FileInvite

Automated cloud-based document collection system for clients

Jared F.

A Great Solution for Document Collection

Reviewed on 2019/05/17

The Fileinvite team has been very responsive. They are willing to listen and if it makes sense implement certain changes to the platform.

Pros

The software (app) is easy to use and set up, taking only a few minutes. The 'templates' feature make it easy to quickly send document requests to my clients / customers. The software also offers a quick video tutorial for those clients / customers familiar with such software, showing end users how to use the app. FileInvite just added a "forms" feature allowing the user to create quick and easy fillable form templates.

Cons

I would like to see some additional functionality added to "forms" like simple math functions. It would also be very beneficial to "replaceable fields" to the templates allowing for automatic naming of certain documents.

Response from FileInvite

Thanks for the feedback Jared,
We're hoping to expand on the forms functionality soon...

Alanna R.

Its great however it is a long winded path to get into drop box

Reviewed on 2018/03/08

Pros

I like how all uploaded info can go straight to our clients efile into their personalised file under drop box,

Cons

Not liking the amount of clicks you need to go thr ough to get to the path in their efile under our drop box.

Adam B.

FileInvite allows me to be more efficient within my business and reduces anxiety! ;-)

Reviewed on 2018/03/09

Pros

I like the fact that you can add your own logo so that clients are not confused by where the request is coming from, it keeps a continuity of branding. I love the fact that clients are getting text messages to let them know they have an invite, or that it is now due today. I like that I can create templates.

Cons

Not able to link to Bankstatements.com.au however I get around it by putting my link under the request Bankstatements for people to click on. I think it would be a good idea to have the ability to ask questions for clients to respond to in a check off way, sometimes it is not a document that we need but the answer to a question, once they respond it can be checked off. I would like to have a record of the invite, what was uploaded, down loaded, comments etc so I can add to my file separate to FileInvite for compliance reasons.

John T.

Huge Time Saver!

Reviewed on 2016/09/28

This software was a lifesaver for our workflow! We used to spend hours chasing clients for the documents we need from them to start their application, not anymore. This software does all the chasing, and keeps everything in one place. I can now see exactly which documents have been sent to us and which ones we are still waiting for, and they're not all scattered through my email inbox. I absolutely LOVE the automatic dropbox sync. As soon as the client uploads their documents they instantly show up in an neat and tidy folder on my computer. Feedback from our clients using the software has been great, and we have noticed a massive increase in the speed that they return us the files too.

Pros

Everything is in one place and I don't have to remember to follow up the clients.

Cons

Can't reply to in-app messages by email.

• Industry: Banking

Great document collection tool - makes the process easy to collect documents.

Reviewed on 2018/03/09

Ease of use. Streamlines the document collection process. Speeds up the document collection process.

Pros

Easy to implement. Customized branding for mid and higher grade applications. Works with several applications and easy API integration. Nice product for price. Good for single, team or corporate application.

Cons

White Label in highest grade only. Needs ability to set workflows and timed actions. Needs an unlimited Invite option.

Lynne R.

Easy and safe to use for everyone.

Reviewed on 2017/05/09

Ease of use. Safe to upload documents. We can customise or just send already customerised templates to customers.

Pros

Easy to use. Safe for customers to upload their information. Easy to explain to customers exactly what we want from them. Messages can be sent back and forth if their are any questions.

Cons

Haven't found anything I dislike. Its easy to use. It's safe to use. Customers have embraced it completely.

Response from FileInvite

Hi Lynne, thanks for the awesome review! We're glad that you and your customers enjoy using the platform!

Dana D.
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Great tool, great support

Reviewed on 2020/03/03

Customer service is fast and friendly.

Pros

This platform makes it easy to collect and collate documents. Individuals I am collecting items from find it easy to use and report that it makes a complicated course reporting process more straightforward.

Cons

Nothing. I found it easy to integrate with other platforms. Whenever I've encountered a challenge, FileInvite customer support has responded to my message within hours.

Very Good and Easy Tpo Manage

Reviewed on 2018/03/09

easy to manage customers paper work,,,

Pros

Alerts and Advises Me any time there is activity.... Ability to use is simple. Keeps Data Manageable.

Cons

ability to reply with personal message are Not easy to find if it is available. sends my name double in messages

Adrian C.

