Wetu

Web-based solution for tour operators & suppliers

Elizabeth W.

WETU Review

Reviewed on 2019/07/22

Pros

It's user friendly and simple, especially for those of us not too confident with technology. It covers all aspects of a detailed itinerary from the destination area, accommodation, transfer details and a map. It certainly helps in selling a safari to clients

Cons

There is nothing that I don't like about this software

Jordi C.

A Fundamental Tool For The Specialist Travel Agent

Reviewed on 2016/08/03

Before WETU, we used to painstakingly draw itineraries on Google Map. We have been using WETU for over three years now and it has become a basic step in our selling process. It not only lets us turn ideas into meaningful itineraries, but also help convey them to the client that most times has little knowledge of the destination.

The vast content resources are incredible but, to get the full benefits of WETU, you need to market in English.

Pros

- Easily draw itineraries over google maps to better picture the trip to the clients.
- Amazingly complete accommodation database including descriptions, activities and images.

Cons

- While basic menu words are already available in other languages, content is still only in English.

Andrew R.

Amazing itinerary planner

Reviewed on 2016/08/15

Brilliant system for designing custom-made itineraries. Excellent back-office support. Amazing features. Good value. Easy to use and adapt to each different client.

Pros

Everything

Cons

Nothing really

Laura B.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Easy to use and intuitive software

Reviewed on 2019/08/20

Pros

This software is very intuitive - so figuring out how to do something is a piece of cake. Really enjoy how the end product looks so professional.

Cons

Love the software. No complaints. It is easy to use and the WETU team is quick to respond when we have trouble.

John M.

Destinations Africa Wetu Review

Reviewed on 2016/08/01

A wonderful product that has made Itineray presentation to our clients extremely professional. A major time saver with ability to modify and re- use itineraries without starting from scratch.

Pros

Visual excellence impresses clients

Cons

Basic framework causes loss of work done if one is not very careful. You cannot just hit a back arrow. It exits the programme!

Response from Wetu Travel Technology

Thanks for the awesome review, John. It's great to hear after all these years you're still happily building itineraries quickly with Wetu. Just so you know, we're busy updating our Itinerary Builder - soon you'll be able to hit that back arrow with no regrets. Another reason we love getting feedback from our clients!

Crisney L.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Excellent sales tool and easy itinerary building!

Reviewed on 2016/08/25

I have successfully used Wetu to sell itineraries throughout Africa. My clients absolutely love this tool and it is incredibly easy for me to quickly create and then edit itineraries during the planning process. With one click, I can also create a PDF for my clients who like paper documents.

I have created sample itineraries on my website to give clients an idea of what is possible in Africa within the typical US holidays and get great feedback on the interactive Wetu tool.

Customer service has always been very responsive to me.

Pros

Ease of use to build and then edit complex itineraries. Up to date images and information on all the properties helps to sell the itinerary. Interactive and interesting for clients. The map feature is so appreciated by my US clients who need to know where all these places are located! It's good value for money.

Cons

I am hoping for WETU to expand to other areas of the world a bit faster. I know they are working on it and I look forward to using this tool to plan my other trips too.

Jennifer S.

Exquisitely Beautiful Itineraries

Reviewed on 2019/08/24

-Quick turnaround times in making detailed itineraries
-Easy to integrate with other software like Tour Plan

Pros

-Beautiful itineraries with a 'WOW' effect.
-Wetu is user friendly, detailed and has a wide range of products to choose from.
-The Wetu Team are quick to assist, incase of a query

Cons

The Accommodation step 2 (Reverse itinerary tab ), once clicked it may take you a while to rearrange the program as per one's preference ;-).

Josef D.

Liked it from word go

Reviewed on 2016/08/01

Using Wetu has taken our itinerary presentations to prospective clients from antiquated and pedestrian to state-of-the-art and exciting. It is easy to use even for someone who has no training or experience.

Pros

Strong visual appeal which is essential in the travel business.

Cons

It would be nice to have a short(er) printable version of the itinerary (outline) available for clients to be able to print themselves.

Response from Wetu Travel Technology

Josef, we're so pleased you are enjoying our ongoing support, thanks! It's important to us that you find the system easy to use and that Wetu has changed the way you present your exciting tour to prospective clients.

