FileInvite Reviews

FileInvite

Automated cloud-based document collection system for clients

Kevin
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Easy interface

Reviewed on 2022/10/13

Pros

It is a great advantage that it has an easy interface that the user can learn very easily. It is a user friendly application.

Cons

Increasing the number of requests more will increase my usage. This is its only limitation, but it is very important to many users.

Response from FileInvite

Thanks for your review. It's awesome to hear you like the easy-to-use customer portal - we like it too!

When it comes to the price per invite - depending on the size of your team, the more invites you send, the cheaper each invite is. Please have a look here at our pricing options: https://www.fileinvite.com/pricing

If your team is large enough for the enterprise plans please give us a call so we can tailor a custom Fileinvite plan just for you.

Charles
  • Industry: Legal Services

General Thought

Reviewed on 2021/12/30

Pros

0. Simplicity and easy to use
1. Able to create Templates
2. eMail notifications being sent automatically for each message
3. An Invite can be duplicated now
4. Quick access from the link given for the Invitees with or without passport setting
5. File conversion into PDF file

Cons

Things to be improved rather than Cons:

1. Unable to prepare 'Create New Invite' first without linking a Contact at a drafting stage. A Contact has to be linked first to create a New Invite not the other way around. This results in the prepared Invite being deleted automatically when the Contact is to be changed without being given a warning notice before proceeding.

2. No memo writing function for each Invite: a short memo or information has to be written sometimes for each Invite but there is no function unless a Request is used for a note recording purpose.

3. No sending message function for the multiple Invites selected as only message sending is limited to an Invite. This means though the same information each message has to be prepared separately for a group of Invites.

4. A function that an Invite sent/used can be reused as a draft in Template. A template has to be first made to create an Invite not the other way around. If an Invite can be duplicated into the Template folder, it will save a lot of time in terms of modification and reusability of sent/used Invite.

5. A message may be included for the reason when a file upload is 'Rejected' due to not being in the correct type.

Response from FileInvite

Thanks Charles. We want to make the customer experience as smooth and hassle-free as possible. That's why we're constantly looking for ways to improve our service. We'll consider your feedback when improving future versions of our software, so thanks for taking the time to tell us what's important to you.

Dylan
Dylan
  • Industry: Insurance
  • Used Monthly for Free Trial

Gathering information made easy

Reviewed on 2018/11/06

Overall the product is good and helps our agency collect information necessary.

Overall the product is good and helps our agency collect information necessary.

Pros

FileInvite has made collecting important information from our clients so much easier. We can send a email right to them asking for specific items and they can send right back fast and secure.

Cons

Price is a little expensive to just receive files.

Chris

Great value for the price! Easy to use and an effective way to improve productivity!

Reviewed on 2017/05/08

Pros

The best feature of this software is its user interface. It is easy to set up templates and it offers you sufficient customization. I have used similar platforms before and although they allowed for some customization, I found that they imposed several limitations of how may customizations you were allowed. For example, I could include a description, but the number of characters allowed for the description were extremely limited. This made it difficult to provide all of the information that the customer needed to know about that specific request. I also eventually left other software providers behind because they kept increasing the price with very little improvement in their platform (and in some cases, less functionality for a higher price). I believe that this platform is a fair price and depending upon the enhancements down the road, I would consider paying more for additional functionality.

Cons

It would be great to have the ability to collect electronic signatures (which I know is in the works). Also, in other systems that I have used, I was able to send out status reminders based upon certain milestones in the process. For example, I could have different milestones set and once I checked them off, it would email the parties that I set up at the start (i.e. loan documents received, appraisal completed, clear to close, etc.)

Response from FileInvite

Hey Chris, thanks for the awesome review! We have now have signature capture that you can use in beta, let me know if you'd like us to turn this on for you. We also have Zapier integration which may help down the track with your automated reminders and invites.

Mary Anne

Streamline document collection for CPA Practice

Reviewed on 2021/12/21

Sick of thousands of emails from your clients? FileInvite saved us, especially in the digital pivot for COVID. Instead of receiving 5-10+ emails from each client, all documents were gathered into FileInvite. It was easy to check for missing information, easy to request additional data, and easy to share within the team. A+ product.

Pros

Cons

We would like to be able to print the Requests and responses that are typed (versus downloaded documents) in a more printer friendly version, but we are able to print them now. This is needed so all documentation can go into our paper file.

Response from FileInvite

Thanks for your feedback Mary! Under the Messages of the Invite there is now a Print button to save the messages as a PDF to your desktop or print directly from within the app.

Louise

Used to be the best - hate paying extra for texts

Reviewed on 2022/01/06

Love the product and still use it all the time but are now looking at alternatives.

Pros

Loved this software and we were early adopters and it is super easy to set up and most clients can manage it really well.

Cons

Very upset to be charged now to send sms - very frustrating as they charge enough as it is and the software has not developed or improved in years. Why not make it better?

