Unit Trac

Mobile-friendly self storage management system

4,8
4,8
4,5
4,7
4,9
Greg J.
Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
Company size: Self Employed

Unit trac mini storage software

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/12/19

It makes renting and collecting rent so easy and keeping track of what is happening as well. Taking credit cards with auto deposit and auto filling in what needs to be showing payments. It is effortless.

Pros

The soft ware was easy to use and not only that the person that sold it to me was so kind, understanding and helpful. It does everything I can think you would possibly want it to do.

Cons

Can't think of any bad to tell. Maybe just a little tricky, but not really with the helper) to set up the first lease. Nichole was there and with a smile on her face and so pleasant to help me through until I learned and could do it without her. I had a small business and most people stayed and didn't need much maintenance.

Response from Unit Trac

Thanks Greg! We love helping our clients and we know that you are a very busy small business owner (like most of our clients) and need software to be simple and effortless since you have many responsibilities!

Meredith M.
Company size: Self Employed

I am extremely satisfied with Unittrac, they have gone above and beyond to keep me a happy customer!

Reviewed on 2017/04/28

Quick, seamless software for the organization and operation of our storage facility business.

Pros

Customer service is exceptional and obviously a high priority to them. The software design is very user friendly for our self storage facility, the features are easy to navigate. As a new owner of our storage facility, I needed a software package that could quickly get my business up and running, Unittrac was everything I was looking for. I began with the free trial and within 24 hours, I had my customer based entered and organized, and had the gist of the system figured out. It's by far the best valued software out there for self storage facilities. I highly recommend! My favorite software feature is the site map builder, and the fact that the storage units show availability in "real time" to the customer via the in house website feature. Using the provided website, my addition media outlets, Facebook and Twitter buttons can be easily found. Customers can apply online, download the rental application, select a unit, make online payments, and receive automated email invoicing following a payment. In a competitive storage market, Unittrac has organized my business and mainstreamed all the information to my customer base.

Cons

I would love to see the ability to enter and track external business and operating expenses, or have a spreadsheet for tax preparation statements with income and expenses balanced. Although there are a variety of financial reports available to run, none include all the true facts and figures of running the business, only the income.

Response from Unit Trac

Meredith - we are delighted that you chose Unit Trac and are happy to help you easily manage your facility. Stay tuned for new features rolling out to address your accounting needs. Your questions and comments about the software are always welcomed!

Seth D.
Industry: Consumer Services

Good Software

Reviewed on 2018/12/14

Pros

I like the ability to login from any device, and the “snapshot” data that is on the home page ie. who is behind or what units are open.

Cons

The site is slow and lags at times.
There are features that need to be added.

Response from Unit Trac

Thanks for your feedback Seth! We are sorry that you are experiencing slowness at times. We will figure out what is happening and get Unit Trac back to being more snappy and responsive for you.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Rob H.
Industry: Insurance

Unit Trac Usability

Reviewed on 2019/09/12

Billing is easy, no more real needs to meet with potential customers (most everything is done with my smart phone). I have been in meetings and received an application for a unit and sent the customer everything they have needed to get it started! Love the freedom and release from pressure of having to meet with the customer.

Pros

-how it interacts with my ability to start, stop, and renew leases on the fly. Ease of use for the end user (my customers) has been awesome. The support I got to set up my website was amazing! The staff at Unit Trac is always very helpful with some complicated transactions that we may need help with from time to time. The truth is after talking with the staff and them walking me through things it wasn't complicated at all!

Cons

Initial set up and getting the muscle memory down as to where to find things. Its just the way it is with anything new. Staff worked well with me on this.

Response from Unit Trac

Thanks for the positive response Rob! You provide excellent service to your customers and we are glad that Unit Trac helps makes managing the business easier.

Industry: Warehousing

Unit Trac is a Great Fit for Our Facility!