Easy to use, takes the effort out of worrying about missed emails of supporting documents

Reviewed on 2017/06/20

easy setup and you don't need to worry, when the client accesses the portal you are notified

Pros

Setup the list of required documents needed and send, doesn't get any easier than that. Easy for client to understand what they need to do , Access via the smart phone is a plus as well.

Cons

Response from FileInvite

Hey Adrian, thanks for the awesome review, we're stoked you're getting great results using the software!

Great software

Reviewed on 2019/05/18

Pros

This software has significantly reduced the amount of time I have had to spend following up with clients for documentation, and now I can actually see what is missing at a glance

Cons

It takes a little while to fully learn all of the is and puts off the software but it works great for our use case

Luke S.

Been using it for a few months. Clients seem to think it is easy to use. Very happy with it

Reviewed on 2018/03/09

Love the templates. Makes requesting the same info in most occosions very simple and quick

Pros

Easy of use for both the user and the client. Good value for money. Makes tge business look very professional.

Cons

Want to be able to get branding but not go premium as i dont wanted the other stuff. I dint need link to cloud or other users as work alone.

Dylan S.
  • Industry: Insurance
  • Used Monthly for Free Trial

Gathering information made easy

Reviewed on 2018/11/06

Overall the product is good and helps our agency collect information necessary.

Pros

FileInvite has made collecting important information from our clients so much easier. We can send a email right to them asking for specific items and they can send right back fast and secure.

Cons

Price is a little expensive to just receive files.

Renee G.

Brilliant time saving product

Reviewed on 2018/08/14

Very easy to work with, excellent customer service and always available when needed.

Pros

I loved the fact that all the documents that I needed from a client were not only sent to the client in one actionable file but also that the clients had a clear visual of what they had and hadn't sent. The auto follow ups for documents not yet received was also a valuable time saver. Clients have given me nothing but positive feedback on the ease of use from end user experience as well.

Cons

Nothing to fault with the product at all.

Response from FileInvite

Thanks so much for the review Renee. Having a good idea where everyone and every file is at can be handy, and automatically following gets results.

We are so glad that clients are finding it easy to use as well.

Nick @ FileInvite.com

Calvin O.

Easy to use, easy to set up and provides our company with a professional image

Reviewed on 2018/03/09

Much greater security for sending and receiving customer information , both documents and messages. A more professional customer experience.

Pros

The on-boarding process as a new user is very good with helpful videos. The software is easy to set up and amend. The option to upgrade to custom branding presents a professional image to our customers. I feel this is a much safer system than allowing customers to send their documents to us via unencrypted emails.

Cons

I would love this software to integrate with Timely who provide our office diary. I would also like the option for a file invite to expire and be deleted from the providers server after a set time.

Bruno B.

Great software, easy way to share documents and save time organizing files!

Reviewed on 2017/11/02

Being able to manage files received by customers and also send them files with notes. The way we are able to communicate through the software is also awesome. I do recommend this file to all business owners, you will always need this type of software.

Pros

You can just upload all documents to the same place, and have your customers also uploading. Everything will be there, so next time you are looking for something, you won't have to go searching everywhere. The best of it all is that if you make a mistake when requesting a document, you can go back and edit it. It's so easy to manage files and add notes to it! Also, you can communicate with customers through it. Did I mention that it also transforms files to PDF automatically, making it easy to access through your phone or notebook? This is the one software we need to manage our files. Very easy and simple to use.

Cons

Sometimes it will take a little while to upload files, but that could also be an issue with our connection. Let me also note that it is very rare to have an upload or download that will take long to complete, but it does happen occasionally.

Chris R.

Great value for the price! Easy to use and an effective way to improve productivity!

Reviewed on 2017/05/08

Pros

The best feature of this software is its user interface. It is easy to set up templates and it offers you sufficient customization. I have used similar platforms before and although they allowed for some customization, I found that they imposed several limitations of how may customizations you were allowed. For example, I could include a description, but the number of characters allowed for the description were extremely limited. This made it difficult to provide all of the information that the customer needed to know about that specific request. I also eventually left other software providers behind because they kept increasing the price with very little improvement in their platform (and in some cases, less functionality for a higher price). I believe that this platform is a fair price and depending upon the enhancements down the road, I would consider paying more for additional functionality.