Response from FileInvite

Thank you for your feedback. We've been working hard on improving the infrastructure and performance, and we have some exciting new features on our product roadmap.

Nikunj
  • Industry: Accounting

Easy to collect documents from clients

Reviewed on 2021/12/17

Pros

The most amazing feature of file invite is to copy the file invite and templates. It makes so easy to collect all the documents from clients.

Cons

When you search file invite it takes a lot of time to process and show the results.

Response from FileInvite

Thank you for your review Nikunj! We've made some speed improvements to the service recently which is getting great feedback. Please reach out to us at [email protected] if this is still an issue.

Stuart

I had seen FileInvite advertised and thought it sounded okay but never took it any further,...

Saves time and frustration

Saves time and frustration

Pros

FileInvite keeps all the application and data collection process in one place, but more importantly I am able to arrange the requests to suit the type of lending - ie: first home buyers, Welcome Home Loans, property investors, non-bank lending etc and this way I can collect what is needed.
It also allows me to add detailed instructions for each piece of information that I require.
Plus collecting bank statements is now easy and I get the information in the correct format - love this add-on.
Best of all FileInvite converts everything to pdf format which saves a lot of frustration with trying to get every bit of information sorted out.

Cons

There is not much I don't like about this.
I guess it would be good if the mobile number for texts could be automatically be changed to a +64 prefix as I keep forgetting.

Jenny Rose

Perfect for document generation

Reviewed on 2022/01/09

Fileinvite is an efficient tool for the business as it helps us to request all the documents required for the mortgage in less than 1 minute and it also saves time in saving as it will automatically downloaded in the drive.

Pros

I love the template options as it will be easier for us to request documents instead of using emails, typing them manually. I also love the autosave features as they will also save admin time.

Cons

When documents not syncing in the folder.

Response from FileInvite

Thank you for your great feedback Jenny! That's incredible that you've managed to get your requests down to less than 1 minute.

Brian
Brian
  • Industry: Consumer Services

There are many uses for this solution

Reviewed on 2019/07/19

The team behind file invite is very friendly and responsive. It is because of them that I am willing to trust the process and give time for certain improvements, some of which could be arguably specific to my use case.

Pros

There is room for improvement, and based on where the platform is today, I believe it will continue to improve. Simplifies the document collection or tasking of clients. Easy to implement.

Cons

There are aspects of the process that are clunky and need improvement. There are aspects of the process from the client's perspective that should also be simplified. But it is working well enough currently to give some time for certain updates to come down the pike before we find an alternative solution.

Lindsey
  • Industry: Accounting

A great, user friendly program

Reviewed on 2022/07/29

Pros

I liked how easy to use the interface was. My clients never had an issue maneuvering through the software. Even on a mobile device, it still looks great and is easy to navigate.

Cons

The software was great, but just not customized to my profession enough. And I know it isn't meant to be for accountants. I was looking for something that had specific features specifically for accounting that would simplify my processes. This was a great starter portal for me to use in my first year of running my business 100% virtually, but eventually, I had to upgrade to something more robust.

Response from FileInvite

Thanks for your review, Lindsey. We're glad you found the software so easy to use!

Because we serve customers across so many industries (Finance, Legal, Academic, etc.), we'd love to hear your feedback specifically from the accounting perspective.

If you would't mind sending us direct feedback, please message us via https://www.fileinvite.com/contact.

Connie

great software

Reviewed on 2018/03/09

save us time and it will sending email to reminder the client and we don't need to manually f/up all the time.

Pros

first, the software can use the name you set up the template so after download, don't need to spend too much time to rename the file, second, if client upload the picture, you can choose to download the PDF one, and save time to convert the picture to PDF.

Cons

If client upload all the files and then you decide to download all the files, it will save as one merged PDF file, which has ID, bank statement, everything together, then we had to manually separate them, and rename, also under one template like bank statement, can't choose only download the merged docs for one template.

Pat

Clients love it we love it

Reviewed on 2017/05/08

Pros

One place for uploading all docs. one place to check. One place for clients to go and make notes. Auto COnverting to pDF;s also awesome

Cons

Duplicating intro emails would be good - as in notes - we say similar stuff when sending out we have templates for the actual documents but can not copy/duplicate/drop in a note/intro as yet....

Response from FileInvite

Hey Pat, thanks for the awesome review and feedback, we take all comments on board and helps us make fileinvite even better for future releases.

Michael

Stop pulling your hair out!

Reviewed on 2019/07/17

It's given me the ability to provide secure portals for exchanging both information and conversation. I can reference conversations we've had with accuracy and also review them for my next contact with them. It saves me from having to cruise my email for the last conversation we had or mistakenly delete the email. Overall clients love the security and how things are broken down by date due.

Pros

The ability to present a needs list to my client that is not overwhelmingly long.

Cons

I can't add video links to remarks. I use them to give short explainers of why it's important to give me what I need in the request.

Philip
  • Industry: Insurance

Very Good near perfect

Reviewed on 2021/12/21

Pros

Saves time and puts all our files in one please hard to not be happy with it.