Reviewed on 2018/12/14

It is easy to use for both us and for our customers. My customers are impressed that they can rent up online and have autopay enabled free of charge. I like it because it draws the right customers, those with decent credit, to our facility. Unit Trac automatically records their payments, which is also a time saver I like.

Pros

More customers would rather sign up online than stop in because they are busy. This allows them to sign up on their schedule and get things taken care of before move-in day. So units can be rented up even while I am out of the office or after business hours.

Cons

I have asked for a way to automatically send an email payment reminder to customers that request it. I was told this would be implemented last year. Has it been done and have I just missed seeing it?

Response from Unit Trac

Thanks for the review Margot! Online rentals are a great way to have your website on your behalf and customers enjoy how easy it is. The automatic receipt generation is in place - which allows customers to receive an email that payment was received and remind them of their upcoming payment. Our team will reach out because it doesn't look like that is enabled with your account currently - but it's just a click and it will be turned on.

Margot G.

My Customers Love Unit Trac !

Reviewed on 2018/03/03

Pros

I started with Unit Trac almost a year ago and am SO glad I did! It's like having a "Personal Assistant" enter the payments for me and send receipts out, I don't have to do a thing. So far, my customers have given very positive feedback about the convenience and I feel more professional, offering my customers more options. Customers feel more in control, being able to access their account through their phone or PC anytime to make payments, print receipts and view their payment history. I am able to get far more customers to set up Auto Pay since they can track the charges themselves (which I really like). One of the rep at Unit Trac and she is super friendly and helpful getting it set up. Five stars all the way!!!

Cons

I can't really think of anything, it is very easy to use. But I am hoping they will come up with a way to send an automated payment reminder email for those customers that don't want to sign up with auto-pay.

Response from Unit Trac

We are glad that you starting using Unit Trac Margot! We are equally as happy that your customers love Unit Trac too. Thanks for the feedback on the automated emails. We recognize this feature as something that will make managing the facility even easier - stay tuned.

Jack V.
Industry: Architecture & Planning
Company size: Self Employed

Awesome system! Unit Trac allows me to run my business with ease. Customer support is exceptional!

Reviewed on 2017/07/03

It's so easy to run and track my business with this system, it saves me hours and hours every week

Pros

I think it's so good, it's hard to know where to begin...
Setup was a breeze. The user interface it excellent--very intuitive. Web interface made it possible to set up our own, very functional and professional website in a matter of hours. Invoicing and payment processing/recording is easy. Customers (and we) love the customer portal and ability to do automatic billing. We are in a very rural, mountain area with no full-time onsite presence, eSig lease capability makes it easy to onboard new customers without having to be there. Customer support is GREAT!!! We could go on and on... www.littlekingdomstorage.com

Cons

I can't really say there is anything I don't like about it, but here are a couple thoughts...
- It would be great if there was a way to set up a new lease (to be activated at a later date) for a unit whose lease has not ended yet.
- I have a few customers who have multiple units/leases. It would be good to combine onto one invoice. I haven't figured out if that is possible, or how to do it if it is
- Can't wait till you release expense tracking!!

Response from Unit Trac

We are delighted that Unit Trac has been such a benefit to you and your customers! The time savings is substantial and exactly what the software was designed to do for you - make it easier to manage your facility. Great feedback on the ability to post date a lease and stay tuned for the accounting update coming soon.

Jim S.
Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Small facility review

Reviewed on 2018/12/27

A small learning curve but now no problem getting to where I need to go in the program.

Pros

I like the ease with which to take payments and view current status of all tenants. It keeps track of monthly income and can be used when auctioning units by utilizing the store function.

Cons

I would like to be able to send all late tenants emails at the same time rather than having to open each account to send the emails one at a time. Seems like this would be an easy fix . The map edit screen seems to be very slow. The unit Box covers up other units so you have to click somewhere else to view the unit you want to select next.

Response from Unit Trac

Thanks for the feedback Jim! Our team will look into the responsiveness of the map. We are working to improve communications. Stay tuned for updates.