Cons

It would be great to have the ability to collect electronic signatures (which I know is in the works). Also, in other systems that I have used, I was able to send out status reminders based upon certain milestones in the process. For example, I could have different milestones set and once I checked them off, it would email the parties that I set up at the start (i.e. loan documents received, appraisal completed, clear to close, etc.)

Response from FileInvite

Hey Chris, thanks for the awesome review! We have now have signature capture that you can use in beta, let me know if you'd like us to turn this on for you. We also have Zapier integration which may help down the track with your automated reminders and invites.

Connie W.

great software

Reviewed on 2018/03/09

save us time and it will sending email to reminder the client and we don't need to manually f/up all the time.

Pros

first, the software can use the name you set up the template so after download, don't need to spend too much time to rename the file, second, if client upload the picture, you can choose to download the PDF one, and save time to convert the picture to PDF.

Cons

If client upload all the files and then you decide to download all the files, it will save as one merged PDF file, which has ID, bank statement, everything together, then we had to manually separate them, and rename, also under one template like bank statement, can't choose only download the merged docs for one template.

Richard F.

Has made me much more productive

Increased prodctivity. Decreased frustration

Pros

Keeps all the documents I need precisely where I need them and allows me to create my own templates.

Cons

Needs to add the functionality for two people to sign the same document. Would like more options for sending reminders.

Adam B.

FileInvite is Brilliant Software

Reviewed on 2019/07/23

Collecting documents is one of the most time consuming parts of our process, and clients are always confused and annoyed at it. FileInvite completely optimises this process and helps walk clients through the process.

Pros

Time savings
Clients love it
Easy to customise
Optimises the most time consuming part of our business

Cons

The link to Cashdeck was delayed, but it is part of the software now

Arwa N.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Useful for accounting and tax firm owners

Reviewed on 2020/02/07

Its secure and fast to use. Its fairly simple from the user side and theres lots of tutorials for clients. The price point is great and I love that there is a free version also available.

Pros

I love the ease and security of use. Its quick to send and receive documents from clients. I like that there is video tutorials available for clients who are not familiar with this sort of technology. Perfect for small tax firms and owners with independent service based businesses.

Cons

Would be useful to add some simple formulas to the forms. Also, the delete function can be improved. It takes forever to delete unwanted documents.

Response from FileInvite

Thanks for the Feedback Arwa. We have some upgrades to forms on the way and have also updated file deleting with a bulk delete option.

James K.

Fantastic - Simple to use and an easy way to gather documents.

Reviewed on 2017/05/09

Pros

I like how the files convert to PDF and automatically save to my laptop. Also, the ease at which clients can upload information, from their smartphone or computer.

Cons

Would like files to sync with OneDrive and Box. Also, the speed throughout the site can be on the slow side.

Response from FileInvite

Hey James, thanks for the awesome review! We stoked that you're enjoying the ease of use for yourself and your clients.

Brad V.

Very helpful for our users

Reviewed on 2018/03/08

Pros

Secure docs and conversion to pdf
This has been a helpful tool that has cut down on time and made it streamlined to review docs. Integration with google drive is also convenient

Cons

Access for the individual user is managed by administrators and I'd like to see the individual having more access

Jerald H.

I like this site

Reviewed on 2018/03/08

The auto follow up are the main thing. Together with SMS integration it makes for a great combo! :)

Pros

I love the extra follow ups that it does automatically. It has made my follow ups with clients very easy to do.

Cons

The signature feature is kinda broken. The signature never appears on the right spot and the box can't be resized. People just type in their signature as well and there's no way to disable this :( Please see RightSig for a good reference point.

Monika S.
  • Industry: Legal Services
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Super nice software to collect documents

Reviewed on 2019/07/18

Pros

Easy templates
Client portal
Client e-mails ''nudges''

Cons

Not possible to print client written notes
Some files are not converted to PDF

Ann R.
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

FileInvite

Reviewed on 2018/10/16

If we had a younger audience and computer savvy clients this would have worked wonders for us but unfortunately that is not currently the case.

Pros

The program was on a trial basis. We are a small office and wanted to see if our clients would be responsive as they are an older generation. The software is easy to use.

Cons

The software is good but again due to the age of most of our clients it was difficult to work with the clients to educate them on how to use the program.