Nomalanga S.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Used Other for Free Trial

Reviewed on 2019/08/31

I know as Tourvest Destination Management company we is wetu a lot. And it have made our life easier as it is quick.

Pros

The direction the software provides.
Easy to do document with wetu

Cons

I will be lying if I mention one, as I have not worked much in wetu. But my Co worker's always share their experience with mw

Laura O.

Wetu is Wonderful!

Reviewed on 2019/07/01

Wetu is a big part of what brings customers to our company AND keeps them here. I use it every day and couldn't recommend it more.

Pros

Wetu has a beautiful interface and easy-to-use product design that allows tour operators and agents to showcase our wonderful properties, destinations, and more!! It's amazingly easy to customize the theme, branding, text, auto-populating text, primary photos, and more. You can even co-brand with another agent or company using both logos. And, when you have an itinerary you would like to print, just one click away is the Word version. It's wonderfully done and the customer service is stellar.

Cons

Wetu is always growing and updating, and I have faith that any of the features I wish they had will become available in the future.

Peter-john M.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Practical solution in a digital space

Reviewed on 2016/08/10

WETU provides an easy step by step solution to fast track a potential visitor to a destination to consider the products & services offered, in a format that also provides much required orientation, and point to point transfer / transport and flight routes by clicking on a provided URL / link

Pros

The look and feel

Cons

The content pre-loaded by suppliers needs to be checked for quality of grammar, and needs to be written to fit into the flow of a suggested program

Laura G.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

WETU is awesome. I use it as a daily tool. I don't know what I would do with-out it.

Reviewed on 2019/08/30

I think it is awesome. I use it every day.

Pros

It makes a beautiful itinerary and provides a clear way to deliver a customized itinerary to a client easily and quickly. It also has a great app that clients can use while traveling.

Cons

You can customize a lot but it would be nice if it was easier to customize, more drag and drop, AND it would be great if you could change out photos right from the digital itinerary builder, just to make it quick. The photos could use a serious update.

Ken H.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Itinerary building made easier than you could ever imagine

Reviewed on 2016/08/01

Itinerary creation is just made so easy with the knowledge that all the destinations that you would like to possibly include have detailed copy which will honestly and professionally describe the whole product for you. Along with the copy comes a fantastic array of high quality photography that helps say it all.

Pros

The iBrochure feature is one of my many favorites. It's like having the whole of the travel industry right at your fingertips. It makes you feel empowered.

Cons

I can't think of anything that I *don't* like. I do find some portions of the features slow, but then that also could be caused by my own computer's speed.

Response from Wetu Travel Technology

Hi Ken, thanks for your kind words. Our purpose is to provide you with even more functionality that you'll love and to continue empowering you with better tools.

Elizabeth R.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Fantastic tool for tourism

Reviewed on 2019/07/18

I love Wetu, it really helps us in the tourism industry to help our clients visualize their vacations

Pros

The ease of use, the pictures and additional information

Cons

Not enough iBrochures for specific properties

Michann W.

Reviewed on 2018/09/21

Michael B.

Great Platform for Itinerary Building

Reviewed on 2018/11/26

Pros

An easy to use platform to build beautiful looking itineraries quickly.

Cons

Wish it had an open API or more integrations with CRM's so we could connect it to our business operations.

Martin K.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Hoteliers perspective

Reviewed on 2018/08/14

Wetu is free and allows hotels to showcase their properties and facilities to the travel trade. Travel agents can then incorporate the hotel's info in quotes/iteraries they prepare for clients via Wetu. It's a win-win. Makes life easier for both sides and doesn't cost a hotel anything.

Pros

Wetu is very straightforward for hoteliers and it's a great way to showcase a property and its facilities online for free to the travel trade. It captures all the necessary info for a hotel and allows for high res images to be uploaded, too.

Cons

The image upload function is a bit slow. Also, it would be nice if you could easily check what your listing looks like to other users.

Katina G.

Wetu Review by Above & Beyond Holidays Australia

Reviewed on 2016/08/04

It has enabled us to be first to market with specials and initiatives on our website , our quote conversion has increased since taking on WETU, our travel agent partners have also embraced it and love that we can white label the itineraries. Win Win!

Pros

interactive , the client receives all the information they need without having to go searching on 3rd party websites.

Cons

Does not offer a pricing solution as yet