Steve A.
Industry: Packaging & Containers
Company size: Self Employed

Sorry I waited to try out this software

Reviewed on 2019/12/20

Unbelievable support. Have given several suggestions for wording changes and new features and they ALL show up in a month or two. Makes life simpler for me as I got rid of the spread sheets!

Pros

Does everything I need. Can work from home or at the office. Provides annual reports. Credit cards processed at a lower rate than previous.

Cons

Takes a while to find features that aren't used often.

Response from Unit Trac

Thanks so much for the positive review Steve! We are grateful for your suggestions for improving Unit Trac. Glad that the software is making life easier - that is exactly what it was intended to do for storage businesses.

Bryan M.

Unit Trac is great!

Reviewed on 2018/12/14

Pros

Very easy to use and great customer service.

Cons

Deposit refunds aren't easily done. I can't send receipts.

Response from Unit Trac

Thanks for the feedback Bryan! We enjoy working with you and the team. The update coming will allow refund receipts to easily be sent. It's been great to watch your business grow from being a brand new facility to great occupancy. Keep up the great work...we are happy to support you.

Justin H.
Industry: Retail

Good value for what you get

Reviewed on 2019/05/21

Really Good program, but needs more work

Pros

The price for this software is considerably lower than other Australian based Self Storage software systems.

Cons

The Map interface is easy to read but not as detailed as it could be. When hovering on the sitemap there is not enough information that might be able to speed up the process of a larger complex, this also becomes painfully obvious when a customer is waiting in your office and you need to go through multiple screens to find information you need fast. Also, in Australia there is a very large lag when you save or update something from the time you press the buton to the time the browser actually starts to recognise you want to save. I have requested GST tax considerations to be made easier but this is not a function at this time. Other things which would be a massive improvement: 1. There should be a selection so you can email ALL customers at the same time to update them of changes which amy affect ALL customers. At this time other than CSV file there is no easy way to acheive a bulk email. 2. The Send an Email option should be a HTML text editor interface and not just a text field, this way you can change fonts, add H tags or highlight important information in your email.

Response from Unit Trac

We appreciate your honest feedback Justin. Our team is working to make updates to the software that will improve usability. Your input is exactly what is needed to make the program better.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

David T.
Industry: Security & Investigations

the truth

Reviewed on 2018/12/18

unitrac staff are very good communicators and each time ive had an issue they have sorted it very quickly, but more importantly if i ask for them to call me (im in New Zealand) they do so im old school and sometimes you just cant beat a phone call to get something across.

Pros

this software is easy to use but complicated enough in the back ground to provide a awesome simple outcome that takes very little management time

Cons

some functions can not be done on apple ipad

Response from Unit Trac

Thanks for the feedback Dave! Our team also appreciates your suggestions for feature improvements as we are committed to making Unit Trac - you've had some great suggestions! Our team will follow-up about the functionality on the iPad as everything should work on any device.

Robert M.
Industry: Retail

Fort Knox Climate Control Storage Review

Reviewed on 2018/12/18

Excellent! Easy, simple, fast, (except Site Map) and very user friendly !
The Very Best Customer service with the team !!! 10 STAR for them!!

Bob Malle

Pros

Very Easy to learn and use! Saves you time when you are renting a unit and the accounting reports are a big help for my accountant.

Cons

Map Loads very slow!
Edit the map should be able to be done from the Availability screen.
Payment up date and recording could be improved.
Would be nice if it was Quick Books compatible! To allow me to have easier access to a P&L on a daily or weekly schedule with out having to make the sales entry manually.

Response from Unit Trac

Thanks Bob! We enjoy working with you and glad to have Fort Knox Climate Storage operating efficiently from since you opened for business. It's been exciting to watch your business lease-up. We will figure out why the map loads slower than normal. Confident our team can resolve that for you.

Drew A.

