first campaign I sent out I had almost 70% more opens than my first campaign. I attribute 100% to this amazing feature.

The other thing I absolutely LOVE is that Robly plays well with other programs and apps. I can send emails to my Facebook friends right in the Robly app. It's an amazingly efficient way to reach the people I'm already connected to. Add a dozen other features and couple that with Robly's 24/7 customer service and you'll be a Robly user for life. I am!

Cons

Nothing at all. Robly backs up it's opening claims every time.

Paula R.
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Robly in spite of a malfunction in phones, works well on desktop.

Reviewed on 2018/04/18
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

The best thing that Robly has is that you can connect with the social network Facebook, this has been a very good implementation because you can also automatically send information about any campaign, to colleagues who have added to your social network.

Cons

It has a malfunction to create campaigns from mobile devices, since it does not allow a campaign with a good design and it must have very little information for the client.

Chense P.
Industry: Automotive
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Robly automates without errors or interruptions.

Reviewed on 2018/03/14
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

The use of Robly and the implementation in my company, has made my company much faster and automated by sending emails, since it is done instantly and in a few simple steps.

Pros

There is a point that I like most about Robly, and it is the speed of work, here you can do an advertising campaign in a matter of seconds and with a few simple steps that do not require reading instructions.

Sheri M.

Moved from Constant Contact for Robly's Ease of Use

Reviewed on 2018/10/18

Pros

Robly is extremely user friendly and the support is outstanding. You'll feel like a marketing genius in seconds. Configuring new campaigns is easy especially since Robly has fantastic pre-made templates. They will even customize one for your company. Wow... Who does that! They have a huge library of free images to choose from making it quick to change up any template.

Cons

The only con I have is not being able to use in Chrome. It may be my own browser security settings but this is not a deal breaker for me.

Amy G.
Industry: Higher Education
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Professional looking & organized email marketing tool

Reviewed on 2018/11/20

Robly has really improved my confidence and ease when making email campaigns. Likewise, I’ve recurved compliments on how well designed and efficient these emails are from colleagues. Robly has helped me grow audiences for the public arts events I organize.

Pros

The most beneficial aspect of Robly is the wide variety of well designed email templates. I’ve never had trouble finding a trouble that fits the needs and content of my email campaigns that promote local events I organize. I’ve noticed it offers far more email templates than other email marketing software programs.

Cons

More than a few times, Robly has crashed my internet brower. My work is saved and my computer is just fine. However, it’s quite frustrating and I think the software needs to be updated to fix its stability for various internet browsers.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Joe S.

I'm glad I switched.

Reviewed on 2019/01/22

Over all the product is excellent. I switched a couple of years ago and have been very satisfied. The customer service is very good and the emails look great. I would like to see updated templates specifically around the holiday season.

Pros

This product has a feature called Open Gen. It gives me a 20% higher open rate than my previous company and it cost about 1/2 the price.

Cons

My one concern is that this type of marketing in now available at a lower price.

Teymur O.

Perfect Email Marketing application

Reviewed on 2018/04/20

Pros

Tools and functions are extremely useful and working perfect. Robly is the best email marketing application. When we purchased it our tasks and works started to become most easy things. It will help to avoid wasting time and gives you chance to send mass emails to your customers.

Cons

Sometimes we wait too much to get emails. Templates are quite good, but it would be nice to see new ones.

Paul H.
Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Really pleased with Robly email solution

Reviewed on 2016/11/29

Migrated to Robly because Front Steps was already established on this product when I was hired. We use the product to communicate with our audience and solicit donations for a non-profit for people in need in Northeast Ohio. The templates they provide are clean and reliable and easy to personalize. I have been able to get into the code to make sure the email look exactly as I would like but you do not need to code html to use the product. It provides pre-coded sign up snippets which are configure in different shapes and contexts depending on where you want to use. The product has been very intuitive and easy to use and learning curve was non-existent. Highly recommended if you are looking for an email marketing solution.

Pros

Easy to use, familiar interface, solid, well-coded coded templates

Cons

No Chimp, I miss my chimp, I mean seriously you need a cool character...;-)

Just kidding, no significant issues so far...

Jane W.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Inexpensive, easy to use, and let's us do what we need to do

Reviewed on 2018/02/10

Pros

We send out a weekly e-newsletter with many links to articles on our website. Robly makes it easy to create our calendar on the website, then copy and paste it - with its links intact - into our e-newsletter. Something our previous, more expensive service could not do.

Cons

I can't always get the formatting exactly the way I would like. Perhaps if I spent more time working on this, but always trying to meet a deadline!

Lance M.
Industry: Government Administration

Better options and pricing than Constant Contact

Reviewed on 2016/09/30

I have found Robly to be a better option for me than Constant Contact, which I used for about two years. Firstly, the unlimited pictures option has been invaluable. CC charged to have more than jkust a few in your album to use. And, although I haven't used the "OpenGen" or "Robly AI" functions, I am about to do so. CC didn't even offer such a feature.