Cons

I wish I didn't have to add a +1 when creating a new contact if we could set a default region for contact creation to save time that would be great we only do business in the US.

Response from FileInvite

We appreciate your input Philip. We've just released a revised 'Create Invite' process (early February 2022) that makes requesting information from your clients even easier. We've added a dropdown menu for country codes when adding contacts, with the option to set the US as default.

Richard

Time Saver

Reviewed on 2019/05/17

Increases the productivity of my business.

Increases the productivity of my business.

Pros

Clients love it. I can set out exactly what I need from a client and it is easy for them follow. It provides one central point for us to work together from.

Cons

I would like further integration into my CRM

Steve
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Great software

Reviewed on 2021/02/09

Able to obtain required documents from clients all in one portal. Clients can fill in a PDF and even add an electronic signature to the forms.

Pros

Helps the process of obtaining necessary and required documents for clients. The widget which you can place on your business website is invaluable. Once you get past the learning curve, it is easy to use and your customers will like using it. The support is unbelievable helpful and prompt.

Cons

None that I can see, other than the learning curve could have been shorter, but I believe a big part of that was me.

Response from FileInvite

We appreciate your review Steve! We work hard to provide the best possible experience for you and your clients! We're glad to hear that FileInvite works well for you.

Calvin
Calvin

Easy to use, easy to set up and provides our company with a professional image

Reviewed on 2018/03/09

Much greater security for sending and receiving customer information , both documents and messages. A more professional customer experience.

Pros

The on-boarding process as a new user is very good with helpful videos. The software is easy to set up and amend. The option to upgrade to custom branding presents a professional image to our customers. I feel this is a much safer system than allowing customers to send their documents to us via unencrypted emails.

Cons

I would love this software to integrate with Timely who provide our office diary. I would also like the option for a file invite to expire and be deleted from the providers server after a set time.

Jenny

Convinient tool

Amazing

Amazing

Pros

The product easy to use and help to save lots of time gathering documents

Cons

Sometimes it didn’t save to my one drive I need to go in file invite and manually created the folder.

Response from FileInvite

Thank you for your feedback Jenny! Sorry to hear sometimes files didn't sync to OneDrive. There is likely a setting that needs changing in your account to get this working again, I'll have someone from our support team reach out to help you with this.

Edward
  • Industry: Banking

Thanks FileInvite!

Reviewed on 2022/01/03

So far all is good, we'll continue using FileInvite as it helps us documenting.

So far all is good, we'll continue using FileInvite as it helps us documenting.

Pros

It's easy and accessible. Clients can upload documents needed.

Cons

None so far. My team and I love using this software. We have not encountered any problems with it yet.

Response from FileInvite

We're glad you and your team love using our product. If there's anything else we can do for you, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Adam

FileInvite Rocks

Reviewed on 2019/07/17

Excellent. This has made the process of gathering information so much easier and our customers seem to enjoy the functionality and security of FileInvite.

Pros

I've been using FileInvite for over a month and it has definitely helped to streamline file collection from customers. I really enjoy being notified when a customer has reviewed the request and uploaded documents.

Cons

There were some minor issues with some of the "Live Form" fields but those issues have been resolved.

Michael

Excellent platform, easy to use. Does what it's supposed to with zero extra nonsense.

Reviewed on 2017/06/21

no more emailing documents, easy to accept/reject & explain what's needed all in one place

Pros

Easy to use, simple clean interface, practically zero learning curve. Clients like it and understand it.

Cons

Not much. Need to remember to turn off the automated email reminders to the client sometimes. Early on I had an issue adding new contacts but I figured it out.

Response from FileInvite

Hey Michael, thanks for the awesome review! We're stoked that you and your customers are enjoying using the fileinvite software platform and that it's adding great value to your business.

Great way to share documents and save time organizing files

Reviewed on 2018/03/05

Pros

You can just upload all documents to the same place, and have your customers also uploading. Everything will be there, so next time you are looking for something, you won't have to go searching everywhere.

Cons

Sometimes it will take a little while to upload files, but that could also be an issue with our connection. Let me also note that it is very rare to have an upload or download that will take long to complete, but it does happen occasionally.

Scott
Scott

File Invite Review

Reviewed on 2019/05/20

Pros

We spend a lot of time gathering required information for clients and their home loan application. We have now templated our requests to suit each lender and we can see if the client has opened it, uploaded info and of course returned it - very simple and easy to use

Cons

Not everyone one of clients use it and of course, I would be happier if it were cheaper, but I still think it's value for money

Mark

Awesome Software

Reviewed on 2018/03/12

Simplify the contact with clients and all files are kept out of my inbox where they can be missed, and so keeps things organised and clients have an easy set of instructions on what to do.

Pros

Keeps files out of my inbox and easily managed via file invite, auto reminders for my clinets, can customise what list of items are asked for, and links to various other software like Box, Dropbox or Google Drive,