Best Storage Software on the Market

Reviewed on 2019/06/03

I like Unit-Trac. I have thought about and have almost gone with other Storage Software companies but once I try out there system, I seem to gravitate back to Unit-Trac. They are a great Storage Software system. I like how easy the software is to use and my customers seem to like using the system to make there payments.

Pros

I like Unit Trac because it is Easy to Navigate and very User Friendly.

Cons

Some of the things I do like about it now which I am sure will be greatly improved over time.
Unit Trac is a young Storage Software Company.
1. Statement Generator
2. Bundling Customers when they might have multiple units.

Response from Unit Trac

Thanks for the feedback Drew! I know that you'll enjoy the accounting updates that will be rolling out soon. Thanks for your patience.

Todd M.
Company size: Self Employed

Great for our small facility

Reviewed on 2019/05/24

Pros

1. Easy to use, very intuitive.
2. Can be accessed from any device.
3. Very affordable, especially for a smaller facility.
4. Everything needed for a new customer can be entered in one screen. (Customer, Lease, Credit Card, Initial Payment, Recurring Payments, and Customer Portal)

Cons

This is a very simple software package that does about 95 percent of what I would expect. A couple features that I believe are missing at the moment.
1. Automatically email invoices x number of days before the next payment is due as a reminder.
2. Simple way to email a select group of leases/customers.
3. A way to combine invoices for customers that rent multiple units.

Response from Unit Trac

Thanks for the feedback Todd! You'll be happy to know that an accounting update is coming soon and next up - improved communications.

Derek W.
Industry: Accounting

Great Company

Reviewed on 2018/12/14

We are able to run multiple facilities from one office. Even looking at adding our Rental Properties on Unit Trac.

Pros

Easy to use. Very affordable. We started with one small 40 unit facility and have grown to over 500 doors. Unit Trac has made the transitions easy and are always their to help!

Cons

Would like auto emails to be send to customers with Invoice, and when card is declined.

Response from Unit Trac

Thanks for the positive review Derek! It's been great to see your business grow. You are doing great work. We have some updates coming that you will be happy with...thanks for your patience. It's only going to get better from here.

Company size: Self Employed

I love this software! I had used another online software before, but I am SO GLAD I switched!

Reviewed on 2017/06/28

Pros

I really like the home page that shows you who is delinquent and how far behind they are. With my old software, I would have to go through my customer list one-by-one, very time-consuming! This software is also very easy to use. The site map was also very easy to set up and is very helpful to see who is renting a particular unit and gives a nice overview of what is available instantly. I like the flexibility to make changes myself when needed. Payments are easy to record and send out receipts. My customers love being able to make payments themselves. I feel much more professional and on top of things with UnitTrac!

Cons

I would like to be able to have automatic reminders sent by email or by text to my habitually late customers or anyone else who would like invoice reminders sent to them.

Response from Unit Trac

We are glad that you switched to Unit Trac too! Delighted that Unit Trac has been able to save you time and make you feel professional - and make your customers happy. Thank you for the automated messaging feature request. Our development team is working on that functionality. Stayed tuned.

Amanda K.
Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Unit trac review

Reviewed on 2019/01/01

Pros

The customer service is amazing. They always respond immediately with any questions or concerns oh, and I always go the extra mile to help.

Cons

No problems. It has really helped my business

Response from Unit Trac

Thanks for the positive review Amanda! We enjoy working with you. Castleton Self Storage operates very efficiently - great work!

Gary D.
Industry: Consumer Services

Unit Trac

Reviewed on 2018/12/14

It has been basically a good move. It allows me to do business online anywhere, anytime. Has some improvements to make in order for it to be more functional.

Pros

Allows me to handle my business anytime, anywhere.

Cons

The long learning curve. If it weren't for there GREAT customer service, I would have considered going elsewhere.

Response from Unit Trac

Thanks for the feedback Gary! It is our pleasure to work with you and we are excited to share the updates that are coming out soon.