The graphic interface is easy to understand. And, although it has a few limitations, I've always found that my final result is more than pleasing to the eye. Adding contacts is really easy, as is editing, deleting, etc. I also like the "Reports" function where I can see at a glance how my campaigns are doing.

I'm very happy with the service so far (about six months), and don't see any reason to look elsewhere for other options. -Lance

Pros

Easy interface. Advanced features that many others don't offer.

Cons

Slightly limited graphic/layout options

Leslie N.
Industry: Retail

One of the best decisions I made for my business...

Reviewed on 2016/12/05

I used to use a different software and thought it was pretty good after switching from the first software I used, which left a lot to be desired. The Robly team promised me a lot, but it came with a 45 day free trial, was quite a bit cheaper and had some functions the others didn't have at the time. Robly told me they would hold my hand while I made the transition and even created my new templates using the campaigns I had created on the other software. In addition to this, they were literally on call for me 24 hours a day. Anytime I had a question or problem, someone was back in touch with me within minutes assisting me. It is intuitive to use and the Open Gen feature is awesome; it is a feature where they resend your campaign out a day or two (your choice) after your original campaign only to people who didn't open the campaign the first time it was sent out. Bottom line, Robly delivers!

Anne D.
Industry: Entertainment

I'm so glad we switched!

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2016/09/29

Robly reached out to us about a year ago to see if our needs could be met better by using them instead of Constant Contact. They exported our existing contacts so that I didn't lose anything or have to spend any extra time re-entering them. Then they let us test the program to be sure we were happy with the end product. Although my department generally sends out the same base email each month (just to different sets of people each time), the designing of brand new emails is really not difficult. And if you need help, the team is there to assist! Since switching to Robly, we've started seeing a much higher response rate to our emails and are able to better gauge when people are going to get the most out of our mailings. This allows us to time our notices so that we don't have to double up anymore to ensure that everyone read it. So our guests are happier too.

Pros

Very easy to use, great customer service, amazing services available

Cons

Price. Although lower than comparable programs, it only allows for one user (additional users cost more) so a company with multiple departments would either have to use the same log in name or pay for each department to have their own account.

Allison H.
Industry: Media Production

My favorite email software! GREAT customer service!

Reviewed on 2019/05/03

Really happy with the product, results, price, and customer service.

Pros

I started using Robly right when it came out, after using Constant Contact and Mailchimp both. Robly, to me, is by far the best option for the price. They have some cool features and their prices are reasonable. The customer service is really good as well.

Cons

Like all email blast software I've tried, it can be a little quirky at times. Spaces where they shouldn't be, colors doing weird things. Generally if I sign out and get back on, I can fix the issue. Again, I've found this is true of all email blast programs that I've used.

Joy G.
Industry: Financial Services

Robly gets opens from subscribers who haven't opened in ages!!

Reviewed on 2018/08/29

Pros

I love everything about Robly!! I've used lots of other platforms, but none of them have gotten the email opens that Robly does. I'm super impressed with how easy Robly is to use: everything from incorporating images, text, divider lines, borders, backgrounds, to being able to reach a Pro in customer service via chat in less than 10 seconds who REALLY knows how to get things accomplished quickly! And it is such a bonus to get the tips and techniques emailed on a regular basis to help me improve my email marketing skills.

Cons

Hrmmmm... That's a tough one... I guess the only problem I have had so far is just that I would like to see more creative templates for the embedded website subscriber sign-up form. I had three weeks go by without a single new subscriber (which is unusual). Fortunately, I have a son who writes code and was able to help me tweak mine to make it suit my needs.

Angela S.
Industry: Wholesale

5-stars all day long!

Reviewed on 2016/10/05

I switched a few years ago to Robly and absolutely love the product and their service! The product is super easy to use. It took me 2-3 hours to design an email with a competitor. Robby is so easy that I now can whip out an email within 15 minutes.

Pros

easy to use

Cons

occasionally have trouble dragging image to the box

Alexis R.
Industry: Government Administration
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Easy to use, great final product!

Reviewed on 2018/01/11

Easy to use, WAY better support than other products I've used in the past!

Pros

it's easy to create an enewsletter and have stunning results. The templates are pretty good but I usually just make my communications from scratch!

Cons

I one have one issue; organizing photos and uploading photos in the file upload tab. Uploading photos doesn't always work and once you've uploaded the photo you can't make folders and organize the files by dropping them in etc. It should be a bit easier to use and organize adding and uploading photos to your communications.

Dustin W.
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Great Service for those looking for value!

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2016/12/03

We moved over from a more expensive brand because of the large expense associated with our account via that provider... and the limited resources we used in conjunction with what they offered (and consequently what we were paying for). In other words... we just wanted to email people! Thanks Robly!

Pros

Price/Value

Cons

Inability to automate recurring weekly emails.