Lacey M.
Industry: Consumer Goods

Great for storage facilities

Reviewed on 2019/10/01

Overall this program has been extremely useful to me with my storage business

Pros

I like that it helps me jeep track of all customers and their payments

Cons

I don't like that it doesn't recognize when a customer makes a partial payment. It only recognizes payments in month increments

Response from Unit Trac

Thanks for your positive review Lacey! We appreciate your feedback. Our development team is finishing the accounting update that will address partial payments.

Angela P.

Unit trac is easy to understand and an improvement to our business.

Reviewed on 2017/09/29

Pros

I like that it adds late fees and makes it easy to email customers with invoices reflecting it. It also makes it easy to see what percentage I am for being full and my good standing customers. It is very easy to navigate.

Cons

I would like to have a reminder feature that would automatically email customers with a rent due reminder. I would like to have a program that would have linked to my gate system but they were installed separately so I understand that is not an option.

Response from Unit Trac

Thanks for the input Angela! We are glad that it has been an improvement in your business...that's exactly what Unit Trac was designed to you (and be easy at the same time). Automated emails and gate code integration are on the docket for updated features. Our service team will reach out regarding the customer portal - which allows your customers online access to view receipts, invoices, make payments (and even set-up recurring charges to make it easy on everyone). This should help while the email automation is in development.

Jonathan R.

Excellent program!

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/12/18

Pros

We love the automatically billing and automatically producing invoices. There was a very small learning curve, too. It has made managing our rentals so easy!

Cons

I have frequently requested auto-invoicing. I currently have to remind several renters every month that their bill is coming due. Auto-invoicing would be SO SO SO NICE! I'm begging for it!

Also, we would like the ability to add a fee to credit card transactions. I have to manually enter those now and it's a pain.

Response from Unit Trac

The Unit Trac team appreciates your positive review Jonathan - thanks! You've been patient and with your requests and they will be rolled out. We want Unit Trac to be great for you and great for your customers...especially so that you can make getting paid even easier.

Randy G.
Company size: Self Employed

I really like this software. The support is wonderful.

Reviewed on 2017/05/03

Pros

It works from any where and the format is the same on each device. I use a laptop, tablet and phone. All issues and questions are handled immediately. Easy to use and linked to my website which required almost no effort to set up. New features being released.

Cons

Really very little problems. A few glitches in the payment software has been my only issue and they were fixed

Response from Unit Trac

Thanks for providing the review Randy! As a person with many devices - Unit Trac was built for people like you to work from anywhere.

Alvina H.

Great for Tracking Customers and Sites!

Reviewed on 2018/06/28

Easy tracking of Customers !!

Pros

With this software information is at the tip of your fingers anywhere you go with internet access. Easy to use with Great Customer Support!

Cons

There are few cons to this software, flexibility might be one of them. The team is open to suggestions and are willing to make changes and improvements.

Response from Unit Trac

It's a delight to work with you Alvina! Glad that Unit Trac makes it easy to manage the RV storage. We appreciate your suggestions and are happy to turn those suggestions into product enhancements.

Colleen R.
Company size: Self Employed

So Glad I Chose Unit Trac!

Reviewed on 2017/09/19

Customer service is absolutely the best! This software features everything I need to efficiently run my units. The price can't be beat. I'm very happy with this software!

Pros

Customer support is second to none! I get a real person on the phone or by email each and every time I have a question. One of them is always patient and has an answer for me.

Cons

There are a few small features that would be nice and I understand they are being created right now. Nothing major as this software is fully functional as it is! One thing that would be great is to be able to combine invoices. I have customers with multiple units and would be nice to have those invoices on one page rather than individual.

Response from Unit Trac

Thank you for the positive review Colleen! We're glad that you chose Unit Trac too. It's our pleasure to work with you. We appreciate your feedback on invoicing - our team is working continually to make Unit Trac even better.